Open thread: Hey America, it’s Paul Ryan Update: Video added

posted at 9:51 pm on August 29, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

The most anticipated speaker on deck at the GOP convention tonight is almost certainly Paul Ryan, as his speech will mark his official acceptance of the nomination for Mitt Romney’s running mate and afford him the opportunity to America that he can be a more competent vice president than President Obama’s current counterpart. Lookin’ pretty good so far, according to the released excerpts:

“I accept the calling of my generation to give our children the America that was given to us, with opportunity for the young and security for the old – and I know that we are ready. Our nominee is sure ready. His whole life has prepared him for this moment – to meet serious challenges in a serious way, without excuses and idle words.  After four years of getting the run-around, America needs a turnaround, and the man for the job is Governor Mitt Romney. …

“Obamacare comes to more than two thousand pages of rules, mandates, taxes, fees, and fines that have no place in a free country. The president has declared that the debate over government-controlled health care is over.  That will come as news to the millions of Americans who will elect Mitt Romney so we can repeal Obamacare. …

“We have a plan for a stronger middle class, with the goal of generating 12 million new jobs over the next four years. …

“My Dad used to say to me: ‘Son.  You have a choice: You can be part of the problem, or you can be part of the solution.’  The present administration has made its choices.  And Mitt Romney and I have made ours: Before the math and the momentum overwhelm us all, we are going to solve this nation’s economic problems. And I’m going to level with you: We don’t have that much time.  But if we are serious, and smart, and we lead, we can do this. …

“The right that makes all the difference now is the right to choose our own leaders.  You are entitled to the clearest possible choice because the time for choosing is drawing near.  So here is our pledge. We will not duck the tough issues – we will lead.  We will not spend four years blaming others – we will take responsibility. We will not try to replace our founding principles, we will reapply our founding principles. The work ahead will be hard.  These times demand the best of us – all of us, but we can do this.  Together, we can do this.”

Nice. I’ll update with a reaction and video ASAP!

Update: Paul Ryan’s speech, in two words? Nailed it. Everything that I like (and surmise that others will like as he becomes more and more familiar to them) about Paul Ryan was on perfect display during his half hour-ish on stage. He was intelligent without being intimidating; he was stern and serious but still optimistic and even funny; and he hinted at his wonkiness without getting into jargon and maintained his approachability. But the most beautiful thing about Paul Ryan as the potential vice president of the United States is his uncanny knack for breaking through populist myths and shrill leftist attacks and instead communicating the merits of free-market economics and small government, all without being shrill or polarizing. Contrary to liberal messaging, wealth creation isn’t about people being people being helpless cogs in the wheel of corporate usury and cruel fate — it’s about people being empowered and free to take up the mantle of personal responsibility and ingenuity, and Paul Ryan can relate that truth highly effectively.

He simply and effortlessly walked us through President Obama’s long list of failures and history of blaming everyone but himself, and illustrated why a Mitt Romney presidency isn’t just an preferable but rather a desirable alternative — while scattering a few fun personal tidbits into the mix, as well as addressing their religious and generation differences with a message of unity. I thought that talking about his mother’s struggles, coupled with the simple declaration that a Romney/Ryan administration would not eliminate but strengthen Medicare, was the perfect death blow to Democrats’ recent attacks on that score: “We had help from Medicare, and it was there, just like it’s there for my Mom today.  Medicare is a promise, and we will honor it.  A Romney-Ryan administration will protect and strengthen Medicare, for my Mom’s generation, for my generation, and for my kids and yours.” Bam. Doesn’t get much more straightforward than that.

I’m struggling to find something to criticize about the whole thing, but then again, I am not a progressive. I’m sure their unfailing creativity won’t disappoint us in finding reasons that the whole monologue was just an elitist pack of lies, eh?

Update: I updated the front-page picture with one or our own, direct from the occasion!

