Palin: Time to give Romney a shot

posted at 12:41 pm on August 27, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

This is one clip it pays to watch to the very end.  Sarah Palin appeared on Fox Saturday evening to talk about the Tea Party and challenge the Republican Party to stick to its platform ideals, warning at one point that the GOP could go the way of the Whigs if they don’t respond to the will of the voters.  She also took questions from Twitter, including one which asked whether she’d run for Governor in Alaska again. (Answer: She’d rather work on policy to unlock Alaska’s natural resources.)  But it’s near the seven-minute mark when Palin expresses frustration when a viewer asks if it isn’t better not to vote when one doesn’t like either candidate (via the Sarah Palin Journal):

PALIN: No no no no!  Please go vote!  Let me ask you — man, do me a favor.  If this go-around you don’t know who you dislike more or like more, Romney or Obama — this go-around, give Romney a shot.  We don’t want to repeat the failed policies of President Obama.  That’s insanity, to repeat the same failures over and over again and expect a different result.  Obama has proven himself that he doesn’t get it, he doesn’t get the free market, he doesn’t get American exceptionalism, and he won’t work toward that American exceptionalism.  He had his chance — no hard feelings, thank you for your service, Mr. Obama.  This go-around, though, let’s give Romney that chance.

This is an excellent answer for those Romney skeptics who still believe that sitting out the presidential race will work out as a positive action.  Like most general elections, this race is a binary choice rather than a wish-list selection.  The two men who can win this race are Barack Obama and Mitt Romney.  Any potential Romney voters that don’t cast a vote strengthen Obama’s chances for re-election.  That is why Obama has spent the summer trying to toxify Romney with independents and conservatives — in order to depress turnout on the Right.  After the conventions are over, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Team Obama start raising Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson’s profile as another distraction on the Right, especially if Romney gets a big polling boost out of the next fortnight.

Palin obviously isn’t passionate about Mitt Romney as a GOP nominee, which surprises no one.  But she does see the practical issue of the election in clear precision.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Dick Cheney style!

abobo on August 27, 2012 at 12:43 PM

ABRs/Saint Sarah worshipers hardest hit.

Alberta_Patriot on August 27, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Palin to be crucified for not singing Romney praises in 3…2…1…

MeatHeadinCA on August 27, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I love me some SP.

Romney isn’t perfect, but there is so much at stake.

If for no other reason, vote RR ’12 for the Supreme Court picks.

blatantblue on August 27, 2012 at 12:45 PM

The two men who can win this race are Barack Obama and Mitt Romney.

I’ve been told repeatedly in these comment threads that Gary Johnson is polling like eleventy-billion points ahead of both of these guys – so I don’t know where you’re getting your data from, Ed.

CycloneCDB on August 27, 2012 at 12:46 PM

She’s correct.

dczombie on August 27, 2012 at 12:47 PM

She’s probably only repeating what Huckabee told her to say. After all, he is the most important man in America.

Keyser-Soze on August 27, 2012 at 12:47 PM

WE don’t need her to be “passionate” about Romney. If she was, she’d just turn off most of her supporters. Much better to say “he’s not great, but, damn, he’s better than Obama, so please go out and vote for him.”

There’s a lot of people out there who aren’t going to believe that Romney’s the best choice (I’m one of them). Trying to tell them that is a losing game. Saying “he’s not the best, but he’s the best available”, is not a losing game.

Good on ya, Sarah!

Greg Q on August 27, 2012 at 12:47 PM

ABRs/Saint Sarah worshipers hardest hit.

Alberta_Patriot on August 27, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Excuse me?

ABRs and Sarah supporters are not necessarily the same thing.

Bitter Clinger on August 27, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Palin to be crucified for not singing endorsing Romney praises in 3…2…1…

MeatHeadinCA on August 27, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Corrected free of charge.

Steve “The Dr. Krauthammer of Hotgas” Angells carefully considered, nuanced analysis will be entertaining.

