Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the Week?

posted at 9:31 am on August 26, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Once again, instead of writing a clever paragraph introducing the entries for this week’s OOTW, let’s talk about the fundraising drive for our OOTD partner Chris Muir, creator of the New Media cartoon strip Day By Day.  No one would accuse Chris of shying away from talking about the issues. Unlike a certain someone, Chris proudly stands behind his daily message of unity against a failing administration.  Let me spell it out for you — go contribute early and often to Chris’ fundraising drive.

Previous weekly “winners” in 2012:

Previous Obamateurisms of the Year:

• Giving 2 minutes of “shout-outs” before getting to the Fort Hood shooting (2009)
  • Obama leaves Clinton at press conference podium on tax deal to attend Christmas party (2010)
  • “I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president— with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln.” (2011)

It’s time once again to show our support for Day By Day and its artist-publisher, Chris Muir.  Chris holds an annual fundraiser to keep the adventures of Sam, Zed, Jan, and Damon coming.  Chris, whose artwork has enhanced the OOTD feature since its inception for Hot Air readers, uses the funds raised for only the continuance of DBD.  As always, the fundraiser has many fabulous gifts available at whatever level one chooses to donate.  If you’re thinking about donating at the Jan/Damon level or above, you’ll get a Last Supper Red vs Blue magnet, which has depictions of personalities from New Media — myself included.  Donating at the Anatoly Level will get you a 9×15 print of the artwork.  Dig deep and be part of supporting the one of the best New Media cartoonists in the biz!

Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at obamaisms@edmorrissey.com with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.

Comments

Sweaty armpits picture wins for me. If it were Bush, that would be a liberal media icon for the entire election.

hawkdriver on August 26, 2012 at 9:33 AM

went with #1, it encompasses all the other choices…

cmsinaz on August 26, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Oiho.

The rest is calculated.

Lanceman on August 26, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Armpits was a close second though for me HD :)

cmsinaz on August 26, 2012 at 9:35 AM

This is one week where I definitely wanted to check the box on each one! Too bad Obama can’t space his idiocies out more.

ldenton1 on August 26, 2012 at 9:35 AM

It was like a Neil Young tune. “Four Dufus in OIHO”.

Or “Brain Dead in OIHO”.

hawkdriver on August 26, 2012 at 9:37 AM

“I don’t think you or anybody who’s been watching the campaign would say that in any way we have tried to divide the country.”

Dividing the country has been Job 1 since Day 1.

tru2tx on August 26, 2012 at 9:38 AM

#1. It is still quite amateurish to assume that the majority of us are too stupid to know he LIES

screwauger on August 26, 2012 at 9:38 AM

O-I-H-O

Rampant dumbassery… depicted perfectly.

ExpressoBold on August 26, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I had to go with Oiho. It is just another example of how much of an idiot this guy is when he is unscripted.

DaveDief on August 26, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I’ll take “I coulda been a contender“….. FTW

comes with a bonus clip.

ted c on August 26, 2012 at 9:38 AM

This week the biggest lie wins.

EliTheBean on August 26, 2012 at 9:39 AM

This week was a pick-em

Rio Linda Refugee on August 26, 2012 at 9:39 AM

“Punish your enemies” (as Obama advised hispanic voters) was really just a prayer for national unity, right Barry?

AZCoyote on August 26, 2012 at 9:40 AM

It’s a close one this week. I like “O-I-H-O” because it’s Biden style… good for undoing the myth that Biden is a dolt but Barry isn’t.

Gingotts on August 26, 2012 at 9:43 AM

The Great Divide.

CW on August 26, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Gingotts on August 26, 2012 at 9:43 AM

But the O-H-I-O thing looked good when they practiced in front of the mirror.

Rio Linda Refugee on August 26, 2012 at 9:46 AM

I’m still partial to little Stephie Nobody.

Curtiss on August 26, 2012 at 9:46 AM

So I’m a hypocrite this week. I always point out how many of the OOTDs aren’t gaffes or amateurish but designed, intentional lies. Well, the Resident claiming that he doesn’t divide the nation is too much to take, so even though it’s pure, freshly shoveled manure, I had to vote for it.

Then again, when Ed published that as the OOTD, I suggested that Dear Leader’s narcissism is so deep that he believes the lie himself. But that wouldn’t be amateurish, it would be certifiable.

