The worst raaaaacism charge against Romney evah?

posted at 8:21 pm on August 30, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

Ron Fournier, editor in chief of National Journal, has taken time out of his busy day to pen a hit piece on Mitt Romney which really must be read to be believed. (Though you may want to brace yourself ahead of time with either strong drink or your acid reflux disease medicine.) Titled, Why (and How) Romney is Playing the Race Card, it appears that Ron feels he’s struck on the final, definitive, proof-positive that Romney is running for the position of Racist in Chief and is relying on all of those evil, secretly racist white people to hustle him into office while keeping their ignorant views on the Down Low.

Our story begins with the author speaking to two middle class, working guys. I should point out… white guys since Ron takes such pains to do so. And one of them is a childhood friend of his. They are discussing the question of “middle-class blacks and Hispanics are far more optimistic about their children’s future than are whites of the same economic status.

“What do you think the unemployment rate is among blacks? In Detroit, it’s probably 40 percent. If the unemployment rate is that high, why is it that they are so optimistic about their future and the future of their children?”

Benson paused, heard no reply, and answered his own question.

“Subsidization.”

There it is. The Macomb County buzz word for welfare, a synonym that rests on the tongues of the white middle class like sour milk.

And even though Ron takes pains to point out that these men “don’t use the N-word” and are not “filled with hate,” he decides to translate their words for them. (Including his friend.)

“It’s a generational apathy,” Miller said, “and they keep getting more and more (apathetic) because they don’t have to work. If they sleep all day and free money …”

” … Comes in the mail,” Benson said.

“… not in the mail anymore,” Miller said, “It’s in a magic card they can swipe.”

They poked at their egg yolks until Miller broke the silence. “I feel like a fool for not jumping on that shit and getting some (welfare) myself,” Miller said. “But I couldn’t sleep at night.”

I share this story to crack the code – the subtle language of distrust and prejudice that whites use to communicate deep-set fears, and that cynical politicians translate into votes. Translating Miller and Benson:

“Subsidization” = Welfare

“Generational Apathy” = Lazy

“They Slept All Day” = Blacks Sleep All Day

“I Feel Like a Fool” = I’m Mad As Hell

So Ron has decided to take these friends who he defines as people who don’t engage in hate speech and redefine their answers to his questions to make them racists. Why? Because he wants to talk about Mitt Romney’s opposition to the recent changes proposed to welfare rules by President Obama. Fournier dismisses the idea that “work is being removed from welfare” even though it flies in the face of the entirely vague, open door nature of the order. So since we’re not going to bother actually reading the rule and seeing what sort of “options” might be enacted by the states in such an open door situation, Ron finds another reason for Obama penning it.

Kaufman who I’ve known and respected for years, accused me of playing the race card — a fair point, strictly speaking, because I raised the question in a public setting: a joint interview with CBS’ John Dickerson before a large audience and live-streamed.

Still, Romney and his advisers stand by an ad they know is wrong — or, at the very least, they are carelessly ignoring the facts. That ad is exploiting the worst instincts of white voters — as predicted and substantiated by the Republican Party’s own polling.

In one overly wordy swipe, Ron throws his own friend under the bus for the sake of claiming that an advertisement on this subject by Romney doesn’t prove that Mitt is a racist. Oh no! He charges that working class white people across the country are racists, and Mitt is the disingenuous scam artist seeking to capitalize on their hatred for electoral advantage.

This, my friends, is what derangement and desperation look like.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

what’s the term for a real racist then?

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 9:38 PM

That’s easy. “Liberals”.

AubieJon on August 30, 2012 at 9:39 PM

‘My taxes are going up in January’ means you are a despicable racist member of the 1%

OneFreeMan on August 30, 2012 at 9:40 PM

And ad-hominems:

sesquipedalian- 4
rogerb – 0

rogerb on August 30, 2012 at 9:37 PM

you’re doing quite poorly. not just on that score, but in terms of your overall record of responding coherently to reasoned, fact-based arguments as well.

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Saying your unemployed means you’re in the Klan.

wargamer6 on August 30, 2012 at 9:41 PM

It’s not working, libs.

John the Libertarian on August 30, 2012 at 9:41 PM

what’s the term for a real racist then?

