Let’s hear it, southerners: Is Romney saying “bless his heart” about Obama a big deal?

posted at 9:21 pm on August 22, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via Ace and Twitchy, whose managing editors, Lori Ziganto and Jenn Taylor, are southern transplants and who seem palpably impressed that Mitt would “go there.” CBS reporter Jan Crawford calls this, half-jokingly I presume, “the ultimate dis.” Our own Mary Katharine Ham is a Durham, North Carolina native and would be able to settle this straightaway, but she’s unavailable right now; hopefully she’ll update my post or add one of her own to clarify.

Question for our southern readership, then, while we wait for the Hammer to chime in: How big an insult is this really? I’ve always understood it to be a gentle, almost pitying, but clearly condescending sort of jab, tantamount to “it’s precious how stupid you are.” But there must be more to it than that. Romney’s said flat out before that he doesn’t think Obama understands the economy, which is the gist of what he’s saying here too. The “bless his heart” thing obviously adds a bit more of a putdown oomph to it, enough so that southerners seem to think it’s an unusually potent shot, but I’m not getting it. What nuance am I missing? Should I be mentally substituting “President Doofus” for the BHH bit? Inquiring Yankee minds want to know. Frankly, Romney being Romney, he probably means “bless his heart” literally. Click the image to watch.

Update (MKH): Sorry to be chiming in late on this. My response is “meh.” “Bless his heart” is a catch-all phrase, used after a criticism, ostensibly to soften the blow rhetorically. It’s always slightly condescending, but can either denote real affection for the target (for an accident-prone child, for instance: “He’s always skinning his knees, bless his heart.) or derision, as it does in this case. This sounds like a continuation of Romney’s standard line about Obama not understanding the economy. If he’d lingered on “bless his heart” it would have come across more insulting. This just sounds like a surprisingly apt use of the phrase by a Northeasterner who’s comfortable with it. That being said, Touré will be calling it racist in 3, 2, 1.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

renalin on August 22, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Were they stressing “bless” or “heart”?

malclave on August 22, 2012 at 9:40 PM

LOL …..well they way I have heard it used most often would go something like this ….My brother Billy Jo …. well he’s a nice man and everything but bless his heart he can’t tie his own damned shoes ….and I don’t know about everywhere else but in Texas its a pitying kinda There but for the grace of God go I or yep that ole boy is dumber than a box of hammers ….bless his heart….yep its a shot …if obama was there Romney might just as well been patting him on the head and giving him a quarter and telling him now don’t you worry your little head over this ….let the grown ups take care of it

Aggie95 on August 22, 2012 at 9:38 PM

This is about the best explanation I’ve heard as to how we Southerners use the phrase.

MustLoveBlogs on August 22, 2012 at 9:41 PM

And LOL, didn’t Palin use the phrase on one occasion when referring to…Romney?

ddrintn on August 22, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Heh

cmsinaz on August 22, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Its not a big deal. Romney simply, politely, made public note that Obama is a benighted simpleton and should be pitied for his failings.

thatsafactjack on August 22, 2012 at 9:41 PM

As a Southerner, I will confirm that “bless your heart” is just a very polite, sweet way of telling someone that they are dumb.

clayj

Being Romney knows he cannot come across as hateful, I bet this.

Zaggs on August 22, 2012 at 9:41 PM

“Bless his/your heart” is a dismissive phrase. It’s often the polite way of saying “F off.”

Liam on August 22, 2012 at 9:41 PM

[journeymike on August 22, 2012 at 9:28 PM]

Pffft. He probably learned it going up. I learned it there from the locals who had moved up there from the south. Ya got to remember there was a fairly large migration from the south to southern Michigan and surroundings due to the auto companies and then the war.

Dusty on August 22, 2012 at 9:42 PM

It can be that, but IMO it carries more of a putdown punch to it. I would never say it to someone I genuinely pitied, because IMO it is an insult. The fact that it’s sounds polite makes it worse.

INC on August 22, 2012 at 9:42 PM

going up = growing up

Dusty on August 22, 2012 at 9:42 PM

wont*

bazil9 on August 22, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Frankly, it seems to me more like Romney ripping off Palin.

ddrintn on August 22, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Bless your heart ddrintn you never miss an opportunity to talk about her do you? You got it bad don’t you? Bless your heart.

You betcha!

Terrye on August 22, 2012 at 9:42 PM

The phrase is certainly meant as a dis…I don’t think Romney meant it literally. But, he didn’t linger on the phrase which negates its impact.

changer1701 on August 22, 2012 at 9:42 PM

A purty lipped yankee flatters y’all and next thing ya’ know, y’all are blabbering teenagers squelin’ like piglets and spillin’ all the secrets.

cozmo on August 22, 2012 at 9:31 PM

The best kept secrets are hardest to keep.

Curtiss on August 22, 2012 at 9:43 PM

You can actually mean bless your heart sincerely if you are empathizing with someone but given this context I think we can equate The Won’s intelligence as dumber than a box of rocks. We might want to be kind and limit it to his knowledge of economics but after four years I am disinclined to cut him any slack.

Cindy Munford on August 22, 2012 at 9:37 PM

A friend of my mom’s used to say “Bless your sweet little baby heart.” It was not an insult. It was like warm honey.

Mitt was doing his best immitation of the Southern insult. Good to see indications that Mitt’s gloves are coming off.

Fallon on August 22, 2012 at 9:43 PM

…you all mean to tell me it’s not the same as… “ya…all in… C H A I N S!!!”???

KOOLAID2 on August 22, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Kind of weird hearing it from a guy also. You really only hear Southern women say “bless his heart.”

Lawdawg86 on August 22, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Example of usage:

“I just bought a brand new car…can I borrow money for gas?”

“Well bless your heart, sweetie. I guess you bit off a bit more than you can chew”

Note: Gas money will not be given.

Vera on August 22, 2012 at 9:43 PM

You betcha!

Terrye on August 22, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Now there is a phrase I know!

gophergirl on August 22, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Believe me, if you’re running for POTUS against the Lightbringer, it is not a compliment…

d1carter on August 22, 2012 at 9:44 PM

AZCoyote on August 22, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Ditto.

And I can do it in four other languages.

And it would still (probably) get me banned.

CPT. Charles on August 22, 2012 at 9:44 PM

It means that they’re trying hard, but they just dont get it.

BacaDog on August 22, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Liberals know what the term means, and they resent their Chicago Jesus being disregarded.

AWWWWWW! Poor babies!

If you resent your failed Messiah being dissed so bad, vote for someone else.

Liam on August 22, 2012 at 9:44 PM

when i lived up north everybody said eff you. i knew what that meant. this whole bless your heart business threw me off at the start. thought it was sincere.

i’ll take an eff you any day. plus no one use to ask me what church i went to.

renalin on August 22, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Then move back up north, loser.

jaime on August 22, 2012 at 9:44 PM

“Bless his Biden” probably would have been a more obvious way to infer stupidity about a subject.

jon1979 on August 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM

“Bless his heart…” = “He’s a blathering idiot, but since I can’t say that… he’s trying but God bless him, he’s still an idiot!”

UnderstandingisPower on August 22, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Is your moniker supposed to be ironic?

It makes it sound like you “Understand”

ccrosby on August 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Nah! Actually, it is suppose to lead the attack. Bless your heart comes first.
Now if Romney was I tiny white haired granny like me and he gave it just the right touch….
Then it is a killer put-down.
I love it.

Pecos on August 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM

It is a polite way of saying you are too stupid to engage in the conversation after uttering some thing stupid.

Grunt on August 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM

No….it’s just Mitt once again copying off someone else in politics (Palin) euphemism and catchphrases against dolts.

journeymike on August 22, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Well Bless your heart…

annoyinglittletwerp on August 22, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Frankly, it seems to me more like Romney ripping off Palin.

ddrintn on August 22, 2012 at 9:38 PM

But of course.

changer1701 on August 22, 2012 at 9:46 PM

The fact that this is even a topic for discussion is nauseating.

