The worst raaaaacism charge against Romney evah?

posted at 8:21 pm on August 30, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

Ron Fournier, editor in chief of National Journal, has taken time out of his busy day to pen a hit piece on Mitt Romney which really must be read to be believed. (Though you may want to brace yourself ahead of time with either strong drink or your acid reflux disease medicine.) Titled, Why (and How) Romney is Playing the Race Card, it appears that Ron feels he’s struck on the final, definitive, proof-positive that Romney is running for the position of Racist in Chief and is relying on all of those evil, secretly racist white people to hustle him into office while keeping their ignorant views on the Down Low.

Our story begins with the author speaking to two middle class, working guys. I should point out… white guys since Ron takes such pains to do so. And one of them is a childhood friend of his. They are discussing the question of “middle-class blacks and Hispanics are far more optimistic about their children’s future than are whites of the same economic status.

“What do you think the unemployment rate is among blacks? In Detroit, it’s probably 40 percent. If the unemployment rate is that high, why is it that they are so optimistic about their future and the future of their children?”

Benson paused, heard no reply, and answered his own question.

“Subsidization.”

There it is. The Macomb County buzz word for welfare, a synonym that rests on the tongues of the white middle class like sour milk.

And even though Ron takes pains to point out that these men “don’t use the N-word” and are not “filled with hate,” he decides to translate their words for them. (Including his friend.)

“It’s a generational apathy,” Miller said, “and they keep getting more and more (apathetic) because they don’t have to work. If they sleep all day and free money …”

” … Comes in the mail,” Benson said.

“… not in the mail anymore,” Miller said, “It’s in a magic card they can swipe.”

They poked at their egg yolks until Miller broke the silence. “I feel like a fool for not jumping on that shit and getting some (welfare) myself,” Miller said. “But I couldn’t sleep at night.”

I share this story to crack the code – the subtle language of distrust and prejudice that whites use to communicate deep-set fears, and that cynical politicians translate into votes. Translating Miller and Benson:

“Subsidization” = Welfare

“Generational Apathy” = Lazy

“They Slept All Day” = Blacks Sleep All Day

“I Feel Like a Fool” = I’m Mad As Hell

So Ron has decided to take these friends who he defines as people who don’t engage in hate speech and redefine their answers to his questions to make them racists. Why? Because he wants to talk about Mitt Romney’s opposition to the recent changes proposed to welfare rules by President Obama. Fournier dismisses the idea that “work is being removed from welfare” even though it flies in the face of the entirely vague, open door nature of the order. So since we’re not going to bother actually reading the rule and seeing what sort of “options” might be enacted by the states in such an open door situation, Ron finds another reason for Obama penning it.

Kaufman who I’ve known and respected for years, accused me of playing the race card — a fair point, strictly speaking, because I raised the question in a public setting: a joint interview with CBS’ John Dickerson before a large audience and live-streamed.

Still, Romney and his advisers stand by an ad they know is wrong — or, at the very least, they are carelessly ignoring the facts. That ad is exploiting the worst instincts of white voters — as predicted and substantiated by the Republican Party’s own polling.

That leaves one inescapable conclusion: The Romney campaign is either recklessly ignorant of the facts, some of which they possess — or it is lying about why (and how) it is playing the race card.

In one overly wordy swipe, Ron throws his own friend under the bus for the sake of claiming that an advertisement on this subject by Romney doesn’t prove that Mitt is a racist. Oh no! He charges that working class white people across the country are racists, and Mitt is the disingenuous scam artist seeking to capitalize on their hatred for electoral advantage.

This, my friends, is what derangement and desperation look like.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Anyone up for a game of “golf” in “Chicago?”

BruthaMan on August 30, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Hmm…I’m going to need a few more minutes to process his thesis.

*prints out article*

*retires to downstairs bathroom*

El Dillo on August 30, 2012 at 8:27 PM

No, they can always come up with something worse. And they will. I haven’t even read this post at all, but I guarantee you, they’ll sink even lower tomorrow.

RINO in Name Only on August 30, 2012 at 8:27 PM

I can’t suffer these morons any more. I just want November to be here so I can watch them wail in the agony of defeat.

Philly on August 30, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Benson paused, heard no reply, and answered his own question.

“Subsidization.”

So sesquipedalian, per your definition, are these folks taxpayers or drains?

rogerb on August 30, 2012 at 8:28 PM

I’m so damn sick of these people. November 6th can’t get here soon enough.

TarheelBen on August 30, 2012 at 8:28 PM

You know they know it’s over, when all can do is manufacture new daily race cards.

