Obama: You know, the IG report should really put an end to all this criticism of Eric Holder

posted at 7:21 pm on September 20, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

Which is weird, because I think the report means that the critcism of Eric Holder should be just getting started. After finally getting some questions about Operation Fast and Furious (the media generally don’t seem to ask him those too often, do they?) during his interview with Univision, the president insisted that no, he does not happen to think that the OIG’s recently released findings on the mind-blowingly poor management of the Justice Department should warrant firing Eric Holder. The DC snagged the vid:

Well, first of all, I think it’s important to understand that the Fast and Furious program was a field-initiated program, begun under the previous administration. …I will tell you that Eric Holder has my complete confidence, because he has shown himself to be willing to hold accountable those who took these actions and is passionate about making sure that we’re preventing guns from getting into the wrong hands. …We’ve released almost all of [the documents.] …Ultimately, I’m responsible and my key managers, including the attorney general, are responsible for holding those people accountable, for making sure that they are fired if they do dumb things and then fixing the system to ensure that it doesn’t happen again… So, [the IG report] was, I think, independent, honest, it was a clear assessment of what had gone wrong in that situation. …

Really, again with the “previous administration”? A thousand times, no.

“Independent, honest, clear assessment”? As Oversight Chairman Darrell Issa has already noted, the White House still has plenty of information they withheld from the Inspector General’s investigation which he still needs before the report will be anywhere near complete.

“Ultimately, I’m responsible, and my key managers…” You know, I actually agree with you there, President Obama. And since Eric Holder has shown, at best, an impossibly brazen commitment to having zero knowledge of deathly gun scandals operating under his very nose and carried out by people that he personally selected, he probably shouldn’t be Attorney General of the United States, no? Or would firing Eric Holder bring an uncomfortable amount of accountability/scrutiny onto you for having hired him in the first place?

Comments

The son-of-a-gun was IN THE ROOM AND DIRECTING the raid on little Julio. What a patriot. Janet Reno smiles in the shadows.

Limerick on September 20, 2012 at 7:23 PM

The Ghost of Harry Truman: $@&% You, Obama!

aunursa on September 20, 2012 at 7:24 PM

The buck stops…

In the janitor’s closet..

Electrongod on September 20, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Someone in Holder’s DOJ found thier boss saw nothing, heard nothing and knew nothing – how convincing.

VorDaj on September 20, 2012 at 7:24 PM

At the very least Holder is an incompetent manager. But this is a whitewash.

rbj on September 20, 2012 at 7:25 PM

What in that report justified Obama invoking executive privilege for Holder….?

JohnTant on September 20, 2012 at 7:25 PM

begun under the previous administration

Lying sack of cheeze whiz.

Bishop on September 20, 2012 at 7:25 PM

The Incredible Shrinking President.

Flange on September 20, 2012 at 7:25 PM

What in that report justified Obama invoking executive privilege for Holder….?

JohnTant on September 20, 2012 at 7:25 PM

He is the Barry. What else matters?

Limerick on September 20, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Narcissistic Personality Disorder…

d1carter on September 20, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Lesser people did this dastardly deed. My people had nothing to do with it.

Don L on September 20, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Don L on September 20, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Except here are the keys to the office. Now do me proud!

Limerick on September 20, 2012 at 7:29 PM

It was a shadow government that did it, like in a “B” movie.

VorDaj on September 20, 2012 at 7:29 PM

It was a shadow government that did it, like in a “B” movie.

VorDaj on September 20, 2012 at 7:29 PM

A Joooooo one, no doubt.

Limerick on September 20, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Either Holder is:

1. Grossly incompetent because he had no knowledge of a gun running (!) operation that killed lots of people including an American border agent.

2. An outright lair and fraud.

Both possible outcomes make Holder look really bad. What is the Lefty spin on this?

visions on September 20, 2012 at 7:32 PM

visions on September 20, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Yes, no doubt. All you have to do is look at Julio and look at the DC gun case to know what the flavor is.

Limerick on September 20, 2012 at 7:33 PM

was a field-initiated program, begun under the previous administration.

a little truth to hide a lie.

Begun under Bush, then bastardized for evil purposes under his watch.

faraway on September 20, 2012 at 7:35 PM

faraway on September 20, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Yes, as an observer, but the MSM will play it all the way until Hawaii’s polls close.

