Anderson Cooper grills Debbie Wasserman-Schultz: Why are you lying about Romney’s position on abortion?

posted at 10:13 pm on August 23, 2012 by Allahpundit

Between this and Wolf Blitzer doggedly reminding her that Paul Ryan’s Medicare plan would not, in fact, target senior citizens, it’s been a tough couple of weeks on CNN for America’s most lifelike talking-points robot. I wonder why they’ve decided to go after her lately. Has her droning, mechanical spin begun to annoy even otherwise sympathetic media? Or is this a pure ratings thing, with CNN producers realizing that rhetorical bloodsport with DWS is a surefire winner with conservative audiences?

Simple stuff here. The GOP adopted the same abortion language in its platform this year, with no specific exceptions for rape or incest, as it did in 2008 and 2004. Romney’s on record repeatedly as saying that he favors exceptions for rape and incest in prospective abortion bans. DWS’s spin: Because Romney’s the nominee and his people kinda sorta get to write the platform — which isn’t binding on him or anyone else — we should ignore his stated position and pretend like he’s no different from Todd Akin. And if that means occasionally bowdlerizing a quote in a newspaper for DNC fundraising e-mails, hey, politics ain’t beanbag. You’re now prepared for seven minutes of mind-paralyzing spin. Go get ‘em, Roboto.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I’ve seen her on video more times than I care to remember, and I’ve seen her asked lots of questions by various journalists… I don’t recall ever once having seen her give a straight answer.

morganfrost on August 24, 2012 at 8:20 AM

The best part is when Cooper tells her flat-out at 2:45 that she “misinterpreted” (using the loosest possible definition there) the LA Times article about Romney/Ryan abortion stance is either an honest mistake or a lie (gee, I wonder which).

Her response? “It doesn’t matter…”.

I swear, these liberal Dems today don’t even try to hide their lies anymore…unfortunately, there’s always a large percentage of Leftist lemmings who’ll buy her every utterance as gospel.

JetBoy on August 24, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Essentially: “I understand I am a lying douchebag regarding the LA Times, but my wimmins don’t care if I am falsifying info because we are cool with killin’ yung uns’”..

PATHETIC piece of flesh.

hillsoftx on August 24, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Wasserman’s POINT is all that matters to Democrats. Just as Obama lied in his autobiographies about various things, including his mother’s death and health insurance, spokesmen said his POINT was valid.

So the truth does not matter to these people at all. This is a page out of Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto.

Amy Proctor on August 24, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Nice to see she’s taken our advice and done something with her hair. It’s an improvement I guess, but not quite there yet. Maybe she could experiment with color now. I think darker might work better.

JellyToast on August 24, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Rep Wasserman-Schultz (I hear, I know, I see nooothing) is a dolt that like to hear only her own voice. She talks over not takes over anyone she has a conversation with; therefore has never held a conversation with anyone about anything.

She has not idea what a conversation actually is. She sits in front of the camera and you can watch the curls get tighter as she blathers about anything she can reverse spin to agree with her

However, if she is is losing, she will resort to the old standby and cry racist or imbecile.

MSGTAS on August 24, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Bring a shield with a polished surface, a sharp sword, and don’t forget the winged shoes when engaging med–I mean–DWS….

Sherman1864 on August 24, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Sherman1864 on August 24, 2012 at 9:31 AM

morganfrost on August 24, 2012 at 8:20 AM

She wouldn’t know one if it hit her over the head! It makes you wonder how she is raising her children.

herm2416 on August 24, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Fake but accurate…..

mouell on August 24, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Every once in a while Anderson Cooper shows a little journalistic curiosity. It’s almost like CNN wants to stop bleeding viwers or something. I wonder if someone figured out that their business model is a little out of whack?

dczombie on August 24, 2012 at 9:37 AM

She’s the equivalent of Todd Akin…except Republicans tried to get Akin to do the right thing. The Dems embrace their embarrassments. And actually? I find it easier to sleep knowing I’m associated with a Party that usually does the right thing. Uniting against Akin would be like uniting against Debbie. Republicans start acting like Democrats in that, I’m outta there.

Portia46 on August 24, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Just realised who DWS reminds me of.

Enjoy.

Argonaut USA on August 24, 2012 at 9:42 AM

“Well, Anderson, I’m going to lie to you now (because that’s what Leftists do) and continue to use scare tactics because we can’t run on our record and we’re totally ignorant of how an economy works. But we’re not worried, because as long as people see us as Sugar Daddies, we own them and their votes.”

mankai on August 24, 2012 at 9:42 AM

I wonder if Anderson and other reporters will finally have had enough or getting tooled by like DWS — he points out her “misquote” and she tells him flat out it doesn’t matter, that her goal is political and that’s all she cares about; so his “journalism” means nothing to her and her power climbers, only so much as they can use them as tools to gain and keep power. Does Anderson like being a tool??

EasyEight on August 24, 2012 at 9:49 AM

I think what you are seeing is that CNN is simply all about the money. Being in the tank for the Clown Car Administration has virtually destroyed their “brand” so they are actually starting to act upon the information they ALWAYS knew about in an effort to save themselves. Same as they did in the first Iraq War with H.W. Bush.

