Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on September 22, 2012 by Allahpundit

Earlier today, I spoke with several Romney advisers. They continue to shrug off the put-downs from critics who are calling for a shake-up. For example, they see Peggy Noonan’s column, which calls for Romney to bring in a Republican grandee as campaign manager, as mistaken…

They’re tired of hearing about how things are disastrous, and they’re tired of hearing that Romney is stumbling and losing a winnable election. There is an ominous consensus among many advisers that between now and the election, they’ll never win great coverage, so it’s more important for Romney to spend time preparing for the debates, cutting ads, and holding rallies — not currying favor with pundits.

Regarding the polls, Romney’s aides know that they are lagging behind in a handful of swing states. More than a few of them are especially concerned about Ohio, where Romney has struggled in the polls all year. But they point to Gallup’s national tracking poll, which shows the race tied, as evidence that things are fine, for the most part. They think the president is on the ropes since he’s not above 50 percent. “Voters are focused on different issues than the media,” a second adviser says.

***

Romney has high hurdles ahead of him. But his cause is not lost. Here are five ways he can still win. Some combination of the following events and contingencies will have to intrude upon the race for him to do so, but a Romney/Ryan administration remains within the realm of possibility. Keep in mind: There will be natural tightening (as opposed to the political Botox kind) between now and election day.

1. Romney has a stellar first debate, which galvanizes his campaign and allows late-breaking independents to finally see the man that Ann Romney so loves dearly. Likelihood: 60 percent. Every Romney route to victory has to include a great first debate, because the first debates tend to matter the most, and because Romney will have a relatively unfiltered opportunity to try to make his case, probably his last. Debate 1 is about domestic policy, and the economy is lackluster. If ever there was a time to step up and force Barack Obama to explain to the American people just what he would do to create jobs — if ever there was an opportunity to refocus the campaign back onto the jobs issue — it’s on October 3 at the University of Denver. No doubt Romney will be prepared. Jim Lehrer, the moderator, is not going to throw anything Romney’s way that he hasn’t already anticipated.

***

Through 2004 every incumbent who was above 50 percent at this point won, and every incumbent who was under 50 percent at this point lost. As of today, Obama is under 50 percent.

Additionally, most incumbents end up winning by a smaller margin (or losing by a larger one) than they are sporting in the Gallup poll at this point. The exceptions are Dwight Eisenhower in 1956, Gerald Ford in 1976 (who closed his rather large gap with Carter down to virtually nothing by Election Day), and George H.W. Bush in 1992 (whose position at this point was skewed by the temporary exit of Perot from the campaign). On average, the margin moves by 3.7 percent in favor of the challenger between the mid-September Gallup registered voter poll and the Election Day results…

The bottom line: Historically speaking, this president is in weaker shape than any postwar incumbent who went on to victory, with the possible exception of Harry Truman; he is enjoying a convention bounce later in the cycle than any incumbent in the postwar era; and if he manages to win, it will probably be via a true squeaker, with plenty of twists and turns to come.

***

Almost all of the published polls show Obama getting less than 50% of the vote and less than 50% job approval. A majority of the voters either support Romney or are undecided in almost every poll.

But the fact is that the undecided vote always goes against the incumbent. In 1980 (the last time an incumbent Democrat was beaten), for example, the Gallup Poll of October 27th had Carter ahead by 45-39. Their survey on November 2nd showed Reagan catching up and leading by three points. In the actual voting, the Republican won by nine. The undecided vote broke sharply — and unanimously — for the challenger.

An undecided voter has really decided not to back the incumbent. He just won’t focus on the race until later in the game.

So, when the published poll shows Obama ahead by, say, 48-45, he’s really probably losing by 52-48!

