Matthews: If Obama beats the right-wing, they’re finished

posted at 3:21 pm on September 7, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

I know the oh-look-more-Chris-Matthews-ridiculousness posts can be tiresome, but the fact that this person has a nationally televised platform from which to spew this type of absolute nonsense never ceases to amaze me (and I have something of a difficult time allowing even the most trifling bits of populist lunacy pass me by without comment, blergh). You’d think my incredulity would eventually subside, but alas — his ability to beclown himself seems to know no bounds. This was prior to President Obama’s speech last night; click the image to watch, via RCP:

Photobucket

Look, the only people who haven’t had it tough in the last four years are the rich. They’ve had it easy, and I think that’s obvious. And now they’re afraid they might somebody in the next four years who might start winning battles. By the way, the best way to beat the right-wing is to beat them. If he beats them in this election, they’re finished. And I think that’s the point. And the moderates will come back. And Jeb Bush will come back. And the people like Chris Christie will come back. The moderates will retake the party if you smash the right. I am talking what the President believes because he’s told people that, that he thinks he can win this election and break these people on the right, the moderates will come back and they’ll be able to negotiate and the Mitch McConnells will be shut up for a while.

Firstly: “The only people who haven’t had it tough in the last four years are the rich. They’ve had it easy…” Yeah, those stupid, greedy rich people, living the high life in their castles made of clouds clouds with their dirty, ill-begotten wealth and not providing anything of value to anyone. Who needs ‘em, anyways? Let’s just soak the hell out of ‘em and call it a day, amiright?

Secondly: “The best way to beat the right-wing is to beat them.” Don’t let the redundancy confuse you — it’s just Matthews’ opener for getting in another shot at those oh-so-radical Republicans. Yes, this party’s really gotten just too darn extreme for everybody — forget the fact that a few months ago, the party had major trepidation with choosing Mitt Romney because he’s too moderate. A Republican governor from Massachusetts, extreme? Really? No matter what we do, the Left will always find excuses to brand conservatives as “radicals,” and please don’t act like a second term for your hero is going to change that.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Just me or is Matthews looking more like a scorned lover with each passing day. Must suck for him.

gatorboy on September 7, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Is it possible the man’s having a nervous breakdown? I mean, given leg tingles, he may have been more invested in Obama than almost anyone.

Red Cloud on September 7, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Like the way they were “smashed” in 2010?

John the Libertarian on September 7, 2012 at 3:23 PM

I really really do not like this man, I’m serious!
L

letget on September 7, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Question for Chrissy.

How long would it take President Obama to figure out how to reproduce with Martians?

tom daschle concerned on September 7, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Repubs:
Media is not your friend.

antisocial on September 7, 2012 at 3:24 PM

When he completely loses it and explodes I hope it’s on tape.

kim roy on September 7, 2012 at 3:24 PM

First?

(Ducks from Bishop)

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on September 7, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Erika, just wait until election night and the ‘humpbot’ has been released. He’ll lose worse than ever.

gsherin on September 7, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Is there a person on earth who believes that Chrissy wouldn’t be calling Jeb or Christie a foaming at the mouth right winger if either were the nominee?

Kataklysmic on September 7, 2012 at 3:25 PM

But I think we will beat Obama.

Axion on September 7, 2012 at 3:26 PM

“If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine…”

Spannerhead on September 7, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Dream on Alice. Wonderland is around the corner!

humdinger on September 7, 2012 at 3:27 PM

The Syphilis has advanced to the later stages. It’s never pretty.

jukin3 on September 7, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I think what he is trying to say is, if Romney beats Obama liberalism is finished.

Ellis on September 7, 2012 at 3:28 PM

So what he is saying is that Obama is so bad that if Republicans can’t beat him they can never win.

The Notorious G.O.P on September 7, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Actually as bad as I hate to admit it, Chrissy is right on this one. If we can’t beat Obama this time around then we in fact cannot beat anyone. But I think we will beat Obama. Axion on September 7, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Exactly what I was going to say but you beat me.

