Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on September 2, 2012 by Allahpundit

U.S. intelligence analysts watching for indicators of Israeli military action recently reported that there are signs the Jewish state plans an attack against Iran in October.

The Obama administration, meanwhile, is preparing to provide logistical support for a military strike but is pressing Israel to delay any action until the administration’s policy of sanctions have had more time to work, and that any attack would be put off until after the November presidential election…

Any Israeli military attack is expected to be carried out with little or no warning, which has meant stepped up monitoring of Israel by U.S. intelligence agencies for all indicators of an impending attack.

***

Israel’s prime minister on Sunday urged the international community to get tougher against Iran, saying that without a “clear red line,” Tehran will not halt its nuclear program…

“The [new UN] report confirms what I have been saying for a long time – the international sanctions are burdening Iran’s economy, but they are not delaying the development of the Iranian nuclear program,” Netanyahu said.

***

Iran dramatically increased its production of a more enriched form of uranium in recent months, U.N. inspectors reported Thursday, suggesting that the country’s nuclear facilities were ramping up their output even as Iran’s leaders engaged in international negotiations on possible curbs to its nuclear program…

The report, based on routine monitoring of Iran’s nuclear facilities, documented a sizable jump in Iran’s stockpile of uranium enriched to 20 percent, a level that can be converted relatively easily to the more highly enriched uranium needed for weapons. The report said Iran has 255 pounds of uranium enriched at 20 percent, up from 159 pounds in May.

But the IAEA also found that Iran had converted much of the new material to metal form for use in a nuclear research reactor. Once the conversion has taken place, the uranium can’t be further enriched to weapons-grade material, Obama administration officials said.

***

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu got into a diplomatic shouting match with US Ambassador Dan Shapiro over US President Barack Obama’s handling of Iran’s nuclear program, saying “time has run out” for diplomacy, Yediot Aharonot cited a source as saying on Friday…

A source that participated in the meeting said that a particularly angry and stressed Netanyahu began a tirade against the US president, attacking him for not doing enough on Iran. “Instead of pressuring Iran in an effective way, Obama and his people are pressuring us not to attack the nuclear facilities,” the source quoted Netanyahu as saying…

The American ambassador is said to have responded politely but firmly, telling Netanyahu that he was distorting Obama’s position. Obama promised not to allow Iran to obtain nuclear weapons, he explained, and left all options on the table, including military options.

***

Seven months ago, Israel and the United States postponed a massive joint military exercise that was originally set to go forward just as concerns were brimming that Israel would launch a strike on Iran’s nuclear facilities. The exercise was rescheduled for late October, and appears likely to go forward on the cusp of the U.S. presidential election. But it won’t be nearly the same exercise. Well-placed sources in both countries have told TIME that Washington has greatly reduced the scale of U.S. participation, slashing by more than two-thirds the number of American troops going to Israel and reducing both the number and potency of missile interception systems at the core of the joint exercise.

“Basically what the Americans are saying is, ‘We don’t trust you,’” a senior Israeli military official tells TIME…

In the current political context, the U.S. logic is transparent, says Israeli analyst Efraim Inbar. “I think they don’t want to insinuate that they are preparing something together with the Israelis against Iran – that’s the message,” says Inbar, director of the Begin-Sadat Center for Strategic Studies at Bar-Ilan University. “Trust? We don’t trust them. They don’t trust us. All these liberal notions! Even a liberal president like Obama knows better.”

***

A senior [Israeli] government official on Saturday characterized as “strange” a recent statement by US military chief Gen. Martin Dempsey that he would not want to be “complicit” in an Israeli attack on Iran.

“Dempsey’s comments are strange in that they would seem to contradict the continual statements from the White House that the security and defense cooperation between Israel and the US has never been as close,” the senior official said…

Amid the disagreements between Jerusalem and Washington over whether Iran needed to be stopped before it had acquired all components for a bomb (Israel’s position), or only once it started putting the bomb together, [Israeli intel chief Dan] Meridor said US President Barack Obama’s statement that he was committed to preventing Iran from getting a bomb, and would not be satisfied by containment of a nuclear Iran, needed to be taken seriously.

***

Israel’s vice prime minister Moshe Yaalon said on Friday he feared Iran did not believe it faced a real military threat from the outside world because of mixed messages from foreign powers.

“We have an exchange of views, including with our friends in the United States, who in our opinion, are in part responsible for this feeling in Iran,” he told Israel’s 100FM radio station.

“There are many cracks in the ring closing tighter on Iran. We criticize this,” he said, also singling out U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon for travelling to Tehran this week.

***

“There is definitely a narrative in the media right now – I’d say an overheated one – about tension between the US and Israel over Iran,” [U.S. ambassador Dan] Shapiro said, adding that this narrative does not “reflect the very close coordination and very intense work we’ve done together to address an issue that we perceive the same way, which is the importance of preventing Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons.”

Asked why the US did not give the Iranians a clear ultimatum – stop the nuclear program “or else” – Shapiro replied: “I think there is no mistaking what the US is prepared to do.” Shapiro said that Obama and Netanyahu, as well as their “teams,” speak regularly, and that the relationship “at the top” is “just what it needs to be.”

***

Mr. Dayan’s assessment seems to buttress the theory that the collective saber rattling is part of a campaign to pressure the Obama administration and the international community, rather than an indication of the imminence of an Israeli strike. Many analysts here believe that hawkish statements by Mr. Netanyahu and Mr. Barak this spring led to the harsher sanctions now in place, and that this is essentially Round 2…

While Mr. Netanyahu and Mr. Barak have been criticized as “messianic” in their thinking on the Iranian nuclear issue and are widely viewed as ready, if not eager, to take military action to stop it, Mr. Dayan said they would prefer that the United States led any attack, even if that meant waiting until after the November presidential election. But “they have to make the decision whether to strike or not before November,” he said, so they need to hear from Mr. Obama “in the coming two weeks, in the coming month.”

***

Almost four years into their partnership, the two most important players — Bibi and Barack — still seem out of whack with one another both personally and on some key policy issues.

What’s happening here? I’ve got a pretty simple diagnosis: Netanyahu’s policies and suspicions about American intentions have combined with Obama’s seemingly emotionless view of Israel to spell trouble. The absence of a common enterprise makes matters worse.

The Iranian challenge might still provide a grand reunion between the two parties. But if history is any guide, serious clashes between Israeli prime ministers and American presidents are not resolved by reconciliation but by the departure of one or the other. That may mean we’re in for an extended period of turbulence: I’m betting that in this case, both Bibi and Barack may be around for the long haul.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

I do not feel one upped, I pray every day for the USA I know what a disaster this has been. I look forward in 20 to 30 years to reading books, honest books about how this happened. How such a radical ideologue who deep down loves America’s enemies, and is totally at odds with everything America stands for in every way – became President of the United States.

saus on September 2, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Easy to explain in three words – ACORN voter fraud

PolAgnostic on September 3, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Fallon, will you be sharing any photo essays of the trip?

Bmore on September 3, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Hmmm… I suppose I could add an Alaskan Chapter to the cooking blog. I don’t know how the pics turned out haven’t looked at the photos yet. Sometimes I *clicked* the camera and sometimes I just tried to enjoy the scenery and commit it to memory.

Fallon on September 3, 2012 at 12:06 AM

burrata on September 2, 2012 at 11:59 PM

LoLz..:)

Dire Straits on September 3, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Some liberal host on NPR just called Condaleeza Rice a war criminal. Said her RNC speech was a touching story how a girl from the segregated south can eventually become a war criminal.

Mormontheman on September 2, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I think it was the host of something called le show.

Mormontheman on September 3, 2012 at 12:08 AM

My hope is that it can wait until a more favorable President can be sworn in. Fingers crossed.

Bmore on September 2, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Evening, B.

By January everything will be in hardened locations beyond the reach of Israel’s conventional weapons … and most of ours.

The military has a new bunker buster but does not have enough of them to take out all the locations necessary.

We do have nuclear bunker busters but I don’t see those being used except as retaliatory counter strikes.

PolAgnostic on September 3, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Easy to explain in three words – ACORN voter fraud

PolAgnostic on September 3, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Kind of like this?

Wolfmoon on September 3, 2012 at 12:09 AM

The trip was a 30th Wedding Anniversary present. I
Fallon on September 3, 2012 at 12:03 AM

congrats. had my 30th just last month. welcome to the club.

renalin on September 3, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Oh, I gotta get switched back to Central time… G’night.

Happy Empty Chair Day, tommorrow!

Fallon on September 3, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Dire Straits, QOTD song, Trust.

Bmore on September 3, 2012 at 12:11 AM

When The Bullet Hits the Bone

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:11 AM

congrats. had my 30th just last month. welcome to the club.

renalin on September 3, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Thank you, congrats to you, too, G’night Bmore, Dire, renalin and the Hot Air singers and dancers!

Fallon on September 3, 2012 at 12:12 AM

saus on September 2, 2012 at 11:51 PM

You’re an optimist.

Cleombrotus on September 3, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Fallon on September 3, 2012 at 12:06 AM

I understand that take completely. If you do, be sure to let us know, would love to see. ; )

Good Night Fallon, Pleasant Dreams and Welcome Back!

Bmore on September 3, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Fallon on September 3, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Goodnight, Fallon. Congratulations! Great to have you back! Sleep well! :)

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:13 AM

saus on September 2, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Well said. I’ll pray that you’re able to read those books some day, too.
But, I’ll settle for peace (and life) for your country and its people, and a return to sanity for mine.

RedCrow on September 3, 2012 at 12:15 AM

PolAgnostic on September 3, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Evening PolAgnostic, Heres to hoping 300 or so of these will get it done. If need be. *clink!*

Bmore on September 3, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Radar Love

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Radar Love

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:18 AM

That was a great year for good tunes!

4Grace on September 3, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Good Night All.

Bmore on September 3, 2012 at 12:22 AM

4Grace on September 3, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Good evening, 4Grace! Long time no see! Good to see you again! How about a little Bad Company next? :)

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:23 AM

That was a great year for good tunes!

4Grace on September 3, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Dang it lovely and talented one. Missed you again. ; ) xo

Bmore on September 3, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Bmore on September 3, 2012 at 12:22 AM

STAY! 4Grace just arrived! :)

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Bmore on September 3, 2012 at 12:22 AM

SO SORRY I MISSED YOU, B! Goodnight & sweet dreams. :)

4Grace on September 3, 2012 at 12:24 AM

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:23 AM

It’s always nice to have a little Bad Co. over to the house. ;)

4Grace on September 3, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Feel Like Makin’ Love

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Dang it lovely and talented one. Missed you again. ; ) xo

Bmore on September 3, 2012 at 12:24 AM

4Grace on September 3, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Bmore on September 3, 2012 at 12:22 AM

LOL! Well…you DID cue up ‘Should I Stay or Should I Go’! Goodnight, B! Sleep well. :)

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:27 AM

4Grace on September 3, 2012 at 12:27 AM

So you’ve been gone awhile. We’ve missed you. Hope it wasn’t ALL work. :)

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Feel Like Makin’ Love

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Well I did but the water in your pool was so cold I had an embarrassing shrinkage problem.

SparkPlug on September 3, 2012 at 12:30 AM

I’ve been listening to a little Paul Simon.

(I seem to be having connection issues. Dang interwebz!)

4Grace on September 3, 2012 at 12:31 AM

SparkPlug on September 3, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Oh! So sorry, Spark! Let me just turn the heater up… just for you!:)

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:31 AM

4Grace on September 3, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Ok I admit it, I missed you. You can hurl a cabbage at me and I won’t even duck. As long as its a napa cabbage and not one of those bowling ball cabbages.

SparkPlug on September 3, 2012 at 12:32 AM

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Excellent tune!..Classic..:)

Dire Straits on September 3, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Bad Company

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:33 AM

4Grace on September 3, 2012 at 12:25 AM

I agree!..:)

PS..Good evening!..:)

Dire Straits on September 3, 2012 at 12:33 AM

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:26 AM

listening to a litte the kills http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkEwk7wZVV8 fitting called “last day ofmagic”

date of video. 2008 of course.

renalin on September 3, 2012 at 12:33 AM

SparkPlug on September 3, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Yikes, the George Costanza kind? How ya doin, SP?