Alberta_Patriot on August 27, 2012 at 12:48 PM

I was never excited about Romney until he picked Ryan for VP. Suddenly it’s clear that he’s really running his campaign on a message of economic freedom, on restoring the free market and letting the private sector create jobs. And while he may not be a perfect conservative, he’s at least making a conservative case to the general public. That counts for a lot, in my book. If he was going to go soft on us, now would be the time to do it. By picking Ryan, he’s proven that he’s not.

Normally, I wouldn’t think the VP mattered that much, but in this case, I think it really solidifies Romney’s direction. And I like it.

Caiwyn on August 27, 2012 at 12:48 PM

ABRs/Saint Sarah worshipers hardest hit.

Alberta_Patriot on August 27, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Why Sarah worshippers…I NEVER had any doubt she’d back Romney. You not-Palinista‘s make like there’s a “cult” of Sarah…compare Paulbots and Palinista‘s and tell me about “Sarah Worshippers”…I must have missed the Sarah Counter-Rally in Tampa or how Sarah told folks if we’d have just listened to HER there’d have been no 9/11.

JFKY on August 27, 2012 at 12:48 PM

CycloneCDB on August 27, 2012 at 12:46 PM

It’s an upset in the making. He might break 3% somewhere!

lorien1973 on August 27, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Agree with Gov. Palin. If Obama is re-elected, the country is toast. This is a no-brainer.

If (When, I hope) Romney wins, then it’s phase II. First, let’s make Obama an OTP.

conservative pilgrim on August 27, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Excuse me?

ABRs and Sarah supporters are not necessarily the same thing.

Bitter Clinger on August 27, 2012 at 12:48 PM

I didn’t say they were. But a “Sarah supporter” is not the same thing as a “Saint Sarah worshipper”.

Alberta_Patriot on August 27, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Patriot

DBear on August 26, 2012 at 5:08 PM

rogerb on August 27, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Look, I still say she’s wrong. I am a HUGE Sarah Palin fan but Come ON!! Obama DOES get it! He understands fully about free markets and capitalism etc. HE IS AGAINST IT!! HE WANTS TO DESTROY IT!!! He came through on his campaign promise of change for sure! He just didn’t specify WHAT would change!! Also several months ago I predicted that gas prices would fall sharply in Oct. so he would take the credit and the election. What say you?

Dannyp8262 on August 27, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I love me some SP.

Romney isn’t perfect, but there is so much at stake.

If for no other reason, vote RR ’12 for the Supreme Court picks.

blatantblue on August 27, 2012 at 12:45 PM

This.

KMC1 on August 27, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Thanks Sarah Paul.

Roymunson on August 27, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Alberta_Patriot on August 27, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Well, I’m a huge supporter of hers. Does that make me a “worshipper”?

I was ABR during the primaries, but that’s ancient history now. It’s ABO time.

Bitter Clinger on August 27, 2012 at 12:51 PM

CycloneCDB on August 27, 2012 at 12:46 PM

HAHAAHAHHAH!! YEAH! GARY JOHNSON!!!!

ok, maybe not….BUT WE CAN STILL ROLL A FATTY, CAN’T WE??!!!

Floating Rock hardest hit!

ToddPA on August 27, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Man, I thought Atheist-pundit would be all over this interview.

Looks like Ed beat him/her to it!

LOL

Eph on August 27, 2012 at 12:52 PM

blatantblue on August 27, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Hey, where ya been? I love the new wedding photos. Your photography looks great.

conservative pilgrim on August 27, 2012 at 12:52 PM

GREAT answer. This is exactly how we should be looking at this election. Vote for Romney, even if you have to hold your nose, then keep his feet to the fire after he is elected.

rockmom on August 27, 2012 at 12:52 PM

#MartinetMemo (Math martinet instead of language this time.)
Ed did a good job of avoiding this trap, but invariably someone will fall into it:

Please don’t say “a no-vote (or 3d party vote) is a vote for Obama” because it isn’t. A person who opposes Obama but does not vote for Romney (either a 3d party or not at all) subtracts one vote from Romney’s total for his state. Someone who goes so far as to actually vote for Obama also adds a vote to Obama’s total.

So the most accurate way of putting it is to say that a 3d party or no vote is a half vote for Obama.

