Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads

posted at 8:01 am on August 26, 2012 by Allahpundit

GOP heavy hitters galore this morning to mark the start of the convention tomorrow. CBS has Marco Rubio and Haley Barbour, CNN has Scott Walker, NBC has Jeb Bush, and Fox News has the nominee himself. And for the Democrats? Antonio Villaraigosa, Debbie Downer, and that’s pretty much it. I like these odds.

Over/under on the number of minutes devoted to Romney’s Birther joke across the five major shows today: 60. The line-up via WaPo:

Fox News Sunday: Live reporting from the GOP convention and interviews with Mitt and Ann Romney from New Hampshire and the campaign trail.

NBC’s Meet the Press: Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush; Sen. John McCain (R-AZ); DNC Chair Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-DL); Arizona Governor Jan Brewer; Mike Murphy, Republican Strategist; Chuck Todd, NBC

CBS’ Face the Nation: Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL); Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN); former Gov. Haley Barbour (R-MS); RNC Chairman Reince Priebus; Dan Balz, Washington Post; Peggy Noonan, Wall Street Journal; Norah O’Donnell, CBS; John Dickerson, CBS and Slate

ABC’s This Week: Gov. Bob McDonnell (R-VA); Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa; George Will, ABC; Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD); Jennifer Granholm, Current TV; Republican strategist Mary Matalin; Greta Van Susteren, Fox News

CNN’s State of the Union with Candy Crowley: RNC Chairman Reince Priebus; Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI); Al Cardenas, American Conservative Union; Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX); Gov. Martin O’Malley (D-MD); Ron Brownstein, National Journal and CNN; Karen Tumulty, Washington Post

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

KOOLAID2
Morning all………..

angrymike on August 26, 2012 at 8:03 AM

War Planner
enjoy the dem’s lies………

angrymike on August 26, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Bmore
You need a tv to understand the dems talking points………;-)

angrymike on August 26, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Greta on ABC? Seems so weird.

bluegill on August 26, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Jeb Bush, John McCain, etc …. the same old same old. Can’t these media outlets show us some fresh perspectives, nope just the same old tired expressions.

steveracer on August 26, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Looks like the only worthwhile interview today will be Marco.I don’t really care. I got to meet a true patriot Tuesday night in Key West.Herman Cain,what a guy,brilliant.

rodguy911 on August 26, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Let’s see:
Sunday Morning “News” panel shows or an ice pick through the eyeball?
Hmmmmmm.
Honey, do you know where the ice pick is?

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on August 26, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Meh. It’s not having the legs they thought it would. Neither is Akin. Or Seamus the dog. The can’t get traction on the Mormon bashing. Huge crowds at Romney rallies. The 2016 film is #3 in the nation. And worst, worst, worst of all — barack is losing his “likeability” edge.

I smell toast. Burning.

Rational Thought on August 26, 2012 at 8:09 AM

I’m saying 90 minutes on the outrageously racist birther jibe that Mittens spat out against Sheikh Barky.

It was like Selma Alabama and Rosa Parks and Rodney King rolled into one – crosses being lit across the country, grown men wearing sheets…

CorporatePiggy on August 26, 2012 at 8:17 AM

I just downloaded a book to my Kindle about things you can make from duct tape. I think I’ll go read that.

Night Owl on August 26, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Priebus + Walker is some heavy artillery together.

hillsoftx on August 26, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Sunday shows, does that mean like on TV? And should I care?

JimK on August 26, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Never have I been more content with the loss of broadcast TV when the “digital divide” was crossed. (I live in a suburban area with marginal reception.)

Ditto not having satellite or cable. Too expensive for what little they offer, IMHO.

I have some body putty to sand on a model I’m building. That will be more interesting and make more sense.

Come to think of it, David Lynch’s Eraserhead would probably make more sense.

cheers

eon

eon on August 26, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Heartache. Chuck Crist has endorsed Barack Obama. I know, I’m shocked too.

Doughboy on August 26, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Whew! Thought I was going to have to cancel a tee time. Upon checking the lineup….FORE!!!

HoustonRight on August 26, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Oh good! DWS on NBC. “I am not programmed to respond in that area. Norman, please coordinate” (Moderator): But Debbie, all I asked was how are you?

