Obama’s response to ’03 question on late-term abortions: “I am pro-choice”

posted at 8:01 pm on August 22, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via John McCormack, whose post you should read as a refresher on how dismal The One’s abortion record is. In fact, it’s so dismal that I think it undercuts the power of the clip he found. Show of hands: Who didn’t already assume before watching this that Obama supports “choice” in virtually every conceivable situation, including when a baby emerges alive after a botched abortion? I realize, per McCormack, that O endorsed banning late-term abortions in 2008, but he said a lot of things he doesn’t really believe to get elected four years ago. Where is he on this now? If he’s willing to “evolve” on gay marriage, by which I mean openly advocate what he’s secretly believed for decades, he should feel safe enough in his lame-duck term to make the case for Week 39 abortions, no? He’s already got Sandra Fluke writing campaign e-mails for him, as I learned around an hour ago; imagine how impressed feminists would be if he finally exploded the facade that the Democratic Party is meaningfully opposed to abortion in any circumstance.

On a related note:

Roman Catholic Cardinal Timothy Dolan will give the benediction at the Republican National Convention on the night Mitt Romney accepts the presidential nomination. The cardinal’s spokesman said the appearance was not an endorsement.

Dolan is the New York archbishop and president of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops…

The archdiocese is one of more than 40 Catholic groups suing President Barack Obama over his mandate that employers provide health insurance that includes free birth control as a preventive service.

To emphasize that he’s not endorsing Romney, Dolan says he’ll give the benediction at the Democratic National Convention too if they want. But of course, the point of the RNC inviting him isn’t to claim his endorsement. It’s to push him back into the news and entice the media into interviewing him about O’s contraception mandate, a useful reminder to Catholic voters about where their church stands shortly before the Democratic convention has itself a big pro-choice jamboree 10 days from now. Good retail politics. Whether giving Dolan a media soapbox to challenge O will convince any Catholic fencesitters to actually tilt Republican, though, I don’t know. Didn’t work out too well last time.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Yes, DNC, run with this. Please show the world your sacrament of abortion on live TV.

SouthernGent on August 22, 2012 at 8:04 PM

….what’s he choosing?

KOOLAID2 on August 22, 2012 at 8:04 PM

..this is not news. We knew this already. This slime bag was all for throwing live fetuses (NOT to be confused with Jay Carney who is a DEAD fetus nor Stephanie Cutter who is a quivering pile of pig afterbirth) into hospital trash cans.

The War Planner on August 22, 2012 at 8:05 PM

“I don’t think it’s the government’s role to meddle in that choice.”

Oh, the irony.

BKeyser on August 22, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I thought this was above his pay grade.

Mark1971 on August 22, 2012 at 8:06 PM

“I don’t think that it’s the government’s role to meddle in that choice.”

OK, apparently it is the government’s role to meddle in the choice of whether a person buys health insurance, but it is not the government’s role to meddle in the choice to kill a baby.

What am I missing?

jaime on August 22, 2012 at 8:07 PM

It’s time for Romney-Ryan to do an ad showing voters who the real “extremist” is in this campaign.

Rational Thought on August 22, 2012 at 8:07 PM

“I am pro-choice”

He continued ” as long as the choice is about WHEN to kill the baby. Also , since it is above my pay grade to know when life begins , taxpayers should pay for every kill err…er.choice “

burrata on August 22, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Obama also supported allowing infant born alive after abortion to suffocate in a soild utilities closet.

Michelle Obama actively fundraised for Obama in support of partial birth abortion.

Vera on August 22, 2012 at 8:09 PM

The War Planner on August 22, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I thought partial birth abortion was the most vile thing I’ve ever heard of until I heard about this.

I wonder how many people would wretch in disgust if they knew just what “dear leader” was for.

gophergirl on August 22, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Really? Walk into that den of vipers? I wouldn’t.

SagebrushPuppet on August 22, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I don’t think that it’s the government’s role to meddle in that choice.

…Unless of course that thing survives the “choice”. Then there is no choice: Slam its head against the wall!

Valkyriepundit on August 22, 2012 at 8:14 PM

The sad truth, and Obama knows it, is that fetuses don’t vote.

Only the selfish derelicts who aren’t smart enough to keep from getting pregnant to begin with.

Dan Quayle was right: single parenthood is a root cause of most of America’s most serious social problems.

VastRightWingConspirator on August 22, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Late-term abortion?

