Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on September 1, 2012 by Allahpundit

Over his first term, Mr. Obama, 51 years old, has fundamentally shifted his view of modern presidential power, say those who know him well. He is now convinced the most essential part of his job, given politically divided Washington, is rallying public opinion to his side.

As a result, if he wins a second term, Mr. Obama plans to remain in campaign mode

The president views a second term in some ways as a second chance, an opportunity to approach the office differently, according to close aides. He would like to tackle issues such as climate change, immigration, education and filibuster reform.

He has told some aides that a sizable mistake at the start of his administration was his naiveté in thinking he could work with Republicans on weighty issues.

***

[E]ven if negative campaigning works, a re-elected Mr Obama will need the strength that comes from a convincing agenda. Otherwise the Republicans, who will control the House and possibly the Senate too, will make mincemeat of him. And … it is not just Mr Obama who needs a plan. America does too. Its finances and its government require a drastic overhaul. Surely this charismatic, thoughtful man has more ideas about what must be done than he has so far let on?

A tempting option will be to galvanise his party base, with talk of more health reform and threats of higher taxes on business and the rich. Rather than redesigning government, he could suck up to the public-sector unions by promising that jobs will not be cut. Rather than cutting entitlement programmes, he could reassure the elderly that America can actually afford them…

Incumbents tend to win presidential elections, but second-term presidents tend to be disappointing. Mr Obama’s first-term record suggests that, if re-elected, he could be the lamest of ducks. That’s why he needs a good answer to the big question: just what would you do with another four years?

***

This election is not about what happened before Obama become president. It’s about his failure to make things better, and it is about where we are going in the future.

Obama didn’t close that factory — but he hasn’t re-opened it either. Despite telling the people of Janesville that was the plan. When GM announced in October 2008 that it would be halting production there, then-candidate Obama said, “As president, I will lead an effort to retool plants like the GM facility in Janesville so we can build the fuel-efficient cars of tomorrow and create good-paying jobs in Wisconsin and all across America.”

Though Obama got his bailout, the people of Janesville are still waiting for that re-tooling. It’s that failure to accomplish the very goals he set out for himself that is the greatest indictment of Obama’s presidency.

***

[L]et me make a modest observation from having spent much of the last few months traveling round foreign parts. When you don’t have frighteningly white upscale liberals obsessing about the racist subtext of golf, it’s amazing how much time it frees up to talk about other stuff. For example, as dysfunctional as Greece undoubtedly is, if you criticize the government’s plans for public-pensions provision, there are no Chris Matthews types with such a highly evolved state of racial consciousness that they reflexively hear “watermelon” instead of the word “pensions.” So instead everyone discusses the actual text rather than the imaginary subtext. Which may be why political discourse in the euro zone is marginally less unreal than ours right now: At least they’re talking about “austerity”; over here we’re still spending, and more than ever.

Time’s Mark Halperin wrote this week that “Obama can’t win if he can’t swing the conversation away from the economy.” That’s a pretty amazing admission. The economy is the No. 1 issue on the minds of voters, and, beyond that, the central reality of Obama’s America. But to win the president has to steer clear. That doesn’t leave a lot else. Hence, the racism of golf, the war on women, the carcinogenic properties of Mitt Romney. Democrat strategy 1992: It’s the economy, stupid. Democrat strategy 2012: It’s the stupidity, economists.

***

Four years on, the speeches are starting to grate. Americans are tiring of their leader’s charm, much as we tired of Tony Blair’s. When demanding a trillion-dollar stimulus package at the start of his term, Mr Obama promised that it would bring unemployment down to below 5.6 per cent; today, the figure stands at 8.3 per cent. He pledged, in that slightly millenarian manner of his, to halve the deficit. Four years on, the deficit has fallen from $1.3 trillion to, er, $1.2 trillion. America’s credit rating has been downgraded as $5 trillion has been added to the national debt.

