posted at 4:01 pm on September 11, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

In addendum to my earlier trillion-dollar-deficit and possible-Moody’s-credit-downgrade post, here’s what our Congressional leaders had to say on the subject, via The Hill. Speaker of the House John Boehner, in response to a question about Moody’s announcement, says that President Obama and the Senate Democrats have gone AWOL on producing a viable debt deal:

“I’m not confident at all. Listen, the House has done its job, on both the sequester and the looming tax hikes that will cost our economy some 700,000 jobs. The Senate at some point has to act. And on both of these, where’s the president? Where’s the leadership? Absent without leave.”

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, on the other hand, seems to disagree (it’s shocking, I know):

Reid told reporters that it is far too early to give up on the prospect of a bipartisan deal on taxes and spending during the lame-duck session after Election Day.

He said Republicans need to look at the glass “half full” instead of “half empty,” noting that Democrats are willing to extend the Bush-era tax rates for 98 percent of American families.

“I was disappointed when my friend John Boehner said today that he has no confidence on a budget deal. I think we have to look at the glass being half full and not half empty all the time. I’m confident that we will reach some kind of arrangement,” Reid said.

“It’s much, much too early to give up,” Reid added. “I’m not going to give up.”

At the risk of shocking you all again, I’m with Speaker Boehner on this one. For what feels like the zillionth time, hiking taxes on families making more than 250k a year is not a solution to our debt problem. It’s a populist balm that makes people feel better by channeling their resentment toward the wealthy and making them participate in “shared sacrifice” or whatever, but it’s a balm that will come at the price of jobs, stability, and economic growth. President Obama has been steadily touring the country, focusing his campaign around this one faux-point, and trying to convince Americans that he can’t get anything done now because of those darn obstructionist Republicans but that his hitherto unknown leadership skills will magically materialize on a second term. …Why do I still feel so skeptical?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I don’t mean to be unkind here but…Why don’t these deadbeats stay in D.C. and do the job they were elected to do??? Where do they get the unmitigated gall to spend half of (or in Obama’s case, all of) their terms in office campaigning. I think it should be a crime for an incumbent to campaign for office…they should have to run on their record.

I’ve worked all of my life and am still working. But I’ve never had a job that paid me to look for a job. The Military needs to lock them down in a FEMA camp with standard Army rations and accommodations until they solve the problem THEY created.

The time is fast approaching for them to all be arrested and tried for treason.

xmanvietnam on September 11, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Boomer_Sooner on September 11, 2012 at 5:00 PM
But you do. You’ve been given the gift of divining the way forward. Lead, oh sage. Wherever you go we shall follow.
Double Face-palm.
oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I don’t ask you to follow a d*mn thing. It’s called a comments section. You know, where people post comments. Instead of being petty and making a jab at me personally, why don’t you try responding to what I said instead if you’d like to have a conversation.

Rather than just avoid it all and claim a double face palm because someone didn’t just say, “Yeah! Boehner! Go republicans! I just know if we fight for them, destroy the “other guy”, and give them all the power back again that they’ll make everything run just right!”

Boomer_Sooner on September 11, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Harry Reid: “John? That drunk will fold like a cheap suit when I say its time.”

arnold ziffel on September 11, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Boomer_Sooner on September 11, 2012 at 5:28 PM

But the only thing you are pointing out is that the party sucks and we might as well leave the Dems in power.

Read your posts. What would this country look like if Jimmy Carter had won? This is what you propose. That the Dems win so we can take down and remake the R. party. Let me suggest that we don’t have the luxury of time. It’s too late. Either support Romney and pressure the hell out of the party after the election, or go full on Gary Johnson.

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 5:40 PM

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Romney ain’t Reagan, not even remotely. Hell he even said he disliked the Reagan years. You could have picked Newt, the man that got welfare reform through congress while Americans were in total support of it, because he took the hard message to the people that they needed to hear.

Romney ain’t Newt even. He is more like Obama than anyone else. Your choice, your pick, your vote, have at it!

astonerii on September 11, 2012 at 5:46 PM

“… the House has done its job, on both the sequester and the looming tax hikes that will cost our economy some 700,000 jobs. The Senate at some point has to act. And on both of these, where’s the president? Where’s the leadership? Absent without leave.”

Hell, Harry can’t even be bothered to pass an annual budget.

GarandFan on September 11, 2012 at 5:46 PM

I honestly don’t think that 2/3 of you guys have any idea at all what the average American people want.

Boomer_Sooner on September 11, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Not an attack on 2/3′s of “us guys” there, huh? We don’t have a clue, but not to worry, it’s just the same “conversation” that Libfree or Verbalucy would have with 2/3rds of us?

Double Face-palm. If you want Obama to win, come out and say it. It’s too late to do anything else. The day after the election, get on the phone to your reps and senators and take their whole damn day every day until they “get it”. But if Obama wins, it doesn’t matter, there is no chance to reel even part of this mess back.

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 5:46 PM

astonerii on September 11, 2012 at 5:46 PM

So don’t vote for Romney if that is your choice. But be man enough to be upfront about your support for Obama or Johnson or Ron Paul.

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 5:49 PM

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 5:49 PM

I am man enough. I have chosen to remain home this election. Let all you losers deal with your own choices. Mine was made in the primaries.

astonerii on September 11, 2012 at 5:53 PM

What do you propose Sooner and Astonerii? You hate Romney, you hate the Republican party.

So how does that not equal an Obama win? This is September 2012, not 2011. too late. Yeah, Boehner sucks, He’s got no clue, he should be run out of town on a rail. But only after the entire Dem party.

What is it that either of you propose. Step up. Make it clear.

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Guess they can’t agree on how they’re going to saddle us with even more debt and convince the masses that it’s in their best interest.

Sure they’ll think of something…they always do.

Dr. ZhivBlago on September 11, 2012 at 5:54 PM

astonerii on September 11, 2012 at 5:53 PM

So there it is. Man enough to take your vote and go home. Can’t even get the gumption up to write in Ron Paul?

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Much as it pains me to do so, to borrow a phrase from Dear Leader, the Republicans are going to face major headwinds on this. The media, already so far in the tank for Obama that they need deep dive equipment to keep breathing, will continue to push his “obstructionist Republicans/evil rich” meme. The great unwashed masses of the uninformed, minimally informed, government-supported, special interest voters will lap it up accordingly.

natasha333 on September 11, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Ah. Astonerii. Went to your blog. Got it now. Part of the Stoner vote? And you won’t even be voting for Googly Eyed Gary Johnson? Won’t spark one up and write Ron Paul in?

I am so disappoint…

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 6:00 PM

astonerii on September 11, 2012 at 5:53 PM

You are so ridiculous with your zombie Newt shtick.

FlaMurph on September 11, 2012 at 6:03 PM

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 5:55 PM

I am not a libertarian. I am more constitutionalist conservative. Ryan’s Road map woke me up to the Republican party no longer being much good. Who proposes 40 straight years of deficit spending and then claims it is conservative? Who? Romney, he likes mandates, I do not. He likes the safety net, also known as the welfare state, I do not. Who accepts the socialist state and proposes keeping it around for future generations and claims to be conservative?

What the hell does your party offer me? Name one thing? It cannot even offer me conservative judges, ROBERTS!

astonerii on September 11, 2012 at 6:04 PM

I am so disappoint…

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 6:00 PM

u r a gud reder.

This totally fits into your description. I guess the liar part of the OWS and SEIU runs strong in you.

Lets keep the take back of our nation moving. Leave a comment

Posted by A Stoner on Sunday, March 14, 2010 7:38:12 PM
We have witnessed the veil of righteousness from the progressive entitlement programs get ripped off over the last 16 months (October 2008 to present) and the voters have seen the death faces behind that veil. 2011-2016 may be the best time in the last 22 years to pick up where Reagan left off, due to having to work against Democrat majorities in the houses during his time.

We have some few leaders who are ready to pick up that yoke and pull America out of the entitlement swamp and back onto that Shining Hill. Paul Ryan proposes to bring the spending down to a limited level, wean the public off both social security, medicare and medicaid.

