McCaskill 2006 on Bill Clinton: “I don’t want my daughter near him”

posted at 9:44 pm on August 23, 2012 by Allahpundit

I forgot all about this but luckily Dana Loesch didn’t. We’ve spent four days pulverizing Akin; let McCaskill and her pal Barack spend a day or two now trying to explain why a convention ostensibly devoted to the dignity of women should feature as a key speaker a guy who’d warrant a comment like this. Free advice for any reporter with the professional integrity to ask her about it: Make sure to have her clarify whether she was alluding specifically to rape, statutory or otherwise, or whether she was “merely” implying that he’d betray our feminist-icon Secretary of State by acting like a lech around a much younger woman. We need much more information on the many fascinating nuances of this “pro-woman” message. Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Aikin has one path to victory: McCaskil.

rob verdi on August 23, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Hmm. She wasn’t half the barfbag in ’06 as she is now.

Lanceman on August 23, 2012 at 9:46 PM

She was taken out of context, the usual libtard excuse.

JPeterman on August 23, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Ah, the Slick Willie Follies. Good times.

Bitter Clinger on August 23, 2012 at 9:49 PM

That hasn’t changed… I still wouldn’t leave my daughter, or my wallet, alone with him.

CPT. Charles on August 23, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Getting McCaskill out of the Senate is still a worthwhile endeavor. I hope the people in Missouri find a way to make it happen.

Curtiss on August 23, 2012 at 9:50 PM

SoCons arent sincere about trying to make serious social change. They want to display their moral superiority like peacocks.

The progressives have slapped the SoCons around for decades all the while under the radar via guerilla warfare. The SoCons continue their political buffoonery .

rickyricardo on August 23, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Loesch has been busy 24/7 tyring to defend Akin’s comments no matter how dumb it made her look. I guess this is the latest distraction?

mythicknight on August 23, 2012 at 9:50 PM

So is this why she is not going to the convention..?

d1carter on August 23, 2012 at 9:51 PM

put some ice on it Claire

tom daschle concerned on August 23, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Hmm. She wasn’t half the barfbag in ’06 as she is now.

Lanceman on August 23, 2012 at 9:46 PM

What are you nuts?

Even my dog is barfing instead of barking looking at her…

Janovus on August 23, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Would you get in a car with a Kennedy, Claire?

Wethal on August 23, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Ah, yes. Bill Clinton, the Sex Offender-in-Chief.

John the Libertarian on August 23, 2012 at 9:54 PM

McCaskill 2006 on Bill Clinton: “I don’t want my daughter near him”

That’s why I encouraged my daughter way back when to join the H.S. track team…to outrun the ‘Big Bill(s)’ of the world.

;)

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on August 23, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Free contraceptives, abortion on demand and BJ’s – that’s the highlights of the 2012 DNC, no?

Curtiss on August 23, 2012 at 9:55 PM

On-line video…….. The great equalizer. :)

ThePrez on August 23, 2012 at 9:55 PM

She was taken out of context, the usual libtard excuse.

JPeterman on August 23, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Exactly. What she meant was that she wouldn’t want her daughter near Bill Clinton. Er—

cynccook on August 23, 2012 at 9:56 PM

“It wasn’t rape-rape…” – Clinton Thumpers

Electrongod on August 23, 2012 at 9:56 PM

mythicknight on August 23, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Hmmmm….the fact that his opponent is a lame hypocrite? Nah. That has nothing to do with it, I guess.

cynccook on August 23, 2012 at 9:57 PM

BillyJeff ain’t got nothing on these guys who will also be at the DNC convention…

Gohawgs on August 23, 2012 at 9:58 PM

What are you nuts?

Janovus on August 23, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Why, yes. Yes I am.

Now who the hell are you, Newbie?

Lanceman on August 23, 2012 at 9:58 PM

She’ll run moderate and with Akin it won’t be hard. So as I’ve asked in other threads, wonder if Akin has a deal with the RNC: she breaks 50 and he’s gone? I doubt it. He’ll just go from saying on his campaign site She can’t break 50 She can’t break 60.

Marcus on August 23, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Pretend your daughter is a waitress at a diner serving chris dodd, claire.

wolly4321 on August 23, 2012 at 10:00 PM

And here Hillary said it was all a vast right-wing conspiracy.