These are indescribable sums. There are no superlatives that can adequately convey what a $16 trillion national debt means. But Americans don’t need to wrap their minds around the statistics to know that they are worse off than they were 12 months ago, and will be yet worse off 12 months from now…

Whether Mitt Romney can eliminate the deficit is not clear. What is beyond doubt, though, is that Mr Obama cannot. His four years have left America poorer, less happy and less free. As Clint Eastwood told Republican delegates: “Politicians are employees of ours – and if somebody does not do the job, we gotta let ’em go.”

In a television interview after Mr Romney’s speech, the presenter asked me whether it was possible to win on an austerity message. Hadn’t the Greeks just punished the politicians who suggested deep budget cuts? “Yes,” I told him, “but Americans aren’t Greeks. We expect better of you.”

***

In 1992, candidate Bill Clinton’s campaign ran an ad that began: “For so long government has failed us, and one of its worst features has been welfare. I have a plan to end welfare as we know it.” This was before progressives defined progress as preventing changes even to rickety, half-century-old programs: Republicans “would end Medicare as we know it.”

When did peculiarly named progressives decide they must hunker down in a defensive crouch to fend off an unfamiliar future? Hoover Dam ended the lower Colorado River as we knew it. Rockefeller Center ended midtown Manhattan as we knew it. Desegregation ended the South as we knew it. The Internet ended . . . you get the point. In their baleful resistance to any policy not “as we know it,” progressives resemble a crotchety 19th-century vicar in a remote English village banging his cane on the floor to express irritation about rumors of a newfangled, noisy and smoky something called a railroad.

***

According to new research released today by Rasmussen, more voters identify themselves as Republican than ever in the last 8 years. More importantly, by a 4 point margin, more voters identify as GOP than Democrat. This is the largest spread between the parties ever. Worse for Democrats, the number of voters who identify with their party is also approaching an historic low.

In August, 37.6% of voters identified themselves as Republican. That is up from 34.9% in July. By contrast, just 33.3% of voters identify themselves as Democrats. That is very near their historic low in February, when 32.4% of voters identified as Democrat. The 4.3 margin in favor of the GOP is the biggest gap ever between the parties. In November 2010, when the GOP won a landslide in the mid-term elections, their advantage was just 1.3 points…

If the GOP advantage holds through November, it is likely that the electorate will be evenly split, like it was in 2004 or possibly have a Republican edge. If that is the case, then current media polling is way off-base. Democrats and the media may wake up in shock on November 7th.

***

Through three nights of gauzy videos, sentimental testimonials and, finally, his own address to the nation Thursday, Mitt Romney worked hard to show he has a heart.

But he still needs to tackle the much harder job of convincing those Americans who so emotionally invested their hearts in President Obama four years ago that it is time to accept that his presidency did not work, let go of him and move on…

After month after month of disappointing job numbers, poll after poll showing dissatisfaction in his economic performance and hundreds of millions of dollars in negative advertisements, a large portion of wavering voters maintain a personal attachment to Mr. Obama, and a tentative willingness to give him more time to get it right, top strategists with both campaigns agree…

“It’s going to be hard to break the bond a lot of voters feel with Obama, even if they are disappointed,” said Mark McKinnon, a former strategist for Mr. Bush. “It may be a bad marriage, but they still want to save it.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7 8

Hi Scrumpy,

Bush – Machinehead

SparkPlug on September 2, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Flesh For Fantasy

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Oh yeah Jackie! I know Bowie so well…

Scrumpy on September 2, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Bowie-in-a-dress photos or you lose points!LOL!

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Lol. ‘K. Understood. (He was rather androgynous, wasn’t he?)

Bowie certainly was a character!…

Scrumpy on September 2, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Some great tunes–and great self-promotion (pre-Madonna!).

Ray Nagin, anyone?

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Easy, Sweetness. He didn’t mean anything by it. Pretty sure. :)

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 2:06 AM

4Grace helped me keep my halo on..she has been gone for to long. ;)

bazil9 on September 2, 2012 at 2:11 AM

SparkPlug on September 2, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Love that!! Bush- Machinehead… that’s rockin’

Scrumpy on September 2, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Rainbow In The Dark-DIO

Anyone like Metal?

