Egypt’s Islamist president tells embassy to take legal action in U.S. against makers of Mohammed film; Update: I don’t consider Egypt an ally, says Obama

posted at 9:16 pm on September 12, 2012 by Allahpundit

I wonder if he knows that there’s no legal action available to him (yet) and is simply grandstanding for the locals’ sake or if he actually thinks he can sue to shut this thing down. Silly Morsi: There won’t be a blasphemy exception added to the First Amendment for critiques of Islam for another, oh, 10-20 years at least, I figure. Although if the Pentagon pushes really hard on national-security grounds, who knows how fast change might come?

Morsi’s silence on the embassy mob is deafening:

WhiIe Egypt’s prime minister called Tuesday’s incident “regrettable” and unjustified, President Mohamed Morsy condemned the anti-Muslim film that incited the protesters.

Morsy made a reference to Egypt’s duty to protect diplomatic missions and its opposition to unlawful protesters, but did not mention or criticize those who stormed the embassy.

“The presidency condemns in the strongest terms the attempt of a group to insult the place of the Messenger, the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) and condemns the people who have produced this radical work,” the president said in a statement posted on his Facebook page. “The Egyptian people, both Muslims and Christians, refuse such insults on sanctities.”

His statement went on to say that the Egyptian government respects the right to free expression, a common Orwellian flourish whenever Islamists call for cartoons or films or books insulting the faith to be banned. Marc Lynch frets that the Brotherhood’s silence is negligent insofar as it might alienate the U.S. government, and wonders if they’re caught in a political trap where they can’t apologize for the embassy mob or else the Salafists will demagogue them as being sellouts to the Great Satan. I think David Frum’s closer to the mark:

More serious is the exploitation by Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood president of the incident as support for anti-Islam blasphemy laws. It’s important to understand that Morsi is concerned with Egyptian, not American, laws. Morsi is taking a page from the 1979 Khomeini playbook, fabricating an international incident to mobilize religious passions as a weapon for his political grouping against more secular blocs in Egyptian society – the Egyptian military very much included.

Yeah, I think Morsi and his advisors are savvy enough to understand that, once you’re an official “ally” of the United States, the White House will let you get away with all sorts of Islamist nutbaggery. In fact, the nuttier you are, the more eager the White House is to retain you as an “ally”: Better to have you behaving horribly while inside our orbit, where we can theoretically exercise some sort of restraint on you, than let you spin entirely out of it and run wild across the region. (The ultimate example of that farcical reasoning is, of course, Pakistan.) So yeah, why not let a mob terrorize American diplomats on 9/11? And why bother apologizing? We’re not going to risk a new Egyptian/Israeli war by cutting off aid from Cairo entirely and Morsi knows it, so he feels fully entitled to tell us implicitly to kiss his ass. And meanwhile, as Lynch and Frum both note, Morsi earns cred with the swaths of Islamists in Egypt’s electorate. The Libyan government and even some Libyan citizens showed remorse today for the attack on the consulate in Benghazi, but Libya needs us more than we need it. Not so Egypt. That’s a key difference in the two countries’ reactions, I think.

Exit question: Which western nation will be the first to appease the rising Islamist bloc in the Middle East by reinstituting anti-blasphemy laws for Islam? It won’t be us, I think; despite the best intentions of cretinous academics, there are too many constitutional and ideological roadblocks to abridging free speech that dramatically in the U.S. A better bet would be Canada, but the “human rights” Star Chamber that’s tormented people like Mark Steyn and Ezra Levant has gotten enough bad press over the last few years that I’m thinking Canadians might now think twice about new restrictions. No, I’m going to put my money on the UK. They’ve got just the right mix, I think, of surveillance-state paranoia and sweaty multicultural dogmatism (replete with robust hate-crime prosecutions) to give an anti-blasphemy regime a go. I’ll leave you with this from today’s op-ed page of the Guardian, a leading light of British “progressivism”:

Some people will want to defend the [Mohammed] film as critical of an idea, or of a belief. But I don’t think that will do. No Muslim could think of Muhammad as he is portrayed in the film, and very few can suppose that Islam commands them to behave the way the Muslims in the film do. The beliefs criticised are entirely imaginary. If any other group but Muslims were the target this would be obvious at once.

