WSJ/NBC poll: Obama now leads by five in Virginia and Florida, by seven in Ohio

posted at 8:03 pm on September 13, 2012 by Allahpundit

I know your first thought is always of the samples, so here you go: I’m listing the WSJ/NBC poll partisan split first and then the 2008 exit poll split for each state for comparison. And yes, this is likely voters:

Virginia: 31D/26R/43I (39/33/27)

Ohio: 38D/28R/32I (39/31/30)

Florida: 35D/33R/30I (37/34/29)

The Democratic turnout advantage in this model would be only a point less in Virginia and Florida than it was at the apex of Hopenchange in 2008, and in Ohio it would actually be two points greater. That’s not happening in November, but O’s lead in each state is wide enough here that I think he probably is ahead — narrowly. According to RCP’s averages, in fact, he’s up by just 1.3 points in Florida and 0.4 points in Virginia, and those numbers incorporate his gaudy leads in this WSJ/NBC poll. Even more reason not to panic: This poll was conducted from Sept. 9-11, when Obama still had a bit of a convention bounce. That bounce now appears to be gone; Ramussen’s daily tracker actually has Romney back in the lead today nationally.

The real worry for Romney is Ohio, where he’s now down 4.2 points in the RCP average and which is virtually must-win. Unemployment’s down to 7.2 percent there and the auto bailout is popular; Ohio’s also a sharp contrast with Wisconsin insofar as Kasich’s proposed collective-bargaining reforms for public-employee unions went down in flames at the polls. Not going to be easy for Romney. And per WSJ/NBC, there aren’t many undecideds left in swing states:

What’s particularly striking about these polls, Miringoff observes, is how most voters in these battleground states have already made up their minds, with just 5 to 6 percent saying they’re undecided, and with more than 80 percent signaling that they strongly support their candidate.

“Those who are thinking of voting have pretty much picked sides,” he says.

In Florida and Virginia, Obama and Romney are essentially tied among likely voters on the question of which candidate would do a better job handling the economy, although Obama has a four-point advantage on this question in Ohio.

But when it comes to handling foreign policy, the incumbent Democratic president enjoys a double-digit lead over his Republican challenger.

Again, this poll was conducted from Sunday through Tuesday, the day of the embassy attacks in Cairo and Benghazi. Let’s see how that foreign-policy question looks next week. On the other hand, because eeyore’s gotta be eeyore, note that Fox News’s national poll released last night is also showing a national lead for Obama of five points, 48/43. That poll was conducted over the same period as WSJ/NBC’s, so there’s bounciness built in there too, and the partisan split — 42D vs. 36R — strikes me as a bit more Democratic than we’ll see on election day. But again, the takeaway here is that O probably is ahead by a point or two. Nothing fatal. But Mitt needs a little momentum.

Click the image below for Pat Caddell’s thoughts on the worst campaign evah. Exit question: Team Romney’s now counting on the debates to be their launching pad, but, er, have the debates ever actually decided an election? Says John Sides, “Indeed, scholars who have looked most carefully at the data have found that, when it comes to shifting enough votes to decide the outcome of the election, presidential debates have rarely, if ever, mattered.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 7

Oh you have some points but our reality is our reality and Romney would be 10 times better than Obama.

CW on September 13, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Given the fiscal situation of the country; does it really matter?

I said it 4 years ago, and I continue to say it. The country is staring at the fiscal abyss and who wants to be at the head of the wheel when it goes under? The party who is will be blamed for decades. And given that, if Obama leaves office in 2020, he will be responsible for 1/2 (50%) of the debt (wrap your mind around that one), it’d be funny to watch liberals explain that one way.

lorien1973 on September 13, 2012 at 8:49 PM

4 arrested in Libya about attack.

Obama gets the credit on this. The media will hail “justice”.

PappyD61 on September 13, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Obama owns the Arab Spring. A nominally competent candidate or party should be able to exploit this and crush the JEF in November.

Valiant on September 13, 2012 at 8:49 PM

……I weep for our children.

PappyD61 on September 13, 2012 at 8:46 PM

What 50 k in debt for every person in this country doesn’t thrill ya? A country that puts up with the attack on our rights doesn’t thrill you with glee? A country that daily sees more people relying on the system to pay the bills doesn’t excite you? A country in which people can be forced to buy a privately produced product doesn’t make you giggle with glee?

