Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the Week?

posted at 9:31 am on September 16, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

As we limp into Sunday, it’s time once again to ally ourselves with our choice for the Obamateurism of the Week!  A few people will gripe that an entry or two doesn’t count, or doesn’t add up, but most of us will be able to dial up one choice for this poll.

Previous weekly “winners” in 2012:

Previous Obamateurisms of the Year:

• Giving 2 minutes of “shout-outs” before getting to the Fort Hood shooting (2009)
  • Obama leaves Clinton at press conference podium on tax deal to attend Christmas party (2010)
  • “I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president— with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln.” (2011)

Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at obamaisms@edmorrissey.com with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.

Comments

Oh boy, four or five… four or five…

Fallon on September 16, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Jimmy Carter?!?

Jimmuh Carter?

Only a true amateur gets corrected by J.C.

FOWG1 on September 16, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Is there any doubt this week, really.
Go Bibi, real Americans will have your back.
May God be with Israel and the United States.

D-fusit on September 16, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Two pimps meeting. Long legged MackDaddy.

davidk on September 16, 2012 at 9:35 AM

My favorite is still “Jack Ryan,” but that isn’t a choice so I will go with Egypt.

Illinidiva on September 16, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I think a certain slang term for erection doesn’t make it through the HotAir official free speech filter. LOL!! Like I was trying to say, looks like Obama’s pretty excited about that bear hug.

abobo on September 16, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I’m not picking one. This has been a bad week for America and Bark himself is an amateur.

Bishop on September 16, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I never thought anyone could make Jimmy Carter look good, but BO accomplished that but not much more.

Wade on September 16, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I think his hatred for Israel is second only to his hatred for the USA.

swinia sutki on September 16, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Pimp my President.

Electrongod on September 16, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Wanted to vote for snub of Bibi, but to be corrected by Jimmah…JIMMAH?!? The one is simply in line with his actions and feelings towards a close US ally that he cannot stand, but the other one shows Obama for the misspeaking misguided misanthrope that he truly is. He’s still an amateur and after all, that’s the basis of this feature, isn’t it?

CitizenEgg on September 16, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I’m confused. Why isn’t ignoring intelligence that would have had them beef up security in Benghazi an OOTD this last week? Is losing a US Ambassador because of incompetence too serious a subject for Obamateurisms?

hawkdriver on September 16, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I’m Jewish. I have a Lib “friend” (not Jewish) who said in my presence, “I HATE NETANYAHU, HE’S TRYING TO INFLUENCE THE AMERICAN ELECTION, HE HAS NO BUSINESS DOING THAT!

I don’t pay much attention to Lib talking points; was this person spouting a talking point or is this something that’s in the NYTimes?

I no longer consider this person my friend.

EL on September 16, 2012 at 9:43 AM

This running gag feels a little icky today. The president’s incompetence is getting people dragged to their rape and death at the hands of vicious animalistic mobs, bloody handprint grips left behind, and he is arresting innocent Americans for it. So I’m gonna have to go with a choice not presented: Gets American diplomats murdered and lies about it. There’s your Obamateurism.

Rational Thought on September 16, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Netanyahu – I can’t imagine this clown getting more than 10% of the Jewish vote. I’m flabbergasted their support for him has held up as long as it has.

Being slapped down by Jimmy Carter was a tempting choice, tho.

PatMac on September 16, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Ed, did you really miss as an Obamateurism this week the man going to Vegas for a fund raiser during the embassy crisis? Or the idiote running his twitter feed tweeting about buying Obama sweatshirts as the coffins were brought off the plane? This whole week has been a damn Obamateurism.

radjah shelduck on September 16, 2012 at 9:45 AM

They are all pretty much abject stupidity this week.

Except for Net and Yahoo, possibly. He’s counting on the MFM to cover for him on that.

