Palin, Fox at odds in contract negotiations?

posted at 10:01 am on August 31, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

One of the most curious developments at the Republican convention took place far away from the delegate floor.  Two events appeared for a short time to be part of the same story: the announcement of the “mystery speaker,” and the sudden cancellation of Sarah Palin’s interviews on Fox News.  Palin, the Republican Party’s previous VP nominee, would have provided some intriguing commentary on the night when her successor spoke, and so some — myself included — thought Palin’s spots must have been canceled because she had become a participant in this convention.  When it became clear that Clint Eastwood had agreed to speak, it left many of us wondering exactly why Palin’s Fox appearances had been canceled at the time when she had the most value as a commentator.

New York Magazine reported yesterday that the cancellations were due to a power play in contract negotiations, and that Palin might find herself in search of a new platform:

Essentially, Palin and Fox are in the early stages of an elaborate contract negotiation. Palin earns roughly $1 million per year from Fox, making her the highest paid contributor at the network. Fox executives have been disappointed with her ratings; Palin has been disappointed by Fox’s decision to not give her top billing on bookings. According to sources, the relationship at times has gotten so bad that much communication has been conducted via Palin’s husband Todd. One thing is clear: It’s risky for her to push the envelope too far. Fox has been a central pillar of Palin’s national reach since quitting the governorship, and without the network’s platform, it’s unclear how she could maintain even her current, much-diminished level of visibility.

Palin’s Facebook outburst surely didn’t endear her to Roger Ailes, who prizes message discipline and loyalty among his troops.

Well, that cuts both ways, does it not?  Palin posted her Facebook “outburst” in response to a large amount of curiosity as to why she’d been removed from the air.  Did Ailes believe that no one would notice if Palin the political correspondent suddenly stopped being present during one of the two biggest political events of the year?   It’s a little presumptuous to think that Palin would maintain “message discipline” after being dumped from the programming.

The outburst had its predictable impact, and Palin apparently returned to the air on the final day of the convention:

For now, both sides are making peace. Fox offered an olive branch this afternoon and returned Palin to the conversation via a phone interview with Megyn Kelly. Later tonight, she’ll be on with Sean Hannity and Neil Cavuto.

Palin probably needs Fox more than Fox needs Palin, but that doesn’t mean that Ailes can just dump Palin and expect to suffer no damage, either, especially with bizarre decisions like this.  If you’re paying a million bucks a year for the previous VP nominee to provide political analysis, why take her off the air during the conventions to make a point?  Why not do it when such a move will send the message to Palin but not be as obvious to everyone else, and still allow Fox to get maximum value from Palin when it counts?  It’s strange, and it looks more like personal animus than business sense.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Well there’s no way to tell, the only links are to Sherman’s previous self serving pieces, and the Facebook post,

narciso on August 31, 2012 at 12:22 PM

HerneTheHunter on August 31, 2012 at 12:01 PM

By the way, smart *ss, did you watch Clint Eastwood last night? Because he was exactly right: I, and anyone else in this country can tell a public figure and former politician like Sarah Palin what to do, because she works for me (us).

I don’t know you, but if I did I would speculate that you don’t understand this because, like a lot of little “bots” in this country, whether Palinbots, or Paulbots, or Mittbots, you spend most of your life waiting for the right person to tell you what to do. If I knew you I would guess that, for you, it is Sarah Palin. You must be one of those soldiers in Sarah Palin’s army.

I, on the other hand, am not looking for a savior, secular or religious. I’m looking for someone who can make the trains run on time. And I’ll tell them what to do, thank you.

Mr. Arkadin on August 31, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Mr. Arkadin on August 31, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Herman Cain said “stupid people are ruining this country.”

First off, I never said anything about you or that I knew anything about you.

Second, I only asked to be enlightened about someone else’s achievements, if they had any? By the way, am still waiting for those if you happen to know any.

HerneTheHunter on August 31, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Palin probably needs Fox more than Fox needs Palin,

Disagree strongly. Would she have much difficulty getting on-air at other networks if she wanted to? Really?

Fox is probably the most natural fit for her, and I hope they can work things out.

As she didn’t run for POTUS this time around, I’d like to see her run for Begich’s Senate seat in 2014. Dunno if that’s what she wants, guess we’ll see.

Assuming Romney wins, I don’t think she’ll be in his administration (how likely is he to appoint a cabinet secretary, etc. that was unwelcome to speak at the RNC convention?) If she has a continuing interest in a political future, a Senate seat is one viable option IMO. Also dunno how she’d feel about working with Murkowski. Hmm.

