Convention protest update: Giant puppets, vagina costumes on the scene

posted at 6:58 pm on August 27, 2012 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate, via the Shark Tank, I was afraid the storm might disrupt the left’s counterprogramming too. But no, no, this is pretty much par for the course. Only one giant papier-mache Romney puppet thus far (“King of the 1%”), but give it time. Everything’s right on track.

Or is it?

The Tampa war room that Democrats opened on Saturday has fallen silent, a testament to the power of a tropical storm and the dispiriting optics of savaging an opposing party while convention delegates shield themselves from pelting rain and slashing winds.

Vice President Joe Biden has canceled all Florida events. At first, the vice president, who had been set to become the first in American history to bash the opposing party in its convention city, scrubbed just his campaigning in Tampa. For a few hours, he clung to the idea of stumping in Orlando with actress Eva Longoria, a cochairwoman of President Obama’s reelection campaign. But that event, too, has been axed.

The Democratic National Committee also canceled all anti-GOP events on Sunday and Monday. Party Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz ditched a Sunday press conference designed to slam Mitt Romney and running mate Paul Ryan over their proposed changes to Medicare. She was to stand with Florida state Sen. Arthenia Joyner and Abel Rivera, described by the committee as a “local senior.” The DNC’s war room near the GOP convention site at the Tampa Bay Times Forum will also be quiet on Monday.

Storm optics are as dicey for Democrats potentially as they are for the GOP. At a moment when tone is so important, count on the man or woman dressed as giant labia to strike just the right note.

Two clips here, one of Code Pink arriving in Tampa and the other of them “preparing” 10 days ago. Enjoy the giggles now, as things are apt to turn darker later this week. These people are clowns. The real muscle will be there soon.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

hmmm… middle of the road voters would be more interested in a giant Taint.

faraway on August 27, 2012 at 8:16 PM

bazil9 on August 27, 2012 at 8:04 PM

LOL! EXCELLENT! Now THAT’S a thread winner! :)

thatsafactjack on August 27, 2012 at 8:17 PM

“These women are dressed up as roadkill.”

profitsbeard on August 27, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Or they are wearing clam costumes.

arnold ziffel on August 27, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Half wits on the half shell.

profitsbeard on August 27, 2012 at 8:18 PM

So, Biden was supposed to be a Vajajay in chains?

faraway on August 27, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Ha! Now that would have been funny.

magicbeans on August 27, 2012 at 8:18 PM

bazil9 on August 27, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Yeah, I learned the hard way to be very careful with the “c” word.

JetBoy on August 27, 2012 at 8:13 PM

I just copied yours..friendly.
A word I never use..the big one. You have to really mean it.
Not sure what you would find equivalent..I have one. But I am being good for now. :)
Hey-you in Fl?

bazil9 on August 27, 2012 at 8:19 PM

I am just waiting for the speaker at the convention with the wit enough to acknowledge the vagina protesters…and then inform the crowd the ladies (term used loosely) want the bill for the costumes to be paid for by the RNC… :P -zing-

airmonkey on August 27, 2012 at 8:19 PM

…sorry for the double post on the vaginas…it dissappeared for 5 minutes!

Where’s the hair?

arnold ziffel on August 27, 2012 at 8:07 PM

piggy !…I wouldn’t eat that…would you!

KOOLAID2 on August 27, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Half wits on the half shell.

profitsbeard on August 27, 2012 at 8:18 PM

haha, Michaelangelo

faraway on August 27, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Why do anarchists want to shut down medical services at the RNC, are there going to be a lot of sick people? I bet there is a doctor or two in the mix of delegates. I’m kinda hoping Charlotte will be reminiscent of Chicago 1968.

Cindy Munford on August 27, 2012 at 8:21 PM

To whom, then, are these Republicans talking? Apparently not to women, whom they treat not as equals but as totemic and unknowable.

de rigueur on August 27, 2012 at 8:07 PM

The language of stupidity should not be practiced enough to develop terms of art.

Axe on August 27, 2012 at 8:21 PM

And here I was thinking they were Obama’s Watermelon brigade~ because as Dan Rather said “… he couldn’t sell watermelons if you gave him the state troopers to flag down the traffic.”

