Barbara Boxer: Maybe Republicans just don’t like their moms or wives or something

posted at 2:41 pm on August 22, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

I’ve always thought of myself as a woman, but evidently, I’m not a real woman — I mean, how could I possibly vote Republican and still be a real woman at the same time? Apparently, caring more about the economy, jobs, and the deficit more than anything else, and happening to think that everybody should have to pay for their own medications, disqualifies me from the category of womanhood. At least, that’s the message I’m getting from Democrats telling me that there’s a “war on women” lately, like Sen. Barbara Boxer speaking at a Planned Parenthood event in California yesterday.

“There is a war against women, and Romney and Ryan — if they are elected — would become its top generals,” Boxer said calling Akin’s comments a “direct outgrowth” of the extreme positions on abortion held by Republicans.

“Where’s the outrage by Mitt Romney?” Boxer asked, “There is a sickness out there in the Republican Party, and I’m not kidding. Maybe they don’t like their moms or their first wives; I don’t know what it is.”

Call me crazy, but I place economic issues way higher on my list of priorities than I do all the flap over Akin’s comments. A valid issue it may certainly be, but a healthy, robust economy and a solvent federal government take precedence in my mind — a prosperous economy can cure all manner of material and social ills without government quibbling, and President Obama has failed spectacularly in promoting such an economy. Democrats know this all too well, which explains why they’re actively turning the “war on women” into a gigantic sideshow — anything to make Republicans look eeevil and encourage everyone to forget that the fiscal future of the United States hangs in the balance. They’re capitalizing on all the uproar by adding speakers addressing “women’s issues” to their convention’s lineup, and I’m sure they’re all to happy to do so:

The Democratic National Convention announced Wednesday that it is adding 10 women to the speaking line-up.

Three of them are expected to squarely address abortion and contraception: the president of the leading abortion rights advocacy group, Nancy Keenan of NARAL Pro-Choice America; the president of Planned Parenthood Action Fund, Cecile Richards; and Sandra Fluke, the former Georgetown University law student who has been a prominent advocate for President Barack Obama‘s decision to require most employers to cover contraception for free in their health plans. …

The Democratic convention will also feature Lilly Ledbetter, whose suit for pay discrimination was blocked by the Supreme Court, prompting Congress to pass legislation making it easier to sue. That law was, named for Ms. Ledbetter, was the first bill signed by Mr. Obama.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

The #1 reason on the list of why I’m ashamed to be a Californian.

aunursa on August 22, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Well this should be interesting. I just read that the networks won’t be covering Ann Romneys speech because they aren’t going to fully cover day one of the Convention.So much for Women…

sandee on August 22, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I don’t like my mom because she let me live.

Okie dokie.

MNHawk on August 22, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Whatever you say, M’am.

Del Dolemonte on August 22, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Maybe republicans don’t like divisiveness, endless debt, and a president that hates his country. Ever think of THAT, Babs?

Hawkerflyer on August 22, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Maybe they don’t like their moms or their first wives; I don’t know what it is.

One time, Babs heard a Republican say “Yes, Ma’am” to his Mom.

Stu Gotts on August 22, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Such an ugly, especially from the inside, woman is a senator. It’s a national travesty.

Schadenfreude on August 22, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Whatever you say, M’am.

Whatever you say moron..

sandee on August 22, 2012 at 2:45 PM

If she were my mom then it would be true.

Flange on August 22, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Some way, some how, this is going to backfire on the dems. Lately it seems as if every time they think they’ve found the magic bullet, it backfires. They should make the convention all abortion all the time.

Keyser-Soze on August 22, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Well….Senator Boxer….Republican men are not married to women as ugly as you so we actually care about our wives.

logicman_1998 on August 22, 2012 at 2:46 PM

They don’t like their dogs either.

acyl72 on August 22, 2012 at 2:46 PM

If their moms or wives are anything like Boxer I can see why they don’t like them.

The Notorious G.O.P on August 22, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Free abortion and free contraception and free childcare are the big issues that will decide this election. Haven’t you heard?

aunursa on August 22, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Three Times Biden Has Blamed GOP for Rape

hepcat on August 22, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Kalifornia….

