People boycotting pizza owner’s restaurant for hugging Obama?

posted at 8:48 pm on September 10, 2012 by Allahpundit

Could be that I’m in denial because it’s too depressing to believe that a guy’s business might actually be boycotted because he clowned around with the president, but unless I’m missing something there’s no organized boycott happening. When Van Duzer says “boycott,” I think he’s referring to individual people grumbling on Yelp that they won’t eat at his place anymore. And if you follow that last link, you’ll find that as of tonight there are way, way, way more people rallying to his side — partly as a reaction to the churlishness of the “boycotters” — than there are people who are peeved at him. Makes me wonder if him talking up a boycott is actually a smart, savvy businessman’s play, knowing that while he might lose a handful of diehard anti-Obama customers, he’ll gain a bunch of publicity among liberals who’ll want to show solidarity by eating there. At least, that’s what I’m hoping. Surely, if the liberal heathens of NYC can make common cause with Tim Tebow, local Republicans can still eat at Van Duzer’s place if they like his stuff. C’mon.

Oh, and by the way, Politico’s surely right that these beer and pizza photo ops for The One are no coincidence:

And, by way of contrast, he’d also like to remind the electorate about who doesn’t seem to enjoy bars, or sports, or sports bars. Hint: It’s the other candidate running for president, the guy who happens to be a teetotaler and who refers to “sport” as though he were doing an impression of Mr. Burns or an English Olympics official…

Some of this is geared toward appealing to male voters, whom Obama struggles with compared to women, and convincing everyday Americans that their arugula-eating president is no snob. But it’s hard to believe the president would be determined to demonstrate his passion for beer and football if he were running against, say, Tim Pawlenty, who was known to throw down his gloves on the ice from time to time growing up in Minnesota…

Prince, who has written on the potential pitfalls when it comes to candidates and food, put it this way: “Bill Clinton used to go to McDonalds. Sure he liked McDonalds, but he was also driving a contrast with Bush 41.”

Exit question: Did the Secret Service clear the hug heard ’round the world or not? Yesterday Van Duzer told the NYT that he got permission first. Today, in his interview with CNN below, he says that it was completely spur of the moment. Did the Times misunderstand him?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

gophergirl:Can you elaborate:)

canopfor on September 10, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Oh just a poster posting the same stuff night after night after night.

It gets old.

gophergirl on September 10, 2012 at 10:05 PM

gophergirl – Are you Okay?

Slade73 on September 10, 2012 at 10:04 PM

I’m fine :)

gophergirl on September 10, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Not buying this guy’s pizza is destroying his business?

O_o

Bishop on September 10, 2012 at 10:03 PM

If enough people walk by instead of stopping inside he’ll feel it.

I’d say most of the business owners where I live are Democrats and unless they actively USE their business to pimp Barack, I don’t have a problem with them.

Wendya on September 10, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Michelle doesn’t eat pizza unless it’s tamale pizza

Slade73 on September 10, 2012 at 9:53 PM

The WH kitchen staff invented Lobster and Butter Pizza just for Moochie.

slickwillie2001 on September 10, 2012 at 10:06 PM

I think we should have a bipartisan agreement that pizza is OK.

Did that apply to El Coyote Cafe?

Resist We Much on September 10, 2012 at 10:06 PM

The media coordination on these goofs…

Leni Riefenstahl is sitting in Hell right now ..very proud of this bunch.

a5minmajor on September 10, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Me too. … and I’m sorry, I did answer one of urban defeatist’s posts. I’m going to stop doing that. I’m going to ignore all of the ignorant ABR’s, defeatists and trolls. They have become repetitive, it just isn’t worth the effort and frankly, it isn’t helping anything.

AZfederalist on September 10, 2012 at 10:04 PM

You don’t have to be sorry.

I just am so tired of the same stuff over and over again. I miss all the posts from the posters I like because they get overwhelmed by the other ones.

gophergirl on September 10, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Any small business who shoots mouth about politics are asking to lose a lot of customers. However this clown probably accepts food stamps so his customers could care less as long as they get their pizza and birth control pills.

Wade on September 10, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Yeah I don’t think I’m ever going to visit Farrakhan’s restaurant either.