Limerick on September 20, 2012 at 7:36 PM

In Chicago-speak what Obama said is that Holder did nothing wrong because he did what Obama told him to.

simkeith on September 20, 2012 at 7:36 PM

If a private company CEO, does not follow IRS, EPA or OSHA regulations does he get to blame his underlings, or does he get fined and goes to jail? Here is all I need to know about this story, both
Holder and Obama are absolute liars. They both knew what was going on and have thrown their supportes and employees under their bus, to save their lying butts. One thing they forget though those who go under the bus carry secrets with them.Expect to see tons of memos and paperwork tying Holder to this directly, magically appearing, maybe Barry grades and even the birth certificate. Tinkle on your employees and you are going to get a swift kick to the private parts. Somebody pass the popcorn !!

stormridercx4 on September 20, 2012 at 7:37 PM

something smells faster and furiouser every minute

Slade73 on September 20, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Somebody pass the popcorn !!

stormridercx4 on September 20, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I’m sure there is a Michelle Obama IRS penalty for passing that killer of children.

Limerick on September 20, 2012 at 7:39 PM

…what are managerial skills?…that’s for the private sector…not the public sector…don’t you (m)asses know anything?

KOOLAID2 on September 20, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Slade73 on September 20, 2012 at 7:38 PM

And in this case, the people who denied it, supplied it.

Flange on September 20, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Accountability starts at the top.

Claiming Executive Privilege for documents in F&F means that these are personal communications… that privilege ends when wrong-doing is uncovered. It has been uncovered. Release the documents. Because accountability starts at the top, not in a field office.

ajacksonian on September 20, 2012 at 7:43 PM

“Ultimately, I’m responsible, and my key managers…”

Having said that, I think it’s time to move on and attempt to accomplish something for the benefit of the American people AND THOSE OF LATINO EXTRACTION, despite the attempts of Republicans to stop our advances as a nation and civilization!

You may now all worship at my feet, and remember, on November 6th, to vote early AND vote often!”

GarandFan on September 20, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Flange on September 20, 2012 at 7:43 PM

but not in this case I think, did those who smelt it dealt it

Slade73 on September 20, 2012 at 7:46 PM

It is a legit scandal, its also completely run its course… What more do we need to know?

libfreeordie on June 20, 2012 at 1:21 PM.

rogerb on September 20, 2012 at 7:48 PM

I heard the tail end of the news here in AZ and they were saying that Boehner struck down Paul Gosar’s idea to follow up on something…I didn’t catch just what it was but it was something he felt was promising. Did anyone else hear of that?

AZgranny on September 20, 2012 at 7:48 PM

liberals are pure dumb

look at Chicago idiots! When you mess with the second amendment you get the balls, and the entire shaft.

Slade73 on September 20, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Gun Control Under the Radar! – Now that they’ve found some lackey’s to take the fall for Obama and Holder, they want to move on and forget about Fast and Furious.

Not only would I look further into Holder and the WH, I’d be looking into the DHS and other agencies purchasing those billions of rounds of ammo that, in many cases, the type didn’t fit the need, i.e. the amount of .308 rounds normally used by snipers. More “Gun Control Under the Radar”? An attempt to drive the costs of ammo up for the consumer by making it scarce? With this administration, I wouldn’t put anything past them.

iamsaved on September 20, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Excuse me while I rearrange my mind to fit this between: “The private sector is doing fine” and “…America and Islam …share common principles – principles of justice and progress; tolerance and the dignity of all human beings…”

socalcon on September 20, 2012 at 7:56 PM

but not in this case I think, did those who smelt it dealt it

Slade73 on September 20, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I’m surprised they haven’t tried to blame the dog yet.

Flange on September 20, 2012 at 7:58 PM

White House blocks IG from talking with Aide…

d1carter on September 20, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Being president means never having to say you’re sorry.

J-Paul00 on September 20, 2012 at 7:59 PM

but not in this case I think, did those who smelt it dealt it

Slade73 on September 20, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I’m surprised they haven’t tried to blame the dog yet.

Flange on September 20, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Can’t. He already ate it.

RovesChins on September 20, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Either Holder is:

2. An outright lair and fraud.

visions on September 20, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Why limit it to “Either”?

J-Paul00 on September 20, 2012 at 8:01 PM

I do not believe that word means what you think it means.

J-Paul00 on September 20, 2012 at 8:03 PM

“The buck stops with you.” Barack Obama, July 12, 2012

TarheelBen on September 20, 2012 at 8:04 PM

OT: Why I love my governor.

Rick Perry hijacks Obama’s #ForAll campaign.

the new aesthetic on September 20, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Well, let’s see here. Holder did a dumb thing by not knowing what his agency was doing on a very big thing with big ramifications because it involved shipping arms to a foreign power. That alone is a violation of ITAR since his agency knowingly allowed arms to cross the border without State Department approval. Holder failed to obtain the needed information for what his DOJ was doing; he further lied to Congress when questioned. By Bammie’s logic, at a minimum Holder should be fired. That’s just accepting the premise being put forth by Jugears. The truth is much uglier.

AZfederalist on September 20, 2012 at 8:08 PM

So when is the Lying King signing an EO granting amnesty citizenship for illegals ? Nov 5 ?

burrata on September 20, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Willful ignorance- a term used in law when an individual seeks to avoid civil or criminal liability for a wrongful act by intentionally putting theirself in a position where he will be unaware of facts which would render himself liable. A perfect definition for how Holder manages his underlings. At the very least that should be grounds for dismissal. In my opinion, also grounds for a bit of federal prison time.

Sasha List on September 20, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Not a fan of erika’s writing. Let me know when AP or Ed are posting again.

bfinstock79 on September 20, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Obama: You know, the reality of Holder’s incompetence shown in the IG report should really put an end to all this criticism of Eric Holder

FIFYB!

Y314K on September 20, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Not a fan of erika’s writing. Let me know when AP or Ed are posting again.

bfinstock79 on September 20, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Tell your partner, the one holding the gun to your pinhead, not to force you to read her writing.

It might help other aspects of your relationship.

tom daschle concerned on September 20, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Ultimately, I’m responsible

Ultimately, we are.

Nov 6th not voting “Present”

OTTO on September 20, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Spot on…1000% on the money. It’s clear Holder is an incompetent, lying, dope, in over his head and definitely a patronage appointment…skin being the main and sole qualifer.

Twana on September 20, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Not a fan of erika’s writing. Let me know when AP or Ed are posting again.

bfinstock79 on September 20, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Keep hitting F5

OTTO on September 20, 2012 at 8:17 PM

and please don’t forget:
“I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president — with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln — just in terms of what we’ve gotten done in modern history.”
{‘possible exceptions’???} a tad too much ego, perhaps?

socalcon on September 20, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Twana on September 20, 2012 at 8:15 PM

So Holder is just like Hussein ?!

burrata on September 20, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Wrong, Obysmal. They were two entirely different programs. The “previous administration” ran a program with the full knowledge and cooperation of the Mexican government. The number of weapons involved were far, far fewer, and their movement was traced.

onlineanalyst on September 20, 2012 at 8:19 PM

and please don’t forget:
{‘possible exceptions’???} a tad too much ego, perhaps?

socalcon on September 20, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Idiot thinks he gets to write history this soon.
Has a habit of it actually.
How’s that foriegn policy working now?

OTTO on September 20, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Al Sharpton just pardoned Jesse Jackson for the eruption of World Wide Chaos.

/Obama busy tending to fundraising duty.

Carry on, America. Carry on.

Key West Reader on September 20, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Fox Investigates Hen House Robbery. Exonerates Self.

F-

Del Dolemonte on September 20, 2012 at 8:24 PM

500 pages, and the report doesn’t even say who authorized F’nF.

Socratease on September 20, 2012 at 8:25 PM

On 60 minutes, the Boy King cited his ‘saving the US Auto industry’ as a major accomplishment.

According to most business magazines: “From September to December 2008, President Bush and Congress had agreed to an emergency bailout of $17.4 billion to be distributed to the Big Three automakers by the next administration in January and February”

So, according to Obama’s logic on F&F, wouldn’t the saving of the auto industry also be “begun under the previous administration” — so Bush should be getting the credit?

{Note: I prefer stick pretzels rather than twisted preztels… even in my logic}

socalcon on September 20, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I do not believe that word means what you think it means.

J-Paul00 on September 20, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Excellent. :)

I have no award … want a Dr. Pepper?