The Monster on August 27, 2012 at 12:53 PM

If anyone is on the fence, pick up a copy of “Crimes Against Liberty” by David Limbaugh. I started reading it to remind myself of everything Obama pulled in the first part of his administration. I was surprised at how much I had forgotten. Romney may not be everyone’s dream candidate, but the alternative is pure cancer.

Kataklysmic on August 27, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Corrected free of charge.

Alberta_Patriot on August 27, 2012 at 12:48 PM

That was an endorsement?

MeatHeadinCA on August 27, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Sarah Palin is looking too sinewy and emaciated. I hope she’s not falling for the endless “you need to lose a few pounds” mindset of women who appear frequently on TV.

Also, the new “monochromatic makeup” look is not doing her any favors.

Sarah, please gain 5 – 10 pounds, and don’t be afraid to use VIVID RED lipstick. It scares the opposition, like the blue woad of the Picts.

Then, and only then, will people pay attention to what you say. That’s reality.

Zombie on August 27, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Palin gets it. Either Romney or Obama will be the next President. The only way Obama has any chance is if he can convince enough people who would otherwise vote against him to stay home.

Mord on August 27, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Palin to be crucified for not singing Romney praises in 3…2…1…

MeatHeadinCA on August 27, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Taking the knife out of his back would be a minimum. She agrees with him on every issue. Yet she hates his guts. This seems impolitic to me.

Why anyone cares what Sarah Palin has to say is beyond me anyway. But they do. So yeah, she should be singing his praises.

The Romans crucified people. I doubt seriously that that punishment is being brought back this year.

If you start with hyperbole what do you expect in return?

petunia on August 27, 2012 at 12:56 PM

conservative pilgrim on August 27, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Workin at the winery is keeping me busy!

Hope summer has treated you wonderfully!

blatantblue on August 27, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Cuda!!!

great answer girlfriend

cmsinaz on August 27, 2012 at 12:57 PM

If you start with hyperbole what do you expect in return?

petunia on August 27, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Told ya… Anyway, petunia, I don’t think Sarah Palin agrees with Romney an Romneycare.

MeatHeadinCA on August 27, 2012 at 12:58 PM

On this issue I agree with Palin. Choosing not to vote is not going to help change the current abysmal state of the economy or the toxicity engulfing the social climate in this nation. Choosing not to vote not only accomplishes nothing, it actually helps the Democrats.

Ed’s assessment of the disadvantages of simply not voting are absolutely correct.

The left is desperate to try to keep the right away from the polls. They will resort to any nefarious, cheap, tawdry, means at their disposal to achieve that end.

Their own base is so disillusioned that many of them WILL be staying away from the polls. To counter the loss of votes, the LEFT is desperate to persuade potential R&R voters to stay home, too.

The LEFT, as usual, chooses to believe that conservatives and Republicans in general are foolish enough to fall for their tactics and engage in fighting with one another, rather than go about the business of electing a replacement for Obama.

thatsafactjack on August 27, 2012 at 12:58 PM

rockmom on August 27, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Yup, nice summary…..WAIT! I hear something.

All PDSERS: WHEN IS SHE GOING TO ENDORSE ROMNEY!!!!!!!!?????

ToddPA on August 27, 2012 at 12:58 PM

If you start with hyperbole what do you expect in return?

petunia on August 27, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Only from the EPA.

Steve Z on August 27, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Please do tell how you have acquired this information? Do you clean her huose, walk her dog, do her hair, tap her ‘phone?

JFKY on August 27, 2012 at 12:59 PM

OT: Talk about hardest hit, I guess disco’s really, really dead in the ‘Stan. This from Drudge.

..where “Stayin’ Alive” takes on new meaning.

The War Planner on August 27, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Wow! A+++ for projection!!!

ToddPA on August 27, 2012 at 1:00 PM

He had his chance — no hard feelings, thank you for your service, Mr. Obama. This go-around, though, let’s give Romney that chance.

Barack Obamuh, and those who voted him into office, are the most dangerous enemy that this country has ever known – because both are capable of cementing the filth and rot of Communism into the foundation of this country. The very core of this country is at risk, and at stake.

