Video: Susana Martinez lays claim to GOP future

posted at 10:41 am on August 30, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

I wrote earlier about the Twitter reaction from the media after Condoleezza Rice’s powerful, moving speech, speculating on her future as a Republican candidate for President or VP.  The conventional wisdom holds that a person who engages in a prime-time effort at a national convention (and especially one who delivers as Rice did) has a burning desire to use the speech as a springboard for a future election.  That was certainly true for Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, but Rice could have had the #2 slot this time, I suspect, if she truly desired it.  She could have run for President this time too, or for the Senate in California against Diane Feinstein.  Rice has never shown any desire for electoral office; I’d bet she might aspire to a place in the Romney administration, but even that might not appeal to Rice a second time around.

The evening did feature a woman who laid claim to the GOP future, though she didn’t get the same speculation as did Rice.  New Mexico Governor Susana Martinez, the nation’s first female Hispanic governor,  introduced herself to American voters across the nation last night in an emotional, humorous, and powerful speech.  The most affecting portion came when she told the story of how she came to realize that she was a Republican:

I fear some of our leaders today have lost the courage to stand up.  What we have now are politicians.  They won’t offer real plans, and only stand up when they want to blame someone else.

And I don’t say that just because a Democrat is in the White House, I was a Democrat for many years, so were my parents.

Before I ran for district attorney, two Republicans invited my husband and me to lunch, and I knew a party switch was exactly what they wanted.  So, I told Chuck, “We’ll be polite, enjoy a free lunch, and then say good-bye.”  But we talked about issues — they never used the words Republican or Democrat, conservative or liberal.  We talked about many issues, like welfare, is it the way of life or hand up? Talked about size of government, how much should it tax families and small businesses?  And when we left that lunch, we got in the car and I looked over at Chuck and said,  “I’ll be damned. We’re Republicans.”

Martinez’ story plays into one of the compelling themes of the convention, which asks voters to reconsider their partisan affiliation.  That won’t work with the Chris Matthewses of the world, obviously, but they aren’t the audience.  I mean that literally; on the NBC News website, the page that lists the Wednesday night speeches at the convention doesn’t have Martinez mentioned at all.  Martinez spoke to those whose Democratic leanings are more habit than purposeful, who have found themselves dissatisfied by Hope and Change, and whose core values come much closer to the individual empowerment and economic freedom of the GOP.

Her message of Todo es posible will resonate with these voters.  It’s also a good description of Martinez’ future in the GOP.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

lorien1973 on August 30, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Ohhh, right, name calling. That really solves quandaries about nuclear fission.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I come from a whole family of people like you. Hyper sensitive, and always gotta’ be correcting somebody for something.

I call ‘em “bossy poops”.

listens2glenn on August 30, 2012 at 11:22 AM

More seriously, when do we get the point where Martinez is simply introduced as Governor of New Mexico and not as “the nation’s first female Hispanic governor.” In short when do we dispense with such labels?

Happy Nomad on August 30, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Labeling will continue with both parties as long as they perceive it offers an advantage in votes. The unfortunate upshot of that is eventually we end up with many politicians elected because of gender and ethnicity instead of capability and integrity.

a capella on August 30, 2012 at 11:22 AM

And when we left that lunch, we got in the car and I looked over at Chuck and said, “I’ll be damned. We’re Republicans.”

Why does she declare she’ll “be damned”? Weird, crude and just wrong declaration by Martinez. Gave me the creeps to hear it.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Actually, it’s exactly the way a former Democrat would respond, if you think about it. That’s certainly what her former Democratic colleagues would be doing(damning).

JimK on August 30, 2012 at 11:21 AM

She sounded far more Leftwing than she did “Republican” as per your insight there, you’re right.

