President Obama: “You’ll love me even more”

posted at 6:31 pm on September 8, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

But… but… I didn’t think that was even possible! [Swoons, faints.] Speaking from the campaign trail in Iowa on Friday night, via the Weekly Standard:

AUDIENCE MEMBER:  ”We love you, Obama!”

THE PRESIDENT:  ”I love you back.  But let me tell you the fourth thing — you’ll love me even more. Fourth, my plan would reduce our deficit without sticking it to the middle class.  Independent analysis has shown that my plan would cut deficits by $4 trillion.  And I’ve already worked with the Republicans in Congress to cut a trillion dollars’ worth of spending, because those of us who care about what government can do to help people give them a ladder up…”

Of course, taken in the full context, it was a perfectly appropriate and humorous response to the rowdy audience member who simply couldn’t manage to keep his enthusiasm bottled up inside; but as a one-liner, it’s just so… fitting. Given this president’s almost extraordinary level of amour-propre, it is wholly unshocking to me that that’s his natural quick-draw reaction to the situation. Telling, eh?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Wanna bet?

Lanceman on September 8, 2012 at 6:33 PM

It wouldn’t be hard. I don’t love him at all right now.

trigon on September 8, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Erika broke the internets. Lessons from Ed?

Limerick on September 8, 2012 at 6:34 PM

A$$wipe’s got it backwards as usual. Couldn’t hate more.

msupertas on September 8, 2012 at 6:36 PM

My. What an ego!

Liam on September 8, 2012 at 6:36 PM

there is no there, there.

tom daschle concerned on September 8, 2012 at 6:36 PM

“Independent analysis has shown that my plan would cut deficits by $4 trillion.”

After he raised them by 7 trillion?

I amazes me that a 1-2 point switch after a convention has some running around like headless chickens. This man has been political poison for months and months. Democrat Senate candidates flee from him like vampire from garlic.

Marcus on September 8, 2012 at 6:36 PM

What plan???

FACT CHECK, please!

Robert_Paulson on September 8, 2012 at 6:36 PM

By a sleigh of hands, the cut that Barry referred to is reducing the rate of increase of future spending. He had done nothing to cut down on the deficits, let alone the 16 trillion dollars national debts.

bayview on September 8, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Erika took lessons from Tina!

esr1951 on September 8, 2012 at 6:37 PM

I can’t watch any videos of this clown short of national emergency similar to 9/11. I’m trying really hard to not swear in front of my kids.

gsherin on September 8, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Fourth, my plan would reduce our deficit without sticking it to the middle class. Independent analysis has shown that my plan would cut deficits by $4 trillion. And I’ve already worked with the Republicans in Congress to cut a trillion dollars’ worth of spending

Hey as long as we’re saying whatever we want no matter how ridiculous I cured cancer last night and drive a Bugatti.

Kataklysmic on September 8, 2012 at 6:39 PM

But wait! There’s more! Act now and you will recieve this amazing spiraling debt.

Republican Yogi on September 8, 2012 at 6:39 PM

George Washington, the Father of our country, was too much a man and gentleman to dare say anything like this.

Snotty children say things like this. Not men of good character and reputation.

Liam on September 8, 2012 at 6:39 PM

2 x 0 = still equals zero.

cobrakai99 on September 8, 2012 at 6:40 PM

I can’t stand this narcissistic, egotistical tool.

changer1701 on September 8, 2012 at 6:40 PM

The media(including the one tune Larry Kudlow) keep harping on the meme that Romney’s speech at the RNC contained no specific plans about how he will fix the economy, and totally ignore the fact that Barry’s speech did not have any specific and concrete plans either.

bayview on September 8, 2012 at 6:41 PM

2 X 0 = ZERO

cobrakai99 on September 8, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Wait I thought the ‘pubs were obstructionists. First the vouchers and now this. I am beginning to not believe he or the rats say.

CW on September 8, 2012 at 6:42 PM

In the immortal words of that great orator and wordsmith, Joe Wilson, “YOU LIE!”

Vntnrse on September 8, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Why shouldn’t Obama be cocky. His campaign believed they would come out of their convention up by 3-5 pts and the lead would hold and the election was locked. That’s why his speech was such a dud. He played it safe, knowing he’s ahead. On the opposite side, you’ve got Romney conceding WI, MI and PA. Pretty easy to see where this is all headed…same direction as 08. Maybe the guy really is the Messiah, to be able to win easily in such a crappy economy.

gumbyandpokey on September 8, 2012 at 6:43 PM

it was a perfectly appropriate and humorous response to the rowdy audience member who simply couldn’t manage to keep << his >> enthusiasm bottled up inside

I wonder if “HE” was all tingly too??

