Watching this ridiculous 13-year-old on ‘X Factor’ will make your day

posted at 2:41 pm on September 19, 2012 by Mary Katharine Ham

Consider your palate cleansed. I was fretting over the future of the nation last night, as I’m wont to do, when I ran across this. Since then, I’ve watched it about 12 times and it has yet to fail to make me smile. This clip, from last week’s “X Factor” has been up for almost a week and deserves far more than the three million views it has thus far.

This is pure reality TV poetry, from beginning to end. From the 13-year-old who actually looks like a 13-year-old and her unassuming sweetness, to the last jittery look she tosses her parents before going on stage, to the reaction of the judges to her song choice.

“I’m hoping Demi (Lovato) and Britney (Spears) kind of look at me and say, ‘Whoa, that’s just like me. That’s where I was at one time,” the little singer says before taking the stage. By the time she leaves the stage, it’s clear Britney and Demi were never near here. Meet Carly Rose Sonenclar:

Here she is singing the National Anthem at a Mets game earlier this year, making a play for the crucial Allahpundit demographic.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

NOTHING could possibly equal that opera chick – who might be 11.

I saw her on PBS and I still can’t believe that a little girl could be so spectacular.

She is truly unbelievable.

The opera chick, not the thread chick. I didn’t click on her.

OhEssYouCowboys on September 19, 2012 at 2:45 PM

I was at that Met game (don’t judge me) and I remember her.

TheLastBrainLeft on September 19, 2012 at 2:46 PM

What useless crap / chickification.

As the mailing deadline looms, a sharp reminder of the disenfranchisement of our Military voters via denial of absentee ballots

rayra on September 19, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I was fretting over the future of the nation last night, as I’m wont to do

Then quit voting for Republicans.

Dante on September 19, 2012 at 2:48 PM

My vote goes to the Kmart karoke girl singing Whitney Houston.

but this is a very close second.

FlaMurph on September 19, 2012 at 2:51 PM

This made me smile!

formerwm on September 19, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Good for Alan Colmes. He must be very proud of his daughter.

koolidgedotcom on September 19, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Awesome!

myiq2xu on September 19, 2012 at 2:54 PM

That was OK. Serious intonation issues (especially in the lower notes) she’s learned to riff before she learned about proper pitch, true of too many young singers these days. Still, I’m glad her parents have her listening to Nina Simone.

libfreeordie on September 19, 2012 at 2:57 PM

I wish that young lady all the best. It was a pleasure to listen to her. Now, time to replay it, again.

jaliranchr on September 19, 2012 at 2:57 PM

let kids be kids…and enjoy being a kid….too soon, her “kid days” might be over….

let’s see all this effort by the media to create and reward entrepreneurs, inventors and capitalist job creators (lemonade stands??)

daytrader on September 19, 2012 at 2:57 PM

You know, I normally hate these shows, but i took a chance on your recommendation and I have to say that this clip, no matter how staged it may or may not be, got to me. In just a few minutes, it packages up the very best of what this kind of show aspires to. Here’s looking forward to seeing more of Carly, and I hope her parents can help her not to lose her way.

Xasprtr on September 19, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Nice video.
Almost makes me want to watch the show.
Almost.

22044 on September 19, 2012 at 2:59 PM

All the best to this tremendously talented young lady. And the same thoughts for our own tremendously talented young lady Erika Johnsen here at Hot Air.

meci on September 19, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Joe Messina has some candy for her.

lorien1973 on September 19, 2012 at 2:59 PM

I cried with you, MKH. Truly a bright spot in my week. Never watch this stuff so thanks very much. Amazing! and to the rest of you, get some class.

screwauger on September 19, 2012 at 3:01 PM

She’s good but mom is scary lookin’.

RedNewEnglander on September 19, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Xasprtr on September 19, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Just like Britney’s parents did……oh wait..

CableDude on September 19, 2012 at 3:01 PM

well, I didn’t mean “the rest of you” but the first few comments pi@@ed me off.

screwauger on September 19, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Yep, made my day.

One question.