Dingbat63 on September 7, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Given the propensity for projection on the part of the left, what he really is saying is

If Obama Romney beats the rightleft-wing, they’re finished

In that case, I would, very hopefully, agree.

IrishEyes on September 7, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Who is Matthews?

NoDonkey on September 7, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Once again the lefturds point out their own dilemma–truth is, the Dooms are more likely to be cooked gooses when Romney wins. Demsperation bubbling over.

stukinIL4now on September 7, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Kataklysmic on September 7, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Or, in 2022 if Romney loses, recalling the good old days when respectable and honorable Republicans like Mitt Romney were in charge of the party.

These guys really do respect Republican leaders, the ones who’ve lost or died – preferably both.

Drained Brain on September 7, 2012 at 3:29 PM

The only time I’ll ever turn on MSLSD is the night of November 6th, right after O’Butthead’s concession speech, to watch the look on your face just before you meltdown into the puddle of urine you are, you drunken jacka$$.

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on September 7, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Matthews doesn’t know Obama.

Matthews doesn’t know Romney.

Chris is delusional.

Buy stocks in diapers and Depends.

Schadenfreude on September 7, 2012 at 3:29 PM

That’s right Chrisitie, beat us by a couple of points in the presidential election and we liberty loving individualists will just throw in the towel and agree to be absorbed into the collective. We will agree to become subjects rather than free citizens. We will agree to be hosts to your party’s parasitic voters. We will come to understand that resistance really is futile and we will come to truly love Big Brother.

Charlemagne on September 7, 2012 at 3:30 PM

I can’t wait to watch MSNBC on election night. The meltdown is going to be epic.

The Count on September 7, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Chris Matthews:

You mean like John McCain? Yeah…. You showed Maverick a lot of love in 2008. (Sarcasm off)

Cubz_Fan on September 7, 2012 at 3:30 PM

tom daschle concerned on September 7, 2012 at 3:24 PM

A little less than it took to produce tingles.

antisocial on September 7, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Mitt Romney isn’t a moderate?

Matthews has become the Left’s and Obama’s delusional Renfield.

rrpjr on September 7, 2012 at 3:30 PM

There are alot of “rich people” who aren’t rich anymore.

forest on September 7, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Um… I’ve never considered Mitt Romney part of the “right-wing” of the GOP. Isn’t he a fairly moderate Republican?

Abby Adams on September 7, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Actually this is quite a dumb thing to say. I mean on the surface it sounds like he could be right. Obama is so bad that beating him should be easy. But if he wins it will ensure a whole new resurgence of conservatives. After Obama is done with another 4 years no one will ever want to vote democrat again.

The Notorious G.O.P on September 7, 2012 at 3:31 PM

I think we should put Chrissy on suicide watch, for his own good. Things are not going to go well for him when Obama loses.

Midas on September 7, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Bin Laden is dead, so is the economy.

faraway on September 7, 2012 at 3:32 PM

He’s right you know

If GOP can’t beat this hoax and he is a hoax completely created by smoke and mirrors the GOP is finished because at that point I’m out too

Conservative4ev on September 7, 2012 at 3:32 PM

I wonder what drug(s) Tingles takes to block out and escape from reality before each television appearance.

farsighted on September 7, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Abby Adams on September 7, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Many would say it is incorrect to call him a ‘moderate’, as well. He’s far more left-leaning than that, from within the context of the Republican party. IMO.

Midas on September 7, 2012 at 3:33 PM

And Chrissy, you’d be really rich were bullsh1t nickles.

Akzed on September 7, 2012 at 3:33 PM

If Obama Romney beats the rightleft-wing, they’re finished

In that case, I would, very hopefully, agree.

IrishEyes on September 7, 2012 at 3:28 PM

I’d tend to agree.

They’ve burned about a generation’s worth of bridges between getting Obama elected and pushing through ObamaCare.

