WSJ/NBC poll: Obama 50, Romney 45

posted at 8:01 pm on September 18, 2012 by Allahpundit

The sample: 42D/37R/16I, or D+5. That’s not bad for an outfit that’s had some truly dreadful samples so far this year, but it’s still a few points bluer than election day is likely to be. The poll was conducted from September 12 to 16, too, which means it’s missed the last few days of Obama’s disappearing bounce. No telling what’ll happen once the “47 percent” comments are priced in, but these numbers aren’t remotely as bad as you’d expect from all the media shrieking over Romney’s Libya comments last week. In fact, it’s O who’s taken a hit on foreign policy: He’s down 12 points, to just 41 percent, on that question among independents since last month’s poll.

So what’s keeping him afloat? The, er … economy:

According to the survey, 39 percent of registered voters say the country is on the right track, versus 55 percent who say it’s on the wrong track.

That right-track number is a 7-point increase from August, and it’s the highest percentage on this question since Sept. 2009.

Forty-two percent of voters also believe the economy will improve in the next 12 months, which is a 6-point jump from August, and a 15-point rise from July.

What’s more, 47 percent of registered voters approve of the president’s handling of the economy – up 3 points from last month. Obama’s overall job-approval rating stands at 50 percent for the first time since March.

He’s now tied with Romney on the economy at 43. Note the trendline here too:

I have no idea how to explain that surge in optimism except to treat it as a gift to O from Bill Clinton, whose speech in defense of Dem-onomics is probably the single biggest thing driving Obama’s convention bounce. As we know from Gallup, though, the bounce is already fading, so unless we get a surprisingly rosy jobs report next month, expect this number to deflate by the time of the next (and final) WSJ/NBC poll. Exit quotation from the WSJ write-up: “At the same time, Mr. Romney leads the president by 3 percentage points among voters who rate themselves highly interested in the race, an advantage that could make a difference in who casts ballots on Election Day.”

Update: Almost forgot: A few readers e-mailed about this WaPo poll of Virginia today showing Obama up by eight(!) among likely voters — based on a sample of D+9. In 2008 on election day, it was only D+6; Obama ended up winning the state by six points. He’s ahead there right now, but most other recent polls have him up five points, not eight.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Dims: Looking at the burned out consulate in Libya…Love what ya did with the place.

d1carter on September 18, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Whatever it takes…

Electrongod on September 18, 2012 at 8:04 PM

DEWEY WINS!!!

waterytart on September 18, 2012 at 8:04 PM

It’s a D+7 poll… D+5 when including leaners. Completely useless as per the norm.

njrob on September 18, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Sorry, don’t believe it.

J.E. Dyer on September 18, 2012 at 8:05 PM

dumb, we will win.

rob verdi on September 18, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I hope the polls have Obama up by a few, clear into Nov. 6.

I love cocky and delusional leftists.

Schadenfreude on September 18, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Not buying it, sorry.

JPeterman on September 18, 2012 at 8:06 PM

D+26?

rayra on September 18, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Any year but 2010 right?

Jvette on September 18, 2012 at 8:08 PM

What a crock of crap.

How many of these dead-tree-based polls have actually surveyed the actual party structure like Rasmussen does to understand if their sample actually means something?

KingGold on September 18, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Let’s face it.Most pollsters are in the tank for the Socialist,and are using the polls as just another media weapon to boost the Obamao candidacy.

redware on September 18, 2012 at 8:09 PM

thatsafactjack on September 18, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Why are the pollsters using decreasing numbers of independents as we get closer to Election Day? Is there a serious, academic reason for it (people finally choosing sides?), or are they reading tea leaves and chicken entrails to choose their numbers?

I’m serious about wanting to know if there’s a real reason. I’m a math guy. Lay the jargon on as thick as you like. I can take it.

JimLennon on September 18, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Goal of Republicans = pay no taxes. Ire of the Republicans = people who pay no taxes. Sign me up for 4 years of this kind of common sense thinking.

Mmm...Burritos on September 18, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Allahpundit,

Seriously dude, just come clean and tell us you are a Democrat operative.

Your articles are the most negative, navel gazing, party deprecating crap I have ever read. Were you and David Brooks college roommates?

mitchellvii on September 18, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Schadenfreude on September 18, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Yes. Let’s keep them that way.

thatsafactjack on September 18, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I conducted a poll outside the local welfare office today. It’s Obama in a landslide. *Whaddaya mean, my sample is skewed?*

predator on September 18, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I’m not buying it either.