Romney is a felon and a murderer, so he obviously should get a pass on this namby pamby leftist liberal jack wagon crapola. /

FlaMurph on August 22, 2012 at 9:46 PM

One can say ‘Bless Your Heart” as an empathetic blessing. Example: She’s never gotten over losing her baby, bless her heart.

But that’s not what Romney was saying.

sandspur on August 22, 2012 at 9:46 PM

renalin on August 22, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Southern women need a way of saying eff you in a lady like manner.

antipc on August 22, 2012 at 9:46 PM

malclave on August 22, 2012 at 9:40 PM

frankly i didn’t pay attention to their accent. i was use to taking people at their word. different culture totally. they will NEVER accept you as one of their own. thats cool with me. they stay out of my way i stay out of theirs.

that’s whats great about this country.

renalin on August 22, 2012 at 9:46 PM

This is pretty good description of what saying “bless his heart” means, in the South I grew up in (and still live in) at least. Saying “bless his heart” about someone means he’s an idiot/fool but can’t really help himself either.

I saw the post at Ace’s that likened it to an obscenity — no way, no how is it an obscenity. As for those calling it “the ultimate dis” — um, no, “the ultimate POLITE dis” would be more accurate. How people think “bless his heart” means either I can only chalk up to Yankees trying to appropriate something Southern & screwing it up (as Yankees usually do — bless their hearts).

Dark Star on August 22, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Sometimes followed by, “He just doesn’t know any better”…LOL.

d1carter on August 22, 2012 at 9:47 PM

You betcha!

Terrye on August 22, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Now there is a phrase I know!

gophergirl on August 22, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I grew up in Oklahoma long time ago and there were all sorts of sayings back then that we never hear anymore. Not up here in Yankee land anyway.

Such as pretty near, or pertinear. fair to meddling. veil of tears. dadgum it. Lordamighty..and hells fire and damnation.

Terrye on August 22, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I don’t claim to be a southerner (I do claim to be a transplant), but if it were me, I would have said “Bless your demented shriveled-up heart”

nobar on August 22, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Brat, Palin to Greta

Bless his heart, I don’t want to pile on Todd Akin [but...]

faraway on August 22, 2012 at 9:48 PM

From the deep south in Louisiana- definitely a dis- and certainly applies to the dufus in chief (bless his heart.)

kareyk on August 22, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Bless his heart. That boy would carry a bucket of sand to the beach.

BacaDog on August 22, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Allah, I guess Palin is from South Alaska

faraway on August 22, 2012 at 9:48 PM

You betcha!

Terrye on August 22, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Not when the occasion’s called for. Palin in August 2011:

Fmr. Gov. Sarah Palin: [I'm] getting closer to making the decision, of course, for legal reasons, for practical reasons; but still haven’t made up my mind yet, Sean. But, doggone it, I want these candidates who are in there, I want them to not be sitting back. And bless his heart, I have respect for Mitt Romney, but I do not have respect for what he has done through this debt increase debate. He did this [puts finger in air].

LOL…

ddrintn on August 22, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Can also be used to indicate an unusual or displeasing physical appearance, ie, “Goodness sakes, look at the ears on that baby, bless his heart…”

PointnClick on August 22, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Personally I think there’s a good dose of kindness in the phrase “bless his heart”. As if to say, yes, I’m criticizing you, but it doesn’t bring me any pleasure to do so. Compared to Obama, who giggles like a schoolgirl when he’s attacking Romney.

Sarah Palin, from Alaska, and Idaho before that, for gosh sakes, she uses “bless his heart” quite a bit. The Palinization of Romney? As I said, there’s definitely a kindness there, in both Romney and Palin. I suppose you could say it without any kindness, then it would really be cutting.

Paul-Cincy on August 22, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Its southern for dumba$$. Not nearly strong enough for me. I prefer guu kha mokkel.

rik on August 22, 2012 at 9:49 PM

This is a mild chiding and nothing more.

Yankees are hair-trigger, primitive, and base. It’s an automatic “eff you!” when he hears a horn blow.