Yakko77 on August 22, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Gentlemen – imagine yourself married to this women? Now spew.

jake-the-goose on August 22, 2012 at 2:48 PM

sandee on August 22, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I’ve been wondering about that for weeks now. Not Ann Romney specifically, but next Monday. If the networks are only covering 3 days worth of the Dems convention, wouldn’t equal time laws dictate that they only cover Tuesday-Thursday for the GOP?

They have to move her speech to Tuesday now. There’s no way you dump her on Monday and risk millions of people not being introduced to her.

Doughboy on August 22, 2012 at 2:48 PM

“There is a sickness out there in the Republican Party, and I’m not kidding.” – Madam Barbara Boxer

“You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking.” – Joe Biden

If a far left-wing liberal says they’re not kidding, they’re not joking, then whatever they’re saying is nonsense.

Paul-Cincy on August 22, 2012 at 2:49 PM

This lineup of speakers reminds me of the Republican convention in 92. The RNC that year was a lot of screaming to the choir from Buchanan and Robertson etc. Not helpful for the general.

Ted Torgerson on August 22, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Remember when only men could jump sharks?

You’ve come a long way ladies.

forest on August 22, 2012 at 2:49 PM

I really think the term “first wives” is a polygamy slam at Romney for being mormon. What other reason would she have to say “first wives” instead of “wives”?

jazzmo on August 22, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Ma’am, yeah you, the ugly one. I have a question.
How many potential wives and mothers have instead been vacuumed out in the name of women’s rights?

AllahsNippleHair on August 22, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Doughboy on August 22, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I agree…

sandee on August 22, 2012 at 2:49 PM

We kill women with cancer, and we hate our mom’s and first wives…which is an anomaly, since both candidates of ours still are married to their first wives, which is confusing to dems.

Hey, this is great, while they have a bunch of whining women preaching about how horrible R squared are, they will be solving real problems.

The dems will never recover from their convention…it will be a whine fest.

The one thing that worries me, they haven’t unleashed Joe Biden yet…he is a real game changer.

right2bright on August 22, 2012 at 2:49 PM

There’s a malignancy in the Democratic Party. An abortion loving idolatry. A man-hating, lesbianocracy. An atheistic, Communism embracing, motherhood-hating infestation of she-males. A growing pustule of old women, who would rather an aborted “parasite” come out of the womb, than a baby.

Yes, there is something wrong with the Democratic Party.

OhEssYouCowboys on August 22, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Maybe they don’t like their moms or their first wives; I don’t know what it is

Ohhhh, the Mormon Card subtly displayed for all to see.

Way to go bigot Barb.

JPeterman on August 22, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Akin is such a dick for staying in…

deuce on August 22, 2012 at 2:51 PM

She just gets worse, the older that she gets,
No escape from the state of confusion she’s in, state of confusion she’s in………

hat tip to the Kinks

50sGuy on August 22, 2012 at 2:52 PM

BIDEN: “In many cities, the result has been—and it’s not unique—murder rates are up, robbery rates are up, rapes are up.”

Like Chicago, Detroit, LA, SF, all democratic strongholds…

right2bright on August 22, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Boxer speaking of wives brings to mind this historic exchange:

Lady Astor: “Winston, if I were your wife, I’d put poison in your coffee.”
Winston Churchill: “Nancy, if I were your husband, I’d drink it.”

besser tot als rot on August 22, 2012 at 2:52 PM

“Where’s the outrage by Mitt Romney?” Boxer asked, “There is a sickness out there in the Republican Party, and I’m not kidding.”

Here, fool:

“[Akin's] comments on rape are insulting, inexcusable, and, frankly, wrong. Like millions of other Americans, we found them to be offensive.”

- Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan

“As I said yesterday, Todd Akin’s comments were offensive and wrong and he should very seriously consider what course would be in the best interest of our country. Today, his fellow Missourians urged him to step aside, and I think he should accept their counsel and exit the Senate race.”

- Mitt Romney

“Maybe they don’t like their moms or their first wives; I don’t know what it is.

They love their mums and their first wives…to whom they are still married, genius.

Is that a veiled crack at Mormons, btw?

“Those who survived the San Francisco earthquake said, ‘Thank God, I’m still alive.’ But, of course, those who died, their lives will never be the same again.”

– Barbara “Ma’am” Boxer

Senator Stupid

Resist We Much on August 22, 2012 at 2:52 PM

She’s also nuts because Romney DID express outrage- and called for Akins to withdraw.

michaelo on August 22, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Ohhhh, the Mormon Card subtly displayed for all to see.