50sGuy on August 26, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Yeah…let them bring up the birther joke and start huffing and puffing over it.
Do they seriously think they can score points by reminding the voters of that issue…?
I would bet that a majority of voter are in two camps on that issue.
Those who think Obama was foreign born and those who also think that but were ridiculed and harassed into silence.
Bring it up again.
I dare them.

NeoKong on August 26, 2012 at 8:42 AM

it’ll be birthers and akin talk ad nauseum….

cripe

cmsinaz on August 26, 2012 at 8:46 AM

someone better bring obamas birther cup on air and say, get over it…

cmsinaz on August 26, 2012 at 8:47 AM

NeoKong on August 26, 2012 at 8:42 AM

HA/political junkie that I am, it was really weird reading your post.
‘Birther joke’ just plain ole didn’t compute !!
Had to think really hard to remember to which THEY would be referring.
I guess that just shows how insignificant Mitt’s little giggle really is/was.
Yeah, LET THEM jump the shark on it !!!

pambi on August 26, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Heartache. Chuck Crist has endorsed Barack Obama. I know, I’m shocked too.

Doughboy on August 26, 2012 at 8:31 AM

blech….msdnc will be touting this for sure…

cmsinaz on August 26, 2012 at 8:53 AM

I dunno. This might be festive. If you are into it.

Axe on August 26, 2012 at 8:55 AM

good morning everyone!

game time! politics and football!

ted c on August 26, 2012 at 8:56 AM

candy crowley starting off snarky calling it a romneyfest…would she have said obamafest…
i don’t think so…

cmsinaz on August 26, 2012 at 9:01 AM

ted c on August 26, 2012 at 8:56 AM

morning ted :)

my cards lost earlier this week…not looking too good…

cmsinaz on August 26, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Heartache. Chuck Crist has endorsed Barack Obama. I know, I’m shocked too.

Doughboy on August 26, 2012 at 8:31 AM

jetboy’s hat, once again, hardest hit…../

ted c on August 26, 2012 at 9:02 AM

good morning cmsinaz; I caught a little ESPN2 high school football last night. A team from KY vs one from TN. Just watched it for a bit, then I flipped through and watched some other stuff.

ted c on August 26, 2012 at 9:07 AM

romney starts off interview with wallace bragging about romneycare.

*facepalm*

renalin on August 26, 2012 at 9:08 AM

ted c on August 26, 2012 at 9:07 AM

gotcha

candy going with the mitt doesn’t care about women and the middle class meme with reince…

cmsinaz on August 26, 2012 at 9:11 AM

candy going straight for the birther crap

cmsinaz on August 26, 2012 at 9:12 AM

then onto akin…

cmsinaz on August 26, 2012 at 9:13 AM

*facepalm*

renalin on August 26, 2012 at 9:08 AM

The bluegill will be here in a minute to tell you why this is a good thing, and also how good he looked doing it. :)

I’m have no opinion. I’m just going to push a button and pull a lever.

Axe on August 26, 2012 at 9:15 AM

*I. Sorry. Bad edit.

Axe on August 26, 2012 at 9:17 AM

OT:Obama said Romney lacks serious ideas, refuses to “own up” to the responsibilities of what it takes to be president

seriously…from mr don’t blame me??????

cripe

cmsinaz on August 26, 2012 at 9:20 AM

candy on focusing on hispanics, women and abortion….

SOCIAL ISSUES the meme of the talking heads today through the rest of the convention…

economy schmeconomy….

cmsinaz on August 26, 2012 at 9:24 AM

I have no opinion. I’m just going to push a button and pull a lever.

Axe on August 26, 2012 at 9:15 AM

i have an opinion too, unfortunately there’s no other option but romney

looks like its crow dance time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMCdc6c7tww

renalin on August 26, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Night Owl on August 26, 2012 at 8:20 AM

You know, Duct Tape is the official tape of the Obama Administration…

parteagirl on August 26, 2012 at 9:27 AM

now the lib pundits are crying foul on the birther comment without being asked to…

valerie sent out her mass email once again….

cmsinaz on August 26, 2012 at 9:38 AM

i have an opinion too, unfortunately there’s no other option but romney

looks like its crow dance time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMCdc6c7tww

renalin on August 26, 2012 at 9:25 AM

OMG! Allow me to be the first to congratulate you! I told everyone this would happen! Funny video by the way.