RealMc on September 8, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Wow, what a difference a day makes. When the sun set yesterday, there was NO plan, only platitudes. Today . . . there’s a plan!

Dear Mr. President . . . inquiring minds want to know: what’s in “the plan?”

Also, that’s quite the bloviated Obama image . . . the oversized picture actually protruded into the sidebar when I first clicked on the page. I’m sure there’s a good analogy there . . .

pianomomma on September 8, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Erika took lessons from Tina!

esr1951 on September 8, 2012 at 6:37 PM

I miss the old MEGA-PERRY posts.

stefanite on September 8, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Unexpectedly, he remains flexible.

pambi on September 8, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Excuse, O/T Nascar delayed for a bit due to rain. ABC is delayed in carrying it. Don’t know if Romney will be there or not.

bluefox on September 8, 2012 at 6:45 PM

gumbyandpokey on September 8, 2012 at 6:43 PM

You’re right. Obama is a magical messiah that can’t lose no matter what. Make sure to tell all your friends.

Kataklysmic on September 8, 2012 at 6:46 PM

According to the CBO, bless their hearts, the 2012 budget deficit for the FY ending at the end of this month will total $1.1 trillion (never mind that the Senate hasn’t actually passed a budget in 3 years ), and federal debt will reach 73% GDP, the highest level since 1950 and about twice what it was in 2007.

How much more can we love this guy? And survive?

de rigueur on September 8, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Independent analysis has shown that my plan would cut deficits by $4 trillion.

So, he really had a plan to increase spending by $6 trillion but decided he only needed to increase spending by $2 trillion?

DaveDief on September 8, 2012 at 6:47 PM

my plan would reduce our deficit without sticking it to the middle class.

That comes from raising taxes on the “rich” who sell things to the middle classes.
Part of it comes from penalties placed on companies who import things that could be found here. Reducing the availability of low price items that the poor have come to depend on
Part is just number juggling…

Independent analysis has shown that my plan would cut deficits by $4 trillion

That is in 10 years, from a guy who added 6 trillion in just 4

Gwillie on September 8, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Uhh…how sick that a grown adult yells out, “we love you” to a politician. Hero worship is what his whole campaign is about. Pretty sad.

O/T, but “Barkley for Heisman”. Just sayin’.

JohnInCA on September 8, 2012 at 6:49 PM

8% unemployment 43 straight months
$4 gas
$16 trillion debt

Obama 49
Romney 45

Guy is black teflon.

kevinkristy on September 8, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Vomit inducing.

AZCoyote on September 8, 2012 at 6:50 PM

As Clint Eastwood said, a bigger hoax upon the land there never was.

As I say, such impertinent charlatanry must be punished.

Schadenfreude on September 8, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Nothing from nothing is still nothing.

He’s got nothing.

SouthernGent on September 8, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Degenerate in Chief!

Schadenfreude on September 8, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I love him more already. In fact I love him so much that I worship him.

Why? Because I am an excited Democrat that can’t wait to have MORE:

Unemployment.

Lies from my President.

Deficits that will bankrupt this country.

Civilian Defense force that will help him police the naysayers.

I want MORE countries in the Middle east to fall to radical women whipping, gay killing Islam.

I want another doubling of gas prices.

I want higher food prices.

And most of all I want my own personal teat on that Federal sow!!!

We worship you Lord Obama!!!!

TEATERNAMI Baby!!!!

PappyD61 on September 8, 2012 at 6:54 PM

gumbyandpokey on September 8, 2012 at 6:43 PM

The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded

thebrokenrattle on September 8, 2012 at 6:54 PM

As that runner in the Olympics said….”I am now legend”

Limerick on September 8, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Like I keep saying. Obama could shoot women and children on live television and his poll numbers would go up. I don’t get his appeal at all. It simply is baffling.

andy85719 on September 8, 2012 at 6:56 PM

BJ Clinton keeps assuring me (in the ad run on our CT cable company’s broadcast of TNT) that only Ø has a plan that will fix things. What that plan is, he won’t tell us, he just tries to assure us the Ø has one.