Lanceman on September 16, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Posing with caskets..that are filled with your ineptitude.

wolly4321 on September 16, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Somehow this week’s roster doesn’t quite capture the depth and breadth of Obama’s incompetence…

ProfessorMiao on September 16, 2012 at 9:48 AM

radjah shelduck on September 16, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Agreed, but it’s a target rich environment with Obama.

CitizenEgg on September 16, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Pimpin’ (and foreign policy) ain’t easy….

ted c on September 16, 2012 at 9:49 AM

this was probably one of the most dangerous weeks in recent history.

ted c on September 16, 2012 at 9:49 AM

I had to go with Bibi. Too much at stake with our best friends in the mid-east. The Carter smackdown was sweet. When an incompetent fool corrects another fool…….classic!!

dddave on September 16, 2012 at 9:50 AM

This week just illustrates what a no brainer the Neti choice is.

tomas on September 16, 2012 at 9:50 AM

“…marked with three proud words: made in the U.S.A.”

I don’t care what anybody says. When the president channels Joe Biden, it’s amateur hour.

ExpressoBold on September 16, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I agree that the real Obamateurism of the Week has been the unraveling of his “new beginnings” foreign policy and that ain’t funny.

Other than that, from among the choices I’ll pick the pimp. How this man has degraded the office.

Drained Brain on September 16, 2012 at 9:52 AM

With friends like him who needs allies? Anyway.

JimK on September 16, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Just like in 2008, amateurs are winning.

Old politicians are being rejected by the voters.

Through MSM, Obamateurism has become the fad of this decade.

It is therefore most likely that the Amateur will get his second term under the current political climate, especially if competitor is using A “bipartisan” strategy campaign that only works well in Mass and Mich.

TheAlamos on September 16, 2012 at 9:53 AM

The MSM’s cover for last weeks disaster is working.The Headline story in the Houston Chronicle is the GOP is losing the Medicare battle.

docflash on September 16, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Jimmah – The Peanut Farmer

antisocial on September 16, 2012 at 9:55 AM

The One not listed, however was my personal choice…

There were no Marines on guard, and there are reports that the Benghazi embassy had been warned of an al Qaeda assault, yet there were no precautions. It is likely the organized attackers, some carrying rocket-propelled grenades, had inside information about a “safe house,” where they killed two of the Americans.

Obama, after offering condolences and vowing to find those responsible, flew to a campaign event in Vegas

But then, it’s not like he was reading to Children or something…

jaydee_007 on September 16, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Had to go with number 4, but his fumbling of the iPhone and blaming the owner was pretty embarrassing. They make fun of Romney for his comment on the order entry system at Wawa, but President Hi-tech gets frustrated with an iPhone. All they could talk about during the last election was how sophisticated the campaign was, and how connected Obama was, what with the tweets, Facebook bullshit, and whatnot, and how it would be as tough for him to go “offline” personally when he took office as it would be for him to put the Newports down. Not to mention the difficulty he had getting an umbrella through a gateway.

tpitman on September 16, 2012 at 9:55 AM

What I want to know is what the heck happened to the standards of broadcasting excellence that used to be in place, that it is now perfectly OK for some yoohoo who goes by the moniker “Pimp With A Limp” to get his own syndicated radio show?

And what kind of President would even want to be associated with a show like that in the first place?

pilamaye on September 16, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Posing with caskets..that are filled with your ineptitude.

wolly4321 on September 16, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Well said wolly4321, well said.

Having Jimmy Carter publicly correct him on Egypt as an ally….
From one dope to one dopier….yup.

sicoit on September 16, 2012 at 10:01 AM

davidk on September 16, 2012 at 9:35 AM

..thanks, David, I think I have found a new hero!

The War Planner on September 16, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I have continued to work with Officers and Soldiers of the US Military since I retired from it myself going on two years this winter. You need to be around them. This last week the constant point of discussion was concerns over the climate overseas and the complete lack of attention to it from their leaders. There is almost complete embarrassment at the lack of response to our embassies being attacked and Ambassador Stevens being murdered.