They would have been better off dressing up with Sandra Fluke masks. Now, she’s a real “vagina.” I’m sure they stopped traffic without the benefit of the police helping them anyway. Those crazy wh0res.

DevilsPrinciple on August 27, 2012 at 8:23 PM

thatsafactjack on August 27, 2012 at 8:17 PM

lol..I think you copied something wrong..except if you like me going out with a grin.
Nathor is choking on a clam me thinks.

bazil9 on August 27, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Axe on August 27, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Excellent observation. Should be a rule. Well said.

thatsafactjack on August 27, 2012 at 8:25 PM

as totemic and unknowable.

de rigueur on August 27, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Axe on August 27, 2012 at 8:21 PM

That saying should be carved over the front gate of every university in America.

Like Dante’s “Abandon all hope…” a great warning for the mortar bored.

Kudos!

profitsbeard on August 27, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Cindy Munford on August 27, 2012 at 8:21 PM

The ends justify the means in their feeble minds.

Anarchy says it all.

bazil9 on August 27, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Did their camera survive taking those pics?

Bigfoot on August 27, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Nathor is choking on a clam me thinks.

bazil9 on August 27, 2012 at 8:25 PM

naa, just enjoying the jokes.
I still think this was a good move. after akin, having a pussy riot running around the RNC convention is just funny stuff.
yeah, they can claim that its disrespect to women like thatsafactjack is arguing, but no mileage will be obtained from that spin.

nathor on August 27, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Nathor is choking on a clam me thinks.

bazil9 on August 27, 2012 at 8:25 PM

naa, just enjoying the jokes.
I still think this was a good move. after akin, having a pu$$y riot running around the RNC convention is just funny stuff.

nathor on August 27, 2012 at 8:32 PM

bazil9 on August 27, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Sorry about the misfire! It was meant for your 8:15 post!

I just got a new laptop and its got a hair-trigger and its still very twitchy!

I’ll check into adjusting the hardware. :)

thatsafactjack on August 27, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Come to think of it,I bet the Pinko’s
are making/marketing this ordeal,

to Japanese TV Show(s)!
(sarc).

canopfor on August 27, 2012 at 8:33 PM

I love how these “women” are the ones who keep on saying that if men were the ones who got pregnant abortion would be a sacrament. Er.

IR-MN on August 27, 2012 at 8:33 PM

What a bunch of racists – not a brown one in the bunch.

The democrat party is the party of very ugly, giant, dancing, racist vaginas.

Pork-Chop on August 27, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Did their camera survive taking those pics?

Bigfoot on August 27, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Bigfoot:

I think they were utelizing a “Telephoto Lens”,
er,”Zoom” me thinks,at a safe distance!!!!
(sarc).

canopfor on August 27, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Got a kick out of the lead photo, with the liblt holding up a sign, “Respect Women.”

Shoot me, but it’s hard to respect liberal women who dress up like a vajayjay even on Halloween.

Liam on August 27, 2012 at 8:36 PM

What a bunch of racists – not a brown one in the bunch.

The democrat party is the party of very ugly, giant, dancing, racist v******.

Pork-Chop on August 27, 2012 at 8:36 PM

…piggy !…I wouldn’t eat that…would you!

KOOLAID2 on August 27, 2012 at 8:19 PM

They could lay spread eagle in the street and it wouldn’t be worth a second glance—well maybe just to make sure I didn’t slip in the grease and fall trying to get away.

arnold ziffel on August 27, 2012 at 8:36 PM

de rigueur on August 27, 2012 at 8:07 PM

I would be the ghey chick here..token..I have achieved much and life is good. I thank the Lord I was born in the USA. Laws dont change the hearts and minds of people..you don’t like me..want to do business with me? Fine by me. But know this..it isnt a political view.
And I get it from every side. I really don’t care.
Wearing fake vaygay costumes doesnt make you real..I am real everyday bro- something you would never understand. Actually, people here have made a difference- broken stereotypes. Get ur box of kleenex and roll. You and Akin should share a bed or something.

bazil9 on August 27, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Pork-Chop on August 27, 2012 at 8:34 PM

lulz

IR-MN on August 27, 2012 at 8:40 PM

bazil9 on August 27, 2012 at 8:25 PM

naa, just enjoying the jokes.

nathor on August 27, 2012 at 8:32 PM

How so? Cause your a woman with some life experience? You have conducted scientific polls?
Just STFU-your lame bro. Grow up..hahahha..fake coots are so funny!!
What have you seen like 1? your mommas?
Naa..I enjoy you troll people too..so much idiocy..can’t keep up.
But then again, I am not fond of wasting time. Adios small pinga.

bazil9 on August 27, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Where’s the chin rest??