The tyrant is for infanticide and for using the practice of ‘shelving’ babies that survive an abortion and are outside the mother’s womb.

Why is this a surprise?

KirknBurker on August 22, 2012 at 8:15 PM

And all the trolls who infest here will ask instead, “What about those tax returns?”

Liam on August 22, 2012 at 8:15 PM

“I am pro-choice:infanticide”

Sorry if some folks find this harsh, but I find that the older I guess, the less use I have for equivocating bull$hit.

CantCureStupid on August 22, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Throw the bum out

cmsinaz on August 22, 2012 at 8:16 PM

First term abortions are sick, late term abortions are pure evil. How could anyone who is pro-abortion advocate with a straight face that late term abortions are acceptable? It’s the mutilations of a fully developed baby. One of the most repulsive positions on the left.

jawkneemusic on August 22, 2012 at 8:17 PM

*yaaaaawn!*
I guess when Romney and Ryan are headed down the tubes on the abortion issue, the only thing to do is to pull the “I’m rubber, you’re glue” card, eh AP?

“Panic”. It’s what Republicans are having for dinner.

chumpThreads on August 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM

guess should have been get… oops

CantCureStupid on August 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM

They’re going to overplay their hand on the abortion stuff. Anyone who is voting solely on abortion “rights’ is already voting Dem, and they’re going to turn off those who aren’t so giddy about the idea of aborting late-term pregnancies.

changer1701 on August 22, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Liberals simply have no caring except for themselves.

It’s a bay, or it’s nothing.

To liberals, it’s nothing.

Liam on August 22, 2012 at 8:19 PM

burrata on August 22, 2012 at 8:08 PM

I’ve heard this theme a lot the last couple of days.

I really think it time we force those who claim to be “pro-choice” to complete the sentence. In other words- I’m all for the choice of killing the baby. I won’t go so far as Ann Coulter who described pro-choice to include chasing the fetus down the hall and beat it to death with a fire extinguisher. But she isn’t so far off on what pro-choice people think. Nevermind that adoption is also a choice. So is the idea of actually keeping the child.

Happy Nomad on August 22, 2012 at 8:20 PM

*yaaaaawn!*

“Panic”. It’s what Republicans are having for dinner.

chumpThreads on August 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Yes, because a blog post by the Weekly Standard surely means panic is setting in. /

changer1701 on August 22, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Fight the Akin smears with this to your liberal friends and family. Make Akin the outcast in the GOP and the infantcide-approving president the center of his party (which he is, by definition)

thebrokenrattle on August 22, 2012 at 8:21 PM

I wonder if any of the babies Obama supports killing would have grown up to look like him.

tomas on August 22, 2012 at 8:21 PM

“I don’t think that it’s the government’s role to meddle in that choice.”

What am I missing?

jaime on August 22, 2012 at 8:07 PM

You’re overlooking the fact that you have common sense.

listens2glenn on August 22, 2012 at 8:22 PM

chumpThreads on August 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Panic? Riiiiiiiight…

Try to defend this? I implore you to defend this sick and twisted position that our infanticide President supports…

jawkneemusic on August 22, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Next time you find yourself in a maternity ward, go and look at all the newborns and marvel at the fact that just.a few days prior, Obama would have been okay with aborting them all if that’s what the mother had chosen.

tdpwells on August 22, 2012 at 8:23 PM

“Panic”. It’s what Republicans are having for dinner.

chumpThreads on August 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Are you going to be a willing douchebag all your life?

If anyone is in panic, it’s you liberals. I don;t need to quote all the things from your side to make my point, because you know them well as I do.

You’re just another terrified queer douchebag who thinks he’s making a point that might sway opinion.

Try somewhere else.

Liam on August 22, 2012 at 8:23 PM

CantCureStupid on August 22, 2012 at 8:16 PM

guess should have been get… oops

CantCureStupid on August 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I don’t know your age CCS but I will tell you this. The older I get and the more I know who I am, the less tolerance I have for things like calling pro-murder something like pro-choice because it polls better than infanticide.

Happy Nomad on August 22, 2012 at 8:25 PM

If the press wants to ask Ryan to define “forable rape” then they need to ask Obama to define “infantacide.”

29Victor on August 22, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Evening fellow hotgassers. Did I miss anything?

BacaDog on August 22, 2012 at 8:27 PM

chumpThreads on August 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Do you approve of this??

