No Longer Mystery Guest Revealed Update: Video added

posted at 10:21 pm on August 30, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

Even though Allahpundit ruined it and spoiled the surprise, the guessing game surrounding the “mystery speaker” at the RNC was a welcome change from the scripted beauty pageant these things have become over time. It wasn’t the only surprise, of course. Some of Mitt’s long time friends who spoke about his work with people in the community as a young man, including aiding families caring for children with terminal illnesses, brought the room to silence, tears, and finally thunderous applause.

But who was the special guest? Would it be a hologram of Ronald Reagan? A cloned version of Seamus the dog? Ed Morrissey? (Oh, come on… you were all suspicious, given that Ed supposedly didn’t come to the convention.)

But no. Unlike the very personal messages delivered by long time family friends, our mystery guest was there to deliver a more stern message. Clint Eastwood has long been known as one of the few conservatives in Hollywood with the standing to speak his mind without fear of being hounded out by the town’s controlling factions. And the star didn’t fail to deliver.

He assured the crowd that there are conservatives and moderates in Hollywood, but said that they don’t “hot dog it around” like some others. He talked about how he was willing to give Obama a chance when he was elected and how it was an emotional moment for many Americans. But the real tragedy, as he put it, was that there are 23 million Americans without jobs. And maybe it’s time for somebody else to take a crack at the job. Clint was not coming on as some sort of hard right winger. He mentioned his opposition to both wars, but criticized Obama for his handling of Afghanistan and foreign policy in general.

It was an interesting choice. He kept talking to an empty chair next to him on the stage, pretending that President Obama was sitting in it. The comedy fell a bit flat at times, but he put on a heck of a show. Oh… and his comments about Joe Biden were not to be missed.

Exit quote from Dirty Harry: “When somebody does not do the job, we have to let them go.”

Video upcoming. You be the judge. And here it is.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Deep down, weren’t we all kind of hoping he’d reprise his Gran Torino role and just go at it with insulting people.

lorien1973 on August 30, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Totally. I wanted to see him portrait Walt Kowalski and call Obama a “Pusscake”, and say “We built this damned Country, not skinny punks like Barry.”

portlandon on August 30, 2012 at 11:46 PM

I agree that it was brilliant. Funny, pointed, and devastating to Obama.

Priscilla on August 30, 2012 at 11:46 PM

His sentiments were 100 correct. I just felt sorry for him, which overwhelmed his message. My wife was wondering what the heck he was talking about.

portlandon on August 30, 2012 at 11:44 PM

You heard but you did not listen.

VorDaj on August 30, 2012 at 11:47 PM

I loved Clint! I don’t know if it was scripted to come across the way it did or was an accident or Clint just thought it up on the fly but it was powerful. “We own this country!”

Metanis on August 30, 2012 at 11:47 PM

I can’t wait to find out who the mystery speaker will be. The suspense is killing me. Any speculations?

SparkPlug on August 30, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Rarely do I fail to at least understand where others are coming from, but I am baffled by the negative reactions. The independent voter I was watching with it burst out laughing many times. It was great.

McDuck on August 30, 2012 at 11:43 PM

The halting delivery and incomplete thoughts made it very uncomfortable to watch. The empty chair thing was odd, too. He had some funny lines, no doubt, but I ended up cringing through most of it. Hate to say it, because I’m a huge fan, but that was my take.

changer1701 on August 30, 2012 at 11:48 PM

portlandon on August 30, 2012 at 11:44 PM

He’s an actor HELLO…

sandee on August 30, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Clint is going to be excoriated by many in the press, he just made fun of their hero.

Tater Salad on August 30, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Metanis on August 30, 2012 at 11:47 PM

It was scripted.

VorDaj on August 30, 2012 at 11:49 PM

changer1701 on August 30, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Really? I don’t think so…

sandee on August 30, 2012 at 11:49 PM

The positive thing from Eastwood:

He made more jokes about Obama tonight than all the comedians in this country over the past 4 years.

lorien1973 on August 30, 2012 at 11:50 PM

lorien1973 on August 30, 2012 at 11:50 PM
A F’ing men!

sandee on August 30, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Tater Salad on August 30, 2012 at 11:49 PM

He bit a chunk out of their hero. Others bit out other parts of Obama, but he bit out Obama’s dignity.

