Dem convention, night three: Savior of mankind to explain where it all went wrong

posted at 6:41 pm on September 6, 2012 by Allahpundit

Here’s the schedule. Tonight’s show began at 4:30 p.m. ET, but things don’t really start rolling until “Barack’s Angels” formally bestow Hollywood’s benediction sometime between 7:30 and 8. Then comes Caroline Kennedy to remind America that what you think is the sun is really just Teddy’s angelic smile, shining down from heaven upon The One’s good works; then Eva Longoria and careerist loser Charlie Crist; and then John Kerry, who once lost a presidential election in part due to flip-flopping, who’s going to try to get away with a line like this.

After that comes our garrulous moron of a VP to explain how Romney’s gon’ put y’all back in chains (Democrats have pushed him out of primetime in favor of Dick Durbin) and then, at long last, the man of the hour. If you’re wondering how far the goalposts have moved, Joel Pollak summarizes Clinton’s message last night elegantly:

“Yes We Can” became “No One Could Have” – Americans should not, Clinton urged, be disappointed in President Obama for failing to achieve the great things he promised in his soaring speeches–or even the bare minimum that we had expected. It was never actually possible, given the state the country had been in. “No president–not me or any of my predecessors could have repaired all the damage in just four years,” Clinton said.

That excuse is not only an acknowledgement of failure, but an admission of fraud. If he had not promised to do more, and to be more, than any other politician, Barack Obama would not only have lost the election in 2008–he would also have lost the primary to his rival, Hillary Clinton. At the time, Bill called Obama’s rhetoric what it was: a “fairy tale.” Today, Clinton is a willing accomplice to Obama’s bait-and-switch confidence game.

Quite so. I like Timothy Carney’s formulation too:

Read Philip Klein to refresh your memory of what that 20x entailed. The golfer-in-chief is going to ask for a mulligan tonight because, as it turns out, slowing the rise of the oceans wasn’t something his superpowers were able to handle. (Almost no one at the convention is talking about the oceans these days.) Even the Onion can’t resist marking the occasion by goofing on his ridiculous overpromising. Quote:

With the 2012 Democratic National Convention now under way in Charlotte, Beltway observers are reporting that the mood inside the Time Warner Cable Arena remains spirited and optimistic, despite a noticeable lack of the delusional, completely-out-of-touch-with-reality magic that characterized the event four years ago…

“Obviously, people are never going to be seized by the exact same patently bullshit sense of destiny they were last time around, but I would like to see this convention have at least a little more of the totally deceptive electricity we saw in Denver,” convention attendee David Lowell said. “I think maybe in the next day or two people will really start to build up to moronically thinking real change is finally on its way.”

Political analysts have said that if Obama wants to regain momentum, he must use the 2012 convention to reproduce the spirit of unexamined and wholly unearned confidence that propelled millions of deluded young people to the polls in 2008, and must persuade those who voted for him four years ago that their sad, childlike trust was not misplaced.

Here’s your thread to track this year’s ridiculous overpromising, which apparently will include a section on entitlement reform. If that sounds familiar, it should. While we wait, via BuzzFeed, here’s a video trip down memory lane for the only man in America who likes Obama more today than he did four years ago. I’ll leave you with this from ABC, a strong candidate for headline of the year after 42 months of 8+ percent unemployment:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 20 21 22 23 24 25

Candy Crowley is figuring out how she is going to stick to Mitt…LOL.

d1carter on September 6, 2012 at 11:38 PM

But I think The Other Guy was there.

Who is John Galt on September 6, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Didn’t he speak for an hour or so last night?

Or was that just some dude that since one of his deals…

Gingotts on September 6, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Breitbart always said our biggest enemy is not the Dems…it is the media. That is who will have to defeat.

d1carter on September 6, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I thought he said something more like they were one and the same. But anyway, yes, we must see the liberal media as our enemy as much as progressivism and this malicious halfwit president.

The liberal media is worth an easy ten points to democratics in national elections.

slickwillie2001 on September 6, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Did you really think America could last forever?

Lanceman on September 6, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Perhaps not. However, I never dreamed a doofus like this would be able to tear her apart so quickly…with the assistance of all society’s takers.