Vera on August 22, 2012 at 8:09 PM

ftr- I am not one to vote on the A issue. But if this is something you approve of-do tell. Even a social moderate would wretch. Thats some evil sh$t right there.

bazil9 on August 22, 2012 at 8:27 PM

tdpwells on August 22, 2012 at 8:23 PM

I am reminded of this POS’s position on infanticide every time I look at my own two babies. This man is sick.

jawkneemusic on August 22, 2012 at 8:27 PM

tomas on August 22, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Probably not. It would have required him to procreate and I’m not all that sure that his two brats are his. It would take a whole lot of alcohol to do anything buy shake hands with the angry racist shrew that is Mooch.

Happy Nomad on August 22, 2012 at 8:28 PM

So, according to Obama, abortion is a viable solution to a “difficult pregnancy.” The key word there is “difficult”. He obviously isn’t referring to a pregnancy that is threatening to the woman’s life but one that she determines to be “difficult” because she doesn’t want the life she helped create to live because the child’s birth and the raising of the child would be “difficult” for her to deal with.

Then, when you couple that with his long-time support of botched-abortion murder of a child, you are looking at evil in its coldest form.

The man is not just stateless, but utterly soulless to a degree unmatched in the history of this nation.

TXUS on August 22, 2012 at 8:28 PM

He’s the only politician in the US that has argued… successfully… FOR infanticide. And he did it not once, not twice, but FOUR TIMES. It’s the one issue he’ll never vote “present” on.

theCork on August 22, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Leave a viable baby in a sealed pail to die slow of neglect: This is Obama and liberals are okay with that.

Oppose that circumstance, and you’re a racist woman-hater.

Liam on August 22, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Good thing that government controlled health care has nothing to do with someone’s body.

Ben Hur on August 22, 2012 at 8:31 PM

“Vote Dem 2012:Because those unborn babies aren’t going to kill themselves”

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on August 22, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Vera on August 22, 2012 at 8:09 PM

The rat-eared bastard actually voted “present” on that bill in the IL Legislature. Which is worse. He could have stood up for the child, saw the political downside of doing so as a Dem, and essentially didn’t vote at all because he knew that killing babies would not play well when running for higher office.

Happy Nomad on August 22, 2012 at 8:31 PM

And so called Christians will vote for this. They will leave their conscience at home or outside the polling booth. How can one say that they believe in a God who made us in His image and is the Creator of all things and turn a blind eye to the murder of innocent children in the womb. How can anybody vote for the democrat platform who keeps the poor on the plantation and kills babies for convenience. Wrap your arms around the number 52 million and the lost relationships and possibilities that they might have brought to us. Fortunately for me and my family, two brave birth mothers made the right decision, the only decision a right thinking person could make, my two children were rescued from abortion. How can anyone vote for the democrat party? How can anyone support planned parenthood or any other abortion clinic? They are no better than paid killers and their clientele are scared woman, taken advantage of with a lie. One dead and one wounded, for surely the woman will find at some point what she did was wrong. Sad that our country has sunk to having no respect for human life.

crosshugger on August 22, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Oh, the irony.

BKeyser on August 22, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Yup

29Victor on August 22, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Vera on August 22, 2012 at 8:09 PM

bazil9 on August 22, 2012 at 8:27 PM

The woman that exposed that is Jill Stanek-who worked @ Christ hospital in Oak Lawn, IL

annoyinglittletwerp on August 22, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Lotsa slave owners had common sense too, I guess Obama would have left the whole to-own or not-to-own choice up to them.

