Busted: “Republican” woman in Obama ad has been a registered Democrat since 2006; Update: Another?

posted at 1:01 pm on August 25, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Via Drudge, the inevitable finish for an ad for a President whose track record on vetting and research has been all too vividly featured in our Obamateurism series.  Earlier this week, Team Obama stepped up its War On Wimminses strategy with this ad, featuring women who identify as Republican but  who intend to vote for Barack Obama in 2012.  However, as the old Sesame Street song used to go, at least one of these women are not like the other:

Maria Ciano who is featured in the web video has been a registered Democrat since October 2006 according to voter registration records.

“People like me and my family have realized that the Republican Party once was inline with our views, but are no longer,” the Colorado resident says in the video.

It’s certainly possible that Ms. Ciano had at one time been Republican.  Her conversion to Democrat had nothing to do with Mitt Romney, or even Barack Obama, however.  And it’s difficult to ascertain exactly what about Romney would have driven the rest of them off, either.  One woman cites Romney’s desire to see Roe overturned, as if she’s never heard that argument in the four decades that Republicans have been making it.  George W. Bush made it just as much of an issue when running for President, if not more; every Republican nominee for President since Reagan has taken that position, as have most of the candidates who failed to get the nomination.  This must be one of the most low-information groups of voters ever featured in a national campaign.

It’s easy to understand why Team Obama wants to run a Republican Women for Obama ad.  Is it too much to ask that they check first to see if the women are actually Republican first?

Update: John Hinderaker delves a little deeper:

Her Facebook page is here; some of her friends congratulate her on appearing in the Obama ad. In addition to the fact that she is a registered Democrat, check out her Facebook “likes.” They make it obvious that Ms. Ciano is a devoted Democrat and a left-wing activist. Here are some of her “likes,” beginning with the earliest in time:

* Democracy For America
* Tar Sands Action
* Amy Goodman
* Barack Obama
* Costoftaxcuts.com
* Being Liberal
* MoveOn.org
* Bernie Sanders Tells You A Secret the GOP Would Rather You Didn’t Know
* Miss Piggy Delivers the Best Takedown of Fox News We’ve Seen All Month
* Think Progress
* The Best Quote From Barack Obama We’ve Seen This Week
* Dow and Monsanto Join Forces to Poison America’s Heartland
* Climate Reality
* Grist.org
* The Amazing Victory Scored With Obama That More People Should Be Talking About
* The Sierra Club
* The Buffett Rule
* Obama For America–Colorado
* UniteWomen.org
* Denver Young Democrats
* Obamacare
* Latinos For Obama
* Michelle Obama
* Veterans For Obama
* I Love It When I Wake Up In the Morning and Obama Is President
* Obama Truth Team
* Democratic Party

Yeah, I know a lot of Republicans who like to join MoveOn, Think Progress, and Climate Reality (and who listen to avowed socialist Bernie Sanders).  Seriously — did Team Obama think that no one would look at Ciano’s Facebook page?

Update II: At the same link, John says another of the women — Ms. Ciano’s mother — appears to be an unlikely Republican. He’s working on checking out the rest oon Facebook.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Remember, Barack Obama insists that, for anyone he hires, he can do their job better than they can.

northdallasthirty on August 25, 2012 at 1:25 PM

You are onto something very, very scary. No one should look at that picture toooo closely. Those lips… those eyes…

de rigueur on August 25, 2012 at 2:10 PM

BWAAHAHAHAHAHA.
Never would have guessed that one !

stenwin77 on August 25, 2012 at 2:10 PM

People, get a grip–it’s just too obvious that the ad was an Onion production. I haven’t laughed so hard in a long time

NOMOBO on August 25, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Didn’t she play “Janet” on Three’s Company.

forest on August 25, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Ah…..

These must be composites of a whole lot of republican women.

Thats’ the ticket.

BobMbx on August 25, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Cons wetting their panties over this non story. Pathetic.

Afrolib on September 14, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Lanceman on August 25, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Ah, a Blast From the Past from the days when we actually had funny Leftist Trolls here. Evidence of a once-proud civilization indeed!

A+++++

Del Dolemonte on August 25, 2012 at 2:15 PM

JUST WENT TO 2016 – EVERYONE MUST GO AND TRY TO BRING AN INDEPENDENT!!!

djl130 on August 25, 2012 at 2:16 PM

President Doofus, smartest president evah.