If they lose, it’ll take a major swing back to the middle to win again, much like when Clinton won in ’92 by trying to be a centrist, as well as waiting for a new generation of voters who don’t remember how badly they screwed everyone by lying to them.

teke184 on September 7, 2012 at 3:33 PM

gatorboy on September 7, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Don’t know about a scorned lover but on November 7th the demand for an Obama cheerleader will be exactly zero, PMSNBC will drop from 10 viewers down to 2 and Matthews will be out of a job….I guess I’d be a little worried too.

repvoter on September 7, 2012 at 3:33 PM

The Notorious G.O.P on September 7, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Why another 4 years this current 4 years isn’t enough

Conservative4ev on September 7, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Remember back in 2008 (or was it early 2009?) when Chrissy was rhapsodizing about the momentous and unprecedented and historic election of Obama, dreaming out loud about all the wonderful times ahead — and saying that it was going to be his (and the other media’s) responsibility to make sure that Obama had a successful presidency?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Good work, Chrissy!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

AZCoyote on September 7, 2012 at 3:33 PM

There are sensually no moderates in the democrat party. They are almost all fascists now.

VorDaj on September 7, 2012 at 3:34 PM

essentially

VorDaj on September 7, 2012 at 3:35 PM

There’s that ‘the rich’ thing again from Tingles, as if he’s making minimum wage in the cottage industry of the MSM.

Liam on September 7, 2012 at 3:35 PM

The limpness that is Obama cant break ANYTHING only going to make the right stronger and stronger.

Tingles needs to saty away from sharp objects come Nov or borrow a handfull of Ambion from Brokaw.

TroubledMonkey on September 7, 2012 at 3:35 PM

that he thinks he can win this election and break these people on the right, the moderates will come back -CM

Republicans get in trouble for sying this.
CM, not a peep

Jabberwock on September 7, 2012 at 3:35 PM

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on September 7, 2012 at 3:29 PM

You won’t get any. Tune in on January 16, 2013 when the D.C. sheriff will bodily drag kicking and screaming Ogabe family out and peel all pilfered White House furniture and silverware outta their belongings.

Archivarix on September 7, 2012 at 3:35 PM

What he’s really saying is that if BO is defeated, he’s a goner.

Let’s face it. Matthews mission in life is to somehow assuage his liberal white guilt or to mate with Barry. Maybe both.

If he can’t save Barfy, what is to become of his career?

Cody1991 on September 7, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Matthews is rapidly approaching the point of becoming Keith Olberman.

I don’t care who he knows, or what he knows about his superiors, he’s becoming a serious liability to the network. When the balance of power shifts in Washington DC and it becomes crystal clear to management that the ratings are only falling and will never come back up without an ideological shift to the center, the management will be taking a long, hard look at who represents them.

I think as soon as R&R have won this election, Mr. Matthews may be looking at either cleaning up his rhetorical tirades, or retirement.

thatsafactjack on September 7, 2012 at 3:37 PM

The Syphilis has advanced to the later stages. It’s never pretty.

jukin3 on September 7, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I wouldn’t go that far, Jukin. His looks, demeanor and behavior suggest to me his having fallen off the Wagon with a thud some time ago.

paragon27x on September 7, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Comcast will have to clean house at MSNBC on Nov. 7th. All their on-air staff will need to be institutionalized.

kingsjester on September 7, 2012 at 3:38 PM

After the Democratic win in 2008, the pundits declared the end of the GOP, and that it would be years before Republicans would have a majority in either house of Congress.

It took only two years for that to change in 2010.

I hope the Democrats bank on Matthews’ prediction, and don’t expend any effort to campaign for their cause. WOuld be nice to catch them off guard again in November.

M2inOR on September 7, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Conservative4ev on September 7, 2012 at 3:32 PM

I agree. Never has a fatter opportunity for crushing the Left in far-reaching ways fallen into the GOP’s lap. And they’re squandering it. They’re not trying to defeat the Left at all. They’re trying to win a specific and non-ideological economic argument on a peninsula of the culture. They may do it. But it won’t mean they weren’t pitifully unequal to the moment, and a destitute excuse for a party.

rrpjr on September 7, 2012 at 3:38 PM

The malaria has eaten this guy’s brain out. Maybe he will have a stroke or something

kens on September 7, 2012 at 3:38 PM

He’s right. But is a permanent minority right wing supposed to just accept it or do they carve out their own nation?

