Rick Warren cancels presidential civility forum due to … candidates’ incivility

posted at 9:06 pm on August 23, 2012 by Allahpundit

He’s superficially evenhanded in his criticism, singling neither of them out while concluding, “It would be hypocritical to pretend civility for one evening only to have the name-calling return the next day.” But lest you doubt which side he’s really peeved at, note that he’s replacing the civility forum with a forum devoted to religious freedom. Quote:

Q. You said you canceled the presidential civil forum because of the negativity and a larger issue. What is that?

A. It is the crumbling of our constitution’s first guaranteed freedom: the freedom of religion. This issue is more significant and has far greater implications for America’s future. People have forgotten that America was founded by people who came here to escape religious persecution. Freedom of religion is the first freedom mentioned in the Bill of Rights – before freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom to assemble, and every other freedom.

And yet today, at the city, the state, and the federal levels, government bureaucrats are daily trying to limit that freedom, impose restrictions, and stifle expressions of faith on campuses, in hospitals, and in businesses. There are widespread attempts to redefine the First Amendment to simply mean “You are free to believe anything at your place of worship but you are not free to practice your conscience elsewhere.”…

President Obama’s policies clearly show what he values and I have told him that I adamantly disagree with those particular policies. I have not talked about this issue with Governor Romney, but I would imagine that as a Mormon he’d obviously understand the importance of protecting all religions against persecution, and ensuring people’s rights to practice their conscience without government intervention.

Go figure that The One wasn’t eager to sit down with him in a televised interview 10 weeks before the election and be quizzed on why he can’t carve out a conscience exemption to his contraception mandate for Catholic-affiliated health-insurance plans. The last place this guy wants to be on the eve of a four-day seminar on the “war on women” and the glories of “choice” at the Democratic convention is face to face with a famous evangelical leader. In fact, according to sources who spoke to CNN, the civility forum wasn’t canceled because Warren is disgusted with both sides, it was canceled because neither candidate wanted to take the risk of doing it. Said a source close to Mitt’s campaign, “We were never going, ever. We offered to do a video.” Romney would face at least two major risks in a format like that. One: Warren might grill him specifically on his prior support for abortion rights. Mitt’s answered that question a million times before but I’m sure he doesn’t want any fresh reminders at a moment when he’s asking the conservative base to turn out for him. Two: More generally, Romney’s desperate to turn the campaign back towards the economy and bread and butter issues and a high-stakes exchange on “values” cuts directly against that, especially at a moment when Obama’s trying to make the election into a culture war to distract from his record. For instance, given all the attention to Akin lately, he’d practically be guaranteed a question on whether there should be an exception for rape in abortion bans. How eager do you think he is to field that one? Hint, hint.

As for Warren’s point about the negativity of the campaign, fair enough, but it’s worth noting that more voters now think Obama’s attacked Romney unfairly (44 percent) than vice versa (40 percent). In fact, take two minutes and read this fascinating piece at The Hill noting the surprising success Romney’s had with his ad pointing out the sleaziness of the infamous Obama Super PAC steelworker cancer ad. I never would have guessed that voters paid close enough attention to ads to care which ones are fair and which aren’t, but yep, they do. And it sounds like Romney’s doing some damage to Bambi’s hopey-changey image by pointing out just how unfair he’s been.

Comments

Why does Obama hate grandparents and want to kill them?

Obama, the man really pushing Grandma off a cliff.

SWalker on August 23, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Allapundit:

Can you confirm that Uppereastside/inthemiddle is (are?) banned, please?

I don’t want to post quotes from banned has-beens.

rogerb on August 23, 2012 at 9:11 PM

I can’t even imagine how devastated the 0bama campaign must be by this. I’m sure that trying to act like he cares what Judeo-Christian voters think must be high atop 0bama’s list of fave activities…

cynccook on August 23, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Ouch

Electrongod on August 23, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Allapundit:

Can you confirm that Uppereastside/inthemiddle is (are?) banned, please?