Dante, does that wet blanket chafe much?

hawkdriver on September 19, 2012 at 3:03 PM

That there was some mighty fine chops.

Jewel on September 19, 2012 at 3:05 PM

libfreeordie on September 19, 2012 at 2:57 PM

She’s only 13 and you’re a racist.

hawkdriver on September 19, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I was fretting over the future of the nation last night, as I’m wont to do – MKH

Then quit voting for Republicans.

Dante

Pathetic.

A little 13 year old girl sings her heart out, and you have to offer up a stupid comment.

Way to go, champ.

Gothguy on September 19, 2012 at 3:05 PM

That was OK…

libfreeordie

And I suppose you can sing better?

Gothguy on September 19, 2012 at 3:07 PM

@lorien1973: Conservative or not, that guy has some personal issues.

Seth Halpern on September 19, 2012 at 3:08 PM

The various talent shows on the internet are a modern embodiment of the work ethic. Lots of lazy no-talent losers come on, but they quickly fall by the wayside. In the end, a small group of hard-working talented people achieve their dreams.

I love that there are still confident young people! There’s still hope for this nation.

hawksruleva on September 19, 2012 at 3:10 PM

libfreeordie on September 19, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Why do you demean yourself with that kind of commentary? Its small, mean, and petty. If that’s your nature and I have no reason to suspect that it is not, you need to do some serious reflection about how you might elevate yourself.

thatsafactjack on September 19, 2012 at 3:11 PM

That kid is a phenomenon. I almost cried and I’m a really really tough guy.

SparkPlug on September 19, 2012 at 3:11 PM

12 times??? That’s 84+ minutes! I’ve never watched anything 12 times.

albill on September 19, 2012 at 3:11 PM

@lorien1973: Conservative or not, that guy has some personal issues.

Seth Halpern on September 19, 2012 at 3:08 PM

He’s Obama’s campaign manager or something.

Judging from the grin, his van is awfully inviting for youngsters.

lorien1973 on September 19, 2012 at 3:11 PM

That was OK…

libfreeordie

And I suppose you can sing better?

Gothguy on September 19, 2012 at 3:07 PM

I think what Teach was saying was the little white girl wasn’t as good as the professional singer who originally did the song.

Pathetic bigot.

hawkdriver on September 19, 2012 at 3:12 PM

She’s a ringer:

She has been singing professionally for 6 years already.

myiq2xu on September 19, 2012 at 3:12 PM

libfreeordie on September 19, 2012 at 2:57 PM

She’s only 13 and you’re a racist.

hawkdriver on September 19, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I agree.

SparkPlug on September 19, 2012 at 3:12 PM

But she’s still awesome.

myiq2xu on September 19, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Awesome! Thanks for posting it, I needed that smile today. But, I hope and pray she doesn’t lose her wholesomeness and innocence.

4Freedom on September 19, 2012 at 3:16 PM

She’s only 13 and you’re a racist.

hawkdriver on September 19, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Stating the obvious, twice.

Though, meh on the show, and the theatrics, no matter how enthralled some of you are. She strikes one as an old woman in a child’s body. Yes, yes, that’s what impressed the ‘judges’ and the majority. The majority is always easily impressed. It makes it easy to sell stuff.

All his idiocies aside, libfreeordie has great taste in music and is knowledgeable on topic.

Schadenfreude on September 19, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Fame and Fortune

Be careful what you wish for — precocious little 13-year old girl — you just might get it.

FlatFoot on September 19, 2012 at 3:17 PM

It almost kind of makes me like Britney Spears…she actually acted real

LtT26 on September 19, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Can we stopped being amazed now when a 13 year old can sing well? We have 5 or 6 every year.

That being said, yes she was great but there was nothing terribly distinctive or modern in her voice for me. Also, she had a couple chances to go big there and never did. Lots of melisma but light on power.

mitchellvii on September 19, 2012 at 3:18 PM

She was great! Those of you only offering criticism, try to remember that she is only 13!!!

Awesome as she was, I’ll bet Obama says “she didn’t sing that”.

