Finally: Romney’s the official Republican nominee for president

posted at 5:51 pm on August 28, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

TAMPA, Fla. — Dancing delegates proudly bedecked in military- and state-themed flare, hours of rules discussion and official rigmarole, and roll-calling the state delegations: It’s all good, ’cause it means we can officially stop calling Mitt Romney the “presumptive Republican nominee” now! Not that anyone was really bothering with that anymore anyhow, but hey, the proprieties must be observed. The delegates painted a typically colorful picture on the floor of the Tampa Bay Times Forum Tuesday afternoon — the classic Wisconsin cheeseheads and Texas cowboy hats were of course well-represented, and the excitement was palpable.

There was plenty of trepidation that the official nomination proceedings would end up with a full-on Ron Paulite-led floor fight on their hands, but nothing much came of it. After speeches from a string of dignitaries, officials, and Republican candidates, former New Hampshire Gov. John Sununu was the lucky speaker who presided over the voice vote on the recent rule changes, during which the Ron Paul supporters definitely voiced their disgruntlement (“Point of order!”-chanting and so forth). After a few minutes, however, things settled back down, and besides some enthusiastic cheering whenever Ron Paul’s name was mentioned during the delegate count, the proceedings kept on going pretty much pro forma.

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona… each state had a representative speak briefly to affirm the support of their delegates for Mitt Romney (my personal favorite expression of state pride: “Idaho, the first to sue ObamaCare!”, heh). There were a few exceptions, with Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, etcetera actually having more delegates committed to Ron Paul (cue wild cheers), but after New Jersey’s turn came the “Over the top” alert indicating that Mitt Romney hit the 1,144 votes he needed to lock this thing up.

So, that’s the official nomination clinched — onward!

Update: Yep, Speaker Boehner just wrapped up the state roll call, and Mitt has more than plenty of delegates. “Shout” was the music selection of choice; celebrations ensued. Good times, good times.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Whew.. the bravery.

Let me guess, you get kittens in head locks and tell everyone about the fights you’ve won.

Odie1941 on August 28, 2012 at 7:52 PM

ROTFLMAO… Wow, that going to leave one hell of a bruise.

SWalker on August 28, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Mia Love was absolutely fantastic.
So proud she’s on our team.

bailey24 on August 28, 2012 at 7:58 PM

I’m not a Romney Fan-boy, but I will vote for him. He better not F’ing squander it and morph into a pantywaist “compromiser”.

REPEAL-REPLACE and he better actively campaign for it.

TX-96 on August 28, 2012 at 8:00 PM

astonerii on August 28, 2012

…p u l l
………..m y
……………f i n g e r!

KOOLAID2 on August 28, 2012 at 8:01 PM

I HATE SHEPHERD SMITH!! I missed Mia Love’s speech. Now I’m on CSPAN.

John the Libertarian on August 28, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Vote for the Dreams of YOUR father,
not the dreams of Obama’s.
Vote for the American Dream,
Vote GOP.

Whiterock on August 28, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Odie, you’re an idiot. I knew that before I read your (current) insipid comment. I’ve got a carbuncle I care more about than your opinion. That’s the last word from me on that.

SWalker, i’ll just add that you’re very Alinskian. Obama would be proud.

avgjo on August 28, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Please don’t sully the moment with that race-baiting POS Muslim’s words here.

His words were used to create the image of a brilliant fighter, not the image stuck in your mind.

That the latter keeps you from seeing the former indicates that it’s your mind that has been sullied, not the moment.

Thank you.

Odie1941 on August 28, 2012 at 6:35 PM

You’re welcome, Mr. Liston.

rukiddingme on August 28, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Never thought I’d enjoy C-Span so much!

amend2 on August 28, 2012 at 8:06 PM

As opposed to Weaksauce McLame last cycle, who stung like a butterfly and floated like a rock :P
Benedict Nelson on August 28, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Yep. He and the fools that voted for Obama are the dopes that Obama roped. :P

rukiddingme on August 28, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I hope this all turns out well for America and badly for Obama…I really do.

Terrye on August 28, 2012 at 8:06 PM

REPEAL-REPLACE and he better actively campaign for it.

TX-96 on August 28, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Is there a 2nd Romney running or something… Because the track record of the Romney that just got nominated as the GOP candidate only follows…. He does not lead… But I know, I know… His pass actions don’t matter…. U gotta to believe!!!

Y314K on August 28, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Ooo, Oak Ridge Boys’ “Amazing Grace” .. neato !

pambi on August 28, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Damn. Richard Sturban needs to lose the hippy cut.*Clean-shaven Oak Ridge Boy*
Can’t HEAR the ORBs because husband stop ‘singing’ along.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 28, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Did Mia Love make Chris Matthews’ head explode?

Mark1971 on August 28, 2012 at 8:08 PM

This may be a BIT off topic…but hot damn, this is a GREAT show at the RNC now. The speeches are spot on…and the singers are celebrating God and country. I’m loving it all so far!

Highlar on August 28, 2012 at 8:10 PM

You know, after all these years this still brings a lump to my throat and some tears to my eyes. God bless America!

katy the mean old lady on August 28, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I HATE SHEPHERD SMITH!! I missed Mia Love’s speech. Now I’m on CSPAN.

John the Libertarian on August 28, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Ditto the Shep hate. He’s back in NOLA and just as stupid in hurricane coverage though I’ve gotta say that the track of this storm is worrying (speaking as a former resident, not paying attention to the pundits). The worst case scenerio for NOLA has always been a slow moving storm that pushes the Mississippi River water back up the river. That appears what we have. The new I-10 bridge looks low in Lake Pontchatrain and it is very high.

And thank you for the tip that CSPAN was covering this because I was really getting irritated with FNC and a bunch of people who literally will all walk to the same bar in the quarter as if they have the region covered.

Happy Nomad on August 28, 2012 at 8:11 PM

You know who this benefits?

HitNRun on August 28, 2012 at 8:11 PM

avgjo on August 28, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Bzzzt! Bzzzt! Bzzzt! The sockpuppet alarm has just gone off. Astro-moby must have needed some “(im)moral support”.

Benedict Nelson on August 28, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Hubba, hubba, hubba! Money, money, money! Who do you trust? Me? I’m giving away free money. And where is the Batman?

faraway on August 28, 2012 at 5:56 PM

At home washing his tights!!!

(Love that Jack Nicholson’s Joker line)

cableguy615 on August 28, 2012 at 8:12 PM

How many packs a day is Kelly Ayotte smoking?

Lawdawg86 on August 28, 2012 at 8:13 PM

One day liberty will be restored. Just not in the next 4 years. Once again the GOP has failed to pick a good candidate. I, and other Ron Paul supporters may look to go create our own party. Could just call it the “conservative party”. Because that’s not the GOP.

fatlibertarianinokc on August 28, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Those songs tonight (so far) were…in a word…amazing. You could tell that each and every one of the singers really felt what they were singing about. And that I Built It song was pretty good too. You can’t help but tear up and get a lump in your throat at how this whole thing is going. It makes you PROUD to be an American watching this RNC convention tonight. Also…is it just me…or are they showing a LOT of women, to counteract the “War on Women” meme? I think its GREAT!!! :D

Highlar on August 28, 2012 at 8:15 PM

You know who this benefits?

HitNRun on August 28, 2012 at 8:11 PM

LOL. If elected Romney has to offer Hugh Hewitt some kind of position for the past 6 years of ass-kissing.

Mark1971 on August 28, 2012 at 8:15 PM

CNN’s Candy-stuffed Crowley is reading Ann Romney’s speech

faraway on August 28, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Remind us why she is a moderator of the debate.

bayview on August 28, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Fair and balanced, add a bit of levity, hold the stage down?

arnold ziffel on August 28, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Ooo, Oak Ridge Boys’ “Amazing Grace” .. neato !

pambi on August 28, 2012 at 8:07 PM

I heard their interview on local talk radio. Asked why they were at the RNC convention they said that it wasn’t a secret that their tour bus leaned to the right. That just affirmed the soft spot I have for this group which I first heard at a national Boy Scout Jamboree back in 1981.

Happy Nomad on August 28, 2012 at 8:16 PM

SWalker, i’ll just add that you’re very Alinskian. Obama would be proud.

avgjo on August 28, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Stupid, stoned and immature is no way to go through life son.

SWalker on August 28, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Wow, Benedict! You figured it out! Man, busted. But, hey, at least it was someone as smart as you.

Let me guess – you were the kid that used to hang around the cooler ones, and try to include yourself in their conversations. Lonely times, I’ll bet.

avgjo on August 28, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I HATE SHEPHERD SMITH!! I missed Mia Love’s speech. Now I’m on CSPAN.
John the Libertarian on August 28, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Watch the GOP’s convention feed at YouTube:

whatcat on August 28, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Ayotte’s speech a falling a little flat.

Mark1971 on August 28, 2012 at 8:18 PM

SWalker,

since I’m ‘son’, I presume you have much to teach me. Could you please teach me something about dialectical subtlety? For instance, could you please tell me how you arrived at such an astoundingly far-off-the-mark conclusion as that? Or are you just making my point about Alinskyite tactics? BTW, I’m flattered you’re wasting time on little old me.

avgjo on August 28, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I will appreciate the fact that he will give us breathing room and that he seems like a decent man who loves his country. Right now, considering the options, that is enough for me.

kim roy on August 28, 2012 at 7:45 PM

You speak for many of us. If Romney turns out great I too will celebrate and be humble.

arnold ziffel on August 28, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Good! Bring on small business owners…not politicians…to tell THEIR story. :D Me likey!!!

Highlar on August 28, 2012 at 8:20 PM

This is great stuff so far. I can’t wait for Ann Romney and Christie.

wolly4321 on August 28, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Y314K on August 28, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Yes, because Ronald Reagan was elected his first run and everybody knows that if you don’t get elected the first time you run it automatically means that you are a failure and evil and stuff.

SWalker on August 28, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Please don’t sully the moment with that race-baiting POS Muslim’s words here.

Thank you.

Odie1941 on August 28, 2012 at 6:35 PM

You’re welcome, Mr. Liston.

rukiddingme on August 28, 2012 at 8:04 PM

I am more of a Ken Norton guy, you know the dude who whipped Ali in his prime, then got robbed in fight 3.

But I digress… I left out “convenient draft dodger” whereas his Nation of Islam Muslim cred came from.

Carry on now brave “conservative”

Odie1941 on August 28, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Are the Paultards still around?

Or are they still butthurt about not being able to overturn the primary votes?

catmman on August 28, 2012 at 8:22 PM

This is REALLY good…breaking down how sometimes you HAVE to make the tough choices in business. Sometimes you have to take a risk…sometimes you even have to fire people…for the good of the business and everyone ELSE that works in it. Good points, Mr. Gilchrist!

Highlar on August 28, 2012 at 8:23 PM

It’s time for you people to either retire the acronym RINO, or start applying it correctly to those in favor of limited government, who are truly the Republicans In Name Only. You so-called conservatives have selected as presidential candidates for your party:

Mitt Romney
John McCain
George W Bush
Bob Dole
George HW Bush
Ronald Reagan
Gerald Ford
Richard Nixon

Stop the charade.

Dante on August 28, 2012 at 8:23 PM

KASICH!
Woo-Hoo!

annoyinglittletwerp on August 28, 2012 at 8:24 PM

LOL…the Ohioans holding up inflated letters: O-H-I-O. :D Can you read that, Mr. Current-and-one-term-President???

Highlar on August 28, 2012 at 8:24 PM

I’m glad I left work early to watch this. Great convention.

newportmike on August 28, 2012 at 8:25 PM

I like seeing them holding up the letters spelling Ohio correctly.

Mark1971 on August 28, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Hey Paulbots: We are just not that into you.

Odie1941 on August 28, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Just as I’m starting to think Romney won’t be too bad as President, he does this stupid rules stunt. We need a unified party and he decides to raise the ire of grassroots republicans with the rules change, especially rule 12. The RNC and Romney should post a sign “Conservatives not wanted!” Why upset any potential voters at this stage of the game with idiotic rule changes?

Now that he has the nomination, I expect Romney to finish shedding his conservative skin and a shiny new big government moderate will emerge. The etch-a-sketch moment will soon be complete. I hope I am wrong, but I have little faith that Romney will govern as a conservative. He doesn’t need to win conservatives over because we are always suckers for the lesser of two evils argument.

Still, congratulations to Romney and his supporters who have worked so hard for him. I have nothing personal against him, he seems nice and is at least a patriotic American. As the Republican nominee and barring any extreme changes, such as pandering with amnesty plans for illegals, I’ll vote for him. I must say though, that some of his smug supporters really make me want to vote third party.

Ibanez Lotus on August 28, 2012 at 8:25 PM

catmman on August 28, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Where you the on who sounded the Dante blat?
Thanks soo much.///

annoyinglittletwerp on August 28, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Is there a 2nd Romney running or something…

Y314K on August 28, 2012 at 8:06 PM

only in your head…

jimver on August 28, 2012 at 8:26 PM

KASICH!
Woo-Hoo!

annoyinglittletwerp on August 28, 2012 at 8:24 PM

he’s a great speaker…

jimver on August 28, 2012 at 8:27 PM

The Paulbots and ABRs are out in force, aren’t they tonight? I guess they just don’t care if we get stuck with Obama for another 4 years . . . and please . . . none of this that Romney is the same as Obama. That is just flat stupid.

Voter from WA State on August 28, 2012 at 8:11 PM

I am just DYING to see what Romney is planning on cutting from the federal budget.

From the looks of it now, he is planning on increasing defense spending, and shaving a little here and there on the domestic side.

If America is downgraded again, the economy could plummet further, and we could face losing 2016 and 2020.

V-rod on August 28, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Kasich giving a GREAT showing of why states should elect more Republican governors!!!

Highlar on August 28, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Voter from WA State on August 28, 2012 at 8:11 PM

V-rod on August 28, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Orrrrr…… increased revenues through jobs, proactive tax breaks and less regulations might just increase the “in dollars” to pay for the “out dollars”

But then again, I am not an OB/GYN, so what do I know…

Odie1941 on August 28, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Y314K on August 28, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Yet, knowing his track record you were, and I quote:

“warming up to vote for him.”

Does a track record change? History change?

98ZJUSMC on August 28, 2012 at 8:31 PM

wow, kasich rocks!

jimver on August 28, 2012 at 8:31 PM

But then again, I am not an OB/GYN, so what do I know…

Odie1941 on August 28, 2012 at 8:31 PM

loool :-)

jimver on August 28, 2012 at 8:32 PM

SWalker,

avgjo on August 28, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I don’t think anyone can teach you anything, in fact I am relatively convinced that in your mind you are so well informed and intelligent that it pains you trying to explain the uber intellectual superness of your position to regular mortals. No,you’re not flattered, you’re a condescending arrogant narcissistic p.rick.

Oh, and if your Cranium wasn’t so profoundly lodged in your Rectum the fallacious juxtaposition of dialectical subtlety and Alinskyite tactics posing as hubris wouldn’t have exposed you as such a pretentious phuck. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK-Dqj4fHmM

SWalker on August 28, 2012 at 8:32 PM

LOL…awesome dig at Joe Biden by Kasich! :D

Highlar on August 28, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Did Mia Love make Chris Matthews’ head explode?

Mark1971 on August 28, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Wait…5, 4, 3, 2…..

Highlar on August 28, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Now, it exploded.

98ZJUSMC on August 28, 2012 at 8:35 PM

V-rod on August 28, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Well nimrod, The very act of getting a real budget through Congress would be more than the rat-eared bastard has done. Where did the rat-eared bastard make the hard cuts? Oh! That’s right. HE DIDN’T His budget proposals called for spending more while taxing the hell out of those who already pay taxes to make life that much more comfortable for his supporters.

Romney is not looking to increasing defense spending but, rather, undoing some of the cuts in place due to sequestration. An idea so bad that there is virutual universal bipartisan agreement that sequestration will not really occur. It’s a national security issue, you probably wouldn’t understand.

Happy Nomad on August 28, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Mitt Romney
John McCain
George W Bush
Bob Dole
George HW Bush
Ronald Reagan
Gerald Ford
Richard Nixon

Stop the charade.

Dante on August 28, 2012 at 8:23 PM

If Reagan were alive today and running against Ron Paul would be hammering him too. Your one note song is tiresome and annoying.

Rio Linda Refugee on August 28, 2012 at 8:36 PM

SWalker on August 28, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Hope u’r right and I am wrong but other the Ronald Reagan which had already embraced the right by the time he ran for President there hasn’t been anybody that has tacked to the right once in power…. But there is a big list of those that have tack to the left… U seem to believe Romney has been rope-a-doping left all his political live so he can be be President and then shift right… Don’t buy it… He would be the first…

Y314K on August 28, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Samething that happens to all the cool stuff. Dire Straits hijacked the whole shirt shipment and bishop is flogging them on e-bay.

katy the mean old lady on August 28, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Dante on August 28, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Wow. Thanks for reminding us who the GOP nominated since 1968.

Happy Nomad on August 28, 2012 at 8:39 PM

only in your head…

jimver on August 28, 2012 at 8:26 PM

So u’r saying that Romney leads… Like last year during the debt cap debate… I mean is not like the borrowing cap is important or anything…

Y314K on August 28, 2012 at 8:39 PM

SWalker

I’ll just say this.

You’re dummmmmmb.

1. You didn’t answer my question.

2. You made yet more assertions without any backing. What’s ‘fallacious juxtaposition of dialectical subtlety and Alinskyite tactics posing as hubris’?

3. All you seem capable of doing is attacking, with no substance. Nothing you say has any real meaning. You’re all flash (and not even impressive at that) and nothing else. In other words, you’re Obama.

4. I take it that since you called me ‘son’ (without knowing a d*mned thing about my age – but that’s the one thing you probably did get right), you’re older. That’s embarrassing, given the way you conduct yourself here. The older people I know are respectable, sensible and SMART. You’re none of those things. But hey, perhaps you’re representative of your age nowadays. That would certainly explain the proliferation of disrespect among the youth. After all, respect has to be earned. And you’re clearly incapable of that.

Again, though, since I’m such a, how did you so eloquently put it, ‘pretentious phuck’, I am sincerely flattered you’ve wasted so much time on me.

I, on the other hand, have no more time for a senile idiot.

avgjo on August 28, 2012 at 8:41 PM

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

thebrokenrattle on August 28, 2012 at 8:42 PM

whatcat on August 28, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Thanks. I’m just so tick-off’d at FOX.

John the Libertarian on August 28, 2012 at 8:43 PM

avgjo on August 28, 2012 at 8:41 PM

You are not very good at this witty/web/blog thingy.

In life, knowing what you suck at is more important than what you don’t suck at.

You suck at this.

Odie1941 on August 28, 2012 at 8:44 PM

avgjo on August 28, 2012 at 8:41 PM

If you hadn’t started smoking the chronic in your youth you may have actully reached (avg) status. However……

Rio Linda Refugee on August 28, 2012 at 8:45 PM

John the Libertarian on August 28, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Yup, I only flip to FOX every now and then. Been watching all day on CSPAN. Rarely come over to this channel, but its being done SO much better here. Not only is it gavel-to-gavel coverage…but the audio and video are better than what they are showing over on FOX. Makes me sad. :(

Highlar on August 28, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Rio Linda Refugee

You can take ‘em out of Rio Linda, but you can’t take the Rio Linda out of ‘em.

avgjo on August 28, 2012 at 8:47 PM

s/b actually
(I smoked at a young age myself)

Rio Linda Refugee on August 28, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Very good show tonight … appreciate watching without talking heads, although Neil Cavuto’s pretty fun to click to once in awhile. (FNB)

Looks like Scott Walker is NEXT !

Gov Bob McDonnell, atm.

pambi on August 28, 2012 at 8:47 PM

You can take ‘em out of Rio Linda, but you can’t take the Rio Linda out of ‘em.

avgjo on August 28, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Damn straits, boy!

Rio Linda Refugee on August 28, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Voter from WA State on August 28, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Romney does not represent any significant policy change from Obama. You think Romney is going to close Gitmo? End the wars? Think he’ll end the war against Iran? Syria? You think Romney is going to slash spending? You think he’ll be the first president in at least 200 years to uphold the Constitution?

Dante on August 28, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Wow the paultards are losing it.

wargamer6 on August 28, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Winning a split decision = he whipped him. Losing a unanimous decision = he was robbed.

Of course.

As that has nothing to do with his brilliance in the boxing ring, you may continue to leave that out.

Carry on now brave “conservative”

Odie1941 on August 28, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Ah, the you can’t be a conservative and think he was a brilliant fighter at the same time argument.

Your mighty fine ad hominem reveals you’ve been knocked out, Mr. Norton.

You may keep it.

rukiddingme on August 28, 2012 at 8:50 PM

As small bizz owners ourselves, those “I built that” videos tend to leave me with a lump in my throat and a wet eye or two.

pambi on August 28, 2012 at 8:51 PM

You suck at this.

Odie1941 on August 28, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I’m stealing that.

Also, those of us who know what we suck at either try to get better or at least don’t advertise the fact.

arnold ziffel on August 28, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Rio Linda Refugee on August 28, 2012 at 8:36 PM

And Reagan would deserve to be hammered.

From a 1987 piece by Murray Rothbard:

“How well did Reagan succeed in cutting government spending, surely a critical ingredient in any plan to reduce the role of government in everyone’s life? In 1980, the last year of free-spending Jimmy Carter the federal government spent $591 billion. In 1986, the last recorded year of the Reagan administration, the federal government spent $990 billion, an increase of 68%. Whatever this is, it is emphatically not reducing government expenditures.”

“But even taking these percentages of GNP figures, we get federal spending as percent of GNP in 1980 as 21.6%, and after six years of Reagan, 24.3%. A better comparison would be percentage of federal spending to net private product, that is, production of the private sector. That percentage was 31.1% in 1980, and a shocking 34.3% in 1986. So even using percentages, the Reagan administration has brought us a substantial increase in government spending.”

“The next, and admittedly the most embarrassing, failure of Reaganomic goals is the deficit. Jimmy Carter habitually ran deficits of $40-50 billion and, by the end, up to $74 billion; but by 1984, when Reagan had promised to achieve a balanced budget, the deficit had settled down comfortably to about $200 billion, a level that seems to be permanent, despite desperate attempts to cook the figures in one-shot reductions.”

The Myth of Reaganomics

Reagan added 230,000 civilian jobs to the government payrolls. That’s growing government. Reagan gratned amensty, and Reagan strongly embraced an interventionist foreign policy.

Damn straight he would get hammered.

Dante on August 28, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Dante on August 28, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Look, a devout in his native habitat. Here he is alienating everyone, and yet he still wonders why people like him don’t win elections.

nobar on August 28, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Damn straight he would get hammered.

Dante on August 28, 2012 at 8:53 PM

waaa waaa ron paul didn’t win waa waa

wargamer6 on August 28, 2012 at 8:55 PM

avgjo on August 28, 2012 at 8:16 PM

You guessed wrong! Then again, you don’t appear to be much of a guesser.

I’ll probably not utter another word from now to election day about Romney. THEN I’ll chime in…

avgjo on August 28, 2012 at 7:49 PM

avgjo on August 28, 2012 at 8:02 PM
avgjo on August 28, 2012 at 8:18 PM
avgjo on August 28, 2012 at 8:41 PM
avgjo on August 28, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I rest my case!

Benedict Nelson on August 28, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Dante on August 28, 2012 at 8:53 PM

How about a one ticket to Venezuela? Cuba?

Your choice.

JPeterman on August 28, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Here’s SCOTT !

pambi on August 28, 2012 at 8:58 PM

pambi on August 28, 2012 at 8:51 PM

I’m not even a business owner, and they do the same to me. They are perfect midpoints to the evenings theme “WE BUILT IT!”

Wow…look at the reception for Scott Walker!!! Pretty amazing! :)

Highlar on August 28, 2012 at 8:58 PM

WALKER!

annoyinglittletwerp on August 28, 2012 at 8:58 PM

rukiddingme on August 28, 2012 at 8:50 PM

You clearly never watched any of the fights – but hat tip to Wiki – and if 5 losses is “brilliant” – good luck with that. Out of 61 wins, 37 by KO… And Chuck “the Bayone Brawler” knocked his ass down, in between labor jobs. Oh wait, that was excuse #24 for “not in his prime”

Ali was a trash talking, race baiting, draft dodging POS who enjoyed the brand to “win” over his actual performances. The 70+ club of liberal “sports writers” who revere this POS are the same ones who drove boxing to the ground. Style over substance.

So quote this “great” man away.

Odie1941 on August 28, 2012 at 9:00 PM

They should have had Jar Jar Binks count the delegates.

CrustyB on August 28, 2012 at 9:01 PM

How about a one ticket to Venezuela? Cuba?

Your choice.

JPeterman on August 28, 2012 at 8:56 PM

For you? Venezuela. Where should I mail your ticket?

Dante on August 28, 2012 at 9:02 PM

pambi on August 28, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Yes, enjoy the fantasy of victimization. It’s good to see the media arm of the RNC set the wheels in motion.

bayam on August 28, 2012 at 9:03 PM

For you? Venezuela. Where should I mail your ticket?

Dante on August 28, 2012 at 9:02 PM

I made a choice to immigrate to this country because of all of the opportunities. You, on the other hand, have not one favorable thing to say about this great country.

I don’t understand why you don’t leave.

JPeterman on August 28, 2012 at 9:05 PM

enjoy the fantasy of victimization.

O M G
Like you know what’s in our hearts.
Idjit.

pambi on August 28, 2012 at 9:06 PM

bayam on August 28, 2012 at 9:03 PM

If you think I’m going to believe Bob Beckel on much of ANYTHING then you are going to have to be waiting a long long time. Beckel swallows and regurgitates the liberal talking points CONSTANTLY on The Five at Five. He’s their token Democrat for a reason: he is totally wallowed in the liberal media and ideals.

Highlar on August 28, 2012 at 9:07 PM

none of this that Romney is the same as Obama. That is just flat stupid.

Voter from WA State on August 28, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Yeah, they sure are totally different. You’re delusional.

mythicknight on August 28, 2012 at 9:08 PM