Should I e-mail BJ and ask to see the specifics? As it is, I think I’ll be watching almost everything on DVR so that I can just fast forward through the nauseating “We love Ø, you love Ø!” ads for the next two months.

LibraryGryffon on September 8, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Vomit inducing.

AZCoyote on September 8, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Seriously. Looks like we’re all gonna have to stock up on barf bags for the rest of this campaign.

stukinIL4now on September 8, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Independent analysis has shown that my plan would cut deficits by $4 trillion [over the next 300 years].

Left Coast Right Mind on September 8, 2012 at 6:58 PM

I think that the more screws tighten against Obama, the more we’ll see his overblown ego come out and to the fore.

Liam on September 8, 2012 at 6:58 PM

andy85719 on September 8, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Why baffling? You go to the markets, the malls, drive the freeways, you have seen what put him there. 54% of the products of American education.

Limerick on September 8, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Send him and his out of town, never to repeat such clownishness. These people have no sane upbringing. No such person would say such a thing.

Mock them into oblivion, so as to never repeat the circus.

Schadenfreude on September 8, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Nothing from times nothing is still nothing.

He’s got nothing.

SouthernGent on September 8, 2012 at 6:51 PM

He does’t know math, but we do :)

Schadenfreude on September 8, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Limerick on September 8, 2012 at 6:58 PM

I know, but when I say that I’m called a concern troll. So now I’m just going to say that I don’t know why people still like Obama despite the economic malaise.

andy85719 on September 8, 2012 at 7:00 PM

And by reduce our deficit I mean increase it 10 times what any other president has done.

Fifth, Let me tell you , if you love Unconstitutional Executive Orders, you are going to love my second term. Constituion schmonstitution, screw the rule of law this will be a nation of men, like every other leftist fascist diktatorship.

jukin3 on September 8, 2012 at 7:00 PM

He doesn’t need a plan…….he’s black and his wife has great arms!!!

P. S.

Romney you suck……GO AFTER OBAMA or stop wasting our frigging money!!!!!

PappyD61 on September 8, 2012 at 7:01 PM

gumbyandpokey on September 8, 2012 at 6:43 PM

pianomomma on September 8, 2012 at 7:01 PM

andy85719 on September 8, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Schroom the people who think you have no reason for concern. I’m still an Eeyore. Don’t care. I’ll call the pitch as I see it. So should you.

Limerick on September 8, 2012 at 7:02 PM

He makes my skin crawl.

gophergirl on September 8, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Ogabe is about as lovable as a root canal without anasthetic. He is entirely delusional.

Benedict Nelson on September 8, 2012 at 7:02 PM

President Obama: “You’ll love me even more”

Yes, you will love him even more, or off to the gulag with you and no potato.

SWalker on September 8, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Wow, that’s impressive. You had me until I heard Mitt has a plan which guarantees me an additional 100 yards off the tee and 2 orgasms a day and 4 on Sundays. It’s his October surprise.

Basilsbest on September 8, 2012 at 7:03 PM

andy85719 on September 8, 2012 at 6:56 PM

1) Free stuff (Obama is going to pay my mortgage)

2) Lazy – I think Badger40 posted a story the other day that crops are rotting in CA because it’s better to get a welfare check than pick the crops

This is the fight of our lives.

gophergirl on September 8, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Gwillie on September 8, 2012 at 6:49 PM

By your analysis, we should just excuse the rich from paying any taxes since they will use those tax savings to create jobs correct? The rich make more money that way don’t they? They live to create jobs.
One very amazing thing I credit these ” job creators” for is their superb ability of brainwashing poor white working class men into accepting this flawed economic model. No wonder they remain poor.

HotAirLib on September 8, 2012 at 7:05 PM

NOOO! The NASCAR race is in weather delay – Romney is there and I think he’s going to be Grand Marshal

Dammit!

gophergirl on September 8, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Worse than Obama are those who fawn over him without question.

Liam on September 8, 2012 at 7:05 PM

I know he’s a narcissist but this is the part of the statement that should be the concern. The progressive ideal that the role of government is to give people a ladder up. This is the complete opposite of our founding principles and ideals that made this country what it is, yet now it can be spouted by a sitting President and nobody seems to care.

lowandslow on September 8, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Next polls don’t come out till Monday. By then I predict Obama over 50 percent. I’m placing $2 on 53 percent to 39 percent. Would bet more but the economy sucks so…

andy85719 on September 8, 2012 at 7:06 PM

As that runner in the Olympics said….”I am now legend”

Limerick on September 8, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Funny, I was thinking more along the line of what Oppenheimer said at the Trinity Test… “I have become Shiva… Destroyer of worlds”

SWalker on September 8, 2012 at 7:07 PM

I’ve never had a potus that begs for adoration. I hope I never do again. It’s kind of pathetic.

wolly4321 on September 8, 2012 at 7:07 PM

It will be an early night. Forget FL and MI and OH. VA is the telltale. So goes VA on election eve so goes the election.

