Quotes of the day

posted at 9:56 pm on September 14, 2012 by Allahpundit

The US consulate in Benghazi, where the US ambassador to Libya died in an attack on Tuesday, was not given the standard security contract offered to many American diplomatic missions in the Middle East, private military contractors have told the BBC…

Meanwhile the attackers appeared to know exactly where staff were being taken to and fired on a second building supposed to be a safe haven, prompting suspicions they had a prior informant inside the mission…

Given the unstable security situation in Benghazi and eastern Libya that has developed this year, it is surprising that security precautions for such a sensitive diplomatic mission were not more robust.

***

The State Department told reporters Friday afternoon that it won’t answer any more questions about the Sept. 11 attack on the consulate in Benghazi that killed four Americans until the investigation into the incident is complete…

All aspects of the attack, including what led up to it, its causes, the identity of the perpetrators, and the circumstances surrounding the death of Amb. Chris Stevens and the other three Americans, are off limits for reporters.

The new policy leaves many questions about the Benghazi attack unanswered, potentially for a long time, such as the identity of the attackers, whether they were connected to protests earlier in the day in Cairo, what were the exact circumstances and cause of Stevens’s death, whether the administration had indications of the threat beforehand, and whether the consulate’s security was adequate or not.

***

US President Barack Obama’s Middle East policy is in ruins. Like no president before him, he tried to win over the Arab world. After some initial hesitation, he came out clearly on the side of the democratic revolutions. … In this context, he must accept the fact that he has snubbed old close allies such as Israel, Saudi Arabia and the Egyptian military. And now parts of the freed societies are turning against the country which helped bring them into being. Anti-Americanism in the Arab world has even increased to levels greater than in the Bush era. It’s a bitter outcome for Obama.”

Obama was naive to believe that one only needed to adopt a new tone and show more respect in order to dispel deep-seated reservations about the free world. In practice, the policies of the Obama administration in the region were not as naive as they may have seemed at times, and the Americans have always been much more involved in the Middle East than the passive Europeans. But Washington has provided the image of a distracted superpower in the process of decline to the societies there. This image of weakness is being exploited by Salafists and al-Qaida, who are active in North Africa from Somalia to Mali.

One thing is clear: If jihadists believe they can attack American installations and kill an ambassador on the anniversary of Sept. 11, then America’s deterrent power has declined considerably. For a superpower, it is not enough just to want to be loved. You have to scare the bad guys to keep them in check.

***

If one well-known Pakistani politician gets his way, international law will forbid “anti-Islam” material from the Internet.

Friday afternoon, Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik wrote in a series of tweets that he has spoken with and written to the Secretary General of Interpol about enacting an international law to stop all anti-Islam propaganda online.

***

I have defended the Obama administration against the complaints from the right that they have run an “apology tour” in the Middle East because I believe the US should admit when we make mistakes, such as the accidental burning of Korans. But what we shouldn’t do is affirm the wrongheaded view that people should be protected from the free speech of others.

Worse, our leaders shouldn’t let our enemies know that when they kill our people and attack our embassies that the US Government will act like a battered wife making excuses for her psychotic husband. Wake up: we weren’t attacked because of a movie made by an American. We were attacked because there are crazy religious fanatics who hate the United States. We didn’t ask for it…

Apparently our foreign policy is now being run by Dr. Phil. Someone needs to explain to the White House that our Constitution protects freedom of religion from government interference, not the protection from people who say mean, critical or offensive things about one’s religion…

It’s time for the Obama administration to stop blaming the victim.

***

Our response to anti-authoritarian movements has been confused. It varies from place to place. When the Iranians marched to protest a fraudulent election in 2009, Obama did nothing. When the Egyptians marched against Hosni Mubarak, an American ally, in 2011, the White House hemmed and hawed and finally threw its weight behind people power. Mubarak fell. What we neglected to notice was that the revolution in Egypt had not actually occurred. Other generals simply took over from Mubarak and tried to slow down the rise of the Muslim Brotherhood…

Egyptian politics have assumed a new and terrifying dynamic, with the Brotherhood attempting to triangulate between the Salafists who own the street and the Americans who provide economic and military assistance and debt relief. The casualties of this triangulation may include the peace treaty with Israel and the potential of Egyptian democracy. If the president has a plan to deal with this mess, we have yet to hear it…

This is the broken and anxiety-ridden world Barack Obama has made. Our adversaries are stronger. America and her allies are weaker. And yet, after spending practically a decade blaming every last thing, including the bad weather, on President Bush, the media seem determinedly uninterested in ascribing even the slightest amount of responsibility to President Obama.

