Quotes of the day

posted at 10:59 pm on August 23, 2012 by Allahpundit

Bucking protocol, President Obama and the Democrats are planning a full-scale assault on Republicans next week during their convention

Even first lady Michelle Obama is in on the act, scheduling an appearance on the “David Letterman Show” smack in the middle of Romney’s nominating bash…

The most aggressive attack was left for Biden, who is heading behind enemy lines for campaign events in Tampa on Monday and Tuesday. Leading congressional Democrats, including Reps. James Clyburn (S.C.) and Debbie Wasserman Schultz (Fla.), will be joining the vice president to help crash the party…

The Republicans’ convention messaging will be thrown off, Baker said, “If Joe Biden goes to Tampa and says, ‘Where’s Todd Akin?’”

***

[Romney's] advisers conceded that Mr. Akin’s comments last weekend had wreaked havoc on the campaign’s message heading into the convention in Tampa next week, and that the situation was made worse by the Republican Party’s decision this week to endorse an anti-abortion plank at its convention — without an exception for rape or incest.

But they expressed confidence that Mr. Romney and Republican Congressional candidates would weather the week of bad press, in part because the quick and thunderous denunciation of Mr. Akin by the party’s leadership has minimized the potential impact of being tied to his comments.

“Every moment between now and November should be spent talking about the No. 1 issue for women and men, and that’s the economy,” said Kerry Healey, who was Mr. Romney’s lieutenant governor in Massachusetts and advises the presidential campaign. “Anything that distracts from that is not what we should be talking about.”

***

We can only pray that this report is true, and that the Democrats devote all three days in Charlotte to discussions of abortion rights, rape and contraception. If there is one thing we can say with certainty this year, it is that the overwhelming majority of voters don’t want to hear about the social issues. They want to know how we are going to climb out of the four-year economic funk that has been the Obama administration. If undecided viewers tune into the Democratic convention and hear all about abortion, and tune into the Republican convention and hear all about the economy, Romney will win in a landslide.

And, by the way, Republicans should help drive this contrast by saying nothing–and I mean, absolutely nothing–about any social issue. They should talk the economy non-stop, with occasional digressions into foreign policy. If they are asked about abortion, they should chide the reporter for asking about a topic that is of little interest to voters and that, by the way, the president, vice president, senators and congressmen have no ability to do anything about, and give an answer about the economy. If the Democrats want to define themselves to voters as the party of abortion and gay marriage, please, God, let them do so!

***

Now let’s look at the calendar. The Democratic convention is being held in Charlotte, September 3 through September 6, with Obama accepting the nomination that final night. Unemployment reports are released the first Friday of every month, so next unemployment report comes out… the morning of September 7. If it’s another dismal report—and again, the odds are that it will be nothing to celebrate — it could step all over the news coming out of the convention.

This could be particularly bad if the Democrats spend the entire week tearing down Mitt Romney and talking about abortion. Since Paul Ryan has been added to the GOP ticket, there’s little question that the Romney-Ryan ticket had shifted their campaign theme to a big picture economic debate. Thus far, the Obama and Democrats haven’t been terribly willing to engage the issue beyond Mediscare attacks on Paul Ryan. And the recent news that the DNC is reshuffling the speakers at the convention to highlight pro-abortion activists following the controversy over Missouri GOP Senate Candidate Todd Akin doesn’t suggest that they’re going to have a substantive discussion of what they plan to do about the economy at the convention, either…

But the key is the timing of the jobs report. The Romney campaign must be prepared to capitalize on the unemployment news the following morning, and find a way to contrast it to the Democratic avoidance of the central issue of this campaign at their convention. If they can get effectively get that message out to voters that Democrats appear unconcerned about unemployment and the economy and are playing games to distract voters—and they may have to find a way to go around the mainstream media to do it—the Romney-Ryan ticket has a golden opportunity to step all over any post-convention bounce for Obama.

***

Plans are underway for Mr. Romney to be nominated on Monday – not Wednesday as previously thought – because of a potential threat from Tropical Storm Isaac and concerns about a possible disruption during the roll call vote from Ron Paul supporters at the Republican National Convention next week.

