Breaking: Foreign Policy President is also President Downgrade

posted at 5:23 pm on September 14, 2012 by Allahpundit

Actually, he’s been President Downgrade for more than a year now, hasn’t he?

S&P dropped U.S. credit to AA+. Egan-Jones gives us a solid AA-:

Ratings firm Egan-Jones cut its credit rating on the U.S. government to “AA-” from “AA,” citing its opinion that quantitative easing from the Federal Reserve would hurt the U.S. economy and the country’s credit quality…

In its downgrade, the firm said that issuing more currency and depressing interest rates through purchasing mortgage-backed securities does little to raise the U.S.’s real gross domestic product, but reduces the value of the dollar.

In turn, this increases the cost of commodities, which will pressure the profitability of businesses and increase the costs of consumers thereby reducing consumer purchasing power, the firm said.

Money line (literally) from the E-J report: “From 2006 to present, the US’s debt to GDP rose from 66% to 104% and will probably rise to 110% a year from today under current circumstances; the annual budget deficit is 8%. In comparison, Spain has a debt to GDP of 68.5% and an annual budget deficit of 8.5%.” O’s reaction to last year’s downgrade was to essentially shrug it off as a result of Republican recalcitrance and to blithely insist, contra all fiscal reason, that “We’ve always been, and always will be, a AAA country.” Expect to see that soundbite in a Romney attack ad soon, presumably as part of the critique suggested by James Pethokoukis. Namely, if the Fed’s sufficiently worried about Obamanomics that it needs a third dip in the QE pool, it’s high time for another president. Stick with O and we really might end up with a, er, solid B+.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

OT: Caroline Glick says Israeli TV is reporting a salafist attack on the MFO in the Sinai.

Deaths are reported.

gh on September 14, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Charlie Kaye‏@CharlieKayeCBS

BREAKING: Pentagon sources tell @CBSNews there has been an attack on Camp Bastion, Afghanistan and there are reports of casualties.

Two US Marines were killed in that attack. Barry will be going to another fund raiser tonight.

bayview on September 14, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Americans are under attack around the world and Dear Leader parties with his celeb buddies…

d1carter on September 14, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Unfortunately, most voters (independent and otherwise) would ask “What’s a Fed?”

Bitter Clinger on September 14, 2012 at 5:31 PM

That pretty well sums things up IMO!

Chewy the Lab on September 14, 2012 at 6:05 PM

bayview on September 14, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Wonder if he’ll say he’s had another “tough day”

HATE!

gophergirl on September 14, 2012 at 6:06 PM

d1carter on September 14, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Sad that millions of Dem voters are 100% OK with this. Obama really is just a celebrity at a time when our country so desperately needs an adult leader.

visions on September 14, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Time for Mr. downgrade to try and upgrade his campaign coffers! The DC elite are waiting for the party to begin.

scalleywag on September 14, 2012 at 6:06 PM

State department has responded …

gh on September 14, 2012 at 6:08 PM

What time is it?

………………………..*********………………………….
………………….****…..3am….*****………………….
…………….***..3am……..^……3am..***…………..
………..***..3am………….|……….3am..***………..
………***..3am……………|———>..3am..***……
………..***……3am…………………3am..***………..
…………….***..3am……………3am..***…………….
………………….****…..3am….*****…………………..
………………………..*********…………………………….

scrubjay on September 14, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I think we’re about to reach critical mass. I am beginning to wonder if the Occupy Wall Street Gangs will begin a reign of terror here at home on their first anniversary, Monday, Sept 17th, 2012.

….

Something is seriously wrong.

Key West Reader on September 14, 2012 at 6:09 PM

i linked to romney’s own ad. are you confused again?

sesquipedalian on September 14, 2012 at 6:02 PM

He gave you a good, solid B+.

That’s the highest grade he’s ever given to a douchebag.

Lanceman on September 14, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Actually, he’s been President Downgrade for more than a year now, hasn’t he?

The “downgrade” he should be just as interested about is his personal one among those in the Black community in Chi-Town and I suspect a lot of other places.

TXUS on September 14, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Sad irony: wasn’t there a H/A poster who, within the last few days posted that she (I think it was a she)was happy that her son-in-law (again, I think that was the familial relationship) was being re-assigned to Camp Leatherneck and that was a big relief to the family? I may be confusing this with one of my FB friends, but it’s been just nagging me since I heard about the attack at Camp Leatherneck…I hate senior moments!