Sasha List on August 27, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Clearly, ahead of his time.

Barnestormer on August 27, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Oooh, oooh, there’s an ugly old hag on a veejayjay. Freeze dry that m****rf****r off!!!

Conservchik on August 27, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Naomi Wolf — the year of the va-jayjay.

John the Libertarian on August 27, 2012 at 8:43 PM

I’ll check into adjusting the hardware. :)

thatsafactjack on August 27, 2012 at 8:32 PM

No prob J, was wondering..my comment at 8:10 didn’t warrant comment of the year. LOL.

bazil9 on August 27, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Any man wearing a veejayjay suit deserves the moniker of puzzy.

Conservchik on August 27, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Liam on August 27, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Re-posting my 7:59 PM comment:

I can’t imagine Helen Reddy being very proud of this.
If they start playing “I Am Woman” in the background, I think they’ll hear from Helen’s lawyers.

listens2glenn
on August 27, 2012 at 7:59 PM

If Helen is somewhere observing this, she must be holding her head in her hands, in anguish and thinking “My God, how has it come to this?”

listens2glenn on August 27, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Good grief. Do these fools have no self respect whatsoever? How in the name of heaven will they explain this to their kids when they ask “Gee, mommy, did you really dress up like a vagina and go out in public?”

natasha333 on August 27, 2012 at 8:47 PM

listens2glenn on August 27, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Going back further, I can only imagine what the original sufferagettes of the 1920s might say. Those women got arrested for holding meetings in their own homes.

That was heroic of them.

Burning bras in the 70s: a stunt.

Dressing as a vajayjay: If on drugs, STOP! If not on drugs, get some good ones that actually help!

Liam on August 27, 2012 at 8:53 PM

OMG! Will some of Obama’s boys show up dressed as giant rectums?? !!

Marco on August 27, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Ummm,, errr,, wtf?

I’m thinking water cannons loaded with summers eve.

Douche cannons..

wolly4321 on August 27, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Liam
on August 27, 2012 at 8:53 PM

: )

listens2glenn on August 27, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Did they use mirrors to assure anatomical correctness? Did the design idea come from Our Bodies, Our Selves? These clowns have out-parodied themselves.

onlineanalyst on August 27, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Ummm,, errr,, wtf?

I’m thinking water cannons loaded with summers eve.

Douche cannons..

wolly4321 on August 27, 2012 at 8:58 PM

I’ll recover from that one, wolly‘, but it’ll take a while . . . . .

LMAO !

listens2glenn on August 27, 2012 at 9:03 PM

I’m late this bit of fun but were any of them pierced?

Rio Linda Refugee on August 27, 2012 at 9:09 PM

“Respect Women”? Who doesn’t respect women? Oh, yeah, that would be the Keynote Speaker of the upcoming Democrat National Convention. The guy with the crooked finger and the crooked …

minnesoter on August 27, 2012 at 9:10 PM

A group of ithyphallic counter-demonstrators were heard chanting:

Oysters, to the cloisters!

profitsbeard on August 27, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Hey there vagina,,,
(slight content warning, but it’s funny)

wolly4321 on August 27, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Don’t mind a dancing vagina here or there, just don’t want to hear one sing (or talk).

TXUS on August 27, 2012 at 7:10 PM

I saw one smoking once.

Yoop on August 27, 2012 at 9:18 PM

A radical gal from Regina
Was sacked from her job in a diner
Considered too Red
To Tampa she fled
To shine as a graphic

Designer

spiritof61 on August 27, 2012 at 9:21 PM

TXUS on August 27, 2012 at 7:10 PM

So, you missed the classic movie,”Chatterbox”?