***

“The swing state poll shows the president in desperate shape in territory he carried with ease in 2008,” Rove said told Fox News’ Neil Cavuto Wednesday evening, referring to a recent USA Today/Gallup poll showing Obama up by 48 percent to 46 percent over Romney…

“So Mitt Romney is already running ahead of the pace of John McCain. And President Obama is running . . . over six points behind where he did in these states in 2008,” Rove told Cavuto.

“It’s amazing to me,” Rove said, adding that he would be worried “if I were in the White House and looking at this.”

***

I reached out to Republican pollster John McLaughlin for yesterday’s piece on how undecided voters are likely to break, and he made some separate comments about polls, their impact on motivation for each side, and how the campaigns want to use skewed poll numbers to depress the opposition…

What Obama and his allies are doing now: “The Democrats want to convince [these anti-Obama voters] falsely that Romney will lose to discourage them from voting. So they lobby the pollsters to weight their surveys to emulate the 2008 Democrat-heavy models. They are lobbying them now to affect early voting. IVR [Interactive Voice Response] polls are heavily weighted. You can weight to whatever result you want. Some polls have included sizable segments of voters who say they are ‘not enthusiastic’ to vote or non-voters to dilute Republicans. Major pollsters have samples with Republican affiliation in the 20 to 30 percent range, at such low levels not seen since the 1960s in states like Virginia, Florida, North Carolina and which then place Obama ahead. The intended effect is to suppress Republican turnout through media polling bias. We’ll see a lot more of this. Then there’s the debate between calling off a random-digit dial of phone exchanges vs. a known sample of actual registered voters. Most polls favoring Obama are random and not off the actual voter list. That’s too expensive” for some pollsters.

***

“With so much at stake in this election, both Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan should ‘go rogue’ and not hold back from telling the American people the true state of our economy and national security,” says Palin. “They need to continue to find ways to break through the filter of the liberal media to communicate their message of reform.”

Palin also suggests that Romney and Ryan can be responsible for an epiphany on this country’s fiscal standing. “America desperately needs to have a ‘come to Jesus’ moment in discussing our big dysfunctional, disconnected, and debt-ridden federal government,” says Palin…

“At the founding of our country, a great American patriot wrote, ‘If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace,’” says Palin. “Obama’s motto seems to be, ‘Let the good times roll in my day. The kids can deal with the catastrophic bankruptcy in theirs.’ That’s no way for the leader of a great nation to behave, and I hope Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney continue to call him out on it. Generations of American children are counting on them.”

***

***

Via Mediaite.

***

Via the Daily Caller.

***

Via the Daily Rushbo.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 8

As long as you accepot the blame for the 4,500 U.S. deaths in that pointless Iraq War your ilk rushed into.

urban elitist on September 22, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I’m not going to ‘accept’ that blame, because on 9/12/01, were I president, fifty military targets chosen at random by computer would have been vaporized by American nuclear weapons.

I also would have wiped away Medina, while holding Mecca hostage in perpetuity.

All you support, UE, is a failure.

That says a lot about you.

Liam on September 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM

I suppose that you think that people have a “right” to healthcare, food and housing in the United States, eh?

Sorry, but the Supreme Court caselaw should have long ago disabused you of such notions.

“Rights” You Do Not Have

M2RB: Chris Brown

Resist We Much on September 22, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I suppose you’re leaping to conclusions. WHat I think is that it’s bad politics and indicative of an individual who is almost criminally insulated from real life to dismiss half of America — millions of people from an incredible variety of circumstances — together as leeches and then write them off.

I would bet…

That all your life you have gotten a paycheck directly or indirectly from the one percenters…

Electrongod on September 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Which is why I have a certain affection for them.

If you had the choice to end Islamic violence across the world so we all live in peace, or end American Conservatism, which would you pick?

Liam on September 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM

You’re a moron. I’d end Islamic violence if for no other reason that to deprive the Right of their favorite boogie man — the one you use to justify civil liberties restrictions and billions more for your friends in the military industrial complex. Of course, you’d find another “existential threat,” I suppose. China, probably.

urban elitist on September 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Bmore on September 22, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Imposter and Incompetent seem to fit!