Night Owl on August 26, 2012 at 9:39 AM

parteagirl on August 26, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Then I’d go with the Frog Tape. Sadly, I haven’t seen anything I really want to make. The hammock looked interesting, but too much work. LOL

Night Owl on August 26, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Morning axe
I thought the Romney interview was cool………

angrymike on August 26, 2012 at 9:42 AM

“The Economist”, August 25, 2012:
…competence is worthless without direction and, frankly, character. Would that Candidate Romney had indeed presented himself as a solid chief executive who got things done. Instead he has appeared as a fawning PR man, apparently willing to do or say just about anything to get elected. In some areas, notably social policy and foreign affairs, the result is that he is now committed to needlessly extreme or dangerous courses that he may not actually believe in but will find hard to drop; in others, especially to do with the economy, the lack of details means that some attractive-sounding headline policies prove meaningless (and possibly dangerous) on closer inspection. Behind all this sits the worrying idea of a man who does not really know his own mind. America won’t vote for that man; nor would this newspaper…

Mr Romney may calculate that it is best to keep quiet: the faltering economy will drive voters towards him. It is more likely, however, that his evasiveness will erode his main competitive advantage. A businessman without a credible plan to fix a problem stops being a credible businessman. So does a businessman who tells you one thing at breakfast and the opposite at supper. Indeed, all this underlines the main doubt: nobody knows who this strange man really is. It is half a decade since he ran something. Why won’t he talk about his business career openly? Why has he been so reluctant to disclose his tax returns? How can a leader change tack so often? Where does he really want to take the world’s most powerful country?

Pragmatic on August 26, 2012 at 9:42 AM

You know, Duct Tape is the official tape of the Obama Administration…

parteagirl on August 26, 2012 at 9:27 AM

So Red Green is the new Technology Czar?

Rio Linda Refugee on August 26, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I watched Fox News Sunday. The interview with the Romneys was okay, but the panel sucked.

I mean come on…Huckabee, that liar Juan Williams,Kirsten cutie pie and Bill Kristol.

sheesh.

Terrye on August 26, 2012 at 9:53 AM

apparently mitt has a compassion gap according to the candy…

*shaking the head*

delusional…

i just wished the gop talking heads would say, the media is to blame for their biased portrayal of mitt

cmsinaz on August 26, 2012 at 9:54 AM

valerie sent out her mass email once again….

cmsinaz on August 26, 2012 at 9:38 AM

They are desperate.

Terrye on August 26, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Terrye on August 26, 2012 at 9:53 AM

ugh….may have to pass on that …

cmsinaz on August 26, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Terrye on August 26, 2012 at 9:55 AM

oh yeah

cmsinaz on August 26, 2012 at 9:58 AM

cmsinaz on August 26, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I have been hearing more of this lately. But you know what? As much as I despise 90% of the media, people should know better. They really should. The problem is not just the media or even the Democrats and their tactics. A lot of the blame goes to a public that is so spoiled or so selfish or so short sighted that they do not even know when someone is peeing on their {collective} leg and telling them it is raining.

Terrye on August 26, 2012 at 9:58 AM

ugh….may have to pass on that …

cmsinaz on August 26, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I have a trick…I mute it when people I don’t like are talking and I talk for them. I say some pretty outrageous things.

Terrye on August 26, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Terrye on August 26, 2012 at 9:58 AM

you gotta point

Terrye on August 26, 2012 at 9:59 AM

lol good idea

cmsinaz on August 26, 2012 at 10:01 AM

sheesh.

Terrye on August 26, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Abd What did that idiot huckster say ? Pls, tell me he didn’t mention the neanderthal he helped keep in the race….

jimver on August 26, 2012 at 10:02 AM

ugh….may have to pass on that …

cmsinaz on August 26, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Terrye on August 26, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Heh, and I thought I was the only one who does this :)….

jimver on August 26, 2012 at 10:03 AM

oh yeah, now gregory with the 1-2 on akin and birther crap…

cmsinaz on August 26, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Heartache. Chuck Crist has endorsed Barack Obama. I know, I’m shocked too.

