DNC speech only second-most epic TV appearance Jennifer Granholm ever made

posted at 12:01 pm on September 14, 2012 by Mary Katharine Ham

As E.M. Zanotti puts it, this is indeed a “gift to the world.” Jennifer Granholm, The Dating Game, 1978.

This really happened. Watch as Jennifer chooses between an amateur magician, a “male model” and a “robust” man who speaks five languages.

Who does then 19-year-old Granholm end up with? And, more importantly, where did she get those suspenders?! The whole thing must be watched. Since we’re having “That ’70s Election,” indulge in the low-rent production values, the awkward double entendre neutered by network standards and bachelor IQs, and evidence of enough aerosol hairspray to suggest Granholm might favor cap-and-trade as penance, not just policy. The Detroit Free-Press has details on how the gem came to light. Thank Facebook!

Further evidence of our being mired in ’70s-style ennui and self-flagellation? I watched “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” yesterday— not just because I find brunettes with gigantic teeth to be an inspiration— and found all of her clothes charming and wearable! Lord help us!

Mary Tyler Moore collage

To be fair, that jumpsuit would be reserved for kitschy parties and I might lose the bandana, but still!

Finally, need I remind you the viral video of the week was of a streaker? Cue the “Twilight Zone” theme. Observe your official content warning. This is slightly NSFW. There is a butt in it:

And, if you like a fun mix of pop culture, politics, and occasional fashion by a great writer, check in with our friend E.M. Zanotti frequently at NakedDC! She created “Hey Girl, It’s Paul Ryan,” so she’s got to be great.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Did she invent the push up bra in 1979?

faraway on September 14, 2012 at 12:20 PM

…they didn’t have breast augmentation much back then…but you would have done well with ‘falsies’ stock!

KOOLAID2 on September 14, 2012 at 1:50 PM

GrandMole is just a syphilistic political whore!

KOOLAID2 on September 14, 2012 at 12:12 PM

In your whole sad life you never got a woman that looked this hot – 70′s fashion abomination or not.

plewis on September 14, 2012 at 1:24 PM

…well…you haven’t seen my wife!…but then again to be fair!…I haven’t seen YOUR cows, pigs or sheep!

KOOLAID2 on September 14, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Really cool that she went to Palm Springs with Ellis from Die Hard

I wonder if he introduced her to Bruce Willis.

Noncentsical on September 14, 2012 at 1:59 PM

“Oh, you betcha!”

LMAO

Jaibones on September 14, 2012 at 2:03 PM

The 70′s were a great time to be a kid and the last decade kids got to be kids.

Starting with the 80′s, kids were forced to grow up as fast as possible.

Moesart on September 14, 2012 at 2:10 PM

<blockquoteno!…GrandMole is just a syphilistic political whore!

KOOLAID2 on September 14, 2012 at 12:12 PM

plewis on September 14, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Yes, grandpa, only problem with that is that she’s 100 years old and she’s not hot in 2013, you know..oh, and she screams hysterically when she’s on a stage, howard dean style…and now excuse me if I interrupted your…you know what :)….carry on, I’ll be gone…it’s just you, your palm and Jurgens…and the above video, of course :)

jimver on September 14, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Whatcha wanna bet she gave some away to Door No. 2?

TXUS on September 14, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Seminole streaker, shot by Chuck Boyd.

True. I thought the screenshot was different. I trust you guys to handle this matter with maturity and prudence.

Mary Katharine Ham on September 14, 2012 at 12:18 PM

. . . . . . ♫ Lookatthat, lookatthat,♪ There he goes ♫ . . . . . .
Was that mature and/or prudent enough?
We know why you chose this video, Mrs. X . . . : )

listens2glenn on September 14, 2012 at 2:48 PM

jimver on September 14, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Hang on there, junior. She’s one year older than I am and I’m nowhere near 100 years old. As to the rest? Can’t argue with you there. ;)

totherightofthem on September 14, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Still not as embarrassing as her DNC speech.

Jim Treacher on September 14, 2012 at 3:30 PM

jimver on September 14, 2012 at 2:36 PM

totherightofthem on September 14, 2012 at 2:54 PM

:)…I meant to curb his enthusiasm a little and remind him that she’s not 19 anymore :)..

jimver on September 14, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Cute and sexy.

Dork B. on September 14, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Is this the video that’s giving all those Muzzies the fits?

If it is, now I understand….

Bruno Strozek on September 14, 2012 at 4:30 PM

I’m blown away. I wonder if she blew #2?

Conservative4Ever on September 14, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Did she invent the push up bra in 1979?

faraway on September 14, 2012 at 12:20 PM

KOOLAID2 on September 14, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I was going to say something about her boobs, but then I thought I’d let the rest of you bust on Obozo and Biden.

Laura in Maryland on September 14, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Has Bill Clinton seen this?

Fuquay Steve on September 14, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Honest to goodness, I’m more ashamed to be living in Michigan every day.

I only have one excuse: this is not my home. I just live here now; I didn’t grow up here.

Grace_is_sufficient on September 14, 2012 at 4:36 PM

“…Bachelor number three. Why do they call you the hedgehog?”

-Props for having her own U.P.

AmeriCuda on September 14, 2012 at 4:38 PM

She gave #3 that typical look of Lib disgust when she saw him..like…ewww get away from me. When she expected some big trip, the look of disgust again as she was being sent to magnificent..Palm Springs…a #7 bus connecting to a #9 bus away. The Lib wanted MORE FREE STUFF than that….thats my take

malkinmania on September 14, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Looks like she couldn’t keep her mouth shut back then, either! Her tongue was licking that awful lip gloss non-stop! EW!!! (shudder)

Sasha List on September 14, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Oh. Now I can see why she is more qualified to lead than Sarah Palin…

Spike72AFA on September 14, 2012 at 9:18 PM