VorDaj on August 30, 2012 at 11:51 PM

I’m still bummed that it wasn’t Hologram Reagan!

Rude on August 30, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Really? I don’t think so…

sandee on August 30, 2012 at 11:49 PM

LOL. I’m just as surprised that others thought it was great.

changer1701 on August 30, 2012 at 11:53 PM

lorien1973 on August 30, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Yes, yes, and double yes. At the same time, though, you won’t see too many other Hollywood people talking in a respectful, civil way about politics and their opponents. Clint has class.

MadisonConservative on August 30, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Transcript of Clint Eastwood speech at RNC
Published August 30, 2012
*************************

EASTWOOD: Thank you very much. Thank you. Thank you
very much. Save a little for Mitt.

(APPLAUSE)

I know what you are thinking. You are thinking, what’s a
movie tradesman doing out here? You know they are all left
wingers out there, left of Lenin. At least that is what people
think. That is not really the case. There are a lot of
conservative people, a lot of moderate people, Republicans,
Democrats, in Hollywood. It is just that the conservative
people by the nature of the word itself play closer to the vest.
They do not go around hot dogging it.
(More…..)
============

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Lost in the shuffle was a really important point. Politicians work for us. That’s why we can let them go.

hawksruleva on August 30, 2012 at 11:54 PM

LOL. I’m just as surprised that others thought it was great.

changer1701 on August 30, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Well, in my opinion it was!

sandee on August 30, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Just as I expected, MSNBC is complaining about the “demeaning” nature of empty chair speech, yada, yada, yada….

Tater Salad on August 30, 2012 at 11:55 PM

portlandon on August 30, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Some judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see but not all can feel.

VorDaj on August 30, 2012 at 11:56 PM

I love Clint.

When he made the point that politicians are our employees, I wonder how many members of the self-styled ‘ruling class’, Republican and Dimocrat, squirmed.

That’s a very important point that far too many Americans seem to have forgotten.

Thanks, Mr. Eastwood.

avgjo on August 30, 2012 at 11:57 PM

The only thing wrong with the Eastwood chair skit is it got under the skin of the left. And that’s a good thing.

bgibbs1000 on August 30, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Tater Salad on August 30, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Because they worship barack, so they missed the entire point of Eastwood’s monologue: barack works for us, and he’s not doing his job so we’ve got to let him go. He’s not a messiah; he’s a lousy, lazy, incompetent employee.

Rational Thought on August 31, 2012 at 12:00 AM

To think so any longer is utter stupidity. If you want them to be there – you go there.

VorDaj on August 30, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Your chicken hawk routine won’t work here Mr. surrender….I fought hard to serve….fought with my Congressman all the way to the Pentagon for a waiver because I’m partially deaf. So save the chicken hawk routine for your Micheal Moore get togethers….

…which has nothing to do with the fact that losing this war in Afghanistan is a monumental disaster for this country and for any country that values true freedom.
The fact that we have a President who defied any real plans from the military for a chance at victory in Afghanistan….chose his political future ahead of what was best for the country…….was stupid enough to send troops on a surge that was way to small, with an exit date…… doesn’t mean that going to war in Afghanistan was wrong….it simply means it turned into a disaster of a loss and no one is holding our leadership accountable for it.

In case you haven’t noticed….the jihadist threat is not going away…it is growing stronger and is reaching further than at any time since the ottoman empire.
They want us dead period.
Losing the war in Afghanistan will only strengthen the jihad…it’s supporters…..and increase the threats against us and other free nations in the West.
We will have to fight this battle….only when we do in the future…we will have allowed this enemy to become much stronger,armed with nuclear weapons,and backed by the likes of Russia and China.

Instead of cheering for surrender….maybe you should consider the consequences of our loss to this barbaric enemy.