Chewy the Lab on September 14, 2012 at 6:12 PM

it’s funny how people who gave us the bush recession are now acting shocked at where the country is.

sesquipedalian on September 14, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Tell me. Were we ever downgraded under Bush?

wargamer6 on September 14, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Chewy the Lab on September 14, 2012 at 6:12 PM

CHEWY!

Lanceman on September 14, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Will the legacy media follow the POTUS to the party tonight?

d1carter on September 14, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Booooosh!!!!1

Chuckie on September 14, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Tell me. Were we ever downgraded under Bush?

wargamer6 on September 14, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Well, before the ‘rats took over (San Fran Nan, Harcourt Fenton Reid, Dodd-Frank, et al), I was making money hand-over-fist, my house was worth something and I couldn’t walk down the schtreet without someone trying to offer me a job.

52+ months of economic growth negated by a feckless media, a dumbed down populace and an administration with an aversion to fight.

Lanceman on September 14, 2012 at 6:16 PM

sesquipedalian on September 14, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Indeed, those Democrats who brought us the overhaul of the Community Reinvestment Act will never learn. Although I would use the word sad, not funny.

NotCoach on September 14, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Lanceman on September 14, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Lance!

Chewy the Lab on September 14, 2012 at 6:17 PM

NotCoach on September 14, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Dodd-Frank had much to do with the meltdown.

Less than 15 months from those two bastards taking their respective banking committees.

Lanceman on September 14, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Lance!

Chewy the Lab on September 14, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Lotta old-timers comin’ back for this special occasion.

Lanceman on September 14, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Lotta old-timers comin’ back for this special occasion.

Missed you guys, it’s complicated!

Chewy the Lab on September 14, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Barack. Insane. Obama.

Rational Thought on September 14, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Very fitting…especially with the added periods.

kakypat on September 14, 2012 at 6:25 PM

bayview on September 14, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Dang! Another tough day for Obama!

Prayers for the families.

RIP brave warriors.

kakypat on September 14, 2012 at 6:27 PM

President Downgrade’s economy has even hit the Muslim protests. I just saw them burning a t shirt with the American Flag on it. I guess real flags are just too damn expensive.

RovesChins on September 14, 2012 at 6:28 PM

sesquipedalian on September 14, 2012 at 5:59 PM

As has been said, ignorance can be cured, stupid is forever. You have been informed and it has been shown to you time and again, that it was the Carter CRA and Clinton/Reno threat to banks along with Barney Frank and Chris CountryWide Dodd refusing to acknowledge the problem that led to the housing crisis and meltdown. You continue to insist on remaining stupid.

AZfederalist on September 14, 2012 at 6:29 PM

obama needs to be impeached and fade into the dustbin of history as the worst president in our history. If Romney doesn’t take some of this and just whip the crap out of the dems, he doesn’t deserve to be president. Won’t be surprised if the repubics snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. God save us and God save America.

ultracon on September 14, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Missed you guys, it’s complicated!

Chewy the Lab on September 14, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Yeah. HoustonRight just showed up again a month ago.

Lanceman on September 14, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Dodd-Frank had much to do with the meltdown.

Lanceman on September 14, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Dodd-Frank was adding insult to injury. First we get a government created recession, then we get government created anti-recovery. We don’t want to lose that wonderful government created recession after all.

NotCoach on September 14, 2012 at 6:31 PM

No Marines for our Libyan Ambassador, full security detail for…. Valerie Jarrett?

Grrrrrr

Key West Reader on September 14, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Priorities…..they don’t got none.

It’s enough to make you want to spit nails, isn’t it?

kakypat on September 14, 2012 at 6:32 PM

It’s enough to make you want to spit nails, isn’t it?

kakypat on September 14, 2012 at 6:32 PM

I don’t think I’ve been this angry in a long time.

gophergirl on September 14, 2012 at 6:35 PM

New ad from American Crossroads will leave a mark:

Naturally Curly on September 14, 2012 at 6:35 PM

gophergirl on September 14, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Ditto that!

kakypat on September 14, 2012 at 6:36 PM

It’s enough to make you want to spit nails, isn’t it?

kakypat on September 14, 2012 at 6:32 PM
I don’t think I’ve been this angry in a long time.

gophergirl on September 14, 2012 at 6:35 PM

I think they are trying to invoke anger.