Update:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 15 16 17 18

All right all, I’m off to bed.

uncommon sense on August 30, 2012 at 2:38 AM

John the Libertarian on August 30, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Got it in my collection. Good stuff.

RedCrow on August 30, 2012 at 2:38 AM

You didn’t? Hey…is this about that missing t-shirt?

RedCrow on August 30, 2012 at 2:29 AM

No I thought Ryan did a nice job. I would have probably thought he did a fantastic job had I been wearing my T-shirt that this fine establishment owes me. He did seem younger to me, more than usual, probably nothing. Just seemed a bit young. Silly I know. ; )

Bmore on August 30, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Merry Go Round

thatsafactjack on August 30, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Really like that.

Okay, I’m done, too.
Night folks!!
GO R&R!!

RedCrow on August 30, 2012 at 2:40 AM

How about you?

thatsafactjack on August 30, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Congratulations on the sale! Huge news! I’m doing great, hooked up with a director very excited about a project I’d mentioned to you. But it looks as though we should pow-wow through email in the next few days…

John the Libertarian on August 30, 2012 at 2:40 AM

John the Libertarian on August 30, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Thanks, John. Excellent tune. He was very good during that era.

I’ll skip that disco phase Clapton went through though. “I Shot The Sheriff” left me cold. :)

thatsafactjack on August 30, 2012 at 2:41 AM

John the Libertarian on August 30, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Very good news, indeed, John. I look forward to discussing it with you.

thatsafactjack on August 30, 2012 at 2:43 AM

I have heard that from several folks. I know they also made trucks, pickups, I believe. Apparently those are very sought after as well. I see them occasionally on a site I follow that has old farm trucks for sale. Interesting place in Minot ND. Do you or did you have a Studebaker kenny?

Bmore on August 30, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Learned to drive in a ’52 Studebaker pickup. The thing had 250,000 on it kept coughing up oil through the breather. You would pore some oil down it and keep on moving. That was how one got the girl friends don’t you know.

kenny on August 30, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Bottom line on the Repubs this year. They are set for a blowout. Even the young. This one is a wrap.

kenny on August 30, 2012 at 2:33 AM

That should definitely be the case in a sane world. Right now I’d settle for a sane country. Fingers crossed. ; )

Bmore on August 30, 2012 at 2:43 AM

RedCrow on August 30, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Goodnight, RedCrow. Sleep well.

thatsafactjack on August 30, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Bmore on August 30, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Like the ace debator in high school? Lol.
I don’t think that’s silly–I noticed that, too.
Still, I loved how he brought it, up and up, to the crescendo at the end. Them’s fightin’ words.

Night.

RedCrow on August 30, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Bmore on August 30, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Get a three wolf moon t shirt. Then listen to the Ryan speech. Sound travels faster when you have a three wolf moon t shirt.

SparkPlug on August 30, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Good stuff.

RedCrow on August 30, 2012 at 2:38 AM

En fuego. But I loved the early Cream stuff.

John the Libertarian on August 30, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Evenin’

thatsafactjack on August 30, 2012 at 2:47 AM

I bid you all a fond goodnight. Its been a pleasure, as always. See you soon.

thatsafactjack on August 30, 2012 at 2:48 AM

It was a pretty car, so was the Saturn Sky… but since Saturn was non-union, well just sayin :)

uncommon sense on August 30, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Good point!

thought it was excellent!..Anytime AC/DC nd Zeppelin are in a speech it is all good!..:)

Dire Straits on August 30, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Excellent point! Very good bands both!

Bmore on August 30, 2012 at 2:49 AM

I’ll skip that disco phase Clapton went through though.

thatsafactjack on August 30, 2012 at 2:41 AM

He made some pretty crappy albums when he first went off the junk. But then re-found his soul. Heroin is a borrowed-time substance. It can make some musicians really shine but at a horrific cost. Jerry Garcia comes to mind.