Baxter Greene on August 31, 2012 at 12:00 AM

It was performance art. He’s an artist, an actor. He’s Clint Eastwood.

“When somebody does not do the job, we have to let them go.”

Paul-Cincy on August 30, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I agree. I take back all the doubts I had about Eastwood. I thought he was going to make one more plodding scripted speech. Instead he took on the role of a Will Rogers and so got to say what the others were forbidden to say, but what a lot of the public has been saying in checkout lines, restaurants and bars

In other words, he acted like a regular American and his advice was simple. Its time to try something else. Clint changed the tone of the convention, because no one was speaking the unspeakable and he set them free to laugh and cheer together

No mealy mouth, he

IMHO he turned the convention, and broke the ice for Romney

Rubio was a great and lucky contrast to Eastwood

The release Eastwood created carried on into Romney’s speech, and Romney took the momentum and made it personal. Clint gave the audience permission to be free Americans, to shuck political correctness, and to admit the American dream is the best dream

Dolan did not hold back his prayers wrapping up the theme of individual liberty with the importance of religious freedom, inalienable rights granted by the Creator, finally reminding all of the sacrifice of men in uniform – who are mainly forgotten

They kept the balloons to a minimum and left a great great feeling of unity and optimism

They had to save Eastwood for last or the hen brigade would have clucked themselves to death

entagor on August 31, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I love Clint.

Thanks, Mr. Eastwood.

avgjo on August 30, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Absolutely!

KickandSwimMom on August 31, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Clint’s a good guy and a lot of people love him, but he didn’t belong on that stage tonight. He had a few good one-liners, but they got lost in the overall weirdness of his rambling, disconnected delivery.

Good thing Rubio made me forget all about him.

ElectricPhase on August 31, 2012 at 12:02 AM

What’s wrong with VA Gov Bob McDonnell? He was just on with Greta and he didn’t think Clint was funny. Geez, we were all ROFLOAO. Clint was priceless–instead of giving a speech, he acted it out and made his points straight on!

stukinIL4now on August 31, 2012 at 12:02 AM

The speech was kind of odd…… But HELLS BELLS people he’s 82!!!!

Kudos to him for thinking its that important. Thank you Mr. Eastwood.

PappyD61 on August 31, 2012 at 12:03 AM

“When your empolyee doesn’t do his job you have to let him go”

Dollayo on August 31, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Mr. Eastwood’s delivery made it look like: (1) he did not adequately prepare for his speech; or (2) he forgot at times what he was supposed to say.

This appearance detracted from the evening and stood in sharp contrast to the crispness of Marco Rubio’s speech that followed it (as well as of Rice and Ryan speeches last night), and to the presidential tenor of Mitt’s speech. Thank God it did not detract from the quality of Mitt’s speech itself.

Mr. Eastwood should have at least sought to connect the theme of an America coming back, which he asserted in his Super Bowl ad, with a Mitt Romney presidency as the vehicle (pun intended) to make it happen. That Super Bowl ad addressed the serious issue of our nation’s economic standing, and tonight Mr. Eastwood played the role of the clown. Not a wise plan. I doubt highly that Mitt had the chance to personally approve of Mr. Eastwood’s speech in advance becuse if he had that chance, he would most certainly not have approved of it. I am highly confident that Mitt and his team will more thoroughly vet celebrities in advance of any contemplated future appearance on the campaign trail.

OneVision on August 31, 2012 at 12:03 AM

No one has ever made fun of Obama like that in front of such an audience; the liberal TV pundits are in total meltdown.

Tater Salad on August 31, 2012 at 12:03 AM

People that get their news from Jon Stewart are saying bad things about Clint Eastwood.

They’re lucky we need people to flip burgers and mow yards or we would not let them stay in this country.

Moesart on August 31, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Outstanding. This was classic Eastwood and one of his best performances since Dirty Harry. Ad lib no less. But, I grew up on Eastwood and get his persona.

