Biden: “I am supposedly an expert on foreign policy”

posted at 7:21 pm on September 13, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

Heh. Speaking today at a campaign rally at the University of Wisconsin in Eau Claire:

I was asked, I’m supposedly an expert on foreign policy. Well, you know, an expert from where I come from is anyone from out of town with a briefcase. I do not have a briefcase with me today. But here, I was speaking at a conference… our allies from around the world. …I was asked a simple question: What is the single most important object… that American most complete in order to maintain its dominance physically as well as economic ascendancy in the world? What is it? And the answer I gave them I think surprised them, but the president and I shared this view together. We have to be the single best-educated nation in the world in order to be able… that is not hyperbole. We must be the single best-educated nation in the world.

Self-aware? Self-deprecating? Tongue-in-cheek? As the right-hand ambassador of our august president‘s foreign policy decisions, I’ll let you decide.

But, you know I’m going to take umbrage with the rest of that statement. Ahh yes, education — one of those politically-unassailable items in which the Obama administration just loves to “invest” on our behalf. Really? Maybe fostering a free, robust, prosperous economy and letting the productive jobs follow suit isn’t the number-one priority? Rather, ensuring that every American has easy access to a liberal arts degree (a.k.a., using government policy/taxpayer dollars to drive up student-loan as well as tuition prices and getting kids to invest huge sums in educations that they don’t necessarily want or need) is your number one goal? I know that he’s trying to imply that you can’t stay at the military/technological/energy/etcetera forefront without top-notch, competitive engineers/scientists/businesspeople/doctors/etcetera, but come on — the government does not need to ensure that, and what this government has done more than anything else is get in the way of that, because there are no jobs for these graduates. A feel-good, you’re-so-important pander to the college contingent much?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

He’s self-admittedly kinda simple.

Axe on September 13, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Bishop

Axe on September 13, 2012 at 7:24 PM

I’ll bet he couldn’t pronounce the name of the city he was in today!

Sasha List on September 13, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Not sure who it is that supposes that. Not me.

Shay on September 13, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Isn’t it the case that Biden’s been wrong on every foreign policy issue over the past several years?

aunursa on September 13, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Expert witness on idiocy.

hillsoftx on September 13, 2012 at 7:26 PM

We all know Biden is incompetent and Obama is a buffoon. Americans don’t care about competence anymore and Obama will win in a landslide. Can we please get posts on more interesting things?

andy85719 on September 13, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Can you believe the American people would seriously want this man a heartbeat away from the Presidency.

God save us.

PappyD61 on September 13, 2012 at 7:27 PM

He’s a complicated simpleton.

Pork-Chop on September 13, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Literally.

RedNewEnglander on September 13, 2012 at 7:28 PM

The Tea Party TeaNami didn’t happen in 2010.

The Chik-Fil-A thing didn’t happen.

……these people must be defeated.

PappyD61 on September 13, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Is he aware of the teacher’s strike in Chicago? I’m sure it’s for the children’s sake, of course. Can you think of any other explanation?

skeedro on September 13, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Now Romney being “heckled” over Libya is news over at YAHOO.

FAIRFAX, Va. – Mitt Romney today was drowned out by a protester at a campaign event yelling at him for “politicizing Libya.” The protester was so persistent that Romney was unable to hold a moment of silence in honor of those killed in the incident.

“I would offer a moment of silence but one gentleman doesn’t want to be silent, so we’re going to keep on going,” Romney said at the very beginning of a rally in Virginia this morning.

The man started shouting at Romney just as he began to offer his condolences to the four Americans killed in Libya. Romney said, “We have heavy hearts across America today.”

The protester interrupted, shouting, “Why are you politicizing Libya? Why are you politicizing Libya?”

People in the crowd began to chant “USA! USA!” to drown the man out, and others raised pom-poms and Romney signs in front of him. The man ripped one of the signs before being escorted out of the event.

Romney’s reaction to the news out of Libya has come under criticism by some who said he shouldn’t have made the event fodder for a political attack. Romney himself said that he believes it is never too early for the American government to condemn these kinds of attacks.

Romney finally got to speak without interruption at the rally in Fairfax. “As we watch the world today,” he said, “sometimes it seems that we’re at the mercy of events, instead of shaping events, and a strong America is essential to shape events.