If Obama wins, a seat in the U.S. Senate could help her serve as a locus of opposition- though she also has other venues available as well.

Guess time will tell.

cs89 on August 31, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Palin probably needs Fox more than Fox needs Palin,

And now we veer right off the road into outright delusion…

CorporatePiggy on August 31, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Mr. Arkadin on August 31, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Preach on, brother – People not thinking for themselves is what got us into this trouble to begin with.

JFS61 on August 31, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Roger Ailes is a little pig. Corproate Piggy, do you know him?
In my recollection, he is the one
who wanted to be Palin’s swengali and she turned him down.
Todd probably threatened to punch him in the nose!

Ailes played hardball with her and yanked her segments, she played
hardball back and posted on facebook, her supporters got pissed
and emailed/called Fox and she was back on Fox for 3 segments
the next day.

Does anyone honestly think that if she leaves Fox she wouldn’t
be inundated with other offers?

Pundits and morons have predicted her demise for 4 years and
she hasn’t gone away yet.

Romney and the repub estab have tried to marginize her and even
that hasn’t worked; that along with the unethical way they handled
the power grab at the convention has just riled her supporters and
the rest of the grass roots.

My advice? Don’t bet against her.

Amjean on August 31, 2012 at 12:31 PM

CorporatePiggy on August 31, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Shouldn’t you be describing Sarah Palin as engaging in sexual acts with tv hosts, while you simultaneously scold others for using cuss words, like the walking motherf**king contradiction you pride yourself on being?

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Since 1986, Nielsen – the principal broadcast and cable ratings organization – has been using people meters. These are small black boxes attached to television sets i n respondents’ homes that transmit real-time viewing data.

This means that any subscribing station or network can get to-the-minute ratings and correlate them with the times that Sarah Palin or anyone else was on air.

bgoldman on August 31, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I guess it’s possible, but it still seems strange to think about Fox News executives saying things like, “Palin was on ‘Hannity’ last night from 9:33 to 9:37 PM last night, and the ratings for that four-minute period weren’t that great.”

J.S.K. on August 31, 2012 at 12:33 PM

ike the walking motherf**king contradiction you pride yourself on being?

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2012 at 12:31 PM

You’re a rather larger contradiction surely? A Palin cultist who is effectively voting for Obama in November? Talk about cognitive dissonance.

CorporatePiggy on August 31, 2012 at 12:36 PM

I’m looking for someone who can make the trains run on time.

Mr. Arkadin on August 31, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I think I’ve heard that expression before..:)

idesign on August 31, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Rio Linda Refugee on August 31, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Yes you do!

Cindy Munford on August 31, 2012 at 12:36 PM

About the only time I watch the shows after Bret Baier’s hour is when I know Sarah will be on. But I think most people who aren’t political junkies pay little attention to announcements of particular guests.

Sarah was right to speak to her supporters on Facebook. Fox makes a decision with that level of comprehensive abruptness, it has to expect some discussion afterward. I didn’t see anything out of line from Sarah on the matter.

I hope she and Fox can work something out. I wonder how many others are like me, and mostly stay away from the news shows now.

J.E. Dyer on August 31, 2012 at 12:38 PM

CorporatePiggy on August 31, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Oh, look. You’re a liar, as well. I’d be shocked if it wasn’t totally expected from a bilge rat that uses Bill Maher’s material. We both know that if not for your infantile whining about profanity, you’ve have dropped the “c” word on her many times by now.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2012 at 12:38 PM

The ratings for FNC are down for all their shows except for RedEye And The Five and Zahn was fired for breach of contract.

RickB on August 31, 2012 at 11:30 AM

This has a lot to do with Rachel Madow.

Though there is this:
RNC Day Two Ratings: Fox News Draws 7.7 Million Viewers At 10PM, Tops All Cable And Broadcast Networks

Steveangell on August 31, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Whew! I love when the Palinistas come out. I used to be a big fan myself. But, really, what has she done since 2010? She offers little on TV and refuses to step up to the plate in terms of elections herself. She toyed with people ever since leaving her post as Alaskan governor, and at the last moment refused to take the plunge and run for President. She could have run for Senator or Representative. Alas, no.

She doesn’t seem to have learned a whole lot more than she knew back in 2008. There’s no deep political discourse, no deep policies.