Limerick on September 8, 2012 at 7:07 PM

As Clinton said…

Obama has laid the ground work for a real recovery….

Sometime in 2020…

Electrongod on September 8, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Not a chance buster brown

cmsinaz on September 8, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Nothing from nothing is still nothing.

He’s got nothing.

SouthernGent on September 8, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Have to tune you for that observation. Enjoy! Nothing.

Bmore on September 8, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Dammit!

gophergirl on September 8, 2012 at 7:05 PM

They should’ve moved it indoors.

SouthernGent on September 8, 2012 at 7:08 PM

gophergirl on September 8, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Fight of our lives and we are losing.

andy85719 on September 8, 2012 at 7:08 PM

gumbyandpokey on September 8, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Or maybe you’re the absolute biggest cretin ever born to two humans…

jimver on September 8, 2012 at 7:08 PM

“You’ll love me even more.” Didn’t some dictators say that at one time or another? Or Vito in the Godfather movie?

Kokonut on September 8, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Not a chance buster brown

cmsinaz on September 8, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Ain’t that the truth!

gophergirl on September 8, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Limerick on September 8, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Virginia will be called for Obama minutes after polls close. It won’t even be close.

andy85719 on September 8, 2012 at 7:09 PM

“And Kerry was a shoe-in in 2004, able to win easily in such a crappy war situation, right?”

Not at all. Here are the final polls and they pretty much were spot on…

Poll Date Sample Bush (R) Kerry (D) Spread
ABC/Wash Post 10/28 – 10/31 – 49 48 Bush +1
ARG 10/28 – 10/30 – 48 48 Tie
CBS News/NY Times 10/28 – 10/30 – 49 46 Bush +3
Pew Research 10/27 – 10/30 – 51 48 Bush +3
Newsweek 10/27 – 10/29 – 50 44 Bush +6

gumbyandpokey on September 8, 2012 at 7:09 PM

“Ask not what your country do for you. Ask what you can do for me.”

Obama

Liam on September 8, 2012 at 7:09 PM

andy85719 on September 8, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Yet another idiot…did a pipe break somwhere…

jimver on September 8, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Fight of our lives and we are losing.

andy85719 on September 8, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Don’t pay attention to polls right now.

The most important poll is November 6.

Have faith!

gophergirl on September 8, 2012 at 7:10 PM

HotAirLib on September 8, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Yes because if we just taxed them more it would make everything better.

I can tell you are pretty young. Who do you think the rich employ? Who takes care of their toys and homes? I suggest you google “luxury tax yacht industry”. Open your eyes.

CW on September 8, 2012 at 7:10 PM

I’m watching Fox News and they played a couple of clips from his appearances today. He looks like a raving maniac, lots of hand and arm gestures. And then the “I have a plan” claim, yet gives no details.

Brat on September 8, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Kokonut on September 8, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Sounds like something Idi Amin would say :)..,

jimver on September 8, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Republican Yogi on September 8, 2012 at 6:39 PM

…I want a Vegomatic !

KOOLAID2 on September 8, 2012 at 7:11 PM

No one loves Obama as much as he does.

thatsafactjack on September 8, 2012 at 7:12 PM

1) Free stuff (Obama is going to pay my mortgage)
This is the fight of our lives.
gophergirl on September 8, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Another effective myth I credit rich republicans for perpetuating. Blame the welfare queen and young bucks for all your problems. The lazy guy who hangs out doing nothing all day. He is the reason why you don’t have a job. The welfare queen is why we need to raise your taxes and excuse ourselves from paying a penny. The young buck is why we shipped your jobs overseas. Super!

HotAirLib on September 8, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Soooooooooooooo…instead of playing for both houses along the beltway the RNC has bet the rent on a nip-n-tuck. Smart dumba**es.
With the Hill in your pocket POTUS could be Attila the Hun and never make it out of the tent.

