Palin: Time to give Romney a shot

posted at 12:41 pm on August 27, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

This is one clip it pays to watch to the very end.  Sarah Palin appeared on Fox Saturday evening to talk about the Tea Party and challenge the Republican Party to stick to its platform ideals, warning at one point that the GOP could go the way of the Whigs if they don’t respond to the will of the voters.  She also took questions from Twitter, including one which asked whether she’d run for Governor in Alaska again. (Answer: She’d rather work on policy to unlock Alaska’s natural resources.)  But it’s near the seven-minute mark when Palin expresses frustration when a viewer asks if it isn’t better not to vote when one doesn’t like either candidate (via the Sarah Palin Journal):

PALIN: No no no no!  Please go vote!  Let me ask you — man, do me a favor.  If this go-around you don’t know who you dislike more or like more, Romney or Obama — this go-around, give Romney a shot.  We don’t want to repeat the failed policies of President Obama.  That’s insanity, to repeat the same failures over and over again and expect a different result.  Obama has proven himself that he doesn’t get it, he doesn’t get the free market, he doesn’t get American exceptionalism, and he won’t work toward that American exceptionalism.  He had his chance — no hard feelings, thank you for your service, Mr. Obama.  This go-around, though, let’s give Romney that chance.

This is an excellent answer for those Romney skeptics who still believe that sitting out the presidential race will work out as a positive action.  Like most general elections, this race is a binary choice rather than a wish-list selection.  The two men who can win this race are Barack Obama and Mitt Romney.  Any potential Romney voters that don’t cast a vote strengthen Obama’s chances for re-election.  That is why Obama has spent the summer trying to toxify Romney with independents and conservatives — in order to depress turnout on the Right.  After the conventions are over, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Team Obama start raising Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson’s profile as another distraction on the Right, especially if Romney gets a big polling boost out of the next fortnight.

Palin obviously isn’t passionate about Mitt Romney as a GOP nominee, which surprises no one.  But she does see the practical issue of the election in clear precision.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

astonerii on August 27, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Weren’t you a Newt supporter? Gov. Romney was nowhere near the top of my list. I respect your determination to vote as your conscience determines but I don’t think it advances your goal.

Cindy Munford on August 27, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Dongemaharu on August 27, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Yes, it has much to do with the fact that Obama is historical.

Cindy Munford on August 27, 2012 at 2:26 PM

You are trying to tie me to Obama when you have not a single tiny little itty bitty bit of evidence.

astonerii on August 27, 2012 at 2:20 PM

No evidence?

I will actively vote Obama and get my family to join me if the nominee is Romney. While it would be nice to get a better job between 2013 and 2017, I am willing to wait.

astonerii on January 30, 2012 at 2:52 PM

JPeterman on August 27, 2012 at 2:27 PM

By the way, I’m just curious, before Obama, I really can’t remember any of these “nice guy” and “thank you for our service” type prefaces towards Dem presidents or candidates. Has it really been going on or are people doing this because, you know…..Obama….doesn’t look like the presidents on the currency?

Dongemaharu on August 27, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I think you’re right. It certainly wasn’t said about John Kerry. I’m sure that has a lot to do with Obama himself and being afraid the race card will be played.

changer1701 on August 27, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Yes, it has much to do with the fact that Obama is hysterical.

Cindy Munford on August 27, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I so read this in your comment…

alwaysfiredup on August 27, 2012 at 2:27 PM

astonerii on January 30, 2012 at 2:52 PM

So you will proudly be voting for a communist.

Communist Party USA Endorses Barack Obama and Democrats For 2012 Election

That’s good to know and will validate the disgust and derision that you are sure to receive on this site.

Flora Duh on August 27, 2012 at 2:28 PM

alwaysfiredup on August 27, 2012 at 2:27 PM

He’ll be funnier when he’s gone.

Cindy Munford on August 27, 2012 at 2:29 PM

So, Palin is going to be in Arizona today. Is she going to pop up in Tampa before the week is over?

Still nothing about what is going to be happening at the space SarahPAC has rented there.

I wonder what is in store.

Brian1972 on August 27, 2012 at 2:29 PM

I could frankly care less if Mrs. Palin supports Romney-Ryan. The fact is this current Republican ticket is much better than the last. It contains two likable candidates steeped in the issues and laden with experience that shows their solutions are achievable and will help take our country in a new direction. That is what AMERICA needs.

Marcus Traianus on August 27, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Romney, keep the good parts of Obasmacare and get rid of the bad parts. Good part is the part where the government can force you to buy a product from the market or face a fine.
Ryan, instead of moving America to a sustainable future, he prognosticates that the country could not possibly hit a balanced budget in the next two generations.

astonerii on August 27, 2012 at 2:29 PM

JPeterman on August 27, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Oops!