Who’s ready for four more years?

***

TAPPER: Wouldn’t it seem logical that the anniversary of 9/11 would be a time that you would want to have extra security around diplomats and military posts?

CARNEY: Well, as you know, there — we are very vigilant around anniversaries like 9/11. The president is always briefed and brought up to speed on all the precautions being taken. But let’s be -

TAPPER: Obviously not vigilant enough.

***

From 2007. Via Breitbart.com.

***

“If Mitt Romney had kept his mouth shut, if he had not acted like a rank amateur, if he had not embarrassed himself–and by the way internally the campaign understands they screwed up, he’s moved on, they know that. So no conservative can say “oh, the mainstream media, blah, blah.” They know how badly they screwed up, and they were having the fight internally before he even went out and did it. But Romney got in the way of the media looking at the president, going, wha-, wha-, what happened here? How did this happen? Now, those questions are going to be asked in the coming weeks. But they weren’t asked in the first 24 hours because Romney was holding this horrific, irresponsible, press conference.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 6

A beard prevents you from putting a mass murderer on trial, the words Chicago and golf are racist, the enemy must be loved and they must be made to love you.

Nothing should be a surprise in a WTF world I guess.

BL@KBIRD on September 14, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Electrongod on September 14, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I have only one god!

Well, he’s sort of a god…

Lanceman on September 14, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Take a look at the response to an ad that the Fox News panel discussed tonight with a “journalist” from US News and WR…

d1carter on September 14, 2012 at 10:33 PM

The look on Krauthammer’s face was delightful. Kind of the look he would have trying to explain why the sky is blue to a 5 year old.

AZfederalist on September 14, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Terrye on September 14, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Philly on September 14, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Thanks.

Outrage.
Is this what got Reagan elected?
I was not too young to remember, but my brain was fuzzier then.

OTTO on September 14, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Dark Star on September 14, 2012 at 10:45 PM

So am I, Dark Star.

thatsafactjack on September 14, 2012 at 10:49 PM

I’m completely ashamed of this president, his administration and the PRAVDA MSM aiding & abetting him.

Dark Star on September 14, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Me too.

Terrye on September 14, 2012 at 10:50 PM

hopefully avoiding terms of usage, barely,,,

I can totally comprehende, now, the end of regimes. Like mussulini. Where the people get so pissed, that it’s just the end. One way or another. I truly live in fear of my future. And those that I love as well. I don’t doubt we win, but damned what a hill to climb. It seems,, we do this every now and again. Make a mess of things and millions die about every 50 years, and we are overdue. I don’t think we can avoid it. This round we fight islamofascist and socialist. And we fight them from within as well. This Government needs to be purged of the enemy we are going to face. The reason is obvious.

wolly4321 on September 14, 2012 at 10:50 PM

afterall burning a US flag is a gang initiation for Democrats anyway.

burrata on September 14, 2012 at 10:42 PM

I think you have to face Mecca and boo God while you burn it.

TxAnn56 on September 14, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Is this what got Reagan elected?
I was not too young to remember, but my brain was fuzzier then.

OTTO on September 14, 2012 at 10:49 PM

No. It was mayonnaise, I think.

Lanceman on September 14, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Electrongod on September 14, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Clink?
I’m already clunk!

OTTO on September 14, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Phuk Interpol, the UN and the World Court. They all wish the destruction of the USA.
Read ‘America Alone’

Rio Linda Refugee on September 14, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Just don’t say a$$hole. Damn Townhall filters.

BacaDog on September 14, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Lanceman on September 14, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Humble…
I am sure…:)

Electrongod on September 14, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Outrage.
Is this what got Reagan elected?
I was not too young to remember, but my brain was fuzzier then.

OTTO on September 14, 2012 at 10:49 PM

There was that…but I think people also felt more optimistic after listening to Reagan..they wanted a happy ending.

Terrye on September 14, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Clink?
I’m already clunk!

OTTO on September 14, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I saw that…
your glass was frail and cracked…

Welcome…

Electrongod on September 14, 2012 at 10:52 PM

No. It was mayonnaise, I think.

Lanceman on September 14, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Your brain was fuzzy too? /s

OTTO on September 14, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Dark Star on September 14, 2012 at 10:45 PM

I am personally DISGUSTED (Sam Kennison rant off) by them, but that’s just me.

Rio Linda Refugee on September 14, 2012 at 10:53 PM

If I were one of those four widows, I would quietly bury my husband.
And then, I would unleash terror and hell like they have never seen before.
They being our government.

RovesChins on September 14, 2012 at 10:45 PM

I feel so horribly for the families. I would not blame them for being livid in their grief. They are owed the truth.

But, as with Eric Holder and the Fast and Furious, there will be obfuscation and lies. Unfortunately for Preezy, he’s going to have to play nice and not roll Hill under the bus until the election is over. He needs Bubba’s support. Isn’t it sickening?

The leaks that we have heard and will hear in the near future will tell the tale. Both Team Barry and Team Hillary will be squealing to the press to cover themselves. Ugh.

Philly on September 14, 2012 at 10:54 PM

WaPo’s Karen Tumulty on Greta just used the phrase: Political scientists call this a period to wrap the POTUS in the American flag…

d1carter on September 14, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Terrye on September 14, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Right now I’m just looking for an ending.
Please mommy make it stop!

OTTO on September 14, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Plus the article from the Independent yesterday that there was warning to the State Department 48 h prior to the Libya consulate attack. which the Barry White House tried to parse by saying that there was no “actionable” information.

Some house committee needs to have hearings on Barry/Hillary’s failures very soon.

bayview on September 14, 2012 at 10:08 PM

They can parse all they want. FACT: a rube like me knows that our embassies/consulates in countries with unstable governments — such as Libya — needed beefed up security on 9/11 without any kind of information — actionable, credible or totally cracked out.

In fact, I am shocked & disgusted to learn that the “leaders” we have not only didn’t know that, but left those poor people basically with less security than I have (i.e., I’ve got a deadbolt, ADP security AND real bullets).

Dark Star on September 14, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Just don’t say a$$hole. Damn Townhall filters.

BacaDog on September 14, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I give extra points for creative spelling of filtered and banned words, adding said posters to my list of heroes.

Rio Linda Refugee on September 14, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Good luck with that Islam internet thingie, you would have to arrest half the world.

Bishop on September 14, 2012 at 10:56 PM

They ended up shooting themselves in the foot on that too, because it was only hours later revealed that the ‘filmmaker’ was also a government informant working for the FBI. The muslims will spin that into ‘an agent of the US government’. Another bangup job by the moron Eric Holder!

slickwillie2001 on September 14, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Once upon a time, not too long ago, this country was able to keep Salman Rushdie alive .

burrata on September 14, 2012 at 10:56 PM

What I tried to say, before the dumba$$ Townhall filters wouldn’t let me say dumba$$…….

If one of the white house reporters had any balls, they’d say ” who the hell are you to tell me what’s off limits? You work for me a$$hole, not the other way around”.

BacaDog on September 14, 2012 at 10:57 PM

d1carter on September 14, 2012 at 10:55 PM

He wouldn’t do that. I think he would be afraid it would set himself on fire too.

Night Owl on September 14, 2012 at 10:57 PM

d1carter on September 14, 2012 at 10:55 PM

The SCOAMF would rather be in the streets with the savages burning the flag.

Rio Linda Refugee on September 14, 2012 at 10:58 PM

I am disgusted with what SOS Hillary said at the hanger…

With the caskets of our people that they put in harms way…
All for some vision that if you stand behind a mob….
That democracy will prevail and they will love us…

Thanks Obama and Hillary….

We are minus 4 Americans……

Electrongod on September 14, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Yea God’s…. I have been invaded….

My niece has successfully invade me… :O

SWalker on September 14, 2012 at 10:58 PM

I am personally DISGUSTED (Sam Kennison rant off) by them, but that’s just me.