Key West Reader on September 14, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Expect to see that soundbite in a Romney attack ad soon

We’ve been saying that for how long now, and still, nothing but wimpy ads from Romney.

HellCat on September 14, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Naturally Curly on September 14, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Excellent!

Mr. Eastwood’s meme…empty chair. It works!

kakypat on September 14, 2012 at 6:38 PM

I see sesquipedalian ran away again. Coward.

wargamer6 on September 14, 2012 at 6:38 PM

New ad from American Crossroads will leave a mark:

Naturally Curly on September 14, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Powerful, and it ends with the empty chair in the Oval Office…

ITguy on September 14, 2012 at 6:40 PM

I think they are trying to invoke anger.

Key West Reader on September 14, 2012 at 6:37 PM

You might be right about that. Though I, also, think they don’t know what the he!! they are doing.

Last week, he was the foreign policy president. This week, that’s shot, and Hillary is teetering on not being able to run at all in 2016.

So, not all is lost.

kakypat on September 14, 2012 at 6:40 PM

New ad from American Crossroads will leave a mark:

Naturally Curly on September 14, 2012 at 6:35 PM

I think Romney should run an ad with pictures of all the Embassy attacks, flags burning, etc with a voice over of Obama saying the war on terror is over, muslims will love us, etc.

gophergirl on September 14, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Is this the fundamental transformation we’ve all been waiting for from dear leader?
I’m angry, too, but I’m also worried and frightened because BO has put us at risk for a terrible series of calamities from which we may never recover. He needs to be removed from office.

gracie on September 14, 2012 at 6:41 PM

It’s enough to make you want to spit nails, isn’t it?

kakypat on September 14, 2012 at 6:32 PM
I don’t think I’ve been this angry in a long time.

gophergirl on September 14, 2012 at 6:35 PM

I think they are trying to invoke anger.

Key West Reader on September 14, 2012 at 6:37 PM

I’ve never been this furious in my entire life.

Naturally Curly on September 14, 2012 at 6:42 PM

If Romney blows this, it’ll make Bill Buckner’s slow roller look like a screaming line drive.

Mr. Wednesday Night on September 14, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Grrrrrr

Key West Reader on September 14, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Valerie Jarrett is the de facto President of the United States. Barry does nothing without her approval. In my opinion, that is why she has a full secret service detail…

And yes, it’s sick that she gets that while our ambassador and others get practically nothing.

ITguy on September 14, 2012 at 6:42 PM

I think they are trying to invoke anger.

Key West Reader on September 14, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Probably but they don’t get that anger for Conservatives usually results in us more resolute than ever.

Maybe I just need a good cry to feel better.

gophergirl on September 14, 2012 at 6:43 PM

gophergirl on September 14, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Romney might not do that, but I bet a similar ad will be coming from one of the Super Pacs. That’s right up their alley.

kakypat on September 14, 2012 at 6:44 PM

ITguy on September 14, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Absolutely right, and your astute post bears repeating.

kakypat on September 14, 2012 at 6:45 PM

kakypat on September 14, 2012 at 6:44 PM

I walk on my lunch hour with the same coworkers every day. Today I mentioned Libya and my coworker had no idea what I was talking about. I had to tell him everything that has been going on from 9/11 to today.

I can’t believe people are that oblivious to the world.

gophergirl on September 14, 2012 at 6:46 PM

I think they are trying to invoke anger.

Key West Reader on September 14, 2012 at 6:37 PM

I agree, and I strongly urge everyone to keep their cool. Obama WANTS to bait us into doing something angry. He WANTS an excuse to declare martial law.

You will never get real freedom and recognition between black and white people in this country without destroying the country, without destroying the present political system, without destroying the present economic system, without rewriting the entire constitution. It will be a complete destruction of everything that America supposedly stands for.

Malcolm X

Only Malcolm X’s autobiography seemed to offer something different. His repeated acts of self-creation spoke to me. The blunt poetry of his words. His unadorned insistence on respect. He promised a new and uncompromising order, martial in its discipline.

Barack Hussein Obama

Hear these quotes spoken by those two men.