I don’t want to post quotes from banned has-beens.

rogerb on August 23, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Oh! Say it ain’t so!

cynccook on August 23, 2012 at 9:11 PM

I don’t want to post quotes from banned has-beens.

rogerb on August 23, 2012 at 9:11 PM

I don’t mind :)

Electrongod on August 23, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Civility is vastly overrated. Go bears!!

rik on August 23, 2012 at 9:13 PM

How about truthfully professing that neither Barry nor Romney took him up for making appearance in his forum instead ?

bayview on August 23, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Being civil is above his pay grade.

SouthernGent on August 23, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Being civil is above his pay grade.

SouthernGent on August 23, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Breathing is above his pay grade !!

rik on August 23, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Oh, I’ll be seeing posts about that on FB, ‘Romney refuses to address rape!!!!’ Yeah, imagine that…he’d actually like to focus on the stuff most people actually care about. The nerve.

changer1701 on August 23, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Rick Warren cancels presidential civility forum due to … candidates’ incivility

Frankly, I wouldn’t want to host a “civility forum” if I hated one of the participants’ guts either.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on August 23, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Rick Warren obviosly doesn’t read hot air.

gerrym51 on August 23, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Why does Obama hate grandparents and want to kill them?

SWalker on August 23, 2012 at 9:10 PM

The same reason he hates the mexican people and had 300 of them killed?

Alberta_Patriot on August 23, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Obama’s Hope and Change:

He hopes he can sling enough mud to repulse voters on Romney/Ryan.

He changed the traditional etiquette of going dark during the opponents campaign.

Well one out of two isn’t bad.

HoustonRight on August 23, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Oh! Say it ain’t so!

cynccook on August 23, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Don’t be surprised, after the next registration, we see UpperNorthSide and InTheCenter…

Electrongod on August 23, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Why does Obama hate grandparents and want to kill them?

SWalker on August 23, 2012 at 9:10 PM

The same reason he hates the mexican people and had 300 of them killed?

Alberta_Patriot on August 23, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Is there anyone Obama does not hate and want to kill? Who is not on his official “Kill List”?

SWalker on August 23, 2012 at 9:20 PM

To quote another untouchable “rick have a coke and shut the f**k up

rik on August 23, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I welcome the forum on religious freedom. I don’t think I could stomach watching Obama feign civility.

DrStock on August 23, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Looks like the headline should have read “candidate’s incivility” instead of “candidates’ incivility.”

DrStock on August 23, 2012 at 9:23 PM

So, this pastor has a little trouble with the truth himself?

Bitter Clinger on August 23, 2012 at 9:24 PM

I think UES caught the hammer to the head..took tooo long imo..glad hes gone..well..sure he has a sock. Whateverz. He’ll be back. Bet it up.

Good for Warren.
Not that I really care. Others do, guess that is the point.

bazil9 on August 23, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Rick Warren obviosly doesn’t read hot air.

gerrym51 on August 23, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Only because no one pays him to read hot air. Rick Warren is a fat ( reallt fat) sack of Obama!!

Obviously fify

rik on August 23, 2012 at 9:25 PM

SWalker on August 23, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Somehow, Biden has survived.

Bitter Clinger on August 23, 2012 at 9:25 PM

bazil9 on August 23, 2012 at 9:24 PM

I missed it – damn

If the little “flea” that’s posting up a storm the last few days gets banned and I miss it, I’m going to be upset LOL!

gophergirl on August 23, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Somehow, Biden has survived.

Bitter Clinger on August 23, 2012 at 9:25 PM

AP Lives??

rik on August 23, 2012 at 9:28 PM

bazil9 on August 23, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Good riddance.

slickwillie2001 on August 23, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Glad to see that ad is so successful. Obama doesn’t have many other cards to play. The war on women got a second life, but it appears the dem’s are going to botch that with their 3 day fetus extermination celebration. Mediscare is getting neutralized.

If he can’t continue with the cheap shots, without receiving punishment in the polls, then he’s got little else left.

stldave on August 23, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Good. Actually, great news.

lester on August 23, 2012 at 9:30 PM

So what is civility to Warren? Letting a pro third trimester abortion/anti infant born alive act Senator get away with “above my pay grade?” Is that civility?