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 9:38 PM

That’s easy. “Liberals”.

AubieJon on August 30, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Winner!

OneFreeMan on August 30, 2012 at 9:41 PM

you hate them, don’t you. those lazy, urban detroiters.

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Parasites?

Do I ever!

Lanceman on August 30, 2012 at 9:41 PM

I think we need a #dogwhistle hash tag storm

OneFreeMan on August 30, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Zombie on August 30, 2012 at 9:32 PM

what’s the term for a real racist then?

sesquipedalian
on August 30, 2012 at 9:38 PM

The term IS “racist”.

Did you mean definition (which would make more sense)?

listens2glenn on August 30, 2012 at 9:42 PM

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 9:40 PM

But the only one trying to argue with rogerb is you, and you have used any of those things.

AubieJon on August 30, 2012 at 9:42 PM

you hate them, don’t you. those lazy, urban detroiters.

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Can one be lazy and urbane at the same time? Huh? What?

davidk on August 30, 2012 at 9:42 PM

‘My city/county/state can’t afford its pension liability’ is an incitement to race war

OneFreeMan on August 30, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Wait. Is ‘parasite’ raaacist?

I mean welfare brood mare.

Lanceman on August 30, 2012 at 9:44 PM

CORRECTION:

and you have NOT used any of those things.

AubieJon on August 30, 2012 at 9:42 PM

AubieJon on August 30, 2012 at 9:44 PM

‘Leading from behind’ #dogwhistle

OneFreeMan on August 30, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Rational Thought on August 30, 2012 at 9:39 PM

David Burge‏@iowahawkblog

@SandraFluke just because we don’t want to pay for your contraceptives doesn’t mean we want you to reproduce.

davidk on August 30, 2012 at 9:45 PM

‘The US is $25 Billion in the red on the GM acquisition’ #dogwhistle

OneFreeMan on August 30, 2012 at 9:45 PM

‘The government screwed the (non-unionized) Delphi pension holders in the GM deal’ #dogwhistle

OneFreeMan on August 30, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I guess I’m doomed. I work with cotton, and I had fried chicken and collard greens for lunch today.

AubieJon on August 30, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Come to think of it, the term ‘non-unionized’ is racist

OneFreeMan on August 30, 2012 at 9:47 PM

And so is ‘union member’

OneFreeMan on August 30, 2012 at 9:47 PM

‘Crony capitalism’ #dogwhistle

OneFreeMan on August 30, 2012 at 9:48 PM

My money is on the entire story being fabricated. Fournier is a journalist with an agenda and he manufactured a childhood “friend” and an imaginary breakfast meeting.

AZfederalist on August 30, 2012 at 9:48 PM

That’s easy. “Liberals”.

AubieJon on August 30, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Winner!

OneFreeMan on August 30, 2012 at 9:41 PM

you both sound like you should be finishing homework right about now.

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 9:48 PM

‘I’ll have more flexibility after my election’ #dogwhistle

OneFreeMan on August 30, 2012 at 9:48 PM

you both sound like you should be finishing homework right about now.

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 9:48 PM

As you stare at your faded Obama poster

OneFreeMan on August 30, 2012 at 9:49 PM

‘I won’ #dogwhistle

OneFreeMan on August 30, 2012 at 9:50 PM

you both sound like you should be finishing homework right about now.

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 9:48 PM

You should really get that Obama logo tattoo removed. It looks stupid on you.

wargamer6 on August 30, 2012 at 9:50 PM

you both sound like you should be finishing homework right about now.

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 9:48 PM

ZING!! *not* LOL!!

AubieJon on August 30, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Oh my lord…this truly IS deranged. Its someone trying to find ANY excuse to bring down a man who he KNOWS is not what he writes about, and does it so cynically that he tosses his own friend over a cliff to do so. Just to score political points. How despicable is the left liberal mindset? THIS despicable.

Highlar on August 30, 2012 at 8:37 PM

You sum up the liberal mindset really well. Deranged and despicable! Throw in a “dangerous as hell” and you’ve said it all.

Gang-of-One on August 30, 2012 at 9:51 PM

You should really get that Obama logo tattoo removed. It looks stupid on you.

wargamer6 on August 30, 2012 at 9:50 PM

It’s not the tattoo. It’s actual stupid.