But I don’t think (what you suggest there) was her perspective, I just think she let out her Leftwing speech/state of mind there.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:22 AM

TXUS on August 30, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Uh-oh…that might be considered as…creepy…I bet y’all thought I was going to write racist. It may be.

cozmo on August 30, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I don’t think the networks have the nerve to air the first night’s events, but we shall see.

sherry on August 30, 2012 at 11:19 AM

I never underestimate the Fifth Column Treasonous Media. I fully expect MSNBC to air every word from every speaker with fawning worship from their baby unicorn eyes….

Turtle317 on August 30, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Martinez spoke crudely. It shouldn’t be praised.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:14 AM

take the stick out of your @$$ sweetheart.

GhoulAid on August 30, 2012 at 11:23 AM

No, I’m not “an idiot.” But you may be for making such a slur.

I already made the point, her speech was good, not great, but her closing creepy reference of being “damned” while discovering she was “Republican” was a very stupid, wrongheaded thing for her to say. I had higher expectations from someone who makes claim to her credentials.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Girl, put the bottle (or whatever is impairing your thoughts) down. You are making an azz of yourself.

VegasRick on August 30, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:21 AM

How did you want her to end the story?

“Chuck, we’re Republicans. Now put the car in drive.”

sherry on August 30, 2012 at 11:23 AM

YEAHHHHHH ! ! ! . . . . . . . . . page two Bishop !

( crickets chirping )

listens2glenn on August 30, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Poor woman is so naive and lacking of self awareness that she is incapable of detecting the boiling racial and ethnic animus and code words being bandied about.

Let’s hear Chris Matthews articulate the subtext and coded language meme he and the left continue to defame both minorities and the GOP.

Common Chris, tell it like it is. These minorities are nothing but slack jawed rubes, so socially and intellectually incapacitated as to need an intervention.

R Square on August 30, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I don’t see how it is possible that a married adult American running for distict attorney wouldn’t know what the different positions of the two sides are.

edshepp on August 30, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Another thing: we don’t need “immigration reform.”

Something Martinez tried condemning Obama for not doing, implying she/”we” the GOP should do or would do.

WHY does that demand ALWAYS come up from within the context of “being Hispanic”?

They’ve got ethnicity. Big deal, everyone has ethnicity. But not one ethnicity merits violating our laws and being rewarded for it, unlike this whole “we need immigration reform” mantra. We don’t need “it” — we need better law enforcement and cultural education within people who assume they’re entitled to bypass our laws.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:25 AM

I call ‘em “bossy poops”.

listens2glenn on August 30, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Remember that great impression Dana Carver does of the Church Lady?

a capella on August 30, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Lourdes, you are not a Troll or a Lefty or a Proggie Plant!

You are simply a damn Anal-Retentive Grammar Czar.

Now please Go Away and let the Adults converse!

Old Dog on August 30, 2012 at 11:26 AM

How did you want her to end the story?

“Chuck, we’re Republicans. Now put the car in drive.”

sherry on August 30, 2012 at 11:23 AM

“Let’s go back and steal the tip”
*obambi voter

VegasRick on August 30, 2012 at 11:26 AM

She was so great !!

One thing hubby & I are taking away from this convention is just HOW MANY fabulous, SUCCESSFUL Governors we have in this party !! No matter how screwed up the rest of their states’ legislatures might be, these Gov’s deserve our respect and support for accomplishing so much with what they’re handed.
Our system works, every time it’s tried !!
The opposite is true of the left’s ideology.
WONDERFUL to see and learn about !!

pambi on August 30, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:25 AM

I got a better idea. Why not enforce the f’n law?

Turtle317 on August 30, 2012 at 11:27 AM

YEAHHHHHH ! ! ! . . . . . . . . . page two Bishop !

( crickets chirping )

listens2glenn on August 30, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Catch as catch can.

Just to quiet the crickets.

Jabberwock on August 30, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Show us all how much smarter you are than us and put your money where your mouth is. Go big time.

Run for office and become the law maker.

