New Elizabeth Warren ad: My parents told me my mom was part Native American, so there you go

posted at 7:57 pm on September 24, 2012 by Allahpundit

I didn’t think that exchange over her heritage at the debate last week had drawn any blood, but evidently it did. There’s no way her team would waste resources in addressing this subject unless they didn’t like the feedback they got afterward. And if that doesn’t convince you, check out the second clip below: Brown is now running attack ads on it. I wonder what sort of nerve this is hitting in the polling for it to suddenly be injected back into the race. Is it a pure “trust” thing or are her academic credentials more important to her candidacy than thought? If you watch the debate clip again, you’ll find Brown complimenting her as a “good teacher” at one point, but that’s at odds with the thrust of this argument, which is to suggest that she got where she is not on merit but due to “diversity.” I’m really surprised that it’s re-emerging down the stretch, and that she’s willing to play defense on it rather than spend her time trying to tie him to Romney and the GOP.

The defense, incidentally, is predictable: Brown’s not attacking her, he’s attacking her family. The monster.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

If there are any Investigative Reporters/Bloggers left in the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts, the person they should call is Elizabeth Warren’s second Husband Bruce H. Mann.

Bruce H. Mann is the Carl F. Schipper, Jr. Professor of Law at Harvard Law School.

Let’s review the information we have to see how likely it is that Elizabeth Warren did benefit professionally by falsely listing herself as a minority in The Association of American Law Schools Desk Book.

Elizabeth Warren got her Law Degree from Rutgers School of Law.

Warren taught at the following Universities:

Rutgers University 1977 – 1978
Houston Law Center 1978 – 1983
University of Texas 1981 – 1987
University of Michigan as a Visiting Professor 1985

Then Elizabeth Warren declared herself to be a “minority” 1986 – 1995.

The Association of American Law Schools desk book, a directory of law professors from participating schools, includes Warren among the minority law professors listed, beginning in 1986 and continuing through 1995. The years include time she spent teaching at the University of Texas and the University of Pennsylvania, before she joined the faculty at Harvard Law.

Shortly after classifying herself as a minority, Elizabeth Warren made the jump to the Ivy League when she got a job at the University of Pennsylvania in 1987.

Bruce H. Mann also began working at the University of Pennsylvania in 1987.

But unlike Elizabeth Warren, Bruce Mann actual had earned an Ivy League pedigree with 2 degrees from Brown University and 3 degrees from Yale University.

In 1992 Elizabeth Warren became a Visiting Professor at Harvard.

In 1995 Elizabeth Warren accepted a permanent Professorship at Harvard.

Coincidently, 1995 was the last year that Elizabeth Warren listed herself as a minority in the law school directory.

If anybody can explain why the dates of Elizabeth Warren’s minority status line up so well with her move to the Ivy League, it is her husband Bruce Mann since he was also working at University of Pennsylvania and Harvard University.

If minority status was not a factor in hiring Elizabeth Warren, we would all have to believe that it was not unusual for the University of Pennsylvania and Harvard University to hire a professor who got her law degree from Rutgers University which was ranked as the # 82 Law School.

Who will be the first Reporter to pick up the phone and call Bruce H. Mann?

wren on September 24, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Not just clueless and cringe-worthy, but “DJ Tony’s extended version” to boot!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha

as cringe worthy and clueless as the continued doubling down of princess lily white and the gits who insist on defending her.

mittens on September 24, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Little sisters always took the second fiddles, lol. My little sister liked George Harrison, Mike Nesmith and Danny Bonaduce. I always went for the frontmen, lol. My older sister had a crush on Peter Noone.

OTTO? Better go to your room. This has become Tiger Beat-palooza.

Fallon on September 24, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Oh my goodness, you’re right! I did like George Harrison, but not Mike Nesmith, and I guess I didn’t even have the decency to learn how to spell Danny’s name properly. I will state for the record I found NONE of the Brady boy’s attractive, well maybe Peter, once in a while.