Lanceman on August 30, 2012 at 9:52 PM

‘We’re the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad.’ #dogwhistle

OneFreeMan on August 30, 2012 at 9:52 PM

A stone cold lie..

they’re voting for democrats because the gop’s been trying to screw them for ages. you can’t play both sides, stoking white racial resentment and anti-hispanic bigotry and still hope to win minority votes.

lindsey graham was right the other day, your party’s running out of angry white men.

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Look skippy… the democrat party has been actively lying their aZZ’s off for decades about those evil racist rethugs, who hate hate hate you.. I’ve watched politics since I was 12 during the Nixon McGovern rtace….

and your left wing distortions are exactly the same now as then.. you pack Spanish langauge TV with left wing hysterics who lie endlessly, because they’ve discovered, nobody much pays attention to Spanish langauge broadcasts.. so you got away with murder..

We see our laws stomoped on daily by illegals who have been taught by the left’s propaganda machine.. just sink in, and if you can hide long enough.. hey.. what are laws when you WILL vote democrat… right.. after all the Anglo’s stole it all from you anyway…

Groups.. racist groups like “the race”.. La Raza.. can’t tell hispanics enough lies to keep them scared to death of the whites who stole all their land.. as they tell it..

The racism and enraged divisions are engineered by the DEMOCRAT PARTY.. all to mine votes by keeping both whites angry for being made second class citiozens in their own communities.. seeing their laws spit on,.. people murdered, killed by illegals drunk driving to running drugs.. trying to import the third world into the southwest US…

and Hispanic citizens afraid of a backlash that the democrat party deliberately provokes.. then stokes they fears.. their xenophobia.. their racism and their pride to “get back” at the Anglo’s… La Raza is a hate group the rabidly left wing SPLC will never recognize.. because that’s what they do.. gin up divisions.. stoke outrage.. and walk away when their side does exactly what they accuse us of..

“angry white men”?

How about angry citizens.. men and women who see the democrats wipe their Azz’s with our immigration laws.. and if you think assimilated Hispanics do not join us in outrage at having their contributions to America belittled and spit on by a gangsta culture that the left feeds… you are delusional..

mark81150 on August 30, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Lousy Nittaly Lions lost again!

Lanceman on August 30, 2012 at 9:53 PM

It’s not the tattoo. It’s actual stupid.

Lanceman on August 30, 2012 at 9:52 PM

He’d need a lobotomy for that. But then again, that would make him still want to vote for Obama.

wargamer6 on August 30, 2012 at 9:53 PM

AubieJon on August 30, 2012 at 9:42 PM

trust me, letting him make a fool out of himself has been much more enjoyable than trying to, as i was before, reason with him.

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 9:53 PM

“Why can’t I just eat my waffle?” #dogwhistle

OneFreeMan on August 30, 2012 at 9:54 PM

AZfederalist on August 30, 2012 at 9:48 PM

It was a composite childhood friend. The composited breakfast you don’t want to know…

de rigueur on August 30, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Lousy Nittaly Lions lost again!

Lanceman on August 30, 2012 at 9:53 PM

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
I didn’t know they were playing tonight.

listens2glenn on August 30, 2012 at 9:55 PM

trying to, as i was before, reason with him.

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Heh.

A majority of one, right here, folks.

Lanceman on August 30, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I didn’t know they were playing tonight.

listens2glenn on August 30, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I was just blowing my whistle.

Lanceman on August 30, 2012 at 9:56 PM

I was just blowing my whistle.

Lanceman on August 30, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Damn racist.

wargamer6 on August 30, 2012 at 9:59 PM

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 9:53 PM

It’s truly a magical place where you live, isn’t it. Not much reality, but lots of flatulence and thorazine.

AubieJon on August 30, 2012 at 10:00 PM

AubieJon on August 30, 2012 at 10:00 PM

He lives in a padded room.

wargamer6 on August 30, 2012 at 10:01 PM

“Traybon was shot down in da schtreet! Like a dowg!”

You gettin’ all this good racisty stuff, sesquipedouchebag?

Lanceman on August 30, 2012 at 10:01 PM

He lives in a padded room.

wargamer6 on August 30, 2012 at 10:01 PM

With a router, apparently.