ITguy on September 14, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Tell me. Were we ever downgraded under Bush?

wargamer6 on September 14, 2012 at 6:13 PM

“deficits don’t matter:” tax cuts, medicare extension, wars pointless or neglected. fiscal meltdown. out of control defense costs. you voted for the guy who presided over all of that and y’all have the nerve to lecture democrats on spending… (when you’re not accusing them of cutting medicaid.)

sesquipedalian on September 14, 2012 at 6:49 PM

I can’t believe people are that oblivious to the world.

gophergirl on September 14, 2012 at 6:46 PM

It’s amazing how many people float through life without seeing what’s going on around them. They live in their own little worlds.

I mentioned up thread that one of the most liberal people I know has now thrown Obama under the bus. His reason……..these folks are dangerous! So, there’s that…

kakypat on September 14, 2012 at 6:49 PM

sesquipedalian on September 14, 2012 at 6:49 PM

In other words, No. Obama was in power for 2 and a half years before the first, another year for the 2nd. This is on him.

wargamer6 on September 14, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Tell me. Were we ever downgraded under Bush?

wargamer6 on September 14, 2012 at 6:13 PM

sesquipedalian on September 14, 2012 at 6:49 PM

I take it that’s a “NO”?

kakypat on September 14, 2012 at 6:51 PM

kakypat on September 14, 2012 at 6:49 PM

I think the coworker is on our side as well. But still – how in the world do you not know that the Middle East is basically on fire.

gophergirl on September 14, 2012 at 6:52 PM

sesquipedalian on September 14, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Heh. Obviously deficits don’t matter.

What an absolute piece of sh!t you are.

Lanceman on September 14, 2012 at 6:54 PM

gophergirl on September 14, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I have no idea how these people function!

As long as you, or someone else, keeps your coworker informed, there’s no telling how many other clueless people he/she will inform.

I bet it came as a real surprise.

kakypat on September 14, 2012 at 6:55 PM

ITguy on September 14, 2012 at 6:47 PM

This is what it is about.

It has been coming for a long, long time. I think Glenn Beck can be a real kookaboo, but on this point he’s correct.

“To defeat the ‘man’ you have to become ‘the man’… wear a nice suit, talk a good game, blah blah blah.

Obama was promoted from community agitator to national agitator complete with agitprop and billions from Soros.

This election will happen, and when it is over, Americans will come together again with a (ahem) collective (ahem) sigh of relief that we were able to escape these fools unscathed.

I would like to bring Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson up on charges of incitement of racial hatred, but that will come later.

Stay strong.

Key West Reader on September 14, 2012 at 6:56 PM

AZfederalist on September 14, 2012 at 6:29 PM

we were told tax cuts would pay for themselves. we were told not to worry about prescription coverage not being paid for at all (unlike obamacare). we were told iraq had nuclear weapons. we were told financial deregulation would help wealth trickle down to main street. this disaster of an economy is the legacy of the bush presidency. your guy.

sesquipedalian on September 14, 2012 at 6:56 PM

sesquipedalian on September 14, 2012 at 6:49 PM

So spaketh he with long name and short mind.

Key West Reader on September 14, 2012 at 6:58 PM

So, the president doesn’t have an incomplete grade anymore. He gets an AA-. GOP should be able to spin these letter grades on the economy in to a clever ad.

swellhotair on September 14, 2012 at 6:58 PM

sesquipedalian on September 14, 2012 at 6:56 PM

BUSHHH!!!1111

Downgrades happened under Obama’s watch, shitbrain. I thought that stimulus package would save us all?

wargamer6 on September 14, 2012 at 6:58 PM

AZfederalist on September 14, 2012 at 6:29 PM

You KNOW you’re talking to Stephanie Cutter, right?

Key West Reader on September 14, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Heh. Obviously deficits don’t matter.

What an absolute piece of sh!t you are.

Lanceman on September 14, 2012 at 6:54 PM

you mean that other pos? you know, the one without the heartbeat.

sesquipedalian on September 14, 2012 at 6:59 PM

sesquipedalian on September 14, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Biden?

wargamer6 on September 14, 2012 at 7:00 PM

From this point forward, I think we should adhere to the fact that every word spoken by Obama is full on donkeyshit.

