Quotes of the day

posted at 10:53 pm on September 19, 2012 by Allahpundit

“The last several years you’ve seen greater and greater divisiveness in this country,” said the GOP hopeful. “We had hoped to come back together. But instead you’ve seen us pull apart. And politics has driven us apart in some respects. So my campaign is about the 100 percent of America. And I’m concerned about them. I’m concerned about the fact that over the last four years life has become harder for Americans.”

Romney didn’t explicitly reference his now-famous comments about “the 47 percent,” but he sought to draw a difference between targeting potential supporters and wanting to help the entire country.

“I know I’m not going to get 100 percent of the vote, And my campaign will focus on those people we think we can bring in to support me,” he said. “But this is a campaign about helping people who need help, and right now the people who are poor in this country need help getting out of poverty, the people in the middle-class need help because their incomes have gone down every year for the last four years.”

***

What I explained to them and what I think the media misses is that many of the people the media would claim Mitt Romney described as “victims’ weren’t who Mitt Romney was speaking about. And those people intrinsically know it. They may technically fall into the category Mitt Romney described as government dependent victims, but they know he’s not talking about them. He’s talking about the people they also are talking about.

But more than that, and this is really what the left and media miss, a fair number of those people in the 47% are not there by choice. They are there by Barack Obama’s economic policies. And they absolutely understand that Barack Obama’s policies got them there. All they need to hear from Mitt Romney is that he really does get it and really will fix the problem, not just manage the decline of the nation as his primary opponents claimed he would.

That off the cuff, off the record talk was what they needed to hear. Mitt Romney recognizes we have a problem with government dependency, as do a majority of Americans. But more importantly, Mitt Romney will improve the lives of that 47% by growing the private sector, not redistributing pieces of the economic pie.

***

There will always be some who for whatever reason find themselves dependent on the charity of others. But when half the population is along for the ride, the system becomes dangerously out of balance. Things fall apart.

This isn’t right-wing theorizing. Decent neighborhoods collapse this way. So do whole societies.

Romney should say this. Loudly and often and without embarrassment. As he suggested at his secretly videotaped fundraiser in Boca Raton, America is at the tipping point. Many Americans sense this, and not just conservatives but independents and hard-working Democrats and anyone else who understands the degrading and destabilizing effects of dependency. Romney’s remarks are defensible. He should defend them.

***

You do have to wonder if anything the media have propounded as political wisdom has been right. No one gets everything right in a campaign, but if a pundit or reporter got most of these wrong, why pay any attention?

Here we sit with Romney as the presidential nominee. Ryan energized his ticket, was a hit with the base and has put Wisconsin in play. None of the supposed “gaffes” have changed the course of the race. Romney never released more tax returns than he initially promised. Eastwood’s “empty chair” was a hit with the base. The DNC bounce is gone. One of the most effective arguments the Republicans have made is that Obama took $716 billion from Medicare to pay for Obamacare. Obama fell in foreign policy approval in the latest Wall Street Journal-NBC poll, and attention is now turned to whether the administration was lying when it said the attacks were spontaneous and all about an anti-Muslim movie.

So when the media mavens on the right and left are in hysterics over Romney’s 47 percent remarks, think how accurate the media’s judgment has been. Consider whether the pundits think everything is a disaster for Romney and just don’t like him.

***

“The question of this campaign is not who cares about the poor and the middle class,” said Romney during a fundraising event at an Atlanta hotel.

“I do. He does,” Romney continued, a reference to himself and to President Obama.

“The question is who can help the poor and the middle class,” he said. “I can. He can’t.”…

“He really believes in what I’ll call a government-centered society,” Romney said. “I know there are some who believe that if you simply take from some and give to others, then we’ll all be better off. It’s known as redistribution. It’s never been a characteristic of America. There’s a tape that came out just a couple of days ago where the president said, yes, he believes in redistribution. I don’t. I believe the way to lift people and help people have higher incomes is not to take from some and give to others, but to create wealth for all of us.”

***

“You look at all of the front pages of a lot of these so-called conservative websites and they’re moaning and groaning about how Romney has lost it. But out here in the heartland, outside of that bubble, people aren’t paying attention to what [Mother Jones writer] David Corn is saying.”