Or continue to play the fool with a smaller audience.

cozmo on August 30, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:21 AM

How did you want her to end the story?

“Chuck, we’re Republicans. Now put the car in drive.”

sherry on August 30, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Well, that’d be better than what she did say.

She could have said a myriad of decent and uplifting, encouraging things, like “this is wonderful, we’re Republicans” or “wow, you know what, we’re Republicans” or any number of far more decent things than what she did say.

Referring to onesself and mate as being “damned” in regards to the moment you become Republicans is just utterly bad speech.

Maybe she IS damned, who knows, but her speech within the context and from the context that she made it, it was just wrong, stupid, careless speech.

I don’t like her after hearing that. It’s like opening a plane’s forward cabin door and finding a pilot sleeping on the floor or having a drunken jag.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:29 AM

I’m not sure why you use the word “creepy”. She told her story with humor and honesty in a way people appreciate and respect it. It was extremely effective in that she probably gave some diehard liberals “permission” to cross the line as she did. That was not only effective, it was brilliant.

sherry on August 30, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I had the same “I’ll be damned momemnt in the 70′s with Reagan.

rotorjoe on August 30, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Another thing: we don’t need “immigration reform.”

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:25 AM

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .“~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./…..\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>–
( It’ll be over soon, it’ll be over soon, it’ll be over soon, it’ll be over soon, it’ll be over soon . . . . . )

listens2glenn on August 30, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I had the same “I’ll be damned momemnt in the 70′s with Reagan.

rotorjoe on August 30, 2012 at 11:29 AM

I’m jealous. I didn’t get the chance for Reagan to convert me. Carter did that.

cozmo on August 30, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Run for office and become the law maker.

Or continue to play the fool with a smaller audience.

cozmo on August 30, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Why show you anything? Because you’re threatened and scared and throwing amoebas around?

You’re a petty idiot, owed nothing from me. Except an apology for your ridiculous lies elsewhere about me.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Lourdes – you are way over the top on this one.

oldroy on August 30, 2012 at 11:31 AM

listens2glenn on August 30, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Sometimes you have to bring out the big guns.

As for being over soon, she can keep this up for hours. I suggest working in shifts.

cozmo on August 30, 2012 at 11:32 AM

listens2glenn on August 30, 2012 at 11:30 AM

What, no cartoons of cats? Maybe cozmo can send you some of his glue. You can use it to glue your other hand to your keyboard and imagine that’s your head. Again.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:32 AM

listens2glenn on August 30, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Sometimes you have to bring out the big guns.

cozmo on August 30, 2012 at 11:32 AM

You don’t work, do you, cozmo?

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:33 AM

( crickets chirping )

listens2glenn on August 30, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Catch as catch can.

Just to quiet the crickets.

Jabberwock on August 30, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I guess that worked on here, but the ones in my garage are still sounding-off like hang.

listens2glenn on August 30, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Except an apology for your ridiculous lies elsewhere about me.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Tell you what; find one and I will.

Or, are you lying…again.

cozmo on August 30, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I disagree. I got a great chuckle out of it, myself. I think you are seeing only what you wish to see here.

Turtle317 on August 30, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Lourdes – you are way over the top on this one.

oldroy on August 30, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Do me a favor, call up the New Mexico Governor’s office and yell, “I’ll be damned, I’m a Republican” or write a letter with that in it to your District Attorney.

Tell me what the reaction is afterward…

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:34 AM

You don’t work, do you, cozmo?

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Well, when you love what you do, you don’t think of it as work.

But yes, I do.

cozmo on August 30, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Except an apology for your ridiculous lies elsewhere about me.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Tell you what; find one and I will.

Or, are you lying…again.

cozmo on August 30, 2012 at 11:33 AM

YOU are the liar, cozmo and it’s been proven that you are a liar.

A ridiculous, time-sucking liar.

One thing just decided, though: after not filing an abuse complaint about your lies on another forum, I’ve now decided to do it complete with a “take down” notice.