It is a change in the script from previous conventions, with the formal nomination on the eve of the acceptance speech. It is a formality, and Mr. Romney will still deliver his acceptance speech on Thursday evening, but the change would carry significance because Mr. Romney could accept general election money sooner…

As soon as Mr. Romney officially becomes the party’s presidential nominee, he can have access to the general election money he has spent months raising, putting him on the cusp of tapping into a significant financial advantage for the final two months of the race.

***

Via BuzzFeed.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

Thanks. No, I’m in software engineering.

DarkCurrent on August 24, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Oh. Me too.
Are you in business analysis, design, implementation? Or do you do the lot?
What languages are you using?
I’m a huge fan of C#, but still do some Java and C++. (And, of course, no one can get away from Javascript! IT’S EVERYWHERE!!)

RedCrow on August 24, 2012 at 3:06 AM

I prefer the term optimistic.

Cindy Munford on August 24, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Lol. Thanks, Cindy. (Good to know you got my back!)

RedCrow on August 24, 2012 at 3:07 AM

Oh. Me too.
Are you in business analysis, design, implementation? Or do you do the lot?
What languages are you using?

RedCrow on August 24, 2012 at 3:06 AM

These days I manage a combined dev/test/program management team. The only hands-on coding I do myself anymore is in C++ for my own hobby projects.

Nice tune!

DarkCurrent on August 24, 2012 at 3:10 AM

Anyone else remember “Smith” fronted by the power-voice babe Gayle MrCormick?

whatcat on August 24, 2012 at 3:05 AM

I like it.
Not sure you’ll like this, though. :)

(Did you see what I did there? Lol.)

RedCrow on August 24, 2012 at 3:11 AM

Michael Stipe’s tribute to Andy Kaufman

bayview on August 24, 2012 at 3:12 AM

Going to watch Red Eye and fall asleep so I will be annoyed with myself.
Cindy Munford on August 24, 2012 at 3:01 AM

No need to offline for that:

Best viewed with Firefox with the AdBlock add-on – and ignore the “This stream may contain content that is inappropriate for some users.” warning.

whatcat on August 24, 2012 at 3:14 AM

Nice tune!

DarkCurrent on August 24, 2012 at 3:10 AM

Speaking of portable perl back-ends, did you see Axe’s new digs? He wrote a poem about deficit spending. Just saying.

Axe on August 24, 2012 at 3:14 AM

whatcat on August 24, 2012 at 3:14 AM

Now, how’s a woman gonna snuggle up and accidentally fall asleep sitting at the Timex Sinclair?

Sheesh.

Think of other people, whatcat. :)

Axe on August 24, 2012 at 3:16 AM

is in C++ for my own hobby projects.

Nice tune!

DarkCurrent on August 24, 2012 at 3:10 AM

Cool. C++ is still the best for speed, IMO.
Though assembly language (which I love) can be super fast if you don’t screw it up. (Though, I think most C++ compilers these days will do a better job of it than almost all programmers.)

RedCrow on August 24, 2012 at 3:16 AM

Axe on August 24, 2012 at 3:14 AM

Lol. Did you see my comment? (Was it you that had the new blog, and thought that you had to buy AP a soda to get your screen name linked?)

(Sheesh–All you HA m**f**ers coming out with blogs!! Lol.)

RedCrow on August 24, 2012 at 3:18 AM

Landslide for Romney. If some of you moderate abortionists will pull your heads (and politics) out of your rectums.

rayra on August 24, 2012 at 3:18 AM

I like it.
Not sure you’ll like this, though. :)

It’s got a nice beat. Kind of a typical sound for the time, along the line of Simple Minds.

(Did you see what I did there? Lol.)
RedCrow on August 24, 2012 at 3:11 AM

You coulda swam down this stream of consciousness.

whatcat on August 24, 2012 at 3:21 AM

whatcat on August 24, 2012 at 3:14 AM

Nice! How long have you been checking that out? (I know NFL games on URLs like this routinely get shut down.)