MississippiMom on September 19, 2012 at 3:18 PM

It’s great that art is in the eye ears of the beholder.

Schadenfreude on September 19, 2012 at 3:20 PM

libfreeordie on September 19, 2012 at 2:57 PM

This is the only time I’ll ever say this in the history of the world, but libfree or die is absolutely correct in his/her commentary (especially about the riffing). And it’s not mean-spirited to point these things out.

mrsknightley on September 19, 2012 at 3:20 PM

thatsafactjack on September 19, 2012 at 3:11 PM

You tell em Jackie. Nicely done.

SparkPlug on September 19, 2012 at 3:21 PM

libfreeordie on September 19, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Actually, now that I think of it, your comment leads me to believe that you are, essentially, competing with this little girl.

No one suggested that there was any need to offer up some armchair, amateur, critique of this little girl’s talent.

Yet, you felt compelled to level one at her, anyway.

I can only surmise that you feel, somehow, threatened by this little girl’s obvious talent and success.

Music, and the appreciation of the arts in general, is not a competition.

The arts are entirely subjective.

Taste is cultivated and acquired over a lifetime.

Educated people know this.

It must be a very lonely, and small, world in which you dwell.

thatsafactjack on September 19, 2012 at 3:23 PM

People like this girl give me hope for this nation.
Then I see what Dante and Libfree write, and that feeling is gone.

nobar on September 19, 2012 at 3:23 PM

mrsknightley on September 19, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Objectivity will get ya :)

Thank you for standing up.

Schadenfreude on September 19, 2012 at 3:25 PM

The arts are entirely subjective.

Taste is cultivated and acquired over a lifetime.

thatsafactjack on September 19, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Good one, in the name of said subjectivity, and for objectivity, libfreeordie also has the same freedom.

I agree with him. Slap me around.

Schadenfreude on September 19, 2012 at 3:28 PM

libfreeordie on September 19, 2012 at 2:57 PM

I don’t what to make of this . . . I appear to agree with libfree’ !
I might have to rethink my position on that, now.
But still, she has fantastic talent for a 13 year old. This is undoubtedly not the last we’ve heard from this young lady.

listens2glenn on September 19, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Sorry, meant to bold this statement, by the great Jackie.

The arts are entirely subjective.

Schadenfreude on September 19, 2012 at 3:28 PM

@listens2glenn – LOL, I know what you mean. I’m now checking the skies for the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

mrsknightley on September 19, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Sorry again, s/b quoted

The arts are entirely subjective.

Schadenfreude on September 19, 2012 at 3:30 PM

mrsknightley on September 19, 2012 at 3:30 PM

You’re not alone :)

Schadenfreude on September 19, 2012 at 3:30 PM

libfreeordie on September 19, 2012 at 2:57 PM

It’s nice to see that you are a better judge of talent than LA Reed and Simon Cowell. Oh wait, who is it that you’ve discovered?
Proving once again that you know nuthin bout nuthin.

Rio Linda Refugee on September 19, 2012 at 3:31 PM

I agree with him. Slap me around.

Schadenfreude on September 19, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Depends if you’ll enjoy it. ;)

kim roy on September 19, 2012 at 3:32 PM

I think this little girl was good for opening night but like libfreeordie said she could improve and thats to be expected because shes only 13.

On the flip side this is a talent competition and her shortcomings will be pointed out over the next couple of episodes I ensure you. The more constructive criticism she gets early the farther shell go in the show.

(Side Note:)

I thought Rachel from last season was great and she was only eleveen however I just dont see a little girl winning this competition. There’s just not that big of a fan base for a pre-teen girl. Pre-teen boys yes, because the girls by the music but pre-teen girls, not as much. This shows about the next superstar (looks, stage presence, sale potential, singing skills, etc)

My early favorite is the single mom who was on episode 1. She has the looks, stage presence and the voice in my opinion. I called Melanie as the early favorite last year and she ended up winning.

Politricks on September 19, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Some (above) forget there is a very very scared girl inside there who has said damn the critics, full speed ahead. Ain’t America grand!

