So how many people really watched the conventions?

posted at 12:31 pm on September 8, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

Both conventions have drawn to a close, the balloons (and confetti) have been swept up and the participants have boarded their planes and gone back home. For those of us who tend to soak in politics 24/7 it probably seemed like there was nothing else on television for the last two weeks. But how many of the non-politically obsessed actually tuned in, and which networks delivered the kind of coverage that brought eyeballs to the small screen? For the answers, we go to the watchdogs over at TV By The Numbers, who track shows of all types every day of the year.

In terms of the raw numbers, it appears that Team Obama gets to chalk one up in the win column, and for once we don’t need to parse sample rates, D/R/I figures or any of that. The big party for the Democrats drew more viewers over the three day run, with the final night drawing 35.7 million viewers across all networks.(That’s down 2.7 million from the Hope and Change Express party in 2008.) In the other corner, the Republicans had a somewhat smaller draw across their big week, with the finale pulling in 30.3 million viewers. Strangely, that figure was actually down 8 million from John McCain’s final night in 2008 in a year when all indicators showed the lion’s share of “excitement index” to be on the President’s side. Don’t ask me to explain that one, because I can’t.

But which network delivered the goods for the RNC? It won’t come as much of a surprise that it was once again Fox.

With data for all six days of convention coverage now in, FOX News Channel has the highest average ratings among Total Viewers (5.337 million) for combined coverage of both the Republican National Convention and the Democratic National Convention. The channel’s extremely high ratings for coverage of the RNC were strong enough to overcome its sixth place finish for each night of the DNC to result in an overall top average rating, outperforming not only CNN and MSNBC but ABC, CBS and NBC.

NBC had the largest total share spread over both conventions, but during the three days of the RNC, Fox simply crushed everyone else. However, if we take the normal assumption that we have Fox on one end and MSNBC on the other, one might think that the House That Rachel Maddow Built would pick up the slack on the other end, right? (Particularly given the rock star treatment their team received in Charlotte, as I wrote about this morning.) But… not so much.

MSNBC had the lowest 6 day average among Total Viewers (2.972 million) and Adults 25-54 (1.012 million.

If you dig into the detailed stats, though, even MSNBC managed to shine a few times. During the President’s speech in the 10-11 PM eastern time slot, they rang up 4.5 million to Fox’s 2.9 million, so every dog has their day. The real surprise in that slice of the analysis? The winner for that time slot was CNN with 5.5 million. You do the math and let me know what the explanation for that one is.

Comments

We watched Ann’s speech, Ryan’s, Clint’s, and Mitt’s on Fox. That is ALL we watched on both conventions.
L

letget on September 8, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Paul Ryan apparently thinks the Stoners did.

They’re going after that huge Demographic now.

And the new gop ads post-Convention just suck.

Once again RINO led throwing away an opportunity to contrast with the Great Promiser.

PappyD61 on September 8, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Uh… two words: Sarah Palin

singlemalt 18 on September 8, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Saw some clips at RCP and on HotAir. Heard some audio soundbites on Rush. Did not watch any of it live.

Ted Torgerson on September 8, 2012 at 12:38 PM

They got more viewers because the RIGHT is willing to take a look at what the LEFT has to say, particularly when the sitting President is a Democrat. I’m fairly certain we can’t say the same for the LEFT.

I think the reason some of us on the right tuned in from time to tome to watched it is a two-fer. Know your enemy kind of thing, combined with the almost irresistible urge everyone has to watch a traveling carnival.

thatsafactjack on September 8, 2012 at 12:39 PM

…watched the DNC with the ‘mute’ on…most of the time!

KOOLAID2 on September 8, 2012 at 12:43 PM

TV ratings higher for dem convention higher on TV cause stoopid lefites don’t know about c-span or intenet streaming

(extremely //////)

bluealice on September 8, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Gotta face facts, here. The Dems convention blew away the GOP’s as far as firing up the base and good old fashioned attack speeches. The Republicans were scared to death of turning off a single independent voter, so they were bland as toast, as the zombie-fied expressions on the floor proved.

gumbyandpokey on September 8, 2012 at 12:48 PM

I watched more of DNC, know thine enemy! I know what my ally is saying!

herm2416 on September 8, 2012 at 12:48 PM

I don’t see where ratings matter at all, since it’s hard for me to imagine anyone is fence sitting at this point.