29Victor on August 22, 2012 at 8:35 PM

tdpwells on August 22, 2012 at 8:23 PM

~~~~~~~

It is pretty crazy when you think of it that way…just like when a baby is born prematurely, and you see pictures of the tiny little life struggling to survive, and think of all the effort put forward by medical professionals to save that baby…and yet, if the choice was to end the pregnancy, none of that would happen, and the baby would be treated like a tumor, to be removed and discarded.

ellifint on August 22, 2012 at 8:36 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 22, 2012 at 8:32 PM

I recall the story twerp. Made me ill.

No answer chump? I didn’t expect one.
Maybe you are one of the employees that throw dying babies in a closet. Wouldn’t surprise me.

bazil9 on August 22, 2012 at 8:36 PM

I’m stunned that people don’t know about 0dumbo’s infanticide vote! Please Mitt, get the word out on this POS!

Sasha List on August 22, 2012 at 8:37 PM

I hope both Obama’s daughters are barren, that he never be a grandfather.

Liam on August 22, 2012 at 8:37 PM

ellifint on August 22, 2012 at 8:36 PM

I was a 36-maybe 34 or 35-week preemie.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 22, 2012 at 8:38 PM

“Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery abortion, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.”
― Abraham Lincoln

Speakup on August 22, 2012 at 8:38 PM

May Obama’s children never be ‘burdened’ with pregnancy, as he himself said.

Liam on August 22, 2012 at 8:39 PM

crosshugger on August 22, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Yup. And, as a Christian, I find it sickening. What I usually hear is some “I’m not a one issue voter” crap.

29Victor on August 22, 2012 at 8:39 PM

bazil9 on August 22, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Oak Lawn has gone muslim-so my guess is that now…only girl babies are being left to die.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 22, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Susan B. Anthony List currently has a bus tour across the nation for the express purpose of exposing Obama’s radical abortion beliefs.

Defeat Abortion Extremists.

Pro-life women from across the country are hitting the road to expose President Obama’s abortion record – and that of his extreme team! Across Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio, Virginia and Florida, women will be speaking out, calling on voters to defeat President Obama — and those Senators and Senate candidates that seek to rubber-stamp his extreme abortion agenda — at the ballot box!

Expanding taxpayer funding of abortion under the guise of “health care” through Obamacare.

Forcing taxpayers to underwrite the nation’s #1 abortion business, Planned Parenthood.

Refusing to defend baby girls from the lethal discrimination of sex-selective abortion.

Exporting taxpayer funding of abortion overseas to nations like China who practice forced late-term abortions.

…President Obama’s record on abortion is extreme…and must be exposed!

The Abortion President.

During his first term, President Obama has radically expanded access to abortion both here at home and abroad… and taxpayers are footing the bill….

More on his record at the link.

INC on August 22, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Who in the hell cares? A woman has a right to choose. It’s not a man who chooses for us.

Get over it the damned social issues

If the GOP wants to continue down the social issues route, they will cease to exist. A quick death, instead of the slow death by self inflicted 1,000 cuts

Redford on August 22, 2012 at 8:45 PM

The parts of his agenda that would piss off your typical souther, blue dog democrat are things he ran on, explicitly, during the campaign. If they don’t support those things and they voted for him it’s kind of on them.

libfreeordie on March 16, 2009 at 11:21 AM

rogerb on August 22, 2012 at 8:45 PM

I hope both Obama’s daughters are barren, that he never be a grandfather.

Liam on August 22, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Perhaps the most eloquent damnation of all.

Happy Nomad on August 22, 2012 at 8:45 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 22, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Jill Stanek is touring with the Susan B. Anthony bus. Who better to do it!

There are many speakers. Jill will be at every stop.

INC on August 22, 2012 at 8:46 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 22, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Lovely. Where is Oak Lawn? A Chicago suburb?
Islam and babies suffocating. Sounds wonderful.

bazil9 on August 22, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Who in the hell cares?
Redford on August 22, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Ladies and gentleman, your contemporary culture in a nutshell.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on August 22, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Get over it the damned social issues

Redford on August 22, 2012 at 8:45 PM

And an easy out for liberal males and other cowards like you.

Welcome to the liberal concept of manhood. Males like you are the reason why women ‘choose’ to murder their babies: because buttnuts like you won’t own up and even try being fathers and husbands.