“And a strong America, by the way, depends on a strong military. We have to have a military second to none and that’s so strong no one would ever think of testing it,” said Romney.

Wanna bet he’s Obama Biden plant?

PappyD61 on September 13, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I think he’s at Stage 3 Dementia

faraway on September 13, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Escape clause.

Biden wasn’t ever a supposed expert of foreign policy. He was simply set up as one.

Since he couldn’t rise to the occasion, he needs excuses as to why he can’t match what was said about him, and that he gladly accepted.

This guy would fvck up his own funeral.

Liam on September 13, 2012 at 7:30 PM

The man is stupid.

Delaware, are you all morons? This idiot makes Bill Nelson look like a rocket scientist.

Lanceman on September 13, 2012 at 7:30 PM

PappyD61 on September 13, 2012 at 7:27 PM

The American people have the collective intelligence of an amoeba. What I really can’t believe is that I’m at the mercy of the single digit IQ populace.

andy85719 on September 13, 2012 at 7:30 PM

God save us.

PappyD61 on September 13, 2012 at 7:27 PM

After the past few days, I would rather have Biden as president, over Obama.

esr1951 on September 13, 2012 at 7:31 PM

It really would be nice to take a shot at giving all Chicago school students the books they need, let them study at home with no teachers at all and then at the end of the year test them to see whether they would do worse or better than being in school and relying on teachers to instruct them.

My guess is that couldn’t do worse than the grades they are getting now.

Dusty on September 13, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Joey was supposedly picked for his ‘foreign policy’ experience.

In reality, he’s Barry Obama’s life insurance policy.

You don’t need a brief case for that.

GarandFan on September 13, 2012 at 7:31 PM

On second thought, the strike of teachers in Chicago may actually be promoting education.

skeedro on September 13, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Latest quotes from the brain trust:

Obama: Egypt isn’t our ally
Biden: I am supposedly an expert on foreign policy

Biden needs to talk to Obama.

Paul-Cincy on September 13, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Bishop

Axe on September 13, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Hey! I was still talking to you about the visibility issue with Arnuki Breasts. Whatever the heII they are.

Bmore on September 13, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Did he once again scream “Osama is dead and GM is alive”?

Night Owl on September 13, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Plugs went in a bit deep I think.

Bmore on September 13, 2012 at 7:32 PM

An Eastwood quote is quite apropos: “You’re a legend in your own mind”

tommyboy on September 13, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Supposably

NerwenAldarion on September 13, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Proof that a windbag is also an airhead.

Corporal Tunnel on September 13, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Yet another reason to vote for Romney/Ryan:

If we vote President Obama out of office in November, then VP Biden will go away too!

Make sure all of your friends and family are ready to vote properly in November!

wren on September 13, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Biden: “I am supposedly an expert on foreign policy”

…”literally”!

KOOLAID2 on September 13, 2012 at 7:35 PM

That these idiots have a chance to get re’lected

Nevermind. Pointless preachin’ to the kwyre.

Lanceman on September 13, 2012 at 7:35 PM

I would love to have an imbecile like Biden waiting as next in line to take my position at my job. I’d never have another worry about job security. And from day one, that has been all there is to know about Biden.

skeedro on September 13, 2012 at 7:35 PM

My guess is that couldn’t do worse than the grades they are getting now.

Dusty on September 13, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Three words: Cyber school.

Night Owl on September 13, 2012 at 7:36 PM

JOE BIDEN LITERALLY MADE AN ASS OF HIMSELF.

reliapundit on September 13, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Did he once again scream “Osama is dead and GM is alive we are Osama!”?

Night Owl on September 13, 2012 at 7:32 PM

…I think they’re doing something like that in the middleeast now!

KOOLAID2 on September 13, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Biden: “I am supposedly an expert on foreign policy”

No, Joe. You’re neither supposedly nor an expert on everything.

rukiddingme on September 13, 2012 at 7:39 PM

What’s Biden doing in deep blue Wisconsin?

Other than they like Ryan better.

de rigueur on September 13, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Oh I don’t know. I mean that idea of making 3 Iraqs instead of just one was clearly the work of an expert.

/s

MJBrutus on September 13, 2012 at 7:40 PM

The man is stupid.