You’ll sleep better knowing that you’re right. And we WILL have this election, so shun any thoughts of ‘martial law’; our Military will take this di** out and knock it in the dirt before they let anything happen to our Country.

And, for those who have contemplated Romney’s strategy and silence?

Have you contemplated the fact that Patreus might become Sec Def?

Sleep well.. We will get through this.

Key West Reader on September 14, 2012 at 7:02 PM

sesquipedalian on September 14, 2012 at 6:59 PM
Biden?

wargamer6 on September 14, 2012 at 7:00 PM

No, not Biden. Biden doesn’t use big words like sesquipedalian.

Key West Reader on September 14, 2012 at 7:03 PM

wargamer6 on September 14, 2012 at 6:58 PM

well, my newest moronic stalker, the US was downgraded last summer because of the gop wouldn’t agree to raise the debt limit.

Rationale

We lowered our long-term rating on the U.S. because we believe that the prolonged controversy over raising the statutory debt ceiling and the related fiscal policy debate indicate that further near-term progress containing the growth in public spending, especially on entitlements, or on reaching an agreement on raising revenues is less likely than we previously assumed and will remain a contentious and fitful process.

sesquipedalian on September 14, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Maybe I just need a good cry to feel better.

gophergirl on September 14, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Hugs GF! Don’t cry! Trust me, if we weren’t making progress, their meme would be very different! Keep talking to the folks you work with. There are a boat load of people that voted for this clown that still don’t think they can change. We need to give them the nudge so they know it’s ok when they go into that booth to press the NO-bama button!

Chewy the Lab on September 14, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Doubt the markets will care. Retail sales came in stronger than expected today, although the industrial production was a downer (thus confirming what we already knew – manufacturing is a drag). The real surprise was the early September consumer confidence number, which came in much, much stronger than anticipated and equal to the May number … last time we saw a 79.2 in the UMich survey before May was January 2008 – before the crash … dancing in the streets at the corner of Wall and Broad … Russell flirting with all time high, NAS hitting levels we have not seen since the tech bubble, and swear we can see the record for the Dow from here … keep this up and we’ll have to start taking profits again …

TouchdownBuddha on September 14, 2012 at 7:09 PM

sesquipedalian on September 14, 2012 at 7:03 PM

What about today? Is it the GOP’s fault? What about when it rains?

I’m stalking you? HA you wish. I’m just responding to a no life troll.

wargamer6 on September 14, 2012 at 7:10 PM

sesquipedalian on September 14, 2012 at 7:03 PM

You’re an interesting OFAbot. You should hide your profile a lil better.

Key West Reader on September 14, 2012 at 7:10 PM

wargamer6 on September 14, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Shhhh

Key West Reader on September 14, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Rationale

sesquipedalian on September 14, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Only someone as dishonest as yourself would post that paragraph and lie straight faced to the rest of us about why we were downgraded. Seriously, how friggen idiotic do you think we are? You really want to peddle this nonsense in which not raising the debt ceiling is bad for our credit? Not raising the debt ceiling means less government borrowing and spending, thus stronger credit in the long run. Let me ask you something genius. Does your bank lend your more money the more debt you take on, or less?

NotCoach on September 14, 2012 at 7:15 PM

For some really strange obamashit

Circa 2008.

Zoiks.

Key West Reader on September 14, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Wow, that internet video about Mohammed sure is doing damage!

PattyJ on September 14, 2012 at 7:19 PM

NotCoach on September 14, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Shht. Don’t provoke them

Key West Reader on September 14, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Jimmy Carter just tweeted that he feels much better about his place in American history now.

Vashta.Nerada on September 14, 2012 at 7:22 PM

What time is it?

………………………..*********………………………….
………………….****…..3am….*****………………….
…………….***..3am……..^……3am..***…………..
………..***..3am………….|……….3am..***………..
………***..3am……………|———>..3am..***……
………..***……3am…………………3am..***………..
…………….***..3am……………3am..***…………….
………………….****…..3am….*****…………………..
………………………..*********…………………………….

scrubjay on September 14, 2012 at 6:09 PM

:)… Time for obongo to go away :)..

jimver on September 14, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Rationale

sesquipedalian on September 14, 2012 at 7:03 PM

That…and the fact that we are kinda of a bigger Spain right now…note that I didn’t say Greece.. not yet, I mean….

jimver on September 14, 2012 at 7:35 PM

The story must be a mistake. Just got back from the Huffington Post it didn’t see it anywhere.

