DNC video: “Government is the only thing that we all belong to”; Update: Not our video, says Obama campaign

posted at 7:30 pm on September 4, 2012 by Allahpundit

Yes, rest assured, Romney and the GOP are already working on ads about this. It’s the GOP that cut the clip and circulated it, in fact. Mitt himself evidently can’t wait to get started:

People are going to follow Romney’s lead and seize on the word “belong” but that’s only half the problem. Even if Democrats had chosen a phrase that didn’t connote ownership, like “participate in” (Obama’s preferred turn of phrase when pushing this idea is “doing things together”), this is still a creepy, spurious justification for expanding government. As Yuval Levin recently explained in NRO:

The president simply equates doing things together with doing things through government. He sees the citizen and the state, and nothing in between — and thus sees every political question as a choice between radical individualism and a federal program.

But most of life is lived somewhere between those two extremes, and American life in particular has given rise to unprecedented human flourishing because we have allowed the institutions that occupy the middle ground — the family, civil society, and the private economy — to thrive in relative freedom. Obama’s remarks in Virginia shed a bright light on his attitude toward that middle ground, and in that light a great deal of what his administration has done in this three and a half years suddenly grows clearer and more coherent, and even more disconcerting.

Again and again, the administration has sought to hollow out the space between the individual and the state. Its approach to the private economy has involved pursuing consolidation in key industries — privileging a few major players that are to be treated essentially as public utilities, while locking out competition from smaller or newer firms. This both ensures the cooperation of the large players and makes the economy more manageable and orderly. And it leaves no one pursuing ends that are not the government’s ends. This has been the essence of the administration’s policies toward automakers, health insurers, banks, hospitals, and many others.

How psychologically impoverished must you be to find validation in “belonging” to a government? You’re forced to “join,” your “dues” are typically squandered on stupid, wasteful projects, half of the other members are perpetually at your throat, and the whole thing is shot through with corruption at every level. It’s essentially the world’s biggest and worst union (and worst in part because it’s biggest). In fact, didn’t we just spend an entire week listening to the left’s friends in the media tell us how racist Republicans are? Why would any liberal want to belong to a group with people like that in it? This rhetoric is pure communitarian garbage, designed to inculcate some perverse civic pride in the ideas that (a) government will continue to grow and usurp your choices and, more importantly, (b) you need to pay more “dues,” even though government’s already so big that realistically there’s no amount you could pay to make it sustainable. Loathsome.

Update: Someone’s nervous.

An Obama aide emails that the Charlotte host committee, not the Obama campaign, produced the video:

“The video in question was produced and paid for by the host committee of the city of Charlotte. It’s neither an OFA nor a DNC video, despite what the Romney campaign is claiming. It’s time for them to find a new target for their faux outrage.”

That’s super. Now how do they explain the “doing things together” rhetoric?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Question Authority!!!!

I haven’t seen those stickers so much now that Obama is in office….
hmmmm.

CW on September 4, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Questioning authority when it’s wielded illegally by our first half-black President is RAAAAACIST!!!!

wildcat72 on September 4, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Welcome to the USA, circa 2012, JPeterman.

Schadenfreude on September 4, 2012 at 8:08 PM

The government cup runneth over.

BobMbx on September 4, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Sorry about my tone, guys and gals. When I read this article I got so red faced ANGRY that I could have passed for Cherokee, unlike Lizbeth Warren.

wildcat72 on September 4, 2012 at 8:09 PM

I’m sure that Obama’s base wants to hear that they are wards of the state and that all they can ever depend on is some more of Uncle Sugar. How INSULTING.

/Who is running this circus?

Key West Reader on September 4, 2012 at 8:09 PM

They’ll scratch out God, sell out Jerusalem, and proclaim Government as the true union…

…in one day.

And then deny it.

That really is amazing.

budfox
on September 4, 2012 at 7:42 PM

It’s just this movement gaining momentum.

listens2glenn on September 4, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Classic Liberalism IS Conservatism today.

The people who call themselves liberals are actual fascist authoritarian murderers.

wildcat72 on September 4, 2012 at 8:05 PM

And is ridiculed, daily, in these quarters.