AubieJon on August 30, 2012 at 10:02 PM

NBC News #dogwhistle

OneFreeMan on August 30, 2012 at 10:02 PM

AubieJon on August 30, 2012 at 10:00 PM

i’m not from jersey.

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 10:06 PM

hey, look who mooched millions of dollars out of the federal government:

The federal records, obtained under the Freedom of Information Act, reveal that Romney’s initial rescue attempt at Bain & Company was actually a disaster – leaving the firm so financially strapped that it had “no value as a going concern.” Even worse, the federal bailout ultimately engineered by Romney screwed the FDIC – the bank insurance system backed by taxpayers – out of at least $10 million. And in an added insult, Romney rewarded top executives at Bain with hefty bonuses at the very moment that he was demanding his handout from the feds…

so rodge, was romney a taxpayer or a drain that year?

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Oh man, Marco Rubio just blew the “golf” dog whistle.

How can he do that? Oh right, he must be a “white hispanic.”

Jvette on August 30, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Y’all are wasting your time… this isn’t about racism, and never was.

This idiocy is strictly for…

A rhetorical whip to keep the ‘socon blacks’ on the plantation… you know… the ones alienated by the gay marriage issue; and, blacks that are disaffected by the economy from considering ‘other’ options (like voting for Romney).

I suspect that Obozo’s internals say that they can’t lose a single percentage point of the black voter block.

The other reason: revive the ‘white guilt’ factor to prevent the ’08 percentage of white voters from falling away.

People voted for Obama because they wanted to show a black could ‘succeed’ at the most important job in the nation and thereby gain ‘absolution’ for the sins of Amerika’s past… that was the narrative since he had NO qualifications otherwise.

And now, nearly 4 years later, with the stark reality of the situation everywhere, voters are running away from Dear Leader… the (not so) new battle cry of:

THEY’RE ALL RACISTS…! THEY HATE THE BLACK MAN!

It’s a lame, and frantic, attempt to rally the all ’08 voters that are now turning their backs on Obozo.

The ’08 voters hired him because he was black.

The ’12 voters will fire him because he’s worthless.

CPT. Charles on August 30, 2012 at 10:22 PM

God these sick sick fools are pathetic..

I’ve been lower working class my entire life.. served in the USAF.. cold war.. worked in the retail food industry for 31 years till my back was crushed.. I’ve known people on welfare that whole time.. and virtually all of them in our semi-rural Ohio town are WHITE.. I’ve handled food stamps.. the paper kind till the EBT cards were adopted.. I’ve seen decent honest folks who just needed a hand up.. not a hand out.. and I know right now several folks playing the system to get free food.. while living, mooching, off family, friends.. promising endlessly they’ll get a job..

but they never do… because sleeping till 2:00 pm is nice.. and work.. weed is their vocation.. work is for chumps..

We’ve all known people like this.. white people.. who play the game.. happy to live at the poverty level.. because nothing hard is required of them.. They HATED welfare reform.. and they would complain endlessly about their RIGHT to food.. shelter.. and earning it?.. why.. their parents didn’t..

so much for racism.. whites complaining about whites..

but Chumpy McLumpypants says we’re hating on black people.. when I’ve never had any reason too.. I’m sure they have slackers everyone does…. but why dwell on something we never see?

Obama is rigging welfare to drop the work ethic.. because the left has always HATED anything which actually helps the poor better themselves.. They want a permenant bottom class, beholden to them.. who vote to keep the bigger cuts coming….

We know the game they play..

They say asking people to work for assistance, hurts their pride.. not in my experience.. they get proud when tghey actually earn their money.. and that can lead to a great many positive things..

and that is why the left will lie and distort to keep the changes..

The left is nothing without a betrayed underclass.. that they can manipulate, lie to.. scare with those Boogeyman rethuglicans…

I’m on SSD.. disability.. from massive spine injuries.. and I miss work.. miss it badly.. it’s a wonder that a man can so wrap his self respect, his self image in what he does.. to feed and clothe his woman.. his children.

I so wish to God.. I could trade the drugs to kill the pain, for a menial job.. just selling groceries to working class folks like me.. I loved being a grocer.. liked talking to my customers.. my friends.. I loved learning everything I could to better serve my customers.. it was my trade.. and I greatly enjoyed it. enjoyed talking about our families.. kids.. handing out candy.. and putting smiles on so many faces..