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 2:12 AM

For the era and the style he was innovative. However, over the years, I’m not seeing a lot of increase in intensity or sophistication. Shame, really.

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Yeah, true and disappointing for me as well. But his musical mind is really that of a composer, more than that of a “bass player”. In an interview in Bass Player Magazine about 20 years ago, he was asked what kind of strings he like to use on his Hofner bass. He just said, “Long shiny ones” which I found hilarious, as most bass players can get pretty obsessive about their choice of strings.

He’s definitely not a bassist in the same way most would define themselves. Even his “choice” of his iconic Hofner bass was really due to the fact that it was the only left-handed bass he could find in Hamburg that was cheap enough for him to buy in a hurry, when it fell upon him to start covering the bass for the Silver Beatles. It was actually a fairly cheap, unremarkable production bass for its time, but he made it musical by the way he played it.

Harbingeing on September 2, 2012 at 2:12 AM

I’m saying fight like heck to get Romney elected but by very wary of him and expect to have to fight to hold his feet to the fire.

LevinFan on September 2, 2012 at 1:59 AM

This. His core is not naturally conservative, he will need to be continually pushed right. The conservative movement will need to push more conservatives during the 2014 election and continue to hold Romney’s feet to the fire. But they can be held there. There is zero chance of doing anything other than blocking Obama if he wins again and that risks 2014 by providing the chance to build an obstructionist meme against the Republicans.

AZfederalist on September 2, 2012 at 2:13 AM

bazil9 on September 2, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Jeez, had a rough night?

My comment was not to you.

ccrosby on September 2, 2012 at 2:07 AM

No, had a great night. This is a public board..ya know what that means?

bazil9 on September 2, 2012 at 2:13 AM

bazil9 on September 2, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Just checkin’ in!:)

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 2:13 AM

jackie, Billy such a bad boy!!!! Hadn’t heard that in yonks!!!

Scrumpy on September 2, 2012 at 2:13 AM

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Nah! Oh he!! yeah!! Lol!!

Scrumpy on September 2, 2012 at 2:14 AM

4Grace helped me keep my halo on..she has been gone for to long. ;)

bazil9 on September 2, 2012 at 2:11 AM

I miss 4Grace. I know she is covered up busy, but I still miss her. She is a good one. ; )

Bmore on September 2, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Let’s Dance

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Always loved that one.
This one, too.

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Bmore on September 2, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Where’d Gracie disappear to, B?
(Also, cool about your ginormous t-shirt collection. Most of mine are boring solid colors.)

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 2:17 AM

LevinFan on September 2, 2012 at 1:59 AM

You are right, I agree. And I’m not really sure I understand what the rules changes were at the convention, if I’m correct in that was which you were referring.

Having attended my state conventions as a delegate I know how contentious they can become.

And from what I understand from friends that were in Tampa, it wasn’t much different.

ccrosby on September 2, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Harbingeing on September 2, 2012 at 2:12 AM

I know about guitar player’s obsessing about minutia! Strings, even picks! I had a friend who spent three hours tearing up his house and searching through his dirty laundry and finally his car looking for an old pick he used all the time! LOL!

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Yep but she always makes the time to tell me hi and check in-a doll. Got to put her on the shirt now. :)

bazil9 on September 2, 2012 at 2:19 AM

All right… getting tired.. night all.

LevinFan on September 2, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Rammstein: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzGKsXPBILw

You either love it or hate it!!

Scrumpy on September 2, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Scrumpy on September 2, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Oh, now, see….we could get into some serious trouble here now, Scrumpy! Two metal heads on one board? YEAH! :)

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 2:20 AM

No, had a great night. This is a public board..ya know what that means?

bazil9 on September 2, 2012 at 2:13 AM

I think s/he was talking to Bmore, when he was talking about the feed sacks. (An interesting story that I never heard before.)

I think s/he was wondering–not as a put-down to Bmore–but because that happened a long time ago.

(Though, I think your coming in to defend Bmore in an apparent attack was loyal and kind.) (Also, I better stop saying nice things to you now, or I might have an angry SparkPlug on my case. :) )

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 2:20 AM

‘Night Levin!