A quip heard from another instructors students discussing currents events this last week. “They don’t take about foreign policy until the back nine.”

hawkdriver on September 16, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Barry = Pimp With a Gimp

Philly on September 16, 2012 at 10:06 AM

I know it’s not an OOTD, but that bear hug picture at the top of this thread, of the President getting hugged like a goofy teenager by that overly large man, well that’s just downright EMBARRASSING. C’mon people, he’s the POTUS for heaven’s sake! How overtly amateurish that must look to the rest of the world.

Susanboo on September 16, 2012 at 10:08 AM

I had to vote for the Barbie/Biden Math School reject.

Steve Eggleston on September 16, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Two pimps meeting. Long legged MackDaddy.

davidk on September 16, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Ummm, wow. That fellow doesn’t seem to be a big Obama fan. Entertaining, but I don’t think he’ll be asked to CPAC as Keynote speaker anytime soon.

CitizenEgg on September 16, 2012 at 10:15 AM

This week is beyond the Obamatuerism.
There are no words to describe the serious and dangerous chaos we are currently in. No words.
I picked Jimmah but we are so far beyond JCarter it is stunning.
Hillary is in full blown meltdown, the mid east is burning and Obama is playing golf or something.
Go Bibi. We don’t have time to wait for a new POTUS.

ORconservative on September 16, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Dissing Bibi to hang with the “Pimp w/a limp”

NY Conservative on September 16, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Yay! I is in the majority again!

#1 is a Bidenism – it shows that Joe is rubbing off on Barry.
#2 is because Obama is just an arrogant pr*ck.
#3 nah, just a gaffe
#4 shows just how incompetent the man is as leader of America. Israel could quickly become the center of a firestorm in the middle east and Obama blows Netanyahu off to have some fun.
#5 Is a Carterism – Jimmah sticking his nose in where it’s not wanted. And, actually, Barry is right on that one. Egypt is not our ally anymore. Neither is anyone else in the middle east (except for Israel, but Barry is busy screwing that up). Throw Pakistan in there for good measure.

Had to go with #4.

Timothy S. Carlson on September 16, 2012 at 10:18 AM

To be corrected by Jimmah is the worst…that gets my vote!

ladyingray on September 16, 2012 at 10:18 AM

SOMETHING ODD ON RASMUSSEN:

Most of us assume Rasmussen uses a fair party affiliation weighting in his pollinh based upon his recent release that there are now 4% more self identified Republicans than Democrats. However todays release leads me to believe that even Rasmussen is oversampling Democrats and dramatically so.

Here is the quote from todays Rasmussen poll:

Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Sunday shows Mitt Romney attracting support from 47% of voters nationwide, while President Obama earns 46% of the vote. Three percent (3%) prefer some other candidate, and four percent (4%) are undecided. See daily tracking history.

Romney leads by eight among unaffiliated voters.

When “leaners” are included, it’s Obama 49% and Romney 48%. Leaners are those who are initially uncommitted to the two leading candidates but lean towards one of them when asked a follow-up question. With leaners, Obama pulls to within two among unaffiliated voters.”

So wait a second. If Rasmussen is using a +4 Republican sample and Romney leads by 8 among Independents, HOW can he only be ahead by 1????

I think we have been making assumptions about Rasmussens weighting methodology that are not correct.

** Does it make sense that Obama would be closing the gap as his policies in the Middle East explode?

mitchellvii on September 16, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Ed – you missed the boat this week just like 0 missed the 3am phone call. Fund raising in Vegas or DC? And to think you probably had 48 hrs early warning before this poll to prepare. Empty chairs everywhere.

/s

koaiko on September 16, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Snubbing Netanyahu has to get the vote, as it is one of the all-time most despicable actions of any President. Not only does it underscore that Obama is grossly unfit to hold this office, it shows that he is not even fit to be a meter maid. If I ran a McDonalds, I wouldn’t trust him to operate the milkshake machine.