She is still great on the stump in firing people up, but, there’s no substance left. She’s simply a cheerleader at this point.

William Teach on August 31, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Most of what we’ve been reading about in the NY Mag story is b.s. anyway, so I’m loathe to actually contribute to any discussion of it, other than to say it’s the journalistic equivalent of Eastwooding.

victor82 on August 31, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Whole lot of leftist tactics on this thread. Fluffers are like that.

Bmore on August 31, 2012 at 12:41 PM

William Teach on August 31, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Brace for turbulence.

CorporatePiggy on August 31, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Palin probably needs Fox more than Fox needs Palin

Yup.

CycloneCDB on August 31, 2012 at 12:42 PM

William Teach on August 31, 2012 at 12:39 PM

So which talking head is substantial? Opinions are like asses, we all have them.

Cindy Munford on August 31, 2012 at 12:42 PM

But, really, what has she done since 2010?

William Teach on August 31, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Hey Sparky, here’s a clue..:)

Ted Cruz says Palins endorsement was Game Changing.

idesign on August 31, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Mr. Arkadin on August 31, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Herman Cain said “stupid people are ruining this country.”

First off, I never said anything about you or that I knew anything about you.

HerneTheHunter on August 31, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Oh, come on, have some balls. Stand by what you wrote. Here it is:

Mr. Arkadin on August 31, 2012 at 11:55 AM

You know what truly funny? People who have never accomplished anything in their lives telling a small successful business owner, a former city councillor, former mayor, chair of a mayoral board, chairwoman of an Interstate Regulatory board, chairwoman of a State energy commission, former governor, former vice-presidential candidate, what to do.

I find this truly funny.

HerneTheHunter on August 31, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Since I, in the post you reference, made some suggestions for Palin’s future, I must have been the “people” to which you refer. “People” who have never accomplished anything in their lives, as you so incisively put it. Now you are asking to be enlightened about “someone else’s” achievements. Who could that be, pray tell? Me, perhaps?

Well, here we go. Male. 47 years old. BA in Philosophy and an MBA. Small business owner, three times, two successful and one failure. The failure taught me how to run the successful ones. Lost $100,000 on that, made much more on the others. Financed my first business on a credit card.

I read two or three books a week, usually philosophy, political science, or biography, and watch as many movies as I can. This on top of working 50-60 hours at the business. Hobby, movies, which I know more about than just about anyone except Quentin Tarantino. I am also an amateur baker.

I’ve lived abroad, in the former East Germany, and in Vietnam, precisely to see for myself what communism does to a country. I was one of the million or so people on the street in front of the Brandenburg Gate when Germany reunified. I was filming a documentary that unfortunately never got completed.

Not much of a life when compared to Sarah Palin’s I agree, but then I haven’t run for office…yet.

So why don’t you tell me a little about yourself?

Mr. Arkadin on August 31, 2012 at 12:45 PM

If Romney wins in November, Palin will drift into irrelevance, much like Geraldine Ferraro before she died.
They will wheel her out for the quadrennial elections, but otherwise she will seem to be just a crank.

Droopy on August 31, 2012 at 12:45 PM

William Teach on August 31, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Tell us what you know about her chances in a political race that, apparently, she didn’t.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I’ve been disappointed with Mrs. Palin’s lack of substance and predictable platitudes on many subjects. She seems almost unprepared until becoming very emotional, almost angered, about a subject. That’s when the real interesting, insightful Sarah comes through. But those moments seem to be few these days.

It simply feels like Mrs. Palin is a bit out of the political loop and therefore does not often add much substance. She eluded last night to turning the page by having a new VP nominee. Perhaps it’s time for Sarah to think some more about the future and how she can continue to contribute in new, meaningful ways. She is a great party advocate and seems to be a kind loving yet tough person. I would hate to see her fade away.

Marcus Traianus on August 31, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Well this Palin thread just beat Romney speech thread for comments…LOL

idesign on August 31, 2012 at 12:48 PM

This would be going totally against their grain, but CNN should step in here and hire Palin. Remember, CNN pioneered the right left argument with Crossfire. Bring Palin in to play Buchanan’s old role and they can easily find a lefty journ O list to counter her. She’s been on enough times to perform the role well and if she can help create a new Crossfire that matches the old in both informing and not being angry it would be a plus, not just for CNN but for political discussion in general. While I’m not a great fan of Palin, this is a role she could easily succeed in. I’ve watched her gubenatorial debates when she ran in Alaska and her interviews then, particularly the one with Maria Bartiromo. If she stops being the Palin caricature and returns to being Palin she could do well.

xkaydet65 on August 31, 2012 at 12:49 PM

And now we veer right off the road into outright delusion…

CorporatePiggy

You ‘nistas crossed that line a long time ago, lol. There’s nothing delusional whatsoever in saying Palin needs Fox more than Fox needs her.

cs89

Yes, she really would…..especially for a million bucks a year like she’s making at Fox. And could you imagine her going to work for one of those other networks that spent the last 4 years destroying her political career? Really, you can imagine that happening?