29Victor on August 23, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Hmm, I seem to recall that Rick Warren gave the prayer at Obama’s inuaguration.

Why, here it is.

And wasn’t he on Obama’s “faith advisory board?”

Why yes, he was.

Guess all that letting Obama use you to pretend to he was all cool with Christian values didn’t pay off the way you hoped, huh Pastor Warren?

Dark Star on August 23, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Warren ran the best debate of the ’08 season, but he’s right to cancel this one. Four years ago he gave obama cover by saying he was a patriot. Holding this debate, after seeing obama in action for four years, would have been the height of hypocrisy. It never should have been considered.

paul1149 on August 23, 2012 at 9:35 PM

cynccook on August 23, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Think that has anything to do with the boy king and family attending church services last Sunday?

Flora Duh on August 23, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Warren doesn’t speak for Christianity…he is a hard one to figure

crosshugger on August 23, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Rick Warren is bearing false witness by lumping Romney in with Obama. He should be ashamed of himself and pray to God for forgiveness.

VorDaj on August 23, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Hmm, I seem to recall that Rick Warren gave the prayer at Obama’s inuaguration.

Why, here it is.

Dark Star on August 23, 2012 at 9:32 PM

..then there’s that creepy feeling one gets when one watches your link, DS, that maybe Obama thinks Warren is actually praying to him and not The Almighty.

The War Planner on August 23, 2012 at 9:39 PM

I missed it – damn

gophergirl on August 23, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I missed it too..but I have friends in high places. :) Who is flea? Besides Red Hot CPepps.

He continued with his racist rants and about LTC West. Like many..they escalate to that over a period of time.
Besides telling RMW to suck him off..and calling LTC West Tyrone..he was on his way. A pattern I notice with the foamers.
What lies behind the mask usually comes out.

On to Rick and his Hawaiian shirts.

I’m not Catholic..but can someone square this circle for me? You have Pelosi and Biden..Catholics..then Santorums..wth is that? Pretty big diff. Why does the Cath vote- vote more liberal? The born agains make Warren their spokesperson..*shakes head* why I dont go to church anymore.

bazil9 on August 23, 2012 at 9:39 PM

paul1149 on August 23, 2012 at 9:35 PM

WTFAYTA!!

rik on August 23, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I am so glad Warren reignited this issue.

John the Libertarian on August 23, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Fine with me. Warren’s intervention was annoying the last time around. The only benefit from that conversation was that BO admitted something was above his pay grade…… hardly a stunning revelation for those of us who did our homework.

Meh…

Cody1991 on August 23, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Dark Star on August 23, 2012 at 9:32 PM
hi σκοτεινό άστρο-μια μέρα θα καλύψουν τη διαφορά.

bazil9 on August 23, 2012 at 9:42 PM

The War Planner on August 23, 2012 at 9:39 PM

That’s not a feeling — that’s a fact.

Obama is always the most interesting guy in the room, didn’t ya know?

Dark Star on August 23, 2012 at 9:42 PM

bazil9 on August 23, 2012 at 9:39 PM

The flea is the good Dr. Tesla.

I’m born again and Rick Warren does not speak for me. Never cared for the man myself.

gophergirl on August 23, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Who is flea?

bazil9 on August 23, 2012 at 9:39 PM

They made his autobiography into a movie.

jaime on August 23, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Good. Actually, great news.

lester on August 23, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Care to expand?
I could speak for you but that wouldnt be right.

bazil9 on August 23, 2012 at 9:44 PM

bazil9 on August 23, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Catch up what?

Sorry, I’m not 100% sure what you mean there.

Dark Star on August 23, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Is lester the new default Axeltroll?

steebo77 on August 23, 2012 at 9:44 PM

bazil9 on August 23, 2012 at 9:44 PM

lester’s a liberal troll

jaime on August 23, 2012 at 9:46 PM

bazil9 on August 23, 2012 at 9:39 PM

There’s a big Catholic “social justice” sect within the Catholic Church, especially among the Jesuits — and the Jesuits are the biggest group of Catholics involved in education (Georgetown, Loyola, countless Catholic high schools, etc).