But what shouldn’t be overlooked is the way he tried to brush off his iPhone ineptitude by blaming the plebe (in his eyes) for not having a sufficient phone plan. Accoridng to him, he can’t be wrong, it’s always someone else who has the shortcoming. Obamacare will be the same way: it’s not Obamacare’s fault that you didn’t qualify for that heart surgery, you just shoulda done more jumpin’ jacks! Forward (into the abyss)!

86 on September 16, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Netanyahu? who’s that?

I won the Peace Prize

- Bamster

Slade73 on September 16, 2012 at 10:29 AM

makes time for the Pimp with a Limp radio show

President Downgrade does it again.

lynncgb on September 16, 2012 at 10:31 AM

The 3 a.m. call is big, I agree. Hillary took the call. Barry did not.

Philly on September 16, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Netan-Yahoo! Heck yeah I’ll make time for them. I search the internet all time.

- Bamster

Slade73 on September 16, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Posing with caskets..that are filled with your ineptitude.

wolly4321 on September 16, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Just another cheap photo op. If the clown of a president had any intention of reaching out to all citizens, he would have invited Gov. Romney to be there also.

Wade on September 16, 2012 at 10:54 AM

marked with three proud words: made in the U.S.A

Was he referring to the caskets?

Wade on September 16, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Not even on the OOTW list: SCOAMF skipped intelligence briefings for days, then went to Vegas for campaign fundraiser after Consulate in Bengazi was sacked and Ambassador Stevens was assassinated.

Kenosha Kid on September 16, 2012 at 10:59 AM

It is becoming clear that the anti Islam trailer maker was in collusion with the Obama administration. This is no longer an Obamateurism, it is treason.

NOMOBO on September 16, 2012 at 11:00 AM

mitchellvii on September 16, 2012 at 10:23 AM

First, I don’t think that Rasmussen is using a +4% voter id advantage for Rs. Second, it is the “weekend” effect on polling. Ds generally poll better on Fridays and Saturdays.

Illinidiva on September 16, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Kenosha Kid on September 16, 2012 at 10:59 AM

I think those qualify for Obamateurism of the year or century, unless Obamateurisms are limited to stupid things and don’t include criminally stupid / treasonous things.

toby11 on September 16, 2012 at 11:04 AM

O/T Chicago area teen tries to bomb downtown area bar to bring jihad to Chicago.
Link here.

ChicagoBlues on September 16, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Some good suggestions for more OOTDs in this thread. I guess there’s only 5 days in a week, and this was a special week.

Or maybe they’re in the queue to show up tomorrow/Tuesday.

22044 on September 16, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Who came up with the list?

I went with Bibi but there are much better ‘isms left out.

A few of the more astute have alluded to them in posts up there ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LSUtigers on September 16, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Ed, as we get closer to the election you are going to have to expand the OOTD to two (or more) and the OOTW to ten (or more).

I would have to say throwing our one REAL ally under the bus this week.

Also, when we everyone learn that it is not Obama’s fault until something goes right?

jukin3 on September 16, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Sorry. This posting script is so hard to use on my phone

NOMOBO on September 16, 2012 at 11:15 AM

OT, from another blog: Media being paid to promote ObamaCare

It used to be that the entertainment industry would shill for liberal causes for free. Now they are going to be paid to do it. What does that make the entertainment industry?

AZfederalist on September 16, 2012 at 11:25 AM

* All of the Above.
after JugEars turned down Bi Bi…fhit hit the san in the middle east!

KOOLAID2 on September 16, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Three words for you people:

You put that in last place?!

MNHawk on September 16, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I went with the Carter rebuke.

Nothing could illustrate more that this president is in over his head.

Jvette on September 16, 2012 at 11:42 AM

How about calling it something else from now on such as “Obaminations”, because this man is a walking crime scene everywhere he goes.