Mimzey on September 22, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Thank you Mimzey. ; ) Its like pulling teeth around here for just a little bit of input. Lol! Guess the troll is more fun! ; )

Bmore on September 22, 2012 at 9:58 PM

urban elitist on September 22, 2012 at 9:47 PM

News flash. Bush is not running for President, just in case you forgot.

JPeterman on September 22, 2012 at 9:58 PM

“step outside my friend”

Now that’s funny. Care to expand?

wolly4321 on September 22, 2012 at 9:59 PM

urban elitist on September 22, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Unlike many, many Democrats, who claimed that Saddam Hussein had WMD and needed to be disarmed both BEFORE and while Bush as in office, I’ve always opposed the Iraq War. If they want to kill each other, let them.

Shall we recall some of what big Progs like Teddy Kennedy, Hillary Clinton, Patrick Leahy, John Kerry, Bill Clinton, Al Gore, Madeline Albright, Henry Waxman, Nancy Pelosi, etc., had to say about Saddam’s WMD, disarming him, and giving Bush authority to disarm him or would you rather just open this link in the privacy of your own home and avoid the public humiliation?

Hypocrisy Alert! Clinton, Kerry, Gore & Other Democrats Call for War Against Saddam’s Iraq

Resist We Much on September 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Dang blast it . . . my wife’s watching a DVD, so I can’t watch the game . . . : (

listens2glenn on September 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM

We would have one more if it weren’t for a stupid holding penalty.

gophergirl on September 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM

OT – TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!

Return to troll bashing.

gophergirl on September 22, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Are you still watching football?!
And you’re looking for a manly man?
I find that terribly hard to believe.

OTTO on September 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Which is why I have a certain affection for them.

urban elitist on September 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Apparently not enough….

Are you planning to move overseas soon?

Electrongod on September 22, 2012 at 10:01 PM

So Abraham Lincoln was the first real black gay president?

OTTO on September 22, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Actually, according to some historians, you might be closer to the mark than you think.

Dark Star on September 22, 2012 at 10:01 PM

urban elitist
on September 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM

I’d really LIKE to SEE that.

listens2glenn on September 22, 2012 at 10:02 PM

urban elitist on September 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Really Liam did?

I am glad Obama and his Congress reversed all of those infringements on our rights and got us out of Afghanistan pronto.

Yeh Obama sounds perfect. I can see why you like him.

CW on September 22, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Are you still watching football?!
And you’re looking for a manly man?
I find that terribly hard to believe.

OTTO on September 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Yep – my Gophers are on
Yep still looking :(

Aren’t you sweet :)

gophergirl on September 22, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Dark Star on September 22, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I hear Obama frequents the Lincoln’s bedroom…

Electrongod on September 22, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Oh and be careful with anything that can be construed as a threat. That often gets people banned.

CW on September 22, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Thanks for the reminder. I hope that the phrase I chose was sufficiently archaic — not to mention physically difficult to excetue on-line — that it was interpreted as an expression anger but not an actual threat. It was not.

I’m sure I’ll get banned eventually anyway — though I’m feeling more zen lately and haven;t called anyone a racist in weeks — and you’ll have to find another pinata.

urban elitist on September 22, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Not sure why Rummy is standing on the fence with voters…yeah…right.

Limerick on September 22, 2012 at 10:03 PM

“step outside my friend”

Now that’s funny. Care to expand?

wolly4321 on September 22, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Yeh there was a day when that was enough to get someone banned.

CW on September 22, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Of course, you’d find another “existential threat,” I suppose. China, probably.

urban elitist on September 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM

China is doing a fine job of that all by itself.

OTTO on September 22, 2012 at 10:03 PM

DAMMIT!

gophergirl on September 22, 2012 at 10:04 PM

pinata.

urban elitist on September 22, 2012 at 10:03 PM

More racism.