Rio Linda Refugee on September 14, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Disgust is soooo yesterday.
OUTRAGE! Its all the rage.
Sing with me!
OUTRAGE!
OUTRAGE!
OUTRAGE!
OUTRAGE!
OUTRAGE!
Wish I never quit that metal band. :)

OTTO on September 14, 2012 at 10:58 PM

We Are All Bin Laden!

Rea1ityCheck on September 14, 2012 at 10:59 PM

On the anniversary of 9/11, an American ambassador was brutally murdered and an AQ flag was hoisted over a burning American embassy.

In response, the US government has tried to restrict freedom of speech and the American media has banded together to turn its wrath on Mitt Romney.

Election or no election, America seems to be finished.

People get the governments they deserve.

The Resolute Desk on September 14, 2012 at 10:59 PM

BacaDog on September 14, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Ha! They would have to get off their knees first.

RovesChins on September 14, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Dark Star on September 14, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Me too.

Terrye on September 14, 2012 at 10:50 PM

It’s disgusting! How did we get to this point?

They are not even embarrased by their own immorality.

And I do believe it is immoral to keep the truth from those who depend on you for information.

They almost seem proud of their bias, like we’re all a bunch of dolts who need to be fed their crap!

I am so disgusted right now, I cound punch someone!

ccrosby on September 14, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Disgust is soooo yesterday.
OUTRAGE! Its all the rage.
Sing with me!
OUTRAGE!
OUTRAGE!
OUTRAGE!
OUTRAGE!
OUTRAGE!
Wish I never quit that metal band. :)

OTTO on September 14, 2012 at 10:58 PM

We usually post songs on QoTD.
Not sure if anyone has the patience for anything other than to rage.

RovesChins on September 14, 2012 at 11:00 PM

I saw Pat Buchanan on Greta tonight. And I’ve re-watched the pathetically funny Schmoe Scarborough there. When Pat used to be on that show, I never missed it. Now, Schmoe is just head patient in a rubber room.

Marcus on September 14, 2012 at 11:01 PM

We usually post songs on QoTD.
Not sure if anyone has the patience for anything other than to rage.

RovesChins on September 14, 2012 at 11:00 PM

No songs for me tonight.

I’m in mourning for four Americans and my country.

GrannyDee on September 14, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Auto-play?

Seriously?

jaime on September 14, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Rea1ityCheck on September 14, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Can’t make it out, but if you mean were all dead, well…

OTTO on September 14, 2012 at 11:02 PM

The absolute arrogance of the media (Joe Scarborough) to think they are more important than a Presidential candidate in terms of who should be out front first in a crisis,…is mind blowing!!

katy on September 14, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Not sure if anyone has the patience for anything other than to rage.

RovesChins on September 14, 2012 at 11:00 PM

That why I wish I still played in the band.
So much painful inspiration, so much release.
Could never scream loud enough at Bush, or Clinton for that matter.
Rage from the right.
I like.

OTTO on September 14, 2012 at 11:06 PM

But sesquipedalian said this morning that there’s a huge difference btw. an embassy and a consulate, you rubes.

Schadenfreude on September 14, 2012 at 11:06 PM

You dont remember…

SWalker on September 14, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Hers one for OTTO, normally I save it for trolls, you’re not a troll but I am in a sharing mood. Turn up your volume OTTO. Enjoy rage at its finest. The last lines are very pointed but oh so true. Enjoy!

Bmore on September 14, 2012 at 11:07 PM

John Bolton on FNC

Steveangell on September 14, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Watch this very powerful ad by American Crossroads: “Mr President it is time to show up for work”….

mnjg on September 14, 2012 at 11:08 PM

mnjg on September 14, 2012 at 11:08 PM

That’s a damned good ad, shame not enough people will see it.

SWalker on September 14, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Schadenfreude on September 14, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Saw that..

But what was mentioned to sesquip…whatever….

Americans died…..

Electrongod on September 14, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Dark Star on September 14, 2012 at 10:45 PM

..hello, D.S.! You were kind enough to send along a greeting to me the other night and I bolted without acknowledging you. Sorry.

And, while I am at it, howdy to Jackie, GiGi, Schade, Dire, BMore, Rove’s Chins (*snicker*), Terrye, and the rest of the QOTD crew.