Limerick on September 8, 2012 at 7:12 PM

As was said by a couple others, it always amazes me when idiots like Odumbo talk about “cutting the deficit by $4T,” or whatever.

The lack of quizzical or befuddled faces in his audience tells you that these people don’t know what a deficit is. Certainly, this aids Odumbo in the creation of these numbers from whole cloth.

RedCrow on September 8, 2012 at 7:12 PM

NPD

t8stlikchkn on September 8, 2012 at 7:13 PM

jimver on September 8, 2012 at 7:10 PM

I’m not an idiot, I just know the country is rotted to the core. People are lazy and leech off the government. Obama promises more money for the leeches.

andy85719 on September 8, 2012 at 7:13 PM

He doesn’t need a plan…….he’s black and his wife has great arms!!!

P. S.

Romney you suck……GO AFTER OBAMA or stop wasting our frigging money!!!!!

PappyD61 on September 8, 2012 at 7:01 PM

The people who will decide the election don’t need to be told why they shouldn’t vote for Obama. They need to be told why they should vote for Romney – as if his Resume isn’t reason enough.

I looked at the Romney ads and I think they are very good in countering the negative image of Romney disseminated by the Democrats and their MSM colleagues.

Basilsbest on September 8, 2012 at 7:13 PM

“Don’t pay attention to polls right now.

The most important poll is November 6.

Have faith!”

Ah, the loser’s lament!!

The only people who say “the only poll that matters is on election day” are on the losing side. Happened in 92, 96 and 08. Romney is a goner.

gumbyandpokey on September 8, 2012 at 7:14 PM

…I want a Vegomatic !

KOOLAID2 on September 8, 2012 at 7:11 PM

All out of those..
We do have a Virginia…

Electrongod on September 8, 2012 at 7:14 PM

HotAirLib on September 8, 2012 at 7:05 PM

HAL

Bmore on September 8, 2012 at 7:15 PM

gumbyandpokey on September 8, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Precisely. No one ever got poor betting on the stupidity of the American public. And since the country is basically bereft of any initiative, hard-work, etc., a person who promises free money will always win.

andy85719 on September 8, 2012 at 7:17 PM

gumbyandpokey on September 8, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Is gumby and pokey still on air?

Bmore on September 8, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Basilsbest on September 8, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Play them in East Arlington, L.A.s Valley, Denver Tapiterias, and Dade County. The election will be about what I can get because I deserve it instead of what I get I earn.

Limerick on September 8, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Obama is always, perpetually, and forever about Obama.

Not the country. Not the world. Not about anyone else.

Just Obama.

Liam on September 8, 2012 at 7:17 PM

HotAirLib on September 8, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Boy you are dumb.

1) I have a job thank you very much
2) I’m not rich by any means
3) There were several instances of people saying “Obama is going to pay this and that” during the 2008 campaign – go look them up.
4) 50% of Americans do not pay any Federal Income Tax. That is a problem – a huge problem. If they paid even half of their “fair share” we wouldn’t be in the mess we are in.
5) The welfare queen is the one taxing the system. I don’t have/use any government benefits but yet I pay for people to have 4,5,6 kids when they can’t afford 1. I’m tired of it.

If you are going to spout talking points – for goodness sakes at least know what the heck you are talking about.

I repeat – boy are you dumb.

gophergirl on September 8, 2012 at 7:18 PM

gumbyandpokey on September 8, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Romney is running against a fallen Messiah…
Hope and Change..

No more worries..
Gas..
Mortgage…
Jobs…

Something that has been promised in the past but not realized…
And we know what history has done….

Electrongod on September 8, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Obama: “I’ve got a plan for more jobs and for the economy and blah blah….” Oh really? Where has he been keeping this brilliant plan?

It is extremely frustrating to me that there are so many voters who are so f—ing dumb that they buy that. That is actually good enough for them. After four long years of incompetence and downright malevolent policies.

How could this be? What the —- is wrong with these people? They’re willing to throw away America’s future to be “nice” to the little boy-king Obama who, gosh darn it, means well and like social justice ‘n’ stuff. “Hey, let’s give him another chance.” AAAAAGGGHHHH!

Total f—ing idiots. And there aren’t just a few of them, there are tens of millions of them.

Sometimes I feel like I’ll have to stop reading the news altogether for the next two months just to preserve my sanity.

Django on September 8, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Or should that have been, Are?

Bmore on September 8, 2012 at 7:18 PM