Fish on September 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Looks like the R’s are going to lose big. Capitulate now and concede the Nation to the left. Its our only hope. No one likes to work anyway. Just take all the wealth and give it away to the ones that hate work. We don’t need an economy. We have all we need in The 0 Economy™! Lay down your arms, crash your spirit. You know you weak kneed ones want to. Leave the Nation to ruin. We’re doomed.

Bmore on September 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM

predator on September 18, 2012 at 8:10 PM

LOL! Excellent.

thatsafactjack on September 18, 2012 at 8:12 PM

The sample: 42D/37R/16I…, or D+5.

mmmm!…how come most Indy people I know…used to be Democrats?

KOOLAID2 on September 18, 2012 at 8:12 PM

JimLennon on September 18, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Because that would show Romney up by 5?

We can’t have that happen, now could we?

JPeterman on September 18, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Oooops, looks like I forgot my sarc tag. Bet you thought I was a troll for second there, didn’t ya? Come on admit, just for a second. ; )

Bmore on September 18, 2012 at 8:13 PM

That’s kind of nutty. There appears to be, maybe, 0% resolve for Obama’s various columns among independents. At least that one.

Axe on September 18, 2012 at 8:13 PM

WSJ/NBC Polls are mathematical garbage. If you must tout polls at least find a few with at least minimal credibility. If the fools in this country believe those polls and persist in demanding their nanny/welfare state then let them have it and this country won’t last another decade. I say to hell with it, let them wallow in their own juices.

rplat on September 18, 2012 at 8:14 PM

So, basically, they’re still tied. +5 D’rat.

I’ve been watching Bret Bair’s segments about “independents” from around the country.
The glass of tea sitting next to me has more common sense.

Typical “independent” segment:

My husband can’t find a job and has been out of work since January, we’re about to lose our house, but we’re still leaning toward Obama.”
Thank you sir, may I have another.

HornetSting on September 18, 2012 at 8:14 PM

“I don’t pay much attention to any of the polls. The only one I’m interested in is the final one on election day.”

The loser’s lament, only uttered by supporters of the losing candidate.

Heard that crap a ton in 96 and 08, and it proved to be wrong then, too.

gumbyandpokey on September 18, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Come on admit, just for a second. ; )

Bmore on September 18, 2012 at 8:13 PM

If I didn’t know better…but I do. ;)

predator on September 18, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I was waiting for the head Obama cheerleader Allah to post this. Notice he doesn’t ever put up the favorable more reliable polls like Gallup or Rasmussen. Allah’s head is so far up Obama’s rear he probably tastes Obama’s food before Obama himself does.

The Notorious G.O.P on September 18, 2012 at 8:15 PM

This poll is far more suspect than you are making it sound. The sample is biased, the methodologies are dishonest, and behind it all is a Democrat pollster (Peter Hart) who knows that he is expected to produce crooked results for purely political purposes, to please his regular customers. His secret sauce here, in addition to polling over the weekend to get a sample that would be easier for him to work with, is in the determination of “likely” voters. The fact that after pulling out all of the stops to cook the books, Hart could only come up with a 5% lead for Obumbles with a 3.6% MOE means that the Obama campaign is really in trouble.

The more reputable pollsters, Gallup and Rasmussen (you know, the ones that publish polls under their own names), are much closer to reflecting the true state of this race, which is that Romney has a slight lead among likely voters.

HTL on September 18, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Oooops, looks like I forgot my sarc tag.

Bmore on September 18, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Chicken. :)

Axe on September 18, 2012 at 8:15 PM

That “Independents ” number looks kinds low…

Weight of Glory on September 18, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Bmore on September 18, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Sorry… didn’t buy it. You’d make a poor troll, B!

thatsafactjack on September 18, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I hope I am not deluding myself, but I cannot believe that these “polls” are anything but cooked. I just dont sense any enthusiasm for Obama.

For example, my wife has a lot of “artsy” friends and one or two of them will post something pro – Obama but there is very little if any responses in favor. In fact, usually an argument breaks out. (Proving that FB is not for politics)

I really do see 2010 all over again. The Dems are so convinced they will win, the media is too and quietly, subtly, we will turn out en masse and vote them all out of office.

smorrow66 on September 18, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I’ve been called by pollsters 4 times in the last month.

