Egypt’s Islamist president tells embassy to take legal action in U.S. against makers of Mohammed film; Update: I don’t consider Egypt an ally, says Obama

posted at 9:16 pm on September 12, 2012 by Allahpundit

I wonder if he knows that there’s no legal action available to him (yet) and is simply grandstanding for the locals’ sake or if he actually thinks he can sue to shut this thing down. Silly Morsi: There won’t be a blasphemy exception added to the First Amendment for critiques of Islam for another, oh, 10-20 years at least, I figure. Although if the Pentagon pushes really hard on national-security grounds, who knows how fast change might come?

Morsi’s silence on the embassy mob is deafening:

WhiIe Egypt’s prime minister called Tuesday’s incident “regrettable” and unjustified, President Mohamed Morsy condemned the anti-Muslim film that incited the protesters.

Morsy made a reference to Egypt’s duty to protect diplomatic missions and its opposition to unlawful protesters, but did not mention or criticize those who stormed the embassy.

“The presidency condemns in the strongest terms the attempt of a group to insult the place of the Messenger, the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) and condemns the people who have produced this radical work,” the president said in a statement posted on his Facebook page. “The Egyptian people, both Muslims and Christians, refuse such insults on sanctities.”

His statement went on to say that the Egyptian government respects the right to free expression, a common Orwellian flourish whenever Islamists call for cartoons or films or books insulting the faith to be banned. Marc Lynch frets that the Brotherhood’s silence is negligent insofar as it might alienate the U.S. government, and wonders if they’re caught in a political trap where they can’t apologize for the embassy mob or else the Salafists will demagogue them as being sellouts to the Great Satan. I think David Frum’s closer to the mark:

More serious is the exploitation by Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood president of the incident as support for anti-Islam blasphemy laws. It’s important to understand that Morsi is concerned with Egyptian, not American, laws. Morsi is taking a page from the 1979 Khomeini playbook, fabricating an international incident to mobilize religious passions as a weapon for his political grouping against more secular blocs in Egyptian society – the Egyptian military very much included.

Yeah, I think Morsi and his advisors are savvy enough to understand that, once you’re an official “ally” of the United States, the White House will let you get away with all sorts of Islamist nutbaggery. In fact, the nuttier you are, the more eager the White House is to retain you as an “ally”: Better to have you behaving horribly while inside our orbit, where we can theoretically exercise some sort of restraint on you, than let you spin entirely out of it and run wild across the region. (The ultimate example of that farcical reasoning is, of course, Pakistan.) So yeah, why not let a mob terrorize American diplomats on 9/11? And why bother apologizing? We’re not going to risk a new Egyptian/Israeli war by cutting off aid from Cairo entirely and Morsi knows it, so he feels fully entitled to tell us implicitly to kiss his ass. And meanwhile, as Lynch and Frum both note, Morsi earns cred with the swaths of Islamists in Egypt’s electorate. The Libyan government and even some Libyan citizens showed remorse today for the attack on the consulate in Benghazi, but Libya needs us more than we need it. Not so Egypt. That’s a key difference in the two countries’ reactions, I think.

Exit question: Which western nation will be the first to appease the rising Islamist bloc in the Middle East by reinstituting anti-blasphemy laws for Islam? It won’t be us, I think; despite the best intentions of cretinous academics, there are too many constitutional and ideological roadblocks to abridging free speech that dramatically in the U.S. A better bet would be Canada, but the “human rights” Star Chamber that’s tormented people like Mark Steyn and Ezra Levant has gotten enough bad press over the last few years that I’m thinking Canadians might now think twice about new restrictions. No, I’m going to put my money on the UK. They’ve got just the right mix, I think, of surveillance-state paranoia and sweaty multicultural dogmatism (replete with robust hate-crime prosecutions) to give an anti-blasphemy regime a go. I’ll leave you with this from today’s op-ed page of the Guardian, a leading light of British “progressivism”:

Some people will want to defend the [Mohammed] film as critical of an idea, or of a belief. But I don’t think that will do. No Muslim could think of Muhammad as he is portrayed in the film, and very few can suppose that Islam commands them to behave the way the Muslims in the film do. The beliefs criticised are entirely imaginary. If any other group but Muslims were the target this would be obvious at once.