Our community was mixed.. I saw all kinds of people, and enjoyed asking, learning about them..

but this slug tells me..

I’m a racist to him.. because the welfare ad speaks to me.. to a work ethic..

I always resisted saying it.. but there is no other answer anymore..

Liberalism is a mental disease.

when they can see hate where is doesn’t exist.. read human hearts they do not know.. and smear an entire Nation for not groveling low enough to his liberal messiah..

what other possible answer is there?

mark81150 on August 30, 2012 at 10:26 PM

And ad-hominems:
sesquipedalian- 4
rogerb – 0

rogerb on August 30, 2012 at 9:37 PM

you’re doing quite poorly. not just on that score

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Well played.

You do understand that debating calls for more golf, less basketball?

Regardless, you still haven’t answered the question. Are these folks taxpayers?

Yes or no?

rogerb on August 30, 2012 at 10:26 PM

stop, or else they’ll think you’re my idiot sockpuppet.

sasqu@tchpigalien on August 30, 2012 at 9:30 PM

More the other way around, actually. Say, are you related to ManBearPig, by any chance? :P

Benedict Nelson on August 30, 2012 at 10:50 PM

so rodge, was romney a taxpayer or a drain that year?

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 10:20 PM

I’m guessing rodge is me. And good for you for accepting your accidental binary taxpayer/drain position as valid.

Anyway, you’re telling on yourself. From our earlier discussion:

Taxes aren’t an instantaneous thing. “Every time you purchase something” is still exactly wrong if you will get more from the state annually than you pay to the state annually.

If someone pays $500 in sales tax but gets $1000 in entitlements, they have no tax liability. (FWIW, they have a negative tax liability. They’re making money.)

Please tell me you understand how tax liability works. If not, the discussion needs to focus only on that concept until you do.

rogerb on August 29, 2012 at 9:03 PM

I was serious about the last part of that quote, btw. You need to understand how that works.

Knowing that, I hope you can recognize that there is something else we need to know before we can answer

so rodge, was romney a taxpayer or a drain that year?

Hint: Starts with total, ends with taxes paid. It’s addressed in the second paragraph of the quote above (“If someone pays $500 in sales tax but gets $1000 in entitlements…”)

Do you have all those numbers, or just the FDIC amount? You can see where the info is incomplete until then, right?

rogerb on August 30, 2012 at 10:52 PM

The ’08 voters hired him because he was black.
The ’12 voters will fire him because he’s worthless.

CPT. Charles on August 30, 2012 at 10:22 PM

See… That’s the America I love. Optimists who believe in the people.

RalphyBoy on August 30, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I have to say that if they are beating this dead horse this hard they must have some polling that the black vote isn’t going as they had hoped, and changed.
They need that 90%+ or they lose, they know it and they don’t see it happening. That or they are gearing up for a race war.

Gwillie on August 30, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Time for some reading and sleeping. I’ll check back in tomorrow.

rogerb on August 30, 2012 at 10:55 PM

RalphyBoy on August 30, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Yeah, they believed in him…

How’s that working out?

CPT. Charles on August 30, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I’m more jaded. I think Ronny-poo made the whole damned thing up.

Wouldn’t be the first time. Or as libs like to say “Fake, but accurate!”

GarandFan on August 30, 2012 at 11:01 PM

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 9:22 PM

They’re voting for democrats to keep their checks rolling in….
……..democrats freely admit this:

Dem Rep: Jobless will vote for Obama to keep benefits flowing

“We’re headed in the right direction. Unemployment continues to drop and those people who are unemployed, they’re not going to be voting for the party who wants to cut their benefits, cut access to food stamps, cut job training,” Rep. Chaka Fattah (D-PA) said on MSNBC’s Al Sharpton program.

….besides the hilarious delusion that we are “headed in the right direction”….this democrats freely admits that they are using tax money to buy votes.
Many Hispanics come here specifically to have their children….take advantage of “free” medical services…..and many other goodies democrats hand out to buy their votes with our tax dollars.