I vary the responses, sometimes I’m white, sometimes I’m black, sometimes a man, sometimes a woman. Every time I tell them I’m voting for Obama.

Screw the bastards.

BacaDog on September 18, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Here is the first thing I thought when saw this poll that I took for granted that Allahpundit would mention but didn’t.

Forget the D+5. 42D? 42D?? 42D??? The electorate is going to show up with 42% on Election Day. NO WAY!! This is a MASSIVE under-sampling of Independents.

HDFOB on September 18, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I think it’s funny how you can guess what trolls will be in what thread.

I knew gumby would be here. I was right.

gophergirl on September 18, 2012 at 8:16 PM

gumbyandpokey on September 18, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Pardon me. Are you knocking on my door, so to speak, simply to be rude, per chance?

thatsafactjack on September 18, 2012 at 8:17 PM

This is a bunch of crap. D+5? D+9 in VA?

Reread DaTechGuy’s review of the real party identification numbers according to Rasmussen. August gives R+4.

spiritof61 on September 18, 2012 at 8:17 PM

mitchellvii on September 18, 2012 at 8:09 PM

You need treatment. No one is more realistic, and more right than AP. You just don’t like the facts.

Schadenfreude on September 18, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I think the “leak” and the latest groups of ads will help boost Romney in the polls. It’s important to get the election down to one or more simple phrases that people repeat at the water cooler, and bring with them into the voting booth. I think the main question for the voter should be: “do you want this out of control big govt, or not?” Work with those words and modify the question as needed, but then try to get that question repeated in a series of ads, so it starts to become an imprint on the voters’ minds. I think that there was a problem with the perceived ambiguity of what Romney was offering, and that left people susceptible to dismissing him because they can’t figure him out. That can be remedied now. Hallelujah!

anotherJoe on September 18, 2012 at 8:18 PM

gumbyandpokey on September 18, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Uh huh.

KingGold on September 18, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Last time I looked we’re a nation of about 30/30/30 and 10% idiots.

So, they over sample dems by 5 and undersample Independents by 15 and they can only drag zero to a +5? And the media is apparently betting on a lower turnout in 2012 than occurred in 2010. Heh.

/Dreaming for Obama.

Key West Reader on September 18, 2012 at 8:18 PM

The day Hot Air gets rid of clown shoes(Allah), it will be a great day.

The Notorious G.O.P on September 18, 2012 at 8:19 PM

It looks bad for Baraka on Rasmussen, and Gallup is now trending Romney (who’s +6 in the last 8 days or so there), so an alphabet network poll coming along to prop up the sociopath punk with another skewed sample is as predictable as the sun rising in the East.

But no matter hard the pollsters, the MSM and the Hot Air seminar trolls dutifully carrying out their assigned tasks for Organizing for America TRY, they will NOT be able to demoralize or suppress voters as hellbent on running their Messiah out of office as he is hellbent on destroying this country.

Right Mover on September 18, 2012 at 8:19 PM

The loser’s lament, only uttered by supporters of the losing candidate.

Heard that crap a ton in 96 and 08, and it proved to be wrong then, too.

gumbyandpokey on September 18, 2012 at 8:14 PM

What were the polls doing in 2010?? Serious question.

I think 90% of the polling up to …say…2 weeks before an election are pure dog$hit. Why wouldn’t they be???

BigWyo on September 18, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Allahpundit,

Seriously dude, just come clean and tell us you are a Democrat operative.

mitchellvii on September 18, 2012 at 8:09 PM

It was unbearable around here during Crist/Rubio, before they had even had ONE debate. Deja-vu.

At least he’s dropped the gulp.

Marcus on September 18, 2012 at 8:20 PM

D+26?

rayra on September 18, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Exactly.

Key West Reader on September 18, 2012 at 8:21 PM

The day Hot Air gets rid of clown shoes(Allah), it will be a great day.

The Notorious G.O.P on September 18, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Have you considered seeing a physician about that Cranial-Rectal disorder of yours?

SWalker on September 18, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Last time I looked we’re a nation of about 30/30/30 and 10% idiots.

/Dreaming for Obama.

Key West Reader on September 18, 2012 at 8:18 PM

40/30/30.

I simplified your expression.