John the Libertarian on August 30, 2012 at 2:50 AM

kenny on August 30, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Lol! Good times, good times! ; )

Bmore on August 30, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Book release being moved up to Tuesday next week, one week earlier than planned. Sony has set December the release date for the Bigelow movie, Zero Dark Thirty. Trailer here. Doesn’t show much. And no mention of Obama.

de rigueur on August 30, 2012 at 2:26 AM

I pre-ordered it on kindle the other day and I just checked my order after I read your post and it still says that it would be auto-delivered to my kindle on 11 Sep…will see…probably Bigelow & partner didn’t include anything about obama in the trailer because of the criticism mounted at them after the NYT article blew in their face…it amused me to read a press release that they put out there a little while ago:

“Our upcoming film project… integrates the collective efforts of three administrations, including those of Presidents Clinton, Bush, and Obama,” they wrote. “This was an American triumph, both heroic and non-partisan, and there is no basis to suggest that our film will represent this enormous victory otherwise.”

yeah, RIGHT….

jimver on August 30, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Good Night uncommon sense, Sleep Well.

Good Night RC, Sleep Well.

Bmore on August 30, 2012 at 2:56 AM

.Anytime AC/DC nd Zeppelin are in a speech it is all good!..:)

Dire Straits on August 30, 2012 at 2:35 AM

I thought he said Ace of Base to Zappa.

John the Libertarian on August 30, 2012 at 2:57 AM

kenny, I just did an image search on Studebaker pick ups. Man o man the 40′s models are just gorgeous! Great lines!

Bmore on August 30, 2012 at 2:58 AM

I thought he said Ace of Base to Zappa.

John the Libertarian on August 30, 2012 at 2:57 AM

:-)

jimver on August 30, 2012 at 2:58 AM

50′s models were cool too!

Bmore on August 30, 2012 at 3:00 AM

thatsafactjack on August 30, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Nice.

Here’s some Robbie.

John the Libertarian on August 30, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Good Night Jackie, Pleasant Dreams.

Bmore on August 30, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Bmore on August 30, 2012 at 2:58 AM

I’m saying those things were Boss machines. The only thing better was the one my dad wooed mom with. It was a Stutz Bearcat.

kenny on August 30, 2012 at 3:01 AM

RedCrow on August 30, 2012 at 2:40 AM

…night bud!

KOOLAID2 on August 30, 2012 at 3:03 AM

SparkPlug on August 30, 2012 at 2:47 AM

I’m digging the sound of those B9 T’s!

Bmore on August 30, 2012 at 3:03 AM

kenny on August 30, 2012 at 3:01 AM

No doubt they were sweet! Classy! I always liked Cords also.

Bmore on August 30, 2012 at 3:07 AM

Look at the time. Guess I’d better crash. Someone mentioned smack up thread. Never a good idea if you can avoid it.

Good Night All.

Bmore on August 30, 2012 at 3:11 AM

No doubt they were sweet! Classy! I always liked Cords also.

Bmore on August 30, 2012 at 3:07 AM

Dad told the tale of when he and his brother were going across the Mohave in a Cord and a bushing, or something went out and they used one of their leather belts to make a bushing and get the thing rolling again.

kenny on August 30, 2012 at 3:13 AM

He nailed Medicare to the wall which was critical. So, Ryan gets it. He reframed the message that had been running away from the GOP ever since the RINOs and NEOs left the gate open by calling Medicare the problem

Medicare, and not union pensions, is the last defense against the poor house. This is why Wisconsin sided against the union postion

This position has to be nailed because to save entities, extraneous benefits packages have to be clipped, and Medicare will be the safety net

Then, to save the safety net, add new alternatives. This opens a path to resolution.

Obama opened a path to no alternatives and he paid for it with the bones of Medicare

entagor on August 30, 2012 at 3:16 AM

iF by “Nailing It”, you mean that Ryan turned a total 180 from his original budget position related to healthcare … then you are correct.

To many indies who hate liars and flip-floppers, Ryan becomes an epitome of a politician that they should get rid of.