Taxed
Enaugh
Already

We are free people. Molon labe.

Schadenfreude on September 4, 2012 at 8:10 PM

The government cup runneth over.

BobMbx on September 4, 2012 at 8:08 PM

My wallet runneth out. What happens when I fall into food stamps? Who will take care of me?

Key West Reader on September 4, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Is this “we all belong to government” statement from the DNC a trap?

I can’t believe they’d make it this easy: is this designed to lure the right in the some sort of Flukish ambush?

MidniteRambler on September 4, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Okay, well, they’ve tricked me into posting it:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.–That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, –That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government…

de rigueur on September 4, 2012 at 8:11 PM

/Who is running this circus?

Key West Reader on September 4, 2012 at 8:09 PM

The people who want to be in charge of “the wards of the state”.
Oh, and uhhhh . . . . . . Hi.

listens2glenn on September 4, 2012 at 8:12 PM

DNC video: “Government is the only thing that we all belong to”

This was not an accident. These conventions are scripted and all speeches (except for Bubba’s) and presentations reviewed and vetted. This didn’t just slip through the cracks, this is really the message they want to send. Marxism, pure and simple. This is not the DNC, this is the PCNC (Peoples’ Communist National Convention).

This will make a great bumper sticker though:

Government belongs to me!
I don’t belong to the Government!

We the People indeed.

AZfederalist on September 4, 2012 at 8:12 PM

From “You didn’t build that” to “Government is the only thing we all belong to” the stupid sure runs strong in today’s Democrap party.

JimK on September 4, 2012 at 8:12 PM

I’m going to go and watch MamaObama tell me how to shop for groceries and how to feed my child.

Because I don’t know how to do these things without MamaObama.

FUBO

Key West Reader on September 4, 2012 at 8:12 PM

They screwed the pooch this time. If “You didn’t build that” don’t get them, this will. Even if we were running a card-carrying RINO, we can win this. Wait a minute! We are running a card-carrying RINO. We’ll just have to beat that RINO stuff out of him after we drag him across the finish line.

Alabama Infidel on September 4, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Judaism’s most holy prayer is the Sh’ma.
It says: Hear O’ Israel
The Lord Our God.
The Lord is one.

The Lord is one-not the government is one.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 4, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Key West Reader on September 4, 2012 at 8:10 PM

The future looks a lot like the “Hunger Games”. Not to worry, Mooch and Barry will have all the Wagyu, cream, and lobster they can eat in their “palace” though.

wildcat72 on September 4, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Remember when Biden say “they want to put y’all back in chains”?

He was projecting.

PappyD61 on September 4, 2012 at 8:13 PM

This Catholic (real version, not democrat) feels the need to pray:

Hail Mary, full of grace.
Our Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Please God, deliver us from Obama.

wildcat72 on September 4, 2012 at 8:14 PM

This is the first time I have ever been truly scared of a possble election result.

tbrickert on September 4, 2012 at 7:56 PM

I remember last election, not knowing much about Teh One, and so thinking, “Maybe it won’t be so bad.”

This time around, I know him and I know it can be worse than we have imagined.

So, I am scared too.

Jvette on September 4, 2012 at 8:14 PM

The Lord is one-not the government is one.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 4, 2012 at 8:12 PM

I knew you were an evil “Zionist”. . . : )

listens2glenn on September 4, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Deliver us from evil, Lord. Let these people come to the bad end they so richly deserve. Amen

Naturally Curly on September 4, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I find that offensive. I do not belong to government. This is about as bad as you didn’t build that remark. Who do these people think they are?

Ellis on September 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM

“Government is the only thing that we all belong to”

Un-frikken-believable.

petefrt on September 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM

A meltdown of epic proportions is happening to the Donks and a momentous landslide win for Romney/Ryan is building to a crescendo!

I love the smell of liberal desperation – it smells like victory!

pos4thst on September 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Elections aren’t going to fix this.