We may have a chance to place some fiscally sound Amendments into the Constitution that clarify the limit on the size of government. I feel it needs to be significantly less than what Paul Ryan calls for.

It is time that conservatives teach the public how the entitlements prevent the wealth base of the nation from expanding which leaves many people struggling, where as, if the wealth base was allowed to expand faster, everyone would be better off.

It is time that conservatives teach the public that charity is not the theft at gunpoint through taxation of property to be handed out by politicians in order for them to buy votes from hyphenated voting blocks Poor-Americans, Uninsured-Americans, African-Americans, Mexican-Americans. That when people keep more of their money, that they can support far more and better forms of charity on their own.

It is time that conservatives teach the public the difference between a right, a need, and a wish. Rights are things that you can exercise without the need of others to serve you, needs are things that allow you to live, wishes are things that make your life happier than simply living. When needs and wishes are perverted into rights, then they turn other people into slaves to meet those needs.

We need more Television channels like Fox news, In fact, someone should plan to take over one of the big 3 stations and run it like fox does. We need to keep the Tea Party going into the future so that it can keep the politicians honest and prevent the perversion of our constitution towards a death pact with socialism and tyranny as the road and vehicle of motion.

astonerii on September 11, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Lets say that Romney wins the election, I dont think it will happen but lets say it does. Okay. He has eight years at the most, and then its back to the Democrats (If history is any indication) so with that being said if you really care about our COUNTRY as a whole shouldnt we all be more concerned with making these guys working together to get things done rather then whos in charge?

Politicians know its going to just go back and fourth so honestly it doesnt matter what they do. If the republicans mess things up, its okay, theyll get another chance in 4-8 years. If the Democrats mess things up, hey, we will forget in 4-8 years, its like a never ending cycle.

I bet they all sit in the backs of Resturants in Washington D.C. and laugh at us. I once heard it said that Martin Luther King was merely a irritant when he was leading Blacks to fight for civil rights but once he started trying to get the poor to gather together thats when he became a threat. Our politicians treat us the same way, as long as you keep democrats and republicans at each others throats, those in power can continue driving the country in the way that they see fit and the rest of us dummies will be arguing over pizza parlors and chik fil a’s

Politricks on September 11, 2012 at 6:13 PM

astonerii on September 11, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Yet you offer what? Obama is your choice? By staying home your real choice is Obama. You think we are in a “greater of two evils will teach that Republican party a lesson? situation? We’re not. We can choose Romney and we can be in a bad situation for a decade while the mess gets straightened out. Or we can choose Obama, and you and I will never live to see the day that we recognize our beloved country.

Why would you choose the latter?

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Politricks

Now is the time to join your local Tea Party, and start making your list. You can list, rules for electing the House Speaker; rules concerning bills before congress…I want Single issue bills. Then there are rules, like Congress getting to vote on new regs before administrations can enforce them. Then there are rules they can change regarding laws being enforced as they are; Identify essential services and get closer to that definition in the federal govt.

You need to list your ideas and start working on them with your local tea party and the guys you send to Congress/the senate.

If is it simpler and more constitutional, we all win.

Fleuries on September 11, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Astonerii – Who posts as “Stoner” on your site? Hmmm?

Seems the whole site is posted by “A Stoner”……

I am disappoint….

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Astonerii? What does your party offer me?

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Come on Boehner, this is silly talk, don’t underestimate yourself, you’ve proved time and again that you’re able to surrender, collapse and fold to the Democrats under the slightest breeze.

RJL on September 11, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Why would you choose the latter?

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I will listen to your argument on this. Explain to me how Romney gets us there. 10 years from now, an America that is not in deficit spending. An America where the welfare state is shrinking and not growing. An America where we are not talking about passing on 40 consecutive years of deficit spending onto the next generation.

I asked you to give me something. A dream will not do. I want to know how this happens under Romney. I just do not see it as possible, but I like to learn.

astonerii on September 11, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Astonerii? You identify yourself as a Stoner and not as part of “my party”.

So what is it you are offering as an alternative? Gonna take the politcal world by storm in the next 7 weeks with an alternative to “my party” and Romney?

I am disappoint…

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Astonerii? What does your party offer me?