Oh, and a hearty pound sand to GutMeAnPokeMe, Dr Rin Tin Tin, Susquehannaian, Tittyhawk, and the other clueless stooges who grovel for attention here.

Hijack question of the day: Will the anger over these M.E. incidents and the MSM Obama fluffery (and concomitant Romney enmity) start to take a toll on this turd bag POTUS?

Inquiring minds.

The War Planner on September 14, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Thanks for the laughs, dorks.

Schadenfreude on September 14, 2012 at 11:10 PM

GrannyDee on September 14, 2012 at 11:01 PM

As much as I feel the same, we must fight on even in song.
The mourning must wait until the battle is won.
Do not tarry.
This is war.

OTTO on September 14, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Not sure if anyone has the patience for anything other than to rage.

RovesChins on September 14, 2012 at 11:00 PM

That why I wish I still played in the band.
So much painful inspiration, so much release.
Could never scream loud enough at Bush, or Clinton for that matter.
Rage from the right.
I like.

OTTO on September 14, 2012 at 11:06 PM

We don’t get mad often, but when we do, well, you get the Tea Party and 2010.
The left get raped and destroy property and fester in a pool of their own crap.

RovesChins on September 14, 2012 at 11:11 PM

A CNN reporter is telling CNN things that they do not want to hear. The Libyan government says it appears like a pre planned attack to drive a wedge between Libya and the US. The building that was burned had no security when she was there. The Libyan government is questioning the US’s lack of security at the consulate.

d1carter on September 14, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Saw that..

But what was mentioned to sesquip…whatever….

Americans died…..

Electrongod on September 14, 2012 at 11:10 PM

sesquipdip$hitis a vile and disgusting excuse for a human being. I’m from southern California,for me to say that ought to tell you something.

SWalker on September 14, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I have never said these four words before. Thank you, Jake Tapper.

You stayed on point, didn’t let up, and showed lies where they live. Thanks for being a journalist today.

TXUS on September 14, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Schadenfreude on September 14, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Saw that..

But what was mentioned to sesquip…whatever….

Americans died…..

Electrongod on September 14, 2012 at 11:10 PM

You guys have to pity poor Yellow Sesippycupdalian Gerbil.
Where he works, the sun doesn’t ever shine.

RovesChins on September 14, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Schadenfreude on September 14, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Free Speech > whiny piss ants

OTTO on September 14, 2012 at 11:14 PM

SWalker on September 14, 2012 at 11:11 PM

..hot enough for your down there in SD, SW? We’re frying our buns off up her in O.C.

The War Planner on September 14, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Oh, almost forgot. Language warning on above video. ; )

Bmore on September 14, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I’m from southern California,for me to say that ought to tell you something.

SWalker on September 14, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Dang straight…

I haven’t been to Southern Cal..

Only to Botox district….

Is it better South of there?

Electrongod on September 14, 2012 at 11:14 PM

The War Planner on September 14, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Don’t lump ddrintintin in with the rest of those douchebags.

Lanceman on September 14, 2012 at 11:14 PM

You guys have to pity poor Yellow Sesippycupdalian Gerbil.
Where he works, the sun doesn’t ever shine.

RovesChins on September 14, 2012 at 11:13 PM

No…I’m from southern California, were about as easy going and forgiving of perverts as they come, and I utterly reject the idea of giving that human douche bag any pity at all.

SWalker on September 14, 2012 at 11:15 PM

I’m not a Marine on guard at an embassy, but MY CIC(me) insists on fully loaded weapons in this compound 24/7.

It’s North Africa.

They own this. They cannot shift the blame for this to a frigging utube video.

What a sad joke.

What’s worse is todays photo op at thier bodies coming back after thier failures. It makes me sick.

And they even had the nerve to speak???

I detest these people. They keep pushing boundaries of morality, and offend even more.

I don’t like detesting people. It pisses me off.

wolly4321 on September 14, 2012 at 11:15 PM

The only way out for the administration is to hide the facts as long as they can, even after the election (should Obama win).

Mitt, secure this nation and restore her great stature as the leader of the world. Seek out the truth behind this tragedy. At this point, we have no faith in our leadership – not even to protect us from our enemies. If this is how the Obama administration treats their employees, the rest of us common folk are toast under their watch.