You’re a glass half full type I can tell./

CW on September 13, 2012 at 8:50 PM

And was the problem, the second people decided that a moderate was the way to go. It’s not like some of us didn’t warn people.

lorien1973 on September 13, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Oh give it a rest..there is no reason to believe that anyone else would do any better…in fact, if they could not beat Romney what makes you think this mythical TruCon was going to beat Obama? I do not even remember anyone like that running for the nomination in fact.

Romney has to deal with a turn coat press and a vicious Democratic party, he should not have to deal with sore loser cry babies too.

Terrye on September 13, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Philip Klein‏@philipaklein

NBC/WSJ/Marist poll in Ohio is +10 Dems. Was +8 in 2008. Im not saying Obama isn’t winning, but can he outperform 2008?

Left out of this analysis is the 2010 partisan breakdown in those states.

RedRedRice on September 13, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Here you go.

gophergirl on September 13, 2012 at 8:50 PM

it’d be funny to watch liberals explain that one way.

lorien1973 on September 13, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Who has the ins with the press?

CW on September 13, 2012 at 8:51 PM

You Obama crotch-sniffers are counting your chickens pretty early, aren’t you?

There are still seven weeks to go in this race. The situation in the Middle East is going to get worse, and the stock market is overdue for a major correction (and given Bernanke’s obvious desperation, the next one could be quite nasty).

And then there is the small matter of Iran and the Israelis . . .

A lot can happen to change the political landscape in seven weeks. Stay tuned.

AZCoyote on September 13, 2012 at 8:51 PM

I didn’t know that Michelle was running for President in 2016, after O is term-limited.

Aw hell, like the Constitution matters to Teh Won anyway…

Myron Falwell on September 13, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Given the fiscal situation of the country; does it really matter?

lorien1973 on September 13, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Well I will put you down as a vote for Obama.

CW on September 13, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Valiant on September 13, 2012 at 8:49 PM

They should, but do not underestimate the ability of the media to lie to the American people. Thus far they have spent more time talking about a meanie Romney is than they have talking about the assaults on our embassies and the murders of Americans abroad.

Terrye on September 13, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Who has the ins with the press?

CW on September 13, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Being responsible for $10 trillion in debt in 8 years is a rough one to wash away. ;)

lorien1973 on September 13, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I wanna see a whole lot of apologies to Glenn Beck – who told us all about the Islamist Caliphate. And I’m not fricken kidding

Slade73 on September 13, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Why do people continue to site RCP averages when many of the polls they use in the average are too far out of date.

crazywater on September 13, 2012 at 8:53 PM

lorien1973 on September 13, 2012 at 8:52 PM

$10 trillion.
Little to no growth in the economy.
High unemployment.

It’s a pure indictment of Keynesianism.

lorien1973 on September 13, 2012 at 8:53 PM

lorien1973 on September 13, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Have you been awake the last years?

CW on September 13, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Virginia numbers don’t surprise me one bit. I’ve been inundated by Obama ads on television while seeing only 2 Romney ads this entire campaign season.

I’ve had 2 visits to my door by Obama supporters, nothing from Romney other than a recorded message inviting me to a rally at the airport.

Obama’s campaign is actually campaigning in Virginia. Romney’s campaign is pretty much non-existent.

ButterflyDragon on September 13, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Where are you in VA? They’ve campaigned in the state quite a bit…Paul Ryan is even coming to my neck of the woods tomorrow.

changer1701 on September 13, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Left out of this analysis is the 2010 partisan breakdown in those states.

RedRedRice on September 13, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Here you go.

gophergirl on September 13, 2012 at 8:50 PM

That is true.

Terrye on September 13, 2012 at 8:54 PM

but I’m not ready to weep yet.

Just pissed the Romney campaign doesn’t seem to be more aggressive.

Where are the devastating ads Mr. Romney?

Where is the passion and the beat-down of the press?

PappyD61 on September 13, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Via Twitchy …

@GeraldoRivera
Saw 300 men on sidewalk in front of St Francis Assisi Church on W31 at 6am waiting for free breakfast. Never been so many, sad and scary
13 Sep 12
……

Obama is toast.

pambi on September 13, 2012 at 8:54 PM

A lot of comments from the leftonians lately have that vaguely terrifying feel to them.

Inside every liberal is a brownshirt screaming to get out.

Bishop on September 13, 2012 at 8:36 PM

It makes my skin crawl.

gophergirl on September 13, 2012 at 8:39 PM

I have two of my grandsons (5, 11) visiting. I am teaching them how to shoot with a 22 Beretta long barreled pistol. I don’t trust the progressives so my grandsons will be more competent around weapons before they go home in October. The beauty of Home Schooling is that I can carry on their lessons during the visit and no school is missed.

chemman on September 13, 2012 at 8:54 PM

too far out of date.

crazywater on September 13, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Very good point. Their aggregate score is almost worthless.