Pffft!

Liam on August 22, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on August 22, 2012 at 8:51 PM

I had to walk away from my lap top before I said something that would be my last here at HA.
So sad.

MontanaMmmm on August 22, 2012 at 8:54 PM

You could force Obama to sign a post birth abortion bill. You could do it while the iron is hot.

There was some abortion academy big-shots advocating something a few months ago. Let’s get the sense of the senate on that. Put a post birth time frame on the bill and make the Democrats look ridiculous by extending the time frame after the first few votes fail. At 6 months you’ll finally get the bill signed and then you have a starting point to lower it. It’s political gold forever.

Buddahpundit on August 22, 2012 at 8:54 PM

As I have stated before and will state again:

Government mandated, compulsory childbirth is a vile offense to a woman’s bodily integrity. The government should not exercise control over anyone’s reproductive decisions.

The government of China exercises such control and forces women to have abortions against their will. That is wrong! Forcing a rape victim to give birth to her rapists child or an incest victim to give birth to her own brother or sister is the other side of the same coin and is equally wrong!

That’s why I’m pro-choice. I believe the pregnant woman should have the right to make her own reproductive decisions.

chumpThreads on August 22, 2012 at 8:56 PM

And, Now, For A Word About Abortion From…Johnny Rotten & Sid Vicious of The Sex Pistols

M2RB: The Sex Pistols

Resist We Much on August 22, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Redford on August 22, 2012 at 8:45 PM

If a person doesn’t have the right to live, what other rights matter?

29Victor on August 22, 2012 at 8:57 PM

chumpThreads on August 22, 2012 at 8:56 PM

All that tells me is that you and other liberal males don’t want to be ‘forced’ to pay for planting your seeds.

Hey, good! The fewer liberals planted, the better the breeding stock.

Liam on August 22, 2012 at 8:59 PM

May Obama’s children never be ‘burdened’ with pregnancy, as he himself said.
Liam on August 22, 2012 at 8:39 PM

I believe the correct phrase was “I don’t want them to be punished with a baby!”

jawkneemusic on August 22, 2012 at 9:01 PM

chumpThreads on August 22, 2012 at 8:56 PM

You didnt answer my question..big surprise.

bazil9 on August 22, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Liam on August 22, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I think Redford is a female, “it’s not a man who chooses for us.”

MontanaMmmm on August 22, 2012 at 9:02 PM

chumpThreads on August 22, 2012 at 8:56 PM

You liberals don;t make love. You rut, like deer. Like how animals don’t care about their offspring, neither do you liberals.

You lib males love abortion because it gets you off the hook. You liberal males are the worst perpetration of abuse of women ever writ in all of history.

A Conservative man will offer, what can I do here? A liberal male will say, “That’s your decision, and I’m not going to pay for that.”

Liam on August 22, 2012 at 9:04 PM

bazil9 on August 22, 2012 at 8:47 PM

the Southwest suburbs have become feeder towns for the Bridgeview Mosque.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 22, 2012 at 9:05 PM

As I have stated before and will state again:
chumpThreads on August 22, 2012 at 8:56 PM

You sick freak of nature. The choice is simple. If you don’t want a baby, DON’T HAVE SEX!

jawkneemusic on August 22, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Hey, good! The fewer liberals planted, the better the breeding stock.

Liam on August 22, 2012 at 8:59 PM

All that tells me is that you are not worth engaging in a discussion.

chumpThreads on August 22, 2012 at 9:07 PM

jawkneemusic on August 22, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Yes, that.

An awful sentence to speak, really.

Imagine hearing the sentiment from your own parent that you were somehow a ‘punishment’. And worse, that comment being in history books and liberal commentary as a defense for daddy’s political position.

Liam on August 22, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Nice play on words.

Inconceivably, pro-abortion types like chumpThreads have the blood of children on their hands, & they’re proud of it.

itsnotaboutme on August 22, 2012 at 9:09 PM

If you kill a baby after he or she has been born alive, that is murder, not “abortion” (or “post-natal termination,” or whatever silly euphemism the progs are using now to try and pretty it up).

What I found remarkable about Obama’s position on that Illinois bill was his absurd rationalization that it was completely unnecessary to require a doctor to render aid to a baby born alive after a botched abortion attempt, because any doctor in that situation would naturally give aid anyway.

Think about that argument for a second (that’s all it will take to recognize how completely idiotic and illogical it is). The doctor who was hired to terminate the pregnancy failed to do that which he was hired to do, and now faces the prospect of a lawsuit from the unhappy mother — for her own injuries, as well as the “wrongful life” of the baby. What would be such a doctor’s “natural” inclinations at that point — to give aid to the baby and keep it alive, or kill it as quickly as possible to hide the evidence of his malpractice and limit his potential damages?