How’s the A-List life since you’ve been wearing the new shirt???

4Grace on September 3, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Dire Straits on September 3, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Yeah.. I always got along with Bad Company. :)

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Bmore on September 3, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Very nice!..:)

Dire Straits on September 3, 2012 at 12:35 AM

So you’ve been gone awhile. We’ve missed you. Hope it wasn’t ALL work. :)

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Mostly, but that’s OK. Beats not having work. ;)

How is life in OK?

4Grace on September 3, 2012 at 12:35 AM

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Now you’re talking. Your heater will get my motor running’. I’ll be slipping dollar bills into your fancy new swim suit. You know, to cover the cost of the extra electricity of course. Hehe.

SparkPlug on September 3, 2012 at 12:35 AM

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:34 AM

LoLz..I consider them very good friends!..:)

Dire Straits on September 3, 2012 at 12:36 AM

4Grace on September 3, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Mostly good…mustn’t grumble. :)

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:36 AM

SparkPlug on September 3, 2012 at 12:32 AM

I actually just got back from rehab. It was intense. “Hi, my name is Grace and I’m a vegetable thrower.” I think I’m cured, Spark. I haven’t so much as flicked a pea in days.

4Grace on September 3, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Dire Straits on September 3, 2012 at 12:36 AM

LOL! Yeah…I had a feeling we hang around with the same group! :)

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Considering the behind the scenes bickering internal to the Administration over the OBL green light, I think we are guaranteed the SCOAMF is going to Efff things up in a really big way.

Israel is likely to strike before the November election as a means of keeping the SCOAMF from openly trying to stop them.Gee, I wonder how the SCOAMF would react to Israel using nukes first?

PolAgnostic on September 2, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Now see, I just don’t follow your logic. Netanyahu is nobody’s fool. Plus, he and Romney have known each other personally for many years, and have a good friendship. Netanyahu also would know dead certain whether a President Romney would have his back in an attack against Iran. From what little I’ve heard from Romney on middle east issues, it sure seems he’d be 100% pro-Israel.

Therefore, it makes zero sense to me why Israel would attack Iran before the election, knowing full well that SCOAMF is a back-stabbing b*stard, who many believe is in full sympathy with the enemies of Israel, and WOULD act overtly to stop Israel from attacking. What am I missing?

Harbingeing on September 3, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Slow Ride

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:39 AM

PS..Good evening!..:)

Dire Straits on September 3, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Good evening to you, Dire! Always a pleasure to see you.

P.S. Great entrance tonight. Good piece of stagecraft there. :)

4Grace on September 3, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Kind of like this?

Wolfmoon on September 3, 2012 at 12:09 AM

There is a NYT piece in the headlines casting doubt about Romney winning Ohio (he will) and citing the fact that Republican Hamilton County (Cincinnati and its suburbs) “voted for Obama in 2008″.

Yep, under a Democratic Governor and the overwhelming help of ACORN (out of state liberal students bussed in and given the names of college age students registered to vote but attending out of state colleges) Hamilton County “went” for Obama.

The backstory the NYT will NEVER cover is the connections between Democratic politicians in Columbus and the organized crime figures in Cleveland working with the unions and ACORN to “deliver” Ohio for Obama.

Of course, the NYT will also never dig into the reported connections between Solyndra, unions and organized crime. Where did the taxpayer money go? To pay for a building that cost 2 -3 times what it should have cost and which conveniently was abandoned due to bankruptcy.

PolAgnostic on September 3, 2012 at 12:40 AM

My idea of a ‘slow ride’:)

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Mostly good…mustn’t grumble. :)

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:36 AM

LOL, I hear you. I try to keep the same attitude.

4Grace on September 3, 2012 at 12:41 AM

How’s the A-List life since you’ve been wearing the new shirt???