You’re a reckless, careless, irresponsible liar and if I posted the history with proof of just why I know that about you, other people would conclude the same about you.

You maintain here this false personna of being “funny” but you aren’t. You’re irresponsble, reckless and a liar.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:37 AM

You don’t work, do you, cozmo?

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Well, when you love what you do, you don’t think of it as work.

But yes, I do.

cozmo on August 30, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I DON’T, I DON’T . . . . . . currently on disability. ( s i g h )

listens2glenn on August 30, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I think Lourdes’ point is that Gov Martinez shouldn’t have told us what she really said. She should have lied and given us a composite conversation of how she wanted us to think happened. You know, like a Democrat. It’s a big f***in’ deal.

Let’s face it, saying “I’ll be damned” IS creepy. It’s far from something that’s non-creepy, like eating dogs.

TugboatPhil on August 30, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:37 AM

…somebody off his meds?

Turtle317 on August 30, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:37 AM

You wouldn’t DARE.

listens2glenn on August 30, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Lourdes hates Sarah Palin with fiery passion. Of course she was going to hate Susana Martínez as well. She feels threatened by conservative women who are smarter, prettier, and more appealing than she is.

steebo77 on August 30, 2012 at 11:39 AM

You don’t work, do you, cozmo?

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Well, when you love what you do, you don’t think of it as work.

But yes, I do.

cozmo on August 30, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Liar.

Ohhh, wait, you “teach” at a junior college when you’re not lying on the internet about the professional work of other people you know nothing about but are compelled to lie about anyway. As IF you’re an expert on accomplishments you were never involved in with people you never knew or worked with.

Pity the fools who are exposed to your “teaching”.

I guess it’s all of two hours a week, right? I mean, otherwise, you must use your “class” to type comments here 24/7.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:40 AM

steebo77 on August 30, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Enter the psychotic drug dealer. ^^

I realize you think you can read minds, but you can’t.

What’s in my mind and emoitons isn’t what you “think” you “know”.

Still pushing drugs here and elsewhere?

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:37 AM

This may be adios compadres, lourdes wants me gone. It must be so.

cozmo on August 30, 2012 at 11:42 AM

steebo77 on August 30, 2012 at 11:39 AM

You’re psychotic.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:43 AM

steebo77 on August 30, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Makes that much clearer for me now, Steebo. Thanks. I’ve never understood why there is so much hate for women who can be all of the above, who work HARD to be where they are, and then catch the raw, unmitigated hatred that they do…

…makes me respect people like Martinez, Palin, and Love for that matter that much more.

Turtle317 on August 30, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:37 AM

This may be adios compadres, lourdes wants me gone. It must be so.

cozmo on August 30, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Do yourself a favor and write a public retraction of your lies, admit that you’ve lied when you do, on the site/s where you’ve been lying and implying your crooked conspiratorial ideas about my work if not others’. Then apologize for doing so and try to forgive yourself afterward. Until you do, you’re slinking around in your lies and bad character. Writing links to youtube videos week in and week out on comments here won’t change your situation, and that is, you’re a liar, and destructive.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Martinez spoke crudely. It shouldn’t be praised.

Lourdes

You are an idiot. You should be mocked.

xblade on August 30, 2012 at 11:46 AM

listens2glenn on August 30, 2012 at 11:33 AM

No. That’s just Lourdes carrying on.

Jabberwock on August 30, 2012 at 11:46 AM

steebo77 on August 30, 2012 at 11:39 AM

You’re psychotic.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:43 AM

After the rant you’ve been on, this is a little “pot meet kettle”.

Bitter Clinger on August 30, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Lourdes despises Sarah Palin and Puerto Ricans and their hair accessories:

Yes, the head poof, that hair bump she plumps on top her head, somewhat unreasonably. It’s weird, not like you see many people walking around with that head-poof thing except among Puerto Ricans in New York and a few ladies in New Jersey.