In the south, we reserve judgment and use gentle turns of phrase, like “You’re like a bad penny. You just keep turning up.” Or, “President Obama, we didn’t take you to raise you.” But it looks like we did, so we’re not saying that any more.

The press just wants to highlight the SOUTHERN-ness of it all, because SOUTHERN = STUPID, you see.

Yeah, well, knock me over with a feather.

[Apologies in advance if I've made a duplicate post -- ahm from the South, and wee-ya not internet savvy down heah.]

Lawyer Mom on August 22, 2012 at 9:49 PM

I concur with my fellow GRITS (girls raised in the south) that it’s an insult covered in syrup. However, as noted up thread, it really can be legitimate.

Example: You’re a contestant on Top Chef and Paula Deen is a guest judge. You make deconstructed chicken fried steak because Paula’s there and she says “bless your heart” darlin’. That means ya done good.

TxAnn56 on August 22, 2012 at 9:50 PM

But that’s not what Romney was saying.

sandspur on August 22, 2012 at 9:46 PM

In that context people might also God love her.

Terrye on August 22, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Fallon on August 22, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I have to admit that this was a nice move by Gov. Romney. Anyone can say y’all, no one should say “I ain’t no ways tired” and adopting the cadence is tricky and better left alone. The use of this is a nice nod to the differences of the South and the subtly of hostilities and hospitality.

Cindy Munford on August 22, 2012 at 9:50 PM

they will NEVER accept you as one of their own.

renalin on August 22, 2012 at 9:46 PM

bullshi[

jaime on August 22, 2012 at 9:50 PM

ObamaCare is deader than a door nail

faraway on August 22, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Hey, I gotta say this as somebody who has lived in the South for all my life except a couple forays to California and Michigan.

“Bless his heart” is not so much an insult as it is a suggestion that somebody with good intentions falls short because of ability or capability.

I think Romney is wrong. Obama’s actions are not made with good intent. We should not be blessing the heart of the rat-eared bastard.

Happy Nomad on August 22, 2012 at 9:51 PM

they will NEVER accept you as one of their own.

renalin on August 22, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Southerners? They are some of the nicest people in the world. Plus they love my accent ;)

gophergirl on August 22, 2012 at 9:51 PM

I used to take the BHH as the equivalent of a bunch of old, white, dudes smoking cigars in the backroom patting the sitting female Governor, a magna cum laude graduate from a top school, on the head and saying, “You run along, now, honey! We men have business to discuss.”

But, having listened to people like Palin use it, I’m more inclined to think that it means something along the lines “Well, he really is stupid and he actually believes what he is saying, but God loves him so I’m not going to call him a blithering idiot and embarrass him completely” or something.

Kind of like: “Bless your heart, Forrest!”

Resist We Much on August 22, 2012 at 9:51 PM

renalin on August 22, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I believe it came into use during the Occupation after the Late Unpleasantness, when Southerners had to speak in code to avoid trouble, yet still make their point.

sandspur on August 22, 2012 at 9:51 PM

It’s a dis — I’ve always taken it to mean that the person being blessed is overwhelmed and in over his head. That would certainly apply as well.

Mr. D on August 22, 2012 at 9:51 PM

It’s southern for calling a guy a SCOAMF.

JammieWearingFool on August 22, 2012 at 9:51 PM

PointnClick on August 22, 2012 at 9:49 PM

He’ll cuten up, bless his heart!

Cindy Munford on August 22, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Mr. Obama doesn’t understand the economy, and doesn’t care that he doesn’t.

I think Dinesh D’Souza is spot on in his movie 2016. Mr. Obama is all about payback, and if American prosperity suffers or is destroyed, then so be it.

MessesWithTexas on August 22, 2012 at 9:52 PM

After that, I heard Romney say: “Obama, don’t pee down my back and tell me it’s raining.”

faraway on August 22, 2012 at 9:52 PM

In that context people might also God love her.

Terrye on August 22, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Oh, yes. Quite right.

sandspur on August 22, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Bless his/her heart is used mostly by southern women to insult other women without sounding like a b*tch. It is a put down and widely understood that way. It is followed many times by the phrase, “He/she can’t help it.” This means of course that they can’t help doing stupid things because they are stupid.