CW on September 13, 2012 at 8:54 PM

“There are still seven weeks to go in this race.”

Rarely does the trailing candidate in mid September go on to win in November. Reagan did it, but he was the exception and not the rule. If you can think of others, name them.

gumbyandpokey on September 13, 2012 at 8:55 PM

crazywater on September 13, 2012 at 8:53 PM

The polls will become accurate about a week before the election. To salvage credibility.

Lanceman on September 13, 2012 at 8:55 PM

lets see. so we nominate Santorum. don;t you think the NBC/wsj poll would not plus 10 democrats because it was Santorum.

the polls would be worse.

gerrym51 on September 13, 2012 at 8:55 PM

we’ll call him papa barack.
sesquipedalian on September 13, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Ahhh the old ein volk, ein reich, ein fuhrer bit. Yep we’ve seen your ilk before.

bbinfl on September 13, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Have you been awake the last years?

CW on September 13, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Yeah. And they have to ignore it now and pretend like it doesn’t exist. It’s that bad -already- with a GOP who is, apparently, unwilling to tighten the noose.

lorien1973 on September 13, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I think somebody is talking to itself.

CW on September 13, 2012 at 8:55 PM

if Obama leaves office in 2020,
lorien1973 on September 13, 2012 at 8:49 PM

2020?

Do you know something we don’t?

AZCoyote on September 13, 2012 at 8:56 PM

I hesitate to say blow them off the map, cause I love peace. Peace isn’t dragging my dead ambassador to the hospital (wink ;)

Slade73 on September 13, 2012 at 8:56 PM

4 arrested in Libya about attack.

Obama gets the credit on this. The media will hail “justice”.

PappyD61 on September 13, 2012 at 8:49 PM

But that might be tempered by the reports that they knew two days in advance and did nothing…

Terrye on September 13, 2012 at 8:56 PM

@GeraldoRivera
13 Sep 12
……

Obama is toast.

pambi on September 13, 2012 at 8:54 PM

For their breakfast???

Lanceman on September 13, 2012 at 8:56 PM

chemman on September 13, 2012 at 8:54 PM

I need to do that myself. I don’t know why I’ve been putting it off but I have.

Time to exercise my 2nd Amendment rights.

gophergirl on September 13, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Even if it’s in bogus polls, ” I can’t believe we’re losing to this guy”. What kind of idiots live in this country?!

BettyRuth on September 13, 2012 at 8:57 PM

I just read where Pat Toomey said that during his race, the public polls differed greatly from what his own polling was showing. So he is wary of these current polls, at least in PA.

Paddington on September 13, 2012 at 8:57 PM

RECORDS: OBAMA SKIPPED ALL DAILY INTELLLIGENCE BRIEFINGS SINCE SEPT. 5

Obama is Awwwwwesome. Vote Obama!!!

CW on September 13, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Remember this image? Update this with 2012 actuals. And slap it on TV.

You gotta make peoples’ jaws drop. That’s how Romney wins.

lorien1973 on September 13, 2012 at 8:58 PM

gumbyandpokey on September 13, 2012 at 8:55 PM

do you think this sounds smart and stuff? like OMG, I totally like agree and stuff.

Slade73 on September 13, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Gotta wonder what’s happening to our country when with all the problems including the horrible policy by this admin of apologizing and weakness and still more and more people are deciding we have to continue with this guy four more years. Yesterday we learned that Romney has given up on Michigan. There is no way you can start throwing out states and still have a decent chance to win. It feels bad. Go ahead and call me a pessimist. But I was on this site four years ago and its eerily similar feeling that it just wasnt gonna happen. And once some of these states go like Florida. That will be it. If we keep the red states forever it wont matter then. The media itself cannot even be dealt with anymore especially after their performance yesterday aided and abetted by people supposedly on our side. Depressing.

Robb on September 13, 2012 at 8:58 PM

gumbyandpokey on September 13, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Once again…

Do you think you’re debating with anyone here? We all despise you. There’s no give and take. You’re trolling. Go post on Kos or DU, where losers like you belong.

wargamer6 on September 13, 2012 at 8:58 PM

If you would all just skip over Gumbo’s comments, ahh, forget it.