The Count on September 14, 2012 at 7:36 PM

For some really strange obamashit

Circa 2008.

Zoiks.

Key West Reader on September 14, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Back on September 27, 2008 at 7:20 PM, HotAir commenter TheBigOldDog said:

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” — Santayana

* Speeches in stadiums filled with mesmerized, adoring audiences – Check
* An uninspiring background before meteoric rise – Check
* Creates his own new symbols of power – Check
* Associates with racists, hatemongers and violent radicals – Check
* A propaganda machine willing to show him only in the best possible light – Check
* Uses, “glorious leader” style Agitprop posters common in totalitarian nations – Check (see German campaign poster for example)
* Wants Secret Police force – Check
* Somebody powerful people think they can control – Check
* Often dismissed as a light-weight by his opponents – Check
* Seeks to replace God with the State – Check
* People adopting his name as their own – Check
* Inspires adoration art – Check
* Appropriates symbols of past German glory – Check
* Never plans on giving up power – Check (Obama to be president for the next “eight to 10 years”)
* A narcissistic megalomaniac – Check
* Brazenly Takes credit for other people’s accomplishments – Check
* Wants to build “youth” movement through Universal National State service – Check
* Acts as if in power before he is – Check
* Some followers believe him to be divine – Check
* Worshiped and aided greatly by the media – Check
* Has his own salute – Check
* Has thuggish supporters intimdating political opponents – Check
* Using the power of the State to silence critics – Check

TheBigOldDog on September 27, 2008 at 7:20 PM

TheBigOldDog should add:

* Followers teach children to sing songs of praise to him – Check

* Followers fly a flag with his image – Check

Pay attention to history, and see these flags.

Anyone who thinks that could never happen here… should think again.

ITguy on September 14, 2012 at 7:39 PM

NotCoach on September 14, 2012 at 7:15 PM

let’s invert your highlights!

the gop didn’t take obama’s bargain because boehner could never sell the revenue increases to the gop in the grip of tea party fever. the facts are out there.

sesquipedalian on September 14, 2012 at 7:40 PM

he couldn’t sell it to the his house colleagues, i mean.

sesquipedalian on September 14, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Under the Obama Administration, rebels in Syria are being funded, armed and encouraged. The level of inhumanity they are meting out on the Syrian Army and Syrian Civilians rivals anything the Syrian government is doing. Abu Ghraib is preschool corner sitting compared to what the US Government is now sanctioning in Syria.

Where is Cindy Sheehan? Where is Nick Berg’s father? Where is Sean Penn and the rest of the Hollywood Left that was so concerned that the US was leading the world in torture being committed?

Our foreign policy under the Obama Administration should be grounds for impeachment.

hawkdriver on September 14, 2012 at 7:43 PM

NotCoach on September 14, 2012 at 7:15 PM

of course it’s bad for our credit if we default on interest payment. are you mad?

sesquipedalian on September 14, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Vashta.Nerada on September 14, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Here’s the ranking of average Employment-Population ratio by Presidency* for the last six Presidents:

63.4% Clinton Presidency (January 1993 – December 2000)
62.7% G.W.Bush Presidency (January 2001 – December 2008)
62.2% G.H.W.Bush Presidency (January 1989 – December 1992)
59.9% Reagan Presidency (January 1981 – December 1988)
59.1% Carter Presidency (January 1977- December 1980)
58.7% Obama Presidency (January 2009 – July 2012)

——————————————————–
Obama is officially worse than Carter.
——————————————————–

*Take the Employment-Population ratio data from 1977 to present, use Microsoft Excel to average the monthly numbers for each Presidency, and then sort them.

And the August 2012 numbers, at 58.3, were four-tenths of a point below Obama’s own average. Obama hasn’t been above even his own average since August 2009. Three straight years of below average performance.

Each and every month of the Obama Presidency has “featured” an Employment-Population ratio that was lower than it ever was under President George W. Bush.

The worst month under Bush was better than the best month under Obama, and Obama is officially worse than Carter.