***

Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7 8

I’m sorry, RedCrow. You and Dire are going to have to play nice. I’m partial to you both! :)

thatsafactjack on September 20, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Ahh…Very well…If I hadn’t have tried to strangle him in the womb, I don’t think I’d be quite so partial to him.

But, guess I’m stuck with the SOB. (He was first, ya see.)

Have to trust in Armegeddon.

RedCrow on September 20, 2012 at 2:32 AM

(Not quite as gentle……But less makeup.)

RedCrow on September 20, 2012 at 2:27 AM

You aren’t going to let that eye makeup thing go, are you? :)

Axe on September 20, 2012 at 2:33 AM

I’m out…

and here’s a challenge to all the patriots on here:

this election is much CLOSER than it should be and we can’t afford to lose…

Everyone needs to do everything that can. Volunteer, donate, make phone calls, do lit drops, letters to the editor, etc.

Time to throw it all on the table. Do you want to have any regrets saying I could’ve done more or will you do everything you can to save this country for your kids and grandchildren?

LevinFan on September 20, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Voting for the lesser of two evils condones evil.

FloatingRock on September 20, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Well, no. Voting for the lesser of two evils condones less evil. Or to state it more accurately– the principle of double effect in moral theology: in a less than perfect world, sometimes an act can produce both a good and evil effect at the same time. It is sometimes necessary to perform such an act, for the purpose of doing good in order to mitigate or eliminate the greater evil. This is the moral foundation of killing in self-defense or in defense of others and just-war theory. “Killing” and “war” are not generally regarded as inherently “good” things, but they are good things in opposition to worse things.

If you can reach the conclusion that removing Obama from office is a greater good than the potential evil of placing Romney in office, you’ll understand how and why quite a few of us are voting for Romney.

de rigueur on September 20, 2012 at 2:33 AM

“Look sir, QOTD!”

QOTD !!!! ……

“On second thought,let’s not go to QOTD. It is a silly place.”

PolAgnostic on September 20, 2012 at 2:34 AM

“Roll… and I’ll just.. feel somethin’:

thatsafactjack on September 20, 2012 at 2:28 AM

God Bless America I love that song, Jackie!
Exit question: What’s more American than “Hard to Be” by the Vaughan bros?

RedCrow on September 20, 2012 at 2:34 AM

jrsrigmvr on September 20, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Not a particular Elton John fan. Nice tune, though.

thatsafactjack on September 20, 2012 at 2:35 AM

WTF, now I must put on the daddy pants and insist you mind your tone.

No, voting for him is the least I can do. And the least I intend to.

You sound like another mindless drone taking things for granted.

Yeah, so much to ask to fight to save your country!

LevinFan on September 20, 2012 at 2:36 AM

You aren’t going to let that eye makeup thing go, are you? :)

Axe on September 20, 2012 at 2:33 AM

No. No more than I’m going to stop trying to give you sonic wedgies.

RedCrow on September 20, 2012 at 2:36 AM

RedCrow on September 20, 2012 at 2:34 AM

I’d be hard pressed to say, RedCrow! Glad you enjoyed it!:)

thatsafactjack on September 20, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Axe on September 20, 2012 at 2:33 AM

No. No more than I’m going to stop trying to give you sonic wedgies.

RedCrow on September 20, 2012 at 2:36 AM

PS–It’s got to hurt when the “wedger” has more eyeliner on than your mom!

RedCrow on September 20, 2012 at 2:37 AM

1. “o no” unrelated to resist’s post.

2. time’s up.

3. see you guys … soon.

*poof*

Axe on September 20, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Axe on September 20, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Goodnight, Axe. Sleep well. :)

thatsafactjack on September 20, 2012 at 2:39 AM

hatsafactjack on September 20, 2012 at 2:35 AM

sorry I was hunting for floating rock.
The whiskey is overtaking me tonight.
Fred

jrsrigmvr on September 20, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Gravity

thatsafactjack on September 20, 2012 at 2:39 AM

thatsafactjack on September 20, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Of course, you have to listen to this.

(PS–The ciggy in his mouth makes him that much cooler, IMO.)

RedCrow on September 20, 2012 at 2:40 AM

*unpoof*

PS–It’s got to hurt when the “wedger” has more eyeliner on than your mom!