Cindy Munford on August 27, 2012 at 2:29 PM

astonerii on August 27, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Only with the help of Congress.

Cindy Munford on August 27, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Romney and the GOP have done nothing but trash this woman way back before the first vote was ever casted in the 2008 election and she still looks the other way and tells us to vote for this flip-flopping liar. Country first.

Some people will vote for Romney because of Ryan. Ryan the man that is so insider it is laughable. Ryan 14 years in the House. The House that has seen our national debt grew over 10 trillion. That makes Ryan the man of the hour. The man that voted for everything that Bush wanted. The Bush 8 years that gave us 4 trillion in debt. You just can’t make this stuff up.

Gov. Palin didn’t have to go on the TV and say this.

She could stay off the TV until after the election is over and than tell us why Romney and all his rich banker backers and Bush lite lost the election to Obama.

I still can’t believe that a dem is the nominee for the republican party.

But you know the funny thing about this, Romney is saying everything you want him to say with his new boy toy.

Romney is saying stuff that he has never done or cared to do and you think he will do them.

Don’t blame Romney he knows that money talks and money will wash away all of his failures and money will continue to put liars in both parties in power. 10 million from donors and 100 million from the WH. You can’t beat 10 million and the return is 100 million.

This was the one election where everything was lined up to elect someone that was truely for ‘We the People’ and you aholes blew it. It is over.

You just can’t make this stuff up.

oldyeller on August 27, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Only with the help of Congress.

Cindy Munford on August 27, 2012 at 2:30 PM

He is a dead ender. And wants to take the country down with him.

cozmo on August 27, 2012 at 2:34 PM

I like Mrs. Palin. … I just frankly believe she sometimes wanders out of her depth, overestimates her influence and uses language which indicates absolutes or ultimatums and therefore presents a precondition for her support.

Marcus Traianus on August 27, 2012 at 2:17 PM

If she overestimated her influence, she’d be running third party. She’s not. Palin is asking people to vote. “Please go vote!” If this rubs people the wrong way, then what-f******g-ever.

Yes, it has much to do with the fact that Obama is historical.

Cindy Munford on August 27, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Actually, he’s only half historical.

Dongemaharu on August 27, 2012 at 2:35 PM

astonerii on January 30, 2012 at 2:52 PM

JPeterman on August 27, 2012 at 2:27 PM

LOL that’s gonna leave a mark.

tdpwells on August 27, 2012 at 2:35 PM

PALIN: No no no no! Please go vote! Let me ask you — man, do me a favor. If this go-around you don’t know who you dislike more or like more, Romney or Obama — this go-around, give Romney a shot. We don’t want to repeat the failed policies of President Obama. That’s insanity, to repeat the same failures over and over again and expect a different result. Obama has proven himself that he doesn’t get it, he doesn’t get the free market, he doesn’t get American exceptionalism, and he won’t work toward that American exceptionalism. He had his chance — no hard feelings, thank you for your service, Mr. Obama. This go-around, though, let’s give Romney that chance.

Classic Palin light a fire under the rinos ass but don’t ever give in to a commie.She has the firing order correct;first take out the commies and then go after the Rinos.It’s the Tea Party way!
I salute Sarah Palin and support her 110% of the way.

rodguy911 on August 27, 2012 at 2:36 PM

I am really tired of the nutcase ignoramus’ sppouting the BS that both parties ate bad, both ovrspend, oth hate wymen, both etc. I am tred of the paulistias and the libertarian johnsons supporters destroying any rational discussion at HA. If you, in your worst drunken delusional moment, think that both parties are the same, you are like all the moral equivalency people that think that politics are equal, everybody does it, that it is just punishment not to vote for the politician who agrees with you 70% as oppposed to voting for the politician who disagrees with you 100% and is going to try to kill youif he wins.

The rest of you paulistas (republicans) and gary johnsons (not republicans) after this election, start your own party or join the libertarians. Leave the rest of us alone. Johnson will never be the repub candidate as will paul. Live with it and leave the rest of us alone. Your asinine comments do not add to the discussion.

Old Country Boy on August 27, 2012 at 2:40 PM

astonerii on January 30, 2012 at 2:52 PM

JPeterman on August 27, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Yeah, that ties me TO obama? LOL, nope, it ties me to a distrust and dislike of Romney. You really have nothing do you? Just an absolute desire to attack anyone that does not support your chosen saviour.

astonerii on August 27, 2012 at 2:40 PM

astonerii on January 30, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Yeah, that ties me TO obama?
astonerii on August 27, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Without a doubt.

cozmo on August 27, 2012 at 2:42 PM

a single tiny little itty bitty bit

astonerii on August 27, 2012 at 2:20 PM

astonerii on January 30, 2012 at 2:52 PM

JPeterman on August 27, 2012 at 2:27 PM

It’s probably the swad wittle expwession that makes that so extra special.