ITguy on September 14, 2012 at 7:45 PM

ITguy on September 14, 2012 at 7:45 PM

in all fairness, you should wait until his term limit is – sadly! – up to get a better idea.

sesquipedalian on September 14, 2012 at 7:52 PM

ITguy on September 14, 2012 at 7:45 PM

also, see where the line is on january 2009? that fall right there is the bush legacy. beautiful illustration, thanks for the link.

sesquipedalian on September 14, 2012 at 7:55 PM

New ad from American Crossroads will leave a mark:

Naturally Curly on September 14, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Powerful, and it ends with the empty chair in the Oval Office…

ITguy on September 14, 2012 at 6:40 PM

I am feeling a little hope, after viewing that ad.

That’s the hardest hitting political ad – bar none – I have seen since Lyndon Johnson’s “daisy” ad that sank Goldwater.

Romeny needs to buy that ad and run it 24/7 – total saturation – until the election.

I feel like either someone at American Crossroads had the same idea, or read my comment from this morning. Either way – that ad gives me hope.

HEY MITT! RUN THAT AD!!!!!

I am going to try to back off the caps.

This day rage has been coming for 3-1/2 years. All patriots should be enraged at the mockery that a slacker named Soetoro is making of the presidency and of our beloved country.

Put the guy in jail for fraud for taking a public salary but refusing to do his job.

Romney’s next ad need to be split-screen:

On one side, burning embassies.

On the other side, a still shot of an empty presidential chair in the Oval Office.

Mitt, where are your stones??? A kindergartener can wwrite this ad.

cane_loader on September 14, 2012 at 10:56 AM

cane_loader on September 14, 2012 at 7:56 PM

sesquipedalian on September 14, 2012

Haha someone’s getting worried and big time. Your spin don’t fly Obama fluffer. You seem to forget his promises. You seem to forget that many Dems supported the wars and Obama supported Afghanistan. You seem to forget that the Dems were warned about the housing issues. You seem to forget the Dems controlled the Congress for four years starting in 2007 topped off with having Obama at the helm in his first two years…and he chose Obamacare over jobs. You guys phucked up and you phucked America.

16 trillion in debt, 8.1 percent unemployment…..really over 11, record numbers on food stamps… 4 dollar gas… and you’re ready to cheer? Blow me.

CW on September 14, 2012 at 7:59 PM

sesquipedalian on September 14, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Wait was Bush President then?

Quit licking Obama’s nads boy and think for yourself. Sheesh.

CW on September 14, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Septicpig

How’s that deficit reduction going btw?

You Obama fluffers are truly embarrassing.

CW on September 14, 2012 at 8:01 PM

As Obama’s bounce fizzles and his foreign policy ineptness becomes more and more pronounced the trolls will spin more and more out of control.

CW on September 14, 2012 at 8:02 PM

A June Federal Reserve study revealed that the median value of pretax family income fell 7.7 percent between 2007 and 2010; during the same period, median net worth declined a whopping 38.8 percent, and mean net worth dropped 14.7 percent. The Fed’s quarterly flow of funds reports have consistently shown flat household net worth since 2010. At $62.9 trillion in the first quarter of this year, household net worth is still almost $5 trillion below where it was in 2007.

Tim Cavanaugh

Obama’s awesome according to our troll.

Cough, cough. I think I don’t trust its understanding of what has really happened under Obama.

CW on September 14, 2012 at 8:05 PM

sesquipedalian on September 14, 2012 at 7:40 PM

OK, so you don’t know how to read. At least we’ve got that cleared up. Anyone with a 2nd reading comprehensions knows that paragraph does not say what you claim it does. They talk about the debt ceiling debate, which encompassed spending and revenue. Our creditors don’t care about the debt ceiling. They care about spending and he ability to pay for said spending. All of us have made it past the 2nd grade around here, so you need to find a different audience.

And by revenue increases you mean tax increases, correct? Yeah, rasing taxes during a never ending recession certainly is a political winner. Of course Boehner did tentatively agree to a deal and Obama suddenly doubled his demanded tax increases. Again, we don’t have the attention span of infants. Perhaps preschoolers might be impressed with your dishonesty?

sesquipedalian on September 14, 2012 at 7:44 PM

So in your world the first thing we would cut would be debt service? Us adults would cut back on everything else and continue to service the debt. Not borrowing anymore does not mean zero revenue, it just means no more borrowing.

NotCoach on September 14, 2012 at 8:08 PM