RedCrow on September 20, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Freak. :)

*repoof*

Axe on September 20, 2012 at 2:40 AM

jrsrigmvr on September 20, 2012 at 2:39 AM

No harm, no foul, my friend.:)

thatsafactjack on September 20, 2012 at 2:40 AM

I bid you all a goodnight. Its been a pleasure, as always. See you soon.

“Keep yourselves where the light is.” :)

thatsafactjack on September 20, 2012 at 2:41 AM

RedCrow on September 20, 2012 at 2:32 AM

*sigh* Another great band that met its demise way too soon because of the front man!!..:)

Dire Straits on September 20, 2012 at 2:42 AM

RedCrow on September 20, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Sheer poetry in motion. And, yes…it does. :)

Goodnight, RedCrow. See you soon. :)

thatsafactjack on September 20, 2012 at 2:42 AM

I’m out…

and here’s a challenge to all the patriots on here:

this election is much CLOSER than it should be and we can’t afford to lose…

LevinFan on September 20, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Everybody read this 5 times. Get involved any way you can. We must flush the lying Obama Jackal into the sewer system with the DNC latrine rats.

SparkPlug on September 20, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Ados: vaya con dios

jrsrigmvr on September 20, 2012 at 2:46 AM

(PS–The ciggy in his mouth makes him that much cooler, IMO.)

RedCrow on September 20, 2012 at 2:40 AM

The “cool” effect is displayed by the drummer here!!..:)

Dire Straits on September 20, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Dire Straits:

Yeah, miss the Drudge radio show and, when I could catch it, the Drudge tv show. Someone told me he left Fox because they wouldn’t let him air a picture of a 4-5 month old fetus.

de rigueur on September 20, 2012 at 2:47 AM

If your up and your bored, watch this documentary…it’s amazing.

“Dreams From My Real Father”

dom89031 on September 20, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Insult the prophet and you get faux rage and an excuse to riot (and a unplanned terrorist attack)…

Speak the truth (47%) and you get caterwauling and emotional claptrap…

Gohawgs on September 20, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Yeah, whatever…F*** All Ya M*****F******!!!
(Just kidding. I love all of you. Have a great slumber. Hugs-n-kisses!)
(Just kidding. It was instructional “talking” politics with all (well, some) of you HA’ers. I look forward to doing it another time, when I’m not gathering provisions for our upcoming doom.

RedCrow on September 20, 2012 at 2:50 AM

At night HOTAir is Happily Off Topic Air

SparkPlug on September 20, 2012 at 2:50 AM

The “cool” effect is displayed by the drummer here!!..:)

Dire Straits on September 20, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Thought for sure it was going to be Rush!

RedCrow on September 20, 2012 at 2:51 AM

PS Dire:
When I was a kid, Mad magazine did a parody on them called “Cheap Truck”.
Very funny.

RedCrow on September 20, 2012 at 2:52 AM

thatsafactjack on September 20, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Later!..Enjoyed it!..:)

Dire Straits on September 20, 2012 at 2:54 AM

RedCrow on September 20, 2012 at 2:52 AM

LoLz..:)

Dire Straits on September 20, 2012 at 2:55 AM

That reminds me.

Muhammed was a bed wetter whose soul was black as coal,

And every where Muhammed went he left a trail of woe.

SparkPlug on September 20, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Thought for sure it was going to be Rush!

RedCrow on September 20, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Neil Peart is the best!!..:)

Dire Straits on September 20, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Gohawgs on September 20, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Good point!! But wait a minute!!..Team Obie said the rioting was caused by a movie trailer or something like that..:)

Dire Straits on September 20, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Neil Peart is the best!!..:)

Dire Straits on September 20, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Yes. That’s what I hear.
(For all I know, he is the best. Still, how much can we “drum-up” for the drummer? (“Don’t drop that Strat, Neil!”))

RedCrow on September 20, 2012 at 3:03 AM

RedCrow on September 20, 2012 at 2:50 AM

Later..Enjoyed it as always..:)

Dire Straits on September 20, 2012 at 3:03 AM

RedCrow on September 20, 2012 at 2:50 AM

lolz..I hear you..:)

Dire Straits on September 20, 2012 at 3:04 AM

lolz..I hear you..:)

Dire Straits on September 20, 2012 at 3:04 AM

I was thinking that that might be my new sign-off.
Dunno, should probably run it past Jackie, ya know, get another opinion.