Election always turns a good statesman to a flip-flopping, appeasing politician.

But that’s the state of dirty politics in America.

Sad.

TheAlamos on August 30, 2012 at 3:39 AM

But that’s the state of dirty politics in America.

Sad.

TheAlamos on August 30, 2012 at 3:39 AM

kenny on August 30, 2012 at 3:42 AM

By the way, the ratings in the last 2 days is much lower than expected.

Postponing, the ruckus on the platform change by the Paul supporters (due to greediness of the Mittbots at the RNC), and the shortening of the activity from 3 to 2 days make the entire convention “not too successful” to ordinary Americans.

Too bad for MittsFox.

Too bad for GOP-E.

Another wasted opportunity.

TheAlamos on August 30, 2012 at 3:45 AM

A vote for Johnson is a vote for Johnson. A vote for Obama (R) is a vote for Romeny (D). Your choice is statist A, statist B, or a non-statist.

Dante on August 29, 2012 at 10:53 PM

If you are saying that then you have no understanding of the issues at hand and are just infatuated with “your guy” not getting the nomination. In other words, you are no better than an Obama supporter. You don’t care about the issues or the fate of the Republic in the next 4 years. You just vote for the “celebrity” candidate you like and the world be dammed.

If you believe that an energy plan under Romney will be the same than an energy plan under Obama, if you believe that a serious shot at reforming entitlements under Romney is the same as “business as usual” under Obama, if you believe that lowering taxes and reducing regulations under Romney is the same as tax hikes left and right and extensive regulations of all aspects of life under Obama are the same, then you sir have no grasp of reality. BTW- what was “your candidate’s” position on entitlement reforms? Because he tried to avoid that topic every time he could, picking instead easy cuts such as defense.

Stop trolling, keep living in your fantasy world, but when reality hits you hard in the face don’t come back crying.

ptcamn on August 30, 2012 at 4:03 AM

Another wasted opportunity.

TheAlamos on August 30, 2012 at 3:45 AM

…you shouldn’t analyze yourself…seek professional help!

KOOLAID2 on August 30, 2012 at 4:33 AM

…you shouldn’t analyze yourself…seek professional help!

KOOLAID2 on August 30, 2012 at 4:33 AM

I know it’s hard, friend, but ignoring these idiots means they clutter this site less. By far, you’re not the only one. But, ignoring these fools clears them out so that we can have a meaningful discussion.

It’s hard, but don’t give the morons the attention they so crave.

RedCrow on August 30, 2012 at 5:55 AM

I hope this is available online somewhere for when I get home.. I’m currently at work in Sydney Aus & after reading the first 3 pages of comments,well, I’m looking forward to seeing it like this weekends F1 race…

DJcool on August 30, 2012 at 5:56 AM

DJcool on August 30, 2012 at 5:56 AM

Reading you loud and clear, 5 by 5, DJ. Over.
(Lol.) (The interwebs is everywhere, baaaaby!)

RedCrow on August 30, 2012 at 6:04 AM

Dante on August 29, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Some Ron Paul supporters, like this one, are total creepers. They’re Marxists by heart. They just don’t know it. At least yet.

Their inability to understand that there are no perfect political arrangements or solutions, that there is no heaven on earth, that the idolatry for providential men often ended in bloodbaths.

Can’t you realize how your fervor and zealotry for something political is anathema to anyone with a sane conservative mind? Politics is a necessary evil in this world; a perennial struggle to pick the less catastrophic path.

If you can’t understand the concept of gradualism, if you can’t settle for politics as the art of possible, if you can’t come to terms with the fact all humans are flawed so no political perfection will ever be achieved, you should really read some Marx. I believe you’d easily become a convert to Marxism – which is much more intellectually satisfying than “Rothbardian libertarianism” while no more metaphysically mad, morally repugnant or politically crazy.

joana on August 30, 2012 at 6:14 AM

joana on August 30, 2012 at 6:14 AM

Dang! You go, girl :-)

MJBrutus on August 30, 2012 at 6:18 AM

The El Code Pinko TakeDown!!

Raw Video: Protestor During Ryan’s Speech
Aug 29, 2012
**************

Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan was interrupted by at least one protestor Wednesday night at the Republican National Convention in Tampa. (Aug. 29)

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 6:29 AM

kenny on August 30, 2012 at 3:13 AM

There was a time when people knew how to make it, make do or do without. There are still a few like that, but they are harder to find with today’s throwaway mentality and manufacturing to bare-minimum quality standards.

swinia sutki on August 30, 2012 at 6:37 AM

Images of Pinko GoonEtte and her Giant…….(sarc).

Apparent Code Pink protesters interrupt Ryan speech at RNC – one aisle away from, gulp, me
Posted by Greg Johnson on August 30, 2012 at 2:26 AM
****************************************************

TAMPA, Fla. – Minutes into the most important speech of his life, vice-presidential nominee Paul Ryan was just warming to the task of making a first impression to the entire nation at the Republican National Convention. Ryan had a tough act to follow: former Secretary of State Condolezza Rice had just wowed the crowd at Tampa Bay Times Forum with a speech both intellectual and inspirational.

Ryan began to find his rhythm as he moved into the policy portion of his talk. Then, when he started to criticize President Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act, two women in Section 128 on the third level of the Forum stood and unfurled a pink banner. Only an aisle separated me from the protesters.

It happened so quickly I could only get a glimpse of the banner, enough to make out the word “Vagina” in black letters on the pink background. One woman, middle-aged (or perhaps a bit past) with bobbed blond hair, started shouting, “Hands off my healthcare” The younger of the two, a brown-haired woman appearing to be in her 20s, waved the banner and chanted, “My body, my choice.”

Forum security quickly came and escorted the women out of the arena without incident. According to my wife, watching at home, CSPAN had time to turn its camera on the protesters. As the women were being removed, they continued to chant. Ryan stopped his speech and convention-goers responded with chants of “USA! USA!”

Another Image of Pinko GoonEtte

Ryan resumed his speech, seemingly stronger than before. Maybe he sensed the moment: the battle was joined and the delegates rallied to him when he was verbally attacked. Still, after the close encounter with Code Pink, I had to wonder how the heck they got in the convention in the first place.

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 6:38 AM

the word tea party was never mentioned last night. i thought that was a nice touch from mitt.

morning joe calling the speeches “performances”. next week they’ll all be from the heart, i’m sure.

renalin on August 30, 2012 at 6:38 AM

Good morning kids! This year, in home school, we are studying electoral politics. The smallest Scot LOVED the speech. She gets it. She is not old enough to vote. She is trying to figure out a way that Obama-lama-ding-dong can answer this speech.

She doesn’t think he can.

At least, not credibly.

ABO2012!!!!!!!

herm2416 on August 30, 2012 at 6:40 AM

so did msdnc dig the code pink idiot?

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 6:45 AM

renalin on August 30, 2012 at 6:38 AM

no doubt….it will be vomit inducing…

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 6:46 AM

The Walking Drum is a novel by Louis L’Amour.

A ship does not sail with yesterday’s wind.” -Red Mark

ted c on August 30, 2012 at 6:49 AM

renalin on August 30, 2012 at 6:38 AM

no doubt….it will be vomit inducing…

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 6:46 AM

Here’s my take of all of the above.

kingsjester on August 30, 2012 at 6:49 AM

yo herm, cmsinaz.
good morning to all, just getting my josefina rolling.

ted c on August 30, 2012 at 6:50 AM

so did msdnc dig the code pink idiot?

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 6:45 AM

cmsinaz:Could be,there were two:)
==================================

codepink .@CODEPINK’s @annwright46 & Laura Mills disrupt Ryan’s Speech: youtu.be/HIUb5XosfO0 “Vagina: can’t say it don’t legislate it!” @NationalNOW

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 6:52 AM

ted c on August 30, 2012 at 6:50 AM

mornin’

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 6:52 AM

KJ, i didn’t see where Kevin Jennings was giving the NAMBLA induction ceremony on your schedule. Is it at the after party?

ted c on August 30, 2012 at 6:52 AM

Morning Everyone,hmmmmmmmmmmmmm,tried to put Linkys up,
three times about the 2 Code Pinko GoonEttes!!!

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 6:53 AM

kingsjester on August 30, 2012 at 6:49 AM

great take….

despicable, form letter with auto-pen….

______________

i will be relying on my friends on HA to relay what occurs at the dnc convention, cannot watch, likewise wolfie and tingles will be just ridiculous

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 6:54 AM

ted c on August 30, 2012 at 6:52 AM

I heard that’s a private *ahem* session.

kingsjester on August 30, 2012 at 6:55 AM

on August 30, 2012 at 2:26 AM
******************************

(more….)

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 6:56 AM

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 6:54 AM

cmsinaz:Jon Voight agrees!:)
=============================

Jon Voight at GOP convention: ‘Media taken over by Democrats’
Aug 28, 2012
*************

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 7:02 AM

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 6:56 AM

thanks for that, I thought i caught that on the toob last night as they cut away to some ruckus for a moment during his speech.

ted c on August 30, 2012 at 7:05 AM

Oh Boy…………..

AccuWeather.com ‏@breakingweather

Slidell, LA under Flash Flood Emergency. Fire dept. reporting water pouring into the central and southern parts of the city from a breach.

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 7:07 AM

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 7:02 AM

good linky

thanks for the CP link too….

idiots i tell ya

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 7:08 AM

Hurricane Central ‏@twc_hurricane

Update on Slidell, La. Areas under 8 ft. may be inundated w/ 1-5 ft. of water. Old Town will have about 2-4 feet of flooding. #Isaac

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 7:10 AM

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 7:10 AM

dang it…prayers coming…used to live in slidell

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 7:12 AM

gallupnews ‏@gallupnews

Americans Split on Paul #Ryan; One in Four Have No Opinion … http://www.gallup.com/poll/156986/americans-split-paul-ryan-one-four-no-opinion.aspx?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=gallupnews&utm_campaign=syndication
=========================

August 29, 2012
Americans Split on Paul Ryan; One in Four Have No Opinion
Ryan’s image split like Mitt Romney’s
*************************************

PRINCETON, NJ — Americans have mixed views of Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan, who will be confirmed as the GOP’s vice presidential nominee on Wednesday night, with 38% saying their opinion is favorable, and 36% saying it is unfavorable. About a quarter of Americans say they have never heard of Ryan or don’t know enough about him to have an opinion.
(More…)
=========

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 7:13 AM

lol
the libs can’t compete when there are 2 conservatives making their case on morning joe together…

bam!

ted c:I missed it as well,caught it off the Associated Press Twitter
news site!:)

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 7:20 AM

lol

bam!

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 7:14 AM

I think Toomey is great; Thune, I can take or leave.

I think it’s interesting that Morning Joe welcomes Dan Senor with open arms, while the evening people at MSNBC disparage him to no end. Maddow seems to think he’s Dick Cheney Jr. She badmouthed Senor several times last night.

BTW: Gingrich alert.

BuckeyeSam on August 30, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Boy is this gonna be talked about!

David Axelrod ‏@davidaxelrod

Again, Ryan blames Obama for a GM plant that closed under Bush. But then, they did say they wouldn’t “let fact checkers get in the way.

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 7:21 AM

BuckeyeSam on August 30, 2012 at 7:20 AM

good point…mj has a little more sense than the pm folks

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 7:22 AM

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 7:21 AM

libs got their talking points…fact checkers unite!