Thank him for his service? No hard feelings?

Are you fu&%ing kidding me?

OhEssYouCowboys on August 27, 2012 at 1:00 PM

B. . .bu. . .but. . .

GARY JOHNSON!!1!

RedNewEnglander on August 27, 2012 at 1:00 PM

The Monster on August 27, 2012 at 12:53 PM

But who does a no-vote benefit, assuming that vote generally goes to the GOP nominee? Obama, right? Romney’s down one total vote to Obama because of it.

I get what you’re saying but any vote that doesn’t go to Romney just helps Obama, period.

changer1701 on August 27, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Wow! A+++ for projection!!!

ToddPA on August 27, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Sorry, forgot to put the poster of this tripe.
…that would be PETUNIA.

ToddPA on August 27, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Sarah: right, as usual.

J.E. Dyer on August 27, 2012 at 1:02 PM

There may be a problem with women at the d’s convention? Some gals are bent out of shape with this?

BTW, I don’t think a convention is a place for kids either.
L

letget on August 27, 2012 at 1:02 PM

blatantblue on August 27, 2012 at 12:57 PM

That’s great! Sounds like life is treating you well.

conservative pilgrim on August 27, 2012 at 1:02 PM

2,000 comments or bust.

I bet Romney puts Palin in his administration (Perhaps energy?) just to watch heads explode in the media.

Swerve22 on August 27, 2012 at 1:04 PM

rockmom on August 27, 2012 at 12:52 PM

THIS!

As usual, this man nails it:

RedNewEnglander on August 27, 2012 at 1:04 PM

As a libertarian who voted for Ron Paul in the primary, I sincerely–on bended knee!–beg Republicans to GET OUT AND VOTE FOR ROMNEY/RYAN.

Geezus.

No matter how much you THINK you dislike Romney, the simple fact is, you will regret it if you don’t do all you can to get rid of Obama. If you get out and vote for Romney/Ryan, and you vote Republican down ticket, we may be able to get a bigger majority in the House, and perhaps get the Senate. With Romney/Ryan and a Republican Congress, we can actually undo some of Obama’s damage and set the course for this nation to survive and maybe someday even prosper again.

If Republicans and independents stay home, we are toast for more than a generation. The Supreme Court appointments alone will doom your way of life forever.

This is so important; I’m disheartened and in despair that I continue to see so-called “conservatives” taking this election so cavalierly, and thinking only of their own personal bitterness and resentment that Republicans elected Romney to be their nominee.

Get out and fight back; don’t let Obama win another term in office.

mountainaires on August 27, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Swerve22 on August 27, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Does that really sound like the Romney you are learning about?

MeatHeadinCA on August 27, 2012 at 1:05 PM

OhEssYouCowboys on August 27, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Relax. She’s being politic. Remember, the media would have a go at Romney over anything caustic she might say.

wolfsDad on August 27, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Getting too passionate about any politician is the road to heartbreak.
We are hiring them to do a job, not be our emotional crutch. No matter how much we like them, they will invariably do something with which we disagree. Then we can either:

1. Admit our disappointment and differences but still support, or

2. Refuse to acknowledge the object of our affections can ever make a mistake or take a position with which we disagree.

a capella on August 27, 2012 at 1:06 PM

mountainaires on August 27, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Thank you! I hope a vast vast number of pauls voters do the same as you are?
L

letget on August 27, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Palin: Time to give Romney a shot

From a lady used to hunt caribou from a chopper, the statement sounds positively scary. *ducks*

Archivarix on August 27, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Swerve22 on August 27, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Oh, Snap!

I love it.

mountainaires on August 27, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Dannyp8262 on August 27, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I say that you are like any “seer”, you make so many guesses one is bound to be right…let me see, the gas prices will either go up or down, so you had a 50% chance of being right, and since it’s just before the election, probably about a 75% of being right.

Hardly a stellar guess.

But the big one is you are saying Obama will win? Pal, you are on the losing end of that one.