RedCrow on September 20, 2012 at 3:07 AM

Why muslims riot, maim and kill over any depictions of their “prophet“…

Gohawgs on September 20, 2012 at 3:07 AM

Listen to this…

RedCrow on September 20, 2012 at 3:09 AM

/(O)\
\—–/
.\…/.
..\./..

This is a picture of Muhammid wearing a diaper that was published in France or something.

SparkPlug on September 20, 2012 at 3:12 AM

(..)
~^

Muhammid picks his nose.

SparkPlug on September 20, 2012 at 3:14 AM

Sorry I’m late with this..We need to honor a legend..RIP Steve..

Dire Straits on September 20, 2012 at 3:19 AM

Dunno, should probably run it past Jackie, ya know, get another opinion.

RedCrow on September 20, 2012 at 3:07 AM

lolz..I would run that by Jackie for her opinion!..:)

Dire Straits on September 20, 2012 at 3:22 AM

Sorry I’m late with this..We need to honor a legend..RIP Steve..

Dire Straits on September 20, 2012 at 3:19 AM

I’ve had the main theme, Classic Battle, as my ringtone for a couple of years now. Classic.

Good on ya’ for remembering that good man. RIP, Steve.

RedCrow on September 20, 2012 at 3:25 AM

riddle me this

would you rather Jesus Christ or the Prophet Mohhamed wax spiritual to your nine year old daughter?

Slade73 on September 20, 2012 at 3:27 AM

RedCrow on September 20, 2012 at 3:25 AM

PS–Neither the father or son had any formal music training. Nor formal cinematography training.

I think they just loved football.

RedCrow on September 20, 2012 at 3:27 AM

If debates historically have not effect on races, why did Rick Perry fall from near 60 percent to an afterthought after his heartless comment?

Slade73 on September 20, 2012 at 3:28 AM

I think they just loved football.

RedCrow on September 20, 2012 at 3:27 AM

I agree..Their films are classics..Great work and a national treasure !..:)

PS..Cool ringtone!..:)

Dire Straits on September 20, 2012 at 3:40 AM

\\|//

me giving Mohhammed the middle digit

although I suppose it resembles the old twig and berries too

Slade73 on September 20, 2012 at 3:49 AM

awwwwww

it got messed up

someone get me a good middle finger salute! do it now

Slade73 on September 20, 2012 at 3:50 AM

۝
ºº

Ө

Mohammaobama chows down on a barbecue pork sammich.

viking01 on September 20, 2012 at 3:53 AM

“So Long Muslim World, And Thanks For All The Fish!”

M2RB: KoRn

Resist We Much on September 20, 2012 at 4:31 AM

I guess this now makes the readers of Mother Jones now the (slow) Children of the Corn….

viking01 on September 20, 2012 at 4:37 AM

spit wit’ quick elastic

Slade73 on September 20, 2012 at 4:47 AM

Obama black off

official challenge

Slade73 on September 20, 2012 at 4:47 AM

:( no takers

spitting phat rhymes is super

Slade73 on September 20, 2012 at 5:48 AM

Voting for the lesser of two evils condones evil.

FloatingRock on September 20, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Wow, you blew my mind with your logic (or lack of it thereof)…. I hope your living does not depends on your analytical and logical abilities coz you have none, 0, nada, zilch…

jimver on September 20, 2012 at 6:02 AM

Floating rock graduated from a liberal arts college

they’ve no use for logic there

Slade73 on September 20, 2012 at 6:06 AM

Mitt should state another truth:

that women are more emotionally susceptible (the young ones and far too often the older ones) so they sympathize with false woman warring rhetoric.

I propose the famous saying, “if you’re not a democrat at 20 you don’t have a heart. If you’re not a republican by 30 you don’t have a brain,” doesn’t apply to women as a rule.

Slade73 on September 20, 2012 at 6:24 AM

Regarding Obama’s reaction to “Arab Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter, etc., here’s my take.

kingsjester on September 20, 2012 at 6:35 AM

The bald bug-eyed slobbering bouncing Politico Mike Allen on Moaning Joe:

[attending a fundraiser when Romney raised 4 million dollars]
“We polled 10 people who attended and Joe, not one thought Romney would win!!!”

Once again it’s gloom and doom for Romney (Mike Allen: “They think the debates will matter…..”) and not one word about the boob in the White House meeting with pirates.