I dream of a November shellacking!

freedomfirst on September 6, 2012 at 11:39 PM

And airhead Kirsten Powers just said she thinks Biden’s speech was better than Obama’s?

stukinIL4now on September 6, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Literally?

malclave on September 6, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Yes, she did! And I think Joe Trippi said it, too. Go figure.

stukinIL4now on September 6, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Obama just gave his farewell address.

MJBrutus on September 6, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Screw the debates, skip em, Obama is toast, don’t give him air time

El_Terrible on September 6, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Tell me again why people lacked confidence that he’d fill a 70,000 seat stadium?

rogerb on September 6, 2012 at 11:40 PM

22044 on September 6, 2012 at 11:33 PM

I’m certain he’s an old-school, strong foreign policy Dem.

Ben Hur on September 6, 2012 at 11:40 PM

This just arrived in my email from MoveOn.org. Dig the subject line:

Subject: How it felt the first time

Just grab some lube and bend over… You’ll get used to it.

And no, I did not bother reading beyond the subject heading.

Gingotts on September 6, 2012 at 11:40 PM

The “4 more years” was tepid, very tepid.

Bishop on September 6, 2012 at 11:40 PM

EVERYONE should have just voted for Ron Paul.

GW_SS-Delta on September 6, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Cody1991 on September 6, 2012 at 11:37 PM

July 13? Was that the day he said “you didn’t build that?”

22044 on September 6, 2012 at 11:41 PM

scrubjay on September 6, 2012 at 11:38 PM

that’s a joke…right? funny, but gross

r keller on September 6, 2012 at 11:41 PM

When you’ve lost libfreeordie, you’ve lost the election.

Right Mover on September 6, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I’m with you. As a ball player, I “got” Barry because you could see his competitiveness instantly.

budfox on September 6, 2012 at 11:38 PM

What the hell are you talking about? Competitiveness? My a$$! That fvck is a lazy-assed bastard who’s had his path cleared for him his entire life.

Be it via affirmative action, fellow travelers ( Axeldilrod, etc.) or the media.

Lanceman on September 6, 2012 at 11:41 PM

EVERYONE should have just voted for Ron Paul.

GW_SS-Delta on September 6, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Ok, I will. After I drink a fifth of crazy.

Corporal Tunnel on September 6, 2012 at 11:41 PM

What’s with the sick sexual jokes about Fluke and Mrs. O. You guys looking to validate the war on women meme?

newtopia on September 6, 2012 at 11:27 PM

And validate it with who’s party that elected a President that was accused of sexual assault AND cheated on his wife with an intern in the Oval Office?

Not to mention wasn’t even willing to “Man Up” and admit it when he was supposed to and because he LIED about it in court, was disbarred for 2 years?

Or are you talking about the Senator that left a woman to die in a car, but was continually nominated and voted into office, again by YOUR party…?

You mean, THAT “war”?

Pick your talking points with care, my friend…

BlaxPac on September 6, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Bill Clinton struck the blow the ended Barky’s quest. The lefties would pay dearly to have him back and everyone knows it, including TFGRP.

Bishop on September 6, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Is there anybody who could deny the clear ambiguity of the shouts of “four more years” last night? Bubba knew it. As skilled of a liar as he is and you could still read it in his face.

Gingotts on September 6, 2012 at 11:42 PM

First, lol Bishop
So so, pedestrian.
Lol the most exciting orator of our time?
It’s been almost four years since I suffered through an Obama speech.
I HOPE I will nto have to endure it again,
Much love to my colleagues at Hotair.com
I am worn out by this is experience and not in a good way.

seesalrun2 on September 6, 2012 at 11:42 PM

He is a raging communist. Why half the country doesn’t see this…why he’s still occupying the White House is stunning to me. It’s like the old political thrillers I used to read… the ones with the Manchurian Candidate.

freedomfirst on September 6, 2012 at 11:26 PM

That would explain why he didn’t appear to give a s*** about the national debt.

Paul-Cincy on September 6, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I love his belief that allowing people to keep more of their own money “costs” the government trillions of dollars.

Cindy Munford on September 6, 2012 at 11:37 PM

That comment particularly struck me as well. Cyndi Lauper’s song “True Colors” comes to mind when I think about what Zero said tonight.

freedomfirst on September 6, 2012 at 11:43 PM

This was a friendly crowd, the debate against Mitt will be a bloodbath for Barky. How can he defend himself when the casual numbers he tosses out are going to be directly refuted?

Seriously, the man seems like he’s just checked out and that gives me the heebies.

Bishop on September 6, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Not necessarily. The liberal media will make the rules and the debate commission will just go along. They will set the format to insulate little Bammie from any real ‘debate’.

Same question asked of each candidate, X minutes to respond, no opportunity to address each other.

If that’s not enough, they also choose the topics.

slickwillie2001 on September 6, 2012 at 11:43 PM

It’s funny I just read Michelle’s lips when she hugged him after the speech. She says “you ok baby? ”

Like it was a retirement speech

Conservative4ev on September 6, 2012 at 11:43 PM

EVERYONE should have just voted for Ron Paul.

GW_SS-Delta on September 6, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Right after He77 freezes over, and all the little devils are playing Ice Hockey.

Ok, I will. After I drink a fifth of crazy.

Corporal Tunnel on September 6, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I think someone just drank the bar dry… ^-^

BlaxPac on September 6, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Cody1991 on September 6, 2012 at 11:37 PM

July 13? Was that the day he said “you didn’t build that?”

22044 on September 6, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Yep. He really lit a fire with that one.

Cody1991 on September 6, 2012 at 11:43 PM

I dream of a November shellacking!

freedomfirst on September 6, 2012 at 11:39 PM

1. From bondage to spiritual faith;

2. From spiritual faith to great courage;

3. From courage to liberty;

4. From liberty to abundance;

5. From abundance to complacency;

6. From complacency to apathy;

7. From apathy to dependence;

8. From dependence back into bondage ”

- Alexander Tyler

Lanceman on September 6, 2012 at 11:44 PM

My normally “full of liberal’s posting their BS” facebook feed is strangely silent tonight.

Bwaaaaahaaaaahaaaaa.

mattshu on September 6, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I only caught the last 10 minutes since I was out at a friend’s birthday dinner, but the crowd reaction seemed odd to me. Very forced. Almost as if there were “applause” and “standing ovation” signs flashing periodically.

Doughboy on September 6, 2012 at 11:44 PM

What was the official I, ME, count tonight?

tom daschle concerned on September 6, 2012 at 11:44 PM

It will take a while to sink in for the media…

He Tanked!!!

freedomplow on September 6, 2012 at 11:44 PM

stukinIL4now on September 6, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Literally?

malclave on September 6, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Yes, she did! And I think Joe Trippi said it, too. Go figure.

stukinIL4now on September 6, 2012 at 11:39 PM

They can’t sandbag, Barry. Tonight.

Their jobs are to represent the liberal voice. When it’s over, Trippi will come clean. He’s a smart guy.

budfox on September 6, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Gingotts on September 6, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Compare the shouts given to Clinton with those for Bark, they weren’t even close in energy or enthusiasm. The ‘rats are looking at Mondale again and they know it.

Bishop on September 6, 2012 at 11:45 PM

So I was out and missed it all. Anything special? Simpson-Bowles? Good speech? Flop?

Mark1971 on September 6, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Wanna know what the morning of Nov. 7 is going to be like? Go read the #ifobamadon’t win Twitter hashtag trending right now. Obama’s America, it ain’t pretty.

Rational Thought on September 6, 2012 at 11:45 PM

You know it was a flop when MSNBC has completely quit talking about it and are back to Mitt Romney Mitt Romney Mitt Romney Mitt Romney.

Marcus on September 6, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Obama Tanked… Everybody knows it… Bill Clinton isn’t running again.

freedomplow on September 6, 2012 at 11:46 PM

When he’s on that last helocopter ride from our white house, I hope the flight plan is to GITMO.

dirtengineer on September 6, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Question and I may have missed it so no disrespect.
What happened to the A listers. Scarlett and Natalie?
Did their handlers dig in or did it happen?

seesalrun2 on September 6, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Rachel Maddow looking at the floor when talking. Yeah, she’s a happy camper.

It sucked.

Marcus on September 6, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Andrea Mitchell even hates the speech.

sentinelrules on September 6, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Like it was a retirement speech

Conservative4ev on September 6, 2012 at 11:43 PM

He knows it’s over and he rethinking his whole socialist/keynsian policies…

This can weigh a lot on a person if you have to change your whole life thinking…

MGardner on September 6, 2012 at 11:48 PM

EVERYONE should have just voted for Ron Paul.

GW_SS-Delta on September 6, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Ok, I will. After I drink a fifth of crazy.