Axe on September 18, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Ever wonder why Allah hides his identity? It’s because if his face or name was revealed it would be easy to do a little searching and figure out the guy is NOT remotely close to a conservative.

The Notorious G.O.P on September 18, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Mmm…Burritos on September 18, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Goal of Republicans = everyone pays minimal taxes.
Ire of Republicans = people who pay UNEQUAL taxes

Conclusion: Crystal meth is not your friend, and neither is logic.

Archivarix on September 18, 2012 at 8:22 PM

“The final polls for the “reputable” organizations showed the Messiah winning by about five more points than he did. Ergo, they were cooked.”

Another factually wrong post. Here are the final polls in 2008. The RCP average had the spread at +7.6 for Obama and he won by 7.3. That’s pretty darned accurate. You guys are going to look like fools on election night when the RCP average called it correctly before the first vote was even cast.

Polling Data
CBS News 10/31 – 11/2 714 LV – 51 42 Obama +9
Ipsos/McClatchy 10/30 – 11/2 760 LV 3.6 53 46 Obama +7
ABC News/Wash Post 10/30 – 11/2 2470 LV 2.5 53 44 Obama +9
CNN/Opinion Research 10/30 – 11/1 714 LV 3.5 53 46 Obama +7
Pew Research 10/29 – 11/1 2587 LV 2.0 52 46 Obama +6

gumbyandpokey on September 18, 2012 at 8:22 PM

I’ve been called by pollsters 4 times in the last month.

Screw the bastards.

BacaDog on September 18, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I wish they would call me once. I’m gonna tell them I’m a turban-wearing, stump-jumping, goat fornicating practitioner of the “religion of peace,” and see how long it takes them to hang up.

predator on September 18, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Wow…only one more NBC poll to go. Hard to believe Election Day is just right around the corner, after having followed this thing over, what, the past year and a half? Hopefully the last poll is a bit closer than this one.

changer1701 on September 18, 2012 at 8:22 PM

SWalker on September 18, 2012 at 8:21 PM

No but I have considered seeing a doctor about the crabs your wife gave me.

The Notorious G.O.P on September 18, 2012 at 8:23 PM

I’m convinced there’s about a 10 pt lead for Romney overall. Obama is SO bad, but there s still that group that can’t bring themselves to admit they’re going to vote against the (shhhhhhhh) black guy.

BettyRuth on September 18, 2012 at 8:23 PM

The day Hot Air gets rid of clown shoes(Allah), it will be a great day.

The Notorious G.O.P on September 18, 2012 at 8:19 PM

No one is forcing you to be here or read his posts. If they make you that miserable – I’d find another place to spend my time.

gophergirl on September 18, 2012 at 8:23 PM

gumbyandpokey on September 18, 2012 at 8:14 PM

thatsafactjack on September 18, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Well, it is sure not for the purpose of engaging in mature and intelligent debate.

AZfederalist on September 18, 2012 at 8:23 PM

SWalker on September 18, 2012 at 8:21 PM

We could re-name him Richard Cranium.

Key West Reader on September 18, 2012 at 8:23 PM

40/30/30.

I simplified your expression.

Axe on September 18, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Nope, pretty sure he had it right, that 10% that are idiots (You know, Ronulans and their families and friends) aren’t likely to bother showing up to vote.

SWalker on September 18, 2012 at 8:24 PM

JimLennon on September 18, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Because that would show Romney up by 5?

We can’t have that happen, now could we?

JPeterman on September 18, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Take a look at the links below and you’ll see totally different polling results.

Here:

Mitt Romney holds large lead in UnSkewedPolls.com average of polls

And here:

UnSkewedPolls — erasing the bias to show an accurate picture of poitics

GrannyDee on September 18, 2012 at 8:24 PM

gumbyandpokey on September 18, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Hmmm…not seeing anything in there from September…

BigWyo on September 18, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Thank you sir, may I have another.

HornetSting on September 18, 2012 at 8:14 PM

The irony of all is that they call themselves “independents”.

——
Hi KWR

Schadenfreude on September 18, 2012 at 8:25 PM

The Notorious G.O.P on September 18, 2012 at 8:15 PM

The day Hot Air gets rid of clown shoes(Allah), it will be a great day.

The Notorious G.O.P on September 18, 2012 at 8:19 PM

The Notorious G.O.P on September 18, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Hm. I think there’s some weird pattern here, but I can’t put my finger on it.

