No Longer Mystery Guest Revealed Update: Video added

posted at 10:21 pm on August 30, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

Even though Allahpundit ruined it and spoiled the surprise, the guessing game surrounding the “mystery speaker” at the RNC was a welcome change from the scripted beauty pageant these things have become over time. It wasn’t the only surprise, of course. Some of Mitt’s long time friends who spoke about his work with people in the community as a young man, including aiding families caring for children with terminal illnesses, brought the room to silence, tears, and finally thunderous applause.

But who was the special guest? Would it be a hologram of Ronald Reagan? A cloned version of Seamus the dog? Ed Morrissey? (Oh, come on… you were all suspicious, given that Ed supposedly didn’t come to the convention.)

But no. Unlike the very personal messages delivered by long time family friends, our mystery guest was there to deliver a more stern message. Clint Eastwood has long been known as one of the few conservatives in Hollywood with the standing to speak his mind without fear of being hounded out by the town’s controlling factions. And the star didn’t fail to deliver.

He assured the crowd that there are conservatives and moderates in Hollywood, but said that they don’t “hot dog it around” like some others. He talked about how he was willing to give Obama a chance when he was elected and how it was an emotional moment for many Americans. But the real tragedy, as he put it, was that there are 23 million Americans without jobs. And maybe it’s time for somebody else to take a crack at the job. Clint was not coming on as some sort of hard right winger. He mentioned his opposition to both wars, but criticized Obama for his handling of Afghanistan and foreign policy in general.

It was an interesting choice. He kept talking to an empty chair next to him on the stage, pretending that President Obama was sitting in it. The comedy fell a bit flat at times, but he put on a heck of a show. Oh… and his comments about Joe Biden were not to be missed.

Exit quote from Dirty Harry: “When somebody does not do the job, we have to let them go.”

Video upcoming. You be the judge. And here it is.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

We should all vote for Ron Paul

GW_SS-Delta on August 30, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Yeah, but it was so strange and weird and stuff.

So says the p*ssies of Hot Gas. Go f*ck yourselves.

the new aesthetic on August 30, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Fantastic!

crazywater on August 30, 2012 at 10:24 PM

That. Was. Bizarre.

And somewhat painful. And the perfect excuse for the media to ignore Mitt’s almost-certainly sterling address.

KingGold on August 30, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Holy cow, he kicked O’Bongo’s ass quite nicely.

trapeze on August 30, 2012 at 10:24 PM

I didn’t know it was a movie quote, but it was a great line. Because it’s so true.

Paul-Cincy on August 30, 2012 at 10:24 PM

um….sadly….

I told you so.

That was just plain sad.

Rubio, however, is on friggin’ fire.

Tim_CA on August 30, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Harry Callahan: I know what you’re thinking. “Did he fire six shots or only five?” Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you’ve got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

wildcat72 on August 30, 2012 at 10:25 PM

…go ahead…make my day!

KOOLAID2 on August 30, 2012 at 10:25 PM

That. Was. Bizarre.

KingGold on August 30, 2012 at 10:24 PM

It was performance art. He’s an artist, an actor. He’s Clint Eastwood.

“When somebody does not do the job, we have to let them go.”

Paul-Cincy on August 30, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Harry Callahan: Well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard. That’s my policy.
The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
Harry Callahan: When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross!
[walks out of the room]
The Mayor: He’s got a point.

wildcat72 on August 30, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Im not going to lie. I really liked that speech. Yes there were some parts that were flat but overall that was pretty good.

The Empty Chair had be going and then the Biden comments finished me off. I cant remember when I have laughed that hard at a political speech.

He was very subtle with some of his stuff to. Well done.

Blu3Yeti on August 30, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I thought it was funny and brilliant. I didn’t know he could be so funny. Who cares what the left says? They’re going to smear and mock whatever we do. I’m free to caring what they think or say. They are pathetic people and mentally unhinged.