Dack Thrombosis on September 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM

“You are belong to us”.
– the CPUSA Democrat Party

Cody1991 on September 4, 2012 at 8:19 PM

I wouldn’t belong to any organization that would have me as a member.

trigon on September 4, 2012 at 8:20 PM

I’m not sure what this means. Does it mean I belong to the government as in it owns me, like I own my dog? Or does it mean I belong to the government as in I’m on the membership roll, like I belong to my church? Either way it’s bizarre and I’m not sure which is worse.

It’s this kind of thing that makes me think about moving out to the middle of nowhere and getting completely off the grid. If I had any survival skills, that is.

Not that I’m paranoid or anything.

Bennett on September 4, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Elections aren’t going to fix this.

Dack Thrombosis on September 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Dire implication, there.

listens2glenn on September 4, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Government worship is the core of the democrat party.

This should be tweeted / linked all across every social media there is.

It’s like it’s 1776 all over again and our Ruling class is acting like King George III.

Heh, but today King Barack I has to face something the pudgy monarch didn’t……the voters.

PappyD61 on September 4, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Government worship is the core of the democrat party.

This should be tweeted / linked all across every social media there is.

PappyD61 on September 4, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Government is their god.

wildcat72 on September 4, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Ellis on September 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Yes, the more you think about that slogan, the worse it gets.

We own this country. Government employees are employed by us. The government works for us.

petefrt on September 4, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Elections aren’t going to fix this.

Dack Thrombosis on September 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Dire implication, there.

listens2glenn on September 4, 2012 at 8:21 PM

What is inevitable if a majority of the population are parasites who won’t work for their own food who demand and vote for government cheese? Who are determined to keep voting themselves free government cheese off the backs of the dwindling producer who can’t vote their favored party out?

Exactly.

wildcat72 on September 4, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Ellis on September 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM

We ALL find it offensive.

These people genuinely believe they are the saviors of the WORLD.

listens2glenn on September 4, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Elections aren’t going to fix this.

Dack Thrombosis on September 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I’m afraid you’re right. No matter how the elections go, we will still have about half the country wanting what Obama is selling. I had no ideal there is so much demand for snake oil.

Alabama Infidel on September 4, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Best to you and family, Key West Reader.

Schadenfreude on September 4, 2012 at 8:27 PM

it truly is an extremely odd video. Very few people like meetings…what they showed was people in meetings, no doubt socializing, ruminating on very important stuff…and then finally arriving at a consensus…which is where most people get so tired they throw in the towel, an say ‘whatever’…just get me out of this meeting

but then what, they’ve decided…an then what?

in the leftist dreams the committee of the People will then instruct other people to what? build a bridge?…but wait, the iron workers weren’t in the meeting…so that would not be legitimate. No?

so many problems, so much vapidity.

r keller on September 4, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Alabama Infidel on September 4, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Which is why the only PERMANENTLY sustainable welfare program is called “Work or STARVE”.

wildcat72 on September 4, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Dire implication, there.

listens2glenn on September 4, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Exactly.

wildcat72 on September 4, 2012 at 8:23 PM

I’m going to keep praying that it doesn’t come to that, but I’m as ready as I can be if it does.

listens2glenn on September 4, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Having been handed the ball the Repubs better run with it.

Some philosophies are incompatible with liberty. Bad.

TheGarbone on September 4, 2012 at 8:29 PM

listens2glenn on September 4, 2012 at 8:29 PM

We are LOCKED on that course unless we get REAL hope and change!

Sad but true.

Let’s face it, the producer won’t be enslaved forever to the parasite. He’ll either quit or he will rebel.

wildcat72 on September 4, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Something tells me the Dems already know that most people already know who they will vote for, and now they are just trying to get the youth vote motivated with a lot of “government will take care of you” crap.

If I’m right then they must realize they are in real trouble on Nov 6. They are going for broke on socialism, the last security blanket for the weak and scared.

goflyers on September 4, 2012 at 8:31 PM

The Democrats or whatever they are, are sick. I belong to no government, to the contrary the government belongs to the people. They are beginning to show their true colors which are distasteful and emit a repulsive stench.

rplat on September 4, 2012 at 8:32 PM

goflyers on September 4, 2012 at 8:31 PM

The only thing government ever takes care of is itself.