Freelancer on August 26, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Sorry, but I have to go with a write in candidate:

“we shouldn’t have a bunch of politicians, a majority of which are men, making health care decisions on behalf of women.”

Stephen Macklin on August 26, 2012 at 9:50 AM

The felon thing smell amateurish. The rest are just the usual mix of lies and outright mendacity.

CorporatePiggy on August 26, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Sorry, but I have to go with a write in candidate:

Stephen Macklin on August 26, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I suppose you see the irony in the ACA aka Obamacare eh?

CW on August 26, 2012 at 9:52 AM

kind of a softball question this week.

teejk on August 26, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Went with the “not dividing the country”. That is all this POTUS has done since the beginning of his campaign for president. This falls under the category of “Who you gonna believe, me, or your lying eyes”.

AZfederalist on August 26, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I ususally stare at the options until something really stands out and I know I’ve done the right thing. As in every week it get more demanding on my brain. For a very long time the choices have been either “stupid is as stupid does” or wandering away from the truth and pushing it over the edge. This week I can’t choose. I’ll come back to it at the end of the day, but all of them deserve my vote.

BetseyRoss on August 26, 2012 at 9:54 AM

No surprise Oblammo doesn’t believe people think he’s a divider. The MSM would never say it, and anyone else who might doesn’t count.

Liam on August 26, 2012 at 9:55 AM

No way OIHO is losing this week. Dammit, I demand OOTW voter ID.

hawkdriver on August 26, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Easy this week – all the answers were correct.

tommyboy on August 26, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Choices 1,2 and 3 are further examples of Barry being a liar, in which he is a professional, unless you want to say he is as a bad liar,the lies are amateurish.

bayview on August 26, 2012 at 9:57 AM

O-I-H-O.

Perfect visual for the load of H-O-O-I sloshing around in Barky’s bass-ackward warped Commie mind.

TheClearRiver on August 26, 2012 at 9:58 AM

I wnet wiht Oiho.

Li’l Barry’s a Genius don’t ya know!

Tim_CA on August 26, 2012 at 10:03 AM

O-I-H-O is the product of an amateur. The others are just further demonstrations of a malignant liar.

onlineanalyst on August 26, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Had to go with number one. Not that his dividing the country is amateurish – it’s quite professional in fact. No, it was his amateurish lie about so doing that makes him an amateur.

OldEnglish on August 26, 2012 at 10:10 AM

This one was harder than normal.

Had to go with the DOTUS.

in this case……Divider of the United States

PappyD61 on August 26, 2012 at 10:14 AM

It was like a Neil Young tune. “Four Dufus in OIHO”.

Or “Brain Dead in OIHO”.

hawkdriver on August 26, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Thread winner, with bonus points for working in Neil Young!

22044 on August 26, 2012 at 10:22 AM

They’re all winners in my book.

ConservativeLA on August 26, 2012 at 10:26 AM

I guess I still am not in tune with what being an amateur is. To me the
“divide the country, no one accused, cancer ad,” and ignoring the CBO report are dleiberate politically motivated lies. There is nothing amateur about doing that.
The O-I-H-O though was definitely amateur hour. I think this shyster knows exactly what he’s saying when he talks policy or politics. He may be lying but he knows it. The O-I-H-O thing was a blunder and showed his amateur side when it comes to relating to people.

Deanna on August 26, 2012 at 10:28 AM

He thought Oiho was Hawaiian, you can’t fault him for that.

vityas on August 26, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Yet another pick yer poison …
Had to go with the “cancer ad”.
It really was a despicable production. A decent man would have disavowed it, or at least stopped in from airing had he chosen to do so.
Add the obapunk website, and here come da trifecta, dawg!
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on August 26, 2012 at 10:33 AM

hawkdriver @ 9:56
I don’t think its is gonna get it…….Wow Bammy was on a roll this week, very hard to pick……..

angrymike on August 26, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Makes you almost break into a cold sweat at the thought of what he would have done with MISSISSIPPI.

pilamaye on August 26, 2012 at 10:39 AM

The first three are doozies, but I gotta go for #1. The man is sick. He’s sociopathic.

petefrt on August 26, 2012 at 10:40 AM

hawkdriver on August 26, 2012 at 9:56 AM

With ya, Hawk.

Four fed in O-I-H-OOOOOOO. . .

BigAlSouth on August 26, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Bald-faced lie number 1 or bald-faced lie number 2. Decisions decisions…

I chose the “felon” lie because it was so obamateurish, and could be exposed by one short video clip.