Doughboy on August 26, 2012 at 8:31 AM

What people outside of Fla. don’t realize is that MetroCrist is all but dead to people of fla.

rodguy911 on August 26, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Morning axe
I thought the Romney interview was cool………

angrymike on August 26, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Morning Mike! :) (Er, I actually got distracted and missed it, to tell the truth.)

It might make sense for them to go ahead and try to shape-up the RomneyCare story now. It’s not like it’s not coming soon to page one via the presidential debates, and the enema is focused on important things at the moment like the #waronwomen and everything. Obama is probably planning to walk into the room wearing a RomneyCare t-shirt, and he’s probably going to make the similarities between the plans his focus. “What’s all the fuss? We agree!” Romney taking some time to talk about the differences gives him some practice fielding clever and difficult angles, gives his supporters some ammunition, and (I don’t believe this bit really, but they might be thinking it*) brings the voters up to speed.

*I’m not sure most voters are actually ever up to speed.

Axe on August 26, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Dang. I don’t care much for John McCain but he is holding his own with the always angry at Republicans David Gregory. I swear, does David Gregory do anything but ask a Republican a question like he’s scolding them?

Marcus on August 26, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Marcus on August 26, 2012 at 10:11 AM

gregory just another cog in dear leader’s wheel…

cmsinaz on August 26, 2012 at 10:13 AM

first question to every gop guest is akin followed by the birther joke…

cripe

cmsinaz on August 26, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Watching Mitt with Wallace in Michigan. Generally, pretty good. But he was talking about campaign finance reform and money in politics. WTF?

That said, I thought he did well on the foreign investment and tax returns question. Wallace asked whether it would have been a good idea to sell off all those investments. Mitt, essentially, said maybe and that he could have stopped buying foreign products too–TVs, etc. I think he did a good job of pointing out to the uninformed that investing offshore isn’t some tax scam.

BuckeyeSam on August 26, 2012 at 10:20 AM

cmsinaz on August 26, 2012 at 10:15 AM

pretty gruesome isn’t it? an excellent summary of all the morning shows.
keep doing this so that thousands of others don’t have to watch:)

renalin on August 26, 2012 at 10:22 AM

jimver on August 26, 2012 at 10:02 AM

He was asked about Akin so he answered and gave the explanation you’ve heard over and over, but then hit Obama hard for voting to allow abortionists to finish off babies of botched abortions, voted against gender-selective abortions, etc. He actually hit Obama pretty hard the rest of the segment too and laid out an effective case for Romney. If not for the Akin thing, after hearing him this morning I’d be pretty disappointed that he won’t be speaking.

The Count on August 26, 2012 at 10:25 AM

*facepalm*

renalin on August 26, 2012 at 9:08 AM

I’m have no opinion. I’m just going to push a button and pull a lever.

Axe on August 26, 2012 at 9:15 AM

It was indeed facepalm worthy. My God, all you have to say re:women is that if you value abortion more than a good job and good livelihood, vote for Obama. Otherwise, he’s your guy.

The Count on August 26, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Axe
Well you know common sense isn’t so common, especially for voters…….

angrymike on August 26, 2012 at 10:28 AM

BuckeyeSam on August 26, 2012 at 10:20 AM

he did a good job on the off shore investments. when asked why he was running mitt became noticeable weak. he started talking about how it wasn’t about ego (year riiiiight) and it was about the country blah blah blah.

after 8 years he should have these answers down pat.

renalin on August 26, 2012 at 10:28 AM

George Stephy worried the hurricane might take away the focus from the Republican convention and “prevent the Republicans from getting their message out!”.

Thank you for the concern, Georgie! Oh, and we don’t care about Charlie Crist, bee-bee.

George is the biggest hack, hands down.

Marcus on August 26, 2012 at 10:36 AM

bluegill: “Greta on ABC? Seems so weird”.

Greta Van Susteren is as conservative as Shepard Smith

Belle on August 26, 2012 at 10:38 AM

The Count on August 26, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Are you saying he should quit grabbing rails unnecessarily? You might be right, if I understand you. I’m having enough trouble trying to understand what they’re thinking at the moment (for a whole lot of “they”), let alone whether or not they should be doing it.