This film is purely and simply an incitement to religious hatred. It stokes hatred in both of its intended audiences – Christians and Jews in the US, and Muslims in the wider world. If jihadi videos are banned in this country, and their distributors prosecuted, the same should be true of this film and for the same reasons.

Update: I was surprised yesterday when he snubbed Netanyahu, and now I’m surprised again — although I think there’s a common thread that explains both reactions.

Is The One throwing Egypt under the bus, and right after I made that nifty Pakistan comparison up top, too? Well, no. He’s putting some distance between himself and Morsi now because Americans are, understandably, righteously PO’d about what happened yesterday in Cairo and Benghazi, and no amount of media caterwauling about Romney’s gaffes is going to change that. O snubbed Bibi because a war with Iran could wreak havoc with his reelection bid; he’s snubbing Morsi now for the same reason, because he knows that Romney’s “apology tour” critique of Hopenchange could hurt him badly if it gains traction. And one way for it to gain traction would be to act chummy with Egypt at a moment when they still haven’t properly apologized for the Cairo embassy mob. Egypt will be an “ally” again once he’s safely reelected, rest assured.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

This entire episode points out another reality: Obama is flailing and will very likely say all sorts of ridiculous, wrong and possibly outrageous things at the debates – all in a calm manner – just to stay on offense. He won’t care if his facts are wrong, because he knows the MSM will never fact-check – either in the moment or the next several days.

So Mitt needs to be ready for all sorts of nonsense.

matthew8787 on September 12, 2012 at 10:47 PM

wildcat72 on September 12, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Thank you… I’ll see if I can slip them in my wife’s to buy pile.. she buys a lot of books online.

Never too late for an education.

mark81150 on September 12, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Byzantium is my favorite study in history.

And I hate to call it Byzantium, because the people and Emperors never did, they NEVER used that word… To the last day the Empire existed, they called themselves ROMAN.

They WERE the Roman Empire.

I am shocked a movie has never been made about Constantine XI, the last Emperor of Constantinople. He died with a sword in his hand DEFENDING his city from the Turks in 1453…

Constantine XI is a martyr and should be recognized as a Saint by the Catholic Church as well…

wildcat72 on September 12, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Unfortunately, most people wouldn’t know what you were talking about if you spoke of the Eastern Roman Empire. We’re stuck with “Byzantine” and “Byzantium”… sadly.

I agree about Constantine XI Paleologos.

From “The Immortal Emperor” by Donald M. Nichols:

“The only hope left was that the promised fleet from Venice would arrive in time. The hope was dashed when a Venetian ship that had slipped out to reconnoitre came back to report that no fleet was to be seen. Constantine broke down and wept. The whole of Christendom, it seemed, had deserted him in his fight against the enemies of the Cross. He committed himself and his city to the mercy of Christ, His Mother, and the first Christian Emperor, the holy Constantine the Great.”

Demosthenes on September 12, 2012 at 10:51 PM

wildcat72 on September 12, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Never too late for an education.

mark81150 on September 12, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Constantine XI was quite the hero. The Roman Empire died with a man TRULY worthy to lead it. Sadly, he wasn’t born earlier when he might have saved it. The irony is that Constantine XI and his father Manuel II were two of the most capable men the Roman Empire had had in centuries. Unfortunately there was little they could do.

wildcat72 on September 12, 2012 at 10:51 PM

. . . . . (Egyptian) President Mohamed Morsy condemned the anti-Muslim film that incited the protesters.

( E X P L E T I V E S )
President Morsy, this is WAR.

And I don’t mean it the way Bugs Bunny says it, either.

listens2glenn on September 12, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Allanpundit! You are in danger of losing some Eeyore cred by veering wildly off into the Blind Optimist zone like that.

BL@KBIRD on September 12, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Hey Obummer, if Egypt is not an ally, why endorse the Muslim Brotherhood?

Oh, and great job saying this right before Friday’s prayers in Egpyt.

sentinelrules on September 12, 2012 at 10:57 PM

I agree about Constantine XI Paleologos.