Night Owl on September 24, 2012 at 9:31 PM

That’s a load of buffalo chips. Fess up. b*tch – YOU ARE A LIAR!

Pork-Chop on September 24, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Is this her “I am not a witch” moment?

tdpwells on September 24, 2012 at 9:33 PM

5’2.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 24, 2012 at 8:18 PM

About the same height as my little teeny Aunt Betsy – who married my 6’4″ uncle. She then proceeded to give birth to three 6’4″ boys. Their family photos are hillarious.

Of course, she gets a lot of credibility by noting that “I gave birth to THAT” (points to giant son).

SubmarineDoc on September 24, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Twila Barnes, the Cherokee genealogist who exposed Warren’s lies, is asking for donations:

Any donations made to this blog between now and the election would go toward a trip back to Massachusetts so that I can try to educate the public about who we Cherokees are, the truth about her history and why Ms. Warren is not one of us.

She an Professor Jacobson at Legal Insurrection are doing the work the Press refuses to do.

batterup on September 24, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Is this her “I am not a witch” moment?

tdpwells on September 24, 2012 at 9:33 PM

“I was told I was a witch” moment.

the_nile on September 24, 2012 at 9:38 PM

: “Mama said!”

Delta Tango on September 24, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Some people can put that in a song and make it sound cool like Lenny Kravitz, but this dumb ass just sounds like a typical liberal childish little shit!

cableguy615 on September 24, 2012 at 9:40 PM

What I’d like to know is why she went all-out with the lie, enough to get those plagiarized (& laughably un-Native) recipes published in the Pow Wow Chow cookbook.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on September 24, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.

cynccook on September 24, 2012 at 8:18 PM

This is a bumper sticker and t-shirt worthy quote.

PatriotGal2257 on September 24, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Did the “practicing law without a license” issue come up during the debate?

DrStock on September 24, 2012 at 9:03 PM

The unlicensed practice of law issue didn’t come up anywhere until this morning, after the debate, when William Jacobson posted about it on Legal Insurrection.

J.S.K. on September 24, 2012 at 9:49 PM

SubmarineDoc on September 24, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Spawn’s dad is 5’11.
Spawn and I work @ the same Wally World and he said something goofy to me in the associate room awhile back. I responded by flipping him off.
Honey Badger, indeed! LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on September 24, 2012 at 9:53 PM

J.S.K. on September 24, 2012 at 9:49 PM

There is some debate going on about whether it is an issue or not.

pedestrian on September 24, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I wonder if Lizzy ever found out about Santa Claus..?

d1carter on September 24, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Of course , he does her taxes and signs her mortgages.

the_nile on September 24, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner….

SubmarineDoc on September 24, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Evening, everyone!

We Wuz Robbed! The Way We Should’ve Fought World War II!

My “Sweet 15″ of reworked WWII propaganda posters…

I saw a propaganda poster for Cherokee Indians. I’m going to have to go back, find it, and redo it for Fauxchahontas.

Resist We Much on September 24, 2012 at 10:02 PM

My mother told me I was a Martian. She was as nuts as Elizabeth Warren’s mother was.

RZuendt on September 24, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Honey Badger, indeed! LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on September 24, 2012 at 9:53 PM

I swear to God people like you and your customers are the reason I will never walk into a Walmart unarmed.

:X

CorporatePiggy on September 24, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Now she is a victim – 47%er.

Tater Salad on September 24, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Resist We Much on September 24, 2012 at 10:02 PM

ROFL!! Simply brilliant!

I’m going to have to look at them again in the privacy of my own home so I can laugh out loud (I’m still at work).

PatriotGal2257 on September 24, 2012 at 10:18 PM

I just saw today that she maintained a law practice for ten years while at Harvard. Just for jollies, if I were investigating Warren’s minority shenanigans, I’d be looking into whether she took advantage of MBE status to grab some government set asides.

Dusty on September 24, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Sorry to drive-by post, I don’t have time at this second to read the rest of the posts, so forgive me if this has already been said, but….