This film is purely and simply an incitement to religious hatred. It stokes hatred in both of its intended audiences – Christians and Jews in the US, and Muslims in the wider world. If jihadi videos are banned in this country, and their distributors prosecuted, the same should be true of this film and for the same reasons.

Update: I was surprised yesterday when he snubbed Netanyahu, and now I’m surprised again — although I think there’s a common thread that explains both reactions.

Is The One throwing Egypt under the bus, and right after I made that nifty Pakistan comparison up top, too? Well, no. He’s putting some distance between himself and Morsi now because Americans are, understandably, righteously PO’d about what happened yesterday in Cairo and Benghazi, and no amount of media caterwauling about Romney’s gaffes is going to change that. O snubbed Bibi because a war with Iran could wreak havoc with his reelection bid; he’s snubbing Morsi now for the same reason, because he knows that Romney’s “apology tour” critique of Hopenchange could hurt him badly if it gains traction. And one way for it to gain traction would be to act chummy with Egypt at a moment when they still haven’t properly apologized for the Cairo embassy mob. Egypt will be an “ally” again once he’s safely reelected, rest assured.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

…give them some more money!

KOOLAID2 on September 12, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Guy who supported Arab Spring now says Egypt not an ally.

Will this be an Obamatuerism tomorrow?

BKennedy on September 12, 2012 at 9:18 PM

…we’ll see who defends free speech now!

KOOLAID2 on September 12, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Clusterfark.
Never send an idiot to do a President’s job.

RovesChins on September 12, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Update: I don’t consider Egypt an ally, says Obama

…who’s flip flooping?

KOOLAID2 on September 12, 2012 at 9:20 PM

I have an idea, how about we cut all funding to Egypt and tell them to go to hell.

War is coming to the Middle East.

SWalker on September 12, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Not an ally…

Hope and Change…

Obama is a…
What’s phrase???

Dick….

Electrongod on September 12, 2012 at 9:20 PM

…Arab Winter?

KOOLAID2 on September 12, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Mubarak needs to go.
Arab Spring.
Muslim Brotherhood in charge.
Uh, I don’t consider them an ally.

This cannot be made up.

RovesChins on September 12, 2012 at 9:20 PM

“I don’t think that we would consider (Egypt) an ally”

If Egypt is no longer an ally, then it wouldn’t continue to receive US funding and military cooperation, would it?

DKCZ on September 12, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I don’t consider Egypt an ally, says Obama

I actually agree with Obama about something? I would mark the calendar if I actually believed him. This however is just damage control as AP says.

sharrukin on September 12, 2012 at 9:21 PM

barack’s internal polls on this must be shit.

Rational Thought on September 12, 2012 at 9:22 PM

And if Obama gets re-elected? I give it four years.

lowandslow on September 12, 2012 at 9:22 PM

THEN STOP SENDING THEM MONEY YOU MORON!

wildcat72 on September 12, 2012 at 9:22 PM

The new Obama Doctrine: Schizophrenia

ThePrez on September 12, 2012 at 9:22 PM

The new Obama Doctrine: Schizophrenia

ThePrez on September 12, 2012 at 9:22 PM

That’s the same as the OLD Obama Doctrine!

wildcat72 on September 12, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I hope Obama is able to win a lot of money in Vegas. Is it 3:00 am yet?

Weight of Glory on September 12, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Never send an idiot to do a President’s job.

RovesChins on September 12, 2012 at 9:18 PM

I won’t have to worry about puttin’ gas I my car..
I won’t have to worry about my mortgage…

We Sent This Idiot…

well…. not you and me….or HArians….

Electrongod on September 12, 2012 at 9:23 PM

I knew this “Arab Spring” thing was going to end badly.

Never in my most wild imagination did I think it would turn this ugly this fast.

We need to cut ALL aid to ALL muslem countries, and right now. The American taxpayers shouldn’t be on the hook to fund the new Caliphate.

Rebar on September 12, 2012 at 9:23 PM

I hope Obama is able to win a lot of money in Vegas. Is it 3:00 am yet?

Weight of Glory on September 12, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Are you kidding? He’d draw trying to get an inside straight…

wildcat72 on September 12, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Hahahahahaha.. the Egyptian government that Obama helped take power and who gushed over the Muslim Brotherhood’s credentials is not an ally?