From “The Immortal Emperor” by Donald M. Nichols:

Demosthenes on September 12, 2012 at 10:51 PM

The last address by a Roman Emperor on the last day of the Roman Empire:

Gentlemen, illustrious captains of the army, and our most Christian comrades in arms: we now see the hour of battle approaching. I have therefore elected to assemble you here to make it clear that you must stand together with firmer resolution than ever. You have always fought with glory against the enemies of Christ. Now the defence of your fatherland and of the city known the world over, which the infidel and evil Turks have been besieging for two and fifty days, is committed to your lofty spirits.

Be not afraid because its walls have been worn down by the enemy’s battering. For your strength lies in the protection of God and you must show it with your arms quivering and your swords brandished against the enemy. I know that this undisciplined mob will, as is their custom, rush upon you with loud cries and ceaseless volleys of arrows. These will do you no bodily harm, for I see that you are well covered in armour. They will strike the walls, our breastplates and our shiellds. So do not imitate the Romans who, when the Carthaginians went into battle against them, allowed their cavalry to be terrified by the fearsome sight and sound of elephants.

In this battle you must stand firm and have no fear, no thought of flight, but be inspired to resist with ever more herculean strength. Animals may run away from animals. But you are men, men of stout heart, and you will hold at bay these dumb brutes, thrusting your spears and swords into them, so that they will know that they are fighting not against their own kind but against the masters of animals.

You are aware that the impious and infidel enemy has disturbed the peace unjustly. He has violated the oath and treaty that he made with us; he has slaughtered our farmers at harvest time; he has erected a fortress on the Propontis as it were to devour the Christians; he has encircled Galata under a pretence of peace.

Now he threatens to capture the city of Constantine the Great, your fatherland, the place of ready refuge for all Christians, the guardian of all Greeks, and to profane its holy shrines of God by turning them into stables for fits horses. Oh my lords, my brothers, my sons, the everlasting honour of Christians is in your hands.

You men of Genoa, men of courage and famous for your infinite victories, you who have always protected this city, your mother, in many a conflict with the Turks, show now your prowess and your aggressive spirit toward them with manly vigour.

You men of Venice, most valiant heroes, whose swords have many a time made Turkish blood to flow and who in our time have sent so many ships, so many infidel souls to the depths under the command of Loredano, the most excellent captain of our fleet, you who have adorned this city as if it were your own with fine, outstanding men, lift high your spirits now for battle.

You, my comrades in arms, obey the commands of your leaders in the knowledge that this is the day of your glory — a day on which, if you shed but a drop of blood, you will win for yourselves crowns of martyrdom and eternal fame.

-Constantine XI Dragases, Roman Emperor, May 29, 1453

wildcat72 on September 12, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Sure Egypt isn’t an ally to Obama but the Muslim brotherhood is

sadsushi on September 12, 2012 at 10:58 PM

At some point it won’t only be Iran that feels Israel’s wrath-and from what was once Israel’s most reliable Arab neighbor. Thanks Barack!

MaiDee on September 12, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I’ve said this before, and my hopes fell way short as I expected…but I might as well.

President Obama, this is your chance. Show us you can lead. Show us decisiveness. Show us that, with the time you have left, you can do something we’ll thank you for. Pull our people out of Libya and Egypt, cut aid, and tell them they’re a c**t hair away from ass-kicking.

MadisonConservative on September 12, 2012 at 11:01 PM

wildcat72 on September 12, 2012 at 10:57 PM

His mother’s surname always sounded better.

Demosthenes on September 12, 2012 at 11:04 PM

His mother’s surname always sounded better.

Demosthenes on September 12, 2012 at 11:04 PM

The question is, does Christianity face the fate of a final stand like Constantine XI made?

Or will we be victorious?

WHY would people choose the darkness and slavery of islam over the freedom and light of Christianity?

Then again, people are choosing the darkness and slavery of socialism, the democrat party, and Obama over conservatism and the Constitution…

The same forces are at work today as in 1453. Most are just too ignorant to know it.

wildcat72 on September 12, 2012 at 11:11 PM

MadisonConservative on September 12, 2012 at 11:01 PM

He does not want a strong America!