Fish on August 25, 2012 at 2:16 PM

YOU were on that thread, sir!

Lanceman on August 25, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Hahaha. I’ll have to go look it up.

John the Libertarian on August 25, 2012 at 2:16 PM

John Hinderaker delves a little deeper:

According to the update- he has found a few more of the women are Demos..I wouldn’t be surprised if they all were.

melle1228 on August 25, 2012 at 2:17 PM

These must be composites of a whole lot of republican women.

BobMbx on August 25, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Axe on August 25, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Afrolib on October 8, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Pretty safe bet that “Afrolib” is some 17-year old white kid taking a a part time Axelturf gig to pay for his XBox and Twinkie addiction.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on August 25, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Curse Al Gore and his inventing of the internet! – Team Barry

The truly scary thing about this is, is that this type of thing is not new. Democrats have been pulling these cons out of their playbook and using them on the voting populace for decades, and who knows how many votes they’ve swindled due to our inability to uncover the truth in a timely manner. It hasn’t been until recently that the tools, information and means of instantaneous communication, that the internet provides, have been available to make it possible. The challenge now, is to penetrate the veil of media bias so that would-be Democrat marks can be enlightened to the lies being told to them.

Left Coast Right Mind on August 25, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Hey, anyone notice the Delia Ciano as a friend on Maria’s FB page? Is that the same Delia Ciano, who delighted the crowd “with her ‘I used to be A Republican’ stories”, in this report on 2008 Obama volunteers in Colorado? (Note that Maria’s hat is a Bronco’s hat.) Is that her photo in the bottom left of the page? Is this the same Delia in both?

Note that Maria’s hat is a Bronco’s hat.

If this is the case, then it seems like Maria and her lifelong & conservative mother both had an epiphany about becoming Dems and Obama supporters.

I wonder when Delia’s epiphany to become a liberal was?

Dusty on August 25, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Did she purge her FB page? looks like it now.

Mike Morrissey on August 25, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Found her page.

Her name is Maria-Ciano Adrian-Dillingham on FB.
Her latest post is he joy at being in the ad.

Bitter Clinger on August 25, 2012 at 2:24 PM

“I love it when I wake up in the morning and Obama is President”

I just can’t love this enough- it’s going to be SO gratifying come November when idiots like this wake up to a Romney Presidency. People who write dumb stuff like that ought to have their voting rights revoked.

BettyRuth on August 25, 2012 at 2:24 PM

*her joy

Bitter Clinger on August 25, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I wonder when Delia’s epiphany to become a liberal was?

Dusty on August 25, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Powerline says she’s IN THE AD TOO.

Red Cloud on August 25, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Great catch, Dusty. It should be added as an update to the OP.

andycanuck on August 25, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Update at Powerline, another one isn’t “Republican” either and has met personally with Michelle Obama in the past.

crosspatch on August 25, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Note that Maria’s hat is a Bronco’s hat.

I wonder when Delia’s epiphany to become a liberal was?

Dusty on August 25, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Yep it looks like the same woman. They show a picture of her on that website, and if she isn’t a twin located in the same state then it’s her. :)

melle1228 on August 25, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Dusty, might want to add that info to the comments at the Power Line story.
b

crosspatch on August 25, 2012 at 2:29 PM

I wonder when Delia’s epiphany to become a liberal was?

Dusty on August 25, 2012 at 2:21 PM

When she realized she was a brown skinned people.

Lanceman on August 25, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Probably shortly after her 18th birthday. Prior to that, you aren’t a member of any party. Affiliates, sure. But you aren’t a registered voter until you turn 18.

BobMbx on August 25, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I talked a gay, vegetarian artist who works for a university into voting for Romney. (Key word in convincing him: responsibility) He would never make a video announcing it for fear of losing his job. This problem with people being reluctant to make such videos is something both sides run into when making such videos–not that I have any sympathy for the Obama campaign.

thuja on August 25, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Suggested Alternative Headline: Registered Democrat notes: “I’m totally voting for Obama.”

kburchard on August 25, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Busted…

lsm—-crickets chirp…

cmsinaz on August 25, 2012 at 2:38 PM

[melle1228 on August 25, 2012 at 2:27 PM]

Thanks. I’m terrible at face recognition. I’d never have spotted her in the Obama ad. I just went off the Maria’s FB page. There’s another Ciano in the like list but I don’t have a FB account so I can’t go to it.