The only fun I find is that people are watching the lib ‘news’ networks in ever-dwindling numbers as each year goes by.

Liam on September 8, 2012 at 12:49 PM

I can. This was an electorate waiting for a real conservative.

(see….that wasn’t so tough)

Tim_CA on September 8, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I for one saw what little was broadcast (no Virginia, I don’t have cable) by the alphabet-networks. Heck, NBC had Broakaw (sp?) mumbling in the nest with Congolezia Rice, Ph.D in the DISTANT background at the podium … several minutes into her speach BEFORE she was ‘allowed’ screentime by the NBC program direction crew. Outrageous … and with the DemCon we get to see from start to finish practically every foam at the mouth IDIOT give their entire diatribe about ‘Evil Republican Nazis’ …
Missed BJ’s speech … to bad, but the Giants/Cowboys game had more REALITY content.
Worked late so I missed King Putt on TV but caught some of it on the car radio. Sounded to me like bits and pieces of his never ending stump speech material he’s been recycling for 4 years now.

Missilengr on September 8, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Yep, I can just feel the passion in Romney, can’t you?

bgibbs1000 on September 8, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Agree that a great deal of folks watching DNC were righties, either hoping to learn of the enemy’s tactics, or to witness any meltdowns firsthand. I’d bet alot of Dems just wanted to wax melancholy over Mr. Bill, too.

I REALLY would like to see cspan figure out a way to keep counts, since MANY folks watch them, often on mute, FOR ELECTION NIGHT !

We’ll most likely watch for results online … talking heads are just way too speculative and repetitive for our liking.
Just gimme the numbers, and HA insights, Nov 6.
:-)

pambi on September 8, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Posted this the other night when it happened and it might have been shown on other Turner networks, but Thursday night at 9:05p central time, 10:05p eastern, TNT ran a 30-second spot promoting that the messiah’s (my term) speech was about to begin and encouraging viewers to tune into their sister station CNN to hear the miraculous unfold (again, my terms). Can’t say if that made a difference in their numbers, but it was another example of their shameless self-promotion. Maybe those with cable tuned in to CNN bcuz they thought they were getting the most unbiased coverage?

Otherwise, who cares? A lotta people no longer have cable, so maybe NBC is the channel that can best be pulled in by those digital antennas. So they can have the ratings in September, we’ll have the votes in November.

stukinIL4now on September 8, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Hm. Was Sarah Palin at the 2008 thing?

Axe on September 8, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Yep, I can just feel the passion in Romney, can’t you?

bgibbs1000 on September 8, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I can tell this Romney fellow has given you purpose in your pathetic sad little life.

CW on September 8, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Just gimme the numbers, and HA insights, Nov 6.
:-)

pambi on September 8, 2012 at 12:59 PM

On Election night, I want, “Just the highlights, ma’am…Just the highlights.”

Like watching Chrissy melt down, or the same growing horror among other liblet pundits like in ’94. I found sadistic joy to watch Dan Rather’s ever-increasing dismay as he was forced to rattle off one Republican Congressional win after another. As a matter of fact, his deepest terror came when he was tabulating the race for Ted Kennedy’s seat where the late woman-killer was in a tight competition.

I won’t make any predictions of winners and losers. But I expect one thing: the liberal punditry is going to be in pain that night.

Liam on September 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM

I watched the RNC on FOX, but watched post-speech comments on MSNBC to watch them twist themselves into knots lying about them. I watched the DNC on C-SPAN to get the true “flavor” of the loony lefties. But watched FOX after Zero’s speech to see their comments. Funny listening to the lefties almost tell the truth about how awful it was!