Thanks!

RedCrow on August 24, 2012 at 3:23 AM

Sheesh.
Think of other people, whatcat. :)
Axe on August 24, 2012 at 3:16 AM

Believe it or not, I have one of those in my “old computer” storage. Have been tempted to try to use it online but I’m way too lazy for that.

whatcat on August 24, 2012 at 3:23 AM

whatcat on August 24, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Still have a crush on Dana Perino(sp?)

RedCrow on August 24, 2012 at 3:24 AM

Cool. C++ is still the best for speed, IMO.

RedCrow on August 24, 2012 at 3:16 AM

I’m using a lot of inline assembly in my current hobby project (a library of neural network classes) to take maximum advantage of the SSE instruction sets.

DarkCurrent on August 24, 2012 at 3:26 AM

Still have a crush on Dana Perino(sp?)
RedCrow on August 24, 2012 at 3:24 AM

Me? Never did – had to google the name to know who it was, lol.

whatcat on August 24, 2012 at 3:27 AM

He wrote a poem about deficit spending. Just saying.

Axe on August 24, 2012 at 3:14 AM

I’ll go check it out

DarkCurrent on August 24, 2012 at 3:28 AM

DarkCurrent on August 24, 2012 at 3:26 AM

Huh. Mind telling me what the purpose of these “neural network classes” are?
I know about inline assembly and SSE instructions, but I’m a little more inexperienced than you.

What’s the goal? (Again, if you don’t mind–I love a new problem to solve.)

RedCrow on August 24, 2012 at 3:32 AM

Thanks!
RedCrow on August 24, 2012 at 3:23 AM

I do a lot of TV watching there and elsewhere. Most of the channels get shut down, but pop up again with a slighty different name. I don’t have cable/sat, just over-the-air HDTV, but when I want to catch the misc cable news networks I find them somewhere online. Not hard to find.

whatcat on August 24, 2012 at 3:33 AM

Me? Never did – had to google the name to know who it was, lol.

whatcat on August 24, 2012 at 3:27 AM

She’s on RedEye a lot. Bush’s press secretary after(?) Fleisher. I poached your courteous link and have been switching back and forth, since.

(Also, I normally watch RedEye on the clips at foxnews.com. You don’t really miss much.)

RedCrow on August 24, 2012 at 3:34 AM

whatcat on August 24, 2012 at 3:33 AM

Huh. A buddy tried to get me going–on the same base URL–for a blacked out Lions game. (Yes, I’m a glutton for pain and punishment.) Watched about five minutes, and it went blank!

Never really ckecked it out at any length, though.

RedCrow on August 24, 2012 at 3:37 AM

whatcat on August 24, 2012 at 3:23 AM

I’d love to play with that a while! But, I’ve got my C64s. And I found — in the TRASH — a fully functional IBM XT! An XT! With a pristine keyboard, and a pretty green, monochrome monitor.

*sniff*

People … people just don’t know what they are doing. :)

(Sheesh–All you HA m**f**ers coming out with blogs!! Lol.)

RedCrow on August 24, 2012 at 3:18 AM

— That wasn’t me. It was angrymike. And it was strange. He said he needed Ed to change his link; I told him how to change his link; he changed his link; he thanked Bmore. When Hot Air gets too weird, I just assume it makes sense on some level, shrug, and pet my cat.

— Sort of a lumbering, bloggish, statically compiled site. I decided to go ahead when the moderator ate my P**** Riot comment, which was a masterpiece of double entendre. :) And the fact that it’s insane and free-format, that’s Resist We Much’s fault. She’s a bad influence. She’s British, and therefore evil.

Axe on August 24, 2012 at 3:38 AM

RedCrow on August 24, 2012 at 3:34 AM

Ah, the name only rang a faint bell.

I’m running it in a background window, so I can do other stuff online and listen, Switch over to viewing if there’s something interesting going on.

Here’s something for you to google: “2ndRunTV”
enjoy.

whatcat on August 24, 2012 at 3:38 AM

Huh. Mind telling me what the purpose of these “neural network classes” are?