Certainly not “envious” of her hair poof, wouldn’t wear such a thing, anywhere.

Lourdes on June 21, 2011 at 9:22 AM

Perhaps her antipathy extends elsewhere.

steebo77 on August 30, 2012 at 11:48 AM

You’re psychotic.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:43 AM

You’re a ghoul.

steebo77 on August 30, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Lourdes

I think we’ve found Harry Reid’s source, folks.

xblade on August 30, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Turtle317 on August 30, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Don’t be so quick to follow the irrational claims of psychos.

Steebo77 is projecting his/her own poor state of mind. If he/she wasn’t, they’d never presume to declare what other people (me, in this case) “feel” and “think.”

Steebo77 is a cad, male or female, obsessed with a politician and assumes strangers have qualities that almost certainly Steebo77 has (otherwise, why her/his projection about things they can’t know about others).

Steebo77 is a psycho. I don’t often think about “Sarah Palin” and when I do, there’s nothing even approaching “hate” about her or any other female or male on the “Conservative” side of things.

Steebo77 just needs to assert the name and the lies and do what psychos do and that is act out.

I have no “feelings” about Martinez except what I heard her say last night and about which I have already, abundantly expressed one salient point.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:50 AM

steebo77 on August 30, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Enter the psychotic drug dealer. ^^

I realize you think you can read minds, but you can’t.

What’s in my mind and emoitons isn’t what you “think” you “know”.

Still pushing drugs here and elsewhere?

Lourdes
on August 30, 2012 at 11:41 AM

You are turning into (or already were) a hyper-emotional version of Dr Tesla.

listens2glenn on August 30, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Lourdes

I think we’ve found Harry Reid’s source, folks.

xblade on August 30, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Yes, cozmo likely shares the same thought bubbles as does Reid.

If you knew what “cozmo” is responsible for, you wouldn’t be so quick to avoid kicking him in the arse.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:41 AM

You are turning into (or already were) a hyper-emotional version of Dr Tesla.

listens2glenn on August 30, 2012 at 11:50 AM

More name-calling! But I still don’t see your photos of cats.

Tesla account is sometimes crude, I agree about that after last week’s commenting, but it’s no more crude than what you’re writing here as do others.

Some of you pack it on about those you target but your own behaviors are almost always worse than those you target; at least as bad as…

Tesla’s quirky and raw, I agree about that. I don’t agree with his/her opinions nor yours. Big deal.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:51 AM

And you called me a hater.

Bitter Clinger on August 30, 2012 at 11:54 AM

stand up when they want to blame someone else.

Before I ran for district attorney, two Republicans invited my husband and me to lunch, and I knew a party switch was exactly what they wanted. So, I told Chuck

Boy, is she an idiot, or what?

- NBC edited tape

pain train on August 30, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Oh, PLEASE do share.

pambi on August 30, 2012 at 11:54 AM

“Lourdes” is a damned psychotic fraud. Why are you idiots even wasting time addressing her?

rayra on August 30, 2012 at 11:55 AM

You’re psychotic.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:43 AM

You’re a ghoul.

steebo77 on August 30, 2012 at 11:48 AM

No, I’m a human being. But you’re still a purveyor of drugs and lies.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Okay sweetie, back this up or be shown as a liar.

I NEVER take credit for the work of others.

If you can show me to be a liar or thief (take credit for others work), I will at the very least apologize.

Since you made this accusation, the onus is upon you to back up your libelous attack on my character. An attack which is most likely against the terms of use here.

Time to put up, or shut up.

cozmo on August 30, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Lourdes, discovering you are a Republican after being a lifelong democrat evokes the phrase “I’ll be damned”.