Sasha List on September 8, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Uh… two words: Sarah Palin

singlemalt 18 on September 8, 2012 at 12:38 PM

THREAD WINNER!!
Jazz: go get some coffee, wake up, and smell it… it was all about ‘Cuda…

Khun Joe on September 8, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Liam on September 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM

LOL
True dat, spectacles to be sure .. also pretty sure the meltdowns will be available online within a few minutes, so there’s that.

pambi on September 8, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I saw none of the speeches live, although I caught a recording of Santorum’s speech. I also saw the DNC meltdown moment live.

Stoic Patriot on September 8, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I stuck to the RNC on C-SPAN streaming on my computer, listening in the background at work, while being able to peek surreptitiously at several of the speakers, most notably Clint.

As for the DNC, well, as I’ve said before, the clips and commentary here were far more illuminating than anything the networks or cable commentators could blather.

PatriotGal2257 on September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM

I watched them both mostly on Cspan — channel surfing at times to see what FOX, CNN and MSNBC were picking up. But Cspan by far was the best way to watch in order to make up my own mind.

I think that announcing Ryan took away from those who would have turned in just to see who the running mate would be. Sarah Palin was only excitement in ’08 for the Repubs.

thatsafactjack on September 8, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Well said, thatsafactjack!!!

CoffeeLover on September 8, 2012 at 1:21 PM

The last great glimpse of Obama.

Nicely done, by the MSM.

Key West Reader on September 8, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Liam on September 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM

LOL

pambi on September 8, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I am so looking forward to that, from all of them. Problem is, I don’t think Chrissy’s addled brain is going to be able to last to Election Day. He’s already tweaking, from what I see. I’m not sure his psyche is going to last much longer.

Liam on September 8, 2012 at 1:36 PM

I didn’t watch either one much. Conventions just are not that interesting anymore. No one says or does anything new. It’s just three days of staged hype by both parties.

The time has come to end the tradition of conventions. They are just a waste of time and money.

AngusMc on September 8, 2012 at 1:38 PM

BTW, Drudge headline Obama up by 4.

He’s as guilty as AP/Reuters because you have to go beyond the headline to find out it’s registered voters.

But can we go ahead and say that the pussy footing around gop convention should have gone for the throat like that whackjob Jennifer Granholm. I mean like her style or not she knows her god hating, abortion loving, “whoever you love” audience. And what did Christ Christie actually say again?

Go Nuclear ya pussy footin republicans or you can suck it for another two years whining about this and that the DOTUS did.

disgusting.

PappyD61 on September 8, 2012 at 1:38 PM

My lib acquaintances claimed they watched the convention. That meant they watched Joe Biden and Obama. And they wept at how beautiful it was.

I have no shame. I watched every hour on C-SPAN of both conventions. I’m an admitted junkie.

John the Libertarian on September 8, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Oh wait. I forgot. I didn’t watch Obama. Can’t stand him.

John the Libertarian on September 8, 2012 at 1:43 PM

C-SPAN is the only way to watch these things, because you actually hear what is being said.

Mr. D on September 8, 2012 at 1:45 PM

“Strangely, that figure was actually down 8 million from John McCain’s final night in 2008 in a year when all indicators showed the lion’s share of “excitement index” to be on the President’s side. Don’t ask me to explain that one, because I can’t.”

Bad weather in deeply red, coastal states? I can tell you were my family in the potential path of a hurricane, I’d be tuned in to the weather channels and not some orchestrated circus. (And, yes, that which is made for primetime is a circus. It’s purposeful for both parties but it’s a spectacle. The really good stuff happens off-air and in meeting rooms where the dry sausage is made.)

AnonymousDrivel on September 8, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Well , if you want more bad numbers, Gallup has Barry up 4

Barry 49
Romney 45

and Barry job approval +10. (52 to 42)

Nation falls when a Democracy is overloaded with freeloaders and idiots, and BS can cover any reality.

bayview on September 8, 2012 at 2:04 PM

I was on vacation during the RNC but managed to see Rice, Martinez and Ryan.

Didn’t see one second of the DNC.

gophergirl on September 8, 2012 at 2:04 PM

bayview on September 8, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Zero liability voters are going to be the doom.