Corporal Tunnel on September 6, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Some of my FB friends just can’t give up the ghost in regards to RP. I just don’t know how hard it is to figure out that, well, we have a thing called primaries, and their guy didn’t win that. Now we have either Obama or Romney. Pick one.

pianomomma on September 6, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Where does Drudge get those pictures?

SouthernGent on September 6, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Bishop on September 6, 2012 at 11:45 PM

So, now we’ll get a chance to see how Mondale would have done as the incumbant in an election.

Benedict Nelson on September 6, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Every time TFGRP has given a speech the media jackalopes fall over themselves in ecstasy as they proclaim it the greatest oration ever, each one surpassing the last in awesomeness.

Now…NOW…it’s almost as if Bark didn’t even give a speech.

Bishop on September 6, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Marcus on September 6, 2012 at 11:45 PM

How is Chris Matthews leg?

TarheelBen on September 6, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Bwaaaaahaaaaahaaaaa.

mattshu on September 6, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Same here. Thank GOD.

Fighton03 on September 6, 2012 at 11:48 PM

My liberal friends have said NOTHING on the speech on Facebook :)

thebrokenrattle on September 6, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Steve Schmidt is such a tool. Such a tool. I bet MSNBC loathes having him there. You can hear the liberals changing the channel.

Marcus on September 6, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Best democrat convention speeches ever… Except Obama’s.

freedomplow on September 6, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Not good for Obama & leftists – when so many leftist pundits hated his speech.

But – We. Can’t. Get. Cocky.

22044 on September 6, 2012 at 11:50 PM

What was the official I, ME, count tonight?

tom daschle concerned on September 6, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Might take a few days to tally that.

stukinIL4now on September 6, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Now…NOW…it’s almost as if Bark didn’t even give a speech.

Bishop on September 6, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Tree in the wilderness?

Fighton03 on September 6, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Obama… Forward… Except backward to Bill Clinton!

freedomplow on September 6, 2012 at 11:50 PM

July 13? Was that the day he said “you didn’t build that?”

22044 on September 6, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Yup…absolutely best bday present I got this year was Obama sticking his foot in his mouth and killing his re-election hopes. :D

Mark1971 on September 6, 2012 at 11:45 PM

As Krauthammer put it: the most empty speech he had ever heard on national TV before…petty…partisan…worthless. Other than that he loved it. lol

Highlar on September 6, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Chris’ leg is fine. David Broder said his got tingly.

newtopia on September 6, 2012 at 11:51 PM

My liberal friends have said NOTHING on the speech on Facebook :)

thebrokenrattle on September 6, 2012 at 11:49 PM

None of mine either, but one of my conservative friends said “it was an inspiring speech.” He’s a preacher though, so maybe he was getting some delivery tips.

pianomomma on September 6, 2012 at 11:51 PM

This is what I have taken away from Obama’s speech. Pleeeeaaasse reelect me. Even though I have no specifics on what I am going to do, I do know that we all have to work together, pull up our boot straps, hunker down and, Lord willing (please don’t boo me for that), we will somehow get this country moving in the right direction.
Obama – “Truth is, it will take more than a few years for us to solve challenges that have built up over decades,” Over decades? I know if feels like he’s been president for decades but what is he talking about? Just another example of his hidden agenda. He thinks that this country needs the government to restructure our entire way of life because he is not happy with America, not proud of our accomplishments, and is ashamed of our history.

bandutski on September 6, 2012 at 11:51 PM

I thought my Facebook blocked most of my friends’ updates. One praising Eva Longoria somehow made it through the block. Damn.

22044 on September 6, 2012 at 11:51 PM

How is Chris Matthews leg?

TarheelBen on September 6, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Tingling. Ed Shultz, Andrea Mitchell, Chris Hayes un-tingling and just want to go back to Romney bashing.

Marcus on September 6, 2012 at 11:51 PM

He’s just creepy. Really, really creepy.

SouthernGent on September 6, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Nope its not getting better. And no people I have no been hacked and I’m still voting for him. But I can tell a bad delivery when I see one. This speech has no center, its pillar to post, its at a friggin fever pitch, it feels like he’s the challenger. WHAT?!? Its not Presidential, its not ideological its, frankly, partisan. It also seems totally and completely unrehearsed. What the frack. THIS. IS. BAD.

libfreeordie on September 6, 2012 at 10:58 PM

You don’t have to you know?