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 7:25 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm……….and heres the Twitter Page
that I got these from…..accept Scott Rasmussen!

===================================================

Scott Rasmussen ‏@RasmussenPoll

28% Say U.S. Heading in Right Direction… http://tinyurl.com/m3g4l7

Right Direction or Wrong Track
28% Say U.S. Heading in Right Direction
in Politics
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
**************************

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 7:28 AM

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 7:21 AM

libs got their talking points…fact checkers unite!

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 7:25 AM

cmsinaz:Yup,I dug that up last night,and Baxter Greene
said it much better!

Heres the Transcript!

Obama’s Speech in Janesville, Wisconsin

Speaker: Barack Obama
Published February 13, 2008

=================

…the ‘fact checkers’ will argue back and forth over ‘closed production’ vs ‘idled’ during e next day, but they will still not be able to claim that that was a factoid in ryan’s speech, since the factory closed in 2009..

jimver on August 30, 2012 at 1:46 AM

I don’t see how semantics about “closed” or “idle” helps them with the quotes that Canopfor provided and in your 1:51 post.

jimver on August 30, 2012 at 1:51 AM

And I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need

to re-tool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another hundred years. The question is not whether a clean energy economy is in our future, it’s where it will thrive. I want it to thrive right here in the United States of America;

right here in Wisconsin; and that’s the future I’ll fight for as your President.

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 1:43 AM

…Obama is plainly stating that with Government support (like the bailout)…that the plant will be there for another hundred years.

…Obama states that he “wants it to thrive”……

Well…..”idle” or “closed” is not thriving. and they got plenty of “government help” with 90 billion dollars of “support” sunk into it.

This is going to play out just like the “you didn’t build it” line.
Obama and his allies in the press will bend themselves into a pretzel trying to make his words mean something else….but anybody with a least a double digit IQ will see that Obama promised success there ….and delivered failure instead.

Baxter Greene on August 30, 2012 at 2:17 AM

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 7:34 AM

cutter….blech

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 7:37 AM

tingles used the r word about ryan’s speech, natch

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 7:33 AM

cmsinaz:Wait a tic,R is for racist,and Ryan starts with R…O.M.G,

i`m searching for a word,for this..um…GobSmacked me thinks!:)

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 7:38 AM

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 7:34 AM

good one…

wolfie came right out of the gate last night bashing ryan about issues that will be disputed….he couldn’t just give him a good mark, just went for the jugular…

obama and the lsm have nothing else, so they will focus on this

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 7:39 AM

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 7:38 AM

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 7:40 AM

cutter….blech

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 7:37 AM

cmsinaz:

Too funny(kinda),I think the gloves should come off,
and just send the Libs straight into the Mental Institution!:)

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 7:42 AM

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 7:42 AM

2nd that

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 7:46 AM

It couldn’t have been a better speech…unless he came out with a Che style “T” shirt with Obama’s face on it, upside down.

Don L on August 30, 2012 at 7:49 AM

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 7:34 AM

obama and the lsm have nothing else, so they will focus on this

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 7:39 AM

cmsinaz:

Exactly,and this all started from the MSNBC/Scott Walker
Gang Up attempt!:)
==================

Scott Walker Battles Rachel Maddow And MSNBC Panel Over Obama’s Auto Bailout
video
11:48 pm, August 29th, 2012
****************************

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker took on MSNBC’s panel covering the night of the Republican National Convention. Walker defended his assertion that a private bankruptcy would have been better for the auto industry than a publicly funded bailout. He met resistance to this claim from panelists Al Sharpton, Rachel Maddow and Ed Schultz.
———

Scott Walker was asked by Maddow if Walker thought the auto bailout was not effective. “It wasn’t in Wisconsin,” said Walker. “What we need is true prosperity and that comes really more effectively trough the private sector.”

“You run down the American auto industry at a moment when it really has come back,” said Maddow. “To see such a bright spot in the economy being talked about as if things hadn’t worked out in the auto industry since the bailout is a surprise, Gov.”