Fox, on the other hand, could replace her in an instant…or not replace her at all, and they wouldn’t miss a beat.

xblade on August 31, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Marcus Traianus on August 31, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Yes – she is not stupid – she is intellectually lazy. There is a difference. She has charisma, but has to figure out a way to use it in a meaningful way. Not just cheerlead.

CycloneCDB on August 31, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I think I’ve heard that expression before..:)

idesign on August 31, 2012 at 12:36 PM

A little irony makes the day so much more enjoyable. :-)

Mr. Arkadin on August 31, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Mr. Arkadin on August 31, 2012 at 12:45 PM

We’ve head your list of accomlishments a number of times, and again why should we care?

idesign on August 31, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Well this Palin thread just beat Romney speech thread for comments…LOL

idesign on August 31, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Given that it is an echo chamber of Palinstas, this should be considered a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Droopy on August 31, 2012 at 12:53 PM

The ratings for FNC are down for all their shows except for RedEye and Zahn was fired for breach of contract.

RickB on August 31, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Specically apparently Palin’s ratings are down…you don’t fire someone because their rating are up…unless you are Paula Zahn, that was the point.
It wasn’t just “breach of contract”, That’s a catchall phrase, since that was tried in court and thrown out…it was because she was talking to CNN…and when Fox found out she was canned, and she never regained the ratings she had with Fox, not even close, so it wasn’t just her, but the Fox system that worked.

That is what I was getting across, they dump you for a reason, and that the people at Fox have the rating also because it is Fox and they keep the right kind of standard to keep the ratings…when the ratings drop, it’s more than likely the individual.

right2bright on August 31, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Heard

idesign on August 31, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Well this Palin thread just beat Romney speech thread for comments…LOL

idesign on August 31, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Well that is because there is not much debate about Mitt, he is the candidate and he is doing well, so why should there be a lot of chatter…but Palin is dropping in being effective as a journalist, and her die hard fans are hanging on by their nails.

In one year, people will be stating “Remember when Sarah was on Fox?”…

right2bright on August 31, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Ted Cruz says Palins endorsement was Game Changing.

idesign on August 31, 2012 at 12:44 PM

He was being nice. He won by 14 points- he’d have managed without her.

Hollowpoint on August 31, 2012 at 12:57 PM

As I read the postings from Hot Air “experts” on whether or
not a million dollars a year for tv commentary is too much or not,
I am laughing hysterically.

What a bunch of numbnuts.

I am sure a million dollars seems like a lot to you couch potatoe
underachievers who are still waiting for someone to hand you your
golden ring.

She built it a$$hats! Take your jealousy to one of the lib sites
where it will be more appreciated.

Amjean on August 31, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Well this Palin thread just beat Romney speech thread for comments…LOL

idesign

And yet, she still isn’t the candidate, and still has no chance to be president. I guess you’ll have to continue to settle for whatever small victories you imagine you’ve won.

xblade on August 31, 2012 at 12:59 PM

That may be a failure of imagination on your part, because the industry runs on anal scrutiny of ratings.

bgoldman on August 31, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Mr. Arkadin on August 31, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Seems most here think Marxism is just something to bash Obama with. They do not seem to actually understand how dangerous it really is. They do not seem to understand that socialism leads to socialism once socialism breaks the bank which it always does.

Steveangell on August 31, 2012 at 1:01 PM

J.E. Dyer on August 31, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Your posts on the Palin threads tend to be spot on, no exception on this one.

The ‘cuda will be appearing at an investor’s conference with Dr. Krauthammer in late October. Hopefully, afterward he’ll express his impression/evaluation honestly. Should be interesting. He thought the behavior at the health care town halls in poor taste originally, but reassessed them more favorably later.

wolfsDad on August 31, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Palin needs fox like a dog needs fleas.
Two major mistakes have been made. The first is not giving her a prime time slot at the rnc. The second was canceling her on night two.