AZCoyote on August 22, 2012 at 9:10 PM

“Panic”. It’s what Republicans are having for dinner.

chumpThreads on August 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM

O’bama needed an alltime record 70% of the high school dropout vote to win in 2008.

He’ll need the other 30% this year. I see you’re all in.

A+

Del Dolemonte on August 22, 2012 at 9:10 PM

All that tells me is that you are not worth engaging in a discussion.
chumpThreads on August 22, 2012 at 9:07 PM

And your support for infanticide exposes you as a sick and twisted freak just like our Scumbag in Chief.

jawkneemusic on August 22, 2012 at 9:13 PM

chumpThreads on August 22, 2012 at 8:56 PM

So easy-access for the 99% recreational-related abortions in order to ensure adequate access for the 1% related to rape/incest, right?

What’s neat is I’m guessing you’re the opposite on gun laws/ownership, where the numbers are almost exactly reversed.

Hey, turns out I was right. First hit:

By the way, if this guy is as deranged as he appears to be, do you think he could have passed a gun safety certification exam? And what if completion of such an exam were required before he could walk into a store and by a Glock?

Sure, people can get guns illegally, but why make buying a semi-automatic pistol as easy as buying a quart of milk?

chumpThreads on January 10, 2011 at 2:25 PM

Well done.

rogerb on August 22, 2012 at 9:13 PM

The choice is simple. If you don’t want a baby, DON’T HAVE SEX!

jawkneemusic on August 22, 2012 at 9:06 PM

And you have perfectly illustrated what the anti-abortion position is really about. You want to be the sex police!

The President is right. You and your type want to punish women who have sex outside of your parameters by forcing them to give birth if they get pregnant. Rape and incest victims included.

I’m putting you on “ignore” along with your buddy Liam.

chumpThreads on August 22, 2012 at 9:14 PM

All that tells me is that you are not worth engaging in a discussion.

chumpThreads on August 22, 2012 at 9:07 PM

In other words, I hit a sore nerve in you.

That’s fine, because that was my aim against a cowardly liberal like you.

Really–of your kind, you’d toss her 300 bucks to kill the baby and get your ass out of the sling. What a great man you must be!

Pffft!

You may get laid a lot, but I can’t see any woman truly loving you or any liberal male like you.

Liam on August 22, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I’m putting you on “ignore”

chumpThreads on August 22, 2012 at 9:14 PM

How Tolerant of you.

A+++

Del Dolemonte on August 22, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Well done.

rogerb on August 22, 2012 at 9:13 PM

And well played!

Del Dolemonte on August 22, 2012 at 9:16 PM

I’m putting you on “ignore”

chumpThreads on August 22, 2012 at 9:14 PM

And the world comes to an end!

Liam on August 22, 2012 at 9:18 PM

I’m putting you on “ignore” along with your buddy Liam.
chumpThreads on August 22, 2012 at 9:14 PM

No, you freak! I want people to take responsibility for their choices and actions! Those who seek abortions in order to get rid of an “inconvenience” should not be allowed to. They made their choice. THEY SHOULD OWN IT!

jawkneemusic on August 22, 2012 at 9:19 PM

rogerb on August 22, 2012 at 9:13 PM

“Recreational-related”? Are you saying women have abortions just for the fun of it, or are you just another sex cop who feels a woman should be “slut shamed” into giving birth against her will?

Let’s save gun control for another thread, eh?

chumpThreads on August 22, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Nothing should be considered unexpected or beyond the pale from the man who fought against BAIPA.

Stoic Patriot on August 22, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Obama, One Man Death Panel

“I choose death”

faraway on August 22, 2012 at 9:21 PM

chumpThreads on August 22, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Most abortions are done for convenience. Or aren’t you up on details?

Liam on August 22, 2012 at 9:23 PM

chumpThreads on August 22, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Um…the choices come before pregnancy. Condom or the pill. Surgical procedures or not. By the time the woman is pregnant the only choice is to kill or not to kill.

Happy Nomad on August 22, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Jill Stanek has a timeline with an extensive list of Obama’s speeches and votes when he was in the IL legislature.

Links to Barack Obama’s votes on Illinois’ Born Alive Infant Protection Act

It is enthralling, dramatic and horrific reading. Including a pdf of this:

Transcript of Obama taking credit for Christ Hospital’s Comfort Room in the IL Senate Judiciary Committee hearing, March 5, 2002

Here’s her summary of that exchange with photos of the “Comfort Room.”

Barack Obama and the Comfort Room
Exclusive: Jill Stanek relates exchange she had with senator about live aborted babies

In March 2002, then Illinois state Sen. Barack Obama and I engaged in an interesting exchange during my testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee, of which he was a member.