I’m wondering if the pos vs neg comments might be age related. But, I’m 378 in dog years.

old school on August 31, 2012 at 12:08 AM

OneVision on August 31, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Lighten up Francis.. Mr. Eastwood knew exactly what he was doing…

sandee on August 31, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Good thing Rubio made me forget all about him.

ElectricPhase on August 31, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Pretty much what I thought, too. Prepared text would’ve been better.

changer1701 on August 31, 2012 at 12:09 AM

On another topic, did Rubio flub one of his lines?

Near the end, I thought I heard him say something like “we chose more government over more freedom” in relation to Romney being elected. Did I hear that wrong?

lorien1973 on August 31, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Libtards are usually humorless.
Clint was funny and did it without a teleprompter.

diogenes on August 31, 2012 at 12:10 AM

He’s an American icon, his gig was very endearing.

JPeterman on August 31, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Wait a tic…wasn’t Gary Johnszzz & Ron Paul supposed to be delivering their acceptance speech for the President/Veep slot?

…I mean, how did THIS not happen?!?!?

:o)

BlaxPac on August 31, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Obama will forever be known as the empty chair.

The libtards are going ballistic on Twitter and MSNBC.

kevinkristy on August 31, 2012 at 12:12 AM

On another topic, did Rubio flub one of his lines?

lorien1973 on August 31, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Yep, he did…I caught that too.

changer1701 on August 31, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Lighten up Francis.. Mr. Eastwood knew exactly what he was doing…

sandee on August 31, 2012 at 12:09 AM

I wish I could agree with you.

OneVision on August 31, 2012 at 12:13 AM

I don’t know what you naysayers were watching, but I thought Clint did a great job! Pointed, funny, and… Clint!
We’ll visit you guys when you are 82 and see if your speaking is a little wavering.

Sterling Holobyte on August 31, 2012 at 12:13 AM

lorien1973 on August 31, 2012 at 12:10 AM

You heard correctly, he messed up.

Cindy Munford on August 31, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Your chicken hawk routine won’t work here Mr. surrender…

Your Mr. Surrender routine won’t work with me.

I’m partially deaf

When it comes to Afcrapistan, you are more than partially deaf, you are blind.

You have Afcrapistan on the brain. There is no longer anything to “win” in Afcrapistan. Not 9 years ago and not now. It is accomplishing little positive and more and more negative. If you can’t finally see that after 9 years, you are truly blind.

Baxter Greene on August 31, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I cheer for sanity and to an end to American troops dying and losing limbs for such utter stupidity as that which keeps them in that crap hole. OBL must be laughing his ass off in Hell. As to any love for the troops that you might think you possess, it’s like the “love” of “loving” someone to death.

VorDaj on August 31, 2012 at 12:13 AM

I can overlook an iconic 82 yr old who was well meaning and hit Obama hard, even though his delivery wasn’t the best than I can a speaker of the house who is drunk at a national convention.

TxAnn56 on August 31, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Absolutely brilliant. I can’t believe some of you pathetic whiners, complaining about the last great movie star tearing Obama a new one. That was directed at the heart of the liberal Death Star (Hollywood) and utterly demolished it. The guy is in his mid 80′s and had the balls to excoriate Obama in front of the world and you guys bitch about it? Long live Clint.

AmeriCuda on August 31, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Maybe because I am only in my 20s, I don’t appreciate some of the humor, but all I saw was an awkward speech by Eastwood, and I think the speech was really brutal, I had no idea what Eastwood was talking about half the time and it was rambling and incoherent and downright embarrassing.

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 31, 2012 at 12:14 AM

On another topic, did Rubio flub one of his lines?

lorien1973 on August 31, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Yeah, he did mess that one up. It’s forgivable. Romney fudged the intro to Paul Ryan by calling him the next President of the United States(so did Obama with Bite Me in 2008). Even the best speakers mess up lines from time to time. It’s just that you didn’t want Rubio to botch THAT one.

Doughboy on August 31, 2012 at 12:14 AM

OneVision on August 31, 2012 at 12:13 AM

What difference does it make? Do you think Gov. Romney could lose because of Eastwood? Silly.