Strolling up the aisle of the airplane, flinging open the cockpit door and finding the drunk pilot passed out on the floor evokes the phrase “what the f_ck”

I hope that puts it into perspective for you.

sherry on August 30, 2012 at 11:56 AM

rayra on August 30, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Because she’s SOO close to …. So close !!

pambi on August 30, 2012 at 11:57 AM

rayra on August 30, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Now I’m more than sure Martinez is quirky and creepy, too, after all these absurd and ugly freakouts here by her fans.

And she started out so nicely and yet look what her supporters have degenerated into.

Go ahead, call yourselves “damned” all you want. It doesn’t mean the rest of us will or can respect it.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:57 AM

rayra on August 30, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Because she’s SOO close to …. So close !!

pambi on August 30, 2012 at 11:57 AM

When you guys have finished throwing up this morning, go brush your teeth and hug your family and avoid telling them how you’ve behaved here earlier.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Don’t be so quick to follow the irrational claims of psychos.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Speaking of irrational claims and psychos, I enter into evidence the epic 17-hour, 21-page Lourdes meltdown of June 20-21, 2011.

Really, Lourdes. I know you can’t control your circumstances, but you really do need to learn to control how you react to your circumstances.

steebo77 on August 30, 2012 at 11:59 AM

No, I’m a human being. But you’re still a purveyor of drugs and lies.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Are you accusing me of drug dealing? What’s next? Accusations of child abuse (you’ve already been taken to task for that in the past by the administrators of this site)?

steebo77 on August 30, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Okay sweetie, back this up or be shown as a liar.

I NEVER take credit for the work of others.

Time to put up, or shut up.

cozmo on August 30, 2012 at 11:56 AM

You lied about MY work. I never said you took credit for my work, I said you lied about my work and you’ve written elsewhere that my work credits are not my own but belong to others.

Which is absurd, since the work in question was both witnessed by others when it was done by me and it’s very well known by those for whom I did the work that I did the work.

You’re jealous and petty and making statements in public about my work and me to wrongly state that my work isn’t mine.

Meanwhile, you’re not involved in my work, have never been involved in my work, and otherwise don’t know what the heck you’re even talking about when you opine about my work. Except that you seem to have some compulsion to lie about me on the internet, for whatever your petty, unhappy condition may be cause.

Some people call that “sta lking”… that means, you.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 12:02 PM

listens2glenn on August 30, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Last time it lasted 21 hours before Allahpundit had to shut her down.

steebo77 on August 30, 2012 at 12:02 PM

cozmo on August 30, 2012 at 11:56 AM

You started this.

The responsibility is yours for acting out against a total stranger (me) and defaming me or trying to with writing utter garbage/lies about me and my work on the internet, as IF you were somehow involved or knowledgeable about me and my work, and you aren’t and never have been.

And why do you continue to refer to me as “sweetie”? Seems sta lkerish to me.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 12:04 PM

listens2glenn on August 30, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Last time it lasted 21 hours before Allahpundit had to shut her down.

steebo77 on August 30, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Your Palin website must not be getting much traffic, steebo77. It’s a shame AP won’t remove your drug-promoting comments, though.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 12:05 PM

What are you talking about?

steebo77 on August 30, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Oh, well, my take on Martinez’ crude remark has been well stated.

That’s what the post is about, that’s what I had to comment about it, on Page 1 of comments.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 12:06 PM

What are you talking about?

steebo77 on August 30, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Your psychotic drug references attempting to ridicule me in earlier comments. Also a few I read from you on other sites trying to do the same about the site authors and/or other commenters there.

But you know that already.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Backing off already?

You threw down this gauntlet, you back it up or be exposed as libelous lying scum.

As you claimed, you have reported this thread to management. If you cannot defend your accusations, you may be calling for your own banning.

cozmo on August 30, 2012 at 12:07 PM

edshepp on August 30, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Go ask the Hillary supporters that switched sides in 2008. Go ask Artur Davis.

redridinghood on August 30, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Oh, well, my take on Martinez’ crude remark has been well stated.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Oh yes, all knowing one, you win.
*VR moves to another thread.