Rio Linda Refugee on September 8, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Well , if you want more bad numbers, Gallup has Barry up 4

Barry 49
Romney 45

and Barry job approval +10. (52 to 42)

bayview on September 8, 2012 at 2:04 PM

We knew this was coming – I expected it even worse after Obama laid an egg.

Truth is we won’t know anything until November 7.

gophergirl on September 8, 2012 at 2:07 PM

It is amazing that actually people give +10 job approval for Barry after some con sell by BJ and his likes.

bayview on September 8, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Okay I’m watching the Minnesota/New Hampshire game on Big Ten Network – the viewers ship can’t be much over a million people if that.

I’ve seen that dang Bill Clinton ad twice.

gophergirl on September 8, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Okay I’m watching the Minnesota/New Hampshire game on Big Ten Network – the viewers ship viewing audience can’t be much over a million people if that.

I’ve seen that dang Bill Clinton ad twice.

gophergirl on September 8, 2012 at 2:15 PM

I seriously need to use the preview button.

gophergirl on September 8, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Sure you can, Jazz. You can say the name, I know that you can. The name that brought the only excitement that campaign had. The name that brought more excitement to the GOP than either Romney or Ryan this time. The name scorned by Left, and Establishment right both, but appreciated by the heart of Patriotic America. The name ignored by the party which should have listened.

Freelancer on September 8, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I watched the RNC convention end-to-end on the internet without any talking heads- personally speaking a better choice. I started the DNC convention the same way then got bored so I switched to Free-TV to tune into America’s Got Talent intermittently when I couldn’t take it anymore. I am not the only one that watched the RNC convention on the internet – where are those stats?

wubu on September 8, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Freelancer on September 8, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I agree. Sarah Palin should have been there.

unclesmrgol on September 8, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I seriously need to use the preview button.

gophergirl on September 8, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Preview is for people that only for cowards.

Axe on September 8, 2012 at 2:33 PM

The majority of Republicans have jobs so staying up late to watch late night coverage for someone they already know they will vote for was not an imperative. Democrat dependent class didn’t have to worry about getting up next day but they wanted reassurance from their side they are going to win so they won’t lose their freebies.

chickasaw42 on September 8, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Here in Los Angeles, I tried to find the RNC on TV and had no luck. I clicked through every station I could receive and didn’t find it. It was as if it didn’t exist.

The local NPR radio station sent a guy called Larry Mantle there and broadcast the speeches in their entirety — except for the occasional voiceover station identification. Larry had plenty of interviews with both Republicans and Democrats on the content of each speech and got plenty of neat public interest interviews — he tended to do a delegate from the state of the person about to speak just before they spoke for the local interest angle.

So I listened to the RNC on radio.

Now, the DNC was quite different. There were two TV stations carrying the speeches. Fox carried the speeches both in Spanish and in English, with separate correspondents for both.

NPR also carried complete coverage of the DNC, this time by Pat Morrison. The format was similar to Larry Mantle’s.

So, I wouldn’t put too much credibility on the numbers — not when they were cooked in the way I was able to observe (or not observe) first hand.

unclesmrgol on September 8, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Don’t be stupid … the 2008 boost was due to Sarah Palin whereas this year, Mitt Romney had the good sense of adding the proverbial “incredibly boring white guy” to the ticket.

You do know Romney is certainly going to lose the election now, don’t you? Are you currently in the denial, anger, bargaining, depression, or acceptance stage?:-)

MARCU$

mlindroo on September 8, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Don’t forget YouTube had the major speeches live.

Lord of the Wings on September 8, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I watched not one minute of the Democrats. I received all my news about their freak show online. I watched very little of Republican convention-my children had lots of homework. What I missed I caught online through Hotair and other right-leaning sites. I thought the main speeches started later than in previous years. With early mornings, I can’t stay up til midnight. And I certainly don’t want to hear the media take on anything. I have no desire for that.

Go Romney/Ryan! Save the Republic!

FastTalker on September 8, 2012 at 2:53 PM

gumbyandpokey on September 8, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Okay, let’s say that’s true.