Scrumpy on September 2, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Where’d Gracie disappear to, B?

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 2:17 AM

I think she is just busy, busy. I collect them from anywhere I can. Some are considered valuable, to me they are just what I’m wearing the next day. Solids are cool too. I usually go with plain white as a solid. Sometimes tan. In my line of work I can be who I want to be. I always go the comfortable route. Form follows function. ; )

Bmore on September 2, 2012 at 2:21 AM

His core is not naturally conservative

AZfederalist on September 2, 2012 at 2:13 AM

I’m not so sure, AZ. Apart from his “evolution” on abortion, the more I get to know Mitt, the more I sense he is a faith-based conservative who bent left in order to govern the bluest of blue states. Which was always a stepping stone to his ambition of running the country.

If given a Republican House and Senate, I do believe he will implement fiscally conservative policy. Socially, I’m not so sure, nor do I care too much this cycle.

The problem politicians face is there is never a straight up-or-down vote on any particular policy. Rather they lard up every bill with so many inconsistencies and irregularities that it is virtually impossible to get a good read on any of them. Kerry got stung by this: “I voted for supporting the troops before I voted against it…” No one listens for or cares about their bifurcations.

John the Libertarian on September 2, 2012 at 2:21 AM

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Not a bit o’ trouble!! this is fun…

Scrumpy on September 2, 2012 at 2:21 AM

No, had a great night. This is a public board..ya know what that means?

bazil9 on September 2, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Yep, I knows what that means.

ccrosby on September 2, 2012 at 2:22 AM

AZfederalist on September 2, 2012 at 2:03 AM

If Obama is a Marxist then Romney is a corporate fascist. Both are dangerous. The fact that the Republican Party is being run like a dictatorship and brazenly cheats and rigs votes is only the most recent escalation. The warning signs are all around but people are so desperate to get rid of Obama they seem to be willing to make a deal with the devil!

A wolf in sheep’s clothing is more dangerous and cunning than a regular wolf. America cannot afford the luxury of partisan delusions. Just because Romney has an R next to his name does not make him better than Obama, in fact I fear he may be even worse.

If Republican voters and media outlets condone the cheating which has been caught on video for any respectable who is willing to watch then it is just further evidence of how depraved and immoral the Republican Party has become and unworthy of continued existence.

FloatingRock on September 2, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Bush – Machinehead

SparkPlug on September 2, 2012 at 2:10 AM

I love that one, too.
I like this one slightly better.

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 2:22 AM

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 2:17 AM

I don’t think she would mind me saying-she is working a lot and home schools her child. Summer is over- Very productive and kick a$$ lady. She will be back.

bazil9 on September 2, 2012 at 2:22 AM

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Good one RC. Heed the Raven.

Creed – With Arms Wide Open

SparkPlug on September 2, 2012 at 2:25 AM

No, had a great night. This is a public board..ya know what that means?

bazil9 on September 2, 2012 at 2:13 AM

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Good Lord! It was a joke. Bmore I apologize if I hurt your feelings, or anyone eles’ for that matter.

ccrosby on September 2, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Suck it, you trolless cons!

Lanceman on September 2, 2012 at 2:25 AM

You either love it or hate it!!

Scrumpy on September 2, 2012 at 2:20 AM

WOW! That was intense! I’m not sure how I feel about it yet.

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Rammstein: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzGKsXPBILw

You either love it or hate it!!

Scrumpy on September 2, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Love it Loud.

Scrumpy is a metal head. So is Cindy.

SparkPlug on September 2, 2012 at 2:26 AM

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 2:20 AM

All good..no Spark doesnt get angry..or never seen it. If it was my bad-okay. But lately-B has a few freaks/ chasing him. As does a few here-gets old.

So crosby- I will lay off you- if your not an ass. :)

bazil9 on September 2, 2012 at 2:26 AM

And now for something completely different. I’m playing this tune on the gig with my big band next weekend, playing the exact same original chart this band is playing. I’m getting a featured solo on this one too. Time to go practice a while before turning in. G’night ya’ll.