SailorMark on August 27, 2012 at 9:32 PM

spiritof61 on August 27, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Alright, that wasn’t bad……..

SailorMark on August 27, 2012 at 9:35 PM

There’s a woman standing there … holding up a sign that reads “Respect Women” … and she’s dressed up as a Dancing Vagina.

I realize now that somewhere along the line I woke up in a
Monty Python On Acid skit.

prairiemain on August 27, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Sick bastards . . . I’m glad they belong to the Democrats.

rplat on August 27, 2012 at 9:47 PM

No doubt they are clowns. Even more important is the fact they have lost all credibility after they dropped all of their anti-war protesting since a prez with a “D” after his name is now in office! Before under Bush they were out in force and calling Bush and his administration every name in the book including Hitler and war criminals!

Anyone that puts any validity in anything this group does is a moron and deserves ridicule! They’re lack of protesting the current on-going wars absolutely proves they are partisan ideological hacks that don’t care about our military and only care about tearing down anyone with an “R” behind their name!

Piss on all of them!

Liberty or Death on August 27, 2012 at 9:48 PM

de rigueur on August 27, 2012 at 8:07 PM

And I get it from every side. I really don’t care.

bazil9 on August 27, 2012 at 8:36 PM

What are you talking about? If it wasn’t clear from my original post, I’m quoting a Pulitzer Prize-winning female who’s ranting about Republican men who treat women as “totemic and unknowable,” when it’s the loons of her own gender who are objectifying themselves and dancing around as female reproductive organs. This is called irony. Which, admittedly, often escapes people. Here it is again:

From the Kathleen Parker thread in the headlines:

So, KP, what do you say to a Dancing Vagina?

And I’m surprised no one’s done an “Oh, Snap!” joke yet…

de rigueur on August 27, 2012 at 8:07 PM

And I couldn’t care less about your sexual preferences. We all have them.

de rigueur on August 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM

de rigueur on August 27, 2012 at 8:07 PM

And I get it from every side. I really don’t care.

bazil9 on August 27, 2012 at 8:36 PM

What are you talking about? If you read my original post, you’ll notice that I was mocking the Pulitzer Prize-winning female who’s ranting about Republican men treating women as “totemic and unknowable,” when it’s loons of her own gender and political persuasion who are objectifying themselves to prance around as female reproductive organs. This is called irony. Which, admittedly, escapes a lot of people. But read it again:

From the Kathleen Parker thread in the headlines:

So, KP, what do you say to a D*** V****? [edited to get this through moderation]…

de rigueur on August 27, 2012 at 8:07 PM

And I couldn’t care less what is your sexual preference. We all have them.

de rigueur on August 27, 2012 at 10:02 PM

wtf????

cuckoo

cmsinaz on August 27, 2012 at 10:12 PM

I am also annoyed by the lack of brown vaginas. If you are going to claim to represent me, I want to see a color other than Barbie pink.

Why do people think crazy is a persuasive argument?

tuffy on August 27, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I was going to comment, but I think you guys covered it all! I’m still wiping away tears!!! hahahahahah!!!

Wait – thought of one: Did you notice how different they all are? Do you think they copied their own? The what’s up with the one that looks like a star? Maybe she was drawing upside down….

exliberal on August 27, 2012 at 7:28 PM

She had cosmetic surgery done in the southern hemisphere. Yes, there are specialists who do that. Strange….different….weird

Well, then it would be BLEACHED and that would be, you know, racist…..

exliberal on August 27, 2012 at 10:16 PM

This thread is dying quickly. I was hoping to breathe new life into with some more jokes, but, apparently I’m no good at that.
Such a waste……

Resist We Much, where are you? We need some humour.

SailorMark on August 27, 2012 at 10:21 PM

TXUS on August 27, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Reminds me of an old adage:

Children Vaginas should be seen, and NOT heard”

listens2glenn on August 27, 2012 at 10:21 PM

The democrat party is the party of very ugly, giant, dancing, racist vaginas.