The Dems are trying to rev up the base.

The GOP has wrapped up the base and is going for independents/persuadables.

In which position do you think it’s best to be in late August/early September of an election year?

Missy on September 8, 2012 at 2:55 PM

thatsafactjack on September 8, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Yeah, I think R2 fans tuned in to see what we were working with and which way they were gonna spin this horrid turd of a world we are living in right now. So that pumped their numbers on the DNC higher.

cappy718 on September 8, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I suspect more Republicans and conservatives were watching the DNC, out of a deep sense of morbid curiosity. They were treated to a site that will hearten them: The Democrats going down the drain!

Mutnodjmet on September 8, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Since I have liberal and centrist people about at times, I can tell you that the CNN audience swell was comprised of those folks who watch the Super Bowl champ but don’t really follow football. Like it or not, our POTUS is a natural rock star (and Champion)in the public imagination. So, for those people who like watching “the ultimate” to get a clue about the whole league, the Novocaine Network from airports is a reasonable ticket. Not knowing any better, they think CNN is the consummate hard fact source.

MSNBC got the true believers (who want to watch their Messiah only) since watching anything else might cause post operation pain from their shock treatments and lobotomies.

unclesmrgol on September 8, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Former Governor Palin?

I think she would have been fun but the Republicans have a problem in being a minority party to begin with and adding the right wing version of victimhood and angst (she was analogized to Al Sharpton in Esquire) could just take the tipping, rickety apple cart and allow the media to violently capsize it.

IlikedAUH2O on September 8, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Yep, I can just feel the passion in Romney, can’t you?

bgibbs1000 on September 8, 2012 at 12:52 PM

CW on September 8, 2012 at 1:06 PM

If you travel much around the country, or have the chance to interact with Democrites in your neck of the woods – you would understand better how meaningless your castigation of Romney is. More so, this love for this phony American called obama-is even further vindication of McCain/2008. Obama could even get away with a Oval Office Lewinsky at this point- and still be the favorite.

Blame Romney if it makes you feel better- but it does not matter who the R candidate is. The media will never allow the truth to get out- and even if it did , all that matters is – the Democrites are the party of free stuff, and the Republicans are seen only as rich white guys wanting to take away that free stuff. It is mind boggling sometimes, but these Ocommie supporters DO NOT CARE about their leader- they just don’t want anything taken from them.
The rest of the social bull Shiite is just a squirrel campaign.

There isn’t any personal responsibility anymore, and the only government for that scenario is communism. And it can’t be stopped. As Clinton covered the other night , NO PRESIDENT could have turned a this economy around, well I would say not even REAGAN could stop our decline into socialism/communism.

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”
― Alexis de Tocqueville

Do you know what Community Organizer really does ?

FlaMurph on September 8, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Several points about the crappy TV ratings:

-It was stupid to hold the convention before Labor Day. Nobody gives a crap about politics during the final days of summer. They’d rather be outside doing stuff.

-More people probably watched online than in 2008.

-Palin was rolled out days before the 2008 convention and the curiosity and excitement factors were off the charts. Ryan was rolled out a month beforehand and was old news by the time of the convention.

-There were a lot of people who were seriously pissed off about the ham-fisted, thuggish rules change/power-grab who probably tuned out because of it, as well as some who were angry that Palin wasn’t there.

-We have two boring white guys, and Obama is no longer a shiny new object, so the overall interest in the election simply will not be the same as 2008.

For some reason both conventions seemed anti-climactic. I just didn’t feel excited or enthused like last time.

Walter Sobchak on September 8, 2012 at 3:24 PM

My husband did not watch any of the convention coverage…but he is voting for Romney. He is just so sick of politics and Obama and all this stuff that he can not stand to listen to it anymore..

I wonder how many conservatives are like that? It might be the same reasons Republicans are hard to poll…they just want to be left the hell alone.

Terrye on September 8, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Yep, I can just feel the passion in Romney, can’t you?

bgibbs1000 on September 8, 2012 at 12:52 PM

CW on September 8, 2012 at 1:06 PM

If you actually got involved in some of the local races you might see more excitement…there have been rallies all over the country where thousands of people have turned out to see both Romney and Ryan and they are feeling excited…maybe you should be out there with them rather than just ragging on Romney like a couple of sore loser ABRs.