And the Catholic Church, as a whole, is one of the biggest charitable organizations in the world via Catholic Charities organizations.

IMO, somewhere along the way a lot of Catholics confused being “charitable” with voting for the Dems.

Dark Star on August 23, 2012 at 9:49 PM

The flea is the good Dr. Tesla.

gophergirl on August 23, 2012 at 9:42 PM

haha..I see. The flea. More like a Tic. ;)
My mom is Born again..She isnt fond of Warren either. Didnt mean an insult to you.
I am not fond of those deemed “religious leaders”. Or the mix in politics and religion. Thats just me.

bazil9 on August 23, 2012 at 9:50 PM

bazil9 on August 23, 2012 at 9:44 PM

lester’s a liberal troll

jaime on August 23, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I gathered that J. Why I said I could speak for him..gave him a chance. :)

bazil9 on August 23, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Hey Rick, after your performance in 2008, refusing to follow up on Obama’s support for infanticide, you should feel free to STFU.

Stick to raising money for your church. You’re obviously not qualified to comment on politics.

mbecker908 on August 23, 2012 at 9:52 PM

haha..I see. The flea. More like a Tic. ;)

bazil9 on August 23, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Didn’t take it as an insult :)

gophergirl on August 23, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Those policies were evident to all conservatives prior to the election. That Warren is only now coming to the same conclusion is not a generous revelation.

chimney sweep on August 23, 2012 at 9:54 PM

bazil9 on August 23, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Catch up what?

Sorry, I’m not 100% sure what you mean there.

Dark Star on August 23, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Dark Star..I felt so bad..I was going to my Greek family reunion and you posted something nice to me and I missed it. I used the translate tool..didnt come out the way I wanted it to. Just a Greek thing. :)

Dark Star on August 23, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Thank you. As an Orthodox mutt..they confuse me.

bazil9 on August 23, 2012 at 9:55 PM

bazil9 on August 23, 2012 at 9:39 PM

As a Catholic–albeit a somewhat lapsed one–generally the difference comes between whether or not you think the non-abortion social teaching outweighs the abortion teaching. When I was in Catholic school back in the 80s and early 90s, most of the clergy I knew were basically pro-life socialists. The church considers abortion “intrinsically evil”, so theoretically that should outweigh whether or not welfare benefits last 52 weeks instead of 99 weeks, etc.

Not everyone sees it that way, obviously. But given how the two political parties in America are aligned, it can be tricky to figure out which way the Catholic vote would go.

If the Democrats were officially the pro-life party, then you might see them regularly draw 60-70% of the Catholic vote.

JimLennon on August 23, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Didn’t take it as an insult :)

gophergirl on August 23, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Thanks..everyone is a little testy these days. Posts can be mis-understood. Especially religious ones. :)

bazil9 on August 23, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Dark Star on August 23, 2012 at 9:49 PM

This. Although for the most part the nuns, priests, and brothers who I had as teachers were either Franciscan or Dominican instead of Jesuit. Also, if I remember correctly, nuns generally live in a communal style arrangement, so maybe the daily routine of communist living just sort of spills over into the larger worldview, I guess.

Dark Star on August 23, 2012 at 9:49 PM

This, too.

JimLennon on August 23, 2012 at 10:04 PM

bazil9 on August 23, 2012 at 9:55 PM

First, you have nothing to feel bad about. :-)
Second, I’m Orthodox too but I went to Catholic schools all my life so I’m pretty familiar (plus, there was that whole East-West Rome-Constantinople split in the Church in 1054 AD, so the Catholic & Orthodox religion rooted together historically and share much of the same doctrine).

JimLennon on August 23, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Yes, the Franciscan & Dominicans are also very involved in education too. I didn’t mean to imply it was only the Jesuits, just that the Jesuits had a lot of involvement in education.