CW on September 22, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Yeh there was a day when that was enough to get someone banned.

CW on September 22, 2012 at 10:03 PM

LOL…

Now it take 3-4 pages of profanity and a few hits at Allah’s cat…

Electrongod on September 22, 2012 at 10:04 PM

I hear Obama frequents the Lincoln’s bedroom…

Electrongod on September 22, 2012 at 10:02 PM

when the Mooch is out of town ?
;)

burrata on September 22, 2012 at 10:04 PM

9/11 was a boogie man?

wolly4321 on September 22, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Do you think the press and the naysayers are convinced that Gov. Romney is doing poorly because he hasn’t engendered a cult like following? I know people hate to have the “un-American” insult thrown around but the adulation of Barack Obama has been completely un-American. To idolize any person and especially some two bit half baked politician is just so weird.

Cindy Munford on September 22, 2012 at 10:04 PM

r keller on September 22, 2012 at 9:55 PM

when i think that in a few short weeks, we’ll see jay carney on abc “objectively” reporting on the romney administration, the realization dawns, that conservatives have lost that battle.

time to find a different turf to fight on.

renalin on September 22, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Dark Star on September 22, 2012 at 10:01 PM

On both counts?

OTTO on September 22, 2012 at 10:05 PM

urban elitist on September 22, 2012 at 10:03 PM

We’ll throw a party in your honor.

JPeterman on September 22, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Dark Star on September 22, 2012 at 10:01 PM

SOME is the operative word, of course. Black heritage ?. I dunno.
Gay? Well…
I just won’t go there, after OTHER stuff I’ve read about him.
Nope.

pambi on September 22, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Bmore,

I like FIASCO!

That about sums it all up in one word.

Can’t make up my mind about the other so will have to get back to you on that one.

Jvette on September 22, 2012 at 10:06 PM

And what does that mean? If you’re saying I’m indifferent, or that I don;t mind a few dead ambassadors if it gets Obama re-elected, we will have to step outside, my friend.

If you’re suggesting that, after 50-odd years of watching the news, four more deaths doesn’t crush me, well, it doesn’t.

I thank God every day I am not a liberal…

ccrosby on September 22, 2012 at 10:07 PM

No, you assume that all of the 47% disagree with him. I went Galt when Obama took office. I went on a labour and capital strike. Uncle Sam Obama has had – and will have to in any second term – fund his utopia without me.

I have never taken anything from the government. I am too young to ever think that SS/Medicare will be there for me when I am a pensioner so you can have it. I don’t want anything from the government.

Thus, I’m, technically, a 47%’er, by choice, but I’m not voting for Obama….ever….or any other “Progressive.” I watched what you idiots did to Britain.

If you want a “My Progressive Little Ponyland” and you want me to pay for it, then you are going to have to amend the 13th and 16th amendments. Until then, talk to my perfectly manicured hand.

Resist We Much on September 22, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Got to get a kick out of trolls who complain of racism then go around using wild generalizations….too much.

CW on September 22, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Bottom line for the O-bots here tonight: Preezy is tied with Romney. Tied. Tied. TIED. Republicans are NEVER oversampled in polls. Democrats are ALWAYS oversampled in polls. So a tie always means a Republican win. Always. Always. ALWAYS.

Rational Thought on September 22, 2012 at 10:07 PM

urban elitist on September 22, 2012 at 10:03 PM

You are very close to the door. Go ahead and walk through it. You know you want to. I want you to. Go ahead. You can do it.

Bmore on September 22, 2012 at 10:08 PM

urban elitist on September 22, 2012 at 10:03 PM

You call people racists and get to be the victim? Poor baby.

Cindy Munford on September 22, 2012 at 10:08 PM

I like FIASCO!

That about sums it all up in one word.

Jvette on September 22, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Thank you Jvette, I like that one too. ; ) Take your time. I really appreciate it.