Axe on August 27, 2012 at 2:42 PM

LOL that’s gonna leave a mark.

tdpwells on August 27, 2012 at 2:35 PM

It will, my family is large. I have 13 aunts and uncles. Then again, I have since drawn back a bit and have decided not to vote this year, so far. Feel free to make me change my mind with your continued attacks… Oh, and we live in swing states too…

astonerii on August 27, 2012 at 2:43 PM

alwaysfiredup on August 27, 2012 at 2:19 PM

And it starts. I could say Mrs. Palin’s work on fiscal matters and energy policy as governor seemed to be he strong suits. She simply never really clearly vocalized her mastery of those subjects in any tangible way to voters. I am guessing you don’t challenge and of the other assertions I made since there were no facts presented- only emotions.

idesign on August 27, 2012 at 2:21 PM

This is your contribution to factual, honest debate? Perhaps you should find something else to do that merits more than just a pass-by, pedestrian comment? I wasn’t always a fan of Mr. Romney’s. But I actually read his proposals and talked to people that knew him. That’s how on makes an informed decision. Something you should perhaps become acquainted with.

astonerii on August 27, 2012 at 2:29 PM

When an actual coherent, tangible thought is presented, I would be happy to respond should time permit. But right now it seems you are content with a smattering of intangible graffiti.

Marcus Traianus on August 27, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Without a doubt.

cozmo on August 27, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Then without a doubt Romney is a socialist. “My views are progressive”

Have fun!

Oh, Romney is also part of the group that wants to depopulate the earth, John Holdren ties.

We can play the game all you want.

Yup, must go to the extremist degree when making statements.

astonerii on August 27, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Marcus Traianus on August 27, 2012 at 2:46 PM

So I bet RomneyCare was the final factor…:)

idesign on August 27, 2012 at 2:52 PM

astonerii on August 27, 2012 at 2:43 PM

My continued attacks? Dude, that was my first comment in this thread.

Sorry, but saying you’ll vote for Obama absolutely ties you to him. No way around that. No matter how much I may dislike Romney, I would never vote for Obama. The fact that you would? Says more about you than it does about Romney.

tdpwells on August 27, 2012 at 2:53 PM

We can play the game all you want.

astonerii on August 27, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Only you ABR nutballs are playing a game.

Bless your heart, you want to be accepted by 0bama so bad you beg to be a useful idiot.

cozmo on August 27, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Palin always “hits the nail on the head”.

Even the trolls who post on Hot Air should be able to figure
this one out.

Amjean on August 27, 2012 at 2:57 PM

My continued attacks? Dude, that was my first comment in this thread.

tdpwells on August 27, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Does it? So donating to Planned parenthood definitly ties you to them? I would say it ties you to their goals, particularly those of the founder, does it not?

You are supporting a man on the Republican ticket that is more progressive than Bill Clinton!

astonerii on August 27, 2012 at 2:58 PM

astonerii on August 27, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Stop painting me as some Romney shill. I’ll vote for him because not voting isn’t ever an option for me, and the day I vote for Obama is the day I’m crowned supermodel of the world. Romney was not my first pick (or even my second or third), but I’ll take Romney/Ryan over an Obama unencumbered by another election any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

tdpwells on August 27, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Marcus Traianus on August 27, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I think you just described 99% of the blogosphere.

spiritof61 on August 27, 2012 at 3:02 PM

astonerii on August 27, 2012 at 2:58 PM

And you are supporting a president who leaves Clinton in the dust.

Are you gonna’ join Charlie Crist in slobbering over 0bama?

cozmo on August 27, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Too many people have fought and died giving us the right to vote that no one should even consider sitting out. Pick someone and vote for them after asking yourself if you are better off after 4 years of Obamanation and want 4 more years of the same or worse.

Kissmygrits on August 27, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Are you gonna’ join Charlie Crist in slobbering over 0bama?

cozmo on August 27, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Not if the rumors about Crist are true. **wink, wink**

JPeterman on August 27, 2012 at 3:05 PM

idesign on August 27, 2012 at 2:52 PM

I won’t try to defend Mr. Romney’s healthcare proposals as governor because I disagree with most of them. What I will say is they were developed by consensus (both government and industry) in a blue state, passed with very large majorities of both parties and were extraordinarily popular with voters at the time.

I believe he felt it was right for Massachusetts and also has clearly stated it is NOT right for our country at a federal level.

True to Mr. Romney’s personality, I also believe he learned from that experience and applied those lessons to his current Presidential proposal. That’s his history and reputation in business as well. Someone who thinks through the best way to approach challenges, leverages all available expertise, learns from past mistakes and develops the best solution for the people he is serving.

I believe we could use a President with that type of expertise and humility IMVHO.