Limerick on September 19, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Depends if you’ll enjoy it. ;)

kim roy on September 19, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Not meant that way, dirty mind :)

Schadenfreude on September 19, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Proving once again that you know nuthin bout nuthin.

1. You must think reality shows are actually real.

2. You’re not really using Cowell and Reid as the sole barometers of talent, are you?

mrsknightley on September 19, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Proving once again that you know nuthin bout nuthin.

Rio Linda Refugee on September 19, 2012 at 3:31 PM

No comment on the kid or even your comment, but just an entirely gratuitous swipe at the Ego That Is Named Simon Cowell: Cowell only judges what will bring him better ratings and more $$.

That’s it. Thanks for the opportunity! ;)

kim roy on September 19, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Rio Linda Refugee, actually libfreeordie has incredible sense and great taste as regards the art which is music. It has been observed repeatedly. He contributes some of the very best links.

Schadenfreude on September 19, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Music, and the appreciation of the arts in general, is not a competition.

The arts are entirely subjective.

Taste is cultivated and acquired over a lifetime.

Educated people know this.

It must be a very lonely, and small, world in which you dwell.

thatsafactjack on September 19, 2012 at 3:23 PM

————–

I disagree. The X Factor is a COMPETITION show. I also dont agree that someones singing voice is subjective. Sure we might all like someone more or less then the other but I dont think anyone in their right mind would say Michael Jackson couldnt “sing” or for that matter would want to hear me with a horrible singing voice all off pitch on their radio all day.

Therea are proper measurable thresholds for singers which is why programmers can come up with things like “auto tune”.

Politricks on September 19, 2012 at 3:37 PM

You’re not alone :)

Schadenfreude on September 19, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Thanks, that’s a pleasant surprise. :)

mrsknightley on September 19, 2012 at 3:38 PM

I love it when posters here pretend to be the unsung artistic geniuses of this generation. They throw around words like ‘serious intonation’ while pretending to swirl around their glass of scotch.

The girl is 13 years old and shows more talent than 90% of the girls in popular music.

13.

Go suck a lemon.

You-Eh-Vee on September 19, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Schadenfreude on September 19, 2012 at 3:28 PM

I’m not particularly enamored of this girls performance, either, however, my comment to libree is not about the girls talent. Its about him taking the opportunity to lash out at a little girl for no apparent reason.

He is, of course, entitled to his taste. He should, however, also have the taste to display some restraint and some manners.

On more than one occasion he has made it his business to critique performances as though they were, indeed, competitions, and he has not hesitated to be incredibly rude both in approach and delivery. He has interjected his unsolicited opinion to me on more than one occasion.

I see, in this ad hoc critique, the same motivation, competition.

thatsafactjack on September 19, 2012 at 3:39 PM

libfreeordie on September 19, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Yeah, and what’s more, she didn’t build that.

/snark

You can go back to your Mother’s basemnt now.

NOMOBO on September 19, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Thanks, that’s a pleasant surprise. :)

mrsknightley on September 19, 2012 at 3:38 PM

The cliff must be reinforced. Otherwise it also shall be catapulted into the abyss; not with the lemmings (they never went, being smarter), but with the other crowd creatures.

Schadenfreude on September 19, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Still no Gangnam Style on the front page? You’re slacking, Allah.

mythicknight on September 19, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Fame and Fortune

FlatFoot on September 19, 2012 at 3:17 PM

This. She seems like a sweet girl. I wish her the best and hope her parents guard and protect her like Mama Grizzlies.

Fallon on September 19, 2012 at 3:43 PM

I’m not particularly enamored of this girl’s performance…

thatsafactjack on September 19, 2012 at 3:39 PM

She’s ok but not great, but then what do we know of music? :)

libfree doesn’t deserve to live free, but on music he’s good.

Schadenfreude on September 19, 2012 at 3:44 PM

What you saw was the moxy. The moxy of a free individual in a free country. The same moxy that puts them in uniform and tells the evil bastads to come-and-get-some. Kudos to the moxy of Miss Carly.