You shut down a company to find an employee’s missing daughter. Shut down this dysfunctional administration for good so we can again believe that someone will defend us from our enemies.

Philly on September 14, 2012 at 11:15 PM

The left get raped and destroy property and fester in a pool of their own crap.

RovesChins on September 14, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Arab Spring Break?

OTTO on September 14, 2012 at 11:16 PM

That’s a damned good ad, shame not enough people will see it.

SWalker on September 14, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Enough people will see it where it matters in these elections.

mnjg on September 14, 2012 at 11:16 PM

The War Planner on September 14, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Hot enough to wonder if I was going to see Lucifer wandering around the streets today… :O

SWalker on September 14, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Lanceman on September 14, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I actually like him.

Bmore on September 14, 2012 at 11:16 PM

You guys have to pity poor Yellow Sesippycupdalian Gerbil.
Where he works, the sun doesn’t ever shine.

RovesChins on September 14, 2012 at 11:13 PM

\

But he is doing a job what Americans won’t do…

Mining for supporters..

Electrongod on September 14, 2012 at 11:16 PM

so when do we pitchfork and torch and whatnot?

GhoulAid on September 14, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Enough people will see it where it matters in these elections.

mnjg on September 14, 2012 at 11:16 PM

I honestly pray you are right.

SWalker on September 14, 2012 at 11:17 PM

MSM is working very hard to demoralize anti-Barry voters, first with the fictitious Barry Convention bounce, and now trying to push the NBC/Marist polls in the battleground states.

Note the language of Jonathan Karl of ABC News, who said tonight” There were polls out from 3 battleground states, Fl, VA and OH (yes, the one with a +10 Dem overweight in OH), and in all 3 states, Romney was tanking.” Neutral opinion, no?

Nevermind Rasmussen noted Barry only by +1, and Gravis had Romney +5 in VA. Rasmussen had Barry +2, and AIF/McLaughlin had Romney +3 in FL.

bayview on September 14, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I actually like him.

Bmore on September 14, 2012 at 11:16 PM

DDRintintin is a good guy. So is FloatingCrock.

They’ve just temporarily lost it.

Lanceman on September 14, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Bmore on September 14, 2012 at 11:16 PM

But I may need to grow, uh, gills…

Lanceman on September 14, 2012 at 11:18 PM

wolly4321 on September 14, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Thank you.
God Bless

OTTO on September 14, 2012 at 11:18 PM

SWalker on September 14, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Lol! On the porch, enjoying a nice fire, chilly here. ; ). The South.

Bmore on September 14, 2012 at 11:19 PM

d1carter on September 14, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I said this the other night on a thread and it’s a disgusting thought but, this admin may have set up Stevens and the others and looked at this like they were just a sad casualty for a greater purpose.

It would not surprise me if this is the case.

Obama wants a meltdown.

For 4 years Obama has placed the dynamite, set the charges and with his re-election around the corner, it’s time to push the lever.

boom…

katy on September 14, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Lanceman on September 14, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I actually like him.

Bmore on September 14, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Yea, he’s ok when he isn’t hating on everybody for not voting for Sarah Palin. Floating Rock is the same way.

SWalker on September 14, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Scary, isn’t he?

wargamer6 on September 14, 2012 at 11:19 PM

mnjg on September 14, 2012 at 11:08 PM

So what they are saying is that because Obama is black, he is lazy ?
Racist dog-whistle…….
;-)

burrata on September 14, 2012 at 11:19 PM

You guys have to pity poor Yellow Sesippycupdalian Gerbil.
Where he works, the sun doesn’t ever shine.

RovesChins on September 14, 2012 at 11:13 PM

SWalker on September 14, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Me neither, I just love referring to him as Richard Gere’s favorite gerbil. He really puts his back into it.

RovesChins on September 14, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Lanceman on September 14, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Certainly very stubborn. Good ones to have at the barricades.

Bmore on September 14, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Friday morning I tried to check the QOTD thread, but there were CSS problems. This means that the whole site was displayed as “straight HTML”. (Also, no login available so that I could beg for help.)