Bmore on September 22, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Why do people who analyze the polls assume the truth of what the pollsters say about the demographics of their samples?

GaltBlvnAtty on September 22, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Rational keep that thought coming….this from the flat Texas Eeyore county.

Limerick on September 22, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Poor baby.

Cindy Munford on September 22, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Poor Baby would make a nice sticker for the truck on my trip. Mind if I add that to the second round?

Bmore on September 22, 2012 at 10:10 PM

urban elitist on September 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM

That’s exactly the answer I expected from you.

You obviously don’t want to end Islamic violence because it kills people–mothers, fathers, children, et.al.

You would end those horrors only to defeat the political Right.

Politics above life for you, eh?

Glad to know with whom I’m dealing, in you.

Liam on September 22, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Urban’s faux outrage about Romney’s 47 % comment eclipses his “no” outrage over Obama’s failure in Libya. Telling.

Yeh he can live with blood.

CW on September 22, 2012 at 10:10 PM

gophergirl on September 22, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Cindy Munford on September 22, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Hmm, no cult following is something I hadn’t thought about as a reason, but the celebrity culture we are living in has definitely contributed to the “rise” of Obama — all style, no substance.

But mostly I think the MSM is spinning so hard for Obama — blatantly ignoring real news like the MURDER of our ambassador & 3 others by refusing to ask REAL questions about it* to focus on Romney’s GAAAFFEEES!! — because they’ve already made such fools of themselves carrying water for for the past 4 years that they *must* get him re-elected just to validate themselves.

Dark Star on September 22, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Bmore on September 22, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I don’t think I have any claim to the words.

Cindy Munford on September 22, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Who you got in the bisping/stann and jones/phenom fights?

tom daschle concerned on September 22, 2012 at 10:13 PM

DAMMIT!

gophergirl on September 22, 2012 at 10:04 PM

gophergirl on September 22, 2012 at 10:11 PM

While these are both very nice they don’t have O’s in them for the logo.

Bmore on September 22, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Yeh he can live with blood.

CW on September 22, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Dark Star on September 22, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Dark Star on September 22, 2012 at 10:11 PM

They know if Romney wins they are done. They’ve sold their souls period.

gophergirl on September 22, 2012 at 10:14 PM

urban elitist on September 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM

You’re so special. It’s only been ongoing for 14 centuries.

Resist We Much on September 22, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I don’t think I have any claim to the words.

Cindy Munford on September 22, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Then I’m gonna be a good Democrat and steal them. ; )

Bmore on September 22, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Lincoln did sleep with grown men. There’s that.

faraway on September 22, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Last night’s QOTD was such a nice time.

I had to leave early, but I got up this morning and enjoyed going through all the pages of comments, links to great American music and the familiar banter among friends.

Tonight, hmmmm, not so much. Wonder why? What’s different tonight from last night? /s

Jvette on September 22, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Bmore on September 22, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Don’t forget to put the Obama logo in the two “o”s.

Resist We Much on September 22, 2012 at 10:15 PM

While these are both very nice they don’t have O’s in them for the logo.

Bmore on September 22, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Sorry – football can be as nerve wracking as politics sometimes.

gophergirl on September 22, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Dang gg, you just reminded me of the obvious one I left off the list. 0 Is Done!!!

Bmore on September 22, 2012 at 10:15 PM

DAMMIT!

gophergirl on September 22, 2012 at 10:04 PM

gophergirl on September 22, 2012 at 10:11 PM

While these are both very nice they don’t have O’s in them for the logo.

Bmore on September 22, 2012 at 10:14 PM

But they’re driving me NUTS, ’cause I can’t watch the GAME !

listens2glenn on September 22, 2012 at 10:16 PM

What was it Ann Romney said? Poor Mitt,everyone is giving him advaice.

I think he is doing better than a lot of the talking heads say he is.