Bitter Clinger on August 23, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Earlier today someone pasted a link to a great article about all this in American Spectator. And,…that’s all I can remember.:)

a capella on August 23, 2012 at 10:02 PM

mythicknight on August 23, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Who cares how it got out there? It’s hipocracy we’re trying to shine a light on.

ccrosby on August 23, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Is your daughter on twitter, claire? Anthony W wants to know.

wolly4321 on August 23, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Dana Loesch has been a huge disappointment. She defended the moron Akin and so now she owns him and six more years of Air Claire.

kevinkristy on August 23, 2012 at 10:03 PM

mythicknight on August 23, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Akin is a bubbling idiot, but Clinton actually committed rape.

melle1228 on August 23, 2012 at 10:05 PM

cynccook on August 23, 2012 at 9:57 PM

From what I’ve observed, Dana wasn’t so much defending Akin as she was calling out the hypocrisy of the leftists.

Flora Duh on August 23, 2012 at 10:06 PM

I’m sure it wouldn’t be too hard to find dozens if not hundreds of Obama supporters making similar remarks about Bill Clinton during the 2008 Dem primary.

steebo77 on August 23, 2012 at 10:08 PM

what a clusterfark Missouri is…… omg.

maineconservative on August 23, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Talking point sent out to all Democrats:

“Attack Atkin nonstop on the rape issue.”

Talking point sent out to Clenis:

“Shut your pie-hole on the Atkin thingy.”

fogw on August 23, 2012 at 10:09 PM

rickyricardo on August 23, 2012 at 9:50 PM

So cons blah blah blah. Socons want to rape your daughter- set up a camera in your bedroom blah, blah, blah.

melle1228 on August 23, 2012 at 10:09 PM

O/T but related. Sort of.

BRUTAL: Anderson Cooper obliterates DNC Chair over her lies about Romney’s stance on abortion

Flora Duh on August 23, 2012 at 10:01 PM

What happened to Debbie’s ‘do?

steebo77 on August 23, 2012 at 10:09 PM

I accidentally just saw Anderson Cooper basically called DWS a liar on his show…over the GOP platform.

d1carter on August 23, 2012 at 10:10 PM

a capella on August 23, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Here you go.

cynccook on August 23, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Good. Well done Dana Loesch. McCaskill has six years worth of stupidity worth reviewing. Let’s do so and recommit ourselves to getting her brand of stupidity out of the Senate rather than navel-gazing when it comes to the stupidity on our side.

There is still no reason for abandoning victory in this race. Go with Akin, through Akin, or around Akin – I don’t care which. A party as powerful as the GOP looked last week after the Ryan pick, and with the fundraising haul to prove it, has no excuse for being unable to find a path to victory in an R+4 state against someone as incompetent as Claire McCaskill.

Kit Bond, John Danforth… free Senate seat for whoever goes all in first.

Gingotts on August 23, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I reckon Democrat Senator McCaskill didn’t want her daughter near rapist Democrat ex-President Bill Clinton. Fine.

But what about Democrat Sec State Hillary Clinton?

CatchAll on August 23, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Flora Duh on August 23, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Sorry, I just happened by CNN and could not turn away…

d1carter on August 23, 2012 at 10:11 PM

rickyricardo on August 23, 2012 at 9:50 PM

meh. Go beat your bongo drum somewhere else babalou.

Flora Duh on August 23, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Flora Duh on August 23, 2012 at 10:06 PM

I agree completely, but some supposed ‘conservatives’ are trying to use this to shame other conservatives into backing down from their pro-life views. Either a life has value or it doesn’t. Period.

cynccook on August 23, 2012 at 10:12 PM

O/T but related. Sort of.

Flora Duh on August 23, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Disastrous. What’s with the banana curls? She’s so stoooopid.

Best DNC Chair evah!!!!! Better, louder and dumber than Dean.

Cody1991 on August 23, 2012 at 10:12 PM

always reminds me of this nauseating thing…

maineconservative on August 23, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Kit Bond, John Danforth… free Senate seat for whoever goes all in first.