Bishop on September 16, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Really hard choices today. Obama had a spectacularly amateur week.

bamaconservative on September 16, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Bishop on September 16, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Pretty good idea, and the reason I’d given up voting on these, for quite some time, now.
His gaffes are so interwoven with his exposing the truth in his heart, and his guiding principles, that his entire nature of governing is one big clusterfark … Worthy of disgust and ridicule.

pambi on September 16, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Religion of peace. The price on Salman Rushdie’s head gets bigger.

Philly on September 16, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Easy Peasy.

I’m pretty sure that “Pimp With a Limp” is li’l Bammie’s Foreign Policy Czar.

Tim_CA on September 16, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Voted for him and the Pimp. Agree with those who say these Obamamateurisma are not the feckless acts of a fool, but the acts of an evil scum, who sometimes doesn’t succeed in disguising his despicable intentions.

kenny on September 16, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Ladies and Gentleman after over 3 years we finally have a clear winner with Obama dissing Netanyahu.

cmptrnerd on September 16, 2012 at 12:45 PM

on a side note….Obama can’t use an iPhone yet if we are to believe Jay Carney, the reason Obama doesn’t attend intelligence meetings is because he gets his information from an iPad.

yeah…can’t figure out a iPhone but is a wiz with a iPad.

Renee on September 16, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Oh, for a Commander-in-Chief who would stand with Israel at a time like this. Instead, we have someone who leaks crucial information to the world, apologizes to our enemies, and pokes our friends in the eye.

Even if the economy weren’t being destroyed by Keynesian idiocy, those foreign policy failures would be worthy of removal from office in November.

Freelancer on September 16, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Pimps naturally attract.

profitsbeard on September 16, 2012 at 1:31 PM

I couldn’t even consider the Jimmy Carter/Egypt/ally one because it’s understandable that Obama would not want to say the words “Egypt is an ally” this week. They may be an ally in a technical, legal sense, but certainly not the way they act.

J.S.K. on September 16, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Oh boy! Another squeaker!

And when Israel fixes Mr. Obama’s Iran problem, maybe he’ll think to give an oblique thanks on Hardball. No. Wait. Chris Matthews can’t land an interview. Guess we’ll have to wait on the October issue of Seventeen.

DGB

Damian Bennett on September 16, 2012 at 1:33 PM

As we limp into Sunday…

can’t wait to see him limp out of office.

Green eyed Lady on September 16, 2012 at 2:04 PM

**Note to letget**

Everyone at MM’s misses you and want you to stop by and see us.

Green eyed Lady on September 16, 2012 at 2:07 PM

We’ve all heard the rumors about Obama’s Chicago bathhouse visits, I wonder if The One got a “woody” from that hug?

SpiderMike on September 16, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Selected four, then just as I was getting set to click submit, changed it to five. 0 is a despicable piece of work. Come November he will being treated to the exit door. Worst Ever!!!

Bmore on September 16, 2012 at 3:59 PM

being = be, dang iPad thingy.

Bmore on September 16, 2012 at 4:00 PM

(sigh) I sure wish the general public could be persuaded to see and read these OotW posts.

Hot Air, when we’re about a week or two out from election day, I hope you’ll create a Top 20 list of all the OotW winners from the past four years – one I can link to on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

swanzoid on September 16, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Wanted to vote for snub of Bibi, but to be corrected by Jimmah…JIMMAH?!?

Exactly!

As far as the “general public” – those voting for Owe would vote for him even if he came out and said he was born in Kenya and hated America. They’d find a way to defend that.

katablog.com on September 16, 2012 at 11:10 PM

I chose 5 because to be corrected by The WORST President Ever (but with a serious single term contender about to be made available to compete for the Title) is the epitome of incompetence.
Then there is 4 … and given the events following the major snub of our ONLY democratic ally in the ME, by Prezzie Choomblow, to meet with LimpPimp and J Zee (whomever the heck these mental midgets are) then jet off to Vegas for some money grubbing, is without question THE most ignorant act King Putt as foisted upon that noble Office that he has again and again besmirched and disgraced.

Missilengr on September 17, 2012 at 3:50 PM