What’s the goal? (Again, if you don’t mind–I love a new problem to solve.)

RedCrow on August 24, 2012 at 3:32 AM

I’m building a library to provide (hopefully!) high-performance, scalable generic versions of several common neural network types. They can be used in a huge variety of applications. Wikipedia has a decent introduction to the topic including examples of applications they’re suited for.

DarkCurrent on August 24, 2012 at 3:43 AM

Watched about five minutes, and it went blank!
Never really ckecked it out at any length, though.
RedCrow on August 24, 2012 at 3:37 AM

Year, once in awhile you’ll be watching something, it stops and you reload it to get the message “This channel is closed”, lol. Some people have learned to name their channels creatively to avoid detection, like a line-buzzphrase from a program or maybe a character’s name. e.g. “Gone With The Wind” would be caught quicker than “Southern Breeze”.

whatcat on August 24, 2012 at 3:45 AM

DarkCurrent on August 24, 2012 at 3:26 AM

Are you using GCC? You mentioned “inline” — I was just thinking of the inline assembly syntax. I remember how much more power over everything I had when I ditched the inline syntax (which I could never get right anyway) and just started compiling separate assembly files and calling them through C wrappers. Then, you might need the code to truly inline …

*sip*

Just talking.

I’ll go check it out

DarkCurrent on August 24, 2012 at 3:28 AM

It may be the only specimen of iambic deficit spending poetry extant. Just saying. :) lol — I’ll drop.

Axe on August 24, 2012 at 3:45 AM

Axe on August 24, 2012 at 3:38 AM

Lol thru whole post!

whatcat on August 24, 2012 at 3:38 AM

Thx, again. I’ll check it out.

‘K, boys and girls (and “others”). Way past my bedtime. But it’s been fun, and while I have to get up in four hours, I can sleep all day Saturday, if I like. See y’all.

RedCrow on August 24, 2012 at 3:46 AM

RedCrow on August 24, 2012 at 3:46 AM

Night Crow!

Axe on August 24, 2012 at 3:51 AM

DarkCurrent on August 24, 2012 at 3:26 AM

I hate to brag, but I can do Tandy Basic for a TRS-80 like nobody’s business.

whatcat on August 24, 2012 at 3:52 AM

See y’all.
RedCrow on August 24, 2012 at 3:46 AM

G’nite.

whatcat on August 24, 2012 at 3:53 AM

DarkCurrent on August 24, 2012 at 3:43 AM

Well, I guess I don’t know enough about neural networks. Something to study. Thanks.

Axe on August 24, 2012 at 3:45 AM

I think this is a good point, but what about the overhead of the calls? Wouldn’t it be faster to get the inline syntax correct?

RedCrow on August 24, 2012 at 3:54 AM

I hate to brag, but I can do Tandy Basic for a TRS-80 like nobody’s business.

whatcat on August 24, 2012 at 3:52 AM

Lol. I had a TI-994A (Texas Instruments) (Tape drive, too…ENVY!)

Ok. Sorry for Tesla-ing you guys. I’m gone…NOW!!

RedCrow on August 24, 2012 at 3:56 AM

Lol. I had a TI-994A (Texas Instruments) (Tape drive, too…ENVY!)
Ok. Sorry for Tesla-ing you guys. I’m gone…NOW!!
RedCrow on August 24, 2012 at 3:56 AM

Ah, the days of using a cassette for program storage, 300 baud and getting on a BBS. Actually, good times.

G’nite, now.

whatcat on August 24, 2012 at 4:01 AM

Axe on August 24, 2012 at 3:45 AM

No, Visual Studio. I definitely want the code to be inline.

DarkCurrent on August 24, 2012 at 4:04 AM

RedCrow on August 24, 2012 at 3:54 AM

Aw man, I’m going to have to answer you with an argument you might want to argue. :) Feel free to argue it back at your leisure.