Lanceman on September 13, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Seen this? Two polls: Ohio neck and neck

crosspatch on September 13, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Can Romney win without Ohio. I just don’t see him winning there.

mrscullen on September 13, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Hey, I have a poll, too:

ROMNEY IS PROJECTED TO LANDSLIDE OBAMA WITH 100% OF THE VOTE.

As far as I am concerned, mine is just as reasonable.

Mutnodjmet on September 13, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Yeah, four arrested inLibya, they’ll be sent to Guantamano and then quietly released in a few months.

BettyRuth on September 13, 2012 at 9:00 PM

“Yesterday we learned that Romney has given up on Michigan.”

Another parallel with the lame McCain campaign, and the end result looks to be the same, minus NC and IN, which will go to Romney.

gumbyandpokey on September 13, 2012 at 9:01 PM

OBAMA’S WAR ON MIDDLE CLASS: MEDIAN INCOME LOWEST SINCE 1995

I love Obama!!! I may vote a few times for him!!!

CW on September 13, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Party like its 1995!!!!!

CW on September 13, 2012 at 9:01 PM

gumbyandpokey on September 13, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Hey Guy. Kos and DU are over there.

wargamer6 on September 13, 2012 at 9:02 PM

mrscullen on September 13, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Romney isn’t going to win, period. I really wish there was something else in the news to talk about.

andy85719 on September 13, 2012 at 9:02 PM

lorien1973 on September 13, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Yeah, it’ll be real funny while we’re all sitting in our little motor homes in destitute trailer parks explaining to our young adult kids that they’ll never be able to get jobs because a Marxist was President for eight years.

Right Mover on September 13, 2012 at 9:02 PM

as Crosspatch noted–

Two new polls indicate that contrary to the media hype, Ohio is now a toss-up between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama. The American Research poll, conducted between September 10-12, showed Obama ahead 47% to 46%. The latest Rasmussen poll shows exactly the same numbers.

CW on September 13, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Guantanamo. I swear this poll crap has me losing my mind.

BettyRuth on September 13, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Right Mover on September 13, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Any funnier and I will die laughing.

CW on September 13, 2012 at 9:03 PM

BS pols….. But it wouldn’t surprise me if the Repubics pull defeat from the jaws of victory. If they can’t beat the scum in the WH, then they need to dissolve the party. It’s full of elitist, career politicians anyway. Boehner and McConnell are a couple of incompetent tools.

ultracon on September 13, 2012 at 9:03 PM

“Do you think you’re debating with anyone here?”

Debating? Nah, nothing to debate. I’ve been right that Obama’s winning handily and Romney is running a rotten, nearly non-existent campaign. No way to counter that argument. Only the painfully naive partisans (who also thought the polls were wrong in 08) can’t see the writing on the wall. But I do appreciate you reading my posts.

gumbyandpokey on September 13, 2012 at 9:04 PM

I’ve gotten to the point now where I don’t even have to look at the comments. A glance at the handles in the lower lefthand corner of each post tells me exactly what each of these worthless trolls is going to say, over and over and over again.

Right Mover on September 13, 2012 at 9:04 PM

“Yesterday we learned that Romney has given up on Michigan.”

gumbyandpokey on September 13, 2012 at 9:01 PM

You are tedious…I don’t think Romney has given up on Michigan…but what do you care anyway? You are just a troll and trolls don’t have actually have feelings. They live under bridges and scare little children and eat people.

Terrye on September 13, 2012 at 9:04 PM

andy85719 on September 13, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Ok, fine. Assuming that is true, tell me how you think Obama can win? There are fewer Democrats and he has lost support among his own party.

If voter turnout was the same today as it was in 2008, yeah, he might win by 2 or 3 points but the Republican electorate is a lot more fired up than they were by McCain in 2008 and there are physically fewer Democrats in the swing states than there were in 2008.

Explain to me exactly how Obama wins?

crosspatch on September 13, 2012 at 9:04 PM

BettyRuth on September 13, 2012 at 8:57 PM

You see those inbred pigs in the streets they call teachers in Chicago and you ask that question? Idocracy was not just a movie it is reality.

bbinfl on September 13, 2012 at 9:05 PM

andy85719 on September 13, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Then stop posting, you moby. Holy shit next to AP you’re the biggest eeyore here.

wargamer6 on September 13, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Guantanamo. I swear this poll crap has me losing my mind.

BettyRuth on September 13, 2012 at 9:03 PM

CW on September 13, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Right Mover on September 13, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Tis true..I would like to see Romney win just to think of their little heads exploding.