Image — just free-wheeling here — that Obama is as dirty as his scape-goat. Maybe he wants his scape-goat to stay there and scape indefinitely. Maybe he’s even a little careful not to make his goat all that angry, lest it stomp out of position and leave the emperor all naked in front of the camera.

Maybe the whole thing is ugly enough to make Nixon blush.

Axe on September 20, 2012 at 8:29 PM

500 pages, and the report doesn’t even say who authorized F’nF.

Socratease on September 20, 2012 at 8:25 PM

This is what I’m saying. :)

Axe on September 20, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Not a fan of erika’s writing. Let me know when AP or Ed are posting again.

bfinstock79 on September 20, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Kay.

Axe on September 20, 2012 at 8:31 PM

field-initiated program, begun under the previous administration?

No, actually it was a DOJ/ATF program that began under Barack Obama.

Lying piece of crap.

Wendya on September 20, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Like he11 it should, it’s nothing but a damned whitewash.

SWalker on September 20, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Yes, and both of you should go to PRISON for this. That’s what happens when you are responsible for criminal negligence that gets people killed.

SWalker on September 20, 2012 at 8:46 PM

500 pages, and the report doesn’t even say who authorized F’nF.

Socratease on September 20, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Bush

burrata on September 20, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Personally, I’d like Obama to explain that Executive Privilege EO. If Holder wasn’t directly involved, and there was virtually no privileged communication with the White House, how is it valid, and why would he issue it?

thatsafactjack on September 20, 2012 at 8:49 PM

thatsafactjack on September 20, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Is that not challenged yet? Don’t we know already it isn’t valid? Seems like that was already settled and should have already been set aside.

Axe on September 20, 2012 at 8:52 PM

*And is Romney going to pull a Ford when he get’s elected, “for the good of the country?”

Axe on September 20, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Maybe the whole thing is ugly enough to make Nixon blush.

Axe on September 20, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I (D)on’t think that is possible.

/inspiration shamelessly stolen from another poster last night.

AZfederalist on September 20, 2012 at 8:54 PM

To be fair, this does fit Obama’s standard level of accountability for failures that happen under the watch of democrats.

Scrappy on September 20, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Why did he claim executive privilige?

newportmike on September 20, 2012 at 9:10 PM

“Ultimately, I’m responsible, and my key managers…”

Did he say this before or after he said change was impossible from the inside?

ChrisL on September 20, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Bullshit. I remember the spring 2009 swine flu trip to mexico. They ALL went. Barky, nappyhoe, holder, clinton,, all of them. That’s when and where this started at the highest level WITH Calderon. The mantra was 90% of the guns come from the US. They all parroted it like they do all lies.

wolly4321 on September 20, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Raaaaacist!

tbear44 on September 20, 2012 at 9:25 PM

I only heard three excerpts from this interview and Obama manged to lie in each one. After claiming that the Murder of our ambassador was still due to a “natural” uproar over that stupid video ( on the same day that someone else in the administration said AL Qaeda was involved) he then said his “first priority is keeping diplomats safe.” This guy has more first priorities than Joe Biden has hair plugs (remember his claim that he wakes up every morning and goes to sleep every night thinking about creating jobs?). Then he said his “greatest failure” was not passing immigration reform (replacing his other “greatest failure” of not “communicating” the horror that is Obamacare well enough) and then said he hadn’t failed at not passing immigration reform “not for lack of trying” when in fact he never tried to pass an immigration reform bill even when he had a Demo majority in Congress. But he still wasn’t finished! He then drug up that old disproved canard about Republicans immediately gathering in Washington after he was elected to conspire to find ways to keep him from getting reelected.

And not one person, not one, called him on any of these lies.

natasha333 on September 20, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Obama: You know, the IG report should really better put an end to all this criticism of Eric Holder… or else.

Fixed.

Gerald Walpin.

lynncgb on September 20, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I’m betting the very people that are feeling bus wheels are the “additional personel” nappyhoe and holder were bragging about sending here to AZ in 2009.

wolly4321 on September 20, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Its still there! CRITICISM ON! More importantly, put the F*cker in jail and then we’ll stop talking about it, well, right up until and ending in his moment in Jailhouse Justice…Any Questions?

Tbone McGraw on September 20, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Barky personally APPOINTED Dennis Burke, former Chief of Staff to napoliantano. Timelines matter. Political ties matter. They didn’t know???

Not a chance.

Meet Dennis Burke.