Well, he actually may be telling the truth. Egypt isn’t America’s ally. But it sure is Obama’s ally.

ButterflyDragon on September 12, 2012 at 9:24 PM

If Obama doesn’t consider Egypt an ally then why did he put their current government in power?

steebo77 on September 12, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Wait a minute. Weren’t they before the “Arab Spring”?

gophergirl on September 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Throwing sh&t up against the wall to see what sticks.
Obama foreign policy.

RovesChins on September 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM

So, is Egypt an enemy then? If so, why haven’t we cut off aid to them?

changer1701 on September 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Egypt will be an “ally” again once he’s safely reelected, rest assured.

A little flexibility goes a long way.

Curtiss on September 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM

NOT AN ALLY?

Then two things……

1. They were when Sadat and Mubarak ran the show.

Which means

2. YOUR STUPID POWER lost Egypt as an ally and you let women and children be dragged back to the 7th Century.

God deliver us from this Plague on America.

PappyD61 on September 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Liar! Liar! Pants on fire!

lilium479 on September 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Wow, President Daily Poll.

There’s a whole gob of Lightworker Lickspittles out there in the MSM that are going ‘WTF?’ How do we slam the evil Romney now???

The news outlets should be interesting tomorrow….

BigWyo on September 12, 2012 at 9:26 PM

I have something I’d like to share with Morsi.

It’s 33 links of log chain, doubled over with a taped handle. That leaves one link hanging from the end. To that end link I have a padlock attached. I’d like to share that with him for, say, five minutes. If he could last that long.

predator on September 12, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Damage control from empty chair central; stat.

AltTuning on September 12, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Wait a minute. Weren’t they before the “Arab Spring”?

gophergirl on September 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM

They own it…

Electrongod on September 12, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Canada just recalled its ambassador from Iran because of the violent threats against Israel.

And IIRC, Canada repealed the “Star chamber” law, or at least a good part of it.

Wethal on September 12, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I’ve never been a warmonger, but I say we torch this village. The storm is coming whether we like it or not.

Freaking idiot dogeater set up WWIII.

wolly4321 on September 12, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Did he ask Morsi for a little more flexibility before making that statement?

d1carter on September 12, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Wait a minute. Weren’t they before the “Arab Spring”?

gophergirl on September 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Heh. Always going straight for the jugular.

Curtiss on September 12, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I don’t consider Egypt an ally, says Obama

Bullsh!t.

JPeterman on September 12, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’d called Morsi and gave him the “I’ll have more flexibility after the election” crap.

jaboba on September 12, 2012 at 9:28 PM

In an exclusive @barackobama tells @jdbalart “I don’t think that we would consider (Egypt) an ally” #msnbc2012

— Anthony Terrell (@AnthonyNBCNews) September 13, 2012

Well, damn! And that was such a pretty, suck-up speech he gave in Cairo. All those frills and flourishes ….. such soaring rhetoric….. and no one cares because everyone knows he’s full of shiite.

Cody1991 on September 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM

I’d guess the Swedes or Norwegians would go full dhimmi first.

Wethal on September 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM

They own it…

Electrongod on September 12, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Thanks I thought I was going crazy there for a minute.

gophergirl on September 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Clusterfark.
Never send an idiot to do a President’s job.

RovesChins on September 12, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Too late now, eh…

jimver on September 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM

If Egypt is not an ally: cut off their aid and get the damned Embassy closed down and our people home.

Stop playing games that invite war.

ajacksonian on September 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Mohamed Morsy
can go to hell.
So can the empty chair.

bazil9 on September 12, 2012 at 9:30 PM

I wonder if they’ll use any of the $$$ we give them to mount the legal attack.

Jesus, what a world….

BigWyo on September 12, 2012 at 9:30 PM

MM is unloading….

BallisticBob on September 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM

From the Cairo speech and muzzie appeasement to……..who are those guys?

antipc on September 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Obama is just flailing wildly at this point.

RedRedRice on September 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Sorry folks, Barack Obama is the worst US President in the history of our nation. Yesterday, he was apologizing for a film ( he meant the USA), today, Egypt is not considered an ally, Tomorrow, Obama will say, “I didn’t build that” referring to the Arab terrorist spring.

jjnco73 on September 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Whatever tiny shred of credibility the regime media had left before today is gone — and they remain utterly clueless about their own suicide in service to an incompetent president.