THAT WOMAN IS JUST PLAIN WEIRD!!!! Like, Norman Bates level weird. I’m surprised she hasn’t gone on a school massacre spree yet.

WhatSlushfund on September 24, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Many moons ago old squaw tell young squaw you not paleface you member of tribe. Good medicine to work system where vain hippie paleface now run school on river which good paleface with heap big wampum once run. Now must fork tongue at school on river change as does sun. Cross fingers when speak at school on river and fork tongue not count.

viking01 on September 24, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Scott Brown is attacking her family? SHE threw her father’s entire side of the family under the bus in a grotesque attempt to slither out of this mess of a lie she has gotten herself into. Can you just see this dreadful woman in a campaign strategy meeting? “Let’s just say my dad’s people were all nasty racists. Would that work?”

What a miserable waste of space this terrible woman is. Sooner (I hope) or later, someone from her dad’s side is bound to come forward and reveal what a lying piece of scum Fauxcahontas is.

Rational Thought on September 24, 2012 at 10:45 PM

My parents told me my mom was part Native American, so there you go

And my Wife’s mother told her she was related to the Putnam’s of Revolutionary war fame. The difference is that we actually have traced the lineage all the way back with proper BC’s and family tree’s.

OTOH you expect us to take your word for it with no proof plus the tribes you claim you belong to dispute that fact. Leave it to a Democrat to enhance their CV with lies.

chemman on September 24, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Hello … I live in Oregon … I’m a direct desendent of Lewis & Clark. My ancestors came to Oregon on the Oregon trail … so you see … I’m related to them (L&C, that is). I was told so by some crazy great aunt who lived in The Dalles, OR. /

Let’s see who can dispute that.

ORrighty on September 24, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Yea my parents told me that I was 65 years old when I was born and I could go and apply for social security whenever I felt like it. Since I was born in Kenya and grew up in HI, they needed a birth certificate. It took me almost 4 years to buy one and they refused to accept it and tried to lock me up for fraud, claiming I had entered invalid and untrue or unprovable data onto a federal form, thereby commiting several frauds. They said that if I came back again before I turned 21 years old, they would change my name to barak Warren.

j bo on September 24, 2012 at 11:05 PM

What’s she’s saying is, it doesn’t matter if it’s true..

Kenosha Kid on September 24, 2012 at 11:11 PM

My parents told me my mom was part Lawyer, so there you go

DANEgerus on September 24, 2012 at 11:13 PM

So Warren is a mix between a bunch of racists and poseurs. What a surprise.

pedestrian on September 25, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Embarrassing… but Fakeahontas is all in, so we’re stuck with this…

Khun Joe on September 25, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I was told I’m part black, part Hispanic, part woman, part handi-capable!, part gay, part Muslim and part polar bear. I also partially have AIDS and I was bullied as a child… part of the time.

Think I better visit HR and adjust my employment forms.

Yup, oughta be gettin’ that big corner office by Monday… and my workload will be down too… just sayin’ stuff is awesome!

mankai on September 25, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Princess Itchy Beaver IS in fact a woman of color. “Alpine White” is a color after all…

theCork on September 25, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Wow. Fauxcohontas just did a remake of Christine O’Donnell’s I’m not a witch ad. lol

Murf76 on September 25, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Looks like someone hit the tanning booth before that commercial.

Afterseven on September 25, 2012 at 1:08 AM

I listen to that clip of Warren, and I hear the voice of a woman who has been forced to come to grips with the reality that nobody buys her bullspit.

She’s knows that people know that she knows that people know that she’s full of bullspit.

Bye-bye Faux-Cohontas and bye-bye Edward “Murderer” Kennedy.

IronDioPriest on September 25, 2012 at 1:21 AM

First: Even if Elizabeth Warren was legal to do what she did: The hypocrisy of a liberal Democrat representing Travelers Insurance Co. and getting dismissed cases by injured asbestos workers (most of which were undoubtably union members) is astounding. If Scott Brown did anything similar, the press would destroy him.