Dark Star on August 23, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Hah…Obama lied to Warren’s face last time around.

OxyCon on August 23, 2012 at 10:19 PM

NBC has a one hour special on Mormonism as we speak, heeeeeeeeeere we go!

kg598301 on August 23, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Oh yeah, so far they are racist, sexist, anti-gay and crazy. Pretty much what you’d expect.

kg598301 on August 23, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Well I don’t think much of Rick Warren’s theology but I gotta say I agree with him on this!

kg598301 on August 23, 2012 at 10:42 PM

…shiny!

KOOLAID2 on August 23, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Rick Warren, you’re not Billy Graham.

Rick……….NOT A FAN of yours.

You let Obama off when you let him get away with that “not above my pay grade” comment back in 2008. You had someone sitting in the seat next to you that supports genocide in the black community. He wouldn’t even support giving medical help to a baby that survived a botched abortion!!!! Good grief.

PappyD61 on August 23, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Awwwww…no Rick Warren-hosted candidate feel good thingy this time around? Now all the excitement is gone for me this election season/

Dr. ZhivBlago on August 23, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Civility-shmivility..

Our political history has had a sitting Vice President (Burr) duel to the death a Secretary of the Treasury (Hamilton) with one of them dying.

Until that happens again – this is nothing but verbal dodgeball.

rgrovr on August 23, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Can’t stand Warren, but whatever helps eject Obama is a useful catapult.

profitsbeard on August 23, 2012 at 11:36 PM

The courage of Mitt Romney.

newtopia on August 23, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Oh! Say it ain’t so!

cynccook on August 23, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Electrongod on August 23, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Hey, if we’re only talking ourselves not much will get accomplished.

I agree those two crossed the line a couple of times, and HA commenters handed them their rears, but preaching to the choir doesn’t get you very far.

ccrosby on August 23, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Rick Warren is a pandering fool, who would give up his convictions in a heartbeat to get publicity for himself. What he did in 2008 was just short of complete apostasy. Not quite Joel Olsteen territory, but getting close.

tballard on August 23, 2012 at 11:59 PM

The first time out Øbama simply dodged all the questions and offered bromides and bumper stickers for answers. It was pointless.

I loved Rick’s book “The Purpose Driven Life” and Saddleback is a great church, but he personally has been a disappointment. If you want a rip roaring time have Paster Hagee in San Antonio interview Dumb and Dumber as well as R&R. Now THAT would be great TV.

Mojave Mark on August 24, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Dark Star on August 23, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I’m trying to imply that I didn’t mean to imply that you meant to imply that only the Jesuits were involved in education.(wait, what?)

I’ve never been taught by Jesuits, just the Franciscans and the Dominicans. I just thought I’d throw in my 2 cents to anyone unfamiliar with the situation that most of the orders involved in education take a left-of-center worldview, with the one notable exception of abortion.

JimLennon on August 24, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Stop with the Catholic-affiliated already. It is aimed against any faith-based health insurance plan.

As for Ricky, just shut up already. He was foolish to let himself be used by Oboobi as a Christian shield. Just another bryll cream prophet with a message for y’all. I’ll bet he only drinks milk from a Christian cow.

AH_C on August 24, 2012 at 1:48 AM

I don’t think I could stomach watching Obama feign civility.

DrStock on August 23, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Obama’s spent his acting skills – many voters, thank Heaven, have seen through him.

As to those here who suggest/state that Obama wants the demise of others, I agree. My hunch is Axelrod and Obama and the rest have been counting on voters valuing Obama’s underbelly exposure but instead, more people have grown both weary and disgusted by it.

Allahpundit, this is a worthy post you’ve made, interesting analysis. I was ready to just turn the page on the issue, hadn’t given it this much thought.

Lourdes on August 24, 2012 at 3:08 AM

AH_C on August 24, 2012 at 1:48 AM

It’s “Catholic-affiliated” as to discussing BECAUSE the theology of the Catholic Church is what Obama has attacked. You’re right that that attack affects “any faith-based health insurance plan” but it’s the Catholic Church who remains steadfastly prolife and opposed to abortion and birth control (among other things, but those two issue positions are what Obama has used to attack the Church and also Religious Liberty).