Axe on September 18, 2012 at 8:25 PM

In exactly 7 weeks you’re going to see a very interesting set of numbers, wsjnbc.

spiritof61 on September 18, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Allahpundit,

Seriously dude, just come clean and tell us you are a Democrat operative.

mitchellvii on September 18, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Let me repeat for you what I told happynomad yesterday. I don’t mind being trolled normally, but when you’re trolling me by whining about eeyorism — when I specifically said IN THIS VERY POST that these new numbers aren’t a big deal — then you’re wasting our bandwidth. If you can’t stand any bad news, however cheerily it’s spun, then you’re too much of a crybaby to read the site. Find another.

Allahpundit on September 18, 2012 at 8:26 PM

SWalker on September 18, 2012 at 8:21 PM

No but I have considered seeing a doctor about the crabs your wife gave me.

The Notorious G.O.P on September 18, 2012 at 8:23 PM

I would take that under serious consideration… We’re I married, must have been your own wife that gave them to you.

SWalker on September 18, 2012 at 8:26 PM

gophergirl on September 18, 2012 at 8:23 PM

You don’t find it highly suspicious that he always touts the favorable Obama polls? You are part of the problem. You get sucked into his trap of making you think it’s over and discouraging you. He has ulterior motives.

The Notorious G.O.P on September 18, 2012 at 8:26 PM

gumbyandpokey on September 18, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Your desperation and fear is absolutely delicious. Don’t stop.

thatsafactjack on September 18, 2012 at 8:26 PM

The Notorious G.O.P on September 18, 2012 at 8:19 PM

SWalker on September 18, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Is that what leads someone to come on a blog and crap on the people who run it?

Not the most polite behavior, eh? Kind of like getting yourself to dinner at someones home and then complaining about the quality of the food.

AZfederalist on September 18, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Registered, not likely, voters, right?

Useless this close to the election, and WSJ/CBS both know it.

Unfortunately for them, lots more people in the public know that little tidbit now as well.

What was the D/R/I split in 2010?
‘Cuz I’m thinking this election is going to look much more like that split than 2004 or 2008 did….

TeresainFortWorth on September 18, 2012 at 8:27 PM

SWalker on September 18, 2012 at 8:24 PM

You might be right. I stand corrected.

Axe on September 18, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Allahpundit,

Seriously dude, just come clean and tell us you are a Democrat operative.

mitchellvii on September 18, 2012 at 8:09 PM

The day Hot Air gets rid of clown shoes(Allah), it will be a great day.

The Notorious G.O.P on September 18, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Here we ( E X P L E T I V E ) go, again . . . . . . .

listens2glenn on September 18, 2012 at 8:28 PM

(I) are way to small because they lean heavy to Romney. They left the Republican party and when to Independent. The Left did not leave the Democratic party to become Independent, the Socialist took over the party. Still jumped the shark. How can 1000 or less people equal 150 million that is why there is a Electoral College and not popular vote.

tjexcite on September 18, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I think it’s funny how you can guess what trolls will be in what thread.

I knew gumby would be here. I was right.

gophergirl on September 18, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Last week Gumby was insisting he was a Romney supporter who was just providing impartial commentary on these polls. (No, stop laughing, I’m serious)

He was obviously told to provide that cover for himself, and just as obviously he has dropped that facade now. Or else, why wouldn’t he be happier about the Rasmussen Mitt +2 tracking poll?

Right Mover on September 18, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Registered, not likely, voters, right?

Useless this close to the election, and WSJ/CBS both know it.

What was the D/R/I split in 2010?

TeresainFortWorth on September 18, 2012 at 8:27 PM

This one’s likely voters, I think.

changer1701 on September 18, 2012 at 8:29 PM

AZfederalist on September 18, 2012 at 8:27 PM

In his case, kind of seems more like a case of receiving free government cheese, complaining that’s it’s nasty, cheap and you didn’t get enough of it.

SWalker on September 18, 2012 at 8:29 PM

The loser’s lament, only uttered by supporters of the losing candidate.

Heard that crap a ton in 96 and 08, and it proved to be wrong then, too.

gumbyandpokey on September 18, 2012 at 8:14 PM

And, the gas prices?
And, the entire Muslim world, was it on fire?
And, how close was Iran to getting a nuke back then?
And, I’ll wait for the information.