Bishop on September 10, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Gooey with the cheese running off the slice.

gophergirl on September 10, 2012 at 9:34 PM

It knows no ideology; it just tastes delightful.

Philly on September 10, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Politico and allahpundit’s opinions on this are right up their rectums with the rest of their ‘political analysis’. Their phony / false posturing and craptastic populism makes a mockery of everything. The lowest common denominator and a large part of why the political blogosphere sucks so very much. The ‘moderate/middle’ muckraking, the gossipmongering, the garbage peddlers peddling each others’ garbage.

rayra on September 10, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Wade on September 10, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Michael Jordan is apparently a big time Democrat and supporter. When asked why he wasn’t more vocal about his support, he replied, “Because Republicans buy shoes too”.

There’s some wisdom in that approach.

AZfederalist on September 10, 2012 at 10:11 PM

The WH kitchen staff invented Lobster and Butter Pizza just for Moochie.

slickwillie2001 on September 10, 2012 at 10:06 PM

have you seen Cheeseburger Pizza?

no, I actually mean cheeseburgers on top of a fricken pizza. That’s the Obama super bowl menu.

(amusing side note – Michelle is on the North side of the ugly tree)

Slade73 on September 10, 2012 at 10:11 PM

gophergirl on September 10, 2012 at 10:07 PM

romney messed up. he kicked sand in conservatives faces. thats in the past. perhaps its time to build a coalition amongst ourselves, the working stiffs who pay taxes, who have skin in the game.

this obama must be defeated. take heart. hope lives.

renalin on September 10, 2012 at 10:11 PM

AZfederalist on September 10, 2012 at 10:04 PM

You are so right..turning over a new leaf..I have a perm ignore button now on them. They want attention..won’t come fro me. But I had to..on the arugula and blue cheese by Ken’s..just had to. I will attend dont slap a lib meeting’s. Whatever it takes.

bazil9 on September 10, 2012 at 10:12 PM

This election is about two simple choices:

1. Obama and socialism/marxism/communism and the destruction of our country.

2. Romney and capitalism and the rebirth of our country.

It IS that simple!

This guy owns a small business, hugs and votes for Obama.
What a dumba$$.

Even tho they are selfish and stupid, one can almost understand
a government and union employee voting to keep their high salaries
and out of control pensions. Also, although it probably is racist,
one can understand the majority of blacks voting for one of their
own (well, he is not, of course, one of their own, but whatever,
they all believe he is).

However, a small business owner? Give me a break. He deserves
to have intelligent people who care about this country boycott his
establishment. What a moron.

Amjean on September 10, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Freudian slip? Or just a little stoned to type? ;)

I think we should have a bipartisan agreement that pizza is OK.

urban elitist on September 10, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Old laptop — some of the keys stick & I proofread for chit on-line.

I actually avoid pizza in general as I try to avoid processed flour.

But I’m not against pizza — I’m for people doing whatever they want with their own money for whatever reason they want. If a business owner wants to publicly take sides in politics, he’s going to have to take the consequences from his customers. I remember a while back I read a story about a woman who’s storefront was used — without her express permission — in a clip for an Obama ad. She asked the Obama campaign to remove her storefront from the ad because she didn’t want to be perceived as supporting any candidate and risk alienating ANY of her customers. Of course, the left reacted like the cry babies they are & accused her of being an “obvious Romney supporter” blah, blah, blah — but what she said made good business sense to me. Same thing applies to this guy, IMO — his actions created a risk of alienating some of his customer base. At the same time, some people might go out of their way to patronize his business. It’s the risk he took and I’m not crying for or happy for him either way.

Dark Star on September 10, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Surprise ! ! Surprise.

Could feel bad for the guy if it wasn’t funny.

“O” can ruin a business faster than a biden gaffe.

Texyank on September 10, 2012 at 10:13 PM

So a guy who owns a small business likes the president and you people want to kill his business? Swell

Rio Linda Refugee on September 10, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Killing a business via free market principles=bad, killing a business via government intrusion=good?

Tell me what I’m missing here.

ButterflyDragon on September 10, 2012 at 10:14 PM

this obama must be defeated. take heart. hope lives.

renalin on September 10, 2012 at 10:11 PM

I like when we are on the same side :)

gophergirl on September 10, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Not buying this guy’s pizza is destroying his business?