Lanceman on September 13, 2012 at 7:30 PM

…he makes that Akin guy from MO…. look “well spoken”!

KOOLAID2 on September 13, 2012 at 7:40 PM

andy85719 on September 13, 2012 at 7:26 PM

andy85719 on September 13, 2012 at 7:30 PM

So what you gonna go about it? Curled up, whimpering in the corner,sucking your thumb and wetting yourself is no way to go through life son. You sound like the guy on the couch.

Don’t expect the rest of us to join you in your defeatist pity party. That’s not what Americans do.

AZfederalist on September 13, 2012 at 7:41 PM

andy85719 on September 13, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Oh, come on, how can anyone doubt Darwin?

riddick on September 13, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Literally.

RedNewEnglander on September 13, 2012 at 7:28 PM

…(missed that!)

KOOLAID2 on September 13, 2012 at 7:41 PM

What’s Biden doing in deep blue Wisconsin?

Other than they like Ryan better.

de rigueur on September 13, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Maybe people are starting to realize this buffoon is a heart beat away from the Presidency, but really, if Obama is re-elected, it won’t matter anyway. Six of one…

Night Owl on September 13, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Joey was supposedly picked for his ‘foreign policy’ experience.

In reality, he’s Barry Obama’s life insurance policy.

You don’t need a brief case for that.

GarandFan on September 13, 2012 at 7:31 PM

No. As one really brilliant SuperPAC ad on TV said a few months back: Biden is proof that Obama didn’t need a VP.

riddick on September 13, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I’m an expert too, at everything. The wife guffaws when I say it but deep down inside she’s agreeing with me.

Bishop on September 13, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Expert on foreign policy? I would trust Biden to guard the Benghazi Consulate. Oh wait–that WAS Biden guarding the consulate. When things went south he joined the rioters.

MaiDee on September 13, 2012 at 7:44 PM

AZfederalist on September 13, 2012 at 7:41 PM

People are literally dead in Egypt because of O’s policies and his approval rating increases. The economy is in the dumps and he is winning every swing state. If that isn’t proof of a populace unqualified to tie its tennis shoes, I don’t know what is.

andy85719 on September 13, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Huh, you’re also supposedly the VP of the USA but nobody really believes that either.

AubieJon on September 13, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Make that Libya.

andy85719 on September 13, 2012 at 7:46 PM

For a person touting education, Biden surely sounds incoherent.

onlineanalyst on September 13, 2012 at 7:46 PM

…I think they’re doing something like that in the middleeast now!

KOOLAID2 on September 13, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I just want to note that if they quit saying it, it will be like admitting they are responsible for the deaths, the rioting, the lack of security overseas, etc. by inciting these savages. They thought it was their best campaign slogan up till the other day.

Night Owl on September 13, 2012 at 7:46 PM

The really funny part of all this is that Biden self-styled himself as a statesman. He only got the VP gig because they were afraid that the rat-eared bastard needed gravitas on foreign affairs.

Given the way the chickens have come home to roost this week, how’d that work out?

Happy Nomad on September 13, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Bishop on September 13, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Yeah but are you articulate?

fossten on September 13, 2012 at 7:49 PM

America isn’t currently and never has been the “best educated country in the world” and it never will be. Some individual states might be competitive but the entire US, no.

Daikokuco on September 13, 2012 at 7:49 PM

So obviously a “superdee duper” education isn’t the key to the US’s prosperity. So piss off with your “edukayshun!!1″, democrats.

Daikokuco on September 13, 2012 at 7:50 PM

I’m sorry. I thought he said he was a suppository.

thatsafactjack on September 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM

OT:

Via Drudge Revolving light:

US knew of attacks on Embassy 48 hours before, and did nothing!!!!

portlandon on September 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM

andy85719 on September 13, 2012 at 7:45 PM

You are young, so you are not aware that as far back as I can remember, the polls have strangely favored democrats. In 1994, just before Newt took control of the House, all the polls had the democrats up 6 points. They do this every election, and then they are genuinely shocked when they lose. It’s actually quite funny to watch. It’s like yesterday never happened. The only downside is that sometimes they win, but you can’t predict it by what the polls say. I told you before, you need to toughen up a bit!

Night Owl on September 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM

So Joe is the brains of the outfit. That explains so much.