We are evil colonialists that bred (or were bred from) the evil white imperialists that struck his father down.

Did you not read “Dreams From My father” or any of the crap this POS has written.

This man has no pride in America. He and his beloved (for the first time I’m proud of my country) only want to see “white America” brought to their knees.

And he’s doing a pretty good job of it so far.

ccrosby on September 12, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Hey Obumbles! You know what? Stay the hell out of Las Vegas until a decent amount of time has passed by. You idiot.

MTF on September 12, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Or will we be victorious?

wildcat72 on September 12, 2012 at 11:11 PM

In my opinion, they choose Islam because it always them to enslave others — their own wives, mothers and daughters. It is what appeals most to savages… and being pardoned and rewarded for the murder of infidels by your lord and savior, Allah.

The threat is worse today. The media neuters our resolve to confront this enemy, enabling Muslims to “express” their “grievances”.

Demosthenes on September 12, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I had never emailed the White House before last night.

I’m pissed … and now my wife is scared that my emails will be monitored by the SS. Tough!

While I still have the right to free speech, they’re gunna hear from me.

What a bunch of Bozo’s … this is like a circus that comes to town and the residents are left to clean up the mess.

Kick their asses out!

ORrighty on September 12, 2012 at 11:27 PM

…because it always them to enslave others

Demosthenes on September 12, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Whoops!

Should read: “allows” them

Demosthenes on September 12, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I started to watch the film trailer in question and it was so stupid I started gagging and shut it off at about 3:00 min.

These attacks had absolutely NOTHING to do with this film and EVERYTHING to do with the date (I hope I’m not the only only one that has figured this out.) It was 9/11, let me say that again, IT WAS 9/11.

Is this film more insulting to extremists than Imanutjob spouting that Iran is going to wipe Israel off the face of the map every time he has an audience of 3 people or more?

Is this film more insulting to extremists than Egypt crucifying Coptic Christians is to all us infidels?

Hasn’t the world had enough of this $HIT. I have.

Concerned_American on September 12, 2012 at 11:34 PM

MadisonConservative on September 12, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Sounds like a salafist wet dream. Seriously, though, that is what they want. I can’t blame you for feeling that way… when I first come across lots of these events it’s my initial inclination as well but it is not in our national interest to do that.

lexhamfox on September 12, 2012 at 11:38 PM

lexhamfox on September 12, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Then what is the best course of action for our national interest?

MadisonConservative on September 12, 2012 at 11:57 PM

What do you call a man who marries a 6 year old and has sex with her when she turns 9?

A. Pedophile
B. Prophet Mohammad
c. All of the above

bw222 on September 13, 2012 at 12:21 AM

The new Obama Doctrine: Schizophrenia

ThePrez on September 12, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Obama/Biden 2012
Forward…or, Backward

socalcon on September 13, 2012 at 12:28 AM

I don’t consider Egypt an ally, says Obama

What!!!??? Even after he got to all but pick their government?

VorDaj on September 13, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Then why are my tax dollars going to them

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on September 13, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Silly Morsi: There won’t be a blasphemy exception added to the First Amendment for critiques of Islam for another, oh, 10-20 years at least, I figure. Although if the Pentagon pushes really hard on national-security dhimmi grounds, who knows how fast change might come?

So Mr. Allahpundit, are you starting to see the Pentagon as it really is maybe? If so, is Ed far behind?

VorDaj on September 13, 2012 at 12:41 AM

NBC News ‏@NBCNews

MT @jdbalart: Pres. Obama on Egypt:”I don’t think that we would consider them an ally. But we don’t consider them an enemy. As a matter of fact, I hope they realize they’re still invited to my sleepover at the end of the month! @TelemundoNews

An earlier, deleted tweet.

socalcon on September 13, 2012 at 12:43 AM

MadisonConservative on September 12, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Music to my ears.

VorDaj on September 13, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Then what is the best course of action for our national interest?

MadisonConservative on September 12, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Tell the truth about Islam and about it’s founder.

VorDaj on September 13, 2012 at 12:45 AM

MOAR FLEXIBILITY!!!!