Cindy Munford on August 31, 2012 at 12:14 AM

The more I think about it, the more I realize that the Dooms are so incredibly green-with-envy jealous that they didn’t think of something like this. Their Hollywood speaker is eye-candy Eva Longoria–how many people you think will actually be listening to what she’s saying?

stukinIL4now on August 31, 2012 at 12:14 AM

The media’s got its’ panties in a megawad over this one…What was the GOP thinking (or not)?
repvoter on August 30, 2012 at 11:44 PM

So are we supposed to now calculate our every move based on what the hacks in the media are going to say? They’re going to lie and slander us no matter what. Wtf cares what they think?

jawkneemusic on August 31, 2012 at 12:15 AM

On another topic, did Rubio flub one of his lines?

lorien1973 on August 31, 2012 at 12:10 AM

I thought I heard that. I even posted a quick “aw geez” in the other thread. When the deluge didn’t come, I figured I heard it wrong. Luckily it was lost in the Romney entrance. I didn’t even see much on Twitter about it.

Gingotts on August 31, 2012 at 12:15 AM

TxAnn56 on August 31, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Boehner was drunk, wasn’t he?

JPeterman on August 31, 2012 at 12:16 AM

I think everyone was expecting Eastwood to be Dirty Harry and instead they got Philo Beddoe from Every Which Way But Loose and it threw everyone for a loop. Yeah it didn’t work as great as planned, but hey, at least he gave it a go knowing his hollywood pals will never forgive him, he deserves credit for that.

clearbluesky on August 31, 2012 at 12:17 AM

On another topic, did Rubio flub one of his lines?

lorien1973 on August 31, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Caught that too. And also I should add that he did a great job otherwise, however it seemed more like he was campaigning for himself.

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 31, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Leftist media jackholes didn’t like Eastwood’s speech?

Well that’s it for me then, I’m voting Barky this year.

Bishop on August 31, 2012 at 12:18 AM

THE MSM`s Weigh in!!

Clint Eastwood’s rambling RNC speech
8/30/12 10:27 PM EDT
Updated: 8/31/12 12:01 AM EDT
*******************************

TAMPA, Fla. — Clint Eastwood delivered a rambling performance at the Republican National Convention on Thursday night in a speech that included the Hollywood legend speaking to an empty stool and telling an imaginary President Barack Obama “I’m not going to shut up” and calling the president “absolutely crazy.”

The Romney campaign defended Eastwood’s performance, saying, “His ad-libbing was a break from all the political speeches and the crowd enjoyed it.”
(More…..)
=======================================================

Jack*ss from Page/2!!

David Axelrod ‏@davidaxelrod

That screaming you hear backstage is poor Clint, when they told him Mitt wants U.S. to stay in Afghanistan INDEFINITELY.

David Axelrod ‏@davidaxelrod

What the heck IS this?
=================================

canopfor on August 31, 2012 at 12:18 AM

old school on August 31, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I am much younger than you and have only seen a few Eastwood films, but I loved it. At no time did I think he was rambling or whatever the critics are suggesting. It was much more enjoyable than Rubio’s speech.

McDuck on August 31, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands. -Clint Eastwood

The man is true to his word.

lynncgb on August 31, 2012 at 12:19 AM

They should have had Jon Voight speak too. He is rocking it on CNN.

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 31, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Methinks a lot of people posting here are monitoring MSNBC because their opinions sound a lot like the loons over there. Just remember folks, opinions are like *ssholes–we’ve all got one! Eastwood was fine. The wisdom of what he had to say (in an artful way) in no way detracts from the evening. It adds another facet to it. It is all good–unless, of course, you’re concerned about the opinions of the loons who frequent MSNBC.

KickandSwimMom on August 31, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Mr. Eastwood had good intentions. So his delivery was off. He is an icon and his point was clear. Liberals are immature brats. They will mock him and act like asses going after an old guy.

Ignore those children and keep preaching his point. Those with ears will gravitate towards the maturity.

Chubbs65 on August 31, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Leftist media jackholes didn’t like Eastwood’s speech?