Terrye on September 8, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Whether the RNC/GOP wants to believe, accept or resign itself to this fact is going to be irrelevant pretty soon…but anyway… Sarah Palin is the only Superstar the Republican Party has….sure they have stars like Ryan and Rubio (who do not generate exciteent outside the RNC camp)but there is not one single Republican who can bring the enthusiasm and service of the conservative voting base like Sarah Palin … who apperently has the good sense to not go where she is not wanted…

For the good of this country, I honestly hope that the RNC’s cynical plot of shoving Romney down our throats and alienating Palin does not backfire.

CCRWM on September 8, 2012 at 3:31 PM

gumbyandpokey on September 8, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Not to mention the booing God thing and the floor fight…that was fun.

Terrye on September 8, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Terrye on September 8, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Same here…totally agree

CCRWM on September 8, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Didn’t need to watch this week and only watched last week on the internet. I was not willing to listen to the claptrap being spewed on by the alphabet networks. Plus, I have known since March 2010 that I was voting a straight R ticket Nov. 6.

jffree1 on September 8, 2012 at 3:35 PM

CCRWM on September 8, 2012 at 3:31 PM

This is interesting because just yesterday evening I was asked to provide a name of any Palin supporter who gratuitously attacked Romney and seemed to almost yearn for defeat. As if such things just did not happen

And here you…

Listen…the GOP did not ram Romney down our throats..if Sarah Palin wanted to run she could have..even Herman Cain gave it a try…and as far as super stars are concerned..Sarah Palin stopped drawing big crowds on her last bus tour and outside certain parts of the conservative movement she is no rock star. I am sorry but that is just true. I am tired of hearing Sarah Palin described as the eternal victim who is always being picked on by somebody..if she thinks she has what it takes to be President of the United States then she should have run and if she could not do that then her supporters should stop blaming everyone else for that. You are not helping her,if anything you are making people resent her.

Maybe people are just sick of politics..well except for the Obama faithful who will tune in no matter who the GOP hopeful is. After all, they want to keep that free stuff coming.

Terrye on September 8, 2012 at 3:39 PM

jffree1 on September 8, 2012 at 3:35 PM

That sounds like my husband.

Terrye on September 8, 2012 at 3:40 PM

bayview on September 8, 2012 at 2:09 PM

I know..things are just as sucky as they were two weeks ago.

Terrye on September 8, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Terrye on September 8, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Second that. The photos from the R/R rallies are pretty stunning in terms of both turnout and visible levels of excitement.

And I just have to laugh at the “boring white guys” label someone plastered on R/R. I’ve followed both candidates for years. Go back and look in the HA archives for posts when Romney was out there taking clear, decisive stands against O’s machine when there was no campaign going on (well, O never stopped campaigning, but that’s another story).

Ryan boring? You must be living in a different universe. He’s the only one in Washington actually being proactive. He’s the only one who has the specifics to back up the “vision” stuff. Look at how the left went after his Path to Prosperity. He was maligned to the nth degree. The left doesn’t bother to malign people who are “boring.”

Honestly, I feel more excited than in 2008. I watched the RNC on C-span, and I saw fire, a vibrant and deep “bench” and I saw a ticket that I feel not just OK about, but fired up about.

pianomomma on September 8, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Great pic.

John the Libertarian on September 8, 2012 at 4:02 PM

A scientific analysis of the RNC/DNC viewership data presented leads to the following:

2008:
A) RNC viewership higher than DNC viewership
B) Barack Obama wins Presidential election

2012:
A) DNC viwership higher than RNC viwership

Conclusion: Romney will win the 2012 Presidential election

It’s irrefutable!!!!!!

Sweet_Thang on September 8, 2012 at 4:13 PM

I am surprised so many people still depending on networks to bring them “the news.” It’s not 1965, people.