Marcus on September 20, 2012 at 6:36 AM

“We polled 10 people who attended and Joe, not one thought Romney would win!!!”

Typical Politico by the way: present an un-verifiable story, present it as breaking hard news of doom for Romney.

Marcus on September 20, 2012 at 6:39 AM

Holder contracted
wit’ MMfA hacktastic
plastic Obot fanatics

Holder redacted
furiously and spastic
fasta’ than the Atlantic
receded with O’s pedantic

inauguration speech
when he promised to be
the greatest president
in the halls of history

Slade73 on September 20, 2012 at 6:42 AM

Slade73 on September 20, 2012 at 6:24 AM

Um, I don’t think your suggestions are good ones. You want Mitt to respond to Obama’s “war on ” idiocy with sexist generalizations about how women are “emotional?” I don’t think so.

bluegill on September 20, 2012 at 6:42 AM

Obama fell in foreign policy approval in the latest Wall Street Journal-NBC poll, and attention is now turned to whether the fact his administration was lying bloody well lied when it said the attacks were spontaneous and all about an anti-Muslim movie.

State it more bluntly Ms Rubin.

Basilsbest on September 20, 2012 at 6:45 AM

bluegill on September 20, 2012 at 6:42 AM

yeah, it was more of a bad joke than an actual suggestion

still, very true

Slade73 on September 20, 2012 at 6:48 AM

and women are emotional

natch

Slade73 on September 20, 2012 at 6:50 AM

yeah, it was more of a bad joke than an actual suggestion

still, very true

Slade73 on September 20, 2012 at 6:48 AM

Ok, sorry. gotcha.

bluegill on September 20, 2012 at 6:51 AM

This whole election is making me sick to my stomach. So sickening to see how the news media does everything it can to protect Obama.

What a relief it will be when Obama is voted out. What a celebration that will inspire the morning of Nov 7. Can’t wait.

bluegill on September 20, 2012 at 6:58 AM

bluegill on September 20, 2012 at 6:58 AM

The 2008 election should have been a clue .

But you romneybots couldn’t stop trashing Palin.

GOP and Romney should have been prepared for this.

the_nile on September 20, 2012 at 7:09 AM

I have had disagreements with Malkin in the past…but she is absolutely correct here.

Instapundit has a synopsis to the new Washington Examiner piece about the real Obama:

From the introduction:

“Beyond the spin and polls, a starkly different picture emerges. It is a portrait of a man quite unlike his image, not a visionary reformer, but a classic Chicago machine pol.”

Chapter 1: A childhood of privilege, not hardship

Michelle Obama says “Barack and I were both raised by families who didn’t have much in the way of money or possessions.” In fact, for much of his life, Barack Obama has enjoyed privileges and opportunities denied to most Americans.

Chapter 2: Myth of the ‘rock star’ professor

Though initially popular as a University of Chicago Law School adjunct lecturer, he was not ranking among the top professors, according to student evaluations.

Chapter 3: The 1997 speech that launched Obama

His 2004 Democratic National Convention speech got the big headlines, but a previously unreported 1997 Obama speech did far more to launch him with big backers with big bucks.

Chapter 4: For the slumlord’s defense, Barack Obama, Esq.

It was a frigid January and the slumlord who put his tenants on the street without going through the required eviction process got off with a $50 fine. His lawyer went on to be elected president of the United States.

Chapter 5: Obama’s toughest critics on the Left

Long before he ran for president, radical critics accused Obama of selling out Chicago’s poor to the Daley political machine.

Chapter 6: The poor people Obama left behind

Altgeld Gardens housing advocate Hazel Johnson welcomed the young Obama into her kitchen. Then she never heard from him again after he won his first election.

Chapter 7: The myth of Obama as state senate reformer

When the real reformers asked for his help, State Sen. Barack Obama was nowhere to be found.

Chapter 8: Obama’s state pension fund scheme

It worked for Rev. Jesse Jackson against the Fortune 500, so State Sen. Barack Obama used it to get millions for his friends from Illinois’ biggest public employee pension funds.

Chapter 9: Obama’s Arab-American network

Syrian emigrant Tony Rezko had lots of Arab-American friends in the Chicago business community who shared his enthusiasm for Barack Obama.