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 6:21 PM

I don’t have one. it left me behind in a mad rush to be on the 1 yard line of the old Democrat party.

astonerii on September 11, 2012 at 6:27 PM

astonerii on September 11, 2012 at 6:26 PM

I ask you to give me something in seven weeks that will defeat Obama. Get on your phone after the election to the Republican party and your Reps and Senators and bug the crap out of them. Think they will listen if Obama wins? Think they will be scared as crap if Romney wins, the Euro has collapsed, gas is at $5, beef is at $9, corn is at $6?

Think they will care either way if Obama wins? Not one damned bit. Not until the zombies break down the gates of Washington will they care.

The point is if you are staying home, you are conceding not just defeat, but the end of things as we know it. Romney wins, there is a chance. And scumbags like Boehner are the next step only if Romney wins. Obama wins, fatcat two-faced slime like Boehner stick around and suck the life out of the country with Obama and talk about doing things later.

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 6:34 PM

GAH!

There’s only ONE DIFFERENCE between Romney and Obama that MATTERS right now. Ok, two, but here’s the main one:

Tea party conservatives like Ted Cruz and Mia Love are very likely headed to Congress to support the conservative turn around of this country. The difference is Obama will veto and pontificate against all their efforts, but Romney will sign the bills!

Romney may not be Reagan, or Palin, or any other conservative candidate you can name but he will go along with what will hopefully be a very conservative legislative branch!

Obama will veto anything that comes out, stomp his feet, etc.

The second difference that matters is that Obama will keep doing the executive orders and appointments to courts and agencies that bypass and obfuscate the constitution.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see Boehner reelected but demoted too, but Romney gives the conservatives in Congress a chance to turn this thing around. All Obama gives us is a dictatorship, with no reason to believe he’ll give up power in 2016

PastorJon on September 11, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Bush, House, Senate, 6 years.

astonerii on September 11, 2012 at 4:18 PM

My one post to a concern troll tonight. Let’s see, the deficit under those guys was what, half or less than half of the deficit under the current democrat control?

So, even though the fact is that these idiots were spending out of control, they were half as bad as what we have now. I certainly didn’t support that spending when they were doing it and was strongly opposed to that silly prescription drug entitlement when it passed. However, by quantitative measures, dem-lite was 1/2 as damaging as full retard dem. … and there was the ability to primary the big spenders. Instead, in 2006, because of numbskulls like you, we got Reid and Pelosi, then in 2008 Obama to push the pedal to the medal and accelerate the damage.

Yeah, that’s smart, real smart.

AZfederalist on September 11, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Boehner: “Not confident at all” that we can strike a deal before the fiscal cliff……say…what’s it take to get a good Cabernet around here anyway….?

BobMbx on September 11, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Bush, House, Senate, 6 years.

astonerii on September 11, 2012 at 4:18 PM

“I’ll cut the deficit in half”

BobMbx on September 11, 2012 at 6:40 PM

astonerii on September 11, 2012 at 6:26 PM

I don’t dream of anyone. I dream that these scumbags are afraid enough of the electorate to do what they were elected for and use plain common sense besides.

Yes, afraid is the state I would like most politicians to be in. Not of guns, but of votes. I would like the Tea-Party to have enough influence, and the Republican party to be enough ahead that we can can the Boenhers of the world long before they gain any Seniority.

Several of the Tea Party freshman should have been shown the door in the primary. But it’s too late now.

But your option means game over before there is even a chance.

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 6:41 PM

gave you a chance to explain oldroy and instead you chose to attack me. Winning friends and influencing people. Great job.

astonerii on September 11, 2012 at 6:46 PM

AZfederalist on September 11, 2012 at 6:37 PM

I was there in 2006 voting party line.

astonerii on September 11, 2012 at 6:47 PM

“I’ll cut the deficit in half”

BobMbx on September 11, 2012 at 6:40 PM

To listen to some of these people they act like Obama did.

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 6:48 PM

The democrats and Obama have done NOTHING that the republicans hadn’t done before them, and the democrats before them, and the republicans before them, and on an on.