Second: It is not at all clear she was an active member of the New Jersey or Texas bars (the only bar associations she was ever a member of) when she raked in $200,000 on part time insurance defense work. If that is true, she may be in for some serious trouble. Does she fall under the “law clerk” exception? Only if she did not appear in any pleadings and that is not entirely clear either.

Mr. Joe on September 25, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Isn’t Biden part Delaware, too?

claudius on September 25, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Looks like someone hit the tanning booth before that commercial.
Afterseven on September 25, 2012 at 1:08 AM

This plus extra cheekbone shading. Trying to enhance the street wampum, I guess.

NickelAndDime on September 25, 2012 at 4:53 AM

My “Sweet 15″ of reworked WWII propaganda posters…

Resist We Much on September 24, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Nice work! Love the old posters. Hope you make a gallery of them.

Old Russian and Chinese posters are fun to rework too.

petefrt on September 25, 2012 at 5:09 AM

Breaking: Elizabeth Warren claims she is also part Chinese. When Elizabeth was little, her mother often made Chop Suey for the family’s dinner.

petefrt on September 25, 2012 at 5:21 AM

Fauxahontas speak with forked tongue. Ugh.

kingsjester on September 25, 2012 at 7:12 AM

Also, her mother told her that she was licensed to practice law in Massachusetts so she didn’t have to bother taking the Bar Exam.

Last I heard was that practicing law without a license was a felony! Since it’s been clearly proven that she has practiced law in the State of Massachusetts for over a decade without a bar license, why hasn’t she been arrested?

Has it come down to a point now where party affiliation is a get-out-of-jail free card for card carrying members, while the rest of us face immediate arrest and trial for doing the same thing?

I really fear it has.

Mahdi on September 25, 2012 at 7:47 AM

And if your parents said you were a Leprechaun from Ireland would you believe that?

albill on September 25, 2012 at 7:56 AM

When I was a little leprechaun and became rowdy, my mother would yell,

“You’re carrying on like a wild Indian!”

Does that mean that the next time I fill out a form I can check the box that says “Native American?” After,all, that’s what my mama told me.

oldleprechaun on September 25, 2012 at 7:58 AM

Idiot. From where in the underworld do these slugs emerge?

rplat on September 25, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Elizabeth Warren has released further proof of her heritage. The following is a lullaby she sang to her children:

One little, two little, three little Indians
Four little, five little, six little Indians
Seven little, eight little, nine little Indians
Ten little Indian boys.
Ten little, nine little, eight little Indians
Seven little, six little, five little Indians
Four little, three little, two little Indians
One little Indian boy.

weaselyone on September 25, 2012 at 8:26 AM

My mama told me Santa Claus is real. So there.

The Rogue Tomato on September 25, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Then I got older, was better able to discern farce from fact.

I took responsibility for my actions and thoughts. So it never entered my mind to repeat the Easter Bunny fiction, much less use it to endear myself to other bunnies or people that had affection for them.

I certainly never thought about telling everyone about the Easter Bunny tale, so to speak, then blaming my parents for the tome. That would be dishonest and irresponsible.

Marcus Traianus on September 25, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Brings to mind the classic “I am not a witch” ad. Major difference is that the Dems are sticking with Liz, the Republicans abandoned Christine. Maybe if the Reps would have circled the wagons like the Dems, the country would be in much better shape than we are now. We haven’t learned though; see Akin. Which is better, owning the Senate or letting the Dems dictate because we don’t agree 100% with our candidate? Vote Mitt and Akin.

NotEasilyFooled on September 25, 2012 at 8:49 AM

COD seems normal compared to Warren… and a hundred other Dems

faraway on September 25, 2012 at 8:49 AM

My paternal grandmother was a Cherokee medicine woman.I am and always have been proud of that fact. Funny thing is I’ve noticed that most people here claim indian blood.(Are there really that many desendants?) As far as Elizabeth Waren is concerned, I have a hard time believing she is human.