I am not content to exist on bare subsistence at the will and whim of a government and the willingness of producers to provide it.

I am an AMERICAN. I work for a living. I want what I work for. No more, no LESS!

wildcat72 on September 4, 2012 at 8:33 PM

rplat on September 4, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Thread winner.

listens2glenn on September 4, 2012 at 8:34 PM

wildcat72 on September 4, 2012 at 8:28 PM

For even when we were with you, we used to give you this order: if anyone is not willing to work, then he is not to eat, either. 2 Thessalonians 3:10 New American Standard Bible (©1995)

davidk on September 4, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Schadenfreude

Thanks. OK

Key West Reader on September 4, 2012 at 8:40 PM

All your citizen belong to us

Zaggs on September 4, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Liked the speech by the NARAL woman.

Abortion is awesome and needs to be free.

And you best pay for every woman’s contraception. Or else.

Rinse and repeat about 5 times.

The woman sat next to me said, honestly WTH is this?

CorporatePiggy on September 4, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Liked the speech by the NARAL woman.

Abortion is awesome and needs to be free.

And you best pay for every woman’s contraception. Or else.

Rinse and repeat about 5 times.

The woman sat next to me said, honestly WTH is this?

CorporatePiggy on September 4, 2012 at 8:40 PM

I wouldn’t pay for any of those women’s dinners.

Which means for damn sure I won’t NEED contraception with them. So why should I pay for that too?

wildcat72 on September 4, 2012 at 8:43 PM

As a great statesman from the state of Illinois once said “that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.”

Zaggs on September 4, 2012 at 8:44 PM

They like to use the term “global community” as the domain of the UN, world court, etc. So I guess the US government isn’t the only thing we all belong to, from their perspective. I bet they have a simple solution for that bit of dissonance.

Buddahpundit on September 4, 2012 at 8:45 PM

We don’t belong to the government. The government belongs to “We the People.”

Learn it, totalitarian nutters!

Resist We Much on September 4, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Buddahpundit on September 4, 2012 at 8:45 PM

I will FIGHT rather than obey anything not beholden TO the US Constitution.

wildcat72 on September 4, 2012 at 8:47 PM

The focus groups for this Obama/DNC messaging has to be an interesting bunch.

Rndguy on September 4, 2012 at 8:49 PM

wildcat72 on September 4, 2012 at 8:43 PM

The literal glorification of abortion is simply bizarre.

As for demanding free contraception for everyone forever. Well, that’s how far they’re willing to admit to what is THEFT.

Atlas Shrugged was like this. Eventually the looters just started giving the producers the finger and saying, fork it over. Now. All of it. Or else.

CorporatePiggy on September 4, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Folks it really is gonna take a civil war to fix things.

bgibbs1000 on September 4, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Yep. Been saying that since 2000. After the Al Gore shenanigans and the subsequent
behavior by the Left-Tards through out W’s two terms.

And not just a civil war either, but a stripping of Statehood for all Blue States and a full
on purge of the activist Left at every level of society. Blue States will need to be reeducated
back to Conservatism an earn Statehood all over again.

tbarleycorn on September 4, 2012 at 8:51 PM

The literal glorification of abortion is simply bizarre.

CorporatePiggy on September 4, 2012 at 8:50 PM

And they have NO ANSWER when we finally are backed to the wall and say, “Ok, ELSE!”

wildcat72 on September 4, 2012 at 8:51 PM

“Just 47 percent of registered voters in the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll see Obama favorably overall, down 7 percentage points from his recent peak in April, while 49 percent rate him unfavorably. He’s numerically underwater in this group for the first time since February.

THE DECLINE HAS OCCURRED ENTIRELY AMONG WOMEN REGISTERED VOTERS – from 57-39 percent favorable-unfavorable in April to a numerically negative 46-50 percent now. That’s Obama’s lowest score among women voters – a focus of recent political positioning – in ABC/Post polls since he took office.”

Psst! In case you didn’t get the memo, not all of us vote with our vajayjays!

Resist We Much on September 4, 2012 at 8:51 PM

The literal glorification of abortion is simply bizarre.

CorporatePiggy on September 4, 2012 at 8:50 PM

It is one of the sacred rites of the Church of Progressivism.

Resist We Much on September 4, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Psst! In case you didn’t get the memo, not all of us vote with our vajayjays!

Resist We Much on September 4, 2012 at 8:51 PM

A-effing-MEN!

annoyinglittletwerp on September 4, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Psst! In case you didn’t get the memo, not all of us vote with our vajayjays!

Resist We Much on September 4, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Given that women are genetically wired to desire to HAVE babies, is anyone surprised that the Sandra Fluke/Margaret Sanger cult of debauchery and death isn’t universally appealing?

wildcat72 on September 4, 2012 at 8:54 PM

It’s sad, really, that liberals think so little of themselves….that they have such low self-worth and confidence that they would subscribe to such a belief.

tdpwells on September 4, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Well now they really are giving us straight up Marxism now, aren’t they? Between this and the DNC’s god-free platform, it should be blindingly obvious to everyone.

rockmom on September 4, 2012 at 8:58 PM

tdpwells on September 4, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Those who believe themselves capable of nothing will accomplish exactly that.

Except the Millenials onward have been taught that they ARE achieving greatness when they do nothing, hence their trophy case full of trophies for nothing…

Sad to be of Gen X. I am between my parents (boomer hippies) who f’ed it all up, and the millenials, who are the sheep like end product OF what my parents created. Why is there some hope for us X’ers? We were the LAST GENERATION influenced by the GREATEST GENERATION (our grandparents). And I sure was…

wildcat72 on September 4, 2012 at 9:00 PM

We don’t belong to government, the government belongs to us.

I think this is what Clint Eastwood was trying to say. And, in fact, this is what our founding documents were saying as well.

LilyBart on September 4, 2012 at 9:02 PM

I belong to God and the Democrats decided to leave him off their platform.

The Dems finally found a god they could worship—Barack Obama.

Can the Democrat party possibly get more dispicable?

bailey24 on September 4, 2012 at 9:03 PM

These people are completely tone deaf — and I’m not going to complain about that. I hope they keep talking and talking and talking about the government owning us, ALL of us. It’s saving Romney a lot of money for ads in the swing states.

Rational Thought on September 4, 2012 at 9:03 PM

As Ronald Reagan said:
“We are a nation that has a government — not the other way around.”

markrose1957 on September 4, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Who owns you

BDU-33 on September 4, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Who owns you

BDU-33 on September 4, 2012 at 9:05 PM

I own me.

I’d like to thing God has a claim too.

Obama doesn’t own the only thing I CAN pull out of my ass…

wildcat72 on September 4, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Okay, well, they’ve tricked me into posting it:

de rigueur on September 4, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Okay, I’ll play.

Serious philosophical question: Does “among” men mean that all men (i.e. persons) then “belong” to the government?

And if “yes,” can this government be said to retain only those powers that are just, and does it have the consent of the governed?

This is not a trivial question.

Hawkins1701 on September 4, 2012 at 9:07 PM

This time around, I know him and I know it can be worse than we have imagined.

So, I am scared too.

Jvette on September 4, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I was already scared last time.

UnderstandingisPower on September 4, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Team Romney already has it on the facebook page. With the “We don’t belong to government, the government belongs to us” superimposed over an american flag.

Zaggs on September 4, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Allah, you really should stop holding back. Tell us how you really feel. :-)

Right now, my lefty friends on FB are squealing with communitarian delight. Ugh.

Physics Geek on September 4, 2012 at 9:09 PM

this is dear leader’s convention…own it buddy….own it

cmsinaz on September 4, 2012 at 9:11 PM

I was already scared last time.

UnderstandingisPower on September 4, 2012 at 9:07 PM

All you had to do to know that Barry Hussein Soetoro was Hugo Chavez in blackface back in 2008 was to PAY ATTENTION to what he had “written”, done, and said!

Unfortunately America was in the throes of “Black President or BUST!” mode, no matter what he said or did…

Let’s hope we learned from that.