O_o

Bishop on September 10, 2012 at 10:03 PM

I got a couple of nibbles but not enough to set the hook. 8{

Rio Linda Refugee on September 10, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Rio Linda Refugee on September 10, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Tell me what I’m missing here.

ButterflyDragon on September 10, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Wait a second Bish

Rio Linda Refugee on September 10, 2012 at 10:15 PM

canopfor on September 10, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Oh just a poster posting the same stuff night after night after night.

It gets old.

gophergirl on September 10, 2012 at 10:05 PM

gophergirl:I hear ya,here is an upLifter of sorts!:)
=====================================================

NUMBER SIX(Progressives)
************************

Published on Sep 9, 2012 by BillWhittleChannel

To keep these messages coming, go to http://www.declarationentertainment.com

There are Seven Deadly Sins. So why is our tax code, and the rhetoric of the Democrats in the House, Senate and especially the White House becoming ever more shrill about the sixth of these Seven Deadly Sins? Bill Shows who pays their fair share and who doesn’t in this latest edition of FIREWALL.

canopfor on September 10, 2012 at 10:16 PM

renalin on September 10, 2012 at 10:11 PM

heh..changing your tune? I would hope so. I may even be nice to you. :)

bazil9 on September 10, 2012 at 10:17 PM

canopfor on September 10, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Oh just a poster posting the same stuff night after night after night.

It gets old.

gophergirl on September 10, 2012 at 10:05 PM

gophergirl:Or………….:)
============================

Obama and Democrats want to conquer America, not unite it
Published September 10, 2012
New York Post
***************

The system is rigged. America is unjust. Opportunity is dead. You didn’t build that.

Dammit, where’s mine?

Oh, and Republicans are the people who rigged the system. They’re trying to take away your rights to vote, to health care, to education, to housing. They hate women, gays and immigrants. They don’t pay their fair share and they’re un-American.

Barack Obama lights candles, Mitt Romney spreads darkness, and Usama bin Laden is dead.

There, I saved you the time of watching the Democratic convention. For three grating days, demands for more government spending were coupled with sweeping character assassinations of Romney. The GOP is not just wrong; it is immoral.

Folks, we’ve entered Dear Leader territory
******************************************
******************************************
(More…..)

canopfor on September 10, 2012 at 10:20 PM

The fact that this has become a thing now, you just know the left is going to overplay their hand here and it’s gonna backfire on ‘em, just like Sandra Fluke and Chick Fil’A did.

Right Mover on September 10, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Why don’t he ask for a bailout?

Conservative4ev on September 10, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Well, for one thing he’s not in NYC surrounded by your gay friends, AP. So the questions start with … what liberals? But I’m sure Obama’s butt-buddies don’t give a damn about pizza in Florida and they’ll just send him money for playing honey boo boo with Barry.

They guy seems like the rarest of birds — a liberal nitwit who actually does something constructive. He runs a pizza joint and promotes blood donation, one of my favorite do-gooderisms. Sounds solid.

Still, he’s obviously stupider than a box of rocks — yeah, I don’t believe anyone with a functioning brain could support this lying piece of garbage — so I probably would never go to his bar again.

But I’d donate blood.

Jaibones on September 10, 2012 at 10:22 PM

I would never advocate a full-on boycott because that’s in the Left’s toolbox. This guy’s entitled to his opinion. However, I work for a small business that has seen layoffs and drop in profits due to Obama’s policies. I don’t understand any small business owner loving this guy. So, no, I personally wouldn’t patronize this guy’s business. But, I wouldn’t tell other people to do the same either.

KateNE on September 10, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Eww… Cooties!

southernms on September 10, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I’m sure they’re going to assum that their misery can be alleviated by voting for a plutocrat whose only real platform planks are : cutting taxes for rich people, starting a new war in Iran and screwing with your retirement.

urban elitist on September 10, 2012 at 9:28 PM

No, it is cutting taxes for everyone including the Rich People who make over $ 200,00 a year because they are the Jobs Creators… War with Iran, of course, the moment Iran would be close to the nuclear bomb then we are going to unleash hell on them via an massive Air and Naval War…

mnjg on September 10, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Why would anyone try to cultivate business from progressives? They want free stuff, not stuff that they have to pay for themselves. And they’re lousy tippers!