Curmudgeon on August 22, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Paul-Cincy on August 22, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Well, as a southerner I can tell you that “bless his/her heart” is heard when, say, a kid is struggling to tie his shoes or goes to school and rips the seat of his pants wide open. It’s condescending and sympathetic at the same time.

ddrintn on August 22, 2012 at 9:53 PM

they will NEVER accept you as one of their own.

renalin on August 22, 2012 at 9:46 PM

bullshi[

jaime on August 22, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Exactly.
My co-workers think of me as Texan who has a Chicago accent…and likes the Cubs.
*Cozmo: I’m fixin’ to bite you if you say ANYTHING*

annoyinglittletwerp on August 22, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Blacksheep on August 22, 2012 at 9:38 PM

You got the full contour of it. I offer my Carolinian endorsement.

rrpjr on August 22, 2012 at 9:54 PM

they will NEVER accept you as one of their own.

renalin on August 22, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Bless your heart, its just you. And those like you.

Normal yankees are welcomed with open arms.

cozmo on August 22, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Resist We Much on August 22, 2012 at 9:51 PM

You just described JR Ewing.

TxAnn56 on August 22, 2012 at 9:54 PM

It’s the same thing as Reagan saying “There you go again….”

BacaDog on August 22, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Aggie95 on August 22, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Oh, Aggie — this captures the “bless his heart” phrase perfectly.

Dark Star on August 22, 2012 at 9:54 PM

frankly i didn’t pay attention to their accent.

renalin on August 22, 2012 at 9:46 PM

It’s not so much the accent, as the emphasis. IIRC, “BLESS your heart” is a lot worse than “bless your HEART”.

malclave on August 22, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Actually, Biden being Biden is reason enough for us all to hope for his heart health.

wolfsDad on August 22, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I love it!

southernms on August 22, 2012 at 9:55 PM

According to Urban Dictionary it is an insult:

1. This is a term used by the people of the southern United States particularly near the Gulf of Mexico to express to someone that they are an idiot without saying such harsh words.

2. “You are an idiot but I like you and care about you so I dont want to hurt your feelings.”

jonkk on August 22, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Yeah, except I don’t like Jugears much.

Bless his heart.

SagebrushPuppet on August 22, 2012 at 9:55 PM

*Cozmo: I’m fixin’ to bite you if you say ANYTHING*

annoyinglittletwerp on August 22, 2012 at 9:53 PM

…anything…

cozmo on August 22, 2012 at 9:55 PM

LOL…

ddrintn on August 22, 2012 at 9:48 PM

LOL yourself..it is not as if Palin invented the phrase.

You just have to make everything about Sarah doncha?

And LOL, didn’t Palin use the phrase on one occasion when referring to…Romney?

ddrintn on August 22, 2012 at 9:41 PM

And be nasty about it in the process.. That is what is so sad about you.

Terrye on August 22, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Polite way southern version of saying “Here’s your sign”.

dddave on August 22, 2012 at 9:56 PM

People who are saying it is the same as “F-you” or “F – off” have no idea what they are talking about. Bless their hearts.

Here in the South it is widely known to be a very polite way of saying the other person is wrong or can’t seem to do anything right.

At its most harsh it is pity.

Elizabetty on August 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Cindy Munford on August 22, 2012 at 9:50 PM

I’ve never lived in “The South” but I’ve lived in Texas and the humor of the geographic south is sometimes quite subtle but very amusing. God love all y’all.

Fallon on August 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Terrye on August 22, 2012 at 9:55 PM

BLESS his heart, SP’s all the poor thing has to live for.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM

*Cozmo: I’m fixin’ to bite you if you say ANYTHING*

annoyinglittletwerp on August 22, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Have you paid your respects to the Alamo, San Jacinto battlefield, statue of Sam or the flagship of our navy?

cozmo on August 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Since when is Sarah Palin from the south? Her family is from Utah and Idaho, before Alaska. So this must be something other than just “Southern” maybe specific to a strain of religion?