4Grace on September 3, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Well the bus station drag queen groupies were ruining my act so I cut them lose to find, like, some, like mall, like valley, like girls. My Karate Kid head band was a big hit with my spandex shorts.

Some people are just born with good taste so I might as well take advantage of my god given gifts.

SparkPlug on September 3, 2012 at 12:41 AM

SparkPlug on September 3, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Oh… STOP… you’re steaming up the pool!:)

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:43 AM

4Grace on September 3, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Well the first step in rehab is to admit you have a food fighting problem. The rest is easy.

Betty Ford threw food as well.

SparkPlug on September 3, 2012 at 12:44 AM

SparkPlug on September 3, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Pictures! I need pictures!

4Grace on September 3, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Oh… STOP… you’re steaming up the pool!:)

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Hate to break it to you, but what he’s doin’ to heat the pool ain’t what you think.

cozmo on September 3, 2012 at 12:45 AM

4Grace on September 3, 2012 at 12:44 AM

He’s such a tease! :)

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:45 AM

cozmo on September 3, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Hello, Coz. Martini? :)

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Betty Ford threw food as well.

SparkPlug on September 3, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Thank you, SP. Yes, I attended a new place, the Moochelle Obama Food Rehab Center. I learned a lot of cool stuff. They even gave me a poster that says LET THEM EAT TOFU! Major cool, huh?

4Grace on September 3, 2012 at 12:47 AM

One Last Ride

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:47 AM

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Never had a martini I could stomach. Chilled bourbon and honey shots.

cozmo on September 3, 2012 at 12:48 AM

cozmo on September 3, 2012 at 12:45 AM

ROFL

4Grace on September 3, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Key West Reader, good to see you here tonight.

Thank you for the movie report.

My very best wishes for you and family.

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2012 at 12:49 AM

cozmo on September 3, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Never had bourbon with honey in it. How about a decent single malt Scotch… three fingers… neat.

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Resist We Much on September 2, 2012 at 10:28 PM

And they call us the “racists and bigots”.

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2012 at 12:50 AM

4Grace on September 3, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Thanks..But the honor goes to Mr Eastwood!..:)

Dire Straits on September 3, 2012 at 12:50 AM

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Wow, haven’t listened to MH in ages.

4Grace on September 3, 2012 at 12:51 AM

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Ahem. Pot meet Kettle. You had be drooling like a blood hound and wimpering like a chihuahua with your dangerous curves.

Ok B9 will put me in the dawg house for sure. I’m easily poached.

SparkPlug on September 3, 2012 at 12:51 AM

4Grace on September 3, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Yeah… if you check the artwork on the video its pretty cool, too.

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Just emember young jedi..The Force is with R&R!!..:)

Dire Straits on September 3, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Thanks..But the honor goes to Mr Eastwood!..:)

Dire Straits on September 3, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Yes, I know. BUT, you dug down deep into your artistic soul and made it your own. True Method acting there. Brando & Olivier would be proud. :p

4Grace on September 3, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Just remember young jedi..The Force is with R&R!!..:)

Dire Straits on September 3, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Fixed!..:)

Dire Straits on September 3, 2012 at 12:53 AM

cozmo on September 3, 2012 at 12:45 AM

I peed like a race horse in her neighbors pool. By accident yes but still.

SparkPlug on September 3, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Jackie, you were ‘hugged’ :)

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2012 at 12:54 AM

4Grace on September 3, 2012 at 12:53 AM

LoLz..I hear you!..:)

Dire Straits on September 3, 2012 at 12:54 AM

SparkPlug on September 3, 2012 at 12:51 AM

LOL! I wouldn’t want to see you in the dawg house.

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:55 AM

nuke em

jrsrigmvr on September 3, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Me drooling

Not

Be drooling

SparkPlug on September 3, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2012 at 12:54 AM

I’m ‘hugging’ you right back, Schadenfreude! How are you tonight? Its good to see you.:)

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Dire Straits on September 3, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Hi Dire – wise one, don’t celebrate too early. You might spoil the Schadenfreude for Nov. 6. That night, and then only, is the time to smirk at the lot of them.