Richard Blaine on September 10, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Dark Star on September 10, 2012 at 10:13 PM

If television shows like Storage Wars and others can blank out the brand names on boxes used for storage and even blank out kitsch artwork for their shows, it is not unreasonable for this woman to expect to have her business name removed from something for which she does not want to be associated.

AZfederalist on September 10, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Don’t persecute him for that.

MadisonConservative on September 10, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Deciding not to buy his pizza is not persecution. Persecution is what Obaaaama’s Nazi government trolls do to private citizens who support his opponents.

Surely you recognize the difference, MC.

Jaibones on September 10, 2012 at 10:29 PM

If I met Obama I wouldn’t bear hug him.

I’d ask him why he didn’t close Gitmo.

that seems pretty simple! Why how come David Gregory’s hair doesn’t ask him that incredibly absurd question? He asks other incredibly absurd questions…

Slade73 on September 10, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Atsa OK…Chill Out…

Del Dolemonte on September 10, 2012 at 10:31 PM

gophergirl on September 10, 2012 at 10:14 PM

bazil9 on September 10, 2012 at 10:17 PM

you guys also suffer under obama. thats enough to unite us.

renalin on September 10, 2012 at 10:33 PM

KateNE on September 10, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Who advocated a full boycott? My families small biz is about an hour from his. I personally would not buy his pies but that’s my money and I don’t care for his antics. I support small business- My business. No one called for or organized a “boycott”. I know his area,lots of seniors and such. But many NE snowbirds..who knows. Point being..this isn’t an organized boycott. And Govt was not involved-unlike Chickie fillet. While we are still free-we individually can do what we want. he visited the WH and was a prop. I have no sympathy. Sink or swim buddy.

bazil9 on September 10, 2012 at 10:35 PM

If the hug was cleared with USSS, then wow.
Look around theres no agent within 10 feet.

This guy could have snapped potus neck as easily as that whackjob protestor could have done the same to Condi Rice in a congressional hearing a few years ago where this crazy lady with red hands suggesting blood got right in Rice’s face way past the zone of safety.

This is inexplicable and disturbing to me. No Potus should have to get this. And note Obam’s WTF? reaction.

Sacramento on September 10, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Typical Lib and Obama supporter. He is a victim…waaaah! Boo-freaking-hoo!

As Bubba Clinton said,” this is the biggest fairytale I’ve ever seen!”

Obama set this up to show that middle-aged fat white guys love him. Now this guy is looking for sympathy to help his business. It’s a national commercial for him and Obama. Nothing more, nothing less.

Rockshine on September 10, 2012 at 10:39 PM

gophergirl on September 10, 2012 at 10:14 PM

bazil9 on September 10, 2012 at 10:17 PM

you guys also suffer under obama. thats enough to unite us.

renalin on September 10, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Yes..we suffer as do you..who is “us”- your not “us”?
We should unite but we have many who want complete destruction. You thought you knew me the other night..you don’t. I am a nista as well- but not an idiot. Your free to do as you please-nice thing eh? But so are we. We can come together or throw blows-up to you. If your a Obama voter for the cause..got no use for you.
Now get me a slice-meat lovers.

bazil9 on September 10, 2012 at 10:40 PM

bazil9 on September 10, 2012 at 10:40 PM

hey Bazil, how are you doing?

Slade73 on September 10, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Rio Linda Refugee on September 10, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Kill it? No.

Dine at it? No.

I’m not going to organise a boycott or anything. Even if I were a pizza eater, there are a lot of them from which to choose. ObamaLovers4Us is going to get struck off the list PDQ. I vote with the wallet. He’s just not my cup of tea.

Resist We Much on September 10, 2012 at 10:41 PM

that’s what I be talking about too Bazil9 – Meat Lovers – ie. Paul Ryan.

Slade73 on September 10, 2012 at 10:43 PM

POLL: Race Tightens As Obama Advantage Narrows To 2 Points…
Swing State Daily Tracking: Obama 46%, Romney 45%…
CNN: OBAMA +6
GALLUP FLASHBACK: MONDALE TOPS REAGAN!
Which presidential polls were most accurate in 2008?