Axe on August 26, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Well they’ll certainly try to make that happen. Lord help us if by some chance it hits NO. Obama will be flying in by helicopter for some photo ops and the inevitable Katrina/Bush comparison.Politics aside I hope everyone is saved from any serious problems..

sandee on August 26, 2012 at 10:40 AM

muting dws on mtp….lying through her teeth….

love jan brewer but she is not doing as good as i had hope on this panel…

cmsinaz on August 26, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Some harsh critics posting this morning! I thought it was a really good interview with Chris Wallace; Mitt and Ann are SO likeable- they may have boatloads of money, but they’re real. No way would Mr. and Mrs. Nasty Obama have the ability to be so heartfelt. I would LOVE to see a debate, a discussion, ANYTHING between Michelle and Ann Romney. It’d be game over, fast.

BettyRuth on August 26, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Greta Van Susteren is as conservative as Shepard Smith

Belle on August 26, 2012 at 10:38 AM

And not nearly as pretty! Is it an urban myth, or is Greta a Scientologist?

BettyRuth on August 26, 2012 at 10:47 AM

BettyRuth on August 26, 2012 at 10:47 AM

This was a weird thing to find, but, creepy lists you have to wonder about aside, here go: :)

Axe on August 26, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Marco Rubio did a great job on CBS. Had very clear answers on the various topics and made good contrasts between Romney vs Obama.

bluefox on August 26, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Morning all………..

angrymike on August 26, 2012 at 8:03 AM

…Mid-Morning Mikey!

KOOLAID2 on August 26, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Can somebody force Debbie Whatzername-Shultz to drink a glass of water on TV, to see if she shorts out like the robot babe in “Westworld”? I’d even tune in to “Meet The Press” to watch that… as long as I could have a couple of stiff Bloody Marys beforehand.

drunyan8315 on August 26, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Kisten Powers branding Romneys views as ‘radical’ LMAO!!!
Huckabee still flapping his gums on Akin
On the upside The Huckster will never will another election

sonnyspats1 on August 26, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Heartache. Chuck Crist has endorsed Barack Obama. I know, I’m shocked too.

Doughboy on August 26, 2012 at 8:31 AM

…what color was he?
M
S
M
…it’s the ECONOMY stupid…!!!

KOOLAID2 on August 26, 2012 at 11:05 AM

sheesh.

Terrye on August 26, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I DVR that program. Once I saw who was on the panel I skipped right through it.

I also found Mike Wallace almost gleeful at the prospect Tuesday of the convention might be cancelled. He brought it up at least twice, and probably three or more times.

farsighted on August 26, 2012 at 11:08 AM

I LOVE THE ABC PANEL!!!!!

Mary Matalin and Greta vanSusteren and George Will are kicking a$$. What a pleasant surprise.

Marcus on August 26, 2012 at 11:09 AM

What was the best thing about the ABC panel? Mary and Greta and George knocked the entire “War on Women” out of the park. The blonde ex governor of Michigan (Jennifer Granholm) whats-her-face is getting knocked down every stupid “talking point” she spews. She looks upset. She brought a pen knife to a gun fight and Greta and Mary came with bazzookas.

Marcus on August 26, 2012 at 11:12 AM

To the tune of Beverly Hillbillys’ theme song:

Lemme TELL you all a story
‘Bout a man named Barak.
He GOT elected President
And put us ALL IN HOCK.
Then one day he was being EXTRA rude
And UP from grassroots
Came a RUMBLIN’ mood.
(YOUNG and OLD)
(TEXAS TEA)… (party)

The next thing you know
They were loaded up for bear
Took the House and KICKED old
Pelosi out of there.
THEN  they won the Senate
Kept the House, and GLORY BEEEE
They voted out Obama
ROMNEY/RYAN in DC!
(Biden gone…)
(Harry too !!)

Nana on August 26, 2012 at 11:17 AM

…On MEET the DRESS…DWS has had a makeover!…I think she obtained some of Mitt’s hair tonic…she even wore a decent outfit…went from awful ugly to just ugly…her mouth hasn’t changed though…she can still eat roadkill armadillos right from the pavement!