Dusty on August 25, 2012 at 2:40 PM

well, at least they didn’t feature a dead person, guess that would be a bit too necrophiliac for even for the low Dims’ taste :-)…

jimver on August 25, 2012 at 2:42 PM

The Obama team should have recruited its esteemed Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, to appear in this ad, then the comical affect would be complete. After all, she was a member of the Young Republicans in college.

GeoffK on August 25, 2012 at 2:42 PM

[BobMbx on August 25, 2012 at 2:32 PM]

That’s why I was hoping someone could check Delia’s registration. That could confirm just how life-long Maria’s republican and conservative family was.

Dusty on August 25, 2012 at 2:43 PM

My favorite comment on Youtube under the ad:

“I am voting for Obama because the tea party has destroyed fiscal conservatism..”

Bwaaaaahhhaaaa…

melle1228 on August 25, 2012 at 2:44 PM

At one minute in the 60ish looking lady
mentions birth control & abortion?
Something she is likely to never
need again….
These women are pathetic and
very misinformed.
The democrats are the extreme party
of death.

redguy on August 25, 2012 at 2:45 PM

I love Mark Steyn:

(*forthcoming Romney ad featuring endorsements from lifelong liberal Democrat women Ann Coulter, Michelle Malkin, Laura Bush, Phyllis Schlafly, and me in a black cocktail dress)

melle1228 on August 25, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I had to laugh at the 80ish year old woman and 69-70ish woman whose main concern is not being able to get an abortion or birth control. You’d think they’d be worrying about where to get their next Primarin fix.

MissyB on August 25, 2012 at 2:46 PM

When she realized she was a brown skinned people.

Lanceman on August 25, 2012 at 2:30 PM

I KNEW there had to be a moment when she reliazed she had to steal and lie from Whites!

Thanks Lance!

Whites have let themselves be convinced that it is racist merely to object to dispossession, much less to work for their own interests. Never before has a people been fooled into thinking that there was virtue or nobility in surrendering its heritage,
and giving away to others its place in history, only whites have been tricked into thinking that love for their own people is somehow “hatred” of others. The scream of “Racism” has been a club for too long. Thank Goodness Whites are waking up.

Bulletchaser on August 25, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Dusty, might want to add that info to the comments at the Power Line story.
b

[crosspatch on August 25, 2012 at 2:29 PM]

I suppose, but then I have to join some freakin’ registration system. I put it up here so HA could get the scoop. Alas, they don’t bother much with the comments section here.

I’ll go to Ace’s. Oops, no I won’t; they haven’t covered this yet.

Dusty on August 25, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Bwaaaaahhhaaaa…

melle1228 on August 25, 2012 at 2:44 PM

The concern trolls are so organized this time around it’s a little creepy. But their script is being written by monkeys banging on typewriters or something.

Axe on August 25, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Useful idiots getting less and less useful in the internet age.

Rational Thought on August 25, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Did they really throw a line in there saying if you are for small government, then Obama should be your choice?!? lulz

deuce on August 25, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Remember…Barry is a mooslem….and it’s OK to lie to accomplish mooslem agenda.

dirtengineer on August 25, 2012 at 2:55 PM

In an update, John Hinderaker at Powerline has identified yet another of the “Republican” women for Obama — turns out that, although she is not identified in the ad, she is boasting about her “appearance” in the ad on FaceBook, and she has identified herself as the mother of Maria Cilano.

From John’s update:

The women in the video aren’t named, but she is Delia Ciano–none other than Maria Ciano’s mother. Her Facebook page, like her daughter’s, is revealing. She put up a link to the Obama video and writes, “Maria and I are part of this video. I hope you watch.”

Well, guess it’s time for Team Obama to trot out Stephanie Cutter to swear that the Obama campaign was completely unaware of the fact that Maria was a registered Democrat, or that her mother was one of the featured faux-Republicans.

These clowns really are pathetic!

Trochilus on August 25, 2012 at 2:55 PM

You know this is all a propaganda piece trying to make us believe a lie…

By which I mean, I keep hearing this “Facebook” thing being touted as a force for good. I’m still not buying it.

Yeah, the Obama ad is phony crap too, but that goes without saying.

Gingotts on August 25, 2012 at 2:55 PM

The Obama campaign is a tissue of lies.

claudius on August 25, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I’m not a Republican, but I play one in Obama ads.