RWRFAN on August 31, 2012 at 1:06 PM

It’s hilarious that the Mittwits are concerned about every thing Sarah Palin does..:)

Yet they keep telling us she’s irrelevant…LOL

idesign on August 31, 2012 at 1:06 PM

And another thing – how dumb are some of you?

Fox doesn’t want to pay Palin what she is worth so they play
their little hardball game which backfired on them. Then they
“leak” to the media that Palin’s ratings are down as justification
for their actions.

What about “BIG MEDIA LIE” do you not get?

Every day I am more convinced that the
reason we are saddled with Obama is that critical thinking
ability is missing in our voter mass.

Amjean on August 31, 2012 at 1:08 PM

wolfsDad on August 31, 2012 at 1:03 PM

That should really be interesting, Sarah Palin is one busy lady..:)

idesign on August 31, 2012 at 1:09 PM

He was being nice. He won by 14 points- he’d have managed without her.

Hollowpoint on August 31, 2012 at 12:57 PM

But if he’d lost you’d probably be blaming Palin.

katiejane on August 31, 2012 at 1:12 PM

xblade on August 31, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Did you just call Corporate Piggy a ‘nista? You are in deep sh!t now!

Cindy Munford on August 31, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Yet they keep telling us she’s irrelevant…LOL

idesign on August 31, 2012 at 1:06 PM

I simply stated that following a GOP win, she would become irrelevant. I don’t give a damn about what she does. Kinda symptomatic of advancing irrelevance.

P.S. “LOL”, You keep using that word (incessantly). I do not think it means what you think it means.

Droopy on August 31, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Saw this posted at Right Scoop..:)

What a load of crap! This is the person who can tweet or write a Facebook note and still get covered by every media outlet from Peoria to Pakistan, from Beijing to Bakersfield. She needs Fox News like a fish needs a unicycle. What a laff!!”

idesign on August 31, 2012 at 1:16 PM

And another thing – how dumb are some of you?

Fox doesn’t want to pay Palin what she is worth so they play
their little hardball game which backfired on them. Then they
“leak” to the media that Palin’s ratings are down as justification
for their actions.

What about “BIG MEDIA LIE” do you not get?

Every day I am more convinced that the
reason we are saddled with Obama is that critical thinking
ability is missing in our voter mass.

Amjean on August 31, 2012 at 1:08 PM

…says the “critical thinker” (you) that believes that there is a million-dollar market for a commodity (Palin) that has only one buyer (Fox).

Ailes mistake was that he bought at the top of the market for Sarah, when she used to drive ratings. There wasn’t another bidder back then, but his ratings were higher with her than without.

Now – there is no other bidder – and she does not drive ratings. I was a huge ‘Cuda fan 4 years ago. Now – for reasons stated above – I have largely tuned her out. So have many others. Plenty of folks I knew that were Palin fans before are just indifferent to her now. Not negative – just indifferent.

She needs to find a way to be more relevant to the conversation – not just cheerlead.

CycloneCDB on August 31, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Droopy on August 31, 2012 at 1:15 PM

LMAO

idesign on August 31, 2012 at 1:19 PM

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Can’t know since she refused to get off the pot and jump in.

William Teach on August 31, 2012 at 1:20 PM

You are in deep sh!t now!

Cindy Munford on August 31, 2012 at 1:12 PM

You keep using that kind of language and I’m going to become aroused.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Can’t know since she refused to get off the pot and jump in.

William Teach on August 31, 2012 at 1:20 PM

So, what you’re saying is that you actually know nothing about what her staff knew in terms of polling and research, and you’re just acting as if you knew she could magically compete in some political race.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2012 at 1:21 PM

CycloneCDB on August 31, 2012 at 1:18 PM

CNN would sign her in a heartbeat if they could get her..:)

idesign on August 31, 2012 at 1:22 PM

MMmmm, maybe it’s because her draw was because she was looked at (DUH) as a potential Presidential candidate?

Maybe it’s because she was the sole gop voice of reason and sanity back in the early years of the Obama term (2009,2010)?

Maybe it’s because people have moved on from the “death panels” and now just someone that might actually RUN, WIN and DO something about it (instead of complain about it from Facebook)?

Maybe it’s because she’s turned herself and her daughter and husband into a Conservative reality show that could be called “KODIAK SHORE” where you just wonder who’s next on what show? Trig?

She made a whopping mistake when she:

1. quit her job.