The truth is that is isn’t necessarily faster to inline a block of code anyway, and sometimes, when you walk up to a system with some mass to it, having it compile cleanly and in orderly fashion — and being able to walk up to a hand assembled function and tweak it — all outweigh any small performance benefit. If you are trying to make a system haul, get a clean and elegant compile, then hit the bottlenecks. –But all that is philosophical choice. I don’t think Current is talking about a few assembly statements, but actual algorithms, probably with branches. –But all that is assumption.

I would agree that the cumulative drag in a warehouse environment would be different. Folding proteins for a year — one instruction would matter.
Where’s my cat?

Axe on August 24, 2012 at 4:05 AM

I hate to brag, but I can do Tandy Basic for a TRS-80 like nobody’s business.

whatcat on August 24, 2012 at 3:52 AM

Heh!

DarkCurrent on August 24, 2012 at 4:05 AM

No, Visual Studio. I definitely want the code to be inline.

DarkCurrent on August 24, 2012 at 4:04 AM

K.

Axe on August 24, 2012 at 4:06 AM

I hate to brag, but I can do Tandy Basic for a TRS-80 like nobody’s business.

whatcat on August 24, 2012 at 3:52 AM

I forgot Tandy. :) How’d I forget Tandy? I lusted over some of those earlier machines. I flipped those magazines like other guys were flipping playboys.

Axe on August 24, 2012 at 4:08 AM

Yeah baby.

Axe on August 24, 2012 at 4:10 AM

Axe on August 24, 2012 at 4:05 AM

No, just critical blocks of code within functions, mostly nested loops. In this particular project it allows me to take direct advantage of SSE instructions to accelerate large numbers of floating point operations.

DarkCurrent on August 24, 2012 at 4:23 AM

Axe on August 24, 2012 at 4:08 AM

Yeah, they were fun machines! I went thru all the trs-80 models. Though I learned first on Timex-Sinclair and Commodore. Still have them all, too, stored away.

whatcat on August 24, 2012 at 4:31 AM

This is a fun page to play around with:
Jeff Vavasour’s TRS-80 EMULATION Page

Also has a Timex emulator.

whatcat on August 24, 2012 at 4:34 AM

Also has a Timex emulator.

whatcat on August 24, 2012 at 4:34 AM

Strange thing. For years, I skipped on an IBM PC. I wanted a Mac. But the Mac was always prohibitively expensive. I was eventually forced to buy a PC, and spent enough time to remember the time I spent trying to get used to the bizarre idea that you couldn’t program it. :) Really? Really? This is a computer that you can’t … program? So all the programs on this computer … you have to go get, or something? The culture shock was difficult. Even after I found the DOS prompt and relaxed, I was just set up for being shocked twice, since the DOS prompt wasn’t an interpreter, at all.

I like that emulation page. Now that is a labor of love, right there.

Axe on August 24, 2012 at 4:43 AM

Axe on August 24, 2012 at 4:43 AM

Didn’t it IBM machine have IBM or Q Basic?

I think there are some misc emulator sites for diff older machines (like Commodore).

I tried the free CoCo emulator program that’s downloadable from that site, but it didn’t agree with my PC. Too bad.

whatcat on August 24, 2012 at 4:57 AM

Axe on August 24, 2012 at 4:43 AM

Ah, I think I see what you mean – it wouldn’t compile a stand alone executable exe file.

whatcat on August 24, 2012 at 5:00 AM

We need to work to elevate the gay marriage issue, and ask the Dems why they aren’t covering that in their convention?

anotherJoe on August 23, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Because they’ll retort with ads of boy scouts wearing pink in front of Bain, saying we love you too Mitt.

Don L on August 24, 2012 at 5:12 AM

whatcat on August 24, 2012 at 5:00 AM

No, you had the right idea at first. But when I say held out, I mean held out. :) I turned it on and it played music and there was a desktop — and being in a C64 frame of mind — there was nothing to do. :) What, you play solitaire?

Doh! Morning crew, and back on topic.

Breakfast!

Axe on August 24, 2012 at 5:17 AM

Folks let us hope that those socialist liberal scums will make abortion a major issue at their convention. Yes they are that delusional and stupid to think that this is a winning issue for them…

mnjg on August 23, 2012 at 11:35 PM

The party of death…and they’re proud of it.

changer1701 on August 23, 2012 at 11:41 PM

To paraphrase Bill Clinton: Let’s make the Dems “safe and rare!”

Don L on August 24, 2012 at 5:23 AM

I won’t watch Obama speak under any circumstances because he makes me vomit and I hate the taste of vomit. But I am curious about what grand, nation-unifying program he will expound on when he is nominated. That’s right…Republicans suck and you have a natural right to kill your babies. Four more years!…Four more years!…Four…oh, to hell with it.

Extrafishy on August 24, 2012 at 5:53 AM

For the morning shift…

I dare you to not cry.

PointnClick on August 24, 2012 at 6:40 AM

Toto…I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore…My take.

kingsjester on August 24, 2012 at 6:41 AM

all about the O….precedent schmecedent

just heard Ann’s speech has been moved to tues night…

cmsinaz on August 24, 2012 at 6:46 AM

PointnClick on August 24, 2012 at 6:40 AM

good linky

cmsinaz on August 24, 2012 at 6:47 AM

cmsinaz on August 24, 2012 at 6:47 AM

Here’s the link to the post about the Jumah you were asking for.

kingsjester on August 24, 2012 at 6:49 AM

kingsjester on August 24, 2012 at 6:41 AM

excellent…perfect title as well :)

cmsinaz on August 24, 2012 at 6:54 AM

cmsinaz on August 24, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Thank you, ma’am! I posted that one last night, by popular demand.

kingsjester on August 24, 2012 at 6:57 AM

kingsjester on August 24, 2012 at 6:49 AM

thanks….

holy mackeral
*shaking the head*

cmsinaz on August 24, 2012 at 6:58 AM

cmsinaz on August 24, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Oh. You were talking about this morning’s post. Well, thanks anyway.

kingsjester on August 24, 2012 at 6:59 AM

kingsjester on August 24, 2012 at 6:59 AM

cmsinaz on August 24, 2012 at 7:03 AM

cmsinaz on August 24, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Sorry. I tried to follow that ruined Huckabee Thread last night. I’m still confused.

kingsjester on August 24, 2012 at 7:06 AM

morning joe criticizing mitt when he said that ‘big business is doing fine’…

new squirrel for the day

cmsinaz on August 24, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Attention whorl strikes again, a few days before the convention, where he is supposed to be playing a part on opening night. Just cannot keep his big mouth shut.

bayview on August 24, 2012 at 7:17 AM

His full quote was

“I’m going to champion small business. We’ve got to make it easier for small businesses. Big business is doing fine in many places – they get the loans they need, they can deal with all the regulation.”

Romney then added that the reason that big businesses are “doing fine in many places” is because they are able to invest their money in “tax havens.”

“They know how to find ways to get through the tax code, save money by putting various things in the places where there are low tax havens around the world for their businesses,” said Romney. “But small business is getting crushed.”

But like his “I’m not concerned about the very poor — we have a safety net there. ” what he said last night will be turned into “I am not concerned about the poor.” by the media and the Democrats.

bayview on August 24, 2012 at 7:21 AM

bayview on August 24, 2012 at 7:21 AM

guaranteed

cmsinaz on August 24, 2012 at 7:26 AM

For the morning shift…

I dare you to not cry.

PointnClick on August 24, 2012 at 6:40 AM

You got me. Thanks!

Night Owl on August 24, 2012 at 7:26 AM

morning joe criticizing mitt when he said that ‘big business is doing fine’…

new squirrel for the day

cmsinaz on August 24, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Maybe this “gaffe” will turn into a nothing burger, when it failed to even move Steveangell:

Big business is doing fine in many places.

Is nothing close to.

The Private Sector is doing fine.

Especially since he went on to say when these Big Business can do business outside America.

Doubt this will get much traction. Too many will see the huge difference. Obama went on to say it was the Public Sector that was hurting. Doubt he wants that rehashed.

Steveangell on August 24, 2012 at 2:42 AM

bayview on August 24, 2012 at 7:26 AM

bayview on August 24, 2012 at 7:26 AM

hope so…the lsm is desperate enough that they’ll try

cmsinaz on August 24, 2012 at 7:30 AM

cmsinaz on August 24, 2012 at 7:13 AM

did you catch where the lady from fortune magazine starts to criticize mitt about being in private equity. where he could pick and choose and pick off the lowest lying fruit. that skill set doesn’t translate to the presidency where you have to govern over all.

wow. straight from obama’s press office.

who knew fortune magazine was a raging leftist rag

renalin on August 24, 2012 at 7:31 AM

kingsjester on August 24, 2012 at 6:41 AM

My youngest brother survived the ’93 WTC bombing. He worked on the 103rd floor. He and his co-workers stuck together and made it down those 103 flights of stairs in pitch darkness. He never entered that building again, but was working diagonally across the street from the WTC on 9/11. Many of his good friends and 46 residents of my hometown on Long Island were murdered that day.

I spit on the “Religion of Peace”. Go right ahead and hitch your wagon to that star, Barry.

Naturally Curly on August 24, 2012 at 7:33 AM

Pre-written report from the floor of the DNC:
The acrid stench of desperation hung heavy in the air over the Democrat National Convention as abortionists, Islamo-fascists and other progressives set about the onerous task of nominating their muddy messiah for a second round of soul-crushing and freedom-killing. Otherwise, it was a festive occasion.

Extrafishy on August 24, 2012 at 7:35 AM

A list of the 10 best conservative columnists, from PJ Media, just one person’s opinion, will be controversial

1. Geoege Will
2. Heather Mac Donald
3. Mark Stey
4. Peggy Noonan
5. homas Sowell
6. Victor Davis Hanson
7. David Brooks
8. Jonah Goldberg
9. Rich Lowry
10.Charles Krauthammer

bayview on August 24, 2012 at 7:38 AM

renalin on August 24, 2012 at 7:31 AM

yepper

and the skill set of a community organizer is soooooo much better….

puhleeze

cmsinaz on August 24, 2012 at 7:38 AM

1. George Will
2. Heather Mac Donald
3. Mark Steyn
4. Peggy Noonan
5. Thomas Sowell
6. Victor Davis Hanson
7. David Brooks
8. Jonah Goldberg
9. Rich Lowry
10.Charles Krauthammer

bayview on August 24, 2012 at 7:40 AM

bayview on August 24, 2012 at 7:40 AM

David Brooks is a real eye roll and I’m ho hum on Ms. Noonan.

Cindy Munford on August 24, 2012 at 7:53 AM

bayview on August 24, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Half that list joined up with the elites in the GOP to stop systematically take down Sarah Palin lest the common man get a chance to have their say. Their fear- the people might just approve of her over their RINO de jour.

I guess being a conservative means not trusting people to vote right…just like the other party.

Don L on August 24, 2012 at 8:00 AM

1. George Will
2. Heather Mac Donald
3. Mark Steyn
4. Peggy Noonan
5. Thomas Sowell
6. Victor Davis Hanson
7. David Brooks
8. Jonah Goldberg
9. Rich Lowry
10.Charles Krauthammer

bayview on August 24, 2012 at 7:40 AM

I love macdonald, but I’m getting a little tired of steyn’s “look what a non-PC chauvinist I can be” shtick.

Noonan seems like a phony.

Hanson is a treasure, though.

bluegill on August 24, 2012 at 8:06 AM

….was made worse by the Republican Party’s decision this week to endorse an anti-abortion plank at its convention — without an exception for rape or incest.

WTF?

To paraphrase Renee Zellweger,” Shut up, just shut up…..!”

Tenwheeler on August 24, 2012 at 12:25 PM

I understand Mike and Mrs Huckabee are hosting a welcome to Tampa tea for Joe and Jill. Darlin, don’t be late!

Portia46 on August 24, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Don L on August 24, 2012 at 8:00 AM

Keep your powder dry, my friend. Sarah’s nowhere near done yet! Ronald Reagan wasn’t done in ’76, now was he? :-)

Mary in LA on August 24, 2012 at 7:05 PM