Rational Thought on September 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Moronic foreign policy amateurs. Very dangerous. You go first.

Ted Torgerson on September 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM

The Boss is letting it rip.
God Bless her. Someone as angry as most right thinking Americans.
If only Sean Hannity would just shut up and sit still like a good boy and let her preach it!

RovesChins on September 12, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Somebody far less disingenuous than our POTUS please tell Egypt’s Grand Poobah that he can go eff himself wish for constitutionally protected American freedom of speech to die in one hand and crap in the other — and see which one fills up first!

FlatFoot on September 12, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Egypt used to be an ally.

Thanks a lot, President Empty Chair.

22044 on September 12, 2012 at 9:32 PM

— Anthony Terrell (@AnthonyNBCNews) September 13, 2012

Sorry, Obama if you think this will placate Netanyahu after you dissed him by being too busy to meet, but not too busy to go on Letterman, Bibi isn’t that stupid.

Wethal on September 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Obama is just flailing wildly at this point.

RedRedRice on September 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Your absolutely correct! Obama is losing!

jjnco73 on September 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Anthony Terrell@AnthonyNBCNews
In an exclusive @BarackObama tells @jdbalart “I don’t think that we would consider (Egypt) an ally” #msnbc2012

Well, that was quick ending to A New Beginning.*

*Obama’s 06/04/09 Cairo speech.

de rigueur on September 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Obama: “I don’t think that we would consider (Egypt) an ally

Right. You consider them brothers.

jaime on September 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Wow, the Boss Emeritus is on Hannity, and she is PISSED

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on September 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM

MM is unloading….

BallisticBob on September 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM

MM is unloading….

Axe on September 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM

If only the Byzantine Empire had defeated them in 636 AD….

wildcat72 on September 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM

So we won’t forgive $1 billion of their debt?

Wethal on September 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Consciousness of guilt.

Curtiss on September 12, 2012 at 9:35 PM

So we won’t forgive $1 billion of their debt?

Wethal on September 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Not only should we NOT do that we should send our Navy to Egypt to seize control of the Suez Canal IMMEDIATELY.

wildcat72 on September 12, 2012 at 9:35 PM

If only the Byzantine Empire had defeated them in 636 AD….

wildcat72 on September 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM

If Justinian had been competent a century before, we wouldn’t have this problem.

ajacksonian on September 12, 2012 at 9:35 PM

So why did you let them off the hook for the cool $1B they owe us?

HumpBot Salvation on September 12, 2012 at 9:36 PM

All true. And I will not be surprised if PPP or Gallup notes an upward tick in this idiot’s poll numbers vs. Romney.

Because a substantial portion of the US public seems to be just as dumb, or dumber, than 0bama himself.

MidniteRambler on September 12, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Uh, oh. Barry un-friended Morsi.

Morsi responds with a gift:

Cody1991 on September 12, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Egypt used to be an ally.

Thanks a lot, President Empty Chair.

22044 on September 12, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Indeed. And that’s a very important point.

visions on September 12, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Pres. Obama at Las Vegas campaign rally: ‘No act of violence will shake the resolve of the USA.’ – @markknoller

4 mins ago by editor

canopfor on September 12, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Eleven years after 9/11, we’re discussing anti-blasphemy laws. Wow.

joejm65 on September 12, 2012 at 9:37 PM

If only the Byzantine Empire had defeated them in 636 AD….

wildcat72 on September 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM

ajacksonian on September 12, 2012 at 9:35 PM

True… The real threat was Persia… The Empire was so exhausted it took heroics by Emperor Heraculis to beat them back, and they had NOTHING left to fight the Arabs with.

wildcat72 on September 12, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Watched Obama giving some remarks about this during a campaign stop a few minutes ago on Hannity. Absolutely surreal. I just could not believe I was watching what I was watching.
It’s like all a side note. They had the reverb going pretty strong on his voice. All these people were cheering which just added to the weirdness of it all(although you could never see anyone in front of him.. might have been 20 people.. no way to tell).

It was like “Oh, by the way. Some people died today. We’ll get those responsible. Now lets get back to the campaign!”