PJ Emeritus on August 24, 2012 at 9:51 AM

And SHE is my representative! Holy crap. She has always been a liar so why change now?
What the heck did she do to her hair? How does she even go outside much less in front of a TV Camera
Obviously she doesn’t see what the rest of the world sees?
Where can I get a mirror like hers????
Oh My God.
As a side, I like the fact that Anderson at least recognized her lie and called her out on the air. Gives him a little credibility…

Delsa on August 24, 2012 at 9:55 AM

So, the Demo’s are treating the press like tools. The means to an end eh? Keep it up DWS, Bozo Biden, Carney, Axeljob your doing just fine by me.

jake49 on August 24, 2012 at 10:13 AM

several thoughts:

(1) They are desperate to get the wimmenses on board because The Chicago Jesus is losing to men far worse than Kerry, ManBearPig, and Clinton did.

(2) Rodney Dangerfield had it right: “[this woman] gives good headache.”

(3) As bad as any day may be for us, guys, we can always say, “At least I am not married to Debbie Washerself-with-schlitz.”

The War Planner on August 24, 2012 at 10:19 AM

DWS is persona non grata to Dems and the DNC – with her impending “out” after the election.

She is so far under the bus – namely by making sure they don’t get rid of her BEFORE the election – because the pre election firing will not look good, though the post election loss and firing allow them to place blame at her feet.

Dem War on Women.

Odie1941 on August 24, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Delsa on August 24, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I think that’s the plan. CNN is trying to look less biased in hopes the gullible will find them more believable. Don’t fall for it. In the end, CNN is just White House propaganda dissemination outlet. Don’t fall for it!

ROCnPhilly on August 24, 2012 at 10:26 AM

DWS can’t be “persona non grata” with the Democrats because she is still the head of the DNC
If they removed her that would be one thing but they are keeping her and sending her out to do their bidding.
They should get rid of her ASAP. She can’t be raising much money for the Dems?
Guess we are stuck with the poodle for now!

Delsa on August 24, 2012 at 10:45 AM

These did shts are making an attempt to be nice nice about Romney. It is funny then hell. How about that horse, you bi itch ?

democratsarefools on August 24, 2012 at 10:48 AM

“It’s okay if I lie, because we want women to vote for Obama and that’s the way we can get their votes.”

blackgriffin on August 24, 2012 at 10:57 AM

JellyToast on August 24, 2012 at 9:12 AM

A Darth Vader mask would work well for her.

Cherokee on August 24, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Naw. The Skank’s become so over-the-top moronic and unbalanced in her statements, that they have to throw her under the bus to save face and remain semi-credible to their crtics.

Not even in-the-tank-Coop could put a pretty bow on this hag.

Tim_CA on August 24, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Go get ‘em, Roboto.

Hahahahah!!!

Allah, you lyrical genius.

KMC1 on August 24, 2012 at 11:11 AM

First of all, the lame stream in the tank for Owe media is alive and well. Last night Brian Williams aired an hour on Mormonism. Still waiting for his piece on the Islamic religion.

Anyway, the CNN and Newsweek change in tone is only because these guys have jobs they want to keep. They are smart enough to understand that Owe is a losing proposition right now and so they are getting more centered so that when Romney / Ryan win, their media outlets won’t look so much like the tools they were in 2008. But never fear – right after the election they will get down to tearing apart everything Romney / Ryan do – looking for every “potatoe” moment they can find.

katablog.com on August 24, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Oink, oink, goes the pig. The party line abbreviated.
Vote Democrat, keep the filth in power.

arand on August 24, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Why are they going after her?

Perhaps they are sick of Debbie Blabbermouth too? We just change the channel, she starts her mouth going a mile a minute, it’s intolerable.

Fleuries on August 24, 2012 at 11:54 AM

DWS in proxy.

BobMbx on August 24, 2012 at 11:57 AM

I don’t know how he keeps a straight face…I would begin laughing and just say “Thanks Debbie, you revealed a lot of whom you and the dems are this year”…

right2bright on August 24, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I really don’t care if CNN’s new tone is merely shallow or whatever …
.. at least some folks who ONLY watch them and other leftist TV, this sort of interview MIGHT JUST open a few eyes, or touch some sort of ‘sheesh she’s an idiot’ button, and give cover for digging a bit deeper into why they’ve so blindly followed twerps like her for so long.
One can hope.

Oh, apologies to ALT .. No offense intended. ;-)

pambi on August 24, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Oh, heck I thought you meant that Anderson and the staff at CNN set up a big grill and really grilled her. My guess is that she might taste a bit like dog.

SC.Charlie on August 24, 2012 at 12:38 PM

In essence, he says “You’re lying.”
She responds “It doesn’t matter.”

I hope the Romney campaign saw this exchange.

SoFlaCon on August 24, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Majority of the country wants Little Debbie to lose her Florida seat to Karen Harrington. We have had enough of her lies and venom that comes out of her mouth.

Amazingoly on August 24, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Wow, Have to give Anderson some props on sticking with the point on Romney.

Wish all the media did the same on the lies spread in this campaign.

acyl72 on August 24, 2012 at 2:08 PM

And I thought Obama was a pathological liar. I could say this fibbing fabricator lies like a rug but it’s more like a warehouse full of rugs.

stukinIL4now on August 24, 2012 at 2:54 PM

JellyToast on August 24, 2012 at 9:12 AM

No. Sorry, but the only way to improve her is to cut her head off. (And then stuff it up her posterior.)

woodNfish on August 24, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Has anybody ever seen Ms Wasserman-Schultz from the back?

I would bet money there’s a string coming out from between her shoulderblades.

Mary in LA on August 24, 2012 at 4:48 PM

In case it did not come out clear, DWS is saying that the end justifies the means. Misquoting, lying, and talking over the person pointing your dishonesty are standard practice for her.

old war horse on August 25, 2012 at 7:19 AM

Best description I have ever seen on DWS , by Jayhawk over at American Thinker.

Uglo American….