President Obama: “You’ll love me even more”

posted at 6:31 pm on September 8, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

But… but… I didn’t think that was even possible! [Swoons, faints.] Speaking from the campaign trail in Iowa on Friday night, via the Weekly Standard:

AUDIENCE MEMBER:  “We love you, Obama!”

THE PRESIDENT:  “I love you back.  But let me tell you the fourth thing — you’ll love me even more. Fourth, my plan would reduce our deficit without sticking it to the middle class.  Independent analysis has shown that my plan would cut deficits by $4 trillion.  And I’ve already worked with the Republicans in Congress to cut a trillion dollars’ worth of spending, because those of us who care about what government can do to help people give them a ladder up…”

Of course, taken in the full context, it was a perfectly appropriate and humorous response to the rowdy audience member who simply couldn’t manage to keep his enthusiasm bottled up inside; but as a one-liner, it’s just so… fitting. Given this president’s almost extraordinary level of amour-propre, it is wholly unshocking to me that that’s his natural quick-draw reaction to the situation. Telling, eh?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Four more years!

Of 8% unemployment, millions dropping out of the labor force (making the unemployment number actually look BETTER than it actually is), and deficits of over $1,000,000,000,000.00 every year.

Four more years until the entire country is laid waste.

Wino on September 8, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Four more years until the entire country is laid waste.

Wino on September 8, 2012 at 10:13 PM

As long as they tax the “rich” more who cares?

CW on September 8, 2012 at 10:29 PM

When Obama has been adding between $1.3T to $1.8T in new debt each year, reducing the annual deficits by $0.4T per year ($4T over 10 years), that still means adding $0.9T to $1.4T in new debt each year.

Obama thinks that sounds good, but when he complained in 2008 about Republicans averaging about $0.5T in new debt each year, he is an absolute deceitful hypocrite to act like $0.9T to $1.4T in new debt each year is now a good thing.

ITguy on September 8, 2012 at 10:51 PM

ITguy on September 8, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Pretty much sums it up.

Obama massively jacked up spending with not so much as a cent worth of proposals to pay for it. The irony is he’s now shackled to the 2009 budgets that are creating these deficits since he lost the House. And according to Bob Woodward, that took him completely by surprise.

Whether or not Obama leaves next year or after 4 more, this presidency is over. The next 4 years will look exactly like the last 2. Complete gridlock, massive deficits and declining job and wage growth.

And just wait till 2014 hits, ObamaCare goes fully operational and people start losing their insurance and rates hike up. The midterms will be another Democrat massacre.

Chuck Schick on September 8, 2012 at 11:02 PM

But we don’t love you *now,* Mr. President.

The_Jacobite on September 8, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Obama: “My plan is to say that I have a plan that will do what my last plan didn’t do even though I really didn’t have a plan before and I don’t have one now but you bought that the last time around so my plan is to throw out the same B.S. along with a whole lot of borrowed money and taxes on the rich and buy my way back into this job. Oh, and if you think I was lazy for the first four years? You ain’t seen nothin’ yet.”

natasha333 on September 8, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Don’t confuse HAL with Facts.

A+

Del Dolemonte on September 8, 2012 at 11:54 PM

How did he get a bounce out of this?

Can someone please tell me? Because he is the sorriest (sp?) excuse of a President I have had the misfortune witness lead our country.

ccrosby on September 9, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Most far right conservatives resort to insults when their ideology has been debunked.

HotAirLib on September 8, 2012 at 7:56 PM

The only thing you’ve debunked so far is yourself.

Gang-of-One on September 9, 2012 at 1:04 AM

“Obama plays golf while white people die in tornados”
(Ex)Yahoo! News Washington Bureau Chief

Strike Hornet on September 9, 2012 at 5:34 AM

I see SCoaMF is still using the “independent” tag to identify fellow leftist pieces of garbage that are publicly ashamed at being identified as such.

MNHawk on September 9, 2012 at 6:46 AM

I hope all the losers who vote for the Golfer in Chief feel good when wages and jobs continue to decline while our debt explodes.

They can comfort themselves with the memories of how good it felt to cast an “historic” vote…

Grace_is_sufficient on September 9, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Obama’s wants to grow the country from the middle out so, with his policies, he’s increasing the middle class from above, rather than below.

bflat879 on September 9, 2012 at 7:59 AM

I wonder if King Barack the Growth Slayer has “poppers” on hand for the swooners?
And I don’t mean those “poppers” filled with ammonia, if you get my drift.
*nudge* *nudge*, *wink* *wink*
Maybe that’s why the crowds go nutz – free amyl nitrate for all!
In honor of Randy Sandy Fluck of course.
~(Ä)~