Other ‘faith based’ orgs have not objected as resolutely to OCare as has the Catholic Church and it’s due to such affrontery by Obama striking out at two very important aspects of the Church’s beliefs.

Lourdes on August 24, 2012 at 3:12 AM

AH_C on August 24, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Lourdes on August 24, 2012 at 3:12 AM

…because two critical issues to Obama is he just has to see abortions done and taxpayers paying for them as also for “birth control” for that segment of females who vote for him (everyone else pays for it themselves so it’s not the “pay for it” issue as to the dollars for most of us, it’s the issue that Obama wants to force people to ‘pay for it’ against their religious conscience — and it’s that moral compromise that Obama is after).

Lourdes on August 24, 2012 at 3:15 AM

Hmm, I seem to recall that Rick Warren gave the prayer at Obama’s inuaguration.

Why, here it is.

And wasn’t he on Obama’s “faith advisory board?”

Why yes, he was.

Dark Star on August 23, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Yes and I have forgotten neither.

My first and only impression about Warren — before I read AP’s post here — was that Warren cancelled this thing because Obama is clearly been shown (by his own deeds) to be a creep and Warren’s trying to protect what remains of Obama’s image.

I’m no fan of Rick Warren.

Lourdes on August 24, 2012 at 3:20 AM

bazil9 on August 23, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Dark Star on August 23, 2012 at 9:49 PM

What Dark Star wrote ^^.

Lourdes on August 24, 2012 at 3:24 AM

Obama would be much more comfortable being interviewed by an Imam as part of a forum: “Sharia civility – be nice of we keel you”

tommyboy on August 24, 2012 at 4:58 AM

When we resort to cursing and swearing as freedom of speech we have lost part of the culture of being civilized. Next all we need to do is call communism a religion to tie the hands that honor the Constitution.

mixplix on August 24, 2012 at 6:54 AM

I’m no fan of Rick Warren.

Lourdes on August 24, 2012 at 3:20 AM

Nor am I. He was clearly a supporter of Obama four years ago. And what did that lead to? War on Christians because, frankly, the rat-eared bastard was neither raised as a Christian or an American.

He attended a racist “Christian” church because if you are a community agitator in Southside Chicago, you find the biggest black church you can find and get in good with the pastor. But, nothing in his behavior shows any indication that those twenty years of hate-filled sermons ever registered.

Happy Nomad on August 24, 2012 at 7:58 AM

mixplix on August 24, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Civility is over-rated. Seriously, I want to anihilate Obama. I want a scorched earth effort that destroys the rat-eared bastard. In short, civility is a luxury we cannot afford so long as the Christian-hating socialist is in charge of our futures.

Happy Nomad on August 24, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Dark Star on August 23, 2012 at 9:49 PM

The leaders of the Catholic church have always been “Socialist” leaning, they embrace socialists around the world, they are European Socialists at heart…the Constitution of the U.S. is second (or third) to their dogma, despite what Jesus taught.

right2bright on August 24, 2012 at 8:25 AM

mixplix on August 24, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Funny, Jesus resorted to that quite often, in fact much worse than we ever allow…cursing is an expression of anger, labeling, demeaning.

Where people get confused is that somewhere down the line, we introduced sexual conduct into the cursing. That moves it from cursing to obscene.

right2bright on August 24, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Too bad. I thought that this event in 2008 was one of the highlights of that election season.

Johnny 100 Pesos on August 24, 2012 at 9:33 AM

mbecker908 on August 23, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Yeah…Warren is one of the reasons we have President O’Bonehead. What a dupe.

Jaibones on August 24, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Rick; you helped elect this guy four years ago. Proud of yourself ? Er, we know; we will add you to the list of the duped.

democratsarefools on August 24, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Should we really care what Rick Warren thinks?

Ken James on August 24, 2012 at 1:28 PM