Resist We Much on September 10, 2012 at 10:45 PM

The funniest part of this pathetic scam is union butt-boy babbling about Ryan v Skinny.

Obama couldn’t string Ryan’s bow.

Jaibones on September 10, 2012 at 10:47 PM

bazil9 on September 10, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Geez, take a breath. I didn’t say there was an organized boycott. My point was that I can decide on my own to not give him any of my money without saying everyone else should do the same. I think you and I are on the same page – you misunderstood my point.

KateNE on September 10, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Meh…I would go to Mr. Van Duzer’s restaurant… buy a slice and a Pepsi…and work on getting him to switch his vote.

It’s an ugly job, but somebody’s got to do it.

:-)

lynncgb on September 10, 2012 at 10:52 PM

It’s only cool to call for retaliation if the “bad guy” is rich, republican and preferably, white.

It’s really no secret that the country is severely divided – even though Obozo’s entire claim to fame was how he was going to heal the ozone, push back the seas, and provide us all with racial and political harmony.

I wonder why that isn’t working out? Much like 90% of all his promises.

KMC1 on September 10, 2012 at 10:58 PM

I don’t get Allah’s response that we should all get along and ignore the other side’s antics. This was a staged act and the owner knew it would bite him in the ass with some of his customers and did it anyway.
Allah would have us forgive and patronize his business as if all were just a friendly misunderstanding. Right, just like the Dim Dem’s in Charlotte did with saying they would like to kill Romney and that the Repubs are trying to take away their right to vote and have abortions everyday. That was such a hate filled convention that I have no respect for ANY Demorat and other than family will make no effort to accommodate their putrid view of life or actually death.

inspectorudy on September 10, 2012 at 11:05 PM

lynncgb on September 10, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Good luck with that. He’s an Obama shill. Been to the White House. Sometimes stupid is too deeply engrained to change.

AZfederalist on September 10, 2012 at 11:08 PM

bazil9 on September 10, 2012 at 10:35 PM

KateNE on September 10, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I am breathing..and got your point just added. Tough crowd here lately. NE? heh.

Slade..hello handsome. Sorry-was distracted for a bit. *waves*

bazil9 on September 10, 2012 at 11:14 PM

lynncgb on September 10, 2012 at 10:52 PM

You have guts or are loon-ay. :) Go for it. I will go with you and film.

bazil9 on September 10, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Hey, I’m boycotting the place where he had breakfast on Sunday, which heretofore had been a solid free wifi, good food type of place.

The funny/odd telling thing which I’m telling wherever I can: I went to another popular weekend breakfast place Sunday morning that could not figure out why they were swamped from opening past noon, and even had to open 20 minutes early due to a crowd outside. That spot and PBHO’s are about 8 miles apart across Florida State Road 520, but are the only restaurants in their class within 15 miles. Not until later in the afternoon when the place PBHO visited started posting pics on Facebook did I connect the two incidents. PBHO’s presence had pushed people away from one place and they had swamped another.

321mdl on September 10, 2012 at 11:19 PM

AZfederalist on September 10, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Yeah…this particular fellow is probably a lost cause…but in general I’m willing to engage with any Obama voter. I look for them all the time.

You have guts or are loon-ay. :) Go for it. I will go with you and film.

bazil9 on September 10, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Good idea…it might just warrant a Fox News Alert.

:-)

lynncgb on September 10, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Why would I buy food from someone who can’t recognize poison?

Obama is fugu liver for the economy.

profitsbeard on September 11, 2012 at 12:01 AM

It’s a matter of decorum, IMO. I recently met the first lady of another nation. I removed my sunglasses, shook hands, had a brief and polite chat, then went about my business. No photos, no bear hugs or anything. To each his own, I suppose, but what’s the point of making a scene?

Christien on September 11, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Glad to see that some people can see what is missing in this photo. 20 secret service agents on top of this guy. The photo was staged and pre-arranged. What hurts me is to think that the media tried to slip it off as real and some of the public excepted that as true. As a photo it is ok as NEWS it is a slap in the face of Freedom of The Press, Truth, Honesty and the American Way of Life.

jpcpt03 on September 11, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Hard Right on September 11, 2012 at 12:30 AM

That question actually needs to be asked?
Staged photo op, end of story.