Chapter 10: Obama brings Chicago politics to Washington

Surprised by Solyndra? Don’t be, it’s just one of many examples that demonstrate Barack Obama is doing things in Washington the same way he did them in Chicago.

Terrye on September 20, 2012 at 7:13 AM

The 2008 election should have been a clue .

But you romneybots couldn’t stop trashing Palin.

GOP and Romney should have been prepared for this.

the_nile on September 20, 2012 at 7:09 AM

Believe it or not everything is not about Palin. I supported Palin..I wanted Palin and McCain to win. I spent hours and hours defending Sarah Palin. Now I am supporting Romney because I want Romney to win…why? Because I think it will be better for my country. My country is my biggest concern..not some petty vendetta or sniping back stabbing and childish tantrum. That is what your remark sounds like..Petty and childish.

Terrye on September 20, 2012 at 7:17 AM

State it more bluntly Ms Rubin.

Basilsbest on September 20, 2012 at 6:45 AM

She can be pretty blunt and the liberals who read the Washington Post are vicious to her in her comments.

Terrye on September 20, 2012 at 7:19 AM

First!

27 comments or bust.

Bishop on September 20, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Terrye on September 20, 2012 at 7:17 AM

Well , true! , but the targeting of Palin wasn’t about Palin either , that’s what mittbots doesn’t understand.

Media was targeting a popular and powerful conservative force.

Mitt supporters thought if they sold out Palin , the media would love them.

Now they learn it doesnt work that way. Idiots.

the_nile on September 20, 2012 at 7:22 AM

the_nile on September 20, 2012 at 7:22 AM

The MSM will always target the biggest threat to their candidate of choice.

kingsjester on September 20, 2012 at 7:27 AM

But you romneybots couldn’t stop trashing Palin.

the_nile on September 20, 2012 at 7:09 AM

Oh, please, enough with the “romneybot” stupidity. The expiration date on that silly, so-called insult was many months ago. Sadly, I have a feeling that some of the more hardcore Palin-obsessed people are actually hoping for an Obama win, simply out of spite. And I say this as someone who proudly supported Palin in 2008. Unfortunately for these people (who are a small minority of Palin supporters, to be clear), Obama is going down and going down hard.

It’s going to be a tense next 50 days, but we’ll get through it… and the reward on the morning of November 7 will be more than worth it. :-)

bluegill on September 20, 2012 at 7:31 AM

Mitt supporters thought if they sold out Palin , the media would love them.

Now they learn it doesnt work that way. Idiots.

the_nile on September 20, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Not sure what world you’ve been living in, but NOBODY SOLD OUT Palin. Besides, as has been detailed numerous times here and elsewhere, the woman hasn’t exactly been a force for unity in the Republican Party and among conservatives in the last year. But that’s not really important at this point. Maybe you think not bowing down to and not worshiping Palin is the same as selling her out. Who knows. At this point it’s just silly for you to hang on to your strange, unfounded, petty animosity. Let it go. Get outside the temple of St. Palin the Victimized every now and then.

bluegill on September 20, 2012 at 7:37 AM

Voting for the lesser of two evils condones evil.

FloatingRock on September 20, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Apparently you think your wife chose the lessor of two evils…

right2bright on September 20, 2012 at 7:37 AM

Senator Tom Coburn was BRILLIANT on Morning Joe. BRILLIANT.

Discussing a billion dollar “Put Veterans to Work” bill that was defeated:

Coburn: It was ridiculous. We have FOUR agencies already to put veterans to work. This was a “temporary” program and there is no such thing. Everybody rushed to spend another BILLION without asking why the other four agencies aren’t working.

Mike Barnacle: Yes, but how can we put veterans to work? It’s disgusting.

Coburn: You have four agencies for this.

Willie Coburn: Yes, but how can we put veterans to work?

Coburn: (angry now) Listen, you put veterans to work like everybody else. Get the government out of controlling small businesses and let them grow the economy. Lower taxes. That’s how you put veterans to work.

Marcus on September 20, 2012 at 7:42 AM

bluegill on September 20, 2012 at 7:37 AM

renalin on September 20, 2012 at 7:51 AM

renalin on September 20, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Sorry, I don’t click on outside links from known Obama-supporting trolls like you, Renalin. But thanks for the thought.

bluegill on September 20, 2012 at 7:56 AM

bluegill on September 20, 2012 at 6:42 AM

and women are emotional

natch

Slade73 on September 20, 2012 at 6:50 AM

SOME women.