Every morning, a democrat wakes up, drinks a bottle of miralax and by lunch, is able to pull a new race card out of their a$s.

Poll: What will tomorrow’s new race card be?

How about “rain?” “Rain” is a new race card!

BruthaMan on August 30, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Philly on August 30, 2012 at 8:28 PM

It won’t stop them from whining. Lessons of the last four years illustrate that liberals whine when they are not in power AND when they ARE in power.

Given that liberals are going to whine, always, I prefer to listen to them whine when they are not in power.

BruthaMan on August 30, 2012 at 8:30 PM

The fact that he’s running against Obama makes him racist, like we needed anymore proof. This is just icing on the race-cake if you ask me.

abobo on August 30, 2012 at 8:30 PM

tingles has a friend at the top of the race pyramid

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 8:30 PM

My comfort is that the race card was used much more sparingly and less outrageously in 2008. There is only one difference between those two elections that I can think of: the libs knew they were winning in 2008.

LukeinNE on August 30, 2012 at 8:30 PM

The only positive legacy Obama will leave is that him and his minions have played the RAAAACE CAAAARD SO far past the point of absolute absurdity that it will become an utter joke.

I guarantee that by the time we get to the election they’ll be reduced to claiming that the mere act of RUNNING against Dear Leader Hussein instead of using the convention to concede to his awesome awesomeness is RAAAAAACIST!

wildcat72 on August 30, 2012 at 8:30 PM

TWWWEEEEEEEEET!

Hey, who’s up for a round of golf in Chicago while subsidized people on food stamps who can’t swim are drowning in the wake of Isaac?

TWEEEEEEET!

de rigueur on August 30, 2012 at 8:31 PM

BruthaMan on August 30, 2012 at 8:25 PM
BruthaMan on August 30, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Dang but you’re fast!

de rigueur on August 30, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Wait I don’t understand…what is he racist for?

tomas on August 30, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Fifth Column Treasonous Media… There really is a reason I call them this, Ron Fournier, editor in chief of National Journal goes out of his way to exemplify exactly why I call them the Fifth Column Treasonous Media.

The Fifth Column Treasonous Media air brushes Minorities out of the Republican National Convention.

SWalker on August 30, 2012 at 8:33 PM

The DNC should be fascinating. Are they going to point out minorities in the audience, having them stand to applause, while they explain how Obama saved them with welfare?

txhsmom on August 30, 2012 at 8:34 PM

I believe this is the article Gwen Ifill of PBS tweeted out as defense of the clown who said Republicans party while black drown. She told her detractors to read the article… meaning it validated the comment I suppose. Vile woman she is.

tyketto on August 30, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Anyone up for a game of “golf” in “Chicago?”

BruthaMan on August 30, 2012 at 8:25 PM

So long as no one is too “angry” to play nicely.

Night Owl on August 30, 2012 at 8:34 PM

OMG……when can we start calling them racist for even coming up with this sh**?
My mind is really tired of trying to figure out how they even come up with this stuff.
I hate to break it to liberals but I don’t think in terms of color. Not even when thinking of large urban areas…….or Detroit as this guy is obviously familiar with.
I spent 40+ years in the Detroit Metro area and none of this reflects how I think.
Racists?
The left is amazingly desperate and sick.

ORconservative on August 30, 2012 at 8:35 PM

I think that all of this discussion of welfare makes me uncomfortable. Especially with words like “Detroit”, “under the bus”,and “hit piece”. Have you no shame Mr. Shaw?

sandlin71 on August 30, 2012 at 8:36 PM

I know a white guy who tried to get welfare. They laughed at him and told him to get the hell out of there and to “get a job”.

Buddahpundit on August 30, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Oh my lord…this truly IS deranged. Its someone trying to find ANY excuse to bring down a man who he KNOWS is not what he writes about, and does it so cynically that he tosses his own friend over a cliff to do so. Just to score political points. How despicable is the left liberal mindset? THIS despicable.

Highlar on August 30, 2012 at 8:37 PM

How about “rain?” “Rain” is a new race card!

BruthaMan on August 30, 2012 at 8:28 PM

It will be hurricane. Notice how it bypassed the “white” sand beaches of Florida and went straight towards the “Chocolate” city.

RickB on August 30, 2012 at 8:37 PM

TWWWEEEEEEEEET!

TWEEEEEEET!

de rigueur on August 30, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Sounds like a “Rockin’ Robin” tweet to me! Tweet, tweet…a tweet tweet!

Is it racist that I’m going to grill some ribs tomorrow? They are marinating in the fridge right now. Maybe I should check with Chrissy on whether eating ribs is ok. God forbid if we had some cold watermelon and grape soda with the meal too!

BruthaMan on August 30, 2012 at 8:37 PM

I’m probably not the only person who was expecting this story to be about Chris Matthews. Chris Matthews loves to play the race card.

SoulGlo on August 30, 2012 at 8:38 PM

…S I C K…!!!

KOOLAID2 on August 30, 2012 at 8:39 PM

In the spirit of equality, I blast followers of Islam for not renouncing the extremists. Likewise, I ask blacks to renounce the racism of the Dims. If “they” don’t, so be it. Battle lines are drawn.

Dingbat63 on August 30, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Philly on August 30, 2012 at 8:28 PM

If you think this is annoying, wait ’til 168 hours from now, when these same people are praising the achievements, foresight, temperament and magnanimity of Barack Obama, as he prepares to give the greatest renomination acceptance speech in U.S. presidential history in the face of the most negative, hateful and transparently racist attacks in U.S. political history.

It’s going to be like watching the translation of the latest North Korean news broadcast on the deity-like omnipresence of whatever member of the Kim family happens to be in power at the moment.

jon1979 on August 30, 2012 at 8:39 PM

So how did Obama get elected in the first place? I agree with Professor William Jacobson — these people are in the stages of a mental illness. And Breitbart saw it coming. They have no other card to play, and they will keep playing it without relief or logic. It’s the Big Lie, and their survival depends on selling it.

rrpjr on August 30, 2012 at 8:40 PM

The real long-term danger to America and the rest of the Free-World is not Barack Hussein Obama but an American electorate capable of entrusting a person of strictly unknown quantity with the Presidency as well as the leadership of the entire Free-World.

An abundance of America’s problems are much deeper and far more serious than just a President Barack Obama. It will certainly be far easier to limit and undo the follies of the Obama Presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a person for their President.

Blaming the Prince of Fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.

The Republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is far less likely to survive a vast multitude of fools such as those who made someone like him our President and who even now work feverishly to keep him there.

FlatFoot on August 30, 2012 at 8:40 PM

As has been said many times, “liberalism is a mental disorder”. This last week has certainly provided proof. Lying,the race card, blocking speeches from broadcast, ETC.

Lew in Colorado on August 30, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Have a drinking game on anything Mitt says that the left will think is racist take a single shot. You would need a barrels worth

tjexcite on August 30, 2012 at 8:41 PM

BruthaMan on August 30, 2012 at 8:37 PM

It’s racist if you don’t share. Nehi grape? I’m there.

de rigueur on August 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Apparently, to be subsidized is to be sacred, or something.

OldEnglish on August 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM

So sesquipedalian, per your definition, are these folks taxpayers or drains?

rogerb on August 30, 2012 at 8:28 PM

you hate them, don’t you. those lazy, urban detroiters.

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM

tjexcite on August 30, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Don’t, don’t, whatever you do, mention this idea to Seven Percent. We’ll all be on the floor after the DNC convention. And not the convention floor.

de rigueur on August 30, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Unfortunately, I’m becoming inured to the despicable nature of the LEFT. Observing them in their increasing desperation is tantamount to reading the psychiatric file of a delusional and deeply disturbed individual.

thatsafactjack on August 30, 2012 at 8:46 PM

OT: On Fox, a couple tells a touching story of how Romney befriended a dying 14-year-old. Meanwhile, on MSNBC, these stories aren’t broadcast. Instead, a panel is discussing how much of an out-of-touch plutocrat Mitt Romney is. Unbelievable.

TarheelBen on August 30, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again and again…….

When all else fails, and it looks like Obama is toast, here is the final race card that the MSM will be playing……”Are the American people really going to let the first Black President be a one termer? Will they be able to live with themselves if they allow that to happen?”

ardenenoch on August 30, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Projection.

gregbert on August 30, 2012 at 8:49 PM

No surprise there ….

We all know “they” can’t possibly lose because they deserve to lose, so it has to be some sort of base appeal to the worst instincts of the voters.

BD57 on August 30, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Just told my wife that “golf” and “Chicago” are now racist terms, be sure not to use them in public.

She looked at me and tilted her head a little and said “Really? Have the media really gotten that stupid?”

Yes indeed, my little chick-a-dee, they have.

BruthaMan on August 30, 2012 at 8:51 PM

ardenenoch on August 30, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Yep. White guilt must run its full course.