Listen I am not pretending to be your buddy, I hate your beliefs. I respect you enough to let you know that Mitt Romney ain’t the demon you’re shopping and if you want full lunatic socialism you have to build the party for that like I have to get harder conservatism buddy. You got Barack elected by conning the DLC democrats into coming home through a mix of racial sleight of hand and media collusion but you NEVER REALLY made your sale and now your internals the “real polls” suck.

You sneak him in somehow and he wrecks this country you will either have to rule by blood or be out of power for 16 years.

Romney was moderate enough for Boston bud.

You can come over to the dark side.

H

harlekwin15 on September 6, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Doughboy on September 6, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Some of the lack of enthusiasm in the crowd may have been due to all the praise little Bammie (and Biteme) laid on our armed forces for their sacrifice, and commitments to take care of them as veterans. (No mention of his plan to make them pay for their own healthcare insurance.)

The lefties in attendance had to hate that stuff, they are the same types that spit on Vietnam veterans, in fact maybe some of them actually are the same people.

slickwillie2001 on September 6, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Krauthammer was priceless in reviewing Ogabe’s dictum.

tom daschle concerned on September 6, 2012 at 11:52 PM

You can only keep up a pretense so long. Lawrence Eagleberger publically called him a charlatan long before he was elected and many of us saw it then.

kenny on September 6, 2012 at 11:52 PM

22044 on September 6, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Maybe even the invisible FB machine has seen the light, and has turned on the “only important” filter tonight.

pianomomma on September 6, 2012 at 11:53 PM

LMFAO!!! First post on FB from the Lib side :

“We got home at the end of John Kerry’s speech. What speeches did I miss?”

Not sure if I should burst her bubble.

Fighton03 on September 6, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Lanceman on September 6, 2012 at 11:41 PM

He’s competitive as hell, just as W and Palin were. Just as Romney and Ryan are. Romney and Ryan are the first, though, that seem to have a perspective on where that competitiveness should be concentrated. Obama never did.

I’ve never thought he was lazy, just arrogant.

If following your gut instincts gets you to the White House, how could you ever learn to second-guess yourself?

He did what he always did, and when the moment came to show some self-awareness, 2009-2010, he didn’t have it in him.

Now, he seems like he’s lost. That’s freaky-deaky to me, because it says he no longer trusts his instincts.

budfox on September 6, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Bishop on September 6, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Couldn’t stand to listen to the clod, so I’m only catching bits and pieces from the analysis, but from what I have seen I have to agree.

All of the energy Clinton may have pumped into the room – that wasn’t dithered away when he went 20 minutes too long – appears to have been deflated thoroughly, when the libs were forced to face who their candidate really is.

If I think there was one iconic image of this convention, it was with Clinton last night. As usual “Don’t Stop” kicks in as he finishes the speech that his fans loved and everybody else slept through. The applause dies down just in time for him to be seen standing there (awaiting Barry’s photo-op) as the music plays “yesterday’s gone, yesterday’s gone..”

Gingotts on September 6, 2012 at 11:53 PM

So Chrissie Tingles claims that if Obama wins it’s the end of conservatives … somebody’s a little turned around here. It’s more like the Dooms are doomed if Romney wins.

stukinIL4now on September 6, 2012 at 11:53 PM

He’s just creepy. Really, really creepy.

SouthernGent on September 6, 2012 at 11:51 PM

They’re the bunker personnel, Gent…

the DLC is no selling him because he is 5-7 points down I suspect

harlekwin15 on September 6, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Time magazine idiot said Obama has the advantage and knows he doesn’t have to really say anything controversial in his speech. WHAT

Conservative4ev on September 6, 2012 at 11:54 PM

My liberal friends have said NOTHING on the speech on Facebook :)

thebrokenrattle on September 6, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Mine either. It’s bizarre. Last night I saw a ton of things about Clinton’s…NOTHING tonight.

changer1701 on September 6, 2012 at 11:54 PM

My liberal friends have said NOTHING on the speech on Facebook :)

thebrokenrattle on September 6, 2012 at 11:49 PM

We must have the same friends because mine haven’t posted anything at all. Last time it was all : Hell ya! And That’s what I’m talking about !

Tonight?