Harbingeing on September 2, 2012 at 2:27 AM

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Great song and lyrics… hadn’t heard that in a while! Dor Xie (Thanks)…

Scrumpy on September 2, 2012 at 2:28 AM

ccrosby on September 2, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Ummm, I said nothing against you.

Easy, cc.
We’re all (well, most of us) friends, here.
Got no beef with you.

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Good one RC. Heed the Raven.

Creed – With Arms Wide Open

SparkPlug on September 2, 2012 at 2:25 AM

:) Reminds me of my nephew. I played that the night I “heard”.

bazil9 on September 2, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Metal Will Never Die-Ronnie Dio

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 2:29 AM

So crosby- I will lay off you- if your not an ass. :)

bazil9 on September 2, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Well, you’ll have to ask my sister, but I try my hardest not to be…

It’s late, good night all…

ccrosby on September 2, 2012 at 2:30 AM

You either love it or hate it!!

Scrumpy on September 2, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Strangely, I like it. However, I like the live version better.

… and with that, I’m out for the night.

AZfederalist on September 2, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Harbingeing on September 2, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Goodnight, Harbingeing! Nice chatting with you! See you soon.

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 2:30 AM

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 2:25 AM

I am not shy when it comes to music… it can be soft or silly, classical or hard as dirt! I love pretty much any music…

Try this on for size!!

Scrumpy on September 2, 2012 at 2:31 AM

‘Night AZ!!

Scrumpy on September 2, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Suck it, you trolless cons!

Lanceman on September 2, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Lol. Saw your pining post, earlier.
I could volunteer to bishop for us, if you like.

OTOH, you did see Float, here, no? He’s a sort of troll. (Though, to his credit, he is saying a few different things, tonight. I must give him credit, as it’s nice not to read the same innane point over and over.)

bazil9 on September 2, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Yeah. Just joking about Sparky. I like his humor, he makes me laugh a lot.

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 2:32 AM

SparkPlug on September 2, 2012 at 2:26 AM

If it rocks, I dig it!!

Scrumpy on September 2, 2012 at 2:33 AM

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Yes I saw floatingcrock.

He’s OK. Like ritalin, in small doses.

Lanceman on September 2, 2012 at 2:33 AM

bazil9 on September 2, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Well, you’ll have to ask my sister, but I try my hardest not to be…

It’s late, good night all…

ccrosby on September 2, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Well if you ask mine..I am an a$$ ;)
Night.

bazil9 on September 2, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Sounds like its time to shift to some sophisticated and pretty, mellower stuff so… here… I’ll Take Care of You

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 2:34 AM

bazil9 on September 2, 2012 at 2:28 AM

HATE those guys. Lol. Never could get over that lead singer.
(He (have no idea what his name is) did provide many musically talented comedians a lot of material, though.)

Lol–Did I lose my chance at a shirt?

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Lanceman on September 2, 2012 at 2:25 AM

lol. All the trolls are hiding butt-hurt cause of the smackdown Clint gave to their false idol.

SparkPlug on September 2, 2012 at 2:36 AM

HATE those guys. Lol. Never could get over that lead singer.

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Scott Stapp. Five foot nothing. Always coming into Cheers a few years back because he was banging the Serb waitress, Natasha.

Lanceman on September 2, 2012 at 2:37 AM

hmmmmmmmmm yeah, I’ll take some Joe with me joe… lol… great pick!

Scrumpy on September 2, 2012 at 2:37 AM

bazil9 on September 2, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Yeah. Just joking about Sparky. I like his humor, he makes me laugh a lot.

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 2:32 AM

He makes me laugh too..my fave trait in people. Humor! :)

bazil9 on September 2, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Lanceman on September 2, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Lol. Well, I wouldn’t mind hearing more from Natasha. :)
(As long as she don’t talk about her Creed boyfriend.)

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Scrumpy on September 2, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Too good. Beth Hart nails that cover, too. :)

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 2:39 AM

ANOTHER Oldies but Goodies!

(“And the hits just keep on comin’, folks!”)

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Lol. Well, I wouldn’t mind hearing more from Natasha. :)
(As long as she don’t talk about her Creed boyfriend.)

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Too fvcking skinny and a stuck up little princess according to Darko the barback at the time. Personally, I could have done without her. She wadn’t nothing to write home about.

Lanceman on September 2, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Great Flood

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Lol–Did I lose my chance at a shirt?

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Nope..I know what your saying..still love that song.

bazil9 on September 2, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Tears for Fears:

Scrumpy on September 2, 2012 at 2:42 AM

ccrosby on September 2, 2012 at 2:25 AM

HeIIfire, you didn’t my feelings. I seem to have this rare ability to collect socks. Sometimes they don’t always like me. Sometimes they end up not even being socks. Lol! It’s okay. Of course you know about the troll thing. ; )You and I get along fine. I’m getting older. I’m also becoming a better man right before yours and everyone’s else’s eyes. We’re good.

Good Night ccrosby, Sleep Well.

Bmore on September 2, 2012 at 2:43 AM

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Dang Red!! never did like that song, but still a nostalgic pick! ^5

Scrumpy on September 2, 2012 at 2:43 AM

666

SparkPlug on September 2, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Sorry ccrosby, that should have read, you didn’t hurt my feelings. ; )

Bmore on September 2, 2012 at 2:46 AM

My good night song.

Be well kids.

Crow,Jack, B,-always a pleasure.

bazil9 on September 2, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Ok, playing my Joe now… just sitting back n chillin’

God Bless and goodnight everyone…

Jackie, Red, Bmore, Spark, Bazil, Lance and me…

‘nite nite all… :-)

Scrumpy on September 2, 2012 at 2:47 AM

bazil9 on September 2, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Goodnight, B9! Great to see you tonight! Lots of fun. Sleep well. See you soon! :)

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Bush was not Hitler, as people with BDS have falsely claimed in the past, and Obama is not Mao, as people will ODS have frequently claimed.

People need to come to their senses and jump off the suicidal Republican and Democrat bandwagons before they both go over the cliff.

Jump off and let them go over! Good riddance! America will be so much better off, President George Washington would approve!

It’s time to put the interests of your country, not to mention the interests of your children and grandchildren, before your party and just do the right thing to get America back on the right track. The right thing to do right now is not to vote for another D or R.

Not only has Boehner been caught rigging a vote but according to the book Throw Them All Out and 60 Minutes, he is also one of the chief suspects in the insider trading scandal. What in the heck is this guy doing in the halls of Congress?

The Banana Republican Convention was a con!

FloatingRock on September 2, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Scrumpy on September 2, 2012 at 2:43 AM

NO?!? (LOVED that one. Love The Clash!) (Nostalgia, definitely.)

I was takin’ a little mosey, and a funny thought occurred to me: Every guy (I imagine chicks do this, too.) has one female name that, every time he hears it causes him to go into a funk accompanied by deep, dark doldrums.
(LOL)

Luckily, there’s a song for mine. :)

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Scrumpy on September 2, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Goodnight, Scrumpy! Sleep well. See you soon!:)

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 2:49 AM

bazil9 , you know who else is missing tonight? Dire.

Bmore on September 2, 2012 at 2:50 AM

Gravity

See that? Everyone got caught up in gravity.

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Good Night b, Pleasant Dreams.

Good Night Scrumpy, Pleasants Dreams.

Bmore on September 2, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Bmore on September 2, 2012 at 2:50 AM

I noticed. Missed his tunes.

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Crow,Jack, B,-always a pleasure.

bazil9 on September 2, 2012 at 2:46 AM

‘nite nite all… :-)

Scrumpy on September 2, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Nite, ladies. Nice listening with ya both.

SparkPlug on September 2, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Nice U2 pick. I usually like their older stuff, but that one rocks.

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 2:54 AM

bazil9 , you know who else is missing tonight? Dire.