It was a great way to lighten up.

texanpride on August 30, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Clint Eastwood gave the greatest speech of the convention so far. moved me to the core. its not about mitt, its about being an American.

renalin on August 30, 2012 at 10:28 PM

It was performance art. He’s an artist, an actor. He’s Clint Eastwood.

“When somebody does not do the job, we have to let them go.”

Paul-Cincy on August 30, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I understand all that. Doesn’t stop it from being bizarre, and doesn’t stop the media from being disingenuous.

It may have been funny, but trust me that not everybody got the joke.

KingGold on August 30, 2012 at 10:29 PM

That would be free “From” caring.

texanpride on August 30, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Paul-Cincy on August 30, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Not a particularly clever line. What Dirty Harry was that from? I don’t recall it.

rickv404 on August 30, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Clint Eastwood is clearly not comfortable speaking in public. Behind or in front of a camera is where he is at home. And yet, he did that little routine quite well for a man of advanced years. Nothing to be ashamed of at all. He kicked ass when so many others at this convention did not.

trapeze on August 30, 2012 at 10:31 PM

the chair is going to hit obama right where it hurts. his ego. the chair sat lower than Clint.

Clint should win an Academy Award for this. the greatest short clip of all time.

renalin on August 30, 2012 at 10:32 PM

This one would be well directed at Obama:

Captain Briggs: Don’t you lecture me, you son of a bitch! Do you know who I am? Do you know my record?
Harry Callahan: Yeah… you’re a legend in your own mind.

wildcat72 on August 30, 2012 at 10:32 PM

He talked to an empty chair? Same as talking to Obama. Works for me.

The Rogue Tomato on August 30, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Thanks Clint, enjoyed your humor tonight and for all of your wonderful films.

Sandybourne on August 30, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Harry Callahan: Yeah… you’re a legend in your own mind.

wildcat72 on August 30, 2012 at 10:35 PM

It WAS performance art and there were some heavy-hitting lines aimed straight at the failure Øbama.

Well done.

keebs on August 30, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Eastwood tripped over his remarks a few times, which was uncomfortable to watch, but whatevs…..It’s Clint frickin’ Eastwood.

His speech was sincere and heartfelt. I’m proud of him for standing up for conservatism when so few in Hollywood now will. I give him all the credit in the world for being there.

Thank you Mr. Eastwood.

Hawkins1701 on August 30, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I love Clint as much as the next guy, but that was a rambling meandering mess. He should have at least put some kind of a general outline on the prompter.

I think we were all hoping for more, but it seems the epic win of Zell’s spitballs are nowhere to be found at this convention.

Professor_Chaos on August 30, 2012 at 10:36 PM

I came into his speech after it started. I haven’t watched all the coverage because of work, but I turned it on and when I saw Clint, I decided to watch.

I was a funny and well played bashing of this loser president.

Clint still looks great, but he seemed OLD for the first time I can ever remember.

And Marco Rubio, he made me laugh, he made me cry and he made me proud and grateful to be born in the USA.

Jvette on August 30, 2012 at 10:37 PM

It was GOOD!

scookam on August 30, 2012 at 10:37 PM

concern trolls are concerned

Rio Linda Refugee on August 30, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Is it true his speech in the prompter was stuck on the opening so he had to wing it??

Hurricanes on August 30, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Yes it was sad. I wonder why the role was proposed. It didn’t live up to the hype and made things awkward. Rubio….YES!

jatfla on August 30, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Hey p*ssies, you know who you are. Just enjoy your p*ssieness.

the new aesthetic on August 30, 2012 at 10:42 PM

*It* was a funny and well played bashing…..

Sigh. Long day.

Jvette on August 30, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Eastwood was okay – but, the comedy routine was silly and weird and he certainly could have used his important speaking spot to say something, well, important. This is where Sarah SHOULD HAVE spoken – she could have fired folks up and reminded everyone about what is truly at stake in this election. Eastwood sounded like a disillusioned liberal – he was just a bad choice for such a key, prime-time spot – it was a wasted opportunity.