No browser refreshes would work. I despaired. I emailed Ed (etc.) and when I got back from my walk, all was good.

Here’s a questionable connection. Enjoy?

RedCrow on September 14, 2012 at 11:20 PM

I actually like him.

Bmore on September 14, 2012 at 11:16 PM

DDRintintin is a good guy. So is FloatingCrock.

They’ve just temporarily lost it.

Lanceman on September 14, 2012 at 11:17 PM

BWAHAHAH… Just said the same thing… ;p

SWalker on September 14, 2012 at 11:20 PM

so when do we pitchfork and torch and whatnot?

GhoulAid on September 14, 2012 at 11:16 PM

My garden shed is open for business…fully stocked!

OTTO on September 14, 2012 at 11:20 PM

A Foreign Policy That Works

I note that the American ambassador in Iraq has not been murdered and his corpse dragged through the streets. I also recall that, a few years ago, when Muslims around the globe erupted in rioting over some Dutch cartoons, one Muslim country remained utterly pacific: George W. Bush’s Iraq.

Now..go listen to our POTUS promise good relations with the people of Islam in his 2008 campaign.

IlikedAUH2O on September 14, 2012 at 11:20 PM

OT-I’m to upset to talk about this topic, so has anyone looked at the Lincoln movie thread? What is the deal,I feel like I’m in an alternate universe.

MontanaMmmm on September 14, 2012 at 11:21 PM

SWalker on September 14, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Most of the people here would have voted Palin.

There’s just a few that wouldn’t – Buy Pastries, Dork-Star and three or four others.

But here we are.

Lanceman on September 14, 2012 at 11:21 PM

The left get raped and destroy property and fester in a pool of their own crap.

RovesChins on September 14, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Arab Spring Break?

OTTO on September 14, 2012 at 11:16 PM

When they say “wet t-shirt contest”, it usually means someone’s been shot.

RovesChins on September 14, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Scary, isn’t he?

wargamer6 on September 14, 2012 at 11:19 PM

You have succeeded at soliciting a laugh from my better half. Good job. Lol!

Bmore on September 14, 2012 at 11:22 PM

SWalker on September 14, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Lol! On the porch, enjoying a nice fire, chilly here. ; ). The South.

Bmore on September 14, 2012 at 11:19 PM

106 here this afternoon… just now getting down into the 80′s…

SWalker on September 14, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Inquiring minds.

The War Planner on September 14, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Howdy brother.

To your question, in a sane world…

Schadenfreude on September 14, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Certainly very stubborn. Good ones to have at the barricades.

Bmore on September 14, 2012 at 11:20 PM

I was thinking Tianenmen Square.

It would look good in a tank top.

Lanceman on September 14, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I looked everywhere for my quote above. I found it in Ann Coulter’s most recent column.

BTW, POTUS specifically mentioned his sister as a Muslim and that would help us.

HAS ANYONE CALLED THAT WOMAN?

IlikedAUH2O on September 14, 2012 at 11:23 PM

SWalker on September 14, 2012 at 11:16 PM

..back up in the hills where you are, it must get pretty hot, right? Well, I guessed you already answered that, dincha?

I guess we’re due for a cool-down on Sunday. Still in all, I feel like a piker compared to OmahaConservative who had to endure that scalding Midwest Summer and drought.

The War Planner on September 14, 2012 at 11:24 PM

So what they are saying is that because Obama is black, he is lazy ?
Racist dog-whistle…….
;-)

burrata on September 14, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I think the ad just came out today, it may take few days before the left would go insane accusing us of being racist for showing the true lazy nature of the welfare queens agitator…

mnjg on September 14, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Here’s a questionable connection. Enjoy?

RedCrow on September 14, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Evening RC, wouldn’t load on the iPad thingy, what was the link?

Bmore on September 14, 2012 at 11:24 PM

SWalker on September 14, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Most of the people here would have voted Palin.

But here we are.

Lanceman on September 14, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I put Darkstar in the same category as DD and FR, not bad people, just well, emotionally compromised.

SWalker on September 14, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I’m already clunk!

OTTO on September 14, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Funny. :) I don’t even know you, but I caught up on the other threads before I came here and just saw your other half cut you off. :)

Axe on September 14, 2012 at 11:25 PM