Lily on September 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Did he once again scream “Osama is dead and GM is alive we are Osama!”?

Night Owl on September 13, 2012 at 7:32 PM

…I think they’re doing something like that in the middleeast now!

KOOLAID2 on September 13, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I think we will discover soon enough that Obama, Biden, and Kerry caused the Egyptian riots with all this.

faraway on September 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM

This is not how an expert acts, you lunkhead:

According to senior diplomatic sources, the US State Department had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged the consulate in Benghazi, and the embassy in Cairo, that American missions may be targeted, but no warnings were given for diplomats to go on high alert and “lockdown”, under which movement is severely restricted

LASue on September 13, 2012 at 7:52 PM

WTH?

BetseyRoss on September 13, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Night Owl on September 13, 2012 at 7:43 PM

There is another…

de rigueur on September 13, 2012 at 7:52 PM

OT:

Via Drudge Revolving light:

US knew of attacks on Embassy 48 hours before, and did nothing!!!!

portlandon on September 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Who will Obama blame now? Who’s left? Dorothy and Toto?

faraway on September 13, 2012 at 7:53 PM

andy85719 on September 13, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Why do you think they make velcro closures?

Seriously, I was shocked when I figured out that my neice doesn’t know how to tell time with an analog display. Joe Biden has a point about needing an educated workforce but that isn’t going to happen until we get the NEA and AFT out of the process. Until a 50% graduation rate is deemed unacceptable and the teachers responsible for these results are held to account. Until we don’t force every single student down a college track instead of setting up valid career options that might require training but not a BS/BA.

Happy Nomad on September 13, 2012 at 7:53 PM

BOMBSHELL

The killings of the US ambassador to Libya and three of his staff were likely to have been the result of a serious and continuing security breach, The Independent can reveal.

American officials believe the attack was planned, but Chris Stevens had been back in the country only a short while and the details of his visit to Benghazi, where he and his staff died, were meant to be confidential.

The US administration is now facing a crisis in Libya. Sensitive documents have gone missing from the consulate in Benghazi and the supposedly secret location of the “safe house” in the city, where the staff had retreated, came under sustained mortar attack. Other such refuges across the country are no longer deemed “safe”.

Some of the missing papers from the consulate are said to list names of Libyans who are working with Americans, putting them potentially at risk from extremist groups, while some of the other documents are said to relate to oil contracts.

faraway on September 13, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Landslide

faraway on September 13, 2012 at 7:55 PM

andy85719 on September 13, 2012 at 7:45 PM

My question wasn’t looking for you to rationalize your defeatist attitude, my question is, given the issues we are facing, what are you going to do about it? Sitting back, giving up, blaming your fellow citizens for being idiots (granted some of them are, but there are a whole lot of them who are not and are seeking to defeat this marxist) does not solve any problems. Are you going to go out and get involved in a campaign? Put up yard signs? Talk to your fellow citizens on-line and off? Coming onto a conservative blog and griping that we are all doomed and there is nothing that can be done is defeatist and not helpful.

AZfederalist on September 13, 2012 at 7:57 PM

OT:

Via Drudge Revolving light:

US knew of attacks on Embassy 48 hours before, and did nothing!!!!

portlandon on September 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM

See?! See?!! And Romney criticized the Cairo embassy press statement almost 48 hours before we knew about this! Man’s a total gun-jumper, I tell you. Total gun-jumper!

de rigueur on September 13, 2012 at 7:57 PM

he’s not that smart

Slade73 on September 13, 2012 at 7:58 PM

To see Joe Biden and education in the same sentence seems like such an oxymoron.

Maybe because one is a moron.

Flora Duh on September 13, 2012 at 8:00 PM

OT:

Via Drudge Revolving light:

US knew of attacks on Embassy 48 hours before, and did nothing!!!!

portlandon on September 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM

How pathetic is it that the rat-eared-bastard and the pig-in-a-pantsuit didn’t put their diplomats on high alert but you can rest assured that Jay Carney is putting the media on high alert to find out some way to attack Romney for any criticism of these clear lack of concern about intelligence threats.