Kenosha Kid on September 11, 2012 at 12:32 AM

95% of the Yelp comments are from people who do not live in Florida. They are obviously being sent their from some far-left blog like DailyKos.

OxyCon on September 11, 2012 at 1:21 AM

GOODPeople with good sense will not eat at the Obama Pizza place. Their decision and I agree with them.
By the way, how did the guy get the O K to “hug” Obama like that?
Can we say staged?
The guy is an Obama lover. Maybe he is a government owned and operated/funded dive?

Delsa on September 11, 2012 at 1:38 AM

By the way, how did the guy get the O K to “hug” Obama like that?
Can we say staged?
The guy is an Obama lover…

Delsa on September 11, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Couldn’t agree more. I would be embarrassed to enter his establishment.

BoxHead1 on September 11, 2012 at 2:04 AM

“Youse gotta order da pizza, to see what’s on it”

hutch1200 on September 11, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Obama and his fellow leftists are destroying the country I love. They have put 1000s of people out of work and destroyed the real estate market by demanding poor people get loans they can’t pay back. This restaurant owner decided to risk his business and pick a side. Since he decided to pick Obama and I have nothing but contempt for pizza boy. I would never eat one greasy piece of his pizza. I won’t do business with leftists because no matter who they are or what they do for a living they are either knowingly helping Obama destroy our nation or they are too ignorant to know better. If they are knowingly helping to destroy our country then they can’t be trusted, if they are so stupid that they don’t know this then, well, I can’t do business with idiots. I hope he loses every Republican customer he ever had and his sales fall by 50%. Suck it up Pizza boy, you have earned it.

Dollayo on September 11, 2012 at 3:23 AM

he can shove his pizza up his arse
the lefty libtards have taught me well
hope his small business tanks

losarkos on September 11, 2012 at 4:30 AM

For me personally, I really don’t care that the guy picked him up. My problem is that he was able to pick him up. It is not appropriate, it is not normal, and it is not presidential, it is not acceptable. His security detail has neglected him yet again.

The last four years has been un professional, non presidential, and a mockery really. I am at my last nerve with these fawning photos of the president…We don’t do that here, or at least we never have before.

shar61 on September 11, 2012 at 5:12 AM

I don’t support those who support Obama, period.

Stupid in public should hurt don’t you think? Make pariahs of them all till his name is equated with shame, like Carter.

gdonovan on September 11, 2012 at 5:48 AM

I’m starting to think this was staged. First.. look how they are surrounded with space and people ready with cameras and the pizza guy and Obama are center stage.

Second… who would do this and not have had the SS there in a heartbeat. I have never ever seen anyone do something like this to a President. How did the SS not know pizza guy wasn’t going to throw him down to the floor? It sure makes good press to see a business owner out there in peasant ville love Obama so much to give him a big bear hug.
It was staged.

JellyToast on September 11, 2012 at 6:25 AM

Does this pizza guy not realize Barry despises him and his small bourgeois business?

HARRY GERBER on September 11, 2012 at 6:58 AM

He got permission? Just imagine that conversation.

“Can I hug him, can I, huh, can I? Can I pick him up? I wanna pick him up. I will hug him and hug him and pet him and pet him and call him George. Okay, maybe not George …”

Come on. These are grown men. That’s the PRESIDENT OF THE UNTIED STATES. Who thought bear hugs with someone portrayed to be a random stranger were a good idea?

Quisp on September 11, 2012 at 7:10 AM

We are having this big discussion about this man being boycotted for hugging the president. Why? Just because he says he is being boycotted does not make this true. Where are the pictures of people with signs? Where are the interviews of people who have said they are boycotting because he supports the President? My feeling is this story is as staged as the pictures of him hugging the president are.

sdan on September 11, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Hug-A-Thug.

hillsoftx on September 11, 2012 at 7:45 AM

“Are these pizzas homemade? There’s something about…they taste like they came from the 7-11 or somewhere.” (make sour face).

plewis on September 11, 2012 at 7:57 AM

Putin is officially jealous.

tom daschle concerned on September 11, 2012 at 8:24 AM

There was the exact same story a month or so back when an athelete picked up Michelle Obama at the Olympics.

