Obamateurism of the Day

posted at 8:01 am on August 28, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Some OOTDs are hilarious; some are annoying; some are outrageous.  Others fall into the You’ve Gotta Be Kidding Me category.  When American hero and global icon Neil Armstrong passed away, most people chose to highlight Armstrong’s accomplishments, his humility, and/or his legacy.  Even NBC managed to put Armstrong’s picture on a story that they accidentally headlined with Neil Young’s name.  What about the President of the United States?  He put the focus … pretty much where it always is for him.  Sooper Mexican caught this tribute from the official Obama 2012 campaign’s Tumblr website:

Who’s that in the picture, gazing into the night sky?  Neil Armstrong?  Not exactly:

I found the source of the picture, and just as I suspected, it was a stock photo taken of Obama from their Flickr account. …

Wow, president mompants couldn’t even be bothered to take a fresh picture.Classy! What a way for the worst president in recent memory to egotistically dishonor the death of an indisputable American hero[.]

It’s pretty easy to find pictures of Neil Armstrong for a tribute to, er, Neil Armstrong.  I’m pretty sure the government has a few leftovers from July 20, 1969 sitting around someplace.

Addendum: But let’s acknowledge when President Obama gets it right:

Good call.

It’s time once again to show our support for Day By Day and its artist-publisher, Chris Muir.  Chris holds an annual fundraiser to keep the adventures of Sam, Zed, Jan, and Damon coming.  Chris, whose artwork has enhanced the OOTD feature since its inception for Hot Air readers, uses the funds raised for only the continuance of DBD.  As always, the fundraiser has many fabulous gifts available at whatever level one chooses to donate.  If you’re thinking about donating at the Jan/Damon level or above, you’ll get a Last Supper Red vs Blue magnet, which has depictions of personalities from New Media — myself included.  Donating at the Anatoly Level will get you a 9×15 print of the artwork.  Dig deep and be part of supporting the one of the best New Media cartoonists in the biz!

And if you want something really cool …

Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at obamaisms@edmorrissey.com with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.

Comments

Neil Armstrong: Great Man.

Barry Hussein Soetoro: Not even a great parody.

wildcat72 on August 28, 2012 at 8:03 AM

All about the O

despicable

cmsinaz on August 28, 2012 at 8:03 AM

At least he got the flags right…

OmahaConservative on August 28, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Addendum: But let’s acknowledge when President Obama gets it right:

Well, if you want to give him credit, though I think they probably poll-tested this thing to death before the decision.

They could have made the announcement that they planned this the day after he dies, no?

RedCrow on August 28, 2012 at 8:05 AM

And were it not for the vision of Barack Obama, the Moon would never have been created for men to one day walk on.

I swear, this assclown HAS NO SHAME! NONE WHATSOEVER! Everything, regardless of what it is or who it is, it has to be all about HIM!

pilamaye on August 28, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Who’s that in the picture, gazing into the night sky? Neil Armstrong?

Neil Armstrong wasn’t a rat-eared bastard. What’s truly appalling is that Obama was the one who killed NASA’s manned space program- an act that Armstrong came out of his normal obscurity to protest.

That the filthy bastard is trying to gain political capital on his passing is offensive to all humanity.

Happy Nomad on August 28, 2012 at 8:06 AM

At least he didn’t call him ‘Neil Young.’

TimBuk3 on August 28, 2012 at 8:07 AM

At least he got the flags right…

OmahaConservative on August 28, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Did he?

A day for the first man to step on the moon. A month for the swimmer of Chappaquiddick.

That’s 0bama’s idea of honor.

cozmo on August 28, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Neil Armstrong will be missed greatly, Obama, not so much. Flying the flags at half staff is a no brainer, I wonder how many times Valerie Jarret told him no before he ordered it?

Mini-14 on August 28, 2012 at 8:07 AM

At least he got the flags right…

OmahaConservative on August 28, 2012 at 8:03 AM

I’d bet real money that ordering the flags at half-staff was not his idea.

swinia sutki on August 28, 2012 at 8:07 AM

“But enough about me… What do YOU think about me?”

Barry Hussein O’damna.