Terrye on September 13, 2012 at 9:05 PM

“BS pols….. But it wouldn’t surprise me if the Repubics pull defeat from the jaws of victory. If they can’t beat the scum in the WH, then they need to dissolve the party.”

That’s exactly what George Will said on This Week last Sunday.

gumbyandpokey on September 13, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Right Mover on September 13, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Exactly. How hard is that?

Lanceman on September 13, 2012 at 9:05 PM

gumbyandpokey on September 13, 2012 at 9:04 PM

So, in other words, you’re trolling and throwing shit. Such a loser…

wargamer6 on September 13, 2012 at 9:06 PM

But I do appreciate you reading my posts.

gumbyandpokey on September 13, 2012 at 9:04 PM

you’re welcome. now I know you’re an idiot, and knowing is half the battle.

Slade73 on September 13, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Pat Caddell’s thoughts on the worst campaign evah.

He should know, didn’t he run Carter’s?

Or was that Beckel?

ccrosby on September 13, 2012 at 9:06 PM

andy85719 on September 13, 2012 at 9:02 PM

wargamer6 on September 13, 2012 at 9:05 PM

And that is saying something!

Terrye on September 13, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Did Mittens do anything today to follow up on the ME situation?

Because if he did, I missed it.

Team Somnambulist back in form, I guess.

Bruno Strozek on September 13, 2012 at 9:06 PM

gumbyandpokey on September 13, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Go get laid or something. Oh wait, you probably can’t. That’s why you troll here.

wargamer6 on September 13, 2012 at 9:06 PM

andy85719 on September 13, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Ever hear of Benghazi?

CW on September 13, 2012 at 9:07 PM

crosspatch on September 13, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Okay, I hope you are right. But it feels like 2008 all over again. People making wild justifications for ignoring the polls: Bradley effect, lying respondents, etc. In the end, the polls were exactly right.

andy85719 on September 13, 2012 at 9:07 PM

If these results hold America will have to be nearly destroyed before it comes back.

If that’s the case….

……I weep for our children.

PappyD61 on September 13, 2012 at 8:46 PM

I have a hard time believing the American people will vote for national suicide – but the media is so corrupt. The truth about Obama is just not getting to enough people, and I fear the conservative base will eventually become dispirited. I’m praying for my country.

TarheelBen on September 13, 2012 at 9:07 PM

gumbyandpokey on September 13, 2012 at 9:05 PM

legitimate question – are you retarded?

Slade73 on September 13, 2012 at 9:07 PM

That’s exactly what George Will said on This Week last Sunday.

gumbyandpokey on September 13, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Who cares what George Will said? I have not paid any attention to him in years.

Terrye on September 13, 2012 at 9:07 PM

“Just stay positive and work to elect Romney and defeat Obama. In years past we have seen how fluid polls can be. If you put to much stock in them day to day you will lose your mind.”

Just factually wrong. The only even semi-recent year when the polls were “fluid” in a Presidential race was back in 1980, when Reagan rallied to beat Carter.

Just look at past elections and you will see that this thing is pretty much locked and loaded at this point.

gumbyandpokey on September 13, 2012 at 9:07 PM

andy85719 on September 13, 2012 at 9:02 PM

i’vr brrn following your chiken little comments for seems like a year and i have yet to see you be right or justified for any one of your comments, ever.

gracie on September 13, 2012 at 9:07 PM

but I’m not ready to weep yet.

Just pissed the Romney campaign doesn’t seem to be more aggressive.

Where are the devastating ads Mr. Romney?

Where is the passion and the beat-down of the press?

PappyD61 on September 13, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Wish I had more recent figures, but don’t despair yet. Romney has gone from spending under a half million on ads the first week to August to $5 million the last week of August, a x10 spending increase even before his post-convention ad blitz was to begin. Also interesting to note that Romney’s ads have gone from a little over 50% negative in June to 77% at the end of August. The negative shift has been gradual, deliberate, and carefully calibrated.

Only swing state residents are going to see the ad blitz, and it’s going to shift around markets where depressing the Obama vote and increasing Romney’s is needed. But he’s spending the money. You check it out here.

de rigueur on September 13, 2012 at 9:08 PM

andy85719 on September 13, 2012

If you think this is the same as 2008 you’re not very aware.

CW on September 13, 2012 at 9:08 PM

andy85719 would be in tears if a poll showed Obama up 10 in DC, ignoring the fact that it’s a slam dunk for Dems.

wargamer6 on September 13, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Obama is gonna beat Rmoney like a rented mule. Ha Ha

Rio Linda Refugee on September 13, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Now that’s its been established that Romney is toast, is it too early to start the Ryan/Condi 2016 push?

newtopia on September 13, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Did Mittens do anything today to follow up on the ME situation?