Most Illegal Immigrant Families Collect Welfare

States where immigrant households with children have the highest welfare use rates are Arizona (62%), Texas, California and New York with 61% each and Pennsylvania(59%).The study focused on eight major welfare programs that cost the government $517 billion the year they were examined.

Under your hero Obama…almost half the households in this country are receiving government assistance…. There are more people on food stamps than ever before……Incomes are down and unemployment is up…..

Congratulations Sesquil…I’m sure this massive failure is what you consider “headed in the right direction”……

Baxter Greene on August 30, 2012 at 11:03 PM

so rodge, was romney a taxpayer or a drain that year?

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 10:20 PM

….and yet your liberal a$$ will pull the lever for obama who has watched Fannie/Freddie sit there uncapped with tens of millions of tax payer dollars going down their drain while they collect big fat bonuses (just like Goldman Sachs…AIG….and other lending institutions that oBama’s boy Geithner was part of) and walk away scott free after being the major reason for the economic collapse in 2008.

Your selective outrage is not just stupid…it’s pathetic.

Baxter Greene on August 30, 2012 at 11:09 PM

You want a powerful commercial, go to Detroit and interview some people and ask them what they think about their future under a President Obama and what they think it would be under a President Romney. I’d bet they believe they’d be better under Obama. Then ask them why? I’ll bet they can’t explain it. I’d love Romney to go in to Detroit and meet with the same people, figure out what the problem is and tell them what the solution is and do it.

My point is, Obama doesn’t have a clue but the people in Detroit don’t know that. What he says sounds good to them. They really need to be enlightened.

bflat879 on August 30, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Baxter Greene on August 30, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Talk to the wall, Baxter. At least it will stand up and listen.

OldEnglish on August 30, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Talk to the wall, Baxter. At least it will stand up and listen.
OldEnglish on August 30, 2012 at 11:21 PM

It’s smarter to…….

Baxter Greene on August 30, 2012 at 11:36 PM

what’s the term for a real racist then?

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 9:38 PM

‘Liberal’?
‘Progressive’?
‘sesquipiddlesitself’?

They all seem to work quite well.

Midas on August 31, 2012 at 12:05 AM

you both sound like you should be finishing homework right about now.

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 9:48 PM

You should really get that Obama logo tattoo removed. It looks stupid on you.

wargamer6 on August 30, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Getting them removed from your forehead is tough, so I’ve heard.

His “O” tramp stamp is probably easier to remove, but he’s probably more emotionally invested in that one.

Midas on August 31, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Fournier was previously the chief political writer for the Associated Press, helping guide that once-great network into the depths of leftist propaganda machinery.

But I laugh at his desperation, and Obama’s, and the entire Left’s. I can smell their fear; I can taste it. They see their own blood in the water and approaching fins.

Adjoran on August 31, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Aren’t desperate socialist progressive liberals a precious thing?

When their lies no longer work, out comes the race card.

Every single liberal that pulls the race card needs to be deposited onto or under a remote pacific island somewhere to be used as drone practice.

I sure hope none of them catch fire in front of me, because even if I had an achingly full bladder I wouldn’t bother myself to put that fire out.

Wolfmoon on August 31, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Nice job rogerb. ; )

Bmore on August 31, 2012 at 1:41 AM

I wish some of the race-baiters would come around to these parts and try to make a living. We’re all equal around here, and we’re all broke; none of the race-baiting bullshit will obtain favor for anyone of any color, creed, caste, or other ill-conceived stereotype of any hue.

We need jobs, opportunities, and most of all, we need the jackboot of federal regulation off the backs of our poor little Appalachia so we can eke out a living.

This might be all philosophical for most of you, but for me and most of my neighbors, it’s a matter of survival and self-sufficiency vs. existence and dependence.

There is no contest.

hillbillyjim on August 31, 2012 at 4:16 AM

Gwillie on August 30, 2012 at 10:54 PM

The question to me is not what percentage supports Obama but what percentage of those who still support him will bother to vote this year. Not a lot of enthusiasm there. When you add the pro-Romney numbers to the soft-on-Mitt-but-ABO numbers and their enthusiasm level, I’m thinking wipeout.

swinia sutki on August 31, 2012 at 5:30 AM

With a router, apparently.