If Obama wins again, America is the enemy.

Buddahpundit on September 7, 2012 at 3:38 PM

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on September 7, 2012 at 3:29 PM

First of all, there will likely be no concession speech. This is all planned by the donkey party elites. They want him to lose – they are now just trying to make sure the party doesn’t go down with Jugears.

Back to Chrissy the Sissy. He knows the truth but as a good dem drone, he simply flips it and runs it like a fact. As they say in Hollywood, there’s no such thing as bad publicity – there is only badly managed publicity (e.g., Charley Sheen).

The dems never thought Romney would be the nominee and they never thought Romney would be able to get the tea party behind him. Once it became clear that the tea party would not sit out the election, Jugears had to be tossed overboard in order to save the party.

Watch and see. Learn how the big dogs run. (clue – The big dogs don’t run unless there’s something to catch. Big dogs don’t chase cars.)

platypus on September 7, 2012 at 3:39 PM

There are sensually no moderates in the democrat party.
VorDaj on September 7, 2012 at 3:34 PM

I despise moderates no matter how sensual they are.

Akzed on September 7, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Matthews career should be a mandatory “Don’t be that guy” case study for all J-schoolers.

Christien on September 7, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Comcast will have to clean house at MSNBC on Nov. 7th. All their on-air staff will need to be interred institutionalized. kingsjester on September 7, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Akzed on September 7, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Hey, Chris! Here’s a job for you if you can shove BJ out of the way:

Obama: I should appoint Bill Clinton as ‘Secretary of Explainin’ Stuff’

Campaigning in New Hampshire today, President Obama suggested a new job for Bill Clinton, after Clinton’s widely lauded speech at the Democratic Convention.

Obama told the crowd he recieved an email after Clinton’s speech suggesting that he appoint Clinton as the “Secretary of Explainin’ Stuff.”

“I like that. Secretary of Explaining Stuff,” Obama said. “‘Splainin.’”

Obama also praised Biden for his “fired up” speech.

Cody1991 on September 7, 2012 at 3:41 PM

There are sensually no moderates in the democrat party.
VorDaj on September 7, 2012 at 3:34 PM
I despise moderates no matter how sensual they are.

Akzed on September 7, 2012 at 3:39 PM

lol

paragon27x on September 7, 2012 at 3:41 PM

By the way, the best way to beat the right-wing is to beat them. If he beats them in this election, they’re finished. And I think that’s the point. And the moderates will come back. And Jeb Bush will come back. And the people like Chris Christie will come back. The moderates will retake the party if you smash the right. I am talking what the President believes because he’s told people that, that he thinks he can win this election and break these people on the right, the moderates will come back and they’ll be able to negotiate …

I think that this effeminate Commie is dead-on. If The Commie wins this election, I think that this country, as we knew it, is finished. I think that it will become just another Socialist turd, waiting to do the swirl in the toilet flush of history.

I think that America is on the brink of disaster, and if that Commie wins, I think it will prove that there are more cockroaches, than worker bees.

And cockroaches breed, a lot.

OhEssYouCowboys on September 7, 2012 at 3:41 PM

If Obama wins I think we’re all finished.

Ukiah on September 7, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Midas on September 7, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Let’s not and say we did.

antipc on September 7, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I’d love to see Eastwood on Matthews’s show.

BuckeyeSam on September 7, 2012 at 3:43 PM

#IfObamaDontWin i say we try to build a new planet and all go live there

Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) September 07, 2012

bayview on September 7, 2012 at 3:44 PM

If Bambi wins we are all finished.
Still hard to believe so many stupid people will vote for him.

faol on September 7, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Thorazine and craft therapy.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on September 7, 2012 at 3:46 PM

It’s as if he was at Woodstock and only heard “…eat the brown acid.” The dude’s fallen tripped, and he can’t get up come down.