Because if he did, I missed it.

Team Somnambulist back in form, I guess.

Bruno Strozek on September 13, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Actually he had a huge rally. You need to pay attention.

Terrye on September 13, 2012 at 9:09 PM

we’ll call him papa barack.
squidwardwithprions on September 13, 2012 at 8:33 PM

I do find it heartening that the more verbose and intelligible axelturd spin meister’s are finding their way back to HA… at this rate Sandra Fluke…oops, I mean cr666 will be joining us shortly. :P

uncommon sense on September 13, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Rio Linda Refugee on September 13, 2012 at 9:09 PM

That would please you?

wargamer6 on September 13, 2012 at 9:10 PM

newtopia on September 13, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Now that it’s been established that you’re retarded, can we get some newer trolls?

wargamer6 on September 13, 2012 at 9:10 PM

“I don’t think Romney has given up on Michigan”

He pulled all of his ad money out of Michigan and supposedly moved it to Wisconsin, even though we haven’t seen any ads yet. That’s giving up. No different that what Palin got so PO’d about in 08.

gumbyandpokey on September 13, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Ohio is impossible for Romney. Everyone, let’s be real. If the country was stupid enough to elect Obama, what makes you think they got any smarter in 4 years?

andy85719 on September 13, 2012 at 8:19 PM

WTH are you talking about? Do you even live in Ohio?

2010, the R’s took Ohio so completely, we flipped the governorship and state assembly totally red, along with the state treasurer, secretary of state, attorney general, and supreme court justice.

We also defeated D’s in Washington (Reps & Senators) which helped give the House of Reps their overwhelming R majority.

In addition to that, in 2011 Ohio voters (both D’s, R’s, I’s) overwhelmingly voted to amend our state constitution so that we are not forced as a state into Obamacare.

So are we supposed to now believe that all these 2010 and 2011 R voters have mysteriously vanished just because teh prezzy is running for re-election?

Get a grip, man. The only thing any poll can offer is a snapshot in time. I live in Ohio and people are suffering and they know good and da*n well where to lay the blame.

GrannyDee on September 13, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Obama is gonna beat Rmoney like a rented mule. Ha Ha

Rio Linda Refugee on September 13, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Don’t get cocky..this is Obama we are talking about. I admit he has most of the America press corps running interference for him, but he does suck and millions of people know that. And who knows what else can blow up in his face in the next few weeks..it is not as if he knows what he is doing.

Terrye on September 13, 2012 at 9:11 PM

gumbyandpokey on September 13, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Oh please. The polls are always changing. You’re dimmer than you appear. Say did you see the post about OHIO.

Now go phuck yourself moby. This is the last post you’ll get from me today.

CW on September 13, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Gas is now over $4 here in Boston.

kevinkristy on September 13, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Bragging or complaining?

chumpThreads on September 13, 2012 at 9:11 PM

No, it isn’t about the debates themselves, its the timing. For example, as long as Romney is within 5 points of Obama, he isn’t going to bring out his big rhetorical guns…
crosspatch on September 13, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Sorry, I’ve heard this song before. It’s the old loser’s tune. I heard it with McCain, and before that even.

You hit them every day, relentlessly, from every angle. You make them dizzy defending themselves. Every day. The debates are just another day, a chance to back up everything you’ve already said and maybe stick a knife in with a smile while you’re at it. This “we’re saving it all for the debates” is ludicrous, and the sure sign of a loser.

rrpjr on September 13, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Rio Linda Refugee on September 13, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Sure he is///

you’re just another loser who thinks that is funny.

CW on September 13, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Rio Linda Refugee on September 13, 2012 at 9:09 PM

That would please you?

wargamer6 on September 13, 2012 at 9:10 PM

NET!

Lanceman on September 13, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Getting VERY tired of the Eeyores.

pjean on September 13, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Bragging or complaining?

chumpThreads on September 13, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Four bucks here sucks.

Thanks Obama!

CW on September 13, 2012 at 9:13 PM

“I don’t think Romney has given up on Michigan”

gumbyandpokey on September 13, 2012 at 9:11 PM

You are just running your mouth. You do not know jack sh*t.

Terrye on September 13, 2012 at 9:13 PM

NET!

Lanceman on September 13, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Not quite. Linda’s a pure tool.

CW on September 13, 2012 at 9:14 PM