DanaSmiles on September 25, 2012 at 8:51 AM

NotEasilyFooled on September 25, 2012 at 8:49 AM

You stated it more elegantly than I did. Bravo.

faraway on September 25, 2012 at 9:05 AM

You can be a good teacher and not be accepted at Harvard. It doesn’t undercut his argument to say she’s a good teacher. It’s ridiculous not to call her a good teacher.

Just because Harvard rejects you, doesn’t make you a putz. Harvard is for elites, including their teachers. If he were to attack her teaching, that would be overboard.

Just because she’s a good teacher doesn’t mean she should have necessarily been accepted at Harvard? There are plenty of universities that accept “good teachers” Harvard is not one of them. They only accept the very best.

mike volpe on September 25, 2012 at 9:10 AM

NotEasilyFooled on September 25, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Akin is a tool. Was the criticism completely fair? Yes. Should the GOP have taken a step back from a guy who thinks that you don’t get pregnant if you aren’t enjoying the rape? Absolutely. Just one more reason to hate the Huckabee brand of conservatism (Ignorant and hypocritical).

That being said, if I were living in MO I’d still vote for the bastard over McCaskill but I wouldn’t like doing so and resent the fact that I had such a bad set of choices that I had to pick between a moron and a commie.

Happy Nomad on September 25, 2012 at 9:15 AM

NotEasilyFooled on September 25, 2012 at 8:49 AM

You stated it more elegantly than I did. Bravo.

faraway on September 25, 2012 at 9:05 AM

I agree, well stated.

hawkdriver on September 25, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Happy Nomad on September 25, 2012 at 9:15 AM

hawkdriver on September 25, 2012 at 9:16 AM

mike volpe on September 25, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I disagree with you completely. Harvard is one of those schools who hire teachers in an echo chamber. The very best teachers help students learn. Harvard merely indoctrinates.

Happy Nomad on September 25, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Not to mention that she illegally worked as a lawyer when there are hundreds maybe thousands of starving real lawyers that would have loved to have worked for Travelers.

Kissmygrits on September 25, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Happy Nomad on September 25, 2012 at 9:15 AM

A little quick on the gun there hitting submit. But …

To be fair, your characterizations of his original comments are not much better than his characterizations of rape. It’s frankly, not what he said.

I’m still amazed at the language discussing his comments seems to always invoke from Conservatives. I simply do not understand how we get to the point of hating one of our candidates so much. My guess would be a basic disagreement with the issue at hand and an emotional response in return.

hawkdriver on September 25, 2012 at 9:21 AM

What is so upside down about this that Harvard accepted her claim of heritage without reserve. Very odd because to show indian blood and be a member of a tribe most anywhere you must prove you are at least 1/4 by blood. I had to prove this in order to receive a BIA grant for college. And another thing, did she get her tuition paid for based on that claim?

jake49 on September 25, 2012 at 9:27 AM

hawkdriver on September 25, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Well you know, people always want to try to make that as one of those things, well how do you, how do you slice this particularly tough sort of ethical question. First of all, from what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare. If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let’s assume that maybe that didn’t work or something. I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist and not attacking the child.

How did I misrepresent what Akin said? I didn’t even get into the whole concept of “legitimate rape” because I understand what he was trying to say even if he is a moron.

And BTW, I don’t “hate” Akin but that doesn’t mean I would support his positions or think that he made the wrong decision to stay in the race. When you get John Danforth and John Ashcroft in agreement on anything then you’ve got to at least pause and consider what they are saying.

Happy Nomad on September 25, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Really,

what is it they’re indoctrinating in the chemstry class, Calculus, Spanish literature, English class.

Get a grip. Harvard is elite. Left wing or not, it’s still elite.

mike volpe on September 25, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Like Warren, I grew up in Oklahoma. There are lots of families there with stories of hidden Indian ancestry. Some have a factual basis, some do not.

I don’t blame Warren for thinking she might be able to claim Indian ancestry. But the way she handled it showed she was not sincere in connecting to her “roots” and the Indian community. She just wanted to play the race game to get a good job. And Harvard was glad to oblige.

How could she be such a great lawyer as to deserve to be a Harvard professor if she did not know the mess she would create if she did not do her homework and validate her family stories before officially claiming Indian ancestry. If she was such a good lawyer she would have understand the legal consequences of claiming native ancestry and just not gone there without having the documentation to prove it.

Just another lame lib looking out for themselves at the expense of those whose cause they claim to champion.

bartbeast on September 25, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Happy Nomad on September 25, 2012 at 9:34 AM

“Enjoying the rape”? Your characterization. He never said that. The distinction is important.

Bastard and moron?

You talk like you hate him. Are you pro-choice?

hawkdriver on September 25, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Get a grip. Harvard is elite. Left wing or not, it’s still elite.

mike volpe on September 25, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Global warming, America sucks, liberal ideology, the rich are evil, there is only one acceptable viewpoint, etc. Seriously, Harvard may be elite but you don’t get an education there you get indoctrinated into left-wing dogma.

Happy Nomad on September 25, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Here is how it works.

If you can gather enough documentation to prove you had Indian ancestors, you apply to the Bureau of Indian Affairs to get a Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB). Here is a link to the BIA form you fill out to get a the process started.

From there you use this document to apply to a federally recognized tribe for membership.

The amount of Indian ancestry (also called “blood quantum”) needed to join the various tribes varies all over the board. Some tribes require more than others and of course, the Feds keep changing the rules.

The bottom line is, if you have Indian ancestry (and can prove it) you end up with two IDs. One from the BIA and one from a tribe. Everywhere (except Harvard) you need both of these to get anywhere with a claim of Indian ancestry.

Warren has neither. But the rules don’t apply to the lib elite.

bartbeast on September 25, 2012 at 9:54 AM

You talk like you hate him. Are you pro-choice?

hawkdriver on September 25, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Not that it is a relevant point but, yes, I am anti-abortion.

The situation is simple. A candidate for the US Senate makes about the most ignorant comment imaginable and instead of bowing out he doubles down on stupid. And somewhere along the line it is being demanded that every Republican stand by this idiot and defend his ignorance in some sort of a warped loyalty test (i.e. you must be a bad conservative if you don’t defend legitimate rape comments). Sorry but I can still be a good Republican and conservative without standing shoulder-to-shoulder with a moron like Akin.

Happy Nomad on September 25, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Lieawatha

Dr. Demento on September 25, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Allahpundit, a lot of people who do not read the Boston Herald or listen to Howie Carr had not heard of this yet. They don’t cover anything in the news here, nothing dear. And all the really smart people only listen to NPR.

Fleuries on September 25, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Happy Nomad on September 25, 2012 at 9:56 AM

I didn’t say you couldn’t and I’ve read your comments before and know you to be solidly Conservative. I hope you didn’t get the impression I’m saying you can’t disagree with his handling of that question and not be Conservative. And I’m glad you’re anti-abortion.

I’ll just go back to my original comment. It’s all in the way words are characterized. You gave quite an impression with your original. Was it your intention to insinuate that Akins was claiming women enjoyed rape? He never said that and his real comment was sufficiently foolish without adding to it through a mischaracterization.

The media will always find a thread to pick at with Conservatives and what they say. I don’t think we need to help them. He seems to be in it till the end now. We gain nothing by further damaging him by revisiting the comment. Especially if we turn it into some abstract concept not even Akin originally intended.

hawkdriver on September 25, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Gawd, she even looks like a clueless lib. Can’t stand her.

RedNewEnglander on September 25, 2012 at 10:12 AM

It doesn’t surprise me that Liawatha lied/cheated to get hired during the Ivy League Minority push to equalize faculty and students…It happened quite a bit during that time.

I knew fellow grad students who jeopardized accreditation,lied or cheated on resumes & universities that bent rules to hire them on the tenure track or give them grants.

It didn’t matter to these students that they were cheating to get ahead, they felt entitled as members of the oppressed.

The results to education are debatable but the sharp slope downward in my field is pretty obvious.

Tenure Track positions in my field are entirely political and have been since those years.

You’re more likely to get hired,gallery representation,public or private grants,public or private commissions,or publication if you make crappy political shock art about being angry & oppressed for some reason.

At least the internet has opened up the market to some degree.

But that’s just my observation.

workingclass artist on September 25, 2012 at 10:23 AM

reaking News…

Elizabeth Warren: I’m part black too. My Aunt Sarah was said to have rhythm.

petefrt on September 24, 2012 at 8:39 PM

I used to use her other aunt’s pancake mix.

Barnestormer on September 25, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Did your parents tell you to practice law w/o a license?

Akzed on September 25, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Her parents told her they believed in abortion but did not practice it.

Wade on September 25, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Get a grip. Harvard is elite. Left wing or not, it’s still elite.
mike volpe on September 25, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Happy Nomad on September 25, 2012 at 9:51 AM

You also get an unusually large Ego
As unattractive as it may be

MrMoe on September 25, 2012 at 10:56 AM

reaking News…

Elizabeth Warren: I’m part black too. My Aunt Sarah was said to have rhythm.

petefrt on September 24, 2012 at 8:39 PM

I used to use her other aunt’s pancake mix.

Barnestormer on September 25, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Ahhh…humor from a bygone era.

verbaluce on September 25, 2012 at 11:03 AM

When I was six, my mother told me I was the most beautiful and smartest boy in the city. If only she had told me I was part Indian, I could have taken adavantage of every affirmative action program in the nation. Thanks for nothing, mom.

stop2think on September 25, 2012 at 12:22 PM

My mother told me that Warren owes me 1/2 of her salary…

right2bright on September 25, 2012 at 12:46 PM

She’s an Indian outlaw.
Half white half choctaw.
Like her Momma said.
To get that affirmative action street cred.
Want a lobster on the plate?
Who is gonna check?
Not Havard, not Yale.
Not even State!
To get that shiny silverware.
Just claim to be 1/32d Delaware.
With high cheekbones an Injun you’ll be.
1/32d Apache.

Bubba Redneck on September 25, 2012 at 12:51 PM

To paraphrase the late,great,Flip Wilson, “The devil mad me say it!”

Don L on September 25, 2012 at 1:11 PM

When I was a kid, my parents once told me the Easter Bunny left me on the doorstep. Then I got older, was better able to discern farce from fact…

Marcus Traianus on September 25, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Unfortunately, a whole bunch of Obama voters still thing the Easter bunny brought them here.

Don L on September 25, 2012 at 1:15 PM

My parents told me Santa used to bring presents down the chimney. As one ages a bit of skepticism in light of one’s personal experiences is normally expected.

Blacklake on September 25, 2012 at 2:00 PM

She’s just practicing derrick bell’s Critical Race Theroy which states a key element is “storytelling” and “naming one’s own reality”. What a bunch of tools these people are.

doublee on September 25, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Oh and by the way I just heard my ATM fees are going up, thanks for that “my little cherokee princess”, you biotch.

doublee on September 25, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Is Tiger Woods eligible to own a casino?

Bevan on September 25, 2012 at 4:11 PM

cogito indian ergo indian sum

roy_batty on September 25, 2012 at 7:06 PM

As a voter in MA.. lemme tell you. No one gives a shit.

“Oh noes! Warren lied about her heritage on some form 20 years ago!”

Yeah, and? She’ll represent my interests in the senate better than brown ever could.

Conservatives will vote for brown and liberals will vote for warren.

And no, independents don’t give a shit either.

triple on September 26, 2012 at 6:59 AM

And no, independents don’t give a shit either.

triple on September 26, 2012 at 6:59 AM

Riiiiiight, the largest bloc of voters in MA is apolitical.

roy_batty on September 26, 2012 at 8:54 AM