I love Mark Steyn:

melle1228 on August 25, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Would these lovely people consider making this ad? It would be a huge morale booster.

talkingpoints on August 25, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Gingotts on August 25, 2012 at 2:55 PM

We all live in a yellow panopticon, yellow panopticon, yellow panopticon.

thuja on August 25, 2012 at 3:01 PM

lsm outrage????

yeah I didn’t think so…

cmsinaz on August 25, 2012 at 3:05 PM

According to her FB page, she worked for the Adams County Housing Authority from 2009 to 2011. Such a hotbed for conservatives.

blammm on August 25, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Since I used to be on the Left, can I join Marxists For Romney?

ConservativeLA on August 25, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Breaking – life long republican Stephanie Cutter voting for Obama

Ellis on August 25, 2012 at 3:13 PM

But, but, but that can’t be. The younger Ms Ciano says right on the vid she grew up in a Republican family. How can Mom be a Dem too? How very strange.

My favorite is the old lady who voted for Reagan a gazillion times and is now concerned about Romney’s position on women’s rights. Senility hitting, maybe?

CJ on August 25, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Best thing from the FB page (given her “history as a Republican”):

blammm on August 25, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Absolutely hilarious.

Useful idiots everyone.

There is no way any person who voted for and liked Ronald Reagan is happy with this Marxist.

JellyToast on August 25, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Is she related to Debbie Washerwoman or the Cutter?

bayview on August 25, 2012 at 3:22 PM

When I was 6, I was a big, big fan of Michael Dukakis. (My parents supported Bush pere and I was kind of a contrarian as a child)

Governor Romney, if you want to respond with a Democrats for Romney web ad, I’m your man.

Red Cloud on August 25, 2012 at 3:23 PM

talkingpoints on August 25, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Oh. My. God. Steyn decked out in a dress and pearls, along with Coulter, Malkin, and Schlafly calling themselves “another lifelong democrat voting for Romney” would be HILARIOUS! Do it! Do it! Do it!

Rational Thought on August 25, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Red Cloud on August 25, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Citizens United already did it with the film “The Hope and the Change” — and they hired Pat Caudel, a democrat pollster, to find them ONLY actual democrats and indies who voted for barack for it. Hannity devoted his entire hour to it last night, and the filmmakers said they have a TV deal to show it between now and the election. It’s the real deal.

Rational Thought on August 25, 2012 at 3:28 PM

thuja on August 25, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Good for you. I like that word, responsibility that you used. Been thinking of one that would work when speaking to Republicans/Conservatives/Christians that aren’t interested in voting.

bluefox on August 25, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Anybody check OpenSecrets on these chicks?

mankai on August 25, 2012 at 3:29 PM

I wore a “McGovern for President” pin to school in the 1st grade and I led the charge for Carter in our school’s 1976 mock election. My dad ran for township commissioner as a Democrat, twice.

I’m ready for my close-up, Mr. Romney.

mankai on August 25, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Yet another lie by Obama… nothing new… We have one word for this fool, on November 6 2012 we are going to utterly defeat you…

mnjg on August 25, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Lying deceitful shameless bastards. Perfect qualities for politics; not so much for leadership.

hillbillyjim on August 25, 2012 at 3:35 PM

I have found that a very common tactic by liberals on comment forums is to say things like “I have been a Republican all my life but am so disgusted with today’s far-right extremists in the GOP that I will vote for the Dems because they…blah blah…compromise…blah…pragmatic…blah… middle classes…blibbety.

Sharke on August 25, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Sharke on August 25, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Its easier with liberals.

They never heard of, let alone ever had, honor, integrity or honesty.

cozmo on August 25, 2012 at 3:40 PM

This one girl’s facebook page has her liking “being liberal” too. How can you like being liberal then appear on a commercial claiming to have turned away from the GOP because you’re just a moderate with no affiliation?!

TheBlueSite on August 25, 2012 at 3:45 PM

They should have put Michael Moore in the political Ad as a Republican Woman now voting for Obama.

We can watch the spittle flying as he explains his transistion to Obama supporter.

Varchild on August 25, 2012 at 3:45 PM

talkingpoints on August 25, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Rational Thought on August 25, 2012 at 3:25 PM

And who says that blogs are boring? HA and the commenters are the best!!! Love the QOTD with talent, humor and topics galore!!

bluefox on August 25, 2012 at 3:45 PM

They’re all Democrats!