At any rate, Romney knows what he is saying and who he is talking to.

But I just thought it was a little odd. I hope Obama feels insulted. Obama will probably make it a felony by tomorrow.

petunia on August 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM

“You run along, now, honey! We men have business bidness to discuss.”

Resist We Much on August 22, 2012 at 9:51 PM

FIFY

BacaDog on August 22, 2012 at 9:58 PM

malclave on August 22, 2012 at 9:54 PM

my hearings not so good i guess. but i get your point.

renalin on August 22, 2012 at 9:58 PM

LoganSix on August 22, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Nailed it. Timing is everything. Romney needs to slow it down, kinda, let it soak in. As a southern gentleman, I always pause to give the recipient of the BYH time to realize that it ain’t no complement.

BigAlSouth on August 22, 2012 at 9:58 PM

At its most harsh it is pity.

Elizabetty on August 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM

This.

Bless your heart AP, you’ll never get a date.

lorien1973 on August 22, 2012 at 9:58 PM

they will NEVER accept you as one of their own.
different culture totally.
renalin on August 22,

gophergirl on August 22, 2012 at 9:51 PM

As a Yankee , I spent time working and living in the south. The folks there are significantly more courteous and welcoming than northerners.
The media/entertainment hive has created a bigoted caricature of southerners that betrays their ignorance and parochial hive mentality.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on August 22, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Aggie95 on August 22, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Oh, Aggie — this captures the “bless his heart” phrase perfectly.

Dark Star on August 22, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Excellent Ag (by the way, my nephew started at A&M last week and is in the Corps or corpse as BHO would say). If Romney ever says that Obama is lower than a snake’s belly in a wagon rut, he’ll become an honorary southerner.

TxAnn56 on August 22, 2012 at 9:59 PM

My co-workers think of me as Texan who has a Chicago accent…and likes the Cubs.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 22, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Try telling them you’re a Bears fan…

malclave on August 22, 2012 at 9:59 PM

they will NEVER accept you as one of their own.

renalin on August 22, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Bless your heart, poor renalin must have gotten a lot of “bless his hearts” — but take it from someone lucky to have grown up & live in the South — it isn’t because Southerners will NEVER accept a Northern as “one of their own” — it is because they will never accept YOU — someone who prefers “eff you” to “BHH” and equates the two — as one of their own.

Dark Star on August 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM

gophergirl on August 22, 2012 at 9:51 PM

I think most southerners are nice..they think it is bad manners to be anything else.

My grandmother told me that if you were mean or rude to people it was a sign of bad bringing up.

Terrye on August 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM

cozmo on August 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Been near the Alamo-but Lubbock is close to NO PLACE so nothing-except perhaps PRoA-is a day trip.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Yeah he insulted Obama…I’m a Border State, and we’d see this for what it is….

JFKY on August 22, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Aw, dang it, it is just unacceptable for Mitt to be so mean!

What has Barry ever done to Mitt in the first place…

ccrosby on August 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM

LOL yourself..it is not as if Palin invented the phrase.

Terrye on August 22, 2012 at 9:55 PM

No, but you see, Little Richard didn’t invent rock and roll, but Pat Boone still looked like a dork singing “Tutti Frutti”.

ddrintn on August 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM

they will NEVER accept you as one of their own.

renalin on August 22, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I suspect you’re hard to take anywhere.

faraway on August 22, 2012 at 10:01 PM

In that context people might also God love her.

Terrye on August 22, 2012 at 9:50 PM

That could cut either way. It could be a prelude to “but she’s dumber than a box of rocks”.

Paul-Cincy on August 22, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Try telling them you’re a Bears fan…

malclave on August 22, 2012 at 9:59 PM

lovie Smith’s a racist-so no go-but there’s 2 former Cubbies now playing for the Rangers…so it’s good.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 22, 2012 at 10:02 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Too far to go, bless your heart.

cozmo on August 22, 2012 at 10:02 PM

i’m starting to dislike southerners.

terminal stupid on August 22, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Bill Clinton and Algore thank you for your support.

A+