Well that’s it for me then, I’m voting Barky this year.

Bishop on August 31, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Bishop:We had a Vulcan MindMeld Bishop,both of us(at 12:18AM)
time stamp thingy!:)

canopfor on August 31, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Sterling Holobyte on August 31, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Seriously. My grandma is his age and I understood him way more than I understand her LOL! I thought he was great – lots of funny moments. Anyone who can get by with thinly veiled ‘go f yourself‘ on a national stage like that is okay by me. :)

tdpwells on August 31, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Four years of Obama being a waste and failure is more than enough waste and failure to convince most sane people that enough is enough, but even with some of these very same people 10 years of waste and failure in Afcrapistan isn’t nearly enough waste and failure to convince them. Unbelievable.

VorDaj on August 31, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Cindy Munford on August 31, 2012 at 12:14 AM

If someone doesn’t make any difference at the convention, then why have him there?

And yeah, I think this could definitely hurt Romney. It’ll certainly give the DNC fodder for presentation next week and/or in future ads. Sit back and watch as it unfolds. This was an embarrassment.

OneVision on August 31, 2012 at 12:21 AM

I thought Eastwood gave a great performance. The empty chair representing Obama was a perfect description without saying a word. And a lot was left to the imagination. You’ll notice the audience figured out the empty chair’s imaginary reply without any difficulty.

He gave that little comedy routine without a teleprompter, too. Kudos, Clint.

Now, make my election day.

hachiban on August 31, 2012 at 12:22 AM

I had no idea what Eastwood was talking about half the time
Raquel Pinkbullet on August 31, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Do you understand English?

McDuck on August 31, 2012 at 12:23 AM

I loved his presentation. Especially the parts about Biden. Heh…Joe, a big grin with a body behind it.

Lightswitch on August 31, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Boehner was drunk, wasn’t he?

JPeterman on August 31, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Why, did he act like Chris Matthews?

Cindy Munford on August 31, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 31, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Some of it, yeah. He’s probably going to be prominent on the campaign trail, so I’m sure they wanted america to get to know him a bit better.

Some of his lines were good. I was just hoping to hear “socialist” once this convention. I left disappointed.

Ryan came close “everything is free but us”
Rubio came close “These are the ideas that people come to America to get away from.”

lorien1973 on August 31, 2012 at 12:23 AM

KickandSwimMom on August 31, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Maybe I couldn’t appreciate his humor because I’m still in my 20s, but to me it seemed downright atrocious and I felt bad for him.

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 31, 2012 at 12:23 AM

OneVision on August 31, 2012 at 12:21 AM

C’mon. DNC is going to run a clint eastwood ad? LOL

lorien1973 on August 31, 2012 at 12:24 AM

It reminded me of an old Bob Newhart routine. I guess that one must be of a certain age to remember and fully appreciate the style.

DAT60A3 on August 30, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Exactly! Glad that there are some that get it. (I’m not that old but was raised on Nick at Nite.) Some of it was due to an unscripted bit with no teleprompter, but others need to check out stuff like this first. Newhart always stammered during his bits. It’s one of his trademarks.

Gingotts on August 31, 2012 at 12:24 AM

OneVision on August 31, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Let ‘em make fun, i’m sure seniors will appreciate them making fun of an 82 year old American icon.

clearbluesky on August 31, 2012 at 12:25 AM

OneVision on August 31, 2012 at 12:21 AM

You think Obama would use Clint Eastwood in their commercials? Oh, I hope you are right.

Cindy Munford on August 31, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Wow…horrible speech. Strange, awkward, rambling, and uncomfortable. Clint talking to an imaginary Obama and the imaginary Obama telling everyone to go f*ck themselves? That’s Mitt’s special guest? Out of character with all of the other speeches. Can’t wait to hear the back story on this debacle. Apologists already saying the teleprompter failed.

ZippyZ on August 31, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Boehner always seems half in the bag to me.

clearbluesky on August 31, 2012 at 12:25 AM

lorien1973 on August 31, 2012 at 12:23 AM

The line Marco flubbed was probably one that would have been used as an outtake in future ads, oops!