Bmore on September 2, 2012 at 2:50 AM

Plus Axe. Plus 4Grace which you mentioned.

SparkPlug on September 2, 2012 at 2:54 AM

To absent friends…. *clink!*

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 2:55 AM

I noticed. Missed his tunes.

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Yep, Dire is a very good guy.

Plus Axe. Plus 4Grace which you mentioned.

SparkPlug on September 2, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Axe is a really good guy too. It’s hit or miss with him more though.

Bmore on September 2, 2012 at 2:57 AM

To absent friends…. *clink!*

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 2:55 AM

*clink!* Always makes me think of 7%. Lol!

Bmore on September 2, 2012 at 2:58 AM

See that? Everyone got caught up in gravity.

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Lovely song, Jackie. :)

Anyone want a really good laugh? Loved this show, and it fits tonight’s off-topic chit-chat! Please, enjoy.

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Night ya’ll

Flora Duh on September 2, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Too bad that last clip I posted didn’t occur to me earlier.
SO good and funny.
(I coulda gained at least five points. Lol.)

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Romney is already the dictator of the Republican Party, I don’t want him to be the dictator of the nation.

If only there was somebody else….

FloatingRock on September 2, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Bmore on September 2, 2012 at 2:58 AM

You know, I’ve only seen 7% Solution’s posts, I’ve never had the opportunity to get to meet him. Seems like a very nice guy, though.

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Flora Duh on September 2, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Great tune, Flora! Goodnight, sleep well! :)

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 3:01 AM

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 2:59 AM

We’ll allow the five, but we’re deducting two for being tardy! :)

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Nice U2 pick. I usually like their older stuff, but that one rocks.

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 2:54 AM

I agree. Their old stuff is superior.

SparkPlug on September 2, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Guess I should crash too. Eighty pounds of tomatoes aren’t going to just process and jar themselves for sauce tomorrow. ; )

Good Night All.

Bmore on September 2, 2012 at 3:04 AM

As The Years Go Passing By

I bid you all a goodnight. Its been a pleasure, as always. See you soon! :)

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 3:05 AM

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 3:00 AM

One of the best. ; )

Good Night Flora, Pleasant Dreams.

Bmore on September 2, 2012 at 3:06 AM

We’ll allow the five, but we’re deducting two for being tardy! :)

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Gotta check Amaz0n for “Extras”. Brilliant show. (Bet it costs an arm and a leg.) Also, glad to be +3. :)

I agree. Their old stuff is superior.

SparkPlug on September 2, 2012 at 3:03 AM

When I was eighteen I played the crap out of “Under a Blood Red Sky” (a live album they put out). Here’s a good one.

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 3:07 AM

I bid you all a goodnight. Its been a pleasure, as always. See you soon! :)

thatsafactjack on September 2, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Me, too. Night, Jackie and HA crew.

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 3:13 AM

Funny. I went to bed, but something was still eating at me. Some unsaid something.

If only there was somebody else….

FloatingRock on September 2, 2012 at 3:00 AM

So, the nomination is now passed. Romney is the nominee, and our best shot at getting rid of the totally un-American Odumbo. Yet, you still come on here, supporting Jeff Johnson?!

If you’re not for Odumbo, HOW do you still support Jeff Johnson?

Pathetic, Float.

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 3:41 AM

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 3:41 AM

You’re the one who support cheating and vote rigging, not me, you’re the one who’s truly pathetic.

FloatingRock on September 2, 2012 at 3:46 AM

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 3:41 AM

You’re the one who should feel ashamed, not me.

FloatingRock on September 2, 2012 at 3:48 AM

You’re the one who should feel ashamed, not me.

FloatingRock on September 2, 2012 at 3:48 AM

You do realize, don’t you, that we might not survive four more years of Obama?!

I care not a lick about rules-breaking in some silly party convention–we’re talking about our very survival here! How thick-headed does a person have to be to not see our best chance of survival.

I’m not a huge Romney guy, but the fact that you see no difference between he and Obama saddens me. (Really, you could be much smarter than that.)

RedCrow on September 2, 2012 at 3:54 AM