AubieJon on August 30, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Don’t forget the ferret.

BigAlSouth on August 31, 2012 at 6:12 AM

The entire DemocRAT party platform is like a reprise of “Uncle Tom’s Cabin” and just as fictional.

When will we hear about Mitt Romney chasing little Liza across the ice with dogs baying in the background? Got to be coming soon.

Spots the Dog on August 31, 2012 at 6:25 AM

Spots the Dog on August 31, 2012 at 6:25 AM

Will you please not give the Democrats campaign ad ideas. You know there is no level so low they won’t sink to it. What sounds like parody to us is juicy prime rib to them.

SKYFOX on August 31, 2012 at 7:11 AM

Why do Lefties/Libbies/Dems always use the race card?

Because we all know they aren’t playing with a full deck.

What a bunch of jokers.

ProfShadow on August 31, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Spots the Dog on August 31, 2012 at 6:25 AM

On second thought, Spots, I believe you are right to “help” them with this. After all, the more ridiculous their flail, the more epic their fail. My apologies.

SKYFOX on August 31, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Yes, yes. Everything a republican says is coded racism. You figured us out. You got us. Good job. /s

But, supposing you are correct. Let’s assume for the sake of argument that you are correct and that all republicans/ conservatives are racists. Let’s just assume that for this argument.

How does that dispute any argument republicans/conservatives make about welfare / taxes / spending / capitalism / entitlements / debt / social security / regulations / limited gov’t / national defense / foreign policy / the war on terror or anything else?

Even assuming that every single republican is a secret or not-so-secret racist, so what? How does that respond to a single republican argument about Obama being a complete failure and arguments on specific policies?

I hate to break it to you – but crying “racist” doesn’t dispute the point about Obama undoing welfare reform. Nor does it dispute that Obama is a failure. Nor does it dispute that we have an entitlement time bomb ticking away. Nor does it dispute that democrats have offered absolutely no plan to responsibly deal with entitlements, debt, deficit or anything else. Nor does it deal with the horrible, horrible mess that Obamacare is. Nor does it deal with any other issue.

Calling someone you disagree with a racist does not win the argument. It isn’t even engaging in the argument. Indeed, it is admitting that you are unable to counter the argument and thus are giving up on the argument and trying to deflect attention from your miserable failure.

So, sure, we are all racists. Believe that if you must. But, that doesn’t mean we are wrong on policy issues. Indeed, your failure to respond to policy arguments proves we are right.

Further, the only way to prove we are not racists, according to your idiotic theory, is for us to give in and accept your arguments. So, in your dishonest, depraved little mind, anyone who disagrees with you about anything is a racist.

That about explains your world-view. That explains your ideology. You can’t think, you can only emote. Therefore, you can’t compete in the arena of ideas. Accordingly, you resort to simply trying to discount political opponents by “knowing” that they are evil and have impure motives.

So childish. So dishonest. So idiotic. And so typically leftist.

Monkeytoe on August 31, 2012 at 7:59 AM

you both sound like you should be finishing homework right about now.

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 9:48 PM

You sound as though you should be finishing your Metamucil and telling those kids to keep off your lawn.

VelvetElvis on August 31, 2012 at 8:06 AM

I share this story to crack the code –

Whew! He may have cracked the code, but at least he didn’t figure out our secret handshake.

J.H. on August 31, 2012 at 8:06 AM

So childish. So dishonest. So idiotic. And so typically leftist.

Monkeytoe on August 31, 2012 at 7:59 AM

Bingo. What’s funny is that they see themselves as progressive Bill Buckley’s. We know them to be spittle-spewing Chrissy Matthews.

Extrafishy on August 31, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Why do Democrats only think that black people get welfare or are lazy or whatever racist stereotype they like to use?

The Democrats are losing their minority base in the upcoming election – they will either not go vote, not vote for President, or vote Republican.
Democrats are running scared; in a panic.
Obama is a failure…he has nothing to promote but fear and racism.
And the Democrats will fail at that, too.

albill on August 31, 2012 at 8:25 AM

The racist ones are the democrats. They project their own feelings onto everyone, because they foolishly assume that everyone sees the world as they do. DO we remember the foolish comments attributed to high ranking democrats regarding Obama? Clinton, Reid, Biden, etc?