Pork-Chop on August 27, 2012 at 8:34 PM

A more accurate description of Debbie Wasserman Schultz…

… cannot be written.

Seven Percent Solution on August 27, 2012 at 10:23 PM

So, if the riot police came in to disperse this crowd of pink vajaja’s and started tazing them when they resist would it be inappropriate to sing “Shock the Monkey” while tazing them?

Man, I would pay money to see that…it would be f-ing classic!

Liberty or Death on August 27, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Aye maties…. I say we dress as big johnsons and run them througbh!!

PaCadle on August 27, 2012 at 10:42 PM

From Clockwork Orange:
“Hi, hi, hi! And what’s wrong with yours, my pretty? All droopy and whatnot, eh? Well, you’re invited!”

SailorMark on August 27, 2012 at 10:46 PM

C’mon, guys, I’m dying here….

SailorMark on August 27, 2012 at 10:48 PM

These women are pathetic dupes. Vagina costumes, indeed.

Does that make them phony c***s?

disa on August 27, 2012 at 10:51 PM

From Clockwork Orange:

SailorMark on August 27, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Great movie…perfect quote Sailor, life imitating art for sure! Did you see my “shock the monkey” comment above?

Aye maties…. I say we dress as big johnsons and run them througbh!!

PaCadle on August 27, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Another good one…love this thread…leave it to the lefty loons to provide comic relief!

Liberty or Death on August 27, 2012 at 11:06 PM

The best way Americans can respect women is to stop killing them before they even take their first breath!

Dollayo on August 27, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Professional nags.

Axion on August 27, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Weren’t these same girls dressed up as penises last week?

Axion on August 27, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Dollayo on August 27, 2012 at 11:15 PM

All those in favor of that, say “aye”.
AYE !
If one of us were to infiltrate one of these protests with a poster-sign that said exactly those words, how long would it take for one of the real liberals to figure it out?

Damn . . . . . . . . . that’s worth pondering. : )

listens2glenn on August 28, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Check out the post at Powerline about a “Cunning Stunt”. Reminds of the midget track team vs the women’s track team. A bunch of cunning runts vs . . .

markrose1957 on August 28, 2012 at 3:00 AM

see: the struggle for equality has come full circle- years of seeking to not be defined solely and accorded worth solely through their sexuality and reproduction organs but as humans deserving all the rights of men now once again leftist wimmins are clamoring to be just frivolous dancing vajayjays.

that or the circus is in town again and the freak show is wintering in florida F-L-A again.

george hannah- the boy in the boat ( meade lux lewis is playing piano on this.)

mittens on August 28, 2012 at 5:18 AM

Man,where is Monty Python when you really need them?

IT’S TIME TO PLAY “SPOT THE LOONEY!”!!!!

pilamaye on August 28, 2012 at 5:35 AM

Idiotism knows no bounds.

sadatoni on August 28, 2012 at 7:05 AM

I heard they were life-size representations of Sandra Fluke and DWS naughty bits. They wanted to do Hillary’s but they couldn’t find a giant padlock to put on it.

swinia sutki on August 28, 2012 at 7:45 AM

They look like giant pink amoebas.

Also, just because you are dressed as a giant vag does not mean you are pro-woman. Socialism is slavery for everyone.

bitsy on August 28, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Chris Matthews would fit in well with those folks…

Guinness on August 28, 2012 at 10:12 AM

I think I would pay money to have some guys with giant inflatable male genitalia to chase them around and show them just how ridiculous they appear!

dominigan on August 28, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Is this the only part of their anatomy that matters to these women?

Somebody should dress up as a penis and sell them giant condoms!

Steve Z on August 28, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Kind of makes you wonder if there’s any moral or social boundary these psychopaths won’t cross.

It’s one thing being young and idealistic, but it takes quite a good deal of “mental conditioning” along the way to make the jump from “I want to save puppies, feed the poor, etc” to something like this.

Oxymoron on August 28, 2012 at 6:50 PM

These people are clowns. The real muscle will be there soon.

For the latter–the Demagogs’ an@larchist co-conspiritors–I suggest a two-word remedy: “killer” bees.

Olo_Burrows on August 29, 2012 at 6:21 PM