OldEnglish on August 30, 2012 at 8:52 PM

So me as a Cuban American woman, can I hear the dog whistles??? Or are these dog whistles only able to be translated by the ears of “white” voters???

Us Cubans are among the most loyal Republican voters, are we all racists? Or is it MAYBE because we know what socialism turned our home country of Cuba in to??????

Hmm.

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 30, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Anyone up for a game of “golf” in “Chicago?”

BruthaMan on August 30, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Well played, sir. Well played.

iurockhead on August 30, 2012 at 8:53 PM

So sesquipedalian, per your definition, are these folks taxpayers or drains?

rogerb on August 30, 2012 at 8:28 PM

you hate them, don’t you. those lazy, urban detroiters.

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Why the immediate personal attack?

I just want to know if you’d sort these folks as taxpayers or drains.

rogerb on August 30, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Would any of us really be surprised if, on election night, as Obama is losing in a landslide, Chris Matthews stood up and said “if you’re unhappy about these election results, then go ahead an take to the streets and raise some hell”?

ardenenoch on August 30, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Nehi grape? I’m there.

de rigueur on August 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I wished! I’ve been trying to get stores here locally to carry *any* grape soft drink in a bottle. Fanta in a can is the best we can do here.

I love grape soda, but there’s just something about it in a cold bottle that makes it better. Like the old days, when popping a top on an ice cold bottle of Dr. Pepper. It was just better.

BruthaMan on August 30, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Ok, add this f@#$ to my list.

Midas on August 30, 2012 at 8:56 PM

TarheelBen on August 30, 2012 at 8:48 PM

it’s msdnc-idiots on parade

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 8:56 PM

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Hate you, for sure. Done anything besides be a worthless piece of crap lately?

/rhetorical question mode off

Midas on August 30, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 30, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Now stop that – you’re behaving like a malcontent!/

OldEnglish on August 30, 2012 at 8:58 PM

tyketto on August 30, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Yep, this is the article she linked too. It shows she’s a 100% liberal hack. She tried to hide it, but it’s clear that her not getting the pres debate moderator spot has really pissed her off.

strictnein on August 30, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Why the immediate personal attack?

because you’re aggressively stupid.

I just want to know if you’d sort these folks as taxpayers or drains.

rogerb on August 30, 2012 at 8:53 PM

for example.

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Hate you, for sure. Done anything besides be a worthless piece of crap lately?

Midas on August 30, 2012 at 8:57 PM

once you admit to hatred, you automatically lose.

next.

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 9:00 PM

TarheelBen on August 30, 2012 at 8:48 PM

OT: The following stories are remarkable. I was reduced to tears.

It’s so sad that all the left can do is tear decent people to shreds.

Anyone else listening to the convention? Good stuff!

Open thread, please, please!!!!

Cody1991 on August 30, 2012 at 9:01 PM

you hate them, don’t you. those lazy, urban detroiters.

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Hey wait, was that one of those dog whistles I’ve read so much about?

“urban = black”, and “you (rogerb) hate them”, right?

You were calling me a racist, weren’t you?

rogerb on August 30, 2012 at 9:02 PM

BruthaMan on August 30, 2012 at 8:37 PM

But do you have dogs and a swimmin’ pool?? ‘Cuz that’s racist!!! (Ev’rybody KNOWS blacks hate dogs and can’t swim)

Sasha List on August 30, 2012 at 9:03 PM

You were calling me a racist, weren’t you?

rogerb on August 30, 2012 at 9:02 PM

And aggressive, and stupid, and a loser, don’t forget.

OldEnglish on August 30, 2012 at 9:06 PM

The people I know that are on welfare (well, technically it’s disability, but, disability is the post 90′s reform welfare for peoplethat don’t want to work*) are all white. I think they are lazy and milking the system. Does that make me a self-hating white girl?

*I do know a few people on disability that are actually unable to work – this is not a reference to them…it’s a reference to the people that have been ‘disabled’ since they were 19 in spite of the fact that they are able-bodied enough to go out partying every night.

JadeNYU on August 30, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Does that make me a self-hating white girl?

JadeNYU on August 30, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Dunno, are you a girl?

OldEnglish on August 30, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Why the immediate personal attack?

rogerb on August 30, 2012 at 8:53 PM

because you’re aggressively stupid.

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Yet somehow you’re the one launching immediately into ad-hominems.

Well played.

rogerb on August 30, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Hmm.

Raquel Pinkbullet
on August 30, 2012 at 8:53 PM

They’ll act like you don’t exist, Raquel’.