Drained Brain on August 26, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I should have gone with… O H I O…it was the only goofy one!
…instead I got a headache picking from the other 4…fiscal cliff,

KOOLAID2 on August 26, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I, too, had to go with OIHO as 100% proof of amateurism. As others have said, the first three represented a PROFESSIONAL LIAR. BTW, #1 was my knee-jerk pick because I want to barf every time I read about it. Come to think of it, the other three sorely tax my gag reflex, too.

rpjkw11 on August 26, 2012 at 10:50 AM

pilamaye on August 26, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Waiting for him to screw up California. F-O-R-N-I-C-A- . . .

Wait . . . already been done. Nevermind.

TheClearRiver on August 26, 2012 at 10:51 AM

“Not dividing the country” and “ignoring the fiscal cliff” were strong contenders, but I went with OIHO. From Barky’s perspective (the only one that counts) – it was spelled correctly. After all, it is all about the O(bama).

indyvet on August 26, 2012 at 10:53 AM

But the O-H-I-O thing looked good when they practiced in front of the mirror.

Rio Linda Refugee on August 26, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Isn’t being in front of a mirror where Obama does all of his practicing?

onlineanalyst on August 26, 2012 at 10:58 AM

But the O-H-I-O thing looked good when they practiced in front of the mirror.

Rio Linda Refugee on August 26, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Bahahahahaha! That’s frighteningly too plausible an explanation…

Gingotts on August 26, 2012 at 10:59 AM

#5. Always too busy campaigning to bother being President

NOMOBO on August 26, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Odisconnected’s platform has always been:

Divide and conquer.

Divide and rule.

Divide the spoils between the elites while the rest of us squabble for crumbs.

stukinIL4now on August 26, 2012 at 11:02 AM

did anybody see last week’s Reaganite Rep cartoon on the Sunday funnies page re: the “divider” comment? I’d post it here but I would forever be branded as a racist.

teejk on August 26, 2012 at 11:05 AM

O-O-H-I

H-I-O-O

I-O-O-H

H-O-I-O

Oooo, this is tough!

profitsbeard on August 26, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Seriousy folks, this was an all of the above week. The man is truly insane.

Winebabe on August 26, 2012 at 11:14 AM

pilamaye on August 26, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Slappy would be running back and forth to make sure that every “I” was him.
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on August 26, 2012 at 11:21 AM

This poll is totally unfair, I could have marked each one and a couple of them twice. How about voting for, oh say the top 4…

Engrpat on August 26, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Went with OIHO.

It’s amateurish because he let himself be shown to be a dufus when trying to be one of the guys. He has nothing but contempt for these people, but he knows to get elected he has to play along as if he isn’t a fish out of water with them.

Jvette on August 26, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Oh, how I hope these OOTDs are done for good in January!

Bob's Kid on August 26, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Oooo, this is tough!

profitsbeard on August 26, 2012 at 11:13 AM

No, Barry. “OOOO” isn’t it either. Keep trying.

Gingotts on August 26, 2012 at 11:32 AM

I had to choose OIHO … the rest are just his usual bald-faced lies and evasions, not Obamateurisms.

KS Rex on August 26, 2012 at 11:34 AM

No, Barry. “OOOO” isn’t it either. Keep trying.

Gingotts on August 26, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Threve.

Axe on August 26, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Well, this week was one of the hardest ones for me. I had to go with number one though. I could believe that the ones with the campaign stuff “COULD” be not known until after the ads air… though we all know this is most likely not the case with this guy.

watertown on August 26, 2012 at 11:37 AM

KS Rex on August 26, 2012 at 11:34 AM

What’s amateurish about the rest is the clumsiness of the lies and evasions. Each one of them assumes that citizens have no memory of what has transpired in the past 2 weeks or cannot see the transparently blatant lie of not coordinating with their PAC.

AZfederalist on August 26, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Cut him a break. You guys keep forgetting he doesn’t consider himself the president of all of us (even though he is) — just those who voted for him.

So he’s certainly not trying to divide those who are, in his mind, those who are his legitimate constituents. The rest are (as was pointed out upthread) the other, the unAmerican, the enemy.

Eviva on August 26, 2012 at 11:41 AM

The Great Divider.

Philly on August 26, 2012 at 11:49 AM

It was like a Neil Young tune. “Four Dufus in OIHO”.