I was speaking in favor of the Illinois Born Alive Infant Protection Act for the second time, which had failed the year before.

The previous year, I had told Obama and the committee of my experience holding a live aborted baby until he died in my capacity as a labor and delivery nurse at Christ Hospital in Oak Lawn, Ill.

That year, I described Christ Hospital’s Comfort Room, unveiled in December 2000 to counter my public statements that personnel were shelving babies to die in the department’s soiled utility room next to dirty linens, bloody and biohazardous waste, and a urinal:

Four months ago, Christ Hospital unveiled its “Comfort Room.” So now I can no longer say that live aborted babies are left in our Soiled Utility Room to die. We now have this prettily wallpapered room complete with a First Foto machine, baptismal gowns, a footprinter and baby bracelets, so that we can offer keepsakes to parents of their aborted babies. There is even a nice wooden rocker in the room to rock live aborted babies to death.

I did not mention the Comfort Room when I testified again in 2002. But Barack Obama remembered.

Of over 4,000 pieces of legislation introduced in the Illinois General Assembly in 2001, Obama apparently recalled my description of Christ Hospital’s Comfort Room. He stated, according to the State Net transcript:

Ms. Stanek, your initial testimony last year showed your dismay at the lack of regard for human life. I agreed with you last year, and we suggested that there be a Comfort Room or something of that nature be done. The hospital acknowledged that and changes were made and you are still unimpressed. It sounds to me like you are really not interested in how these fetuses are treated, but rather not providing absolutely any medical care or life to them.

Obama had actually not agreed with me the year before. He had agreed with ACLU attorney Colleen Connell that “living is not the same as viability” when he voted against Born Alive in committee and went on to be the sole senator speaking against it on the Senate floor.

And “we” suggested the Comfort Room? I was the one who told him about the Comfort Room four months after the fact, also providing photo evidence.

What was going on? Obama hadn’t been coached had he, perhaps by fellow Trinity United Church of Christ member Dr. Jane Fisler-Hoffman, who also happened to sit on the board of Christ Hospital’s parent company, Advocate Health Care?

Or by Rev. Dr. Ozzie Smith Jr., another Advocate board member and former associate pastor at TUCC under Rev. Jeremiah Wright?

Or by Wright himself, who sat on the board of Christ Hospital’s parent company from 1986-89?

Or by Christ Hospital CEO Carole Schneider, a UCC member?

Or by fellow state Rep. Renee Kosel, a Christ Hospital board member who opposed Born Alive on the House side?

I’d like Sen. Obama to tell us whether he received counsel from any of the aforementioned to oppose Born Alive.

INC on August 22, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Let’s save gun control for another thread, eh?
chumpThreads on August 22, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Woman who have as much sex as they want then get an abortion so they can go out and do it again with another partner aren’t sluts? They shouldn’t be ashamed of their promiscuity? Do I have that right? I thought intercourse’s main purpose was to procreate? Should there be no expectation of responsible behavior in this regard?

Sums up your moral compass.

“hey ladies, have as much sex as you want, if you get pregnant, no problem! Our liberal culture of death will fix you right up!”

That about right?

jawkneemusic on August 22, 2012 at 9:27 PM

rogerb on August 22, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Let’s save gun control for another thread, eh?

chumpThreads on August 22, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Bless your heart if you don’t understand rape/non-rape sex.

And bless your heart as well if you think my post was about gun control.

Obama 2012!!/!

rogerb on August 22, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I hope both Obama’s daughters are barren, that he never be a grandfather.

Liam on August 22, 2012 at 8:37 PM

I’d say it another way. May no progeny ever issue again from Mr. and Mrs. Obama, or their children. And as to the latter, should they make that “difficult choice” that their father talks about and thus choose to kill their own progeny, I will make an exception to my pro-life position, to the extent that I will personally fund the abortions of their own children. This line of abject hatred for our country must end for all time.

Then again, who knows, the daughters might well rebel against all the garbage that no doubt is being served them from this evil pair of parents. It happens. But, my offer still stands, since if they choose abortion, it would prove that the acorns never fall to far from their tree.

TXUS on August 22, 2012 at 9:28 PM

i know that leftist agitpropers use international data selectively, but seriously someone should stand up against the moral midgets in the US and say…look at europe. First 12 weeks is standard, in a couple of countries, 24 weeks

are we now to call our EU betters retrograde anti-womyn fascists?

what you say barry? what about all the tragedies in europe barry

r keller on August 22, 2012 at 9:32 PM