Cindy Munford on August 31, 2012 at 12:27 AM

C’mon. DNC is going to run a clint eastwood ad? LOL

lorien1973 on August 31, 2012 at 12:24 AM

You laugh now, but wait a day or two. This is low-hanging fruit for the Dems – nothing is beneath them, as we well know. The attack machine is already cranking up.

OneVision on August 31, 2012 at 12:27 AM

God Bless you Clint…!

*clink!*

Seven Percent Solution on August 31, 2012 at 12:27 AM

New York Times on August 31, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Del Dolemonte on August 31, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Do you understand English?

McDuck on August 31, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Come on now, no need for ad hominems. I QUALIFIED my comment by saying, maybe because I’m in my early 20s I didn’t appreciate some of the humor.

To ME, Eastwood’s speech was downright embarrassing and I honestly worried about his health. It seemed rambling, incoherent, and uncomfortable.

And I know there are others who agree with me.

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 31, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Out of character with all of the other speeches.

ZippyZ on August 31, 2012 at 12:25 AM

It was suppose to be. Do you just go to the same movie and see it over and over again?

VorDaj on August 31, 2012 at 12:28 AM

(craptons of concern trolling)
New York Times on August 31, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Del Dolemonte on August 31, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Nuts!

Gingotts on August 31, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Clint can STILL work a room!

A gifted actor and director. Who knows instinctively that a subtle, gentle, humorous touch can have the same effect as bludgeoning with a brick!

Let the MSM have their conniptions. He’s Clint F*cking Eastwood! What can they possibly do?

Jack Deth on August 31, 2012 at 12:30 AM

zippy.. dream on, dream on

sandee on August 31, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Ryan came close “everything is free but us”

lorien1973 on August 31, 2012 at 12:23 AM

I think he did a good job, it did seem like the general strategy was to try and appeal to the undecideds, more so than to offer red meat to the base. I loved Romney’s speech the most passionate I have ever seen him.

Raquel Pinkbullet on August 31, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Del Dolemonte on August 31, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Cheap, Del, and beneath you. I’ve agreed with pretty much every post you’ve made before; you can do better.

OneVision on August 31, 2012 at 12:31 AM

McDuck on August 31, 2012 at 12:18 AM

My premise was wrong. Thank you!

old school on August 31, 2012 at 12:32 AM

OneVision on August 31, 2012 at 12:27 AM

If you think the DNC or anyone is going to spend any time or money on Eastwood; you are crazier than Eastwood appeared up on stage.

It’s not worth the effort. And for what purpose? To piss off old people?

lorien1973 on August 31, 2012 at 12:33 AM

McDuck on August 31, 2012 at 12:18 AM

You heard and you listened. You saw and you observed.

VorDaj on August 31, 2012 at 12:34 AM

On another topic, did Rubio flub one of his lines?

lorien1973 on August 31, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Didn’t catch that.

But yes, I caught 2-3 cases where (in order) Eastwood, and Rubio, and Romney, each all briefly flubbed their lines. That’s 2 times per speech. And when they did it is was a 1 word flub.

Del Dolemonte on August 31, 2012 at 12:34 AM

A cloned version of Seamus the dog

Is this a Floyd reference?

Tom_Shipley on August 31, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Del Dolemonte on August 31, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Z–

;-)

CorporatePiggy on August 31, 2012 at 12:35 AM

OneVision on August 31, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Nah…the majority of people in this world know better than to insult and mock their elders…and the majority of people will also take his age into account before spewing all sorts of criticism. With anyone that is 82…you can never be sure how things are going to turn out.

“You want a guarantee…buy a toaster.” Know who said that…? Clint Eastwood.

lynncgb on August 31, 2012 at 12:36 AM

OneVision on August 31, 2012 at 12:27 AM

I don’t think it would be wise to mess with Clint Eastwood. You might think he’s a bumbling fool but he isn’t and he doesn’t seem to suffer fools gladly.

Cindy Munford on August 31, 2012 at 12:36 AM