And seeing as choosing the president for 4 years trumps the dips and spikes in a commodity, I would say you are a loser.

right2bright on August 27, 2012 at 1:08 PM

QOTD finalist

cmsinaz on August 27, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Sarah Palin is looking too sinewy and emaciated.
Zombie on August 27, 2012 at 12:54 PM

She runs. Perhaps you forgot the /

gh on August 27, 2012 at 1:09 PM

He had his chance — no hard feelings, thank you for your service, Mr. Obama.

Bless his heart.

This go-around, though, let’s give Romney that chance.

There’s no one like the Cuda. Without any deception, guile, manipulation, in one sentence she makes the most powerful case for Romney — Obama had his chance, we really need to try something different. (not to mention he’s a competent leader who turns businesses around) She’s always driven by principle, and thoughtful analysis, rather than emotion. And yet people think she’s stupid or crazy.

Paul-Cincy on August 27, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Sarah: right, as usual.

J.E. Dyer on August 27, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Yep. Heed her warning, GOP.

kingsjester on August 27, 2012 at 1:10 PM

rockmom on August 27, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Exactly…and Paul Ryan is the embers in wait…

right2bright on August 27, 2012 at 1:11 PM

That’s lousy advice, Sarah. Most of the disillusioned voters this time around are liberals. If too many of them sit out, Romney wins.

keep the change on August 27, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Plus, the DNC not allowing babies at their convention! How fitting is that?

John the Libertarian on August 27, 2012 at 1:11 PM

for those Romney skeptics who still believe that sitting out the presidential race will work out as a positive action. Like most general elections, this race is a binary choice rather than a wish-list selection. The two men who can win this race are Barack Obama and Mitt Romney. Any potential Romney voters that don’t cast a vote strengthen Obama’s chances for re-election. That is why Obama has spent the summer trying to toxify Romney with independents and conservatives — in order to depress turnout on the Right. After the conventions are over, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Team Obama start raising Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson’s profile as another distraction on the Right, especially if Romney gets a big polling boost out of the next fortnight

…H E L L O…!!!
H E L L O…!!!
……………….H E L L O…!!!!
….I know some idiots here that need to read this…!!!!!!!!
……….H E L L O…!!!

KOOLAID2 on August 27, 2012 at 1:11 PM

But she does see the practical issue of the election in clear precision.

Be finished voting for whatever progressive the party hands you — after exceptional Obama. Be finished being taken for granted by a party that ignores the principles you believe in — after exceptional Obama.

etc.

That’s not to take up any of the arguments. It’s just that these are strange days, and Obama is interested in strange things. Any feet that need to come down we can put down (and argue about putting down) after Obama.

IMO, disclaimer disclaimer disclaimer.

Axe on August 27, 2012 at 1:11 PM

I hear the pharasees screaming again about who are the better conservatives. I know that they don’t teach this any more in the government schools, but 1) Conservatives are those who do not want change for the sake of change, but accept or promulgate change if it is well thought out and intelligently enacted. 2) REACTIONARIES are those who never want change and want to go back to the bad old days, rationalized as the good old days. Let me see- who are the reactionaries here? Identify yourself.

Old Country Boy on August 27, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Today, Gallup, for the first time in days, shows a 1 point separation with Romney at 47 and Barry ay 46.

In contrast, Rasmussen showed a +3 Barry edge.

In the last 5 or 6 days, Gallup and Rasmussen have results that were opposite to each other.

bayview on August 27, 2012 at 1:12 PM

As usual, this man nails it:

RedNewEnglander on August 27, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Excellent link…short but poignant.

right2bright on August 27, 2012 at 1:13 PM

keep the change on August 27, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Here’s a Kleenex. Then, go cite your sources. Liberals only make up 21% of the voting population.

kingsjester on August 27, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Dannyp8262 on August 27, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I say you didn’t take Econ 101 either or you don’t understand how small the Strategic Petroleum Reserves is….

JFKY on August 27, 2012 at 1:13 PM

The Ryan pick seems to have galvanized Romney’s campaign. Prior to picking Ryan, Romney was campaigning on the theme that his business experience would enable him to turn the economy around. Now his running mate is a leader in Congress who has crunched the numbers and can explain exactly what needs to be done, and he is feeding Romney new ideas so Romney can go on offense with a positive program for the next four years, and take the focus off Bain Capital.