JellyToast on September 12, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Great Britain

burrata on September 12, 2012 at 9:37 PM

RovesChins on September 12, 2012 at 9:32 PM

I was listening to Hannity’s show today when he had Tavis Smiley and Cornell West on…unbelievable…

They were discussing Mubarak and of course Smiley and West were all up in arms…Hannity just had to ask the both of them one question..

How many members of the US State Department were murdered when Mubarak was in charge?? How many were murdered when Sadat was in charge???

BigWyo on September 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM

So how many Americans have to die before Obama cancels a fundraiser?

Folks being swept away by floodwaters in NOLA a couple weeks back didn’t seem to phase him.

Four dead on 9/11 didn’t seem to phase him.

HumpBot Salvation on September 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM

The picture of Morsi on the screen cap on the main page for this article shows he could be Ron Perlman’s doppelganger.

jaime on September 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Anti-Islam film protests

Obama to @TelemundoNews: Egypt not considered an ally, but ‘we don’t consider them an enemy. They are a new government that is trying to find its way’ – @NBCNews

18 mins ago by editor

canopfor on September 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM

It’s a gimmick. The jihadists won some sympathy from the left by using this gimmick before because of shared enemy so they will keep going back to it. The left’s hatred for Christians was the catalyst for the killings. If they had used Hitchens as the gimmick back when he was alive, insisting he should be silenced, it never would have went anywhere and those people in Libya would still be alive. Obama needs to publicly call the gimmick what it is and admit that he screwed up by falling into the trap and order all his people to shut up about the preacher and film maker.

Interesting that when I was trying to come up with a leftist who wasn’t cozy with the jihadis, I could only think of one dead guy.

Buddahpundit on September 12, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Such decisive language!

DrStock on September 12, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Romney needs to bury Obama with this foreign policy disaster.

1) Obama didn’t attend security briefings for over a week leading up to 9/11 of all weeks!!

2) Left DC to go fund raise when all hell is breaking loose over there.

3) Showed no outrage at dead, murdered Americans

4) Leaving that embassy unprotected by not having marines there, instead relied on “local security forces”

5) Virtually silent on the breach of the Egyptian embassy.

6) Ignoring Netanyahu (sp?) while finding time to go on Letterman?

This a$$hat needs to be slaughtered in the ballot box in November.

This is definitely a carter 2.0 presidency all over again.

karenhasfreedom on September 12, 2012 at 9:40 PM

the pyramids aren’t that impressive anyway…

equanimous on September 12, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I’d guess the Swedes or Norwegians would go full dhimmi first.

Wethal on September 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Yeah, I’d go with Norway. Jews are no longer safe there.

slickwillie2001 on September 12, 2012 at 9:41 PM

The most charitable thing that can be said about the Obamanation Administration is that they are incompetent. Diplomatic cables warning that Al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood were intending violence against American targets just days before the 11th anniversary of 9/11 and the Obamanation Administration didn’t increase security.

On the other hand the Obama Presidential Campaign is is in serious trouble, foundering badly, dropping in the polls and in desperate need of a Jack Ryan sized diversion/distraction. A crises that David Axerod could manipulate to the advantage of the Obama campaign.

SWalker on September 12, 2012 at 9:41 PM

They are a new government that is trying to find its way

Oh, they found their way.

Buddahpundit on September 12, 2012 at 9:41 PM

If only the Byzantine Empire had defeated them in 636 AD….

wildcat72 on September 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Europe abandoned the Byzantines.

They’re making it all up them now, though! By… sending more aid to the people that destroyed them.

Demosthenes on September 12, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Wait till Morsi sees my newest work, and it’ll be going viral pretty soon. I’ll be producing and directing a YouTube of people pissing on posters of Mohammed, who’ll be photoshopped in drag. The actors taking their leaks will portray everything from the homeless to bikers to priests to women in bikinis and burkhas to men in exquisitely tailored suits, and Yarmulkes. The last scene will be of a CGI feral hog letting it all go on the poster, a three-minute stream, as we fade to black.

Sue me, Mutha F**ka!