Crickets…

GadsdenRattlers on September 6, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Here’s the thing…

There is more excitement for the new Iphone (released on 9/12) than there is for Obama.

sentinelrules on September 6, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Sorry, didn’t mean to quote myself a few comments back.

pianomomma on September 6, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Highlar on September 6, 2012 at 11:50 PM

I had returned from vacation and was really tired, so it didn’t register with me for a while. I processed it gradually and was like, “WHAT?!”
And the day before, the Freeh Report on Penn State had been released so I was reading all about that.

22044 on September 6, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Bishop on September 6, 2012 at 11:45 PM

It’s going to be interesting to see how BO handles the next two months. They’re going to be very long ones for him. Despite what people say about Mitt he’s persistent and used to the fight. He seems to handle criticism well unlike his opponent.

We may be looking at a complete meltdown soon.

Cody1991 on September 6, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Conservative4ev on September 6, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Obama is cornered.

He needs a lower UE3 tomorrow. Helicopter Ben needs a High UE3 to launch QE3 tomorrow. Spin both for me.

harlekwin15 on September 6, 2012 at 11:55 PM

CNN FOCUS group of independents were not excited about this speech. Most just didn’t believe him…

sentinelrules on September 6, 2012 at 11:56 PM

That was not the talk a fighter gives before the big night. That was the retirement speech.

^this. He phoned it in.

Who is John Galt on September 6, 2012 at 11:57 PM

How is Chris Matthews leg?

TarheelBen on September 6, 2012 at 11:48 PM

wet…..

Fighton03 on September 6, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Conservative4ev on September 6, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Snort! I heard that. He looked pretty tense but knows his role.

d1carter on September 6, 2012 at 11:57 PM

When he’s on that last helicopter ride from our white house, I hope the flight plan is to GITMO.

dirtengineer on September 6, 2012 at 11:47 PM

It will be…

to pardon…

Electrongod on September 6, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Here’s the thing…

sentinelrules on September 6, 2012 at 11:54 PM

LOL

MGardner on September 6, 2012 at 11:57 PM

They are trying to blame his crap speech on incumbency…

freedomplow on September 6, 2012 at 11:58 PM

No plan, no substance – and NO BALLOONS

TarheelBen on September 6, 2012 at 11:05 PM

By tomorrow, the viral hit of youtube will probably be one of the Hitler parodies, with his staff breaking the bad news to him that there isn’t time to get balloons.

BTW, Billy Jeff seems to have quietly done quite a job mind-f$cking Barky. Of course, you could say that his boffo speech contrasting with Barky’s loser was just an ugly coincidence, but (in Rush’s words) “where the Clintons are concerned, there are no coincidences”.

bofh on September 6, 2012 at 11:58 PM

sentinelrules on September 6, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Krauthammer said he was going to lose indies from this speech

Conservative4ev on September 6, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Another jobs report coming in about 8.5 hours. Likely won’t be good either.

22044 on September 6, 2012 at 11:59 PM

dirtengineer on September 6, 2012 at 11:47 PM
It will be…

to pardon…

Electrongod on September 6, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Or so Obama will think. He will be absolutely dumbfounded when the guards there make him put on an orange jumpsuit and escort him to a cell.

Benedict Nelson on September 6, 2012 at 11:59 PM

22044 on September 6, 2012 at 11:55 PM

What I remember from hearing that speech was I was sitting down with some of my cake…heard him say that…and literally jumped up going “WHAT did he just say?!?!”

Highlar on September 7, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Obama is cornered.

harlekwin15 on September 6, 2012 at 11:55 PM

No worries, the ECB is going to perpetually buy bad from Spain…

MGardner on September 7, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Did they have any balloons?

Paddington on September 7, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Here’s the thing…

sentinelrules on September 6, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Hell there’s more excitement for that hokey looking Christmas Story sequel than there is for SCOAMF

Gingotts on September 7, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Politico’s Ben Smith on Obama’s speech:

“Oba-meh”

sentinelrules on September 7, 2012 at 12:01 AM

So from those who actually watched, do you think Obama could get a negative bounce from the convention?

Mark1971 on September 7, 2012 at 12:01 AM

How come liberals don’t have kids???

These guys are going to become extinct…

MGardner on September 7, 2012 at 12:01 AM

All I keep thinking is

Down goes Frazier! Down goes Frazier!

mattshu on September 7, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Wait – Natalie Portman backed out?

Priscilla on September 7, 2012 at 12:01 AM