Or “Brain Dead in OIHO”.

hawkdriver on August 26, 2012 at 9:37 AM

..another perfectly good bowl of Cheerios shot to hell out here on the Left Coast. You owe me a monitor and a keyboard, Hawk!

:-D

The War Planner on August 26, 2012 at 11:50 AM

“General” McCraven is not on the list?
(Didn’t Hirohito surrender to him on that aircraft carrier?)

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on August 26, 2012 at 11:53 AM

AZfederalist on August 26, 2012 at 11:39 AM

..it’s a sign that he’s tanking and desperate, AZ. He’s going for the low-info, mouth-breathing, mirror-fogging, mind-numbed voter.

The War Planner on August 26, 2012 at 11:54 AM

say, don’t they write and read from the right to the left in the islamic culture? Then he would have it right.. Just sayin…

pistris on August 26, 2012 at 11:58 AM

it was like a Neil Young tune. “Four Dufus in OIHO”.

NBC informed us that Astronaut Young died yesterday.
Bless their hearts

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on August 26, 2012 at 12:01 PM

…JugEars thought they were spelling OHIO right to left!

KOOLAID2 on August 26, 2012 at 12:05 PM

pistris on August 26, 2012 at 11:58 AM

…didn’t see that! (:->)

KOOLAID2 on August 26, 2012 at 12:08 PM

They actually spelled it correctly, they just forgot that it is reversed from the camera’s point of view. If you look at that OIHO picture and put yourself in Obama’s position with his perspective, from left to right they ARE spelling OHIO, it is just that someone in front of them looking at them sees it backwards. Obama’s left is the viewer’s right.

They were spelling Ohio from left to right from their perspective but it was right to left from the perspective of a camera facing them. This is an indication of how Obama’s mind works. He never takes things in the context of the perspective of anyone else, only his own.

It is another subtle indication of narcissism, or just a plain dumb goof.

But they did spell it “correctly” from their perspective. OIHO is OHIO spelled backwards.

crosspatch on August 26, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Missed a couple:

In press briefing, press secretary says more coal miners than any time in the past 15 years.

The Anderson Cooper smackdown of Debbie Hyphenated-Shultz.

crosspatch on August 26, 2012 at 12:14 PM

It is another subtle indication of narcissism,

Spot on IMO

Eviva on August 26, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I had to go with the first one because it is classic Obama. Despite the facts, he will SAY whatever he wants because the dems will believe him and support him.

themediansib on August 26, 2012 at 12:17 PM

The War Planner on August 26, 2012 at 11:50 AM

:-)

hawkdriver on August 26, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Did The Won blame the misspelling on his cohorts? He’s not one for assuming any responsibility.

Cindy Munford on August 26, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Divider-in-Chief.

Maddie on August 26, 2012 at 12:50 PM

At least four of these could be candidates for the OOTY.

GoodAg77 on August 26, 2012 at 1:14 PM

the first three are not Obamateurisms. They are blatant lies. Nothing new about that from the Owe.

katablog.com on August 26, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Degenerate in Chief

Schadenfreude on August 26, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Obama even lies about his lies.

sadatoni on August 26, 2012 at 1:37 PM

O-I-H-O

It’s just so mind numbing ridiculous.

yongoro on August 26, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I don’t think we can complain about his campaign getting away with lies if the media is going to just do the three monkey deal.

Cindy Munford on August 26, 2012 at 2:00 PM

If ever there was a week for “check all that apply”

GeorgieGirl9 on August 26, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Yeah, had to go for OIHO this week because the other choices were just more of Obama lying and that’s something he does as naturally as breathing. But an unforced error in spelling…? From the smartest guy in the room (or is that 5th or 6th smartest?) With the added bonus of a major (such as it is) newspaper hurling themselves into the discussion to defend his honor…only having to wipe egg off their face and onto Obama? Yeah, that’s MY OOTW, even if it doesn’t win.

CitizenEgg on August 26, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Divider-in-Chief.

Maddie on August 26, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Obummer has done more to divide this country than any other president evah. By a long shot. You suck and you lie Barry Soetoro or whatever the heck your name is.

tbear44 on August 26, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Dunno – three lies and a typo. Had to go with CBO: ignoring a problem and hoping it goes away is classic amateurism…

affenhauer on August 26, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Man. Tough pick this week. So much to choose from.

WannabeAnglican on August 27, 2012 at 9:13 AM