NEVER elect anyone for the color of his skin. Do it for the content of his CHARACTER!

wildcat72 on September 4, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Testing

Solaratov on September 4, 2012 at 9:17 PM

“The video in question was produced and paid for by the host committee of the city of Charlotte. It’s neither an OFA nor a DNC videoAn Obama aide emails that the Charlotte host committee, not the Obama campaign, produced the video…”

Sorry Team O, this fact-checker gives that a “pants on fire” rating…

rcpjr on September 4, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Obama didn’t build this video.

Hawkins1701 on September 4, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Are you asking me to believe that Obama didn’t review and approve the video showing at his convention? The Nazis or al qaeda could have walked up and presented a video there, I guess.

Buddahpundit on September 4, 2012 at 9:23 PM

“Under the contract signed with the DNC”

Talk about parsing words around here…

The fact is the DNC puts the Charlotte Committee on CONTRACT and they have to abide by a set of rules.

Their job is specified as follows

“…to have ownership of this convention and help fulfill the President’s vision for moving the country forward and winning the future…”

Faux outrage???? NOT HARDLY!!!!

Varchild on September 4, 2012 at 9:23 PM

If they’ve blamed everyone else for what’s happened to the entire country for the past four years we shouldn’t expect them to take responsibility for a few minutes of video.

Mark1971 on September 4, 2012 at 9:24 PM

ROMNEY-RYAN-AKIN.

But hey, that’s not our video.

Mark1971 on September 4, 2012 at 9:25 PM

They think us STUPID to think that there is some sort of difference between the Host Committee and the DNC establishment.

The Host Committee produced a video to “Help fulfill the President’s Vision.”

There can be no doubt here this video was to convey who Barack Obama is….period….

If the DNC objected to this video it never would have seen the light of day.

Varchild on September 4, 2012 at 9:26 PM

I call TOTAL BS on the update. Are they really going to claim the campaign did NOT vet that video before it ran? So their defense is…incompetence? barack has been doing that a lot lately. Let me guess: Their oversight of the convention was…incomplete?

Rational Thought on September 4, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I want to see President Obama HIMSELF denounce the video!!

Until then…. HE OWNS THE VIDEO!!!!

Varchild on September 4, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Can the Democrat party possibly get more dispicable?

bailey24 on September 4, 2012 at 9:03 PM

They advocate leaving newborn babies to die.

That should answer your question.

UnderstandingisPower on September 4, 2012 at 9:33 PM

By Thursday evening they will be claiming that the convention was actually a Republican event.

JimK on September 4, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Obama campaign manager to the sponsor of the commercial: Hey, you can’t tell people we really think that way!

Minnfidel on September 4, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I was already scared last time.

UnderstandingisPower on September 4, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Let’s hope we learned from that.

wildcat72 on September 4, 2012 at 9:12 PM

That’s why I was scared because I HAD read, knew what he had done, and what he really wanted to do!

UnderstandingisPower on September 4, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Well said, and loathsome it is. Øbama, Pelosi, Reid, et al. have fundamentally transformed the Democrat party into the enemy of America as we know it.

petefrt on September 4, 2012 at 9:38 PM

In 1992 I was told by a DNC employee “You WILL be assimilated.”

So this is what they meant.

Kungfoochimp on September 4, 2012 at 9:42 PM

petefrt on September 4, 2012 at 9:38 PM

And all we need to do to DEFEAT them is have a Republican party that RECOGNIZES that the democrat party IS the enemy of America!

The democrats DECADES ago recognized that the Republicans are ALL that stands between them and their communist utopia…

wildcat72 on September 4, 2012 at 9:42 PM

So, what happens if you don’t want to ‘belong’?

Cody1991 on September 4, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Government “re-education” camps for us, so they can get our MINDS right…

So that we forget God, country, and Constitution and worship the Kenyan dog-eating “articulate” teleprompter-reader, and of course man made global warming.

wildcat72 on September 4, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Nice to know there’s so much teamwork and coordination going on with the DNC host committee in Charlotte. More of the same from Team Obozo and the clueless liberals.

Philly on September 4, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Santita Jackson blames the system. Great. It’s the system. Who is in charge of the system, Santita? It ain’t George Bush.

Philly on September 4, 2012 at 9:55 PM