It’s delusion and disingenuous to pretend otherwise when the truth is very easy to find when you turn off talking heads.

Boomer_Sooner on September 11, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Ignore oldroy he seldom has a wining argument so he just attacks as his Saul Alinsky master taught him. Some would considering his behavior trolling. He redeems himself by occasionally coming up with something coherent.

Remember when he attacks you that means you won the argument.

Steveangell on September 11, 2012 at 6:49 PM

astonerii on September 11, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Romney would sign the Ryan budget, and one even more thorough. Obama would demagogue it and veto it, knowing 2/3 wouldn’t override.

Romney would sign a repeal of Obamacare and actually work with both sides to do REAL reform of health care law. Obama wouldn’t sign the repeal and would keep HHS pumping out the crushing regulations it’s contributing to the current recession.

Romney would not appoint another radical leftist to the supreme court. While he might give us another Roberts, even that would be better than another Ginsburg.

Romney will not issue executive orders to get what he wants just because Congress says “no way.” Obama is only going to be more bold about that when he’s “more flexible.”

This election isn’t just about Romney’s specific plans, it’s about the total picture. What point is there in getting to 50 or 51 GOP in the Senate and growing our House majority if Oblamer is still in office because people sit on their hands for lack of a detailed, CBO scored, think tank approved step by step plan?

Romney’s would not be a second Bush presidency, the House and Senate GOP are already way more conservative than 2000-06.

Romney has always successfully done what he said he would do. He didn’t pick Ryan to castrate the fiscal conservatives, he did it because he wants to do whatever it takes to get those 12 million jobs created, and Ryan has the brain, the best plan so far, and the right partnership to get it done.

PastorJon on September 11, 2012 at 6:50 PM

PastorJon on September 11, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Its nice, concise, adds to the debate. I like it. Some of those are compelling.

astonerii on September 11, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Boomer_Sooner on September 11, 2012 at 5:22 PM

A bit of history. They GOP has always been a bit divided between Conservatives that want limited government and the Establishment that wants big government but wish to implement socialism slower than the Democrats. This division has existed since America was founded and the GOP was the Whig party. about 8 years before Lincoln was elected the first Republican the Whigs stopped listening to the majority of the party and did not allow the States to select their own delegates. The most recent GOP convention did the same thing. That was the end of the Whig Party. Hopefully we will be able to get rid of Priebus and that rule but if not the GOP will not last more than a few years whether Romney wins or not. But the new Party will be stronger without Romney.

So you were basically right. Establishment Republicans do the same things that Democrats were doing just a few years ago. It has more to do with who is in charge than the programs and spending. Mitt will absolutely not lower spending in any meaningful way.

Steveangell on September 11, 2012 at 6:56 PM

astonerii on September 11, 2012 at 6:47 PM

What exactly don’t you get? You stay home, your supporting Obama, it’s that simple. No chance game over.

Asking questions are an attack? Explaining is not explaining?

If I don’t fall all over you, it’s an attack? You think I have a dream, so I have to explain your thinking about my dream? Get over yourself.

How does staying home do anything but support Obama?

Again: How does staying home do anything but support Obama?

Lets connect the dots: If Obama wins, how does that advance the conservative cause. How would it leave us in a position to advance anything?

If Romney wins, can you honestly say that conservatives will be in a less favorable position than if Obama wins? I know your answer will be no, but really?

Now don’t get your feelings hurt because a legitimate question has been asked. You’ve chosen to take my explanations and ignore them. Figures. Man up. Answer the questions.

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Mitt will absolutely not lower spending in any meaningful way.

Steveangell on September 11, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Just a reminder that Congress is the spender of money in our form of government.

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 6:58 PM

PastorJon on September 11, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Its nice, concise, adds to the debate. I like it. Some of those are compelling.

astonerii on September 11, 2012 at 6:55 PM

So Pastor said the magic words.

How does staying home help our cause?

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 7:00 PM

PastorJon on September 11, 2012 at 6:50 PM

The problem with believing Romney is he changes positions every few days.

He has already said he will not actually repeal Obama Care unless he can replace it with his version (Romney Care). He is cagey but that is what his statements boil down to.