Gingotts on August 23, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Well and aptly said.

cynccook on August 23, 2012 at 10:12 PM

What happened to Debbie’s ‘do?

steebo77 on August 23, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Duke’s instead of Hellman’s?

d1carter on August 23, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Like watching a train wreck, wasn’t it?

Flora Duh on August 23, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Marcus on August 23, 2012 at 9:59 PM

I think Akin is being stubborn and has just dug in. The best thing Republicans can do is hammer McCaskill on Obamacare vote and the economy and hope for the best.

melle1228 on August 23, 2012 at 10:13 PM

O/T but related. Sort of.

Flora Duh on August 23, 2012 at 10:01 PM

What’s up with him lately anyway? First trouncing the administration over Soptic and now crushing Debbie Waterbuffalo-Schnootz? Was coming out such a pressure release that he’s actually bordering on fair reporting?

Gingotts on August 23, 2012 at 10:13 PM

set up a camera in your bedroom blah, blah, blah.

melle1228 on August 23, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Way ahead o’ ya.

Lanceman on August 23, 2012 at 10:14 PM

O/T but related. Sort of.

Flora Duh on August 23, 2012 at 10:01 PM

QOTD. Count on it.

slickwillie2001 on August 23, 2012 at 10:16 PM

set up a camera in your bedroom blah, blah, blah.

melle1228 on August 23, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Way ahead o’ ya.

Lanceman on August 23, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Clinton is that you? :)

melle1228 on August 23, 2012 at 10:16 PM

What happened to Debbie’s ‘do?

steebo77 on August 23, 2012 at 10:09 PM

No shyt! She’s gonna mess up the product that I have in development, the PubiChia Pet.

Pu, pu, pu, Pubi!

Resist We Much on August 23, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Bill just wants to meet Sandra Fluck.

Philly on August 23, 2012 at 10:18 PM

O/T but related. Sort of.

Flora Duh on August 23, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Hey . . . D W Schultz’ hair actually looks nicely, properly curled in that video.

But she’s still a sycophantic idiot.

listens2glenn on August 23, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Bill just wants to meet Sandra Fluck.

Philly on August 23, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Oh…I am sure that has already happened..

Just that Sandra stained Clinton’s dress.

Electrongod on August 23, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Why, yes. Yes I am.

Now who the hell are you, Newbie?

Lanceman on August 23, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Newbie?
Hey dude, watch the language,
I’m no newbie, an oldie but a goodie though…

Janovus on August 23, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Bill just wants to meet Sandra Fluck.

Philly on August 23, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Yeah. An old horn dawg with health problems needs an easy target. She’s perfect.

Cody1991 on August 23, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Clinton is that you? :)

melle1228 on August 23, 2012 at 10:16 PM

You cain’t ketch me inna lah. Ah gotta sayve sosh security.

Lanceman on August 23, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Well RWM..Mayo is an old time southern remedy for bad hair. Washes the frizz away. A deep conditioner..lol
Flora referenced Dukes instead of Hellman’s. Tis the southern choice of Mayo. Says my girl. The NYC dingdong must have heard about it.

Duke’s instead of Hellman’s?

bazil9 on August 23, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Will all the lefty woman be required to wear a blue dress so the slickster can feel like a kid in a candy store.

crosshugger on August 23, 2012 at 10:25 PM

My favorite Claire clip will always be her asking “you don’t trust me?” and then a packed house yelling “NOOOO!”

stldave on August 23, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Gingotts on August 23, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I think some of these MSM people have privately acknowledged that 0bama is going to lose and they’re trying to salvage some semblance of the credibility so that they can hold on to their jobs.

cynccook on August 23, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Gingotts on August 23, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Don’t think his coming out of the closet officially (who didn’t know he was gay to begin with?) has anything to do with these instances of real journalism. His coming out, however, made him bulletproof and impossible to fire, and he’s probably just effing with his employer, CNN, for being pr!cks anyway, and he knows that taking the Dems to task pisses them off big time.

Then again, now that he is bulletproof, perhaps he’s returning to his roots. He is a Vanderbilt, of course, and a very wealthy heir to one of the nation’s great capitalists, and know longer needs to prove his liberal chops anyway.