2. went on that bus tour for no apparent reason.

3. teased everyone and then bailed on the Levin show last year.

Now?……….she’s just another hawt talking head on Fox.

Thanks Gov Palin. You took the slings and arrows but you let the media define you and now you’re 2008.

Now if Obama pulls out a win?…….her stock may yet rise again.

PappyD61 on August 31, 2012 at 1:22 PM

So are Juan Williams ratings high enough to justify his salary? After his rather obnoxious statement about Mrs. Romney I would think he would be the one to go.

Rose on August 31, 2012 at 1:25 PM

xblade on August 31, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Did you just call Corporate Piggy a ‘nista? You are in deep sh!t now!

Cindy Munford on August 31, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Lol! It will probably work out fine for them. A cultist calling a hater a ‘nista. Good times and quite funny. Of course the irony will escape them. ; )

Bmore on August 31, 2012 at 1:25 PM

idesign on August 31, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Why are you sticking your nose into a conversation that I am not having with you? Don’t you have a neighbor you can go complain about?

But since you stuck your snout in:

A) you’ve never heard my list of accomplishments before because I’ve never posted them.

B) you shouldn’t care, and I didn’t ask you to.

Mr. Arkadin on August 31, 2012 at 1:25 PM

PappyD61 on August 31, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Hey grandpa..:)

“Politics is down stream of popular culture…”

-—Breitbart

Maybe you’re just to old to understand it…

idesign on August 31, 2012 at 1:26 PM

CNN would sign her in a heartbeat if they could get her..:)

idesign on August 31, 2012 at 1:22 PM

To use her as a pinata? Sure. I don’t think that’s the kind of work she’s looking for.

CycloneCDB on August 31, 2012 at 1:29 PM

It’s strange, and it looks more like personal animus than business sense.

I think Mitt Romney is behind it.

/sarc

You know, I’m going to play Bilderberg here.

Let’s say Romney is going Progressive (like he did in the Bay state) after January. Now, since they have changed the rules in the gop to have Romney control who the delegates are in the states it’s going to make it harder to launch a coup inside the party (ala what Reagan almost pulled off against Ford in 1976). So if he can shut Palin out and get her off the television when she might lead a Tea Party insurrection in 2016…….

Hey. I didn’t start the post. :-)

PappyD61 on August 31, 2012 at 1:29 PM

So are Juan Williams ratings high enough to justify his salary?

Well played.

PappyD61 on August 31, 2012 at 1:31 PM

CycloneCDB on August 31, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I would partially agree and believe you are right in essence. Perhaps I would not say intellectually “lazy”. But she appears to lack intellectual curiosity or cohesiveness and therefore struggles to articulate he thoughts. There needs to be a much more crisp, concise delivery with her famous impassioned mannerism.

But what do I know, she’s the one with a $1 million contract.

Marcus Traianus on August 31, 2012 at 1:32 PM

B) you shouldn’t care, and I didn’t ask you to.

Mr. Arkadin on August 31, 2012 at 1:25 PM

BS!

Maybe you’re getting senile?

I’ve seen you brag about your sh*t before, and you initially stated in your comment that you didn’t want to brag then stated pretty much what you posted today. You might want to think about it before you reply..:)

idesign on August 31, 2012 at 1:32 PM

CycloneCDB on August 31, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I am glad you aren’t dumb enough to mention yourself as a critical
that term except a poser) either.

Amjean on August 31, 2012 at 1:37 PM

There is no story here, except for her Facebook, that echoed through
the Blogosphere, and forced them to reconsider.

narciso on August 31, 2012 at 1:43 PM

right2bright on August 31, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Hey not2bright..:)

idesign on August 31, 2012 at 1:46 PM

But what do I know, she’s the one with a $1 million contract.

Marcus Traianus on August 31, 2012 at 1:32 PM

I think that’s a better way of putting it. She “lacks intellectualy curiosity” which translates to her not really getting my mind spinning either.

I agree with most of what she says – however – I can only nod my head for about 3.5 years before my neck starts to hurt. I don’t harbor any ill will toward her – I just don’t go out of my way to watch her segments on FNC anymore. I used to make a point to watch when she was going to be on (usually Greta). Not so much now.

I am glad you aren’t dumb enough to mention yourself as a critical
that term except a poser) either.

Amjean on August 31, 2012 at 1:37 PM

You should read what you post. It’s kinda creepy.