Sesq has merely demonstrated the normal tendency of democrats to utterly fail at any fact based argument. Rog has asked for the entire thread a simple question – which Sesq has failed to answer – either because he knows the answer and is embarrassed to say it,or because he doesn’t know the answer because his worldview cannot allow him to acknowledge the answer.

Sesq – I have another question for you, and since this thread is pretty much dead I will keep looking for you elsewhere, what does the modern day DC dem party stand for/ What are its parties standing principles – outside of the right to kill babies all the time and have women’s advocates ask us to fund their own promiscuity and walk around in genitalia costumes asking us to take them seriously. What do they stand for?

Hint: pointing out raaaaccccciiisssstsss doesn’t count.

Zomcon JEM on August 31, 2012 at 8:51 AM

So a dead thread then?

Are these folks taxpayers?

Yes or no?

rogerb on August 30, 2012 at 10:26 PM

When your ideology prevents you from answering a yes or no question after you’ve written this less than 45 minutes before:

a tax is a tax, regardless of whether you receive government support at the same time. this is important because of this malarkey about half of Americans not paying taxes that’s been proliferating freely in wingnuttia. it’s a lie.

sesquipedalian on August 29, 2012 at 9:50 PM

You might need to re-examine said ideology.

Thanks for your part in demonstrating the issue to the lurkers and new readers, though. It’s an election year and there are lots of independents coming around who have heard buzzwords and talking points like

but who are unsure of the why/how.

I appreciate your help showing your side.

rogerb on August 31, 2012 at 10:30 AM

rogerb on August 31, 2012 at 10:30 AM

You have to be careful in how you phrase it. Liberals like playing parsing games with their answers. Everyone pays some taxes: sales tax, hotel tax, gas tax, perhaps even local or state tax.

So, a leftist will say they are taxpayers, when they know that the issue we are talking about is that roughly 1/2 of Americans do not pay federal income tax.

So, always phrase it as federal income tax to keep the sesquepeidlians of the world from giving a weaselly answer.

Monkeytoe on August 31, 2012 at 11:14 AM

“That leaves one inescapable conclusion: The Romney campaign is either recklessly ignorant of the facts, some of which they possess — or it is lying about why (and how) it is playing the race card.” -Ron Fournier

Please allow me to decode this and make audible the dog whistle:

“I am a self-loathing white man, a condition brought on by decades of misplaced pity and the resulting unatoned guilt. The best way I’ve found of boosting my low self-esteem when I contemplate the many societal sins I wish to expiate is the employment of masochism and sadism. As a masochist, I inflict pain on myself by alienating myself from my tribe. As a sadist, I seek to inflict pain on members of my tribe to prove to everyone that I am not one of them, that I am superior to them. Thereby, I gain acceptance from other tribes with which I have chosen to align myself, and my tribe is shamed and unable to credibly contradict the awful secrets I have divulged about it.” -Ron Fournier

Akzed on August 31, 2012 at 12:53 PM

what’s the term for a real racist then?

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 9:38 PM

“sesquipedalian”

I know. Kinda ironic, huh?

What stuns me is that your attacks on this thread alone are worse than the things that others have already been banned for in the past. Why you have not had the boom lowered on you as of yet is quite perplexing. Normally they let people with opposing views stay, but your methods and means surpassed the worst of Hotair’s previous trolls a long time ago.

We don’t hate. Your kind are not worthy of that level of emotion. At the worst, we feel sorrow that anyone can become so thoroughly brainwashed by leftist propaganda that they honestly believe the tripe they spew. You are intractable and, hence, something we might spare a tiny portion of pity upon. But hate? You have a hyperinflated sense of your own self worth. We don’t care enough to hate you.

TASS71 on August 31, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Monkeytoe on August 31, 2012 at 11:14 AM

That won’t stop her. Weaselly is all she’s got.

She has no idea what any conservative believes. She has no concern what any conservative thinks. She has her talking points handed to her by her betters and it has never occured to her to question them. And it never will.

runawayyyy on August 31, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Dead thread.

Debate-wise, the timing of you abandoning the thread was just as informative as a post.

Well done, sesquipedalian. Thanks again for your help.

rogerb on August 31, 2012 at 7:33 PM