Ryan and Romney complement each other on the campaign trail, and Ryan’s message that ObamaCare has taken over $700 billion from Medicare has removed Romney’s weakness on the Social Security/health care issue, and turned it to a positive selling point for Romney.

For those diehards thinking of not voting because Romney isn’t conservative enough–he would be a MUCH better President than Obama. If you don’t vote for the solution (Romney, this year) you’re part of the problem.

Steve Z on August 27, 2012 at 1:14 PM

keep the change on August 27, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Wrong, listen again, she said give Mitt a chance…and if they do it’s a huge victory, and a huge mandate.

right2bright on August 27, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Steve Z on August 27, 2012 at 1:14 PM

He hasn’t shown to be a “solution” just a substitution…an alternative.

right2bright on August 27, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Mitt Romney is the more Communist of the two this year. He is the teacher Obama the student.

Steveangell on August 26, 2012 at 11:27 PM

I guess we should take advice from our very own HA nutball///

JPeterman on August 27, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Alberta_Patriot on August 27, 2012 at 12:49 PM

For Chrissakes, give the Palin-phobia a rest. We have other battles.

rrpjr on August 27, 2012 at 1:17 PM

2,000 comments or bust.

Swerve22 on August 27, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Heh. I made a prediction like that in a QOTD thread last week and I think the actual comments didn’t even get halfway to my call.
The takeaway: I really overestimated the community’s interest in talking about Todd Akin.

22044 on August 27, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Liberals only make up 21% of the voting population.

lol, I said liberals, not registered democrats. Obama didn’t get elected with only 21% of the vote. We need them to sit out. Sarah just told them to go vote. Thankfully, they won’t listen.

keep the change on August 27, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Sorry. No sale.

I’m just not comfortable saying, “Thank you sir, and may I have another” as the GOP pushes yet another machine candidate down my throat.

Wino on August 27, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Not the Commie 2012!

so yeah, vote for Romney/RYAN.

PappyD61 on August 27, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I guess we should take advice from our very own HA nutball///

JPeterman on August 27, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I guess that poster has crossed a Rubicon of sorts – when people are quoting his posts from other forums.

22044 on August 27, 2012 at 1:20 PM

ABRs and Sarah supporters are not necessarily the same thing.

[Bitter Clinger on August 27, 2012 at 12:48 PM]

No they aren’t. Neither are Palin supporters and Palin worshipers necessarily the same thing. And he wrote “Sarah worshipers”.

Dusty on August 27, 2012 at 1:20 PM

petunia on August 27, 2012 at 12:56 PM

This type of bit*hy attitude is why some Palin supporters will ignore what she says about giving him a chance. Palin owes Romney absolutely nothing. His camp has made it pretty clear that they hate her guts – that she’s beneath them so he’s lucky she’s being a team player and giving him any support.

katiejane on August 27, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Steveangell on August 26, 2012 at 11:27 PM

I guess we should take advice from our very own HA nutball///

JPeterman on August 27, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Heh.

changer1701 on August 27, 2012 at 1:21 PM

If I vote, it will not be for Romney, nor will it be for a one in a million shot third party candidate. I dislike Romney far more than I dislike Obama.

astonerii on August 27, 2012 at 1:21 PM

keep the change on August 27, 2012 at 1:18 PM

LOL. I said Liberals, also. Actually, it’s at 23% right now, my bad.

Now…cite your sources.

kingsjester on August 27, 2012 at 1:21 PM

wolfsDad on August 27, 2012 at 1:06 PM

When you fear identifying and attacking the enemy of this country -for what he is and for the threat that he is – then you’ve enabled that enemy to continue his work.

Barack Obamuh is the personification of what used to be a Fifth Column of Communism in this country. Only, now, it is open and notorious. And THAT is the problem. It is open and notorious because those on the right FEAR calling him what he is, and FEAR a media who’ve put him into office.

Relax now – and our country will have passed the point of know return.

No thanks – I’ll call him a Communist and an enemy of this country, and continue to do so … even if the politicians and mouthpieces refuse to do so.

OhEssYouCowboys on August 27, 2012 at 1:22 PM

The Monster on August 27, 2012 at 12:53 PM

By not voting you aren’t cancelling out an Obama vote. That benefits Obama by one vote.

Vince on August 27, 2012 at 1:22 PM

ABRs/Saint Sarah worshipers hardest hit.

Alberta_Patriot on August 27, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Some of the former are here. Have the disinfectant armed and ready.

22044 on August 27, 2012 at 1:23 PM

“know” = “no”

With apologies to the Kansas album.

OhEssYouCowboys on August 27, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Swerve22 on August 27, 2012 at 1:04 PM

You think Palin will give up Palin,Inc and FoxNews contract, for a low 6 figures job as SoE?

bayview on August 27, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Wino on August 27, 2012 at 1:19 PM

STOP WHINING! No one forced anything down your throat…be man enough tio recognize that your candidate, whomsoever it was, LOST…My G*d you make me sick with this stuff!

The analogy would be complaining that the NFL “pushed” the NY Giants down the fans throats as Super Bowl Champs.

Your guy/gal lost and if it was Paul he consistently came in FOURTH, and has fewer delegates than Santorum.

JFKY on August 27, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Fun Fact: Sarah Palin has a polar bear rug in her office. The bear isn’t dead, it’s just afraid to move.

Mr. Wednesday Night on August 27, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Wino on August 27, 2012 at 1:19 PM

AnninCA?

22044 on August 27, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Right on right on right on, as Rush would say. Once again, in plain English not political mumbo jumbo, Palin says what needs to be spoken.

Brat on August 27, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Wino on August 27, 2012 at 1:19 PM

AnninCA?

22044 on August 27, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Who cares?

He did chose an appropriate moniker though.

cozmo on August 27, 2012 at 1:27 PM

kingsjester on August 27, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Well that’s makes this even worse advice. She is telling a huge percentage of the electorate – who voted for Obama and continue to give him almost a 50% approval rating even after being the worst president in modern time – (and anyone stupid enough to vote for Obama is no conservative), that even though they may be considering sitting out this election, that they should go vote anyway.

keep the change on August 27, 2012 at 1:28 PM

astonerii on August 27, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Another one of our famous moby nutballs.

. I will actively vote Obama and get my family to join me if the nominee is Romney. While it would be nice to get a better job between 2013 and 2017, I am willing to wait.

astonerii on January 30, 2012 at 2:52 PM

JPeterman on August 27, 2012 at 1:28 PM

OT, but speaking of wimmenses ..

BUWAHHAH .. Wimmenses against the DNC !!
Buwahahahaha.

pambi on August 27, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Another one of our famous moby nutballs.

JPeterman on August 27, 2012 at 1:28 PM

We have yet to hear from idiotdesign.

She was still uncommitted and didn’t care how her idol wanted people to vote.

cozmo on August 27, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Dannyp8262 on August 27, 2012 at 12:51 PM

JFKY on August 27, 2012 at 1:13 PM

The Strategic Petroleum Reserve contains about 700 million barrels of crude oil, or about 50 days’ worth of America’s consumption. A slow drawdown, from the SPR, of about 1 to 2 million barrels/day might be enough to drop prices significantly between now and the election, but the Romney campaign could always complain, “why didn’t Obama open the Gulf for drilling and approve the Keystone pipeline, which could have reduced prices since 2010?”, and there would still be the problem of not having enough refineries in the States to convert the crude into useful fuel for America’s needs.

In addition, a hurricane (like Isaac) churning through the Gulf could take many production wells out of service for a week or more, which could cause prices to go HIGHER in September, despite any drawdown from the SPR.

Between the moratorium on drilling in the Gulf, his refusal to build the Keystone XL pipeline, and his massive subsidies to “green energy” companies that went bankrupt, Obama has totally blown the energy issue. Romney has a huge opportunity to exploit this issue at the convention, and he should use it.

Steve Z on August 27, 2012 at 1:30 PM