The Ryan Budget was written as something Obama might sign thus is very liberal more Democrat than Republican. It is not conservative and would only increase spending for the short term eventually balancing in 2040. That in DC talk means never.

Romney thinks Obama is doing a great job. Just ask his spokesman.

Steveangell on September 11, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Steveangell on September 11, 2012 at 7:04 PM

You’ve become truly boring. Romney sucks. Ryan sucks. Over and over. Nothing to offer, only blame. Bush sucks, Republicans suck, Romney sucks, Ryan sucks. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Man up like Astonerii. Who are you going to vote for on election day? He is staying home to advance the cause.

I know, you will lecture me about site policies and say it’s a personal attack just to ask a direct question you can’t handle.

Man up. Who are you voting for?

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 7:10 PM

OT Monday Ratings: MSNBC Beats All Fox Shows In Demo From 9P-12A

I guess fox getting more liberal is not helping it’s ratings.

Steveangell on September 11, 2012 at 7:19 PM

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Thank you.

I know when you attack that means you have no argument.

Steveangell on September 11, 2012 at 7:20 PM

So Pastor said the magic words.

How does staying home help our cause?

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 7:00 PM

It is compelling.

I’m a new dad. 15 months old now. Your cause and my cause are at odds I am guessing. My cause is, a trillion dollar debt today in 40 years for my daughter will be at least $2500 per year interest only burden on her. We have 16 of those trillion now. Leaving her a burden of $40,000 in interest only tax liabilities per year. That’s pretty bad, really $40,000 a year she owes for what benefit, every single year.

Used to be the party pushed for a balanced budget amendment. Fiscal responsibility. An end to the welfare state.

Now it is the preserver of the welfare state. Proposes budgets that see deficits for two or more generations running.

Used to be able to support the old party. Not so much the new one. Particularly when the people who are in it prefer to attack me because I am unwilling to change to their liking. Progressives invade institutions and take them over from the inside. Like Education, Unions, and now the Republican Party.

astonerii on September 11, 2012 at 7:26 PM

astonerii on September 11, 2012 at 7:26 PM

And Obama will leave things better off for you beautiful little girl? That is the point. Not that changes don’t need to be made, but you are throwing your little baby out with the Republican bath water.

The Republicans and Romney will leave us with a shot to change things. Obama will leave us with no chance to give your girl a better future.

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Thank you.

I know when you attack that means you have no argument.

Steveangell on September 11, 2012 at 7:20 PM

You are welcome. When you don’t answer, I know that you don’t support Obama’s opponents. It begs the question again, why are you here? You offer nothing. You do not support Romney or the Republicans. Why are you here? It’s Sept. 2012, not Sept. 2011.

You propose only that Romney fail and Obama wins. You will answer nothing and call it an attack to be asked who you will vote for.

Who will you vote for? What is your goal in running down Romney?

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 7:36 PM

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Will not vote for any Democrat Mitt Romney or Barry Soterro.

Mitt Romney denied he was a Republican numerous times when he ran in 2002 for the only office he ever won. Fine he is NOT a Republican. I will not vote for him. He made that very easy.

Steveangell on September 11, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Steveangell on September 11, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Great, so Barry will advance your cause and concerns for you. That is what you are choosing.

Do you honestly believe the country will be better off under 4 more years of Obama than 4 years of Romney?

A Ginsburg is better than a Roberts, to borrow the Pastor’s words?

5.5 trillion in 3.5 years is better?

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 7:48 PM

astonerii on September 11, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Steveangell on September 11, 2012

…so why are these azzholes here?… The primaries are over numb skulls…time to clean the basement!

KOOLAID2 on September 11, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Once again, Obama is an Empty Chair.

@InvisibleObama

ITguy on September 11, 2012 at 7:54 PM

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 7:48 PM

As I said it was an attack.

Tiss all you know how to do.

You know Mitt is not in the least defensible because he is almost exactly the same politically as Obama.

So you just troll around looking for targets to isolate and attack.

Steveangell on September 11, 2012 at 7:58 PM

That’s the best idea I’ve heard in a long time. The clowns need to get something done.

bayam on September 11, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Steveangell on September 11, 2012 at 7:42 PM

We know. You tell us every day.
You never miss an opportunity to tell us how much you hate Romney.