Just like black Republicans.

listens2glenn on August 30, 2012 at 9:09 PM

you hate them, don’t you. those lazy, urban detroiters.

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I feel sorry for anyone who allows themselves to be used by a political party to make their self-righteousness appear valid. That they keep voting for democrats, hoping that this time they really will do what they promised, makes them gullible. Buying into the victim mentality hurts them more than it hurts anyone else. I wish they could picture a better future and then do what it takes to make it real, without excuses, blame and anger.

Night Owl on August 30, 2012 at 9:11 PM

They’re going to pen hit pieces asserting that Romney’s lineage can be traced to Hitler, Stalin, Charles Manson, Pol Pot and Beelzebub before this is all over.

**sigh** I second those who want to crawl in a hole and emerge only to vote on November 6th…

Grace_is_sufficient on August 30, 2012 at 9:12 PM

I didn’t even get to the Secret Racism Decoder Ring portion of the broadcast.

I couldn’t get past the part where this psycho freak claimed to have friends. Sorry; just not buying it.

Can you imagine anyone actually having three conversations with this person? Frankly, I don’t see how it’s possible.

First Conversation,

You: “Excuse me, could you please pass the salt?”

Him: “Oh, OK, I see where you’re going there….”

You: [Just decide to do without salt.]

Second Conversation,

Psycho Freak: “Hey, remember last week when you were saying that it’s great that those ‘n-words’ in Africa keep dying in salt mines…?”

You: [Back away slowly, careful to not make eye contact.]

I hate to bust this guy’s bubble, but technically two conversations does not comprise a “friendship.” And there is no way in Hell he’s ever made it to three.

logis on August 30, 2012 at 9:13 PM

rogerb on August 30, 2012 at 9:02 PM

it was an obvious bait. offended? outrageously-outraged?

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 9:14 PM

PS- Unless “aggressively stupid” is actually an abbreviation that was made up on the spot that no one else uses or has any idea of what it means.

That could influence the overall tone, I suppose.

rogerb on August 30, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Ron Fournier, editor in chief of National Journal

exposes his own racism in this ‘analysis’.

He has made the point, inadvertently I’m sure… that working whites resent the welfare free-for-all that Obama is encouraging… but that working blacks (specifically I guess) don’t.
I call Ron Fournier out for his racist thought processes

RalphyBoy on August 30, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Ewwww…white people. /

Is there really any mystery to why middle and lower income whites might prefer the Republicans? The Democratic Party hates their guts.

Django on August 30, 2012 at 9:18 PM

you hate them, don’t you. those lazy, urban detroiters.

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Who doesn’t hate lazy people? Why can’t able bodied people work for a living??

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 30, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Night Owl on August 30, 2012 at 9:11 PM

they’re voting for democrats because the gop’s been trying to screw them for ages. you can’t play both sides, stoking white racial resentment and anti-hispanic bigotry and still hope to win minority votes.

lindsey graham was right the other day, your party’s running out of angry white men.

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Who doesn’t hate lazy people? Why can’t able bodied people work for a living??

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 30, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Shhh. If they listen to that sort of talk, they might start doing things for themselves, and develop all kinds of ailments…like self-respect and initiative, and it will decrease the Democrat voter base.

AubieJon on August 30, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Ace has a post up of the DNC speaker line-up, and my God but it is weak. That party is just an absolute freak show of has-beens and Fluked-up and comers. Good Lord it is a pathetic line-up. And he links to a Twitchy thread showing that some dem voters think it is just too, too…white! Yup, they’re watching the GOP convention. And, yup, it’s scaring the hell out of them.

Rational Thought on August 30, 2012 at 9:24 PM

48 years, almost 5 decades of democrat war on poverty.

I’d call that a quagmire.

So why should so-called-aggrieved groups vote for the party that holds them in contempt, believes they are too stupid and lazy to determine their own destiny, and has squandered trillions of dollars on programs that were supposed to help?

IDK, must be masochists, insane, or just lied to.

tom daschle concerned on August 30, 2012 at 9:26 PM

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Are you watching Jane Edmonds speak at the RNC?

AubieJon on August 30, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Until we confront sympathetic racism, honesty and integrity will always lose. Somehow challenging any minority (race/religion/sexual preference) has become unacceptable regardless of the merits of the issue. When the tyranny of any minority group shuts down intellectual debate the sooner we plunge into abhorrent civil disorder the better.

dmann on August 30, 2012 at 9:27 PM

When do they get violent?