First off – the term is “poseur”. Get a dictionary (and a clue).

Secondl – what are you, in 10th grade? I didn’t claim to be the chief of her fan club (a post you are clearly making a run at). I said I was a fan. Is there a card I am supposed to carry? A tattoo? What? How, oh wise one, shall I prove my authenticity to you so I can retroactively prove my devotion to Sarah?

Holy smokes – freak.

CycloneCDB on August 31, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Steveangell on August 31, 2012 at 12:39 PM

What will be interesting will be to see how the ratings play out next week during the DNC. Will MSNBC be able to overcome its usual ratings disadvantage relative to Fox News with a lot more Democrats tuning in?

J.S.K. on August 31, 2012 at 1:47 PM

FoxNews has been drifting leftward for a while now and if you listen to their radio news blurbs they are indistinguishable from the left stream media. First hey fired Beck; then Chris Wallace begins an interview with Michele Bachmann by asking her “just how much of a flake are you?”; now this flap with Palin. And with each incident I find myself watching Fox less and less..and then there’s Shepard Smith insulting Christian viewers by pushing his perverted and bizarre agenda. Add to that Hiraldo, Juan Williams, Bob Beckle and you come close to the insanity of MSDNC! Roger, just how much of a flake are you?!!!

devan95 on August 31, 2012 at 1:48 PM

I’ve read this whole dammed thread and know less than when I started. But,…I should know better than to click on one of these by now.

a capella on August 31, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Bmore on August 31, 2012 at 1:25 PM

And it’s free entertainment. Well other than the internet connection.

Cindy Munford on August 31, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Well this Palin thread just beat Romney speech thread for comments…LOL

idesign

Only because the same half dozen obsessed Palin cult members, like yourself, post over and over and over in any Palin thread.

Moesart on August 31, 2012 at 1:49 PM

BS!

Maybe you’re getting senile?

idesign on August 31, 2012 at 1:32 PM

I’m not the one going senile. Perhaps you should trade yourself in for a redesign, as it were. Please quote where I said I didn’t want to brag about myself.

Never mind, you don’t have to. That would require effort, and reading comprehension. To be clear, I don’t, and didn’t. Especially since I have nothing to brag about; a rather ordinary life, by any standard. That’s the point.

I was responding to this,

HerneTheHunter on August 31, 2012 at 12:24 PM

a post by someone who insulted me, and dared me to write about myself rather than insult his/her goddess Sarah Palin behind the veil of anonymity. Well, I did, and now I’m still waiting for his/her bio.

Are you at work? Can’t you go find a coworker to gossip about? You seem to like to get into business that has nothing to do with you.

Mr. Arkadin on August 31, 2012 at 1:49 PM

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2012 at 1:20 PM

LOL! I do like happy people!

Cindy Munford on August 31, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Rose on August 31, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I don’t know what does Juan Williams make?

Buttercup on August 31, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Unless she runs -for something, anything, congress 2014- she is done.

It has been an awfully long fifteen minutes.

M240H on August 31, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Droopy on August 31, 2012 at 1:15 PM

This is absolutely wrong. The GOP win, but it will be because the TEA Party members brought them across the finish line; the same TEA Party members who are still planning to hold their feet to the fire. I applaud Romney for winning (especially after reading about his experience with the teen who had terminal cancer). But I fully expect to fight the GOP every single day to prevent “reaching across the aisle”.

We don’t trust the GOP. Let me repeat that since many Mitt supporters are sometimes tone deaf. WE DON’T TRUST THE GOP.

You are wrong about Palin’s irrelevance because many of us in the TEA Party movement know that she has been an effective early warning system, and many of us will still listen for those warnings even when “our” party is in power. Of any of the people wielding political influence, she is the only one that I know of that has been willing to clean out her own party of corrupt members.

This makes her even more relevant now that it appears our party has a good chance of ousting Obama… because integrity is not irrelevant! And we need to hold our party to the same (or better standards) that we chastise the other party for!

dominigan on August 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM

So the bloom is off the rose and her appearances are stale. She’ll move on to her next gig and survive. No reason to hate Fox News. They are in the business of news, not tripe and redundancy.

sherry on August 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Maybe she should join the Today show.

22044 on August 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Unless she runs -for something, anything, congress 2014- she is done.

It has been an awfully long fifteen minutes.

M240H on August 31, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Yea right…LOL

idesign on August 31, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Only because the same half dozen obsessed Palin Mitt cult members, like yourself, post over and over and over in any Palin thread.