Resist We Much on September 20, 2012 at 7:58 AM

Black Sabbath

thatsafactjack on September 20, 2012 at 2:07 AM

The better half approves of this message.

Bmore on September 20, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Senator Tom Coburn was BRILLIANT on Morning Joe. BRILLIANT.

Marcus on September 20, 2012 at 7:42 AM

That’s like lauding a sixth-grader for coloring better than those in pre-school. Anybody with two brain cells to rub together looks brilliant among the stupid people that inhabit Morning Joe.

Happy Nomad on September 20, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Can someone please explain the pirate picture on Drudge?

What’s the background on that? Sorry, I’ve been kind of out of it the last couple days.

bluegill on September 20, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Marcus on September 20, 2012 at 7:42 AM

Given this supposed minister’s role in last year’s riots in Afghanistan, where people died, and given his apparent or his alleged role in this film, where, not yet nailed down, but at least one American, perhaps the American ambassador is dead, it might be time for the Department of Justice to start viewing his role as an accessory before or after the fact.

- Mike Barnicle, 12 September 2012

No investigation necessary: Mike Barnicle is an idiot.

Resist We Much on September 20, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Idiots.

the_nile on September 20, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Res ipsa loquitur.

Resist We Much on September 20, 2012 at 8:05 AM

bluegill on September 20, 2012 at 8:01 AM

I couldn’t resist the enlightenment, so I clicked.

What you missed was a vid of Elizabeth Warren’s Cherokee tribal brethren celebrating the ” evolution” of Oliar’s Gay marriage position and his decision to support gay marriage- for now.

Wtf though.

FlaMurph on September 20, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Sorry, I’ve been kind of out of it the last couple days. since Christ wore knickers.

bluegill on September 20, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Too easy.

Naturally Curly on September 20, 2012 at 8:09 AM

I couldn’t resist the enlightenment, so I clicked.

Wtf though.

FlaMurph on September 20, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Ok, hehe, I just had to see what you were talking about. :-) Nice description.

I see the video title is “crow dance,” which can only mean that the Obama supporter Renalin is signaling that he is prepared to eat crow after Obama loses. It was big of him to admit that. I have to give him that.

bluegill on September 20, 2012 at 8:12 AM

Over at “The Corner” Richard Brookhiser observed:

Oh, come on…

So Mitt passed gas once upon a time, and the world has ended?

The incumbent’s Middle Eastern policy is bursting at every seam, he is the most anti-fetus president ever, and he has been sitting on the economy like a 400 lb. man. The first smirches his one evident achievement; the second energizes the opposing bases, though unhappily for Obama the pro-life base is larger; the third depresses everyone.

I attended the largest rally of the 1984 election. It was held in front of Dubrow’s cafeteria in the Garment District. It was for Walter Mondale, who didn’t even carry New York State.

Chin up, eyes on the fundamentals, and turn down the clatter.

onlineanalyst on September 20, 2012 at 8:32 AM

bluegill on September 20, 2012 at 7:37 AM

When Palin was accused for the gifford shooting , GOP DID SELL OUT to the media, and you romneybots were in on that.

Now you cry over how media treats Romney. You feed them.

the_nile on September 20, 2012 at 8:36 AM

the_nile on September 20, 2012 at 8:36 AM

You are delusional. Not much more needs to be said. OF COURSE Palin had nothing to do with the Giffords shooting. You need to get over your Palin victimization thing where you think everyone is supposedly “in on” trying to bring down Palin. It’s getting kind of weird.

Chin up, eyes on the fundamentals, and turn down the clatter.

onlineanalyst on September 20, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Exactly.

Remember when people were freaking out over the now-dissipated Dem convention (Clinton speech) poll bounce for Obama? We’ll probably have some bad weeks in the next month and a half, but so will the Obama campaign. And the best day of all for us will be the election result.

bluegill on September 20, 2012 at 8:48 AM

I’m confused about the Romney video. Where are all the ums and ahs?

ricnrolle on September 20, 2012 at 9:06 AM

So much for Carter’s grandson hoping this was somehow going to make him a star or something. Romney spoke the truth.

scalleywag on September 20, 2012 at 9:47 AM