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2012 at 12:56 AM

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:50 AM

A bit of honey takes out the burn with out making it Southern Comfort cough syrupy.

Was never a fan of scotch either. It seems that the more expensive the the alcohol, the less I care for it. Except for some Crown Royal. That’s something the Canooks do right.

cozmo on September 3, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Flirtin’ With Disaster

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Harbingeing on September 3, 2012 at 12:38 AM

To keep things shorter, see my reply to Wolfmoon above regarding voter fraud.

If you thought the existence of your country was at stake, would you want to depend on Romney “winning” the election?

While at the same time, Iran is hardening all of their nuclear sites with Russian and Chinese assistance?

Obama CANNOT overtly act against Israel prior to the election – if he does you can take away the overwhelming Jewish vote HE IS STILL LIKELY TO GET and Obama loses Florida, New Jersey and possibly, even New York.

And there isn’t enough voter fraud left by any means to get him reelected – especially considering Illinois may be coming into play despite the Daley machine’s “The dead get to vote three times” support.

Back when I was a teenager, I lived in New York and had friends whose parents had the tattoos on their forearms courtesy of the Nazi’s.

When those people said, “Never Again.” it sent a cold chill down your spine – especially when one of them explained it to me,

“Next time, and we have learned there will always be a next time, we will not wait for the rest of the world to save us. Next time, if it must be so, everyone can go “into the ovens” with us.”

Also, to better understand my perspective, research how the strict rabbinate guidance has transformed Israel in the last few years as they have felt abandoned by the country they once believed they could count on.

And then think how LITTLE attention the MSM has given to the Iranian mullahs direct and active suport of terrorism and formenting of Shia rebellions against their Muslim brothers.

PolAgnostic on September 3, 2012 at 12:59 AM

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Hah, I meant in the comments (you were sandwiched). Now I have to ‘hug’ you back, the e-way.

No worries SP, it’s all Platonic.

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2012 at 12:59 AM

cozmo on September 3, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Really? You don’t even like ice cold vodka with a twist of lemon?

How about Yukon Jack Permafrost?

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Good advice. I won’t exhale until it is official. We will have to win beyond the margin of cheating.

4Grace on September 3, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Platonic? Oh, dam*… Just my luck!:(

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 1:01 AM

People have been talking about an imminent Israeli strike for so long that no one will ever believe it is going to happen until it does, or at least until someone says something falsifiable, like “if Iran does not allow inspectors into plants A, B, and C and shut down plants E and F by tomorrow evening, then we will declare war.”

This is too bad, from the standpoint of deterring them, but I suppose it’s good for the element of surprise.

RINO in Name Only on September 3, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Schadenfreude on September 3, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Very good point!..I agree..:)

Dire Straits on September 3, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Highway Song

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Good evening ya’ll…

SWalker on September 3, 2012 at 1:03 AM

PolAgnostic on September 3, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Great story. I truly pray for Israel and I know that THEY know they are currently pretty isolated and without true allies and friends.

4Grace on September 3, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Platonic? Oh, dam*… Just my luck!:(

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Have no fear my dear, theirs nothing so safe as platonic bout my hugs… ;)

SWalker on September 3, 2012 at 1:04 AM

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 1:00 AM

I’m a complicated man with simple tastes. Not that I haven’t tried everything, but tend to stick favorites.

cozmo on September 3, 2012 at 1:05 AM

As The Years Go Passing By

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 1:06 AM

cozmo on September 3, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Is that a fact? Nice to know. :)

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 1:07 AM

RINO in Name Only on September 3, 2012 at 1:02 AM

That’s always the way it happens because we’re too busy with trivia.

Cleombrotus on September 3, 2012 at 1:07 AM

SWalker on September 3, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Nice to see you Walker! :)

thatsafactjack on September 3, 2012 at 1:07 AM

RINO in Name Only on September 3, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Evening, RINO.

I believe everyone has been talking about a strike for so long in order to deter a strike. Israel should play is very close to the vest. BO & his ilk will leak everything they hear. IMHO

4Grace on September 3, 2012 at 1:07 AM