…and cowbell

John Kettlewell on September 13, 2012 at 1:21 AM

It’s as if everything Obama touches turns into lead greenhouse gases.

Shy Guy on September 13, 2012 at 1:56 AM

It’s not a war on Muslims… of course not!

It’s a war on radical, murderous Muslims.

Unfortunately, that’s hundreds of thousands of them..

Opinionnation on September 13, 2012 at 3:00 AM

It’s not a war on Muslims… of course not!

It’s a war on radical, murderous Muslims.

Unfortunately, that’s hundreds of thousands of them..

Opinionnation on September 13, 2012 at 3:00 AM

this is a ideological war. and part of the war is to provide muslims anti islamic material that undermines their will to go nuts.
the best anti-islamic material is the state of failed states like somalia and Afghanistan and now the war in syria.
at the same time, secularists and other religions can try to moderate or convert away some muslims.
this is why its so important we dont lose or freedom of speech and the ability of anti-islamic material to reach muslims.
and the same time we have to hunt the violent terrorists.

its also important that cases where western powers intervened to succeed. especially libya. it will be a show case that will convince many muslims to follow a path of moderation.
I was very surprised that there where “we are sorry” protests in libya. it would not happen with other “allies” like pakistan and it is very positive

nathor on September 13, 2012 at 4:43 AM

If the U.N. says so, I’m sure Dear Leader will comply.

no amount of media caterwauling about Romney’s gaffes

What “gaffe”? Romney was absolutely right. Guess I missed something?

Dr. ZhivBlago on September 13, 2012 at 5:20 AM

If the U.N. says so, I’m sure Dear Leader will comply.

no amount of media caterwauling about Romney’s gaffes

What “gaffe”? Romney was absolutely right. Guess I missed something?

Dr. ZhivBlago on September 13, 2012 at 5:20 AM

Yup, every action of this admin since Romney spoke lines up with Mitt’s critique.

rob verdi on September 13, 2012 at 6:03 AM

BTW, all those who sympathize with the Islamists and are angry about the film, do you see any Christians ANYWHERE murdering their “enemies” because Muslims burn down churches, crucify non-Muslims, etc.????? Nope, didn’t think so. So which then is the Religion of Peace. It ain’t Islam….

chai on September 13, 2012 at 6:14 AM

Right, Scooter. And going to Vegas is bad. My take.

kingsjester on September 13, 2012 at 6:37 AM

I don’t consider Egypt an ally, says Obama

So then why:

Barack Obama invited Muslim Brotherhood Egyptian President Mohammad Morsi to meet with him in New York next week.

US, Egypt Conducting Joint Military Exercises

U.S. planes landed in Egypt Tuesday for a joint exercise, the first since the fall of Hosni Mubarak.

albill on September 13, 2012 at 7:24 AM

“Ugly Jokes” about the president of Egypt. The President of Egypt is So Ugly, when his wife told him to take out the trash, he moved out…

Darvin Dowdy on September 13, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Dropping loads of Motunes on the assembled mass of lunatics after Friday ‘prayer’ would be a good first start as a reiteration of the right to free speech.

Annar on September 13, 2012 at 7:35 AM

lexhamfox on September 12, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Nice feelings in search of a doctrine.

What IS the Obama Doctrine in foreign policy? Without the doctrine, the nice feelings are self-serving and not worth very much.

ajacksonian on September 13, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Seriously, no matter the reaction of individual people in Libya or Egypt, saying “we’re sorry”, the majority of moslems hate America; they hate and fear anything that isn’t Islamic.

They also view themselves as superior because of their religion. As long as we keep apologizing for having western, MODERN, civilization and values, they will continue to hate and look down on us, seeing us as deserving of their contempt and violence. They will only start to view us with any respect when we stand up for ourselves and show that any “slights” will be met with an overwhelming, violent, response.

State seems to ignore the fact that we are dealing with a “shame” rather than a “guilt” culture, and what works with the one can have an opposite effect on the other.

LibraryGryffon on September 13, 2012 at 8:00 AM

So now the U.S. Embassy in Yemen has been stormed.

Wake up, people. This is all the culmination of our military interventionism foreign policy. We cannot expect to meddle in the affairs of sovereign nations without suffering retaliation.