Christien on September 7, 2012 at 3:46 PM

The farther left progressives go, the more radical we get. Makes perfect sense. The more radical those “moderates” get, too.

cartooner on September 7, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Does he not realize that there is a significant overlap between very rich republicans and moderate republicans? He’s condemning them for being rich but praising them for being moderate. (I think he has it backwards)

BuzzCrutcher on September 7, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Obama: I should appoint Bill Clinton as ‘Secretary of Explainin’ Stuff’

“I like that. Secretary of Explaining Stuff,” Obama said. “‘Splainin.’”

Obama also praised Biden for his “fired up” speech.

Cody1991 on September 7, 2012 at 3:41 PM

LOL- he actually admitted this, like it was a good idea? LMAO.

What happened to the great communicator? The searing oration? He has to hide behind Bubba now to “‘splain” everything?

Just like a liberal, ‘I wasn’t getting the message out’, not that the premise didn’t completely suck or anything.

And when there is almost unanimous consent that Neil Kinnock gave a better speech than you last night, Urkel, it’s time to start packing for Hawaii.

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on September 7, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Let’s not and say we didn’t.

antipc on September 7, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Moar better.

Christien on September 7, 2012 at 3:48 PM

#IfObamaDontWin i say we try to build a new planet and all go live there

Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) September 07, 2012

Just going home for her.

Jabberwock on September 7, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Microsoft has already bailed on MSLSD. When Barky gets the boot in November then NBC likely will wean them off the teat. Then most of MSLSD’s laid off freaks will seek PBS and NPR for refuge and gummint cash. If R&R push to defund PBS and NPR then much of Old Media agit-prop will have lost venue.

When Barky loses expect a lot more Old Media anchors to quickly retire like Brokaw, Jennings or be fired like ratings-killer Couric or blatant fraud Dan Rather once his propaganda ploy was foiled for all the world to see. Decreasing income from the sinking smutcoms and game shows will no longer be sufficient to subsidize Old Media network “news.” Newsweak is underwater, as likely are Time, WaPo and NYT. Much of print news is barely running on fumes.

viking01 on September 7, 2012 at 3:49 PM

My cursor’s finger went right up Chrissy’s nose. Eeewww!

Akzed on September 7, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I really really do not like this man, I’m serious!
L

letget on September 7, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Literally?

The Rogue Tomato on September 7, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I despise moderates no matter how sensual they are.

Akzed on September 7, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Glad you reminded me of this. haha

paragon27x on September 7, 2012 at 3:50 PM

#IfObamaDontWin i say we try to build a new planet and all go live there

Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) September 07, 2012

bayview on September 7, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Some one really needs to convince her that it’s possible…

When’s the next comet coming???

BigWyo on September 7, 2012 at 3:50 PM

If we cannot beat this marxist fraud in a landslide, then we deserve the thousand years of darkness that will follow.

Robert Jensen on September 7, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Eastwood would represent the Hardballs, while Chrissie would represent the Soft no balls.

BuckeyeSam on September 7, 2012 at 3:43 PM

FIFY

viking01 on September 7, 2012 at 3:50 PM

I am cautiously optimistic about Obama being voted out, but let’s look at the future if Obama would win:

The Republicans likely have the House and win the Senate this November.

The Obama victory is the thinnest of margins, so there is no mandate.

We will have even more gridlock.

Obama will try more unconstitutional power grabs through EOs and unlegislated bureaucracies and then the constitutional crisis will be out in the open. It could be very ugly.

More Republicans victories await in 2014 because we have the redistricting spoils for the most part.

Yes, Chris, you fear an Obama loss, but a two-term Obama could utterly devastate the Democrat Party. Obama’s threats to go around Congress is why I fear a second Obama term, but I do not fear the death of the conservative movement in anyway.

mwbri on September 7, 2012 at 3:50 PM

November 6, 9:15 pm: Chris Matthews is fired from MSNBC for calling the American voters M—- F—- in a live broadcast.

Vashta.Nerada on September 7, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Eastwood would represent the Hardballs, while Chrissie would represent the Softballs. BuckeyeSam on September 7, 2012 at 3:43 PM

I think Clint would be the Louisville Slugger and Chrissy would be the ball.

Akzed on September 7, 2012 at 3:51 PM

viking01 on September 7, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Lies just don’t pay off like they used to.