Terrye on September 22, 2012 at 10:16 PM

When I have seen some trolls making comments that would suggest Afghanistan was simply another Bush war I have been heartened that Urban was there to jump in and clarify that Obama not only supported our work there but increased our presence.

Thanks Urban!

eeerr wait a second….

CW on September 22, 2012 at 10:16 PM

While these are both very nice they don’t have O’s in them for the logo.

Bmore on September 22, 2012 at 10:14 PM

You could put the logo in the “P’ and “d” of “Empty Head”

gophergirl on September 22, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Dark Star on September 22, 2012 at 10:11 PM

This was in the headlines and I found it to be very very creepy. This is what they do in third world dictatorships, not the United States.

Cindy Munford on September 22, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Don’t forget to put the Obama logo in the two “o”s.

Resist We Much on September 22, 2012 at 10:15 PM

I never do. I am going to re-post my list to select from when things settle down here with that half wit troll. Please pick two. Thanks.

Bmore on September 22, 2012 at 10:17 PM

pambi on September 22, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Yes, SOME. And FTR, I don’t buy either. IMO, modern day “scholars” aren’t so interested in the truth as they are interested in pushing an agenda.

Dark Star on September 22, 2012 at 10:17 PM

You could put the logo in the “P’ and “d” of “Empty Head”

gophergirl on September 22, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Lol! Not Bad. But I’m really trying to stick with the O’s gg.

Bmore on September 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM

But they’re driving me NUTS, ’cause I can’t watch the GAME !

listens2glenn on September 22, 2012 at 10:16 PM

We had a roughing the passer call and then two pass interference penalties. They had 1st and goal at the 1. We drove them back to the 5 and then intercepted the pass.

Crap – they now have the ball on our 40 with 3 minutes to go in the 3rd. We are up 14 to 3.

gophergirl on September 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Also eclipses his “no” outrage over the fact that Obama’s policies have made the mega-rich richer & everyone else poorer. Cheap money, no jobs & the ME in turmoil is all Obama is offering, but hey, his pants crease is perfect!

Dark Star on September 22, 2012 at 10:14 PM

It is like Urban hums when hears many people on the left complaining that profits are up but companies are not hiring. Only the simplest don’t get it.

CW on September 22, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Cindy Munford on September 22, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Dang Cindy you’re good.

Bmore on September 22, 2012 at 10:19 PM

So has the Obama camp started to pre-empt bad polls?

That seems to be what Drudge is hinting.

PappyD61 on September 22, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Lol! Not Bad. But I’m really trying to stick with the O’s gg.

Bmore on September 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Let me think some more.

gophergirl on September 22, 2012 at 10:19 PM

But they’re driving me NUTS, ’cause I can’t watch the GAME !

listens2glenn on September 22, 2012 at 10:16 PM

gophergirl on September 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Thanks.

Typed like a true sportscaster. : )

listens2glenn on September 22, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Cindy Munford on September 22, 2012 at 10:17 PM

The one with the bar code makes me think of the mark of the beast.

gophergirl on September 22, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Sorry – football can be as nerve wracking as politics sometimes.
gophergirl on September 22, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Got that right !!
ULM Granny, here, and last night about killed us !!
Sigh … Baylor 47, ULM 42 …. GEEZE !!!
KILLER !!!
;-)

pambi on September 22, 2012 at 10:21 PM

This is what they do in third world dictatorships, not the United States.

Cindy Munford on September 22, 2012 at 10:17 PM

That picture of King Obama painted on the office wall is creepy to the max.

JPeterman on September 22, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Resist We Much on September 22, 2012 at 10:07 PM

People understood what Romney was saying and many of them agree…the truth is the outrage on the part of the Obamabots is hypocritical anyway. They do not care about people who live on food stamps or live in poverty…they do not care if someone’s medicare gets cut or if social security goes broke…most of them only care about the use they can make of the poor politically. If Obama could put half the country on food stamps, he would.