Crusader Rabbit on August 28, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Barack Obama, little selfish boy still waiting for all that adulation, fame and fortune he believes he so justly must receive. Or else.

I think back to one of the very few quotes made public as to people from Obama’s past: his teacher in Indonesia from when he was in first grade or thereabouts (first, second, something like that)…and the woman said about Obama that he was “piggy,” that he’d eat everything including taking food from others.

I think that just about sums his personality up as well as anything.

Lourdes on August 28, 2012 at 8:10 AM

At least he got the flags right…

OmahaConservative on August 28, 2012 at 8:03 AM

I’d bet real money that ordering the flags at half-staff was not his idea.

swinia sutki on August 28, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Yes. Notice that decision came later than what one might expect.

He almost certainly got a demand from Anita Dunn or Axelro or both due to them reading twitter and “suddenly” ~getting the idea to lower the flag~ because it’d help Obama “look concerned”.

Lourdes on August 28, 2012 at 8:12 AM

That’s 0bama’s idea of honor.

cozmo on August 28, 2012 at 8:07 AM

There’s protocol to these things. It isn’t as if Obama was the one who even thought that flags should fly at half-staff. After all, there is nothing in that act which concerns the rat-eared bastard personally. It’s just remarkable that somebody on his staff thought of it given that they are all anti-American marxists as well.

Happy Nomad on August 28, 2012 at 8:12 AM

Is he thinking how one day the flag of Islam will be planted there?

PappyD61 on August 28, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Pretty low class, White House.

Unoriginal, self-referential, and simply distasteful.

Is there any reason to expect otherwise from you guys??

Neil Armstrong is an American hero.

ted c on August 28, 2012 at 8:13 AM

A symbolic mooning of everything that is America. That’s our Barry.

Yoop on August 28, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Happy Nomad on August 28, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Yep

Eren on August 28, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Breaking News: Hollyweird Actor Samuel L. Jackson says the fact the Moon is white proves it is racist!

pilamaye on August 28, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Neil Armstrong is an American hero.

ted c on August 28, 2012 at 8:13 AM

and our pResident is an America hating, bisexul, closet muslim loser.

GhoulAid on August 28, 2012 at 8:15 AM

What’s even more insulting about that “tribute,” is the boy king addressing Mr. Armstrong by his first name only, as if they were BFF’s or something.

Totally classless.

That’s 0bama’s idea of honor.

cozmo on August 28, 2012 at 8:07 AM

IIRC, weren’t they lowered for a week when Michael Jackson passed?

Flora Duh on August 28, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Obama is a reprehensible person. How dare he try to use the occasion of Neil Armstrong’s passing for a photo op for his own egotistical purposes. Armstrong was a national hero. Obama is just an opportunistic politician who will use any occasion to grab the spotlight. This man has no shame.

simkeith on August 28, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Barack Obama exploring the unknown -> economics !!

KenInIL on August 28, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Armstrong did more for this country with one step than Obama has done or will do during his entire lifetime.

WordsMatter on August 28, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Just when you think the filthy Communist couldn’t sink any lower.What a friggin disgrace!

jeffinsjvca on August 28, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Does he send self-portraits for wedding gifts too? Oh wait, he expects brides/grooms and their guests to send HIM hosannas upon their nuptuals.

ted c on August 28, 2012 at 8:22 AM

If Obama wins in November just think of the MESS he will inherit..

He can easily ride that for 4 more…

RockyJ. on August 28, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Does he stare wistfully at long unemployment lines and say, “yeah……I built that”?

/questions.

ted c on August 28, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Happy Nomad on August 28, 2012 at 8:12 AM

The idea didn’t come from his staff. They never would have thought of it on their own.

IIRC, weren’t they lowered for a week when Michael Jackson passed?

Flora Duh on August 28, 2012 at 8:17 AM

I seem to remember something about that, but couldn’t find an official statement.

Gov. Christie ordered all flags in NJ lowered for Whitney Houston.

Angry rant I wrote yesterday:

I don’t know if you are going to use the photo that president Obama released with his statement on the death of Neil Armstrong as an Obmaturism of the day, but I think it tells the story of Obama and his narcissism better than anything else he has done during his administration. Including his “you’ve got me” remark referring to the mid term elections.

If he had intended to defend his “you didn’t build that” remark, he could have used the heroism of Neil Armstrong to do that.

Thousands of ordinary Americans, and many non-Americans, worked their collective rear ends off to accomplish the greatest feat in mankind’s history. From the engineers and scientists to the women who sewed the spacesuits, the line handlers who worked the barges to deliver complete stages, the janitors who kept the work spaces clean so small metal debris would not cause problems in zero gravity, to the truck drivers who delivered parts. Armstrong was the man who made that first boot print on the lunar surface, but the greatest nation this planet has ever had made that possible.

Neil Armstrong shunned the limelight of his accomplishment and made sure all the uncredited people who made the Apollo program a success were given the attention they deserved.

That is the very definition of Obama’s “you didn’t build that” remark and a rare one at that. His narcissism wouldn’t allow him to be overshadowed by a mere man who is the embodiment of American greatness. Instead, he gives us a photograph of him looking at the Moon, and Venus. Conveniently leaving out that he has let NASA’s Aries program stall while he has them perform self-esteem exercises for religious minorities.

It is a shame that Obama took so long to order flags flown at half staff for the day of Armstrong’s internment. I guess the first man on the moon doesn’t rate as high on the honor scale of the swimmer of Chappaquiddick.

Sorry for the rant. It just chaps this space geek.

cozmo on August 28, 2012 at 8:24 AM

He’s staring at a crescent moon and a star, the symbol of Islam. But quit with your racist talk he’s a Muslim. Now lets all turn East and chant.

Marcus on August 28, 2012 at 8:24 AM

The moon is above Obama’s pay-grade…
and..
Neil Armstrong was there…

Electrongod on August 28, 2012 at 8:25 AM

It took research to prove that photo was of Barky? Geez, I could tell that, as I doubt there exists a photo of Mr. Rumbold from “Are You Being Served?” gazing at the night sky.

Gingotts on August 28, 2012 at 8:27 AM

My Good Friends, as shown by the previous, ASTUTE, and accurate comments, we have witnessed a new low in human self-aggrandizement. Only someone/someTHING like Obama could package such a classless, nauseating, and thoroughly disgusting piece of propaganda as this. I’ve come to expect this garbage from North Korea and Iran. Even Irag when the late Saddam was in power. May G-d have mercy on the US if this, this, THING remains president (small “p” intended) another four years. I’ll see all of you on Election Day!!

rpjkw11 on August 28, 2012 at 8:28 AM

To the tune of Fly Me to the Moon (duh, really?)

Fly me to the moon and let my ears provide the lift.
I can be a king there, cause you know… I’ve got a gift.
In other words…I’m so cool.
In other words… “you trusting fool”.

Plant my big-O flag and make it large enough to see
from Palestine and Syria and Saudi Arabee.
My countenance, how it will shine.
My greatness is…hmmm, just divine.

I’d like to add more but I have to pretend to work now.

swinia sutki on August 28, 2012 at 8:28 AM

The crescent moon and star is a nice subliminal touch,

don’tcha’ think?

franksalterego on August 28, 2012 at 8:28 AM

OK boys and girls. Time for a game of Is It Real, or Is It Iowahawk

Stars Get In Your Eyes

Neil’s passing gives all of us all pause to consider deeper questions. What does it mean for the future of space exploration? How proud would Neil have been to have a famous historic president refer to him by first name? And, most importantly, how did his death inspire that historic president to make ever more gigantic leaps for mankind?

This is a tough one. Kind of threw me off at first, with the lack of stuttering.

MNHawk on August 28, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Marcus on August 28, 2012 at 8:24 AM

He is looking at the moon and Venus. It was a pretty big deal for star gazers earlier this year.

They couldn’t find a picture of him looking at the moon and thinking what could be.

cozmo on August 28, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Pretty much what I thought would happen. Thanks for living down to expectations, hypocrites.

Drew Lowell on June 20, 2012 at 8:17 PM

rogerb on August 28, 2012 at 8:31 AM

My guess for the “to be announced” guest before Marco Rubio……

Colin Powell.

PappyD61 on August 28, 2012 at 8:33 AM

And on this day we honor General-Admiral Lance Armstrong and the Corpsemen who blew up the Moon in 1868.

/Barker

CorporatePiggy on August 28, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Tone deaf and egotistical. That sums it up.

doublezero12 on August 28, 2012 at 8:35 AM

CorporatePiggy on August 28, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Attorney-Admiral Holder approves of that approach

ted c on August 28, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Is the picture supposed to make me think O is looking up at the moon? Because it looks like he’s facing the photographer with his back towards the moon.

lynncgb on August 28, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Why should we give him any credit for ordering flags at half mast?

Have our expectations of the POTUS become so low that all we are left to celebrate is an obvious protocol decision that only the most tone deaf and openly declared enemy of the US would fail to make?

Mr Armstrong is an American hero and left a legacy that forever makes a period in the history of all humans. He will be referenced in history books 1000 years from now long after the US is only a footnote. Who wouldn’t have called for flags at half mast?

Skwor on August 28, 2012 at 8:41 AM

While the Left may claim to be against North places like North Korea, the truth is that ithey absolutely love the idea of ruler worship. Look at the way they treat leftist heros and leaders. Heck, look at the way Sorkin treated the role of President. I am sure that most of them see nothing wrong with inserting the leader’s image into every news story.

McDuck on August 28, 2012 at 8:41 AM

lynncgb on August 28, 2012 at 8:37 AM

I just copied the image into a photo editor and increased the Gamma.
Obama is facing away but is not looking up. He is looking at people in front of him.

Electrongod on August 28, 2012 at 8:41 AM

I found the source of the picture, and just as I suspected, it was a stock photo taken of Obama from their Flickr account. …

…a fresh picture would have been nice…instead of his hands in his moms pants…(playing billiards or something?)…they could have one showing him giving a salute toward the sky.

KOOLAID2 on August 28, 2012 at 8:42 AM

I didn’t think my hate for him could get stronger but I was wrong.

docflash on August 28, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Happy Nomad on August 28, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Yep. One nasty little man.

petefrt on August 28, 2012 at 8:45 AM

To honor a hero, a funeral pose…

…doesn’t usually involve slouching with your hands in your pockets. They could’ve picked a better photo.

(On second thought, they couldn’t have picked a better photo.)

ss396 on August 28, 2012 at 8:48 AM

lynncgb on August 28, 2012 at 8:37 AM

I just copied the image into a photo editor and increased the Gamma.

Electrongod on August 28, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Good call there. Dead giveaway, as the picture is taken from six inches off the ground. As usual, something cool is going on (Moon & Venus) and Barack is too self-absorbed to notice or give a crap. Probably talking to a staffer who smuggled some burgers past Moochelle.

Gingotts on August 28, 2012 at 8:50 AM

I just copied the image into a photo editor and increased the Gamma.

Electrongod on August 28, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Thanks…his elbows looked bent wrong when I looked at it. Anyway, it’s a picture of Zero, not of the hero. Terrible.

lynncgb on August 28, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Wasn’t that the photo taken as barky awated the alien invasion that krugman promised would jump start the economy?

Lost in Jersey on August 28, 2012 at 8:56 AM

I don’t remember praising any other president for ordering the lowering of flags for such things. It was expected and praise wasn’t necessary – I would never have even thought of it. Our standards sure have fallen.

Eren on August 28, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Oh course, this is a perfect OOTD. The Navy Seal Pac should use this on their next ad.

Cindy Munford on August 28, 2012 at 8:59 AM

I presume that most of us were unaware of this story. I didn’t know this, but it’s awesome! 42 years ago…guess what happened… many have not heard of this before . . .

Communion on the Moon: July 20, 1969
(This is an article by Eric Metaxas)

Forty-two years ago two human beings changed history by walking on the surface of the moon. But what happened before Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong exited the Lunar Module is perhaps even more amazing, if only because so few people know about it. “I’m talking about the fact that Buzz Aldrin took communion on the surface of the moon. Some months after his return, he wrote about it in Guideposts magazine..

And a few years ago I had the privilege of meeting him myself. I asked him about it and he confirmed the story to me, and I wrote about in my book Everything You Always Wanted to Know About God (But Were Afraid to Ask).

The background to the story is that Aldrin was an elder at his Presbyterian Church in Texas during this period in his life, and knowing that he would soon be doing something unprecedented in human history, he felt he should mark the occasion somehow, and he asked his minister to help him. And so the minister consecrated a communion wafer and a small vial of communion wine. And Buzz Aldrin took them with him out of the Earth’s orbit and on to the surface of the moon.

He and Armstrong had only been on the lunar surface for a few minutes when Aldrin made the following public statement: “This is the LM pilot. I’d like to take this opportunity to ask every person listening in, whoever and wherever they may be, to pause for a moment and contemplate the events of the past few hours and to give thanks in his or her own way.” He then ended radio communication and there, on the silent surface of the moon, 250,000 miles from home, he read a verse from the Gospel of John, and he took communion. Here is his own account of what happened:

“In the radio blackout, I opened the little plastic packages which contained the bread and the wine. I poured the wine into the chalice our church had given me. In the one-sixth gravity of the moon, the wine slowly curled and gracefully came up the side of the cup. Then I read the scripture, ‘I am the vine, you are the branches. Whosoever abides in me will bring forth much fruit.. Apart from me you can do nothing.’

“I had intended to read my communion passage back to earth, but at the last minute [they] had requested that I not do this. NASA was already embroiled in a legal battle with Madelyn Murray O’Hare, the celebrated opponent of religion, over the Apollo 8 crew reading from Genesis while orbiting the moon at Christmas. I agreed reluctantly.

“I ate the tiny Host and swallowed the wine. I gave thanks for the intelligence and spirit that had brought two young pilots to the Sea of Tranquility . It was interesting for me to think: the very first liquid ever poured on the moon, and the very first food eaten there, were the communion elements.”

this is what humble heroes do when they are at a moment of greatness. They thank God who gave them the ability to get there.

ted c on August 28, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Well, at least the Governor of Ohio has more sense than the big Oops.

Gov. John Kasich today ordered the lowering of all flags at public buildings in Ohio to half-mast to honor the memory of Wapakoneta native Neil Armstrong, the first man to walk on the moon.

“I join all Ohioans in remembering this brave Ohio pioneer,” Kasich said in the resolution,

Flags are to remain at half-staff until Friday.

R.I.P. John Glenn

jackal40 on August 28, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Oboobi ain’t exactly looking at stars. More like the crescent moon. Seeing how this was a stock photo taken months ago, exactly who was the intended audience?

AH_C on August 28, 2012 at 9:14 AM

OMG, I has brain damage.

R.I.P. Neil Armstrong.
Sorry John

jackal40 on August 28, 2012 at 9:16 AM

jackal40 on August 28, 2012 at 9:16 AM

phew, I was about to say whaaaaat?

cozmo on August 28, 2012 at 9:17 AM

This cretin is an abuse of oxygen and DNA.

If this doesn’t get us off our butts and working for Romney, then we deserve to be enslaved and treated like garbage.

Sure, Mitt’s a tepid candidate, but he will work to preserve capitalism and America — both of which have been very good to him and his family. And he isn’t an America-hating, evil despot.

It’s either Romney or four even more destructive years of this malevolent psychopath.

Those are our options, and it isn’t difficult to choose.

TheClearRiver on August 28, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Those are our options, and it isn’t difficult to choose.

TheClearRiver on August 28, 2012 at 9:20 AM

ABR nutballs will take issue with that.

cozmo on August 28, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I think we should also give Hitler praise and credit for lowering the flags when President Hindenburg died.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on August 28, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on August 28, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Was there a point to that?

cozmo on August 28, 2012 at 9:31 AM

It’s right up there with this one, which never fails to make me seethe:

moonbattery.com/?p=12286

Naturally Curly on August 28, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Disgusting narcissistic a-hole.

Even after he’s booted from office I am sure we’ll have to suffer this fool as much as ever.

tru2tx on August 28, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Was there a point to that?

cozmo on August 28, 2012 at 9:31 AM

The point is that Preznit Choomie shouldn’t be given strained credit or praise for making a no-brainer , pro forma, protocol decision to lower the flag for a national hero.

The fact the guy has lowered the standards for presidential behavior for nearly four years that we’re handing out kudos to him for actually doing something that deviates from that appalling standard is the point.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on August 28, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on August 28, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Was there a point to that?

cozmo on August 28, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I think he meant it as sarcasm. In other words why are we giving any credit to Obama for doing what is obvious to any breathing decent human being. It is sort of like giving credit to someone for being generally polite in public. It is more an expectation than something to be noted as unusual and meriting special recognition.

Skwor on August 28, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I’d pay real money to see Buzz Aldren’s reaction to our benevolent god-king usurping the occasion of his friend Neil Armstrong’s death to pay tribute to himself.

I’d pay double that to see Buzz Aldren confront Obama face-to-face.

crazy_legs on August 28, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Skwor on August 28, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Or to put it more succinctly:
“Bless his heart”

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on August 28, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on August 28, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Um, okay, but those two were politically tied.

0bama was probably as clueless as MSNBC upon hearing of Neil Young’s Armstrong’s death.

cozmo on August 28, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Buzz confronts Obama over the use of an Obama photo as a tribute to Niel Armstrong

Skwor on August 28, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Hubris comes before the fall.

IlikedAUH2O on August 28, 2012 at 9:44 AM

ABR nutballs will take issue with that.

cozmo on August 28, 2012 at 9:22 AM

You’re right, cozmo. But, don’t lose hope. I used to be an ABR nutball, too — back when we still had other candidates to choose from. But, now it’s time to put aside our own preferences and do what’s best for the pack. Romney’s a long way from being perfect, but he’ll do, for now.

TheClearRiver on August 28, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Skwor on August 28, 2012 at 9:44 AM

heh!! wow. Buzz has a pretty good right hook.

ted c on August 28, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Double the height of the poles, and jack those flags into the sky.

Axe on August 28, 2012 at 9:53 AM

TheClearRiver on August 28, 2012 at 9:45 AM

There was nothing wrong with being ABR while there were other viable republican candidates.

An ABR nutball, is an idiot who prefers 0bama to Romney.

cozmo on August 28, 2012 at 9:53 AM

/questions.

ted c on August 28, 2012 at 8:24 AM

No, he says to self…”I can still blame Boooosh, and get away with it.”, as Moochelle gives him his marching orders for the next day.

belad on August 28, 2012 at 9:59 AM

OK boys and girls. Time for a game of Is It Real, or Is It Iowahawk

Stars Get In Your Eyes

MNHawk on August 28, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Excellent biting satire throughout. I really appreciated “How proud would Neil have been to have a famous historic president refer to him by first name?” because I noticed the same presumed familiarity.

Warning: I read it to my wife last night and it just made her angrier. She knew it was satire but it’s so pitch-perfect as to our sense of Obama’s inner feelings that she couldn’t laugh.

Drained Brain on August 28, 2012 at 10:01 AM

An ABR nutball, is an idiot who prefers 0bama to Romney.

cozmo on August 28, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I am an ABR Conservative who is more at peace with my decision to vote for Romney than I was originally. I honestly think that most folks voting for Obama (nearly all) were going to vote for him anyway and are just talking smack. I admit there are a few who would see our nation burned to ash in the hopes it can be rebuilt on a solid Conservative rock foundation. They forget, we already have that foundation…the Constitution. For me, the dangers of letting it burn are far too great. The only option for me is to elect Mittens and drag his sorry a$$ to the right.

SKYFOX on August 28, 2012 at 10:05 AM

The only option for me is to elect Mittens and drag his sorry a$$ to the right.

SKYFOX on August 28, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Most of us share your version of ABR. We are RRS (Reluctant Romney Supporters) assimilted by the Mitt collective over the course of the primaries. Turns out, resistance really was futile. Our love of country overcomes our quest for ideological purity.

ABR nutballs are either 0bama plants or idiots who feel we need to destroy the country in order to save it.

cozmo on August 28, 2012 at 10:17 AM

I’m not sure but I think it was David Burge who said re this pic(paraphrased):

President Obama contemplates the insignificance of the stars compared to him

Grammie on August 28, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Is he thinking how one day the flag of Islam will be planted there?

PappyD61 on August 28, 2012 at 8:13 AM

As has been pointed out elsewhere, the night sky where Obama is thoughtfully gazing does feature a crescent moon and a star. (The other “star” is on the ground thoughtfully gazing.)

onlineanalyst on August 28, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Homer nods: The photo is one of a moon and Venus.

onlineanalyst on August 28, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Marcus on August 28, 2012 at 8:24 AM

In lunar orbit prior to the landing in 1969, Apollo 11 astronauts Armstrong, Aldrin, and Collins were quoting the Book of Genesis, while Barack Hussein Obama Jr. was an 8-year-old boy in Indonesia.

A real tribute to Neil Armostrong should show his photo on the moon with the American flag, and another photo showing Armstrong’s face, wearing a space suit without the helmet.

If you want to involve the Presidency, show the President who sent Armstrong to the moon–John F. Kennedy.

Steve Z on August 28, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Over at Lucianne.com the photo is captioned “The Ego Has Landed.” Perfect.

cheeflo on August 28, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Addendum: But let’s acknowledge when President Obama gets it right:

No kudos are due for doing one’s job in the normal course of events.

Akzed on August 28, 2012 at 10:49 AM

He is a disgrace to America. Please… he has got to go in November!!

helenvt on August 28, 2012 at 11:02 AM

R.I.P. John Glenn

jackal40 on August 28, 2012 at 9:13 AM

You mean Neil Armstrong. John Glenn is still with us.

cheeflo on August 28, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Neil Armstrong didn’t build that! (the Moon, that is)

- Barack Hussein Obama Junior

J Baustian on August 28, 2012 at 11:27 AM

A big picture of himself looking at the wrong phase of the moon.

Fausta Wertz on August 28, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Credit where credit is due–He didn’t have the full moon behind his head forming the perfect halo for the magnificent eared one.

dragondrop on August 28, 2012 at 11:45 AM

A few things…
I have one of those pictures of Armstrong on the moon that you could get as part of a set at the time. So it shouldn’t have been difficult for the WH to get one.
If Obama is facing away from the moon, that must have been a true obamateurism, since he did do away with the program.

Armstrong was the first civilian to orbit the earth.

And this…

As they came in on final approach, Armstrong later reported, he saw they were in trouble. Eagle’s computer was steering them right toward a crater, with boulders the size of cars. Armstrong took over manual control. Fuel was in short supply, but he hosed out more, skittering a few hundred feet above the lunar surface in search of a clear spot to land.

“1201 alarm,” called Aldrin, watching Eagle’s computer readout while Armstrong looked out the window. The computer was overloading.

“Hang tight, we’re go,” said astronaut Charles Duke, the one person at Mission Control assigned to talk with Armstrong and Aldrin by radio.

Armstrong was silent as he lowered the ship on a pillar of flame. He was too busy flying. Aldrin called out numbers to mark their progress in feet per second. “Four forward, drifting to the right a little.”

“Thirty seconds,” said Duke. In half a minute he would have to tell the astronauts to abort the landing — even though they were less than a hundred feet up.

Neil Armstrong, one heck of a pilot.

Deanna on August 28, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Hey Barky, why the photo of Alfred E. Newman wearing a suit looking at the sky? Would be a shame if that helicopter rotor blade was in motion. Two dimensional dream for a one dimensional figure.

EPIC. PATHETIC. BLESS HIS HEART.

NOMOBO on August 28, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I am late to the dance but….a friend pointed out that there is a crescent moon in the sky…and star…

allstonian on August 28, 2012 at 12:24 PM

SKYFOX on August 28, 2012 at 10:05 AM

SKYFOX, very well said.

NOMOBO on August 28, 2012 at 12:28 PM

At least he got the flags right…

OmahaConservative on August 28, 2012 at 8:03 AM

I have a broken clock that is correct twice a day. That beats Obama’s track record by about… lemme break out the calculator… 59 times each month.

Wino on August 28, 2012 at 12:48 PM

based on the ears, ain’t that a picture of Owe?

katablog.com on August 28, 2012 at 4:29 PM