TXUS on August 23, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Dana has done a ton of work in the St. Louis area for years. The tea party here really formed quickly and I believe it matured faster than most places, and she played a big role in that. I don’t particularly like the way she has handled this, but I am sure she is stuck in a tough spot. She didn’t invest all this time to see Claire skate by, but she probably also understands all the yelling and screaming isn’t what is going to get Akin to budge.

stldave on August 23, 2012 at 10:34 PM

…where’s Omaha Conservative?
Dude remember a month or so ago, when it was so hot and you told us about a cattle car accident on the freeway by your house and 60 some cows got loose?…There’s still one loose! My gawd what a COW!
Get a rope!

KOOLAID2 on August 23, 2012 at 10:36 PM

But she’s still a sycophantic idiot.

listens2glenn on August 23, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Doesn’t matter that she’s lying her face off, for the low-information base that the democratics are after, it’ll do the job. It’s what the proggies do.

slickwillie2001 on August 23, 2012 at 10:38 PM

melle1228 on August 23, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Right he is the stubborn one.

We all agree he won the race fairly.

We all agree Missouri law says he is the nominee and his sore loser opponents can not run in this election.

We all agree he retracted the statement.

We also all agree that no one in history has ever been asked to withdraw over a misstatement retracted the very next day.

Yet this insistence that he be the very first person in America to withdraw from a race he won solely because he said something stupid even though he has done every thing possible to apologise and ask forgiveness.

Sorry. I do not support Akin but I do support firmly playing the game by the rules set before the election. So does he. By those rules no one has any right to ask him to resign for his free speech. The voters already took his stupid opinions on abortion into account when they nominated him.

Steveangell on August 23, 2012 at 10:49 PM

What happened to Debbie’s ‘do?

steebo77 on August 23, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Pu, pu, pu, Pubi!

Resist We Much on August 23, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Nasty, was that really necessary? Thinking about her in normal terms makes me queazy, anything further means med’s will be needed.

ccrosby on August 23, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Steveangell on August 23, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Look I think the Republican hysteria about Akin isn’t helping and I certainly give him the benefit of the doubt on his gaffe/statement. That being said, he isn’t going to win. He doesn’t have to bow out but it would have been for the good of the party.

Furthermore he is an idiot. ANY pro-lifer especially one in politics for a couple of years should have been prepared for that question. I am a big one for not letting the media write the narrative, but you certainly don’t give the media a gift. The fact is Republicans don’t get a fair chance so we have to be more savvy than the Dem candidate. Is it fair? Nope, but it is reality.

melle1228 on August 23, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Steveangell on August 23, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Let’s be clear…there are no rules being broken by asking the guy to leave. And I’m pretty sure voters had no idea beforehand about his views on legitimate rape and how a woman’s body has this magical power to protect itself against racist sperm. He would not have won the primary if he had said that before the vote.

changer1701 on August 23, 2012 at 10:58 PM

ccrosby on August 23, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Hey, you have to admire a woman who can look directly into a camera and say with a straight face “We actually have not required in this law that you carry health insurance” while growing pub1c hair on her head!

It is a remarkable feat.

lol

Resist We Much on August 23, 2012 at 11:03 PM

By those rules no one has any right to ask him to resign for his free speech.

This is not a First Amendment issue. He has the right to say what he wants.

He does not, however, have the right to demand to be free of any consequences from his words.

He does not have a right to party support.

He does not have a right to money from the party or other sources.

He does not have a right to demand that the legions of grassroots volunteers needed to win work phone banks, knock on doors, post signs, or do anything else for him.

He does not have the right to demand that everyone join in his paranoid fantasies about “party bosses,” “the liberal elite,” and the “msm,” who are all part of a conspiracy, along with the Tea Party Express, Michelle Malkin, Ann Coulter, Mark Levin, Sean Hannity, et al, to force him from the race.

He does not have the right to demand that Republicans refrain from backing a write-in candidate.

He doesn’t have the right to demand that his party love or even want him.

He doesn’t have the right to demand that the party and other people, who are supporting Republicans this year, be damaged by his tarbaby-ness in such a critical election year.

He doesn’t have a right to demand anything from any of us.

His measure has been taken and it has been found to be wanting.

Resist We Much on August 23, 2012 at 11:05 PM

changer1701 on August 23, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Racist sperm?!?

When did race become a part of this discussion?

