Video: The War on Bacon

posted at 6:03 pm on September 17, 2012 by Mary Katharine Ham

We start at 6:15 p.m., so tune in! Today… What inane story will the media be focusing on for the next three days instead of the Middle East or the debt or the economy? What is Mitt Romney going to do about that? Does Nancy Pelosi even care anymore? What does one’s beer consumption say about one’s voting tendencies? And, should you heed your wedding-day cold feet, ladies? Science!

Comments

WooHoo WOB my fave internet show!!! Sorry Ed…

HAExpert on September 17, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Today we are all bacon.

Bishop on September 17, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Today we are all bacon.

Bishop on September 17, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Ich Bein ein Baconer. Well done, please.

Paul-Cincy on September 17, 2012 at 6:09 PM

hey, his movies aren’t all bad.

Dr T on September 17, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Is a post written by Ms. Ham mentioning a war on bacon a conflict of interest somehow? Inquiring readers want to know.

Mason on September 17, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I just smoked some bacon at home for the first time. Am I in trouble?

oldroy on September 17, 2012 at 6:13 PM

I just smoked some bacon at home for the first time. Am I in trouble?

oldroy on September 17, 2012 at 6:13 PM

As long as the rolling paper is legal you should be fine.

-_-

Bishop on September 17, 2012 at 6:14 PM

In the interest of the War On Bacon, here’s a little recipe that’s sure to please.

It is worth noting that there are iterations of this recipe which include the infusion of bourbon or cognac during the later stages of the cooking process as a tasty variation, as well as variations including the introduction of various peppers. Clearly, and in keeping with the versatility of bacon, this recipe is readily customizable to individual taste.

thatsafactjack on September 17, 2012 at 6:17 PM

I just smoked some bacon at home for the first time. Am I in trouble?

oldroy on September 17, 2012 at 6:13 PM

I always find keeping it lit to be a problem

AZfederalist on September 17, 2012 at 6:18 PM

OK,. this is the third time or so I’ve heard about this war on bacon.

MK, why are you forcing me to chose? :-(

cane_loader on September 17, 2012 at 6:23 PM

choose!!! choose!!!

lose , not loose!!!

cane_loader on September 17, 2012 at 6:23 PM

You can take my cured and smoked pork belly from me when you pry from my chubby cold dead fingers. Should be easy to do because they’ll be greasy too.

oldroy on September 17, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Wouldn’t a war on bacon be sexism against men?

Liam on September 17, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Wow, Candy Crowly and Nancy Pelosi in the same room, that’s almost reaching critical mass ugly. Inside & out

AZfederalist on September 17, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Numbers move if you talk about issues? And only one candidate is talking issues?

oldroy on September 17, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Don’t doubt it. I go to several microbreweries. Can’t spill a beer without getting a couple dozen Obama nuts wet.

oldroy on September 17, 2012 at 6:41 PM

That craft brewer statistic. Apparently the Obama campaign is mistaking correlation for causation. The old, “small dogs cause cancer” fallacy in statistics.

AZfederalist on September 17, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Err… so men get cold feet but don’t leave? But little miss get’s cold feet and leaves? I don’t buy it?

oldroy on September 17, 2012 at 6:44 PM

But a down-payment for a house in the Beltway is a house mostly paid in other places. Must have been quite a wedding that was planned.

oldroy on September 17, 2012 at 6:46 PM

hey, his movies aren’t all bad.

Well, certainly not bad enough to go to war.

hawkeye54 on September 17, 2012 at 7:00 PM

oldroy on September 17, 2012

When I say “house,” I generally mean tiny condo, not actual house.

Mary Katharine Ham on September 17, 2012 at 7:06 PM

I saw bacon cupcakes on the net this weekend! Now I’m an old chick, but, wow, I could get uber cuddly over that!

Chewy the Lab on September 17, 2012 at 7:10 PM

When I say “house,” I generally mean tiny condo, not actual house.

Mary Katharine Ham on September 17, 2012 at 7:06 PM

You could live out in the swamps in Maryland and commute by train. They have internet out there too.

oldroy on September 17, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Damn. I missed my show.

So, is Hope OK?

Axe on September 17, 2012 at 7:25 PM

This whole capitalism thing blows. Praying about money and having God tell you “earn it” –

I’m voting for Obama.

Wait — if God told me “earn it” — Hm. There are some deeper waters here. I better not vote for Obama.

But that would mean I’d miss my favorite show sometimes because I have to work, and I don’t want to miss my favorite show because I have to work. Am I not supposed to have everything I want?

It’s confusing.

I’m hungry.

And who’s Hope?

Axe on September 17, 2012 at 7:32 PM

oldroy on September 17, 2012 at 7:14 PM

You’re not from these parts are ya guy with the same name as a dog food?

Swamps anywhere near DC are deemed water accessible or water views and sell at a premium. More importantly, I don’t know one intelligent human being that would willingly live in Maryland what with their commie government and propencity to tax the hell out of everything.

More generally, DC is an area where you choose how much of a commute you are willing to deal with and buy accordingly. I’m in a condo in Arlington because I am five minutes into DC, on the Metro system, and can get to work in 10 minutes. But I’m at a place in life where this makes sense. We didn’t buy for the school system or need for square footage. Others make other choices.

Happy Nomad on September 17, 2012 at 7:39 PM

If bacon didn’t exist, we would have to invent it.

Galtian on September 17, 2012 at 7:42 PM

It’s like Groundhog Day.

rayra on September 17, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Ok. I am blushing. Thanks so much to both of you for the shout out! I am thrilled that you enjoyed it!

WashingtonsWake on September 17, 2012 at 8:18 PM

The War on Bacon

…we’re battling Mooches butt?

KOOLAID2 on September 17, 2012 at 8:33 PM

It’s bacon!

mrt721 on September 17, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Without bacon, pigs would be impossible.

SparkPlug on September 17, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Happy Nomad on September 17, 2012 at 7:39 PM

You are right. I’m from affordable flyover country. Sold a few hundred properties in my time, understand the gives and takes. Albuquerque is only .5 million and 1.0 metro+, but very, very, very spread out. Commute is king here.

Dog food. I feed science diet to the Golden and the Labrador.

Bacon for me :)

oldroy on September 17, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Cuties! More on that in a sec, but first, as I watch that Pelosi/Crowly interview, I’m yet again struck by how we basically have no real journalists in the MSM. Pelosi’s answers were such obvious talking-point bullet-points. If Crowly had a shred of professional integrity, she should have called her out on that. But she just played her role, like an actor. But then the page automatically refreshed and the video got cut off. That auto page refresh thing effs up these girls hot videos. Anything that can be done about that??

WhatSlushfund on September 17, 2012 at 10:27 PM

You can have my bacon when you pry it out of my cold, dead hands. Probably a few hours after my heart attack.

malclave on September 17, 2012 at 10:55 PM