Robert Jensen on September 7, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Way to motivate that conservative base, Chris.

TheLastBrainLeft on September 7, 2012 at 3:56 PM

The Republicans likely have the House and win the Senate this November.

The Obama victory is the thinnest of margins, so there is no mandate.

We will have even more gridlock.

mwbri on September 7, 2012 at 3:50 PM

No but I fear the the death of Amerika

Conservative4ev on September 7, 2012 at 3:56 PM

The only other person who has more anal foam for Barack Obowma…

… is Barney Frank.

Seven Percent Solution on September 7, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Dear Chris,

With 49% of the country not paying any federal taxes and all of those are lower income earners, how exactly are the rich having it easy? If you pay ZERO in fed taxes while the rich pay 36%, isn’ itt the non taxpayers that have it easy?

dthorny on September 7, 2012 at 3:56 PM

It’s going to be bad for whichever party loses this election.

If Romney loses, there will be deafening shouts of “no more RINOs” and demands for Reince Priebus to be fired. And then the 2016 free-for-all will start, with 10 people at least entering the fray. It’s difficult to imagine the GOP Congress maintaining unified opposition to Obama for another four years, and there will certainly be leadership fights in both House and Senate.

But the recriminations will be much worse for the Dems if Obama loses. Obamabots will blame Bill Clinton, or Debbie Blabbermouth, or Valerie Jarrett, or David Axelrod, and they’ll all be persona non grata for a while. The Clintonistas will have a field day, blaming Obama for going to far left and blowing their majorities in Congress. And, they have NO bench for 2016. Nancy Pelosi will retire and there will be a leadership vaccuum in the House.

rockmom on September 7, 2012 at 3:57 PM

When he completely loses it and explodes I hope it’s on tape.

kim roy on September 7, 2012 at 3:24 PM

…he JUST hasn’t EXPLODED yet!

KOOLAID2 on September 7, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Obama: I should appoint Bill Clinton as ‘Secretary of Explainin’ Stuff’

“I like that. Secretary of Explaining Stuff,” Obama said. “‘Splainin.’”

Obama also praised Biden for his “fired up” speech.

Cody1991 on September 7, 2012 at 3:41 PM

LOL- he actually admitted this, like it was a good idea? LMAO.

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on September 7, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I thought Jay Carney was Secretary of Explainin’ Stuff.

Bitter Clinger on September 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM

paragon27x on September 7, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Senator and Mrs. Joe Blutarsky (D) DE.

Akzed on September 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM

LOL- he actually admitted this, like it was a good idea? LMAO.

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on September 7, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Yep. He’s too ignorant to realize what he said.

When a sitting president has to rely on a former president (or anyone else) to defend him and explain his policies it should tell voters everything they need to know.

BO should never have been president. He doesn’t have the resume, the skill set, to deal with the job even during good times. Asking for another four years and not being able to defend his record is every reason to get rid of him.

Clint is right!

Cody1991 on September 7, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Also, if Romney loses, the GOP has a redoubt in the state capitals and can use the very popular GOP governors to reassert state sovereignty and challenge Obama everywhere. If they refuse to implement Obamacare it will collapse. Rick Perry will keep taking everything the EPA does to court. I can see Bob McDonnell going ahead and authorizing offshore drilling, and other energy-state governors doing the same, and daring Obama to stop them.

rockmom on September 7, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Bin Laden is dead, so is the economy.

faraway on September 7, 2012 at 3:32 PM

…ha! lol!…I’m going to use that!
New Biteme Bumper Sticker!

KOOLAID2 on September 7, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Dole, George Bush, McCain and Romney. Wow, that sure is one extreme party we’ve got there.

Fred 2 on September 7, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Chris Matthews is the #1 lunatic at the MSNBC Insane Asylum.

pilamaye on September 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Conservative4ev on September 7, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Yup. Absolutely hear you and agree. The constitutional crises that would ensue would be ugly. Rockmom’s comment is good in describing how the fight would continue in the event of a second Obama term–the death of America is not a foregone conclusion–but I don’t even want to go there. Let’s win November 6th.

mwbri on September 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM