Yahoo bureau chief: The GOP is happy to have a party while black people drown

posted at 2:01 pm on August 29, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via Newsbusters. He’s now the former bureau chief:

Yahoo News confirms:

“David Chalian’s statement was inappropriate and does not represent the views of Yahoo!. He has been terminated effective immediately. We have already reached out to the Romney campaign, and we apologize to Mitt Romney, his staff, their supporters and anyone who was offended.”

It’s interesting that ABC, which was initially blamed for Chalian’s remark, was so quick to identify him as the culprit. They could have gone the NBC route and refused to say, insisting only that it was “someone who doesn’t work for our news department.” Maybe they got enough grief for Brian Ross’s insta-scapegoating of tea partiers after the Aurora shooting that they decided they weren’t going to take any new heat from the right on this, even if that meant naming Chalian as the offender.

Anyway, an important lesson here for the media: The next time you’re riffing with your colleagues about how much Republicans hate minorities, check the mics in the room first. Or take Patrick Brennan’s advice and jump to a network where the last tattered pretense of objectivity was discarded long ago:

Exit question: Was Chalian’s comment really the most egregious smear of convention-goers yesterday? Read Timothy Carney’s post before you answer.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Dumb white boy.

madmonkphotog on August 29, 2012 at 2:42 PM

This is good evidence to suggest that the PMITA which ABC underwent has had an effect. That needs to keep happening.

ted c on August 29, 2012 at 2:43 PM

False racism…

… It’s all the Left has.

Well, that, voter fraud, and all the illegals Obomwa gave amnesty too…

… Oh, wait!

Seven Percent Solution on August 29, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Bullcrap. He was their Washington Bureau Chief for crying out loud!
Does Yahoo really think we believe he wasn’t expressing this attitude every damn day to his employees and bosses? And that was just fine until he pulled their covers on a hot mic.

RadClown on August 29, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Breaking News: MSNBC announces the premiere of “The David Chalian Show”. His first guest: Alan Grayson.

Put down the lamp, it’s a joke.

pilamaye on August 29, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Was Mr. Chalian under the impression that the guests were filling sandbags at Obama’s fundraisers?

Cindy Munford on August 29, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Black people drown in a Category 1 hurricane?

Don’t they know how to swim?

Dack Thrombosis on August 29, 2012 at 2:45 PM

I bet these comments are made a daily basis by the MSM off air. They happend to be caught now. If the mike was off this moron would still working for this “news” outlet. Give me a break.

Erikimmigrant on August 29, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Believe me. There was a collective gasp by all news reporters, pundits, and employees.

Their voices cried out is unison…”you can get fired for that?”

WisRich on August 29, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Funny that Mr. Hitt would rather paint racism on Republicans instead of disarray with the grassroots and Paul supporters. That’s pretty lazy.

Cindy Munford on August 29, 2012 at 2:47 PM

I have a really bad feeling about all of this.

It’s just not sitting well in my gut – things are ramping up like nothing I have ever seen in my 30 years of voting.

At this rate – when Romney/Ryan win – what then?

tru2tx on August 29, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I’ve had that same feeling for months…

PatriotRider on August 29, 2012 at 2:23 PM

A lot of us have had the same “gut intuition” for a while now.

: (

listens2glenn on August 29, 2012 at 2:47 PM

According to the above link, Plaquemines Parish, where levees were overtopped by the storm surge from Hurricane Isaac, had a population in 2000 that was 69.77% white and 23.39% African American.

Obama was campaigning in Iowa yesterday while white people drowned. Why wasn’t he in Louisiana stopping the seas from rising, as he promised?

One notable absentee from the RNC was Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal. He is back home, doing his job. Somebody at the RNC needs to mention this–what Governors are supposed to do.

Steve Z on August 29, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Dack Thrombosis on August 29, 2012 at 2:45 PM

I don’t think you should joke about that stuff, it is getting bad in some areas.

Cindy Munford on August 29, 2012 at 2:49 PM

I am getting so sick of being accused of being racist by these bastards. Thankfully it hasn’t happened in front of me personally… I may slap someone if it does happen.

Yakko77 on August 29, 2012 at 2:50 PM

So what, his replacement will be no less leftist, if not more, just quieter.

TallDave on August 29, 2012 at 2:50 PM

iconoclast on August 29, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Yep, whoever they are they are worthy of all the ridicule and embarrassment that can be heaped on them, no matter which “side” they are on.

Cindy Munford on August 29, 2012 at 2:51 PM

tru2tx on August 29, 2012 at 2:20 PM

PatriotRider on August 29, 2012 at 2:23 PM

I join you in your unease.

Years ago the brakes went out on my car while I was driving. The feeling was exactly the same as the one I have now.

creeper on August 29, 2012 at 2:51 PM

This is the narrative put out by the Journolisters…he just didn’t do it well and got caught.

d1carter on August 29, 2012 at 2:51 PM

listens2glenn on August 29, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Rotate loaded mags. Springs need relief too.

a capella on August 29, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Steve Z on August 29, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Have we really come to this? We need to give public recognition to a governor for doing what is expected? I would understand public ridicule if he was in Tampa instead of LA, but why should anyone make a big deal of this? We definitely need to raise the bar on our expectations of leaders.

weaselyone on August 29, 2012 at 2:52 PM

From the comments at the Carney piece:

The Democrats are just trying to win an election to save the country from right wing maniacs.

It’s all good, bro!

John the Libertarian on August 29, 2012 at 2:09 PM

But that’s where I always stop laughing and get grim. This is why they’re actually dangerous. No evidence will change their statement of religious faith that “the right” is fundamentally evil and must be stopped.

One chick on The View believing George Bush knocked down the world trade center in prep of declaring martial law in prep of establishing a theocracy would just be stupid and at worst tragically sad, except that she goes out and acts on those beliefs.

Ex: What are Obama’s numbers again? Expressed in say, for convenience, ten-millions?

Axe on August 29, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Cindy Munford on August 29, 2012 at 2:47 PM

You noticed that too? These people are covering a Political
Convention, where there has been acrimony for months by
various factions within the Party.So what is the framing
of the event by the Leftist media. Why its RACISM!!!

ToddPA on August 29, 2012 at 2:53 PM

I have a really bad feeling about all of this.

At this rate – when Romney/Ryan win – what then?

tru2tx on August 29, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Even though it’s absolute BS, these progressives have themselves so convinced of their moral authority and likely are so deluded that they probably honestly believe all us conservatives are racists that I expect to one degree or another some rioting to occur when Obama loses.

Yakko77 on August 29, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Rotate loaded mags. Springs need relief too.

a capella on August 29, 2012 at 2:51 PM

We uneasily make quips about it now, but my shop is in an area that almost had a riot a month or so back when a drug dealer got shot.

cozmo on August 29, 2012 at 2:54 PM

were it not for the canard of racism, these folks would have nothing. There is no argument, no persuasiveness, no respect, nor any shame. Aside from that, they’re a helluva a political party, I can tell you that right now…./

ted c on August 29, 2012 at 2:54 PM

These people are shameless and will smear and attack with no remorse.

After Ann Romney spoke last night, I just happened to look at my Facebook feed on my phone. The comments made about her were ugly – looks too good, must be plastic surgery – at least she didn’t talk about her 100k horse, she’s fat, etc.

I’d had several cold ones while watching the speeches and spent the next hour or so seeking the smears out and challenging them on their home pages.

I’ve been unfriended by at least a dozen folks today. Too bad. I was starting to enjoy talking trash right back to them.

But, I’ve got their emails. Im gonna enjoy Election night with a bottle of scotch.

BacaDog on August 29, 2012 at 2:55 PM

newest MSNBC employee: David Chalian

burserker on August 29, 2012 at 2:55 PM

No. No. Didn’t you see? Mediate completely justified their non-coverage because FoxNews was not covering some of those speakers. With the exception of Artur Davis, Mediate says, Fox didn’t cover any of the other minority speakers. Therefore, the charge of racism is just laughable.

Mediaite got it wrong. I watched Fox News last night, and saw and heard Mia Love’s speech in its entirety. They also broadcast Gov. Nikki Haley’s speech, who might be considered “minority” by being a daughter of Indian immigrants.

Steve Z on August 29, 2012 at 2:56 PM

ToddPA on August 29, 2012 at 2:53 PM

They have found their answer and will build the questions accordingly.

Cindy Munford on August 29, 2012 at 2:56 PM

I have a really bad feeling about all of this.

At this rate – when Romney/Ryan win – what then?

tru2tx on August 29, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I’ve had that same feeling for months…

PatriotRider on August 29, 2012 at 2:23 PM

A lot of us have had the same “gut intuition” for a while now.

: (

listens2glenn on August 29, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Maybe a bit of insurance is in order. Yard signs – bumper stickers – all for Obama/Biden. They may give the losers second thoughts about destruction activities.

News2Use on August 29, 2012 at 2:56 PM

ted c on August 29, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Have you given us your review of 2016? We are suppose to go see it tonight.

Cindy Munford on August 29, 2012 at 2:57 PM

News2Use on August 29, 2012 at 2:56 PM

How about a sign that says “Armed and we practice often”.

Cindy Munford on August 29, 2012 at 2:58 PM

No word from him on why The Left rallies around Tawana Brawley, OJ Simpson, and Crystal Gail Mangum (Duke Lacrosse)?

SouthernGent on August 29, 2012 at 2:58 PM

What is he saying exactly, that black people are to stupid to heed the evacuation warnings? talk about insulting the black people and all the people in the path of this storm, they are all in my prayers.
I have lived a long time and I have never seen a party so destructive to racial issues as this administration.

MAYBE they should get some old news reels of the 1928 democratic convention it was the LARGEST GATHERING OF THE KKK in US history.

Maybe if these leftards could resd they might check the real history books.

concernedsenior on August 29, 2012 at 2:58 PM

News2Use on August 29, 2012 at 2:56 PM

I actually thought about that. It probably wouldn’t work in my case.
They didn’t ask Reginald Denny what he thought about the verdict before dragging him out of his truck.

cozmo on August 29, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Welcome to the unemployment rolls Mr. Chalian. Good luck finding a job in your hero’s utopian dreamworld. Oh and good luck finding a job in the ever-shrinking journalist profession. My advice would be to learn this phrase “so you want fries with that?”

Stupid tool!

neyney on August 29, 2012 at 3:02 PM

ABC threw this guy under the bus quickly, so we wouldn’t discover that the other joker “John” works for ABC.

faraway on August 29, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I have a really bad feeling about all of this.
At this rate – when Romney/Ryan win – what then?
tru2tx on August 29, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I used to worry, but now I think all they will do is burn down their liberal enclaves. Let ‘em. Flyover country will look on in disgust at their temper tantrum.

txhsmom on August 29, 2012 at 3:06 PM

We definitely need to raise the bar on our expectations of leaders.

weaselyone on August 29, 2012 at 2:52 PM

We have a President who, everywhere he goes, has to have the media tighten his training wheels, fetch his booster seat, adjust his bib and explain his words for him. Anything, is an improvement in comparison.

98ZJUSMC on August 29, 2012 at 3:07 PM

It’s sad to see people unhinged by their own hate.

AZCoyote on August 29, 2012 at 3:08 PM

It must just be me, but I have a hard time feeling sorry for people that choose to live 8 feet below sea level and then wonder why their feet are wet the second time, whether they are white, black, brown or whatever.

Wallythedog on August 29, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Cindy Munford on August 29, 2012 at 2:49 PM

They need to be careful, and display the appropriate tone and empathy tonight at the convention tonight.

bayview on August 29, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Should he be charged with a hate crime?

faraway on August 29, 2012 at 3:10 PM

“They aren’t concerned at all,” Chalian can be heard on the live broadcast. “They are happy to have a party with black people drowning.”

Enough with the liberal media’s racist stereotyping: “Black people can’t swim.” I can’t hear the dog whistles for the dog whistles.

de rigueur on August 29, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Good on Yahoo for smacking this guy down quickly. That was a really horrible thing to say and reflected so poorly on their company that to do less would have been unacceptable.

Murf76 on August 29, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Gwen Awful tweets support for fired lefty…

d1carter on August 29, 2012 at 3:15 PM

BREAKING: Isaac has been downgraded back to a tropical storm. Cue deflated media: awwww…

de rigueur on August 29, 2012 at 3:16 PM

How sad. Really. What once was a two-party system has come to this……..Democrats relying only on lies to rebut what Republicans are doing/saying. Sad for our nation.

I actually cried last night while listening to these inspiring people talk. Everyone of them. I’d forgotten during the past 4 years of how it was to feel proud to be an American.

THAT, that is Obama’s heritage.

avagreen on August 29, 2012 at 3:16 PM

And lo, the Bringer of light, the Lowerer of the Seas, the Healer of the Earth has decreed that it shall be a Post-Racial America henceforth. And we looked, and beheld that it was so. And there was peace and prosperity upon the land. Blessed be the name of Teh Won, from whom all blessings flow.

/sarc/

Solaratov on August 29, 2012 at 3:20 PM

It is their esteemed “view” that one not get caught making the remarks and thus that was “inappropriate”.

tims472 on August 29, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Gwen Awful tweets support for fired lefty…

d1carter on August 29, 2012 at 3:15 PM

wow.

Maybe she will be fired.

faraway on August 29, 2012 at 3:21 PM

de rigueur on August 29, 2012 at 3:16 PM

The MSM will be disappointed, but still hopeful that the heavy rains will harm plenty of poor people. Back in Thatcher’s day the progressives just wanted the poor to be poorer, not they want them dead.

forest on August 29, 2012 at 3:21 PM

txhsmom on August 29, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Every time I hear threats of a return to the riotous summers of the 60s I reflect on the fact that downtown Detroit is mostly farmland and South-Central L.A. mostly Latino… with a Latino mayor. “Burn, baby, burn” might get you a marshmallow roast these days.

de rigueur on August 29, 2012 at 3:22 PM

And yet, I’ll bet you won’t hear a word out of the liberal media about this:

Disgrace: Gov. Jindal: ‘Still pushing the federal government to declare a full declaration’

Flora Duh on August 29, 2012 at 3:22 PM

de rigueur on August 29, 2012 at 3:16 PM

But will it still create enough flooding for the GOP to drown black people? /

tims472 on August 29, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Personally, I’m more offended by David Chalian’s comment than the Jack Hitt-”piece” on the U-S-A chant.

They are both unprofessional and loathesome remarks by unprofessional loathesome people. But at least the Hitt-piece was the result of a mistaken impression of what was happening.

Both are examples of bigoted prejudice, but David Chalain’s also tastes of personal hatred for Romney. That’s evil.

I’m glad that Yahoo fired him. I may go back to using Yahoo after I calm down and get back to hating Google. But for now, I’m on the wagon, and off Yahoo.

connertown on August 29, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Apologist Fluffer. Nothing new.

Bmore on August 29, 2012 at 3:25 PM

#IStandwithDavid

Hi Gwen

faraway on August 29, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Was Chalian joking, or was he really just repeating the media’s anti-Republican meme of the day?

Isn’t it obvious that “JournOlist” still thrives in a different form (private twitter perhaps), since there is obvious coordination between every news outlet to push the exact same anti-Republican meme day after day.

OxyCon on August 29, 2012 at 3:27 PM

bayview on August 29, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Mrs. Romney encouraged prayers and support for anyone effected last night before Issac made land. As far as I am concerned, if Obama can fundraise, I don’t think stones should be thrown.

Cindy Munford on August 29, 2012 at 3:27 PM

And the Left continues to unravel before our eyes.

Good.

Pass the popcorn.

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on August 29, 2012 at 3:27 PM

weaselyone on August 29, 2012 at 2:52 PM

I don’t see it as a big deal. I believe he was a scheduled speaker so there’s nothing wrong with mentionung his absence and saying something about support for those who might be affected.
And why shouldn’t a governor be praised for doing his job as well as being criticized? Works for most people.

Deanna on August 29, 2012 at 3:28 PM

I actually thought about that. It probably wouldn’t work in my case.

cozmo on August 29, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Bottom line here is you don’t let them get to the point of being able to drag you out of the truck. A few rounds through the window or door into the thugs trying to get in should discourage them long enough to start the vehicle moving, even if the sidewalk is your only path. Do not be deterred by people placing themselves in your path, that is only going to get you hurt or killed.

OK, it was in the Peoples’ Republic of Kalifornia so Mr. Denny didn’t have this option since he would have been prosecuted for illegal weapon possession. Good reason not to be in the PRK or any other liberal unarmed victims’ zone on election night.

AZfederalist on August 29, 2012 at 3:29 PM

forest on August 29, 2012 at 3:21 PM

MSM does seem to operate under the assumption that poor people can’t do anything for themselves but drown. You can get a Master Degree in Journalism at Georgetown if you learn that.

de rigueur on August 29, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Steve Z on August 29, 2012 at 2:48 PM

weaselyone on August 29, 2012 at 2:52 PM

True, omly it’s hard, to faise the bar with the current leader in the WH fundraising imperturbably througout isaac’s rage…imagined if bush did that, or if condi went shoe shopping during katrina, the media would be jumping crazy…..wait….

jimver on August 29, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Heh, AMF pendejo. A is for adios, MF does not mean my friend!

tbarleycorn on August 29, 2012 at 3:44 PM

I have always been flabbergasted at how biased Yahoo News is.

I mean, it truly is like the DNC just runs it and puts up talking points, it’s so over the top, it’s almost comical.

Conservatives should pressure the organization to be more even handed, a large amount of Americans (unfortunately) get their news from Yahoo.

I’m not asking for Yahoo to be Fox News, but if you could just get it to say ABC or CNN, I’d be happy.

BradTank on August 29, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Should he be charged with a hate crime?

faraway on August 29, 2012 at 3:10 PM

As soon as you strike Yahoo News and insert Fox News.

98ZJUSMC on August 29, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Have you ever noticed:
When Obama goes out to Los Angeles to campaign, he always heads straight to Hollywood. He never goes to Watts or Compton to chat with the people.

MichaelGabriel on August 29, 2012 at 3:54 PM

is this guy implying that a black person cannot swim? that’s pretty racist, y’know and a stereotype…….

ted c on August 29, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Wait…the voice on that recording is a DUDE?

Kenz on August 29, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Just saw Gwen Ifils tweet regarding David Chalian.

“God’s gift to journalism”.

Beyond Parody.

WisRich on August 29, 2012 at 3:57 PM

I have always been flabbergasted at how biased Yahoo News is.

I’m not trying to be clever here – but what is “Yahoo news”?

I have a yahoo email account that I check about once a day. Is it the various stuff that is on the page “Yahoo.com”? If so, the headlines I see on that page are always about celebrities.

I did not really even know that Yahoo had a news department that employed people. I figured they just aggregated and maybe did some snarky comments.

Monkeytoe on August 29, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Wait…the voice on that recording is a DUDE?

Kenz on August 29, 2012 at 3:55 PM

It’s not really a ‘voice’, it’s a lamentation. It’s the same lamentation sound of MSNBC/CNN pundits over the past few weeks.

faraway on August 29, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Have you ever noticed:

MichaelGabriel on August 29, 2012 at 3:54 PM

It is odd, actually, that he’s never shown up in Baldwin Hills or View Park-Windsor Hills, 86% black, $81,214 median household income, 50% of households earning $60,000 to over $125,000 a year. And a whole lot closer to LAX.

But Clooney doesn’t live there.

de rigueur on August 29, 2012 at 4:07 PM

I have a really bad feeling about all of this.

At this rate – when Romney/Ryan win – what then?

tru2tx on August 29, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I’ve had that same feeling for months…

PatriotRider on August 29, 2012 at 2:23 PM

A lot of us have had the same “gut intuition” for a while now.

: (

listens2glenn on August 29, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Listen, I live in Wisconsin where a massive temper tantrum was thrown by the activist left. I was worried there would be riots when Scott Walker won, but thankfully, there weren’t any. That being said, the media is playing a dangerous game stirring up all these charges of racism and class envy. It’s absolutely irresponsible and WHEN President Obama loses, I really feel some places may riot if the media and the DNC stir up all these bad feelings and create divisions. It could be ugly in places.

ineedahobby on August 29, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Laugh and giggle all you want. The thing is I live in a very melting pot neighborhood. You and I know it is balderdash. The neighborhood sees 666 all over Tampa. Anecdote? Maybe. I just don’t, or won’t, put a lot of faith in the peeps having a collective clue.

Limerick on August 29, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Just saw Gwen Ifils tweet regarding David Chalian.

“God’s gift to journalism”.

Beyond Parody.

WisRich on August 29, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Although, she could be right without realizing it. God is reputed to have a wicked sense of humor. Well, not “wicked” wicked, but, you know…

de rigueur on August 29, 2012 at 4:11 PM

BTW…the name in the neighborhood is ‘Rummy’. Go figure the learning curve on that one.

Limerick on August 29, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Principles first, no support for the moron after he gave the middle finger to the party so publicly. To turn and support him after all will nationalize the Akin effect .

Maybe GOP does not need MO ( while it would be nice) after all for senate control. Q poll and Rasmussen had McMahon up 3.

Today, PPP comes up with a poll that shows Murphy up 4 (48 vs 44, 8% undecided)

But look at the Party breakdown in PPP poll

Democrat 46%
Republican 25%
Independent/Other 29%

+21 D is rich even for CT. (state’s registered voter statistics 37 vs 20)
And look at favorability of Murphy.

Do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion
of Linda McMahon?
Favorable 45%
Unfavorable 47%

Do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion
of Chris Murphy?
Favorable 39%
Unfavorable 41%

bayview on August 29, 2012 at 4:17 PM

I just looked at this dumba$$’s facebook page and he’s a fan of The Newsroom on HBO so there’s exhibit A that how f-ing stupid he is.

gsherin on August 29, 2012 at 4:18 PM

They’re off and running, smears and mud slinging everywhere you look. You know what that tells me? They’re losing. And they know it. They don’t have anything positive to run on so let the mud fly. Who cares, consider the source(s). Losers all.

scalleywag on August 29, 2012 at 4:19 PM

ineedahobby on August 29, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Count on it. The loss narrative is gestating at this moment. The “racist” talk we’re hearing now is just pre-natal care. It will begin in full the night of the election with Romney’s victory: “the country is irredeemably racially divided.” “Romney and Republicans need to bear the cross for this and reach out to democrats immediately.” “Obama’s loss was the victory of a racist undercurrent finding its voice.” “Only a democrat minority candidate in 2016 can save America.”

rrpjr on August 29, 2012 at 4:21 PM

exhibit A that how f-ing stupid he is.

gsherin on August 29, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Who cares, consider the source(s). Losers all.

scalleywag on August 29, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Which kept him out of how many millions of living rooms?
There is way too much faith in the cause and way too little
consideration of the numbers.

Limerick on August 29, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Terminated 8/29/2012. Rehired 9/4/2012. Don’t be deceived.

olddog58 on August 29, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Buh-bye D-bag.

Cya next week when your sleezy ass pops up at HuffPo.

Tim_CA on August 29, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Before Ryan I put it at 51-44 to O, and after I’m sticking with 51-47 O. We have cigar smoke and bullpie to throw at cigar smoke and bullpie. Thanks, RNC. You have made a wonderful effort to get the election annotated with the WTF footnote.

Limerick on August 29, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Terminated 8/29/2012. Rehired 9/4/2012. Don’t be deceived.

olddog58 on August 29, 2012 at 4:22 PM

By BSNBC…

jimver on August 29, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Limerick on August 29, 2012 at 4:26 PM

you smoke something there all right, but it ain’t cigar for sure…

jimver on August 29, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Hilarious.

Tim_CA on August 29, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Cindy Munford on August 29, 2012 at 2:49 PM

bayview on August 29, 2012 at 3:10 PM

I agree. What would/should a leader say in this circumstance? This whole country is going underwater morally, financially. It would be appropriate to exhibit empathy especially to LA, and to the whole country. A somber tone, while expressing a clear direction seems appropriate. I’ve been voting since 1972 and the crazy, emotional fanfare at conventions have always seemed over the top to me. There’s too much at stake.

Pazman on August 29, 2012 at 4:31 PM

If a “journalist” can be fired for such inflammatory language, can they be charged for inciting a riot if violence breaks out?

I’d love to some of these hacks face consequences for their BS

weew on August 29, 2012 at 4:32 PM

you smoke something there all right, but it ain’t cigar for sure…

jimver on August 29, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Hell, ain’t done that since 74. I’m not new to this.
The bombast on right puts out that the MSM doesn’t matter. Send me a damn-your-soul card in January.

Limerick on August 29, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Well his lib cohorts are all rushing to his aid including our favorite Gwen Ifil. Yeah she should really be hosting a debate… No prejudice there….

sandee on August 29, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Yesterday they’re laughing their azzzes off as Isaac (racist name no?) heads for Tampa and they’re online praying ‘for the GOP to be pushed into the sea” from Ellin Barkin Like a Doggg…. and then this gem from whitey hater Samuel Jackson “It aint fair whitey didn’t get hit”… from laughing and joking about GOP hoped for death and destruction to puzzzified victim at the drop of a hat… what utter unadulterated scum.

And not only THAT, MSNBC blocks out all black conservative people at the convention who gave as former plantation Dems turned conservative speeches begging theirs to do the same and the Media blacks it out literally and they still don’t know in Harlem they were played last night.

They probably even put blackface on Ann Romney with CGI on CNN even for all anyone knows, probably no stir because no one saw it…. : ( These people are unlike anything we’ve seen in our lives and likely ever in America, they’re the real enemy within.

chicagoray on August 29, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Yahoo bureau chief: The GOP is happy to have a party while black people drown

That’s pretty much what Juan Williams meant when he sneeringly called Ann Romney a “corporation wife”.

Also-Last time I checked-the target area of the storm contains more whites than blacks. The GOP are equal-opportunity racists!

MaiDee on August 29, 2012 at 4:36 PM

ineedahobby on August 29, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Where, exactly, might this happen? All I can come up with– seriously– is DC and maybe Chicago. The Latinos aren’t going to burn down L.A. for this guy, nor, for that matter, are the black residents of Baldwin Hills-View Park/Windsor Hills.

Anyone want to venture that the mayors of Atlanta or New Orleans going to let them burn down very much of those towns?

As you note, they did their worst in Madison, WI, and the result was millions of dollars in government property damage but mostly… “meh.”

We need to confront this racist blackmail like we do every other leftist meme… challenge it with facts. What you gonna burn, baby?

de rigueur on August 29, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Rotate loaded mags. Springs need relief too.

a capella on August 29, 2012 at 2:51 PM

I do this weekly; part of my Sunday night routine.

Midas on August 29, 2012 at 4:41 PM