Terrye on September 22, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Dark Star on September 22, 2012 at 10:11 PM

That the Univision interview of Teh One was a news story because of the “tough” questions and not his moronic answers is one of the most pathetic ironies of this campaign season.

They were admitting their own perfidy but too stupid to know it.

Jvette on September 22, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Oops, QUOTE fail.

pambi on September 22, 2012 at 10:22 PM

urban elitist on September 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM

urban…you seem to be at the end of your talking points. Leftists always wind up talking about war and peace (think Democracy Now!)

but here’s the deal…contrary to the voices in your head, conservatives on’t want war. There is no Pro-War party.

civil liberties? read the interview between john cussack and jonathan turley on TruthOut

civil liberties? please. the guy who did the vid is in hiding…how free is he? Zimmerman is probably still in hiding…how free is he?

and a leftist troll lectures us on civil liberties???? No thanks

obama throws free speech overboard when talking to Muslims. We condem this or that…and we stand for respect for All religions

well ask the US catholic bishops about that

sorry, urban…you are at the end of your spiel….you have nothing, time to call it a day

r keller on September 22, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Resist We Much on September 22, 2012 at 10:07 PM

I prefer “My Progressive Little Ponzi Scheme”

OTTO on September 22, 2012 at 10:22 PM

I’d end Islamic violence if for no other reason that to deprive the Right of their favorite boogie man. urban elitist on September 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM

If you have the secret, shouldn’t you pass it on to you idol. At least he could then claim to have gotten one thing right.

Cindy Munford on September 22, 2012 at 10:23 PM

All right, here is the list I’m working off of one more time. Plus the additions.

Okay, I need some advice from all of you. I am embarking on a road trip. A fairly lengthy one. Many eyes will see my truck as I pass by. I already have my Romney stickers on having just returned from a meeting this afternoon. We all got a bunch of Romney Ryan swag to give out. I always have a big blue 8.5 x 11 printed out sticker on my truck that is very anti-o . The O is always the 0 logo. Help me pick two to sport on the truck for my trip. Pick two from the following,

Buyers Remorse
Apologists!
Boondoggle
Get Fired Up! Fire 0 Now! (would appear stacked one above the other, formatting and such. )
Collapse!
Soak the Rich
Socialist
Toxic
Trillions
Poor Baby
Dictatorship

Remember the Type is white the field behind it is bright blue and the O’s are his logo. I appreciate your help on this. Just two please.

Bmore on September 22, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Thanks.

Typed like a true sportscaster. : )

listens2glenn on September 22, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I love my sports :)

They just fumbled and we recovered – on our 45 and driving. 30 seconds left in the 3rd.

gophergirl on September 22, 2012 at 10:23 PM

urban elitist on September 22, 2012 at 9:47 PM

A couple of things..Romney had nothing to do with that…but Bill Clinton and the Democrats in Congress did…after all, it was Bill that made the removal from power of Saddam Hussein our national policy, that was back when the Democratic party thought he was a mass murdering dictator with wmd…not some innocent little lamb…that would come later.

Terrye on September 22, 2012 at 10:23 PM

This is what they do in third world dictatorships, not the United States.

Cindy Munford on September 22, 2012 at 10:17 PM

That picture of King Obama painted on the office wall is creepy to the max.

JPeterman on September 22, 2012 at 10:21 PM

But at least it’s not narcissism.

listens2glenn on September 22, 2012 at 10:24 PM

urban elitist on September 22, 2012 at 9:47 PM

News flash. Bush is not running for President, just in case you forgot.
JPeterman on September 22, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Another Pot-Kettle News Flash:
70% of U.S. Military Fatalities in 11-Year Afghan War Have Occurred on Obama’s Watch

whatcat on September 22, 2012 at 10:24 PM

listens2glenn on September 22, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Can you at least stream the audio on the computer. Sometimes I do that with the Redskins, watch on TV put listen to Sonny J and Sam Huff.