Limerick on September 19, 2012 at 3:44 PM

A+ just for singing Nina Simone.

But already an A+ for playing Gilda Flip on The (new) Electric Company.
My kids are gonna love this.

verbaluce on September 19, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Schadenfreude on September 19, 2012 at 3:40 PM

LOL.

It’s not lashing out and it’s not a lack of manners. It was a thoughtful, well-reasoned critique with no personal undertones whatsoever.

unsung artistic geniuses

I don’t claim to be a genius, but I have gotten paid to sing. We’re not all armchair quarterbacks over here.

mrsknightley on September 19, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Wow. Thanks for posting this. she is amazing. Got some real idiots on the thread though.

TerryW on September 19, 2012 at 3:45 PM

I think she is excellent at the urban yodeling. Very excellent indeed.

happytobehere on September 19, 2012 at 3:49 PM

TerryW on September 19, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Find a mirror, pronto.

Schadenfreude on September 19, 2012 at 3:50 PM

She’s good but mom is scary lookin’.

RedNewEnglander on September 19, 2012 at 3:01 PM

For a sec I thought it was Pam Geller –
and thought, please don’t let that be the reason this was posted.
(Though if it was her kid, song would’ve been Ride Of The Valkyries)

verbaluce on September 19, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Still no Gangnam Style on the front page? You’re slacking, Allah.

mythicknight on September 19, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Oh, thanks for that. Must. Go. Watch. Now.

kim roy on September 19, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Schadenfreude on September 19, 2012 at 3:44 PM

I disagree that libfree is ‘good’ on music. His insistence, on every possible occasion, that the minority performer’s performance of any given selection, is ‘better’ than the performer others were discussing or enjoying, isn’t being ‘good’ on music. Frankly, I suspect that on many occasions he simply searches You Tube using the title of the selection and then selects any minority performer that he can find who also has rendered a performance of that particular selection.

He is, as I said, entitled to his taste.

He is not entitled to insist, on first interaction, that he requires ‘ear bleach’ because the performance selected was not the one performed by his preferred performer. That is simply being rude and obnoxious. He knows this.

His style of interjecting his opinion into the conversation is general rude and abrasive. I don’t know whether that comes from his time online as a liberal troll, and, as such, has become his online conversational style, or if it truly is just his nature in general.

If he seeks to actually have a conversation with people who also enjoy music, he should try a different approach.

thatsafactjack on September 19, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Brilliant !
Good news was gettin’ hard to find today .

Lucano on September 19, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I don’t claim to be a genius, but I have gotten paid to sing.

mrsknightley on September 19, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Yeah, these guys get paid too.

I kid, I kid.

You’re entitled to your opinion, as is everyone else.

You-Eh-Vee on September 19, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I think she is excellent at the urban yodeling. Very excellent indeed.

happytobehere on September 19, 2012 at 3:49 PM

—————

Lol. Never heard it called that before.

Politricks on September 19, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Okay I see we have two camps here on this girl. I will just give my opinion with out taking sides. PERSONALLY I enjoyed it for a few reasons. The first is that someone that young would even choose a Nina Simone song as oppossed to a Lady Gaga song impressed me. Second while it may not technically be a perfect performance I like the way the young lady got into the song and gave emotion to it. Third and most important she is only 13 and her voice has not fully matured so give her time to work with the experts on the show and see what she becomes. And firth and most important I NEVER disagree with MKH on matters of taste.

JKotthoff on September 19, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Good*

* – for 13

Ronnie on September 19, 2012 at 3:58 PM

thatsafactjack on September 19, 2012 at 3:53 PM

He’s a bigoted black professor, who succeeded in life based on what Obama did, the hue of their skin.

Yes, I know he’s racist, even on what music he likes.

However, the singers he picks are all da*n good. Or, to be more in tune with what art is…eye of the beholder…I like them.

Btw, I never mind when anyone disagrees. I hate nothing more than clubs. Like Groucho Marx “I won’t join one which wants me”.