Buttercup on September 11, 2012 at 8:09 PM

So you just troll around looking for targets to isolate and attack.

Steveangell on September 11, 2012 at 7:58 PM

And once again you won’t answer why a Ginsburg is better than a Roberts and 5.5 Trillion in 3.5 is better than eight years of Bush.

None of your math adds up. You won’t be voting for Romney. Nobody that had a chance was that much better.

You won’t be voting for Obama, but your vote for Johnson does the same as a direct vote for Obama.

Not voting for Johnson? Getting into the fray of politics by not voting?

And your constant bashing of Romney does only good for the Obama cause.

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 8:09 PM

So you just troll around looking for targets to isolate and attack.

Steveangell on September 11, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Come on sweety… you have the same thing done to you as you do to others and it’s an “attack”. You do everything you can to find an opportunity to bash Romney and the Republicans and I find every opportunity I can to point out that bashing the Republican Candidate at this point just serves Obama’s cause.

Even though it is the exact same thing, to you what I do is an attack. But what you do? Just a comment in your eyes. Reap what you sow.

oldroy on September 11, 2012 at 8:22 PM

During the primaries, he pledged not to raise it unless Congress passes a constitutional amendment to limit federal spending to 18 percent of the economy.

I missed this!!! Someone got a link to it in video form?

astonerii on September 11, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Anyone got a video of this and his current position??

astonerii on September 11, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Stop with the drama already Boehner, Go ahead and cave now.

bgibbs1000 on September 11, 2012 at 9:58 PM

This whole mess is entirely Boehner’s and Cantor’s fault.

They had Obama by the short hairs and caved to a deal which raised the debt ceiling by trillions of dollars (which Obama and the Democrats promptly spent) in exchange for a Super-Duper, Heavy-Duty, Grand-Pubah, Debt Reduction Committee. Then agreed that the committee would be stacked evenly with partisan ideologues from both sides thereby guaranteeing that absolutely nothing would get done (and nothing did get done).

And Boehner agreed that if the Committee ended up not getting anything done, then deductions to Defense spending would automatically kick in meaning that tens of thousands of employees of defense contractors would be laid off (and we’re starting to see that now).

Boehner and Cantor are weak morons who clearly represent what is wrong with the “get along” RINOs in Congress. Both need to be replaced in the House Leadership and then given some crap assignment like managing the people who clean the bathrooms or something like that where they can be publicly ridiculed for being complete idiots who allowed themselves to be suckered by an empty suit from Chicago.

I can’t even look at Boehner and Cantor without cringing.

Mahdi on September 12, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Fiscal cliff? Did someone say, “Fiscal Cliff”? What a coincidence! Someone Else said much the same thing recently, with some ominous details. This is just the latest we have heard from the Lord concerning America’s future.

“SHE WILL SELL HERSELF”
Monday, 13 August 2012: Julie went aside well after our evening Word session, knowing she would be getting a Word. This is the Holy Ghost’s interpretation to her tongues.

“I am planning an immense fall for America, says the Lord, a fall that will desolate and amaze her people. I am sending America sliding over the cliff into financial ruin. America’s fall has only begun, and there are many more chapters to be written before the tale is told. I am bringing financial ruin to this nation. And when I am through, her wealth will be scattered and gone, and she will sell herself for a piece of bread.

“Walk softly before Me in these days, says the Lord. For I am forming My people into My image even as I bring down America around you, says the Lord Who has mercy on you. Amen and amen.”

So the coming election will solve nothing. God has taken America out of man’s hands and put us in His own, and He is going to do as He pleases with this nation. He planted this vine, and He is uprooting this vine, because it is bringing forth wild grapes (see Isaiah 5:1-6 and Psalm 80:8-16 for a thumbnail of American history, start to fiery finish).

Hope you have ears to hear. If you have read The Harbinger, you know the next Shemitah is due shortly, and it will be the end of America. Three strikes and you’re out. Selah!

Gordy on September 12, 2012 at 11:05 AM