Video: MK & Kelly talk DNC Day Two, Obama redux

posted at 8:37 pm on September 6, 2012 by Mary Katharine Ham

Kelly Maher of Revealing Politics and I sit down to talk DNC Day Two on a beautiful, rain-free Charlotte night. Is there anything Obama can actually do to change the race? Will he deliver when it comes to big speech time or is it a myth that he always delivers at big speech time? Did Bubba transport us to 1996, in both spirit and unfortunate fashion?

Sorry for the obnoxious commercials. As we do this in the future, we’ll likely upgrade to spare you:

Video streaming by Ustream

Comments

…BJ Clinton see them?

KOOLAID2 on September 6, 2012 at 8:40 PM

on a beautiful, rain-free Charlotte night.

Fascist.

Bishop on September 6, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Love these two!

Sasha List on September 6, 2012 at 8:41 PM

…I’m in love!

KOOLAID2 on September 6, 2012 at 8:42 PM

I hope Kelly is not related to Bill.

8 weight on September 6, 2012 at 8:42 PM

John effing Kerry AKA Lurch is on!! He was in Vietnam, ya know.

Sasha List on September 6, 2012 at 8:44 PM

What a magnificent view!

And the skyline was nice too :-)

MJBrutus on September 6, 2012 at 8:46 PM

…I’m in love!

KOOLAID2 on September 6, 2012 at 8:42 PM

With Charlotte??

I agree…

Electrongod on September 6, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Looks like Kerry’s had some botox to the forehead. It’s not moving at all!

Sasha List on September 6, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Hawtness squared!!!

TXUS on September 6, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Looks like Kerry’s had some botox to the forehead. It’s not moving at all!

Sasha List on September 6, 2012 at 8:55 PM

The vacuum behind Lurch’s eyebrows has something to do with it.

viking01 on September 6, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Video’s not working right for me. After a few minutes the screen froze, but the MK and Kelly audio kept going. But you really need the video. It crapped out after mention of Sandra Fluke a few minutes in. Coincidence? Also Kelly is kinda cropped half in half out here and there.

I loved your first video. It’s funny to contrast liberals and conservatives. You guys made humble observations about the DNC convention, in a humorous way, backed up heavily with facts and details. And a pair of liberal women would be screaming slogans and acting like what they believe is the most important thing in the world. You believe what you believe but understand others may differ. You have a perspective about yourself, with enough self-awareness to see yourself as others might see you.

Paul-Cincy on September 6, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Video stops after a while. Near the end, it skip right to the end. So something’s not right.

MrX on September 6, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Yeah, the discussion cuts out, skips around, and is unintentionally abbreviated. Some kind of damaged video.

BCrago66 on September 6, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Sorry for the glitches. We’re working in low-production values at the moment, but when we’re both back home, we’ll go to a more professional podcasting style. Thanks for your patience!

Mary Katharine Ham on September 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Why the long face, Senator?

CycloneCDB on September 6, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Cool. Liked the 1st video; look forward to the 2nd one.

BCrago66 on September 6, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Freezes for me too. Abruptly ends with a “sign off”. Do these 2 need a producer?

KenInIL on September 6, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Kelly Maher

I’m not watching it out of principle. And fear. It’s peaceful, and I hope to keep the peaceful going by not watching the DNC coverage. So I can just tell you that that capture of this “Kelly Maher” person makes her look both crazy and up to no good.

i.e., perfect.

I hope she smirked evilly at some point in the video.

Axe on September 6, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I’ll bet they thought the Democrats were stupid.

Alpha_Male on September 6, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Sorry for the obnoxious commercials?!? How about cutting out the full screen ads that I have to click through just to view an article. Bad form Hot Air.

navogel on September 6, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Two things.

First I have an old mac G5 powerpc. your live stream works fine. About the only thing on the net that still does.

Second item. Is MK and Kelly a new team. I hope not. Between Kelly’s eyes and MK smile, my wife of 46 years doesn’t stand a chance.

jpcpt03 on September 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM