Romney ads: Okay, if you want to talk about killing jobs, let’s talk about the war on coal

posted at 1:21 pm on September 21, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

I missed these ads released earlier in the week, but with Ohio and Virginia in play as clutch swing states, ads like these could have some real power in hitting home with those states’ residents. In Ohio especially, people are watching real, productive jobs go by the wayside in real time, thanks to the regulatory noblesse oblige of the Obama administration in directing us lesser coal-consumers towards more acceptable, “sustainable” energy forms.

Funny how one of the biggest populist features of the Obama campaign has been showcasing Mitt Romney as a dreaded, greedy ‘factory closer,’ when Mitt Romney’s entire career was spent mastering the creative destruction process that necessitates shutting down enterprises that are costly and uncompetitive, while investing in the ones that could lead to more wealth, lower prices, and more jobs for the economy at large. That is an entirely different endeavor from President Obama’s factory closures, which use regulation and fiat to box out industries that they just don’t like, because they feel like it — ‘necessarily skyrocketing’ energy prices for be damned.

President Obama’s war on coal is real. Don’t believe us? Come to Brilliant, Ohio or Clay, West Virginia and we’ll show you coal mines that were closed as a result of President Obama’s assault on hardworking Americans who work in the coal industry. Coal is a cheap, abundant, and reliable source of power. Almost 90% of Ohio’s power comes from coal and just across the Ohio River in West Virginia, over 95% of its power comes from coal. Needless to say, coal plays a vital role in not only powering the Buckeye and Mountain states, but coal generates nearly half of America’s electricity. So why would President Obama want to destroy such a vital part of America’s economy? …

Since taking office, President Obama and his extreme EPA have issued new rules and regulations that are crippling the coal industry. In the weeks following President Obama’s inauguration, his administration was already in the process of rewriting the Stream Buffer Zone Rule – a rule that took 5 years to codify under the previous administration. President Obama’s rewrite of this one rule would cost tens of thousands of direct and indirect coal jobs.

Comments

Are they actually on the air? People don’t seem to be seeing them, if they are.

changer1701 on September 21, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Obama is strangling energy production and jobs with his regulatory adventurism.

Only one viable solution.

Fire him November 6th.

thatsafactjack on September 21, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Good start, but they need to insert that clip of 0bama threatening coal, and tie the closedown of coal power plants to higher electricity bills for everyone.

Rebar on September 21, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Obama: Energy prices will necessarily skyrocket.

Personally, I blame the Fifth Column Treasonous Media more than Obama. Obama did warn us what he was going to do. But the Fifth Column Treasonous Media lied distorted and deceived anyone foolish enough to listen to them.

SWalker on September 21, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Are they actually on the air? People don’t seem to be seeing them, if they are.

changer1701 on September 21, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I guess you have to live in a swing state to see any ads from Romney. I live in Kansas and don’t see so much as a yard sign or advertisement. Although I did see one bumper sticker a couple weeks ago.

Keyser-Soze on September 21, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Holy crap. I must be dreaming.

jazzmo on September 21, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Holy crap. I must be dreaming.

jazzmo on September 21, 2012 at 1:29 PM

ROTFLMAO… Yup… Looks like Romney pulled out the brass knuckles after all.

SWalker on September 21, 2012 at 1:30 PM

We’ll se just how stupid or smart the US has become in November…

PatriotRider on September 21, 2012 at 1:30 PM

How can an Ohioan, urban scum sucking leeches excluding, possibly contemplate a vote for Obama? Coal industry is one of the major employers, and it will die a swift, gruesome death if EPA is not reined in or, better, disbanded for good.

Archivarix on September 21, 2012 at 1:31 PM

…keep attacking 24/7…skrew the fund raising…the money will come.

KOOLAID2 on September 21, 2012 at 1:31 PM

SWalker on September 21, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Of course they lied. The LSM thinks they are the smart ones. they feel that they only need to tell us what accomplishes their agenda. This may sound shocking, but I find the new on aljazerra sometimes less partison than what we have here is the States.

ConservativePartyNow on September 21, 2012 at 1:32 PM

pointing at the coal plant behind him, Obama said: I will not keep jobs or hold jobs that kill people, and that plant kills people!

Did I say Obama? I meant Romney.

Our Oceans need to be protected, said Obama, and I will keep them out of energy production.

Damnit, I keep mixing the two up on this subject, again, that would have been Romney…

We need to protect ourselves from global warming, and this cap and trade program will do just that.

Romney or Obama? LOL seriously, of course it was Romney…

Not being able to get the cap and trade to work, he moved onto the more socialist Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative.

But hey, Romney will not wage a war against coal, because, um, ah because, well, um, HEY LOOK we hate Obama!

astonerii on September 21, 2012 at 1:33 PM

It also shows the mendacity of Obama pimp Warren Buffett who could make billions hauling coal with Union Pacific.

viking01 on September 21, 2012 at 1:34 PM

if you don’t live in a swing state you don’t see these micro-targeted ads.

gerrym51 on September 21, 2012 at 1:34 PM

IIRC, wasn’t there some articles that the coal unions were not voting for bho in these states? This just might be the tip to give R&R the states with ads like this?
L

letget on September 21, 2012 at 1:34 PM

SWalker on September 21, 2012 at 1:27 PM

ConservativePartyNow on September 21, 2012 at 1:32 PM

I wish I could say, yes that is shocking, but honestly I can’t, hell even Pravda has become more objective and honest than the Fifth Column Treasonous Media. Who ever though that even thinking that would ever happen?

SWalker on September 21, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Every lefty liberal that sees that add will say out loud:“Too bad So Sad”

They only care about jobs that meet their liberal requirements.

In addition, they loath the folks who work and live there in “redneck” fly-over country. If Obama became dictator, they would have no problems with having them exterminated.

The lefties I know all think folks in the rust belt are somehow deficient in development and like Margaret Sanger, think the world would be better if they simply were to be gone.

Opposite Day on September 21, 2012 at 1:35 PM

I live in Maine and I see nodda for ad’s from romney. I know that maine has become a suburb of massachusettes and hence a progressive bastion but heck, we did a heck of a job clearing out the state ranks in 2010. Give us a chance Mitt. People love LePage here though most feel it’s not pc to admit it.

screwauger on September 21, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Not only will Obama close down coal plants and make electricity prices SKYROCKET, he will unilaterally disarm our nuclear deterrent. He said he would and I believe him. Same thing about taking away our guns. I believe him. What Obama said before he was a US senator is the real Obama. Those things he said then he has carried out on.

jukin3 on September 21, 2012 at 1:36 PM

astonerii on September 21, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Lay off that line of attack, buddy. If Romney will somehow become the President, which I’m lately not exactly optimistic about, he will use whatever works best: coal, gas, nuclear, unicorn farts if needs be. He’s got businessman’s mentality, not ideologue’s like your coke-laced butt-boy Obama.

Archivarix on September 21, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Keyser-Soze on September 21, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Down here in Cruz country, you don’t see ads either. I’m starting to see more Romney bumperstickers, but I see more anti-Obama stickers than any other. I’m tempted to keep a big Sharpee in my purse so I can mark out Obama’s name on the few pro-Obama stickers I see in parking lots, but he’s not worth getting arrested for malicious mischief.

TxAnn56 on September 21, 2012 at 1:38 PM

SWalker on September 21, 2012 at 1:27 PM

ConservativePartyNow on September 21, 2012 at 1:32 PM

SWalker on September 21, 2012 at 1:34 PM

the imperfect but large accurate and effective established news media

urban elitist on September 21, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Del Dolemonte on September 21, 2012 at 1:40 PM

SWalker on September 21, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Abso-frickin’-lutely. The media in general, has become a fifth column. They are traitors. They have shat upon their Constitutional Mandate to watchdog the government as part of their 1st Amendment rights. They have flushed it for “party membership” perks. They all stink and should be held accountable when the time comes (that would be sometime after November 6, 2012).

HomeoftheBrave on September 21, 2012 at 1:40 PM

TxAnn56 on September 21, 2012 at 1:38 PM

other day I saw a bumper sticker that had a pic of teh One and the words, “Does this ass make my truck look big” (:

screwauger on September 21, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Holy crap. I must be dreaming.

jazzmo on September 21, 2012 at 1:29 PM

ROTFLMAO… Yup… Looks like Romney pulled out the brass knuckles after all.

SWalker on September 21, 2012 at 1:30 PM

He’s ramping it up. You don’t want to peak too early. I’m telling you guys, the dems are not going to know what hit them this November.

rollthedice on September 21, 2012 at 1:41 PM

How bad do they hate Obama in WV? – Prison Inmate Wins More than 40% of Democratic Vote Over President Obama in WV Primary

brut4ce on September 21, 2012 at 1:42 PM

obamao, obumble, odumbo, whatever you call him, is the anti-Christ.

ultracon on September 21, 2012 at 1:42 PM

screwauger on September 21, 2012 at 1:41 PM

LOLOL! Literally. Great bumper sticker.

totherightofthem on September 21, 2012 at 1:42 PM

You want to make sure you get the definition of the term creative destruction right.

Maybe the manufacturing is costly, but maybe not.
Maybe it leads to lower prices, but maybe not, maybe a more attractive product.

For instance, the lap top and the pc came into the market and made the typewriter obsolete. Some typewriters for your home were pretty darn cheap compared to the entry price of about$1200 for a home computer/laptop at the time.

The CREATIVE part has got to do with innovative products. If you drive a car, you wont go buy a buggy whip.

A lot of people have incorrectly been calling the Destruction aspect of this term, as if it were the important part of the phrase, and use it interchangeably with shuttering a business and laying off people pulling in some kind of metaphor that the creative part is the mean and evil fun of creative destruction.

Fleuries on September 21, 2012 at 1:42 PM

HomeoftheBrave on September 21, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Ed doesn’t like it when I think out loud like this, but when I think about the Fifth Column Treasonous Media, I usually end up thinking also about, Stout Hemp Rope, Streetlamps, and some assembly required. IYKWIMAIKYD…

SWalker on September 21, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Opposite Day on September 21, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Rush asked yesterday, if the left could get rid of either Moslem extremism or American Conservatism, which would they choose?

Liam on September 21, 2012 at 1:43 PM

“Are they actually on the air? People don’t seem to be seeing them, if they are.”

changer1701 on September 21, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I have often wondered the same thing. I see Obama ads everywhere, but never seem to see a Romney ad

Txjewelya on September 21, 2012 at 1:43 PM

rollthedice on September 21, 2012 at 1:41 PM

From your keyboard to God’s ears…

SWalker on September 21, 2012 at 1:44 PM

screwauger on September 21, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Priceless. I’d love to put an anti-Obama bumpersticker on the car but I work in an area of town that has a number of ne’er do wells (aka moochers) and my tires aren’t cheap.

TxAnn56 on September 21, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I think that the most effective ads during this cycle will be citizen-generated.

I was pleased to see this go up on the side of a large metal machine-shop building down the road from my house:

A large red, white and blue banner, professionally done, reading:

“The government didn’t help us build this; we built this. Obama, you can kiss our asses!

I’m (shop owner) and I approved this message.”

cane_loader on September 21, 2012 at 1:45 PM

I’m (shop owner) and I approved this message.”

cane_loader on September 21, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Me likey… :)

SWalker on September 21, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Good, but how about Obama in his own voice saying utility bills will necessarily skyrocket and he’ll bankrupt new coal plants? Most people haven’t heard that stuff.

And a broader appeal on coal would be on the consumer end. Your bills are going up, and sooner or later, your lights are going out.

forest on September 21, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Archivarix on September 21, 2012 at 1:37 PM

NO, because you make prognostications on what he will do in the future based on absolutely 0 facts?
I ain’t your buddy.

We went through the whole freaking unvetted presidential candidate thing last election cycle. You might have remembered it?

You all refused to vet Romney in the primaries, and you now refuse to get the facts straight now. OBAMAFICATION of the REPUBLICAN party is all Romney is. Making us as bad as them.

Romney is a freaking progressive, if he is not held to the fire today, he sure as hell will not be after the election.

astonerii on September 21, 2012 at 1:47 PM

TxAnn56 on September 21, 2012 at 1:44 PM

ditto, figuring everyone feels like I do when I see prog/leftie/moonbat stickers/signs, I don’t want me targeting me!

screwauger on September 21, 2012 at 1:47 PM

TxAnn56 on September 21, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I got an email the other day that had a picture of a car with a bho bumper sticker on it. It also had a guy with a note in his hand. The note said===Hi Friend, I just wanted to let you know that some knucklehead vandalized you car by slapping an Obama sticker on it. The last think you want is to be driving around all day looking like an idiot. Take care, A Good Samaritan.

I thought this was great!
L

letget on September 21, 2012 at 1:47 PM

These are ok.

They need the clip of Barry stating “skyrocket”.

Only then will it drive the point home that this isn’t a bunch o’ white guys making shite up.

budfox on September 21, 2012 at 1:49 PM

TxAnn56 on September 21, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Simple solution. I did it during the McCain campaign, when I made my own “I AM JOE” bumper sign:

Size and print out your bumper sticker.

Take it to Office Depot – preferably Staples – and have it laminated.

Buy a $3 set of magnets as well – they probably have them; I know Wal-Mart does….

Cut magnets and stick 6 of them to the back of your bumper sticker.

Now proudly stick it on your car while driving so that your voice can be heard, and remove it while parked so that criminals trying to squelch your free speech can’t see it and damage your car.

cane_loader on September 21, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Good solid ads. Just an observation I had. Mitt is better when speaking in a normal tone of voice on these voice overs. The cadence and sound of his voice when he tries to hard is odd. See spot 1 for the contrast of his voice in one tidy ad.

Bmore on September 21, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Keyser-Soze on September 21, 2012 at 1:28 PM

TxAnn56 on September 21, 2012 at 1:38 PM

..I share[d] your feeling of helplessness. I live in California and it does not make sense for Romney to contest anything here. However, if you do not have money and don’t want to walk precincts (not come to that yet), then Romney has set up a way for you to help:

It’s free and you can get patched into voters in swing states and you can make the pitch. Sure, it’s cold-calling, but you will be surprised how receptive people are. (Read: pissed off at the current situation.)

Try it; it’s empowering and beats the skippy sitting home and worrying about asssshole troll post lies and propaganda.

The War Planner on September 21, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I see Obama ads everywhere, but never seem to see a Romney ad

Txjewelya on September 21, 2012 at 1:43 PM

In the DFW area, the only ads I see, are president puppy-mucher’s on heavy rotation on the syfi channel.

Rebar on September 21, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Where’s Obama saying “I will bankrupt the coal companies… Energy prices will necessarily skyrocket”

Or is that too racist for the GOPe?

kevinkristy on September 21, 2012 at 1:51 PM

OT:David Frum verifies just how conservative he is…

d1carter on September 21, 2012 at 1:51 PM

great yard sign here too

screwauger on September 21, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I see Obama ads everywhere, but never seem to see a Romney ad

Txjewelya on September 21, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Rebar on September 21, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Here in NH (a swing state) it is Obama on all day long. No Romney ads at all. All month long.

kevinkristy on September 21, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Me likey… :)

SWalker on September 21, 2012 at 1:46 PM

It’s pretty cool to see a business owner tell 0bama to kiss his ass, for all the world to see.

I don’t think anyone’s going to mess with it. He put it probably 10 feet up the wall of the shop – but right on the road so it’s very visible.

Plus, more than a few people around here believe in and exercise their 2nd-Amendment rights ;-)

cane_loader on September 21, 2012 at 1:52 PM

0:15 thru 0:19 This voice sounds a bit feigned to me. I have noticed it before with some of his other ads and speaking engagements.

Bmore on September 21, 2012 at 1:52 PM

What’s also cool is my supporting role:

My driveway is only a couple down from the shop…

A couple weeks ago I put my empty chair out at the street.

Combine that with drivers just having seen the shop banner, and I think the message is clear :D

cane_loader on September 21, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Reid will probably kill it & Obama has threatened to veto it

“On Friday, the House of Representatives voted 233 to 175 to stop the Obama administration’s so-called “war on coal,” passing a bill that would limit the EPA’s regulatory authority over greenhouse gases and limit the Interior Department’s ability to issue coal mining rules.

“The Obama administration’s ‘all of the above but nothing from below’ energy policy threatens our electricity independence,” wrote Republicans Rep. Fred Upton of Michigan and Sen. Jim Inhofe of Oklahoma in an op-ed Thursday.

The vote was largely split along party lines, with 19 Democrats voting with 214 Republicans. Meanwhile, 13 Republicans broke with their party and voted against the bill along with 162 Democrats.

The Stop the War on Coal Act of 2012 is a bundle of provisions which the House has already passed, including one prohibiting the EPA from regulating greenhouse gas emissions and another which is an alternative to EPA rules for coal ash disposal and management…”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/21/house-votes-to-stop-the-war-on-coal/#ixzz2780LTYfE

workingclass artist on September 21, 2012 at 1:55 PM

great yard sign here too

screwauger on September 21, 2012 at 1:51 PM

LOL, I’ve seen that one. It’s photoshopped, but funny.

If it were real, oh how you would hear the neighbor squeal!

cane_loader on September 21, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Perhaps it is more of a pitch and tenor thing. It makes me think excruciating. I supposed its a minor point, it just bugs me. Too excruciating by half maybe.

Bmore on September 21, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Well, BO said he was going to put the coal companies out of business. What I find interesting is that he absolutely doesn’t correlate this with a whole lot of people losing their jobs. Yet at the same time, he jumps on Mitt for Bain closing a non-productive steel plant. Does he not see the difference? I guess this really crystalizes how much he doesn’t understand business, and his rabid eco-zealousness will ruin our country.
Please let Nov work out!

RadioAngel on September 21, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Hussein ads here on TV and no Romney ads, at all. Clark County (NV).

riddick on September 21, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Still not seeing enough ads from Romney’s team here in Central Virginia. I have to change the channel or turn off the sound on my TV too often because of Obama’s ugly socialist mug. Ugh!

College Prof on September 21, 2012 at 2:11 PM

RadioAngel on September 21, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Obama is a democrat. He does not have to be consistant in anything at all.

Our side is republicans, and there was a time when our talk and our actions had to be one and the same. I miss those good old days.

astonerii on September 21, 2012 at 2:13 PM

rollthedice on September 21, 2012 at 1:41 PM

i’m starting to believe it. i have been waiting every day for the past 4 years for this a-hole to be knocked upside his head. i pray!

GhoulAid on September 21, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Whether we burn coal or not, CHINA does, last time I checked we share the same atmosphere

Retooling coal fired plants to natural gas, which is much cleaner burning, takes time and investment. Frakking produces cheap, clean, reliable supplies of natural gas. Forcing closure of these plants, rather than allowing investment and time to retool them for natural gas, and trying to regulate against frakking, is strangling energy production in this nation AND preventing the use of reliable, cleaner energy sources.

Thorium liquid salt reactors produce reliable, clean, energy and are meltdown proof. The produce 1/1000th of the waste of traditional nuclear plants. They cannot be efficiently weaponized. They were invented in this country in the mid 1960′s. Thorium is plentiful and easily extracted. Why aren’t we using them? They, and their waste, cannot be effectively weaponized.

Who IS building a Thorium liquid salt reactor? China.

This nation cannot hope to be competitive if we have no affordable, reliable, efficient, energy production to run factories and businesses. IF we pay more than the competition and are so over regulated that we cannot produce our products at a competitive rate, we lose…. we lose jobs, we lose standard of living, we lose the ability to support the safety net programs. Everyone loses.

thatsafactjack on September 21, 2012 at 2:19 PM

astonerii on September 21, 2012 at 1:33 PM

So, let’s see…it’s not fair to quote lil bambam on something that he said years ago, because……he’s “evolved“, don’tcha know.

But it’s OK to cite Romney from years ago, because…because….

Does it take a long time to put makeup on both of your faces?

Solaratov on September 21, 2012 at 2:22 PM

These are great ads, hitting a subject that should strike a nerve in Ohio and Virginia, and maybe Colorado. But with the “Donate button” at the end, are these only web ads? They should be on TV, ESPECIALLY in OH, PA, and VA.

Steve Z on September 21, 2012 at 2:26 PM

astonerii on September 21, 2012 at 1:47 PM

So by “holding his feet to the fire” you mean actively working to defeat him? Got it.

donkichi on September 21, 2012 at 2:33 PM

People wonder how they’re going to have a brighter future if they can’t see how they’re going to make it to the end of next month.

YES! FINALLY!!

Sue Doenim on September 21, 2012 at 2:34 PM

This link should have been added:

Then the question, “Don’t believe us?” is not needed.

skeedro on September 21, 2012 at 2:40 PM

But it’s OK to cite Romney from years ago, because…because….

Does it take a long time to put makeup on both of your faces?

Solaratov on September 21, 2012 at 2:22 PM

It is perfectly fair to quote anyone and everyone their positions from any time.

I am just saying, it has little effect to attack your opponent for doing something you yourself do or did or will likely do once in office.

I see your attack on jobs and raise you your own petard!

astonerii on September 21, 2012 at 2:45 PM

donkichi on September 21, 2012 at 2:33 PM

If making him state conservative policy he WILL persue in office if actively going to make him go down in defeat, then him persuing conservative policy while in office after not saying it in advance of the vote makes his actions just as illigitimate as Obama’s.

I just want an honest debate, not a bunch of lies and propaganda so we can just keep repeating the same seesaw back and forth ever progressivizing of the nation.

I think Conservative policy sells just fine. You, you are happy with the propaganda I guess.

astonerii on September 21, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Great ads, but I’d wish they’d use Obama’s own words against him with the “necessarily skyrocket” clip.

I also read somewhere that Romney will start running more ads after the first debate, when people are finally paying attention.

parteagirl on September 21, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Size and print out your bumper sticker.

Take it to Office Depot – preferably Staples – and have it laminated.

Cut magnets and stick 6 of them to the back of your bumper sticker.

cane_loader on September 21, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Even easier, quicker and less expensive:

Get a glass marker or shoe polish and write on your back windshield.

In Texas,Ted Cruz had a shortage of bumper stickers for the run off in July, and it worked great! It’s large, eye-catchy, and has a passionate, grass-roots feel to it.

On my back windshield now: “When Obama took office, Dallas gas cost $1.46!”

That’s all that needs to be said. Glass markers are at Hobby Lobby, Michael’s or Walmart.

parteagirl on September 21, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Or is that too racist for the GOPe?

kevinkristy on September 21, 2012 at 1:51 PM

He said it in January 2008 well before he was even the nominee.

Click here

Click here

Click here

Or just go to youtube and watch ‘em all.

stukinIL4now on September 21, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I live in a Republican area with lots of Mormon neighbors, I don’t see a single yard sign for Romney. It’s as if this guy isn’t even running. In 2004 and 2008 there were plenty for McCain and Bush.

newtopia on September 21, 2012 at 3:30 PM

newtopia on September 21, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Could it be that people don’t want their property targeted for destruction by the braindead obamatronic zealots?

tom daschle concerned on September 21, 2012 at 3:35 PM

I live in a very southern red state and haven’t seen 1 Romney ad or yard sign. Oddly I have seen an Obama commercial.

I love the ads but why are they only web ads?? The elections is less than 50 days away! I really hope all the $$ Romney is using is going to GOTV.

Mangofish26 on September 21, 2012 at 3:38 PM

For the same reason I don’t put my NRA stickers all over my truck. I’ll be voting for Mitt and continue my membership in the NRA. On occasion I drive to Canada and my truck is clean from any stickers to anything. Use your head instead of your pride or suffer the consequences that will only cost you money to fix or replace and the time to do either one. Just vote, your silence is golden and will shine November 6th.

mixplix on September 21, 2012 at 4:39 PM

mixplix on September 21, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Yikes, I’d hate to try crossing into Canada with NRA stickers.

slickwillie2001 on September 21, 2012 at 4:51 PM

newtopia on September 21, 2012 at 3:30 PM

what do u care? …those signs did jm a lot of good, huh?

gracie on September 21, 2012 at 4:57 PM

newtopia on September 21, 2012 at 3:30 PM

tom daschle concerned on September 21, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Earlier this month I took a drive in the “back country” of my swing state and saw three large Romney signs in the middle of beautiful fields.
In town, the RR sign had a big “666″ scrawled over the names.

It isn’t just the Obamabots on the prowl.

AesopFan on September 21, 2012 at 5:03 PM

The least the government could do is warn people.

The horror of an industry dying is something to behold. It hits a town like the plague. There are whole sections of coal country behind on payments, maintenance, life.e

Walter Energy was supposed to be the “good” coal. I did not have much in it but it might just as well have been Solyndra. No… those people probably got more back.

IlikedAUH2O on September 21, 2012 at 5:03 PM

tom daschle concerned on September 21, 2012 at 3:35 PM

The terrorist veto!

astonerii on September 21, 2012 at 5:06 PM

newtopia on September 21, 2012 at 3:30 PM

There there now. I’m sure President Romney will find somewhere for Newt in his cabinet.

slickwillie2001 on September 21, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Opposite Day on September 21, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Strange, that’s exactly how I feel about Lefty Liberals.

tbarleycorn on September 21, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Oops………………………Regulations DoorStopper!

Considered as unfinished business. H.R. 3409 — “To limit the authority of the Secretary of the Interior to issue regulations before December 31, 2013, under the Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act of 1977.”

603 H R 3409 21-Sept

On Passage

FLOOR VOTE:
***********

FINAL VOTE RESULTS FOR ROLL CALL 603
(Republicans in roman; Democrats in italic; Independents underlined)

===========================================

Republican war on the environment
By Rep. Michael Honda (D-Calif.) – 09/20/12 01:23 PM ET
*******************************************************

==========================

Coal States Crucial in Battle for Control of Congress
on September 22, 2012
*********************

canopfor on September 22, 2012 at 2:15 AM

MeanWhile……………………………….

Stop the War on Coal Act (H.R. 3409)
September 20, 2012
******************

Title I of the bill, the Coal Miner Employment and Domestic Energy Infrastructure Protection Act, sponsored by Rep. Bill Johnson (R-OH), will protect American jobs and support U.S. energy production by prohibiting the Secretary of the Interior from issuing new rules or regulations that will adversely impact mining jobs and our economy. It is a necessary safeguard in response to the effort by the Obama administration’s Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement (OSM) to conduct a sweeping rewrite of a coal mining regulation (the 2008 Stream Buffer Zone Rule) that will cost jobs and decrease American energy production.

Specifically, the Coal Miner Employment and Domestic Energy Infrastructure Protection Act will prohibit the Secretary of the Interior from issuing regulations under the Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act that will: Adversely impact U.S. coal mining employment; Cause a reduction in coal revenue to governments through regulation of coal mining; Reduce the amount of coal available for domestic consumption or export; Designate any area as unsuitable for surface coal mining and reclamation operations; or Expose the U.S. to liability for taking the value of privately owned coal through regulation.(More…)
=======================================

Roll Call Vote:

H R 3409 RECORDED VOTE 21-Sep-2012 12:08 PM
QUESTION: On Passage
BILL TITLE: To limit the authority of the Secretary of the Interior to issue regulations before December 31, 2013, under the Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act of 1977

canopfor on September 22, 2012 at 2:34 AM

workingclass artist on September 21, 2012 at 1:55 PM

workingclass artist:

I just noticed your info,checked the Linkys
on the thread,and did a search,stumbled on HR 3409,
kudos to your info:)

canopfor on September 22, 2012 at 3:43 AM

forest on September 21, 2012 at 1:47 PM

I agree. And not widely known is the fact he not only targeted coal for bankruptcy but natural gas. It’s part of the same clip but hard to find. Most versions have that part edited out…

Buy Danish on September 22, 2012 at 7:28 AM

Bmore on September 21, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Guess what! I agree! I hate when he shouts at rallies. He’d be better off talking calmly and persuasively.

Buy Danish on September 22, 2012 at 7:37 AM