TXUS on September 12, 2012 at 9:42 PM

No surprise Egypt’s Islamist President doesn’t understand our Bill of Rights and freedom of speech. Some in the US don’t either. Such as those calling for the same thing the Islamist is.

farsighted on September 12, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Anti-Islam film protests

18 mins ago by editor

canopfor on September 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM

And if they gotta attack the US Embassy while they “find their way,” who the hell are we to condemn? We’ll pay for it, sure, but condemn it? No way.

Rational Thought on September 12, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Egypt is an ally.
BO visits and tells them he’s one of them.
BO becomes president.
BO doesn’t protect our diplomats in Egypt.
Egypt kills our ambassador and other diplomats.
Egypt is no longer an ally.

Isn’t this a fairly significant foreign policy failure (even without digging deeper into the damning details)?

bearpaw on September 12, 2012 at 9:43 PM

the pyramids aren’t that impressive anyway…

equanimous on September 12, 2012 at 9:40 PM

The Muslim brotherhood wants to take them down anyway.

All they know how to do is destroy.

We should ask Israel to vacate for a few weeks and then just start dropping bombs. Blow them all up and send Israel back in to clean up the mess. They will turn it into a paradise after just a few years.

JellyToast on September 12, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Present!

Wethal on September 12, 2012 at 9:44 PM

If only the Byzantine Empire had defeated them in 636 AD….

wildcat72 on September 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Europe abandoned the Byzantines.

Demosthenes on September 12, 2012 at 9:41 PM

In 636 AD the Byzantine (or Eastern Roman) Empire still held all of the Eastern Empire, all of North Africa, most of Italy and South Spain.

A century later it’d hold only the south Balkans, Asia Minor, and parts of Italy.

Europe backstabbed her by taking Constantinople in 1204, thus insuring it’s eventual conquest by muslims (1453).

The Roman Empire didn’t fall until May 29, 1453.

wildcat72 on September 12, 2012 at 9:44 PM

I don’t consider Egypt or President Obama to be America’s Ally

Varchild on September 12, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I’m watching this demonstration in Cairo. There’s something missing……. they need the Code Pink Dancing Vajayjays to liven things up.

Cody1991 on September 12, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Moronic foreign policy amateurs. Very dangerous. You go first.

Ted Torgerson on September 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM

..obscure Steven Spielberg movie reference. Did not go unappreciated.

The War Planner on September 12, 2012 at 9:46 PM

They were allies until Obama helped his pals in the Muslim Brotherhood hijack the revolution and take over, running off Mubarak in the process.

Obama’s actions in the ME, which so many seem to find mystifying, are not at all hard to understand. If you were an ally or at least cooperating with the US, Obama supports the overthrow of your government. If you are an enemy of the US, no matter how bloody and brutal, he is happy to have you remain in power.

Obama is desperately trying to keep the lid on a half a dozen boiling pots until after the election. Then he will have more “flexibility” to deal with situations. And that “flexibility” won’t be good for us or our allies.

Anyone who thinks Obama has any intention of stopping Iran from developing nukes is delusional. He is doing his utmost to prevent Israel from acting alone until it is too late, and then he will just shrug his shoulders.

novaculus on September 12, 2012 at 9:47 PM

That does not make sense to me if true. You’d think he’d want to appease (he’s so good at it) Bibi and tell him “Just wait, in my 2nd term I’ll have more flexibility”

Although I imagine that’s the last thing Netanyahu would want to hear coming out of a muslim’s mouth…

ccrosby on September 12, 2012 at 9:47 PM

SWalker on September 12, 2012 at 9:41 PM

That won’t help Obama. Already, the parallels between Obama and Carter are shrieking to the voters here. We have another competent imbecile in the White House as the Middle East breaks down into chaos.

Those of us who were voters back in 1979 remember Carter hiding under his desk whining about “diplomatic immunity” as the crazy iranians (one of them is now their president, he was part of the “students” who over ran our embassy in tehran) over ran our embassy and embarrassed us with the hostage crisis for 444 days.

Thank goodness Reagan used some back channel communications and warned the Iranians to free the hostages before he got back to the White House after he was sworn in at the Capitol building, otherwise there would be hell to pay. The crazy muslim clerics believed him and the hostages were wheels up as Reagan was sworn in.

Romney, find your dick and find your balls. Man up and be firm here. America will be behind you.

karenhasfreedom on September 12, 2012 at 9:47 PM