“It could have come back more effectively and sooner had they taken the advice of Mitt Romney early on and done a managed bankruptcy instead of spending all those dollars of taxpayers’ money that otherwise could have been done more effectively in the private sector early on,” Walker replied.

“Was there private sector credit available to save the auto industry,” Maddow asked.

“A managed bankruptcy is something that could have been quite effective,” said Walker.

“It was not Barack Obama’s economic policies that closed that GM plant,” said Schultz. “It’s in the Washington Post right now, Gov. Walker.”

Walker said that the entire auto industry could have been more efficiently saved if they had gone through the private sector.

Schultz pressed to ask if Walker could guarantee that a GM plant in Janesville, Wisconsin – now closed – would still be employing people today if GM had gone through bankruptcy. “No,” said Walker. “No, I don’t think you can,” Schultz fired back.

“The only person who made that promise was Barack Obama,” said Walker. Crosstalk ensued as he battled with Al Sharpton to finish his sentence.

Sharpton pressed, saying that this plant in question closed in ’08, before Obama was president. Walker insisted that Obama had failed to keep his promise to keep that plant open by reinvigorating the auto industry.

Watch the segment below via MSNBC:
=================================

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 12:09 AM

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 7:50 AM

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 7:42 AM

2nd that

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 7:46 AM

cmsinaz:)

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Hey, this is Ryan’s Sarah Palin moment!

Don L on August 30, 2012 at 7:52 AM

President Obama and Vice President Biden have no public events scheduled.

someone with a little sense actually broke through…

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 7:53 AM

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 7:50 AM

go walker!! tell them all to pound sand

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 7:54 AM

I was forced to watch a short bit with the media hacks trying to set up “gotcha” to anyone and everyone by asking those “social” issues (war on women) while essentially covering up Obama’s total failure with the economy (Or success depending how much Marx you’ve assimilated.

Don L on August 30, 2012 at 7:57 AM

Don L on August 30, 2012 at 7:57 AM

just imagine all the fawning the lsm will display next week…

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 8:02 AM

todd indicates that the dems wishe they had the diversed speakers the gop had last night…

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 8:07 AM

tingles used the r word about ryan’s speech, natch

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 7:33 AM

When Chrissy takes his final breath he’ll be mumbling, “racists, they’re all racists.”

Flora Duh on August 30, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Flora Duh on August 30, 2012 at 8:08 AM

oh yeah

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 8:10 AM

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Me to chick a dee-

I cannot watch. Although..I am sure our buds here will give us plenty to laugh at.

bazil9 on August 30, 2012 at 8:11 AM

MontanaMmmmmm-I logged of before saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear lady.
Dont know if you will read this..but just in case. :)
Make it a fabulous day.

bazil9 on August 30, 2012 at 8:12 AM

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 7:50 AM

go walker!! tell them all to pound sand

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 7:54 AM

cmsinaz:Haha,or cheese!:)

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 8:14 AM

cmsinaz:Haha,or cheese!:)

canopfor on August 30, 2012 at 8:14 AM

I think their partial to swiss..all the holes-like in their head. :)

bazil9 on August 30, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Don L on August 30, 2012 at 7:57 AM

Yeah, and they all ignored they stupid gotcha game and questions and stayed on message..condi literally ignored tingle’s birtherism question whispered in andrea mitchells’ ear phones and she went on to talk about america’s foreign polivy vision and after that annoying hack repeated the question a few minutes late, condi glossed over it and said something like there’s extremism in both parties, period….

jimver on August 30, 2012 at 8:24 AM

tingles used the r word about ryan’s speech, natch

cmsinaz on August 30, 2012 at 7:33 AM

You’ve got to be kidding me..I heard him saying that it was nasty and not uniting or some crappola like that, but rrracist?…pls, tell me he didn’t go there..

jimver on August 30, 2012 at 8:28 AM