TheLastBrainLeft on August 25, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Is this really a surprise to ANYONE?? I knew the moment I saw this that these women are a bunch of frauds.

Democrats use this kind of deceptive tactic all the time. Remember the “doctor” Shiela Jackson Lee used to a sell Obamacare — when it turned out she wasn’t a doctor at all?

Democrats are lying Communist SCUM!!!

FredrickB on August 25, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Another DIMocrat-lying-false campaign ad… who knew? Almost as bad as the cancer ad…

Khun Joe on August 25, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Couple this with the Soptic ad where he is wearing the exact some shirt for the Obama PAC piece as he did for the Obama ad (however, they did change the venue).

Just more evidence that Herman Cain is right when he says:

“They think we’re stu-pid!”

NeoDawg on August 25, 2012 at 3:52 PM

When I saw the phrase “former Republican” I immediately thought of the episode of Star Trek (The Original Series) called Naked Time, when Sulu is cavorting about as if he’s a Musketeer, and grabs Uhura and pushes her behind him, saying, “I’ll protect you, fair maiden.” Her response is “Sorry, neither.” (As she pushes him away and Spock gives him the old neck pinch.)

GWB on August 24, 2012 at 8:06 PM

From the original thread. I knew this would come out. Heh.

GWB on August 25, 2012 at 3:56 PM

I just made a video with Bill Kristol, Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter, and Jim Treacher where they all say they’re lifelong Democrats and they’re voting for Romney because they’re just too upset that the Democratic party has moved too far left and has endorsed taxing the Rich.

I was going to get Rush Limbaugh, but I wanted it to be believable.

Nethicus on August 25, 2012 at 4:03 PM

I Love It When I Wake Up In the Morning and Obama Is President

Mentioned this a few days ago here-it’s an actual Facebook page.

If one needs any proof that O’bama Worship is a Cult, this is it. We’re turning into North Korea sooner than we think!

Del Dolemonte on August 25, 2012 at 4:09 PM

A day without a sunrise will come before one without Child Prince Choomie lying to me.

Chuck Schick on August 25, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Afrolib on October 8, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on August 25, 2012 at 2:21 PM

No . . . more likely she is a “Republican” woman, at least according to Stephanie Cutter.

Trochilus on August 25, 2012 at 4:18 PM

lsm outrage????

yeah I didn’t think so…

cmsinaz on August 25, 2012 at 3:05 PM

…we all are waiting because you know if the reverse happened the outrage would be 24/7. I’m waiting for the MSM to dig up dirt on these people who voted for JugEars in ’08 and have been publicly vocal on the failure of the Liar-in-Chief, and will not bite again. You know there will be lead stories of some background check to discredit them!

KOOLAID2 on August 25, 2012 at 4:22 PM

So even though Maria & her mother have not supported GOP candidates or positions since 2006, in fact have been registered Dems since then, they still feel they can speak for Republican women? Those Latinas should be able to comprehend that they now qualify as Democrats.

katiejane on August 25, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Ah…..

These must be composites of a whole lot of republican women.

Thats’ the ticket.

BobMbx on August 25, 2012 at 2:14 PM

You made me laugh out loud! Often ridicule is the best weapon.

Drained Brain on August 25, 2012 at 4:25 PM

I was going to get Rush Limbaugh, but I wanted it to be believable.

Nethicus on August 25, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Sorry, but Mark Steyn beat you to it with that basic idea. And, he made it doubly funny by including himself wearing a black cocktail dress.

From his post at NRO:

Trochilus on August 25, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Did anyone see those internals on the PA poll that showed Obama up over Romney?

It was posted up earlier, but now it’s gone.

I was just wondering what the oversampling of Dems looked like.

PappyD61 on August 25, 2012 at 4:33 PM

“Wimminses”.