Schadenfreude on September 19, 2012 at 4:00 PM

You-Eh-Vee on September 19, 2012 at 3:54 PM

LOL. Fair enough.

mrsknightley on September 19, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Wow!

mbabbitt on September 19, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Wow.

ButterflyDragon on September 19, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Schadenfreude on September 19, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Good. Then we’re still friends. :)

thatsafactjack on September 19, 2012 at 4:03 PM

My wife just told all you nay-sayers to sit down and feel her wrath. Trust me, you don’t want to mess with Mrs Limerick. I don’t.

Limerick on September 19, 2012 at 4:03 PM

I don’t claim to be a genius, but I have gotten paid to sing.

mrsknightley on September 19, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Send us a link so we can comment on your singing.

Buttercup on September 19, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Hi Jackie,
Email me at cynccook@gmail.com, will you? ;)

cynccook on September 19, 2012 at 4:05 PM

What useless crap / chickification.

rayra on September 19, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Chill… There will always be another law about to be passed at any moment, that will strip our freedom away. And we will fight them one by one… What we won’t do is obsess to the point of losing focus on what it’s all about. What it is about; is young Americans like this little “chick” chasing her dreams. So take a moment and enjoy something that isn’t shrill Mr. Dean. You will win no one over with your insistent and derogatory remarks.

In case you weren’t aware this website is dedicated to Politics, Culture and Media. Not just Politics. In fact it is the view points of people like Ms. Ham, Allah, and Ed on Cultural things like this that truly show where their heart lays. The true measure of a person is not just the letter after their name or the checkbox beside it.

I appreciate that you’re doing your part to defend the rights of those who defend ours, I would just ask you to take a more positive approach… Everything said here reflects on us as a whole. I can honestly say that HotAir.com is no where near the viper pit that the Huffington post or even MSNBC’s own comments section is.

For example you could have said She’s cute but not nearly as cute as what democrats are trying to get away with yada yada link… See what I did there? I didn’t piss anyone off and I lead them to the link. Now you try.

Kaptain Amerika on September 19, 2012 at 4:06 PM

The maturity of Carly’s voice is way beyond a 13yo. And Carly isn’t completely right about Britney Spears having once been where she is–Britney Spears never sang anything even close to that. So ironic that Britney, the judge who can’t sing a lick, is judging Carly who puts the judge’s voice to shame.

stukinIL4now on September 19, 2012 at 4:07 PM

@Buttercup – I’d tell you it was before the advent of file posting, but you probably wouldn’t believe me.

mrsknightley on September 19, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Great taste in music and she’s got plenty of talent and potential but I agree, she was a bit flat on a couple of notes. On the other hand, she can sell a song. One doesn’t have to be pitch perfect to be a good performer – Edith Piaf and Bob Dylan are proof of that, but yeah, she’d probably be better served practicing scales than working on trills and bluesy flourishes. It’s easy to see and hear why she wowed the judges – she did a creditable job on difficult song associated with a great jazz singer. Was it perfect? No.

The people whining about how it’s not nice to criticize the young lady aren’t doing her any favors. Patting kids on the head and telling them how wonderful they are got us Barack Obama.

rokemronnie on September 19, 2012 at 4:09 PM

rokemronnie on September 19, 2012 at 4:09 PM

When Barry sings like that I’ll switch over.

Limerick on September 19, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Look out, Adele! Almost as good as that British tenor kid.

Sekhmet on September 19, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Something very off-putting about little girls singing songs way beyond their life experiences.

rrpjr on September 19, 2012 at 4:12 PM

rrpjr on September 19, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Which would have gotten her where today? She saw the bull, grabbed the horns and said “Say Uncle”! She has her vision, it might not be yours, but she is free to choose it.

Limerick on September 19, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Limerick on September 19, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Fair enough. She’s got a great set of pipes. But I can’t get lost in a soulful song about loss or pain from a little girl. It’s like some pre-pubescent boy singing Sinatra. It doesn’t work on the meta-level of immersion and meaning.

rrpjr on September 19, 2012 at 4:20 PM