Dante on September 13, 2012 at 8:18 AM

wildcat72 on September 12, 2012 at 11:11 PM

If you accept the bible as any kind of authority on such matters then it is because they are spiritually blind, i.e. they lack the discernment to distinguish between the darkness and the light.

More generally, when Muslims claim that Islam is the natural religion of mankind, or the perfect religion, I’m very inclined to agree, on the understanding that I think “religion” per se to be a very bad thing. Islam offers a a very seductive combination of piety and external spiritual rigour (fasting, timed prayers, etc) without being intellectually demanding and without any significant need for repentance, self-scrutiny, honesty, or anything else that a carnal personality might find challenging. Its theology is simplistic, easily adapted to personal taste, and allows a person to be one of the perpetual victims, part of a great and eternal struggle against wicked oppressors, which I suppose is emotionally attractive to many people.

By contrast, the demands of Jesus Christ are extremely hard. He insists that you don’t even start following him unless you are ready to give everything, and lose everything. No bitterness can be retained. The smallest hatred must be released. Enemies are to be unconditionally forgiven and blessed. All lust and carnality is to be rejected and overcome. Nor can Christians find comfort by wallowing in victimhood. Theologically, too it is more difficult.

YiZhangZhe on September 13, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Update: I don’t consider Egypt an ally, says Obama

But it was the first stop on your Apology Tour, Pres. Flip-flop.

locomotivebreath1901 on September 13, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Dante on September 13, 2012 at 8:18 AM

So your first reaction to terrorist attacks on the sovereign territory of the United States is that it’s our fault? You sir are a pathetic, cringing coward.

Trafalgar on September 13, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Interesting words coming from a country where Coptic churches are being burned.

JohnnyL on September 13, 2012 at 9:05 AM

“I have come to Cairo to reaffirm the strong support of the United States for the Egyptian people and their democratic transition,” Clinton said at a joint news conference with Foreign Minister Mohammed Amr after the meeting (with Mursi).”

That’s only one quote from July.

Shall we go back further or be more extensive in our search since it’s pretty evident the major media will not?

Shall we repeat all the wonderful things they told us would be happening in Egypt? The nice words and meetings with the Muslim Brotherhood.

This is honestly the most egregiously dishonest cover-up and propagandizing I have ever seen perpetuated by the American media. The MSM people involved in trying to shield Mr. Obama should be ashamed and embarrassed. Instead, they have doubled-down. That’s simply beyond despicable.

Marcus Traianus on September 13, 2012 at 9:16 AM

We’re being played here folks.

The protests, embassy burning and murders had nothing to do with this stupid film, and all the players know it. The protesters had nothing to say about it at all. They were pissed about bin laden being killed, and were very clear to call out obama for bragging about it. Are we really to believe this all had nothing to do with 9-11 when it happened on 9-11???

Look at the timeline. The trailer was posted on youtube on july 2. Have you ever known muzzies to wait over 2 months to start foaming at the mouth?

Nope. The film is now being used as the “excuse” for no other reason than to protect obama. Everyone on the left remembers what happened to carter. Only in the last 2 days (since the murders) has anyone complained about the film, and at the start of those complaints every single one was from american leftists (press mostly). Only after the leftists gave the muzzies their talking points did THEY then start complaining about the trailer.

Morsi is just playing along as he knows obama wants him to. Every story coming out, even here at HotAir, makes the incorrect claim that all this started over a stupid film trailer that’s been out over 2 months.

obama incited these protests, and he knows it. The last thing he wants is for anyone to report it. So far, he’s getting exactly what he wants. Nice job.

runawayyyy on September 13, 2012 at 9:17 AM

It’s not a war on Muslims… of course not!

It’s a war on radical, murderous Muslims.

Unfortunately, that’s hundreds of thousands of them..

Opinionnation on September 13, 2012 at 3:00 AM

[from the other thread]
For what it’s worth, I believe your estimate is very low. There are 2 billion muslims in the world. Your estimate of hundreds of thousands of radical murderous muslims is therefore on the order of 0.01% of all muslims.

There are probably 0.01% radical murderous people in any group.