Happy Nomad on September 13, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Night Owl on September 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Bradley-Wilder is also severely tilting the public-opinion polls, and the democratics brought that on all by themselves. They’ve been screaming for four years about how it is racist to oppose Jackass, so we shouldn’t be surprised if they lie in polls or just hang up.

slickwillie2001 on September 13, 2012 at 8:01 PM

[Night Owl on September 13, 2012 at 7:36 PM]

Yeah. Think so.

The biggest problem, in my mind, with teacher’s unions, is that it’s our fault. Through our constant emphasis on teachers, we’ve ingrained in both them and ourselves the belief that teachers are essential to the process.

I don’t think they are. Besides teaching children to read, and a couple of odd science labs here and there, I think they are superfluous to the process of learning. Maybe they effect some efficiency, but I think the losses of self-improvement and initiative totally outweigh either giving up that efficiency or, as you suggest, providing a cheaper alternative(s) for that efficiency.

Getting rid of teachers and formal schools altogether would be an immense improvement, easily save a half trillion dollars a year, all totaled, and still leave a few hundred billion to finance providing materials and year long testing.

Dusty on September 13, 2012 at 8:01 PM

So Obama knew way ahead of time and did nothing. Most Americans will never learn of this.

andy85719 on September 13, 2012 at 8:02 PM

O/T

The Disaster builds….

The International Franchise Association held a convention in Washington this week where most of the Radio Shack, Dunkin Donuts, Curves and other franchisers were grumbling about new federal regulations, especially the impact of Obamacare.

Most, said Atlanta Taco Bell and Kentucky Fried Chicken franchiser David Barr, presumed that the reports about how hard Obamacare will hit them were overblown. “They had their head in the sand,” he told Secrets.

That is until he pulled out his powerpoint showing how funding Obamacare will cut his–and likely their–profits in half overnight. With simple math the small business folks understood, he spelled out that their only choice is to slash employee hours so they aren’t eligible for company-paid health care or stop offering insurance and pay the $2,000 per employee fine.

Barr has 23 stores with 421 employees, 109 of whom are full-time. Of those, he provides 30 with health insurance. Barr said he pays 81 percent of their Blue Cross Blue Shield policy, or $4,073 of $5,028 for individuals, more for families, for a total bill of $129,000 a year. Employees pay $995.

Under Obamacare, however, he will have to provide health insurance for all 109 full-time workers, a cost of $444,000, or two and half times more than his current costs. That $315,000 increase is equal to just over half his annual profit, after expenses, or 1.5 percent of sales. As a result, he said, “I’m not paying $444,000.”

Providing no insurance would result in a federal fine of $158,000, $29,000 more than he now spends but the lowest cost possible under the Obamacare law. So he now views that as his cap and he’ll either cut worker hours or replace them with machines to get his costs down or dump them on the public health exchange and pay the fine. “Every business has a way to eliminate jobs,” he said, “but that’s not good for them or me.”

PappyD61 on September 13, 2012 at 8:03 PM

rice pudding!

mittens on September 13, 2012 at 8:04 PM

BOMBSHELL

faraway on September 13, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Liberals aren’t stupid. Bidens not a idiot. Obama’s not a moron.

They’re criminally insane. Certifiable. It’s time for them to go.

DevilsPrinciple on September 13, 2012 at 8:09 PM

faraway on September 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Well, that’s what I believe and I am saying it every chance I get. And don’t leave Hillary out! Remember, “We came, we saw, we killed Quadaffi!” She’s guilty too.

Night Owl on September 13, 2012 at 8:09 PM

OT:

Via Drudge Revolving light:

US knew of attacks on Embassy 48 hours before, and did nothing!!!!

[portlandon on September 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM ]

Thank God the Brits cover what’s going on over here. With a few exceptions the American MSM is almost totally worthless.

Dusty on September 13, 2012 at 8:10 PM

slickwillie2001 on September 13, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Not to mention union workers who are probably afraid someone is just checking up on their loyalties. They have ruined free speech, the press being a watchdog on our behalf, etc. These a$$holes have to be beaten into the ground, not just in this election, but in every election for the next twenty years or so, in order to clean up our country.

Night Owl on September 13, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Dusty on September 13, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Speaking personally, I can say that I have learned more on my own than I ever learned in school. You are quite correct to say that they exaggerate their own importance.