Pork-Chop on August 30, 2012 at 10:44 PM

FAIL

DBear on August 30, 2012 at 10:45 PM

I had to turn him off when he started talking about Afghanistan. Comparing what we’re doing to what the Soviets did shows not only Eastwood’s ignorance of facts, but is insulting to our troops and the care we show for the civilian population, even to the point of risking and sometimes losing our own lives to avoid civilian casualties.

I haven’t watched all the speeches at the convention, but with the ones I have seen, the military seems to be off the Republicans’ radar screen. At least they don’t have the contempt for the military that Obama and friends have, but it’s still disturbing. As the mother of one son who lost his life in Afghanistan, another one who is over there now, and a third who will be entering the military shortly, it bothers me a lot that between Mitt Romney and his 5 sons, not one of them did any military service. And working as a Mormon missionary doesn’t count as service to the country.

milmom25 on August 30, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Eastwood once had his own police force to command, TFGRP can’t even figure out how to enter Marine 1 without smacking his head.

Bishop on August 30, 2012 at 10:47 PM

I was hoping the special guest would be Triumph the Insult Dog.

fogw on August 30, 2012 at 10:47 PM

It reminded me of an old Bob Newhart routine. I guess that one must be of a certain age to remember and fully appreciate the style.

DAT60A3 on August 30, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Oh how I wish Clint would have been younger. The effects of age were the only thing disappointing about his routine.

keep the change on August 30, 2012 at 10:48 PM

That was like an old rickety rollercoaster ride on Coney Island.. Lots of fun but you’re just not sure if its going to go off the track at any minute.. lol

rgrovr on August 30, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I loved it.

McDuck on August 30, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Aug 30, 10:44 PM EDT
Clint Eastwood is Mitt Romney’s opening act
******************************************

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — Clint Eastwood, the Hollywood filmmaker who knows all about sticking to the script, turned in what seemed like an oddly unscripted endorsement of Republican Mitt Romney Wednesday night.

Standing on the convention stage with an empty chair, Eastwood carried on a sometimes rambling conversation with an imaginary President Barack Obama.

The actor and director talked about Oprah Winfrey, Obama’s unfulfilled promise to close the U.S. prison at Guantanamo, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and lawyers.

At one point, Eastwood talked about letting Obama go and making a change.

“When somebody doesn’t do the job, you gotta let `em go,” Eastwood said. The tough-guy actor of “Dirty Harry” fame drew a finger across his throat.

The crowd cheered Eastwood’s entrance and his famed shouted his famed catchphrase, “Go ahead, make my day.” But backstage, stern-faced Romney aides winced at times as Eastwood’s remarks stretched on.

On a night where virtually every moment was scripted, Eastwood was among the only speakers not reading from a teleprompter as he spoke.

The Oscar-winning director of “Unforgiven” and “Million Dollar Baby,” Eastwood criticized Obama for failing to turn the economy around and for wanting to close the Guantanamo Bay prison for terror suspects.

Eastwood says Obama has failed to deliver on his promises and it’s time for Romney and his running mate, Paul Ryan, to take over.

He entertained the audience with a mock interview with Obama, posing questions and pretending that Obama had told Eastwood to shut up.

Eastwood endorsed Romney earlier this month at a campaign event in Sun Valley, Idaho.
==================

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Awesome/Superb,loved it as well!!

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 10:55 PM

the new aesthetic on August 30, 2012 at 10:42 PM

I think the axeman cometh for you punk. Go ahead, make my day Allah.

bigjacket on August 30, 2012 at 10:56 PM

milmom25 on August 30, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I’m certain that you misunderstood him. Clint was undoubtedly referring to the fact that we have made critical errors in managing Afghanistan, just as the Soviets did. It’s not a knock on the military, it’s an observation that there are just some nations (if you can call Afghanistan a nation) that will never join the civilized world, and should be left to their own brand of barbarism, only to be throttled when they get thinking they should attack civilized nations.

Our mistake in Afghanistan was when the Taliban was out of power, we should have left, and left the job up to diplomats. Our military is better than this, and being ground up by Obumble, just to make a point.

john1schn on August 30, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Dear milmom25, I honor your sons for their service and sacrifices but knocking the Romney men for lack of military service reminds me of Cindy Sheehan.

Mason on August 30, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Clint freaking rocked it, sure he stumbled… he’s friggin’ old. But those one liners were epic.

ErikMcA on August 30, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Ben Smith ‏@BuzzFeedBen

Eastwood content getting more traffic than anything else this entire convention, per our live stats. By a lot.

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Look, here’s the thing. It’s Clint Eastwood. He’s getting up there in age, and doesn’t care about being polished, rehearsed, well-timed, etc. He just doesn’t care. And why should he? HE’S DIRTY FREAKIN’ HARRY.

It was off-the-cuff. It was informal. It was funny. I felt like we were belly-up to a bar somewhere, drinking a scotch, and talking politics. I certainly did not find it incoherent, weird, strange, etc. I give him WAY more credit than that.

conservalassie on August 30, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I love Clint Eastwood, and wanted to like his speech…but honestly, it was awkward.

changer1701 on August 30, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I love Clint as much as the next guy, but that was a rambling meandering mess.

Professor_Chaos on August 30, 2012 at 10:36 PM

It was poetry. You must have a tin ear.

VorDaj on August 30, 2012 at 11:05 PM

That was an amazing speech. And for those going on about Afghanistan, he was turning Liberal ideals on themselves. The Russian argument was an argument used when Bush was in power. I know. I was a liberal then. There were a lot of stuff like that in his speech. You needed to be aware of what was going in Liberal circles to understand it. And don’t worry, Independents will get it. It was hilarious.

MrX on August 30, 2012 at 11:06 PM

conservalassie on August 30, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Agreed. I feel like the critics and I must have watched different speeches.

McDuck on August 30, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I enjoyed Eastwood’s speech, especially the delivery. I think he was making fun of Obamao’s way of reading from the teleprompter so smoothly. Eastwood showed that, unlike Obamao, he has class.

rpjkw11 on August 30, 2012 at 11:09 PM

milmom25 on August 30, 2012 at 10:46 PM

That’s much better service to the country than what today’s Amry and Marine generals are doing.

VorDaj on August 30, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Had a few high points to the speech, but there was an awful lot of stuttering and rambling. Who the heck was he talking to off stage?

AngusMc on August 30, 2012 at 11:10 PM

MrX on August 30, 2012 at 11:06 PM

What I heard him say, and say clearly, is that we should get out of Afcrapistan yesterday.

VorDaj on August 30, 2012 at 11:11 PM

The man is 82 years old. That performance worked just fine for me, and sans teleprompter to boot. Good on him to put himself out there politically, he certainly didn’t NEED to do it so that makes it all the more impressive.

SphericMojo on August 30, 2012 at 11:12 PM

He should have endorsed Ron Paul at the end.

rndmusrnm on August 30, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Ryan/Rubio 2020

Ben Hur on August 30, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Dirty Harry’s speech was damn good.

wildcat72 on August 30, 2012 at 11:16 PM

So, in case nobody else is aware of it, the entirety of Clint’s presentation was extemporaneous. No teleprompter, no cue cards. The man is 82 years old, after all. So there were hesitations, some starts and stops, and some of the humor came up short. But those aren’t the point. The point was made, and it was made brilliantly.

He is in the uncommon position of having no axe to grind, no agenda to stand behind, and nobody to whom he is obliged to behave one way or another. This leaves him free to say and do as he pleases. He had fun, and I’d say he’s allowed to do so.