Bitter Clinger on August 23, 2012 at 11:08 PM

cynccook on August 23, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Seriously doubt that. Were that the case their attacks on Romney would be far far worse.

But they are most definitely concerned about the fact that they now are considered just spokesmen for Obama. They want to be able to influence people people this election and right now they only influence Democrats. They have to make some attempt to restore some feeling that they care about the truth. Then there is the fact that DWS is a laughing stock so she is a great target.

Steveangell on August 23, 2012 at 11:11 PM

changer1701 on August 23, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Racist sperm?!?

When did race become a part of this discussion?

Bitter Clinger on August 23, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Wow you can read the voters minds amazing.

Maybe that is why the rules do not allow for what is attempting to be done to Akin to succeed.

Ignorant people that think they can read other peoples minds and make decisions for them. How arrogant and condescending. The voters had 12 months to make this decision.

Say he had made this exact quote earlier. It is very unlikely the press would have jumped on it. He would have retracted it the next day. No one would remember it today and he would still be the nominee. No mind reading required for that one.

This would set a very dangerous precedent. It would tell anyone running for office that one stupid statement and from now on that is it. That is an impossible standard. Why the law does not allow for this stupidity.

Steveangell on August 23, 2012 at 11:18 PM

changer1701 on August 23, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Racist sperm? Where the heck did you get that?

Thanks, but we don’t need anymore stupid statements on this subject.

ccrosby on August 23, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Resist We Much on August 23, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Nailed it. The 1st Amendment is meant to protect you from government goon squads. NOT from pi$$ed off private citizens. NOT from the 90% of the population you’ve just disgusted with an idiotic statement.

Akin had every right to say what he said…but with rights come responsibilities.

MelonCollie on August 23, 2012 at 11:30 PM

kevinkristy on August 23, 2012 at 10:03 PM

But they will blame us remember.

Robb on August 23, 2012 at 11:49 PM

mythicknight on August 23, 2012 at 9:50 PM

I’m So tyred too. I haven’t slept a wink.

Just curious, what is a “thick night” anyway, and why do you stake a claim to it? Please also define “thin night” if you get a chance.

Del Dolemonte on August 23, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Resist We Much on August 23, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Yes you also have first amendment rights.

You have the right to ask him to get out. But then you also have to pay for the consequences.

Akin has the law on his side always has he is now officially in to stay.

Will be interesting to see if all the RINOs that told us to get on board with Mitt will get on board with Akin.

Conservatives hate many of the things Mitt has done far more than any hate what Akin said. But nothing can take back what Mitt actually did. Romney Care being by far the worst. At least Akin did take back what he said the next day. Romney still praises Romney Care as now written. I can not tell you how much that offends me.

Either get on board Akin now or Clair wins it is that simple. He will get a decent percentage of the vote and all he needs is 5% to assure any sore loser that jumps in will lose. The dam Party Bosses just lost us a seat by jumping all over this and trying to undo the will of the people and force him out. Shame on them.

Steveangell on August 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Steveangell on August 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM

He is a loser. He is done.

If he stays in, it will be his fault if the GOP doesn’t take the Senate.

If he stays in, ClairE wins.

If he stays and a Republican runs as a write in, Claire probably still wins.

Claire only loses if Akin leaves.

The party bosses and the rest of bogeymen are nothing more than foolish blather.

Period.

Story.

End of.

I’m done. Keep backing Akin. I hope he bankrupts himself and his family. Further, I hope he and his wife get the Ben Nelson treatment X 1000 for the rest of their egotistical, selfish, self-serving, governmental-teat-sucking lives.

The collar is torn on these arseholes and their stupid followers and supporters, which include the Huckster.

I am tired of defending stupid people.

Resist We Much on August 24, 2012 at 12:11 AM

changer1701

I wonder what the Duke Lacrosse team and Steven Pagones’ thoughts are on legitimate rape….

xblade on August 24, 2012 at 12:21 AM

He is a loser. He is done.

If he stays in, it will be his fault if the GOP doesn’t take the Senate.

If he stays in, ClairE wins.

If he stays and a Republican runs as a write in, Claire probably still wins.

Claire only loses if Akin leaves.

Period.

Story.

End of.

I am tired of defending stupid people.