Night Owl on September 13, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Is it too much to ask to vote in non-jackasses who aren’t yukking it up and being stupid and folksy??? WE HAVE SERIOUS, SERIOUS SECURITY BREACHES. Our foreign policy is s**t, briefcase, or no briefcase. I’m so angry, I can hardly see straight.

hoosiermama on September 13, 2012 at 8:36 PM

OT.. Story exploding on Drudge. Admin knew of threat attack 48 hours prior.

katy on September 13, 2012 at 8:44 PM

That’s funny. Obama’s lauded education has actually diminished us in both respects.

ButterflyDragon on September 13, 2012 at 8:45 PM

F****** words, how do they work?!

JohnTant on September 13, 2012 at 8:52 PM

The revelations in the U.K. Independent are just the beginning.

Remember when we were assuming that vice presidential debate moderator Martha Raddatz, a foreign correspondent, would undercut Ryan’s budgetary and domestic policy expertise and play up Biden’s foreign policy expertise (supposedly) by concentrating on foreign affairs during the debate?

Wonder if that’s still the plan?

de rigueur on September 13, 2012 at 8:54 PM

faraway on September 13, 2012 at 7:54 PM

…oh!…that’s why JugEars went to Vegas!…he thinks “what goes on in Vegas…stays in Vegas” !

KOOLAID2 on September 13, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Wasn’t Biden supposed to give this speech to the striking CTU picketers ?

DevilsPrinciple on September 13, 2012 at 8:56 PM

I have to wonder how Paul Ryan is preparing to his debate. How do you set the bar so low in a mock debate?

SouthernGent on September 13, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Obama couldn’t be bothered to attend the Intel Briefings, so how in the hell would he have known that this attack was planned 48 hrs out?

I am stunned again by the sheer lack of any responsibility on the part of this heinous admin…

And typically the media will remain silent and or cover this up.

Scrumpy on September 13, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Sarah Palin ripping Barack’s administration a new one and then some on Hannity!

SouthernGent on September 13, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Did anyone ask Uncle Joeke if he knows what planet he’s on?

stukinIL4now on September 13, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Once again, Biden “exposed himself” to a crowd of people.

listens2glenn on September 13, 2012 at 9:39 PM

If America re-elects these two bozos, you can stick a fork in it.

I cannot fathom they poll above 5% but apparently it’s closer to 50%. My mind boggles on that peculiar fact. I think Muggeridge called it the “Great Liberal Death Wish.” Well, right before our eyes, it’s coming true.

bobcalco on September 13, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Well, well, well.

Coming from the other side, if the Government is going to fund education, should it not fund what has been proven to work?

I think Condoleezza Rice was referring to the DC Voucher program when she said this:

We have been successful too because Americans have known that one’s status of birth is not a permanent condition. Americans have believed that you might not be able to control your circumstances but you can control your response to your circumstances.

And your greatest ally in controlling your response to your circumstances has been a quality education. But today, today, when I can look at your zip code and I can tell whether you’re going to get a good education, can I honestly say it does not matter where you came from, it matters where you are going? The crisis in K-12 education is a threat to the very fabric of whom we are.

My mom was a teacher. I respect the profession. We need great teachers, not poor ones and not mediocre ones. We have to have high standards for our kids, because self-esteem comes from achievement, not from lax standards and false praise.

And we need to give parents greater choice, particularly, particularly poor parents whose kids, very often minorities, are trapped in failing neighborhood schools. This is the civil rights issue of our day.

If we do anything less, we can damage generations to joblessness and hopelessness and life on the government dole. If we do anything less, we will endanger our global imperatives for competitiveness. And if we do anything less, we will tear apart the fabric of who we are and cement the turn toward entitlement and grievance.

Now, Condi Rice said in an interview shortly after she left her Government office that she would be spending time working for education quality.

Has Joe heard one word about educational choice?

Has Joe looked at Chicago today, and seen which kids are getting an education, and which are not?

I didn’t think so.

unclesmrgol on September 14, 2012 at 12:44 AM

I am not a smart man but I know what hubris is. – Uncle Joe

skeedro on September 14, 2012 at 5:23 AM

Biden: “I am supposedly an expert on foreign policy”

On destructive, Libtard/Socialist, anti-American, pro-U.N./globalist foreign policy?

No argument from me.