Incoherent? You would have to be an imbecile to fail to understand what he presented. You decide.

Freelancer on August 30, 2012 at 11:17 PM

It was perfect for the moment. You don’t want some movie star being the star on a candidate’s big night. If Eastwood would have played it like Charlton Heston or Ronald Reagan it wouldn’t have been believable. He was simply himeslf and I appreciated that. I thought it was funny and clever and actually surprised me. I had expected him to attempt all fire and brimstone, which wouldn’t have worked for him. He’s not an orator he’s a movie star and I thank him for standing up for his Consrvative beliefs.
And you know. it was kind of refreshing to not have someone giving a speech.

Deanna on August 30, 2012 at 11:18 PM

milmom25 on August 30, 2012 at 10:46 PM

His comparison was that it was stupid for Russia for Russia to be there, and for so long, and it is stupid for America for America to be there, and for so long.

VorDaj on August 30, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Dirty Harry’s speech was damn good.

wildcat72 on August 30, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Yes it was…

Electrongod on August 30, 2012 at 11:20 PM

FAIL

DBear on August 30, 2012 at 10:45 PM

There’s an a-holetroll we haven’t seen it a while.

Suck it, slaver. Your “special guest” is going to be a lifetime student-communist who can barely keep her propaganda/lies straight. You want to compare?

Dirt McGirt on August 30, 2012 at 11:21 PM

BRAVO Mr. Eastwood!

On Nov. 6, Americans are going to tell Obama what to do with himself.

RedRobin145 on August 30, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Freelancer on August 30, 2012 at 11:17 PM

THIS…+100

Deanna on August 30, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Sorry folks. Down twinkles to the doddering old fool routine. Buzzkill Convention buster. Make no mistake I have always been a fan of Eastwoods, both as an actor and a director. This was just bad.

Bmore on August 30, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Instead of an empty chair Clint should have been talking to an empty suit.

fogw on August 30, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Not much for the hollywood set, Conservative or not….but I thought Clint contrasting having a Businessman in the White House instead of a lawyer is something that could really gain some traction with the electorate.

…..hope to see more of this contrast in the coming months.

Baxter Greene on August 30, 2012 at 11:26 PM

It may have been funny, but trust me that not everybody got the joke.

KingGold on August 30, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Who gives a crap, Mr. WhinyButt.

fossten on August 30, 2012 at 11:27 PM

SphericMojo on August 30, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Here! Here! Mega dittos to that.

Jvette on August 30, 2012 at 11:28 PM

VorDaj on August 30, 2012 at 11:09 PM

You can kiss my ass with your anti-military bullshit.

Whether you agree with their mission or not…they are in the line of fire while your pompous ass in front of your keyboard.

Your lack of respect and appreciation for the brave men and women who defend this country shows you to be nothing but an ignorant hack.

Baxter Greene on August 30, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Empty chairs are raaaaaaaaacist in 3 . . . 2 . . .

Gene Hunt on August 30, 2012 at 11:32 PM

It was odd, uncomfortable, and makes me worry for Clint Eastwood’s health.

This was a PR disaster.

portlandon on August 30, 2012 at 11:33 PM

I liked that. A tough old bastidge who ain’t afraid to speak his mind. And funny.

JimK on August 30, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Unscripted…sincere…funny at times…and to the point. Clint did it his way. He stuck up for his country tonight and did his part to take America out of Obozo’s hands. Well done Clint!

johnnybgood on August 30, 2012 at 11:34 PM

This speech was brilliant for an 82 year old performer.
Holy smokes, those of you slamming it are crazy.
Independents do get it. He was the perfect pre Mitt.
Well done.

ORconservative on August 30, 2012 at 11:34 PM

It was odd, uncomfortable, and makes me worry for Clint Eastwood’s health.