Moesart on August 31, 2012 at 1:49 PM

This also applies.

dominigan on August 31, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Mr. Arkadin on August 31, 2012 at 1:49 PM

You posted your “accomplishments” a few months ago, so I don’t know under what thread it was. Don’t have any co-workers, I’m self employed..:)

idesign on August 31, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Bmore on August 31, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Sweetheart I’ve been laughing about this thread since the beginning.

A couple of people even went after Ed…

CorporatePiggy on August 31, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Mr. Arkadin on August 31, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Don’t have any co-workers, I’m self employed..:)

idesign on August 31, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Oh that’s right, you weren’t talking to me..:)

idesign on August 31, 2012 at 2:10 PM

You keep using that kind of language and I’m going to become aroused.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Oh, very classy.

I make a crack about Hannity and Joan of Alaska getting it on and you decide now is the right time to out yourself as a backdoor bandit?

Great.

CorporatePiggy on August 31, 2012 at 2:11 PM

sherry on August 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Look, it’s Romney Inc…

idesign on August 31, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Sarah shall not go silently into the night unless she chooses to…

RalphyBoy on August 31, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Didn’t miss Palin and her aw-shucks one pattern commentary.

Sherman1864 on August 31, 2012 at 2:14 PM

What a bunch of numbnuts.
I am sure a million dollars seems like a lot to you couch potatoe underachievers who are still waiting for someone to hand you your golden ring.
She built it a$$hats! Take your jealousy to one of the lib sites where it will be more appreciated.
Amjean on August 31, 2012 at 12:57 PM

And another thing – how dumb are some of you?
Amjean on August 31, 2012 at 1:08 PM

I am glad you aren’t dumb enough to mention yourself as a critical thinker. You haven’t a clue, nor any facts to back up your criticisms of Palin. I doubt you were a “Cuda Fan” (noone uses that term except a poser) either.
Amjean on August 31, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Ah yes only a true “critical thinker” will use such ponderous words as “numbnuts”, “couch potatoe underachievers”, “asshats!” and “poser” in the context of calling people dumb and clueless.
Are you 10 years old?

Buttercup on August 31, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Didn’t miss Palin and her aw-shucks one pattern commentary.

Sherman1864 on August 31, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Yet here you are..:)

idesign on August 31, 2012 at 2:15 PM

I’m finding a strange enjoyment from reading this thread.
Maybe something’s wrong w/ me – I usually don’t last too long at the QOTD threads…

22044 on August 31, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Oh, very classy.

CorporatePiggy on August 31, 2012 at 2:11 PM

First of all, Cindy is a friend. You’re probably not familiar with the concept, being a contemptible slimeball.

Secondly, my joke was good-natured towards Cindy. You haven’t a good-natured fiber of your being toward Palin, as you disgustingly imply illicit acts with others solely based on your elitist hatred of her.

Third, I don’t know what a “backdoor bandit” is, but unless it has something to do with making a flirtatious remark towards a female commenter, I’m guessing that you’re attempting to project your latent sexual confusion. You failed.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2012 at 2:16 PM

What a bunch of numbnuts.
She built it a$$hats! Take your jealousy to one of the lib sites
where it will be more appreciated.
Amjean on August 31, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Buttercup on August 31, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Maybe she should join the Today show.

22044 on August 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Shh. We’re not supposed to notice the ratings bump they got when she was on, though BOR having a go at minimizing it was kind of amusing.

wolfsDad on August 31, 2012 at 2:21 PM

What a bunch of numbnuts.
Amjean on August 31, 2012 at 12:57 PM

And another thing – how dumb are some of you?
Amjean on August 31, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Amjean on August 31, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Ah yes only a true critical thinker would use such ponderous words as “numbnuts”, “couch potatoe underachievers”, “asshats!”, and “poser” all the while calling people dumb and clueless. That is indeed the sign of a true intellectual. Are you 10?

Buttercup on August 31, 2012 at 2:22 PM

What a bunch of numbnuts.
Amjean on August 31, 2012 at 12:57 PM

And another thing – how dumb are some of you?
Amjean on August 31, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Amjean on August 31, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Ah yes only a true critical thinker would use such ponderous words as “numbnuts”, “couch potatoe underachievers”, “a$$hats!”, and “poser” all the while calling people dumb and clueless. That is indeed the sign of a true intellectual. Are you 10?

Buttercup on August 31, 2012 at 2:24 PM