I even remember the same vapid interview where the athelete was asked what it was like to pick up the First Lady, and how her life had been changed by the event, and how wonderful and funny it all was, and how Michelle was just a great person who was really into having fun by being picked up, etc, etc.

Yeah. Right. Totally spontaneous. I’m sure the Secret Service was totally OK with this move, and were not notified in advance.

Can you say “completely scripted”? “Kabuki Politics”?

Wonder who will be next to be “spontaneously” picked up to show the world how they’re just regular folks! Biden?

sultanp on September 11, 2012 at 8:45 AM

As some of the others have mentioned it’s the fact that this guy was allowed so darn close to the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES! Gak! That alone is terrifying.

But then if you look at the optics of the picture the prez looks like a very, very small man. He looks weak – it is not a good photo op, if that was what it was (and I am assuming it is based on the fact that there’s no security rushing this muscle-laden guy who could break the prez’s back)

Blight on September 11, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Pizza Advocate in Chief’s wife says, regarding school lunches, “We can’t just leave it up to the parents.”

Akzed on September 11, 2012 at 9:02 AM

And when the economy further goes into the sh*tter, and he loses his business, I’m sure he will blame someone other than obama. Hard Right on September 11, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Well, he didn’t build it anyhow, why should he get the blame if it fails if he shouldn’t get the credit if it succeeds?

I wouldn’t go to this guy’s shop to get out of the rain. He’s a tyrant-enabler.

Akzed on September 11, 2012 at 9:05 AM

I wouldn’t eat at his place and I could care less about his business. “He didn’t build that, someone else made that happen.” He’s being helpful to Obama and that makes him the enemy.

magicbeans on September 11, 2012 at 9:09 AM

JellyToast on September 11, 2012 at 6:25 AM
-Certainly plausible, or did the SS “accidentally on purpose” look the other way. If he wants to look like a clown let him.
It is interesting the Biden-biker babe photo was also not stopped. Just a thought :-)

diogenes on September 11, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Quisp on September 11, 2012 at 7:10 AM

He’s had way worse ideas than this.

Cindy Munford on September 11, 2012 at 9:33 AM

POLL: Race Tightens As Obama Advantage Narrows To 2 Points…
Swing State Daily Tracking: Obama 46%, Romney 45%…
CNN: OBAMA +6
GALLUP FLASHBACK: MONDALE TOPS REAGAN!
Which presidential polls were most accurate in 2008?

Resist We Much on September 10, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Magic numbers are actually good news.

If all they are left with is a voter suppression strategy, it means we are ahead on the Dem’s internals.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on September 11, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Anybody who likes Obama in the slightest is part of the problem and somebody I would not be eager to associate with and hence, not patronize his business.

michaelthomas on September 11, 2012 at 9:48 AM

These pics are nice but we’re not looking for a drinker in chief, we’re looking for someone who’s gonna take back the country for us. I’m sure Paul or Jack Ryan has popped the tops off a few Leinkeugels from time to time. Mitt doesn’t drink because of his religion. Booooosh didn’t drink anymore because he is an adult. Empty chair runs around the country drinking beer like a frat boy. This is contrast.

Kissmygrits on September 11, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Of course it was a prearranged Photo -OP.
Keep in mind that what this guy did is a Federal Offense and could serve up to a life in Federal Custody.
Obama is the one and only person that could order the Secret Service to stand down for this Photo-OP. Then only after full venting and per-arrangement planing.
What hurts me is that the media tried to slip this off as real and that some of the public excepted it as true. It is pitiful that Obama would endanger this mans life just for a few polling points. As NEWS this is a slap in the face of the fourth branch of government “A Free and Unbiased Press” without which we lose Truth, Honesty and Our American Way of Life.

jpcpt03 on September 11, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Welcome to the post-Chick-Fil-A boycott world.

It should be OK to have a political opinion and announce it, but if one side is willing to boycott over a difference of opinion, there’s no reason to expect the other side to feel any differently.

Esthier on September 11, 2012 at 12:37 PM

I thinks its more like a bunch of individuals saying to themselves.. “to heck with this man bieych loving pizza dude, I’m getting a hotdog today”..

Of course this clearly has all the signs of a Koch brothers conspiracy who we all know are controlled by the Illuminati.

jomondo44 on September 11, 2012 at 3:00 PM