Cindy Munford on September 22, 2012 at 10:25 PM

From PJ Media, look at this graph of the Gallup poll from “Romney’s terrible month.” Ha! Notice where the lines go after his 47% “gaffe.” Ha again! And Gallup polls registered voters. Imagine where the poll would be with likely voters. Well, you don’t have to imagine. It would be bad — which is why the preezy campaign is telling folks not to “pay attention” to the national polls in the next few days.

Rational Thought on September 22, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Typed like a true sportscaster. : )

listens2glenn on September 22, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I love my sports : )

gophergirl on September 22, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I can tell. : )

listens2glenn on September 22, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Then why doesn’t barky end islamic violence and deprive us of our boogie man?

UE? Please splain’…..

Somehow a sodomized and murdered state dept official doesn’t fit that model.

The oceans aren’t lowering either.

wolly4321 on September 22, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Cindy Munford on September 22, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I’m with you 100% — completely creepy and, to me, it’s been creepy since 2008 — people fainting, that ridiculous rhetoric, the Messianic imagery, etc. It’s all very cult-like.

Sadly, there are a lot of people who don’t have any real meaning in their lives, and Obama fills a void in them. It’s also why any criticism of Obama causes his supporters to go crazy with the personal attacks (i.e., everything and anything you say bad about Obama makes you a racist, etc). These poor souls literally have nothing else to fill their empty lives — their entire self-worth is wrapped around Obama being “The Greatest POTUS EVAH!!!!!

Dark Star on September 22, 2012 at 10:26 PM

We would have one more if it weren’t for a stupid holding penalty.
gophergirl on September 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Ah, well, we still got Vikes v. SF tomorrow.

whatcat on September 22, 2012 at 10:27 PM

whatcat on September 22, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Largely the result of Obama imposed ROE’s…so as not to offend the Muzzies.

Kinda hard to conduct offensive operations when you are proscribed from being offensive.

coldwarrior on September 22, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Another Pot-Kettle News Flash:

whatcat on September 22, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Thank you, I was looking for that in between trips to the cooler for beer.

But then again what do you expect when we tell our enemies our exit strategy or whatever it’s called.

JPeterman on September 22, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Bmore on September 22, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I kinda like any combo of O-cult and Corrupt.
Hmmm

pambi on September 22, 2012 at 10:27 PM

So has the Obama camp started to pre-empt bad polls?

That seems to be what Drudge is hinting.

PappyD61 on September 22, 2012 at 10:19 PM

That is interesting.

Terrye on September 22, 2012 at 10:28 PM

listens2glenn on September 22, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Cindy Munford
on September 22, 2012 at 10:25 PM

If my computer wasn’t in the same room with the TV, no problem.

listens2glenn on September 22, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Bmore

How about something like “Correct the Error”

gophergirl on September 22, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Another Pot-Kettle News Flash:

whatcat on September 22, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Urban’s crickets but no Urban.

CW on September 22, 2012 at 10:29 PM

GaltBlvnAtty on September 22, 2012 at 10:09 PM

This! Why would anyone believe that they only have a sample of 36% democrats when they are liars to star with.

Vince on September 22, 2012 at 10:29 PM

We have some of the most wimpy pundits. Talk about needing to pull up their big boy/big girl pants and learn how to fight.

If Romney listed to all of them – his campaign *would* be in disarray.

As for the debate all Romney needs to do is look at Obama and say “Was it or was it not a terrorist attack”

gophergirl on September 22, 2012 at 8:39 PM

the press and pundits are never gonna be Mitts friends …
the debate is gonna be vital ….
Please G_D … wake America up ….

conservative tarheel on September 22, 2012 at 10:30 PM

gophergirl on September 22, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Finally found that manly, man?

Vince on September 22, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I can tell. : )

listens2glenn on September 22, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I used to win a lot of bets with guys in school because I don’t look the part of a sports freak.

gophergirl on September 22, 2012 at 10:32 PM