There are more than likely millions of radical murderous muslims. That puts the estimate in the 0.1% range.

Also, I don’t think there’s a war on muslims. There’s a mostly one-sided war on the West being waged by elements of the muslim world. That’s my layman’s observation…I’m no expert in geopolitics.

freedomfirst on September 13, 2012 at 8:11 AM

freedomfirst on September 13, 2012 at 9:27 AM

There are probably 0.01% radical murderous people in any group.

Hyperbole…to make the point.

freedomfirst on September 13, 2012 at 9:28 AM

FALSE FLAG. FALSE FLAG. FALSE FLAG.

These protests over some obscure film released two months ago are nothing but cover for premeditated terrorist attacks, all coordinated for the anniversary of 9/11. To claim they are anything else is simply a lie.

Dominion on September 13, 2012 at 9:43 AM

We are supposed to be sheep and hang onto anything this regime says via their media puppet masters. The same coincidence that happened with the BP oil platform completely demolished on Earth Day…. So Obama could shut down our ability to pump our own oil for our country. I don’t believe in coincidences, I believe in collusion for political agenda’s.

ActinUpinTexas on September 13, 2012 at 10:52 AM

If he does not consider Egypt as ally then why is he forgiving billions of dollars in debt to us? Whys is he giving them M1 tanks to use against us and the technology to our other enemies? When will he be charged with treason and people that support open their eyes? He is the worst domestic terrorist in our history!

harvey1 on September 13, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Egypt no longer considered an ally by the President of the United States.

Definition–Change.

Conservative in NOVA on September 13, 2012 at 11:29 AM

This, IMO, is where this guy is dangerous. He responds to a nation and (a listening enemy) as if some lesser one in Chicago had said something offensive to him, so his gut default is to cut them down.

“You’re not my” friend (ally) is smarmy grade school stuff.

He’s not at all cool, as much as he’s sitting on a ton of anger and arrogance that shows up at times like this.

Don L on September 13, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Egypt was an ally before Obama threw Hosni Mubarak under the bus!
This is the type of Foreign Policy you get when you elect a community organizer, with no private sector job experience, to the highest office in the land. Absolutly pathetic and dangerous!

tomshup on September 13, 2012 at 12:30 PM

OBAMA: HITS ROCK BOTTOM, THEN GRABS A JACKHAMMER.

Mutnodjmet on September 13, 2012 at 1:12 PM

So… will we be crossing into ‘no more deities in jars of urine territory’ or will that stuff only apply to images of the 7th century barbarian’s image?/pfft

RalphyBoy on September 13, 2012 at 2:10 PM

The same reasons? So criticizing Islam and Mohammed is exactly the same as encouraging attacks by jihadis?

If ‘blasphemy’ against the false prophet/pederast/murderer Mohammed is indeed outlawed in the U.K., it will be the progressives leading the charge.

tom on September 13, 2012 at 2:44 PM

If only the Byzantine Empire had defeated them in 636 AD….

wildcat72 on September 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Europe abandoned the Byzantines.

They’re making it all up them now, though! By… sending more aid to the people that destroyed them.

Demosthenes on September 12, 2012 at 9:41 PM

In 636 AD the Byzantine (or Eastern Roman) Empire still held all of the Eastern Empire, all of North Africa, most of Italy and South Spain.

A century later it’d hold only the south Balkans, Asia Minor, and parts of Italy.

Europe backstabbed her by taking Constantinople in 1204, thus insuring it’s eventual conquest by muslims (1453).

The Roman Empire didn’t fall until May 29, 1453.

wildcat72 on September 12, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Sacking Constantinople made absolutely no sense in the context of the stated goals of the Crusade. And yet it happened. Which suggests a) the kings and nobles saw that Constantinople was weak, and an easy target for looting and/or b) the Catholic Church leadership blessed the sacking of Constantinople because they saw the Eastern Catholic Church as a rival religious organization and wanted to get rid of it

tom on September 13, 2012 at 3:07 PM

MTF on September 12, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Way too many idiots here, mostly illegals and transplants from CA/OR/WA who have no notion of whats right/wrong and only communist ideals to drive them.

I see a number of Romney stickers on cars, but the mere number of trips both morons (Hussein and wife) made here just in the past few months tells me the place is going to hell faster than I thought. I just hope mormon community in the state is enough to make the difference come Nov.

riddick on September 13, 2012 at 3:21 PM

How much longer do you think it will take until critical mass has been reached between the West and the Islamic world? 5 ? 10 years? cause it’s getting harder and harder for the Dhimmies and apologists to pull that same wool over the general public’s eyes. people inherently are NOT stupid. sooner or later it becomes impossible for them to not believe their eyes and ears.

The Islamic world is exposing itself for what it truly is at an even faster rate than I personally anticipated and more and more clued out and uninformed people are noticing this and forming logical opinions based on that which any SANE and rational conscientious person could not deny.

The question is , when ALL the cards are finally on the table and there is no more denying that Islam is at war with Western civilization , NOT the other way around , how do we deal with it and will it be too late?

That’s what scares me.

I don’t think the world truly can be dragged back into another dark age, but Islam will certainly give it a good go.

in the technological era we live in the media, and the technology that the Islamists use to their benefit for propaganda and violence will ultimately be the very same that singles them out as the enemy of ALL free thinking people.

We are witnessing the death throes of Ideologies and cultures stuck in the Middle Ages and are being left further and further behind the rest of the world.

Whatever fate the Islamic world has in regards to the rest of humanity , it is 100% on them.

Western civilization ,though not perfect is the ONLY forward way for mankind. all other ideologies and Religious beliefs that oppose it or are in direct conflict with our values should be removed.

we need REAL leadership that is willing to spell out , in a reasonable timeline just where we are headed and that it is unavoidable at this point.

Like the proverbial asteroid heading for earth. once the denial and disbelief has settled we are left with the question. what do we do?

Scalpeloftruth on September 13, 2012 at 3:21 PM

harvey1 on September 13, 2012 at 11:11 AM

He’s arming enemies of Israel while either delaying supply of munitions to Israel or declining to supply some high tech weapons asked for. He’s not arming muslims to fight USA, not that having high tech/up to date weapons will help the idiots in any way, more for Israel to capture when time comes. Muslims are cowards at heart, proven by history time and again when their superior numbers were not enough to overcome smaller armies. Look at Charles Martel and Yan Sobieski, the only 2 reasons that kept the rest of Europe from muslim control, although judging by the capitulation of Europe in the past 30 years or so only Eastern Europe has the will to stand up to the human garbage.

riddick on September 13, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Not an Ally? Got news for you folks. We sell them near top of the line missile systems.
TOW – The BEST anti-tank missile system on the Planet.
Stinger – The BEST MANPADS system in any inventory
Then there are the Abrams M1-A1 MBT (Main Battle Tanks) … with all the bells and whistles.
F-15′s the list goes on and on and on.
Cobra attack helicopters; frigates, etc, etc.
Soon we’ll source funding for a fleet of new Air Independant Diesel Submarines build by Germany for our NOT AN ALLY, Egypt.

Thanks King Putt way to think on your feet.
A complete and utter fraud I tell ya.

Missilengr on September 13, 2012 at 3:37 PM

It makes perfect sense to me. If Egypt was an ally Obama would be showering it with the contempt he’s splashed all over Britain, Poland, Israel, etc. Instead he’s been fawning over it, just like he has done with Iran, Venezuela, Cuba, etc.

kd6rxl on September 13, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Update: I don’t consider Egypt an ally, says Obama

Finally! Finally I have found common cause with our pansy, nitwit President.

Jaibones on September 13, 2012 at 5:52 PM

tell them they’re a c**t hair away from ass-kicking.

MadisonConservative on September 12, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Dream world, MC. Never.Gonna.Happen.

Unless, of course, that ugly Rasputin skank Valerie Jarrett says he should…

Jaibones on September 13, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Byzantium is my favorite study in history.

They WERE the Roman Empire.

Wildcat72

But after Justinian I, ironically, they said it in Greek.

I suppose it’s easier to call it “Byzantine,” based on the older name, rather than “Constantinopolitan.”

Olo_Burrows on September 15, 2012 at 6:33 PM