VegasRick on August 30, 2012 at 12:08 PM

listens2glenn on August 30, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Last time it lasted 21 hours before Allahpundit had to shut her down.

steebo77 on August 30, 2012 at 12:02 PM

It’s funny how you and others continue to rant about “17 hours, 17 hours, 17 hours” yet you all were there, too.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Last time it lasted 21 hours before Allahpundit had to shut her down.

steebo77 on August 30, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Oh geez…I wanted to come in here and chat about Gov. Martinez and her speech. Looks like I’ll pop back in in 20 hours or so! Loved it…from the .357 to the “I’ll be damned”. She was fabulous! Now let’s hope she can deliver a New Mexico win for us!

maables on August 30, 2012 at 12:09 PM

But you know that already.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 12:07 PM

You’re delusional.

steebo77 on August 30, 2012 at 12:09 PM

We can talk all we want about how good she was … and she was very good.

Low-information voters don’t watch CSPAN, PBS, and Fox News. Only these stations carried her speech (when I checked).

NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC all carried commercials and/or their talking-heads as they “previewed” the Ryan speech. MSNBC set up their viewers for the lies they were about to hear.

They are likely not to carry Clint Eastwood tonight. Only a few will cover the waning moments of Rubio’s speech if he is still talking at 10:10PM. Otherwise they’ll only preview Romney’s speech with the meme that it will be a complete failure if he comes off as an unenthusiastic speaker.

No matter what the outcome of Romney’s actual speech, they will inform their viewers that it, and he, were/was boring, vague, and packed with more lies.

Carnac on August 30, 2012 at 12:10 PM

listens2glenn on August 30, 2012 at 11:50 AM

More name-calling! But I still don’t see your photos of cats.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Nyahh nyahh de boo boo (raspberry).
Bossy poops. (more name calling)

listens2glenn on August 30, 2012 at 12:10 PM

maables on August 30, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Exactly.

VegasRick on August 30, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Yeah, but most of us went to bed or, like me, arrived upon the scene in the morning. You literally took no breaks. 17 hours straight of frothing at the mouth. It made several commenters concerned for your mental well being.

steebo77 on August 30, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 12:08 PM

How many “shifts” did that take, steebo’?

listens2glenn on August 30, 2012 at 12:12 PM

cozmo on August 30, 2012 at 12:07 PM

You’re a disgusting sta lker, cozmo and a disgusting liar.

Banning, not banned, I respect the site. If you can’t behave here but urge or cause the “banning” of others, it’s a case of your own bad character, not mind regardless of outcome.

I’ve been called “a ghoul,” “sweetie,” now “scum” and had to read various lies and gutter crud from you and others for years here and the responsibility for bad acting is certainly on you.

You’re a disgusting liar, cozmo. Without a retraction by you for your awful lies, you remain responsible for your indecent, destructive, disgusting words.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 12:12 PM

maables on August 30, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Exactly.

VegasRick on August 30, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Sorry y’all. Lying scum kind of ticks me off.

I want to know what kind of .357 she carried. Martinez, not the lying scum.

cozmo on August 30, 2012 at 12:12 PM

maables on August 30, 2012 at 12:09 PM

It was a great speech. I hope it does help the ticket in New Mexico, though it is a steep climb (about 12 points to make up in the polls).

steebo77 on August 30, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Geeze, sweetie, ya’ think repeating a lie like you do will make it true?

We ain’t brain damaged. You have to do better than that.

Like back up the libelous claim you made.

cozmo on August 30, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 12:08 PM

steebo77 on August 30, 2012 at 12:11 PM

I’ll just let your hysteria sit there in reprint for the sake of your hysteria. “Frothing,” indeed.

Any pictures or links for cats?

And how would you even know if I “took breaks” or didn’t? I recall someone complaining that I was “taking too long to respond” from page to page, so, you’re wrong again.