Yeah. That was weird. I watched it at the gym and I felt sorry for him.

lorien1973 on August 30, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Mr. Eastwood did well and I appreciate his effort. milmom25, may God bless your sons and watch over them. We owe your family a debt of gratitude not easily paid. God bless you.

poli-nana on August 30, 2012 at 11:34 PM

It was odd, uncomfortable, and makes me worry for Clint Eastwood’s health.

This was a PR disaster.

portlandon on August 30, 2012 at 11:33 PM

I don’t know that it was a disaster, but otherwise I agree. Bad enough for any actor come to give a speech and stutter that much, but Clint’s always been good in front of the camera.

Loved what he did have to say, though.

MadisonConservative on August 30, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Baxter Greene on August 30, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Did you notice he’s mentioning Army and Marine Generals? He’s not talking about the people doing the hard work of actually defending the country, he’s talking about the people who suck up to Obummer.

john1schn on August 30, 2012 at 11:35 PM

82, off the cuff. I’ll take it. Thought it was great, being what it was.

Also, own a model 29 S&W 8 3/8th’s. My uncles gunsmithing school final project. It’s all kinds of badass. Trigger pull measured at knat fart. Crisp. A few bull moose and many deer…

wolly4321 on August 30, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Biden “Kind of a grin with a body behind it.”

And using the empty chair to basically say the president is an empty suit.

It was very funny.

blue13326 on August 30, 2012 at 11:37 PM

You can kiss my ass with your anti-military bullshit.

Like Eastwood said to ‘Obama’ – no I’m not going to do that.

Baxter Greene on August 30, 2012 at 11:32 PM

No one, I repeat no one, who cares at all for the troops in Afcrapistan wants them to be there and hasn’t wanted them to be there for at least the last several. They are not defending America by being in Afcrapistan. To think so any longer is utter stupidity. If you want them to be there – you go there.

VorDaj on August 30, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Pity there wasn’t an empty suit draped over that empty chair – otherwise, great!

OldEnglish on August 30, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Did you notice he’s mentioning Army and Marine Generals?

john1schn on August 30, 2012 at 11:35 PM

The building formally known as the Pentagon has become a G-d damned w-hore house of servicing Muslims. The Perfumed Pimps there masquerading as Generals have no regard for America and it’s Constitution or their own troops and they are all out sons-of-#itches, traitors, and chronic dhimmis!

VorDaj on August 30, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Concern trolls are smelliest of all the trolls.

jawkneemusic on August 30, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Loved what he did have to say, though.

MadisonConservative on August 30, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Deep down, weren’t we all kind of hoping he’d reprise his Gran Torino role and just go at it with insulting people.

lorien1973 on August 30, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Rarely do I fail to at least understand where others are coming from, but I am baffled by the negative reactions. The independent voter I was watching with it burst out laughing many times. It was great.

McDuck on August 30, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Okay this might be unpopular but I LOVED Clint!

sandee on August 30, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Has Matthews weighed in on the “we own this country” line yet?

Clint was, of course, talking about rich white men, right?

Whatever MSNBC pays Chris for that crap, I’ll take 1/5 of it to do the same – in my sleep.

Dirt McGirt on August 30, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Yeah. That was weird. I watched it at the gym and I felt sorry for him.

lorien1973 on August 30, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Loved what he did have to say, though.

MadisonConservative on August 30, 2012 at 11:35 PM

His sentiments were 100 correct. I just felt sorry for him, which overwhelmed his message. My wife was wondering what the heck he was talking about.

portlandon on August 30, 2012 at 11:44 PM

The media’s got its’ panties in a megawad over this one…What was the GOP thinking (or not)?

repvoter on August 30, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Maybe he should have borrowed TOTUS.But hey,the guy is 80 yrs. old, what’s Obama’s excuse!

redware on August 30, 2012 at 11:44 PM

very nice light touch. playfully humorous but very spot on. it was excellent. 82 year old dude improving in front of a huge crowd. pretty amazing.

spivey on August 30, 2012 at 11:46 PM