Resist We Much

Overreact much?

xblade on August 24, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Overreact much?

xblade on August 24, 2012 at 12:24 AM

He really hates it every time he is proved wrong.

Wrong this time in that he really thought Akin would surrender.

Steveangell on August 24, 2012 at 12:26 AM

I am tired of defending stupid people.

Resist We Much on August 24, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Brilliantly put…..as usually, I might add :)….

jimver on August 24, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Overreact much?

xblade on August 24, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Nope.

He really hates it every time he is proved wrong.

Wrong this time in that he really thought Akin would surrender.

Steveangell on August 24, 2012 at 12:26 AM

He is a SHE.

I am wrong? LOL! It’s your doofus that is wrong. Citing a poll that oversamples Republicans by 9 as evidence that he can win. LMAO!

He’s going to be crushed. Good riddance to him and his fellow idiots.

Resist We Much on August 24, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Brilliantly put…..as usually, I might add :)….

jimver on August 24, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Thanks. It is nice to have smart people win for a change.

Resist We Much on August 24, 2012 at 12:49 AM

[Akin]‘s going to be crushed. Good riddance to him and his fellow idiots.

Resist We Much on August 24, 2012 at 12:48 AM

And instead the people of Missouri will end up with ClaireBear McCaskill representing them in the senate. Effing brilliant!

REPEAL THE 17TH!

gryphon202 on August 24, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Brilliantly put…..as usually, I might add :)….

jimver on August 24, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Thanks. It is nice to have smart people win for a change.

Resist We Much on August 24, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Yes, it’s healthy to stay as far away from STUPID as possible…Now, too bad they probably won’t rescind huckleberry’s slot at the convention…what were they thinking booking him anyways…

jimver on August 24, 2012 at 1:01 AM

REPEAL THE 17TH!

gryphon202 on August 24, 2012 at 1:01 AM

ALONG WITH THE 16TH AND YOU HAVE YOURSELF A DEAL!

Now, too bad they probably won’t rescind huckleberry’s slot at the convention…

jimver on August 24, 2012 at 1:01 AM

If only…

Resist We Much on August 24, 2012 at 1:02 AM

REPEAL THE 17TH!

gryphon202 on August 24, 2012 at 1:01 AM

ALONG WITH THE 16TH AND YOU HAVE YOURSELF A DEAL!

Resist We Much on August 24, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I’ll see your repeal of the sixteenth and raise you an Article V convention.

gryphon202 on August 24, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Cook Political Report has declared Todd Akin “unelectable” and moved the 2012 U.S. senate race in Missouri to a projected Democrat win.

slickwillie2001 on August 23, 2012 at 9:57 PM

“unelectable” !!! That’s one I hadn’t seen before. I didn’t know that the scale went that low.

Winning

scrubjay on August 24, 2012 at 1:32 AM

I wonder if she’ll find time to make it to the convention now, with this war on women theme rejuvenated by her opponent? With that double digit lead it has to be tempting.

My guess, she’ll stick with what she said, just in case someone new emerges. She is really kicking herself for saying she was skipping so early though. Now she has to hang around the bumpkins. She could have half-arsed it and just tossed earmarks out there as support for that moderate label she holds so dearly to instead of missing abortionpalooza.

stldave on August 24, 2012 at 2:10 AM

what stage of Eeyore-Grief is this, Acceptance?

rayra on August 24, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Would it be too out of bounds to theorize if putting some ice on it reduces the chance of pregnancy?

MNHawk on August 24, 2012 at 6:13 AM

Steveangell on August 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Amen! It is their overreaction that is doing the most harm. Imagine the party of states rights, rejecting a state’ freely chosen candidate, by a candidate that hasn’t yet won? If they attack Missouri’s open primaries now, then they open themselves to the “Mitt did it too” charge.

The dems will have this “state’s rights” thing to use as high-tech weaponry against the GOP for decades.

Those (Monday morning quarterbacks) who insisted that Akin should have just given a simple answer and thusly, avoided the blown up conflict, might ask the same thing about the GOP’s stupid over-reaction. Why didn’t the GOP elites just say-”we disagree with his views on rape” and shut up?

Again, this entire Akin thing may be a good thing if it causes the dems to go whacko as the party of “death and taxation.”

Don L on August 24, 2012 at 7:17 AM