KOOLAID2 on August 26, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Marcus on August 26, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Now I’m sorry to have missed that.
Hope the vid gets posted here… hint.

pambi on August 26, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Night Owl on August 26, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Duct tape is awesome.

cavalier973 on August 26, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I thought Mitt & Ann did wonderful on fox. Absolutely wonderful. It was candid and intimate.

wolly4321 on August 26, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I scored it, but my comment got eaten and I don’t have the energy to do it again. Weird:

Fox – all RNC
CBS – heavy R
NBC – balanced
ABC – balanced
CNN – almost balanced

The Repub convention has the focus on Republicans, apparently. Unnerving.

Jaibones on August 26, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Uh, ABC will feature the loser mayor from LA. The one hoping for another Obama win so he could get named to a post and get out from under his problems in LA….like his steering LA to the cusp of bankruptcy and stuff like that.

jbh45 on August 26, 2012 at 11:37 AM

You know, Duct Tape is the official tape of the Obama Administration…

parteagirl on August 26, 2012 at 9:27 AM

So Red Green is the new Technology Czar?

Rio Linda Refugee on August 26, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Duct Tape Forever!

Del Dolemonte on August 26, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Belle on August 26, 2012 at 10:38 AM

I like Greta, I am not positive if she leans more to the Left or Right but at least she’s a professional.

Cindy Munford on August 26, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Marcus on August 26, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Um, they let the “Republicans don’t want to let students to vote with college ID” slide without any comment. George helped that by cutting them off.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on August 26, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Cindy Munford on August 26, 2012 at 11:51 AM

…she’s been fair in her dealings with Palin…so she’s alright with me!

KOOLAID2 on August 26, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Bmore
You need a tv to understand the dems talking points………;-)

angrymike on August 26, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Not so, I have had an understanding of the progressive leftist agenda for quite some time. Ten years nearly without tv won’t change my ability to understand their failed philosophical view. They are my enemy. I understand them all to well. The talking points they use can be summed up very easily. They lie. Trust nothing they say. Not one word.

Bmore on August 26, 2012 at 12:02 PM

The Repub convention has the focus on Republicans, apparently. Unnerving.

Jaibones on August 26, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Wow! And an eaten comment to boot. Lol! Thanks as always. ; ) Maybe the comment will show up yet, I’ve had quite a few do that myself.

Bmore on August 26, 2012 at 12:05 PM

When Mary Matalin got through with Jennifer Granholm’s “Romney has never had to face any adversary, he’s never had to suffer a day in his life over anything” , Granholm looked like she wished she’d never gotten out of bed. It was really the last straw for Matalin, and she wasn’t going to sit there and be nice anymore.

Marcus on August 26, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I am in the car yesterday listening to the Redskins game and I get to hear an Obama campaign commercial specifically for Northern Virginia and their horrific traffic problems. It seems that Paul Ryan doesn’t like roads or transportation solutions. Not one word on the $800 Billion dollars in stimulus that apparently should have gone to that and an upgrade on the electrical grid. What did he do with that money? Anyway, I think traffic will be diminished in that area when Gov. Romney is elected. He may not whittle the government down to my preferences but I don’t think we will have czars and staff so it will be something.

Cindy Munford on August 26, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Wha…? DWS is not helping Axlerod and Cutter to pack SloJoe’s bags for the trip south? They’ll likely forget a slicker for him.

socalcon on August 26, 2012 at 12:16 PM

KOOLAID2 on August 26, 2012 at 12:01 PM

She has been giving Rep. Issa all sorts of legal maneuvers to use on the DOJ to get the F & F documents released quicker. She wants him to go for the jugular. I like that.

Cindy Munford on August 26, 2012 at 12:17 PM

socalcon on August 26, 2012 at 12:16 PM

I believe they cancelled his trip due to the storm. They can’t take any chances that someone competent might get the VP slot.

Cindy Munford on August 26, 2012 at 12:18 PM

(moderator) Our first question for the First Lady: What, exactly, is your BMI?

socalcon on August 26, 2012 at 12:29 PM