I watched what I wanted to watch of each convention from CSPAN on my computer along with various liveblogs and twitter feeds. I don’t need to have some LSM creep telling what I just saw and what to think about it. I doubt I’m the only one who didn’t get counted for this reason. I also assume the broadcast nets are reflecting viewers who are low-information voters and hence more likely to Democraps but much less likely to actually vote.

I have been to several romney-Ryan events in Virginia, and the level of excitement and enthusiasm is actually greater than what I saw at a Palin speech there in ’08.

str8tface on September 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Does anyone count the folks who only stream TV over the internet?

desertdweller on September 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Does anyone count the folks who only stream TV over the internet?

desertdweller on September 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Probably not. And I watched on CSPAN and I don’t see that counted either.

Ronnie on September 8, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Democrat convention was attack, attack, attack, lie & smear.

Republican convention was…uh…jobs….no hope & change….Obama is a nice guy, but…should have had more attack.
Needed More Clint Eastwood.
Christie wimped out on the attack part.

albill on September 8, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Plus at the Republican convention the TV talking heads tried to damping everything down and at the Democratic convention they were the cheerleaders.

albill on September 8, 2012 at 5:10 PM

I watched RNC on MSNBC and DNC on FOX…

This maximized the comedic value and pundit head assploding opportunities.

Snowblind on September 8, 2012 at 5:31 PM

I watched the GOP convention on CSPAN…I didn’t watch the “Donk” convention at all. I have a fairly nice Plasma TV and didn’t want to throw a brick through it.

The_Basseteer on September 8, 2012 at 6:27 PM

A) Republicans don’t get their news from the broadcast media, while Democrats continue to do so. One party is sick of the liberal slant and abandons the network TV, while the other party eats it up and enjoys watching it.

B) The right wing is more willing to ‘know its enemy’ and therefore studies it, while the left wing is convinced that there is nothing to learn from the Republicans and spend no time with them. (Two days ago we learned that no one on Obama’s staff had Boehner’s phone number – two years into the Administration!)

What’s so hard to figure out from that?

ss396 on September 8, 2012 at 7:07 PM

What I did watch of the RNC, I watched on C-SPAN as did several other people I know. We agreed that we got much more value out of it by watching speeches and other RNC events uninterrupted and without interpretation by talking heads. And, I got to hear the house band play and they rocked!

I had zero interest in the DNC and did not watch any of it and have read very little about it. Didn’t even know there had been some kind of “meltdown.” Hope it was Obama or Biden.

TerriHaute on September 8, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Liberal touchy-feely circle jerk out draws the Austerity-is-Us show? Let me show you my shocked face. Fast forward please.

FineasFinn on September 9, 2012 at 8:19 AM

The stronger numbers for the DNC were the result of “dead voters” watching.

DevilsPrinciple on September 9, 2012 at 8:47 AM

CCRWM on September 8, 2012 at 3:31 PM

We the People choose Romney.

Palin did not get ONE vote, not ONE. Because she was playing with your head and taking your money for her own pocket.

We the People are not ramming anything down your throat. We the People voted for the best candidate. You can tell which ones are the candidates and which ones are playing with you by the names on the ballots!!! I guess that is hard to understand since you still don’t get it!

Palin isn’t running. Ever. Her name will never be on a ballot again. Ever. She took you for a fool. She ripped you off!!!

So get over it!!!

petunia on September 10, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Romney got a good bounce too… but nobody polled it. The only ones polling were the Rassmussen and Gallup dailys. And Gallup is being intimidated and sued by the thugs in the Whitehouse. So nothing out of Gallup can be trusted this year.

Not one pollester was there to document the Romney bounce… but of course Rassmussen who got it wrong that one time … and the Democrats will endlessly bring that one time up… to try to discredit them, but how often is PPP wrong? Or Reuters? They are wrong more than they are right.

Rassmussen is still the best.

Why isn’t anyone asking why no one polled after the RNC convention? The pollesters were absolutely silent.

By design.

Obama’s bounce will fade and we will be back to even or Romney ahead slightly soon enough.

petunia on September 10, 2012 at 2:05 PM