Google your heart out, and you tell me if this internal investigation means crap.

wolly4321 on September 20, 2012 at 9:48 PM

natasha333 on September 20, 2012 at 9:25 PM

It’s amazing! And I thought BJ Clinton was the teflon president! Holy Crap! Zero could go on a 2 week vacation with rappers and ho’s and nobody would say ****! Holder’s untouchable too! Omg! The Untouchables!

tbear44 on September 20, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Eric holder hearts him some dennis burke. I wonder why?

wolly4321 on September 20, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Eric Holder killing off Border Agents.
Obama’s negligence killing off Ambassadors.

And somehow 47% of the country wants to vote for this administration?

HUH?

DOUBLE PLUS UNGOOD.

Varchild on September 20, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Maybe this is why barky appointed him, with a clinton, nappyhoe, rahm, holder, endorsement.

But hey, it’s all coincedence. Low level cross border ops happen all the time…

Like I said BS.

wolly4321 on September 20, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Otto! That’s not cool bro.

bfinstock79 on September 20, 2012 at 10:12 PM

It was designed by all the actors I have submitted to add gravity to a reinstatement of the assault weapons ban. The pieces are clear.

wolly4321 on September 20, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Words cannot describe my dismay at the fact this man is president. I can’t even manage to make that a capital “P”…

bobcalco on September 20, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Anybody else take note of who Obysmal slipped into the #3 spot at the DOJ? A Taliban lawyer.

And he looks like one of Holder’s “my people,” too.

onlineanalyst on September 20, 2012 at 10:48 PM

If that lie is true, then why is BHO claiming executive privilege? Are we now to believe he’s protecting Bush?

RadClown on September 20, 2012 at 10:54 PM

So, the IG reported that the only DoJ official that could finger Holder was Sergeant Schultz of Stalag 13?

What would John Banner say??

Khun Joe on September 20, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Wow.

Even now, he has zero qualms pulling out the BUSH DID IT!! Card.

How pathetic. Yet, he’s a multi-millionaire and is bankrupting our country morally and fiscally.

Amazing.

KMC1 on September 20, 2012 at 11:49 PM

“I will tell you that Eric Holder has my complete confidence, because he has shown himself to be willing to hold accountable those who took these actions”

Translation: Eric knows enough about the Chicago game to duck when necessary, and choose the right guy to toss under the bus when trouble gets too close. Accountability is retained at the top of the chain of command. That’s the entire premise of the statement, “The buck stops here”. Of course, we know that’s the furthest thing from the truth in this administration. Which is saying something, as there are so many things about this WH which are light years from the truth.

Freelancer on September 21, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Let’s see, the department head has absolutely no knowledge of a major policy decision which occurred within his own department. This would be like the United States invading Panama without Obama’s knowledge.

Would Eric Holder be ducking behind an Ignorance Blanket had ‘Fast and Furious’ had a triumphant conclusion? I think not. Obama would, most likely, be pinning a Freedom Medial on Holder (claiming concurrently “it was my idea too and I gave the “go ahead””)accompanied by words of praise such as “insight” “brilliance” “courage” “executive incisiveness” and “Patton-like audacity”.

MaiDee on September 21, 2012 at 1:58 AM

You know, he doesn’t really know what those words mean. Somebody once told him the Harry Truman story on buck-stopping, or perhaps he learned the phrase during a debate prep once upon a time, but he has no clue on what the words require of him. Responsibility is for the little people.

MTF on September 21, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Oh, really? You mean the self investigation that let Holder and Obama slip thru the crack ends this? No way. An independent special investigator is needed to have complete access to all of the information, not just the hand picked papers used in the report.

Amazingoly on September 21, 2012 at 8:38 AM

The next logical step is Arizona charging Jason Weinstein with negligent homicide, at which point he may start to plea-bargain using facts the administration would rather we didn’t know. I don’t think official immunity will apply when he’s been fired for his actions.

Am I wrong in thinking that any Grand Jury in Arizona could bring that indictment, even if the state didn’t want it to?

PersonFromPorlock on September 21, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Come on, O got to hang wit his peeps. As he has through all of the holder blunders and crimes.

StevC on September 21, 2012 at 12:57 PM

You Lie!

sherrimae on September 21, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Eric Holder is the Seargent Schultz of the Department of Justice.

Socratease on September 21, 2012 at 1:47 PM