LOL

LSUtigers on August 25, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Oooooooh, the plot siiiickens:

Ken Farris · CEO & President at Exteme Sports, Inc

John, it is worse than just fake Republicans in the ad. When posted to YouTube, the first 100 or so comments were posted within hours of the video going up. They were all the same thing. Women claiming to be Republicans and agreeing with Obama. This is the lowest quality online “reputation management” I have seen in a long time.
Reply · Like · Follow Post · 2 hours ago

Sekhmet on August 25, 2012 at 4:45 PM

This is the problem with the Saul Alinsky tactics chaps…they may have worked in the 1940′s and 1950′s…but it’s the 21st century and we can easily get the truth our on your asses…

StevefromMKE on August 25, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Some people will pretend to be anything to get their 15 minutes of fame–or infamy.

stukinIL4now on August 25, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Ciano has high cheekbones. Must be Cherokee from Massachusetts.

ex Dem from Miami on August 25, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Ciano has high cheekbones. Must be Cherokee from Massachusetts.

ex Dem from Miami on August 25, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Heap Funny, Kemo Sabe!

Del Dolemonte on August 25, 2012 at 5:03 PM

OT. link at drudge: 70% of Obama twitter followers are fake aka astroturf.

tom daschle concerned on August 25, 2012 at 5:10 PM

I demand that Ms. Ciano release at least five years of her abortion records.

Pork-Chop on August 25, 2012 at 5:13 PM

“Republican born, Republican bred.
And when I die, I’ll be Republican dead.”

And I voted twice for President Reagan (en cada dos elecciones), but this year I’m claiming “Democrat for Mitt.”

Yah, that’s the ticket.

texacalirose on August 25, 2012 at 5:19 PM

My favorite comment on Youtube under the ad:

Bwaaaaahhhaaaa…

melle1228 on August 25, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I tried to comment at youtube, but my comment didn’t post and is being held in moderation. It looks like I’m not the only one.

Pathetic.

redridinghood on August 25, 2012 at 5:21 PM

I the mom is Delia Ciano then she’s a Dem from top to bottom. Her likes are Daily Kos, etc. Her wall is full of articles about Todd Aikn, Faux News, etc.

Two busted so far!

poppieseeds on August 25, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Come on give our young leader Obama a break.After all we all know that the truth does not matter. Probably the real Rep women they were going to use were just unable to speak as well on camera.

logman1 on August 25, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Pathetic.

redridinghood on August 25, 2012 at 5:21 PM

The moderators have my user name in permanent timeout. I tried to post a negative comment several months ago & since then I’ve tried to post positive and negative comments, however the moderator has not let any of my comments get on the YouTube page. I think they may let in a tiny tiny percentage of negative comments thru but so far I’m totally blocked from their videos.

poppieseeds on August 25, 2012 at 5:36 PM

The illusion that Obama’s “the most interesting man in the world” complete with fake twitter followers and faux Repulican women. Stay stupid, my liberal friends.

redridinghood on August 25, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Ed, also from John Hinderaker’s post:

Ms. Ciano’s Facebook page also reveals that she was part of a small group that met with Michelle Obama when Mrs. Obama was in Colorado on August 11, presumably indicating that she has some stature in the Obama campaign.

So obviously, neither Maria Ciano nor her mother Delia is a “Republican woman” who is crossing over or changing her mind to vote for Obama.
. . . .

So, these folks are not just “sympathetic” converts. Delia’s decription casts her as a Democrat political operative, as she was earlier this month, “so honored to be invited to this special event” (her words) to meet and speak with Michelle Obama!

She took and posted (on faceBook) several photos of Mrs. Obama at the event, and she says she is now waiting for the “professional” photos of her with Mrs. Obama to come back. She also said she was one of only a very few people who were allowed to take photos with Mrs. Obama in a “private room.”

Nice! Gee, how long before some enterprising reporter tracks down the depth of that operative connection . . . such as asking if she, and or Maria, or both, are on the Obama payroll, or were otherwise compensated for their starring roles in that bogus ad, falsely posing as “Republican” women?

Having professional “private photos” taken with politicians or their wives is a well-known fund-raising technique. People pay big bucks in the form of contributions to have such photos taken.

Anyway, I suspect we’ll see a story about it sometime . . . say, on or after November 7th, if ever?

Trochilus on August 25, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Dem Woman: “What about the warts that will pop out on my nose as soon as I say the R-word?”

Admakers: “We’ll airbrush those out while we also make you look 20 lbs thinner, 20 years younger and 20 degrees hotter. After that you can visit the Planned Parenthood clinic; we’re pretty sure wart removal is one of the other services they offer.”

Marcola on August 25, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Her mom’s a raving liberal, too. The whole ad is a fraud.

John the Libertarian on August 25, 2012 at 6:03 PM