GaltBlvnAtty on August 30, 2012 at 9:27 PM

There aren’t many words in the dictionary left that aren’t racist.

MrX on August 30, 2012 at 9:29 PM

rogerb on August 30, 2012 at 9:15 PM

stop, or else they’ll think you’re my idiot sockpuppet.

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 9:30 PM

it was an obvious bait. offended? outrageously-outraged?

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Over someone playing the race card as a deflection gambit? Are those (“that” if you’re President Obama) the traditional choices?

The question remains unanswered, btw. Taxpayers or drains?

rogerb on August 30, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Are you watching Jane Edmonds speak at the RNC?

AubieJon on August 30, 2012 at 9:26 PM

nobody’s watching the rnc, dear.

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Ron Fournier is scum.

Is all scum stupid? Because I was going to say “stupid scum”, but I thought I would then just be stating the painfully obvious. Am I wrong?

Of course “Ron Fournier is scum” is, I think, common knowledge but I’m less sure it’s obvious to everyone, so I felt comfortable stating that fact.

jaime on August 30, 2012 at 9:31 PM

i read the article. my guess is that that the key bits are fiction…or, well, a composite.

this is mostly the voices that inhabit the authors mind…which is probably why his former wife (she used to be on the Fox panel, forgot her name) bailed on him

and it is also the push back from pbsgwen to the racist comments of her friend David whatev. (before David whatev apologized)

Welcome, new twitter detractors. Here’s a good read via @ron_fournier http://bit.ly/SS1L04

dime a dozen leftists

r keller on August 30, 2012 at 9:31 PM

BruthaMan on August 30, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Ever check out Galco’s Soda Pop Stop? An institution in East L.A. Like stepping into a time machine. And you can online order some pretty amazing stuff– old-timey brews you drank as a kid and wonder when they stopped making them? They still make them.

de rigueur on August 30, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it now, and I’ll keep saying it as long as necessary:

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Originally, the term was meant to indicate that one side was accusing the other of being racist, but once it was noticed that people only resorted to this tactic when all other arguments had been exhausted, it acquired its new meaning of “indicating one’s own concession of defeat.”

Zombie on August 30, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Night Owl on August 30, 2012 at 9:11 PM

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I present to you all, a classic example of “projection”.

Isn’t he (she?) great folks? Round of applause ! . . . : )

listens2glenn on August 30, 2012 at 9:32 PM

once you admit to hatred, you automatically lose.

next.

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 9:00 PM

You’re mistaken. And stupid.

Next.

Midas on August 30, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Oh sure………….

he’s cracked our code book has he?… that this mythical code that strangely only rabidly partisan hardcore left liberals and progressives can even see… is so deeply ingrained, why gasp.. those white republicans aren’t even aware of how racist they are…

Congressman West… “HOUSE N*GGA!… UNCLE TOM…. RACE TRAITOR”…. because when you’re a left wing hack, and all around progressive scumbag.. racism is something only your enemies can have.. because you’re too enlightened… as your sides kind hearted terms for black conservatives show..

We can’t crush these sick freaks badly enough, it’s no longer about disagreements.. the left has gone collectively insane, will lie on cue, make up what doesn’t exist, then thump their chests in pride at finding something that isn’t there.

mark81150 on August 30, 2012 at 9:35 PM

How about “rain?” “Rain” is a new race card!

BruthaMan on August 30, 2012 at 8:28 PM

‘Gas prices are high’ is a dog whistle

OneFreeMan on August 30, 2012 at 9:35 PM

‘My food bill has gone way up’ is a dog whistle

OneFreeMan on August 30, 2012 at 9:35 PM

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Keep telling yourself that, sweetie.

AubieJon on August 30, 2012 at 9:36 PM

‘I’ve been unemployed for 2 years’ is a racist diatribe

OneFreeMan on August 30, 2012 at 9:36 PM

rogerb on August 30, 2012 at 9:15 PM

stop, or else they’ll think you’re my idiot sockpuppet.

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Show of hands, please?

______

And ad-hominems:

sesquipedalian- 4
rogerb – 0

rogerb on August 30, 2012 at 9:37 PM

‘Our national debt just passed $16 Trillion’ means you hate black people

OneFreeMan on August 30, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Zombie on August 30, 2012 at 9:32 PM

what’s the term for a real racist then?

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Think the economy is bad? You must be a racist.

wargamer6 on August 30, 2012 at 9:39 PM

what’s the term for a real racist then?

sesquipedalian on August 30, 2012 at 9:38 PM