“17 hours, 17 hours, 17 hours…freakout!”

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 12:16 PM

“17 hours, 17 hours, 17 hours…freakout!”

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Yes, yes it was.

Are you gonna’ break your record this time?

cozmo on August 30, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Geeze, sweetie, ya’ think repeating a lie like you do will make it true?

We ain’t brain damaged. You have to do better than that.

Like back up the libelous claim you made.

cozmo on August 30, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I owe you no “backup” nor does anyone else. The lies you’ve made are well captured ALREADY on screen caps despite your now attepts to step around responsibility for them, which you know I know you know what you’ve done.

Go ahead, though, if you think trying to act cute gets you anywhere.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I really enjoyed her speech, certainly more that I enjoyed half of the others and I personally howled when she said “I’ll be damned. We’re Republicans.”

Her point was that as many people do she had always been told she was a democrat and never questioned it but once she really started voicing her beliefs she discovered she was a Republican! LOVED IT.

I have a granddaughter that calls herself a Republican and I always smile about it. She does this because our entire family is Republican and she just assumes she is one of us. The rest of us all know that inside she is a Liberal!

SgtRed on August 30, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 12:08 PM

steebo77
on August 30, 2012 at 12:11 PM

That’s another thing:

What kind of drugs did Lourdes use to keep at it, all that time?

listens2glenn on August 30, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Like back up the libelous claim you made.

cozmo on August 30, 2012 at 12:15 PM

YOU are the one who has made “libelous claim(s)” (plural, in your case).

Even a major publisher has documented the truth about my work, while fool-cozmo goes on and on and on in ridiculous forum commenting about his ideas to the contrary, big ole conspiracy, so you opine or have.

Pathetic.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Sorry y’all. Lying scum kind of ticks me off.

I want to know what kind of .357 she carried. Martinez, not the lying scum.

cozmo on August 30, 2012 at 12:12 PM

No need to apologize..the lying scum and trolls have made the boards very difficult to deal with lately. The .357 bit in her speech made me laugh. I have a friend that lives in the DFW area. Just last week she was at a gas station and some guy came up to her asking to see her feet… yes her feet! Strange fella! Anyway, she told him no but he was about to get a view of her concealed handgun. Gotta love a woman who is packing!

steebo77 on August 30, 2012 at 12:13 PM

One can hope! Being from Texas, we spend some time in New Mexico. It is a beautiful place, really makes me sad how many dems are there.

maables on August 30, 2012 at 12:21 PM

I owe you no “backup” nor does anyone else.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 12:19 PM

You and harry Ried…

lourdes, you are a liar and incapable of backing up claims you put forward as truth, and provable, during your libelous rants.

cozmo on August 30, 2012 at 12:22 PM

“17 hours, 17 hours, 17 hours…freakout!”

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Yes, yes it was.

Are you gonna’ break your record this time?

cozmo on August 30, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Is there a certain maximum number of comments allowed on these threads ?

listens2glenn on August 30, 2012 at 12:23 PM

steebo77 on August 30, 2012 at 12:11 PM

That’s another thing:

What kind of drugs did Lourdes use to keep at it, all that time?

listens2glenn on August 30, 2012 at 12:21 PM

To drug users, someone else (me, in this case) would just have to be “using drugs” to be functional past, what, five hours or something?

I don’t use “drugs”. But steebo77 seems to and certainly seems to know the names of several of them.

Why would you even write such a baseless assertion as that?

I’ve worked three days in the past and not had “drugs” so it’s all a case of what one’s trained to do.

It’s usually those who DO “use drugs” who are not capable of being alert or maintaining alertness past a few hours before they “need a break”…keep that in mind.

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Lourdes on August 30, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Liar

maables on August 30, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Dang, I’m in DFW and just started carrying again.

I am partial to .357′s and have a few.

cozmo on August 30, 2012 at 12:24 PM