Marcus Traianus on August 27, 2012 at 3:05 PM

astonerii on January 30, 2012 at 2:52 PM

JPeterman on August 27, 2012 at 2:27 PM

astonerii on August 27, 2012 at 2:40 PM

I do not have a mask. I do hide behind fake statements. I say what I mean and I mean what I say. I do not tiptoe around the meaning of words and sugarcoat the bitter truth. I do not follow other people’s lead because that is the current popular trend.

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Flora Duh on August 27, 2012 at 3:06 PM

I wonder what is in store.

Brian1972 on August 27, 2012 at 2:29 PM

According to her site there is no space rented by SarahPAC.

katiejane on August 27, 2012 at 3:06 PM

I wonder what is in store.

Brian1972 on August 27, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Probably nothing. Just another false rumor for her flock to get excited about just so they can be let down again. They love being played. They’ll be wandering around the streets of Tampa in the storm searching for her and calling out her name while punching themselves and blubbering about the establishment.

Meow on August 27, 2012 at 3:08 PM

tdpwells on August 27, 2012 at 3:02 PM

I will paint you the way you paint me. You want to argue I am an Obamabot, just because I will protest vote AGAINST Romney? Well, you are voting FOR Romney, so suck up your own dishing and get over it, or admit you are wrong and move the hell on.

You know what it is when you meet the enemy exremist halfway? And then again, and then again? It is empowerment of the enemy. I am done with supporting that activity in the Republican party.

George Senior raising taxes, Junior increasing the welfare state, Romney creating Romneycare and blueprinting Obamacare, Ryan offering to sustain the welfare state for at least another two generations.

I think the founders of this great nation could have held out longer, you know their moaning and complaining was about less than a 1% tax! Seriously, go back and check the records. All those impositions of the British were tiny compared to the impositions that the Republican party has laid upon the backs of Americans in the last 24 years.

Those who would give up liberty for…

The truth is both parties suck, but one party is more likely to bring the nation to the point of a come to jesus point quicker (while I am alive) than the other, and I think I would rather let the thing go down while I am alive rather than put the burden on future generations. Like you would rather do.

astonerii on August 27, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Palin always “hits the nail on the head”.

Amjean on August 27, 2012 at 2:57 PM

I agree.

INC on August 27, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Dongemaharu on August 27, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Absolutely. the affirmative action loser-in-chief has gotten where he is entirely on white guilt. Instead of pretending he’s a “nice guy” though (McCain 2012 approach that Palin is channeling in this clip), the right approach is to ridicule him mercilessly and attack him on all fronts. Romney’s doing better with this lately with the birth certificate joke. When the media whines and plays the race card, attack him harder.

sauldalinsky on August 27, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Meow on August 27, 2012 at 3:08 PM

The only people wandering the streets of Tampa blubbering are the Code Pink biatches with their giant plastic vagin*s.

What happened, you miss the bus?

Flora Duh on August 27, 2012 at 3:18 PM

I’ll also say that Governor Palin has shown more loyalty to the Republican ticket than Romney’s henchman, Kevin Madden, did in 2008, when he talked her down less than a week before the election. Madden didn’t care that his words helped Obama.

INC on August 27, 2012 at 3:20 PM

astonerii on August 27, 2012 at 2:20 PM

No evidence?

astonerii on January 30, 2012 at 2:52 PM

JPeterman on August 27, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Wow,another Hot Air member with a long memory. Some people just do not understand that once posted, one’s thoughts and words are out there until the big internet earthquake crash or the rapture.

PrettyD_Vicious on August 27, 2012 at 3:23 PM

INC on August 27, 2012 at 3:20 PM

And I don’t doubt that it was with Romney’s blessing.

idesign on August 27, 2012 at 3:24 PM

You just can’t make this stuff up.

oldyeller on August 27, 2012 at 2:33 PM

And you’ll go out and vote for some laughable third-party, which just helps d’ohbama…or you’ll vote outright for d’ohbama “just to teach us-who-aren’t-conservative-enough a lesson by giving him a free-rein second term.

And we’re the aholes?! You’d better pull your head out of yours.

Solaratov on August 27, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Yup. I bet you were really impressed when you found out that Mitt’s people sat down with Obama’s Health Care Staff and filled them on how mandates are supposed to work.

And now you’re peddling the fiction that Palin is part of the problem?

Please stop, okay? Palin goes on FNC and gives a very sober, rationalist reason for an undecided voter to go to the polls and vote and all you Romney people can do is bitch about how stupid she is.

When Governor Marmalarde fails to repeal Obamacare and gives a host of bullsh*t excuses for not doing so, please promise us in advance that you won’t be on here posting bullsh*t rationalizations for yet another Sellout to the Democrats and the Media by yet another Sellout Rinotard Squishbot Administration.

Mark this down: Palin has kept her distance from Romney for a reason. Romney may win, but what goes up, will surely come crashing down.

At some point, the Conservative Movement will pay for having accepted this guy’s Thirty Pieces of Establishment Silver. See, “Paul, Ron” in Oxford’s English Dictionary.

Like most here on this board, I happen to believe that the country is in the mood to change Presidents. Romney will happen to be on the receiving end of that good fortune, I suspect. But he’s not a conservative, and never has been. He’s his father’s son, and his father, George, hated Goldwater and had no time for Reagan.

This notion that Romney is some sort of conservative savior is one that needs to be dismissed out of hand. Romney deserves our support, but in the spirit of Palin’s endorsement, “Trust but verify”.

victor82 on August 27, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Romney’s doing better with this lately with the birth certificate joke.
sauldalinsky on August 27, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Fixed it for me. Hadn’t read the other threads. Looks like Romney’s going to follow the McCain plan with the Obama’s a “nice guy”… don’t be scared of him routine for the Convention.

Hope he flip flops on that strategy again before the election.

Romney: GOP convention theme against Obama will be “nice guy, failed President”
posted at 10:41 am on August 27, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

sauldalinsky on August 27, 2012 at 3:26 PM

INC on August 27, 2012 at 3:20 PM

But somehow all that trashing of Palin by Romney minions isn’t supposed to matter now when it’s SO IMPORTANT that Obama not get relected. Like we didn’t know that it wasn’t a good idea to elect Obama last cycle? /s

katiejane on August 27, 2012 at 3:27 PM

astonerii on August 27, 2012 at 2:40 PM

And it’s evident that you’ve chosen your savior.

And it’s blatantly evident that you are perfectly willing to see America destroyed because you’re in a snit.
Insufferable, spoiled little brat.

Solaratov on August 27, 2012 at 3:31 PM

I still blame our do nothing Congress that has 10,000 staff members who do the grunt work for the elected ones. Did you vote for any of the 10,000? I didn’t think so. My source:

mixplix on August 27, 2012 at 3:31 PM

astonerii on August 27, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Marcus Traianus on August 27, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I just realized what these raving Dems remind me of. You know those railroad cars you see going by with graffiti all over them, but so stylized you can’t read it?

That’s Dems. You know they’re saying something but you can never figure out what.

creeper on August 27, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Read the entire thread, nutball. You are the only person who I have seen bash Breitbart.

JPeterman on August 27, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Yeah, he deserved it, and still does. He brought the enemy into the tent. Unlike some people, I am able to separate the actions of people and determine good actions and bad actions. Breitbart screwed up, if I remember correctly, he eventually recanted, but not before the damage was done. He became the useful idiot of the progressives for that period. The thing he failed to do was appologise to people like me who he attacked relentlessly while he was bringing the enemy into the tent.

I do not deify people like you do. Not even Reagan or Palin. I do not automatically consider people who did good things in the past to be doing good things at the moment. Same goes for people who do bad things, I do not automatically figure they are up to no good. I evaluate things on a one at a time basis, but I do use judgement based on past performance to start my review of the facts.

People say Ryan is a conservative. Ok, great, lets look at the record. Progressive policy here, there, there, said a couple conservative things here, but then caved and voted for the progressive activity, put out a plan to balance the budget. 2040? 2050? 2 generations from now? Seriously? Well, when do we get back to say 20.1% spending levels similar to what we had before George Bush tanked the economy? (Yes George W Bush did do that!) 2030? The Ryan plan is going to keep taxes within historical norms of around 18% right? No? He really thinks for the next 40 years we can collect 20% taxes to pay for the welfare state? Sorry, in the end Ryan does not demonstrate conservative credentials. Just another progressive Republican masquerading as something he is not…

Actions mean something. Breitbart took an action, he gets ju8dged on it, not the other things he did. It was defining for me. It showed his true colors. He had already told you what they were… He was not a conservative, his only motive was to attack the media, not liberalism, but because the media was liberal, it sometimes came out heavily on our side…

astonerii on August 27, 2012 at 3:36 PM

breathing a sigh of relief that Sarah isn’t at the convention, and still gives mitt only faint praise.

Palin 2016

renalin on August 27, 2012 at 1:58 PM

I agree if only from the standpoint that since she didn’t run, and isn’t at the convention, she can later put pressure on the GOP to stay the course on the conservative message… and if not, act as the boogey man in 2016 to straighten them out.

For someone that so many people slam, she always seems several steps ahead of everyone else. I was very disappointed with her not running this year… but actually, I’d say she is in very good position to keep the GOP on the straight track if they want to stay through 2016.

I have to admit, that I didn’t even think that far ahead.

(And yes, I’m sure I’ll get slammed for these comments, but I don’t care… I’m used to it.)

dominigan on August 27, 2012 at 3:39 PM

There are two choices this election. One of only two men will be the President for the next four years, no one else.

If you choose not to vote for Romney, you are in effect voting to reelect Obama. As long as you accept that fact, it’s your vote and your choice.

To claim you are doing anything else BUT helping elect Obama leaves you in denial, but doesn’t change a thing.

Adjoran on August 27, 2012 at 3:40 PM

INC on August 27, 2012 at 3:20 PM

I’d say that Governor Palin has shown more loyalty to the GOP than they warrant.

dominigan on August 27, 2012 at 3:42 PM

And it’s evident that you’ve chosen your savior.

Insufferable, spoiled little brat.

Solaratov on August 27, 2012 at 3:31 PM

As I see it, you are perfectly happy to see America fail, and like so many Americans, the only concern you really have is that it not fail and ruin your vacation plans or shopping trip. You call me a spoiled brat for being willing to face the consequences of the actions of our time. 16 trillion in Debt, and you can blame Obama all you want, but without George W Bush and Ryan enabling the welfare state and allowing the government to continue to super pump a housing bubble, we would not be in this position.

Show me a plan that brings the nation’s budget to balance by 2020 with reasonable numbers, and I will support that plan and those who support it. But when the best you can do is balance it sometime long after your dead, on paper, using rosey scenarios, I would rather bring the consequences closer to those who caused them rather than further away.

You call yourself a conservative… I see no evidence.

astonerii on August 27, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Flora Duh on August 27, 2012 at 3:18 PM

So you have a date good because I’m married thank you.

Meow on August 27, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Adjoran on August 27, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Yeah, I see a progressive liberal Republican party as a bigger threat to the nation than say 4 more years of nuetered Obama with a conservative opposition party around to work towards undoing the damage.

Of course supporting Romney means that you support the continued dilution of the conservative nature of the Republican party and thus are supporting the goals of the progressives. Europe has party systems where there are two progressive parties in power. Works wonders for them.

With no opposition party, I wonder where the next goal post of the progressives will be, and how far the non opposition party of the Republicans will go towards those goals. Meet them halfway as a starter and proceed to give up ground seems to be way it works.

So, who is supporting what here? If I do not vote Obama, I am supporting Obama, but if you vote Romney, then you are supporting the end goals (which progressively move further leftward) of Obama and the Democratic party.

It is all so confusing. Not supporting is supporting. Supporting is actually supporting the other side. Up is down, left is down, right is down. Oh my.

If you do not support my candidate, you are satan! That will bring them in line.

astonerii on August 27, 2012 at 3:55 PM

So you have a date good because I’m married thank you.

Meow on August 27, 2012 at 3:46 PM

We pity your poor husband..:)

Did he get his tetanus shots?

idesign on August 27, 2012 at 3:56 PM

dominigan on August 27, 2012 at 3:42 PM

That pretty much goes without saying, but she’s still country first.

INC on August 27, 2012 at 3:57 PM

oldyeller on August 27, 2012 at 2:33 PM

In fact, I doubt you can find a single word Romney ever said against Palin, even this year when she all but came out for anybody-but-Romney. But, the doddering musings of a fool seldom match up with reality.

I am beginning to understand why it was necessary to put you down in the movie.

Adjoran on August 27, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Adjoran on August 27, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Actually it doesn’t matter if HE said anyting when he has supporters and campaign people to do the trashing. If he didn’t agree seems like he would be capable of stifling it. What is done in his name reflects upon him.

katiejane on August 27, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Sarah is the Democrats’ best friend. Her, Aikin, Pat Robertson, George Bush, etc. Any appearance by any one of them causes independents to pull the lever for a D. Romney was very wise on keeping her out of Tampa. The Tammy Faye Baker of conservative politics.

ZippyZ on August 27, 2012 at 4:13 PM

I am beginning to understand why it was necessary to put you down in the movie.

Adjoran on August 27, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Romney is not that stupid to trash Palin directly, but I can find you surrogates who did.

We can start with Kevin Maddin..:)

idesign on August 27, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Since the 2008 election, she’s made it obvious that TARP and the auto bailouts were a bad move.

So only when it’s politically convenient she’s willing to stand on conservative principle. Good to know.

BradTank on August 27, 2012 at 4:16 PM

So you have a date good because I’m married thank you.

Meow on August 27, 2012 at 3:46 PM

So am I. And a woman. d’oh!

Flora Duh on August 27, 2012 at 4:17 PM

And now you’re peddling the fiction that Palin is part of the problem?

victor82 on August 27, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Makes sense to me. I do have a question. I know why I am a supporter of Palin – I am a conservative, so is she, Palin walks
the walk, is a reformer, has a stellar conservative record.

Why do the Mittbots support Romney? This is a serious question.
What about his record makes them all giddy?

I think he is going to be a better president than Obama, however,
“I’m from Missouri, show me!”. He talks all conservative now;
I can’t trust him to be conservative when he is president because he hasn’t shown it previously. However, I will wait and see.

Amjean on August 27, 2012 at 4:21 PM

BradTank on August 27, 2012 at 4:16 PM

You mean like Ryan, when he ditched his budget principles for Romney’s? LOL

idesign on August 27, 2012 at 4:21 PM

You mean like Ryan, when he ditched his budget principles for Romney’s? LOL

No he hasn’t. Supporting other reform proposals in addition to your own isn’t ditching your principles.

I’d like to see our current tax code replaced with a national sales tax, but I would also support simplifying our current income tax code.

See how that works?

BradTank on August 27, 2012 at 4:26 PM

We can start with Kevin Maddin..:)

idesign on August 27, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Add Steve Schmidt and Nicolle Wallace who were Romney supporters on
McCain’s 2008 presidential campaign staff.

And what about Michelle Bachman who Romney encouraged to get in
the race to block Palin; her campaign manager slammed Palin, her
staff spread rumours about her in Iowa. BTW – Michelle has layed
low after (rightfully) questioning Hillary’s Muslim associate’s
family’s terrorist connections. What has Romney done for Bauchman
lately?

Romney runs an unethical campaign; what makes anyone think he will be an ethical president? The only thing he has going for him is
that he WILL be better than Obama. I fear only slightly better.

Amjean on August 27, 2012 at 4:28 PM

astonerii on January 30, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Yeah, that ties me TO obama?
astonerii on August 27, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Without a doubt.

cozmo on August 27, 2012 at 2:42 PM

————
Uhm, yes, it does…you will VOTE for him, and encourage OTHERS to vote for him. How are you not tied to him when you say you will GIVE HIM your vote??

ellifint on August 27, 2012 at 4:30 PM

See how that works?

BradTank on August 27, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Yea, I see how that works…

Your pretzel logic is comical..:)

idesign on August 27, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Plus, the DNC not allowing babies at their convention! How fitting is that?

John the Libertarian on August 27, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Do they have any? Sorry, couldn’t resist:-)

bluefox on August 27, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Marcus Traianus on August 27, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Who cares what you think of Mrs. Palin? The point is that she said it’s time to give Romney a shot. Focus on that. Endless arguments about her qualifications for various pursuits are completely irrelevant.

alwaysfiredup on August 27, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Fun Fact: Sarah Palin has a polar bear rug in her office. The bear isn’t dead, it’s just afraid to move.

Mr. Wednesday Night on August 27, 2012 at 1:24 PM

So glad I didn’t have a drink in my hand, LOL

bluefox on August 27, 2012 at 4:39 PM

JPeterman on August 27, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Bravo! Way to hang that lying assclown astonerii out.

rayra on August 27, 2012 at 4:40 PM

that he WILL be better than Obama. I fear only slightly better.

Amjean on August 27, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Put your liberal sunglasses down and learn a thing or two about the history of these two men. You are a clueless moron to say Romney is “only slightly” better than the communist in the WH.

You are clearly and willfully ignorant on that point, and I don’t care how entitled you are to you zombie ABR opinion –
Go work for MSNBS.

FlaMurph on August 27, 2012 at 4:46 PM

FlaMurph on August 27, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Maybe you should put down your RINO clown glasses first..:)

idesign on August 27, 2012 at 4:50 PM

BradTank on August 27, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I understand that Rep. Ryan’s beliefs on the abortion issue are more stringent than Gov. Romney’s, I understand their correction for the saving of Social Security are not the same nor the budget proposals. If I understand you correctly, Rep. Ryan should be publicly bringing those differences front and center.

Cindy Munford on August 27, 2012 at 4:53 PM

So you have a date good because I’m married thank you.

Meow on August 27, 2012 at 3:46 PM
So am I. And a woman. d’oh!

Flora Duh on August 27, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Yeah no kidding. Nice that Mr Duh doesn’t mind you out there oggling the code-pink taco stand. Hey to each his own. Have fun!

Meow on August 27, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Have I mentioned lately that I still love Palin?

Lanceman on August 27, 2012 at 5:07 PM

astonerii on January 30, 2012 at 2:52 PM
JPeterman on August 27, 2012 at 2:27 PM

astonerii on August 27, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Yes, voting for Obama ties you to Obama.

You call yourself a conservative… I see no evidence.

astonerii on August 27, 2012 at 3:45 PM

As I see it, you are perfectly happy to let America fail. Our debt has increased $5 trillion under Obama. If he is re-elected, it will probably increase by $6 trillion more. Will it be easier to reduce our debt by $16 trillion in 8 years or $22 trillion in 4 years?
Romney will increase the deficit less than Obama and hopefully will start to reduce it. Obama doesn’t even have the brains to include the interest payments in his budget proposals. At lease Romney understands business and spreadsheets. There is no hope of addressing the deficit if Obama is re-elected. We haven’t even had a budget in 4 years.

talkingpoints on August 27, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Go, Sarah!

Primaries are the time to vote for “purity”. General elections are strategic vote. Pick the best of the two!

Grace_is_sufficient on August 27, 2012 at 5:09 PM

I don’t remember Ryan renouncing any of his past policy beliefs once he got on the ticket. Do you?

My point is not to put Ryan on some pedestal, my point is that it’s ridiculous to make Palin some sort of arbitrator of who’s the “real” conservative or RINO an deciding who deserves support when she was just as bad as the RINOs she’s always railing against since she went along with bailing out the car companies and big banks.

It’s very easy to be on the sidelines and rail about ideological purity, but when she was actually put under pressure as an officeholder, she buckled her ideals in order to chase votes.

I would argue TARP one of the biggest contributing factors for why the Tea Party sprang up to battle “Establishment” Republicans, and Palin was part of the team that pushed TARP.

BradTank on August 27, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Palin obviously isn’t passionate about Mitt Romney as a GOP nominee, which surprises no one. But she does see the practical issue of the election in clear precision.

As usual, Mrs. Palin is spot on. We’re voting for breathing room and the chance to fight another day. We won’t get that with another Obama term as he’ll finish what he’s started.

kim roy on August 27, 2012 at 5:23 PM

ABRs/Saint Sarah worshipers hardest hit.

Alberta_Patriot on August 27, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Who? I could be considered a Saint Sarah worshipper AND have been arguing for Romney as a practical choice.

Sorry. Not hit here. Woman is, as usual, spot on.

kim roy on August 27, 2012 at 5:26 PM

You call yourself a conservative… I see no evidence.

astonerii on August 27, 2012 at 3:45 PM

LOL.

Cough up the plan then, Obamabot.

You insist there is a plan to do exactly that. Show it to us. Define it. Call it out. Produce reasonable, real numbers yourself.

What’s that? Oh, right, you want OTHER people to do that. You just want to sit and whine and complain and cry because you didn’t get your way and you’re going to collapse the country out of spite.

northdallasthirty on August 27, 2012 at 5:29 PM

There may be a problem with women at the d’s convention? Some gals are bent out of shape with this?

BTW, I don’t think a convention is a place for kids either.
L

letget on August 27, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Why would anyone want to bring children to a convention. Hours of lights, noise, boring adults yammering away. What a nightmare for a child who will be bored or in the case of a baby distressed in about 20 minutes and then cause nothing but problems and can you blame the kid?

How typically liberal. Not thinking about anything else but their own comfort and ease.

kim roy on August 27, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Nice guys–Black or White–don’t demand to kill helpless fully born babies.

You’ll get far more black votes if you just keep asking why the federal government is paying planned parenthood to kill black babies.

The GOP is still cowering under the left’s PC weapons. No wonder they are such losers.

Don L on August 27, 2012 at 5:32 PM

kim roy on August 27, 2012 at 5:31 PM

They think always of nature as perfect. My guess is they’re merely trying to imprint their offspring like salmon.

Don L on August 27, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Why would anyone want to bring children to a convention.

kim roy on August 27, 2012 at 5:31 PM

For a lib, when a child isn’t a burden, or a government check, it is a fashion accessory. Makes perfect sense to them to show it off for political points.

cozmo on August 27, 2012 at 5:35 PM

BradTank on August 27, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Hey Sparky…LOL

Video: Paul Ryan’s Passionate Defense of TARP

idesign on August 27, 2012 at 5:37 PM

ASTONERII = OBAMA plant to try and depress the Conservative vote? All I hear on the radio and TV is attempts by liberals to suggest Romney is the same as Obama or things wont improvde any with Romney/Paul.

Sounds like a bunch of Seminar callers, posters, etc.

Varchild on August 27, 2012 at 5:46 PM

You crack me up with that “seer” crap. 1 guess hardly makes me a “seer” …jerk.
As for saying Obama would win…Maybe I didn’t state that very well. I don’t put anything past Obama. He’s declared war on our way of life. as for my guess, I read somewhere (either here or Drudge) that Obama made a deal with the arabs…it’s been a while so don’t remember the particulars but that WAS the flavor of the article. Look, NOBODYS seriously vetted this clown. He’s thumbed his nose at the constitution at every opportunity and through executive order he’s violated it repeatedly. I am a Romney guy (actually Ryan)

Dannyp8262 on August 27, 2012 at 5:47 PM

To all the Sarah haters/mittbot’s who think we are robots and follow everything she says. Well, I’m Sarah’s biggest supporter and disagree with her, I could never vote for romneycare, he’s too liberal. I’ll leave the presidential vote blank.

See we don’t agree with Sarah on everything. I feel romneycare is slightly less liberal than obamacare. But only slightly!

Danielvito on August 27, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Danielvito on August 27, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Bless your heart, you try so hard little man.

cozmo on August 27, 2012 at 5:52 PM