HornetSting on September 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM

gumbyandpokey on September 18, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Wow you are simpleton. One of those black and white guys eh? Is this 2008? Do you think the Dems will be that motivated to vote? Blacks? College students? Really?

CW on September 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM

“Registered, not likely, voters, right?”

Wrong, the 5 pt lead is among likely voters. Obama is winning…solidly. Romney is losing…badly. Obama will win all his 08 states except IN and NC and will win the popular vote by around 3 pts, imo.

Good grief, this attacking-the-poll phenomenon among Republican’s is like a disease and it’s even gotten worse since 08, and it was ridiculous back then.

gumbyandpokey on September 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM

The day Hot Air gets rid of clown shoes(Allah), it will be a great day.

The Notorious G.O.P on September 18, 2012 at 8:19 PM

My posts seem to be causing you great distress, yet evidently you’re having trouble finding the exit. Need some help?

If you can’t handle news you don’t like, even when it’s presented dismissively so that your tender sensibility can handle it, go somewhere else. And by the way, Notorious: Were you whining like this when I posted the Gallup poll earlier showing Romney closing to within one? Or are you one of those guys whose short-term memory lasts maybe two hours before you start whining again?

Allahpundit on September 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM

C’mon, AP, ‘fess up. You’re flying around in a black helicopter with an Obama logo on it, looking for posters who disparage you.

*we all know it’s true*

predator on September 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM

The Notorious G.O.P on September 18, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Knock off the projection, already. (face palm)

listens2glenn on September 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM

The Notorious G.O.P on September 18, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Nope because I understand how the blog business works.

The Notorious G.O.P on September 18, 2012 at 8:26 PM

This is the funniest statement ever directed towards me on this blog. Yep you’ve nailed me – described me to a “T”.

Do I really need the / tag?

gophergirl on September 18, 2012 at 8:31 PM

And, the gas prices?
And, the entire Muslim world, was it on fire?
And, how close was Iran to getting a nuke back then?
And, I’ll wait for the information.

HornetSting on September 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Exactly. Gumby thinks so simplistically.

CW on September 18, 2012 at 8:31 PM

*we all know it’s true*

predator on September 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I knew it!

AP, did you see me waving to you?

GrannyDee on September 18, 2012 at 8:31 PM

gumbyandpokey on September 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Then, since you find us so distasteful, I invite you to simply not participate. Its easy. You just walk away.

Just keep walking.

thatsafactjack on September 18, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Allah, I could have been one heII of a troll. Any chance you secretly issue me a new nom?

Bmore on September 18, 2012 at 8:32 PM

“What was the unemployment rate on September 18, 1996 and September 18, 2008 respectively, hot shot?
And, the gas prices?
And, the entire Muslim world, was it on fire?
And, how close was Iran to getting a nuke back then?
And, I’ll wait for the information.”

For whatever reason, people are becoming more optimistic about the state of the economy, and the only chance Romney had was if voters thought things were going to hell.

Just heard on the radio that Kohls is going to be hiring thousands of additional workers for the fall/winter. That would not be happening if things were getting worse.

gumbyandpokey on September 18, 2012 at 8:32 PM

The Notorious G.O.P on September 18, 2012 at 8:26 PM

If I had ulterior motives, I wouldn’t have posted the Gallup poll. Final warning: I don’t mind being called stupid, but I’m not going to have my integrity impugned in the comments of our own site. If you don’t trust my motives, your option is to stop reading my posts. Don’t smear me again here.

Allahpundit on September 18, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Allah, I love it when you get hot! Give ‘em hell!

MustLoveBlogs on September 18, 2012 at 8:32 PM

gumbyandpokey on September 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Why are you here? All I ever see you post is ‘Romney’s gonna lose’, ad nauseam.

changer1701 on September 18, 2012 at 8:32 PM

The only real solution to this is to ban us all and start over.

Bmore on September 18, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Monica Levinki “I’m voting Republican. The Democrats left a bad taste in my mouth”.

Schadenfreude on September 18, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Levinski

Schadenfreude on September 18, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Anything that comes from NBC cannot be trusted.

Philly on September 18, 2012 at 8:33 PM

The Notorious G.O.P on September 18, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Allahpundit on September 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM

We’ll help him (her?) find the EXIT.

listens2glenn on September 18, 2012 at 8:33 PM