Way to go bigot Barb.

JPeterman on August 22, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Really, that’s what you read? Really?

right2bright on August 22, 2012 at 2:53 PM

It’s time to change the conversation, Romney!

nitzsche on August 22, 2012 at 2:53 PM

“Where’s the outrage by Mitt Romney?” Boxer asked

I agree. He should be denouncing Joe Biden for his outrageous, insulting, race-baiting comments—oh, we’re talking about that anymore?

squint on August 22, 2012 at 2:53 PM

With the economy in the Shitter, and threats of another deep recession just around the corner, this strategery is DOA. Squirrel of the Week.

But hey, knock yourselves out, losers.

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on August 22, 2012 at 2:53 PM

As always, she can turn words.

Schadenfreude on August 22, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Ted Torgerson on August 22, 2012 at 2:49 PM

The similarities are glaring. You had the GOP in 1992 terrified to run on the economy, so they went hardcore for base turnout by appealing to social cons. This time around, the Dems are terrified to run on the economy(or anything else for that matter), so they’re going hardcore for base turnout by appealing to every special interest subset of the party.

Doughboy on August 22, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Is that “don’t call me maa’m” whining again?

right2bright on August 22, 2012 at 2:54 PM

jazzmo on August 22, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Could be, but she could also be taking a shot at divorced politicians like Newt.

tims472 on August 22, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Senator Stupid

Resist We Much on August 22, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Stupidity is a qualifier for any leftist.

Schadenfreude on August 22, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Both Romney and Ryan came out strongly against Akin’s statements.

Boxer is either ignorant and uninformed or she’s purposely spreading lies.

Idiot or liar? Not sure which one I’d choose.

JadeNYU on August 22, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Hawkerflyer on August 22, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Error — assumes facts not in evidence (i.e. that Boxer can think).

:-)

Mary in LA on August 22, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Really, that’s what you read? Really?

right2bright on August 22, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Yes, really.

JPeterman on August 22, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Barbara, maybe you don’t love babies, you hideous, shrill, abortion-loving pig.

Right Mover on August 22, 2012 at 2:57 PM

What is Babsie babbling about? Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan are both still married to their first wives, and Paul Ryan took his mother on the campaign trail with him!

Steve Z on August 22, 2012 at 2:58 PM

(1) For all of Boxer’s demagoguery about Wall Street, guess who shows up among the top Senate recipients of financial sector campaign contributions this cycle? You guessed it. Plus, this style of vilification is a bit rich coming from a former stockbroker.

(2) Boxer’s sniping was laden with with class envy rhetoric, conspicuously drawing attention to Fiorina’s wealth as if it were a disqualifying factor. May I quote The San Francisco Chronicle from this past June?

Barbara Boxer [is] also among the wealthiest lawmakers in Washington, according to annual financial disclosure reports released Wednesday.”

Speakup on August 22, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Boxer is either ignorant and uninformed or she’s purposely spreading lies.

Idiot or liar? Not sure which one I’d choose.

JadeNYU on August 22, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Purposely spreading lies.

the_nile on August 22, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Could somebody order up a barrel of Vagisil, for Ma’am Boxer? Oh, and a trowel, for application.

Thanks, in advance.

OhEssYouCowboys on August 22, 2012 at 2:59 PM

What I am looking for is Joe Biden, dressed in drag, talking at the convention…

right2bright on August 22, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Babs wants to keep women thinking and voting with their uterii rather than with their heads. Right, Julia????

ted c on August 22, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Does Jerry Brown hate women too? It was his campaign that thought it was OK to call Whitman a whore.

Flange on August 22, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Boxer is either ignorant and uninformed or she’s purposely spreading lies.

Idiot or liar? Not sure which one I’d choose.

JadeNYU on August 22, 2012 at 2:55 PM

She’s a liar as well as an idiot. She encapsulates both states the way light is both particle and wave.

squint on August 22, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Fine, let them put all their money on this loser of an issue, when an even bigger issue for women is the looming fiscal crisis, lack of jobs, entitlements driven by the communists tearing down any possibility of them having a normal enough life to even bother talking about women’s issues.

Those that fall in line are surely stupid and not worth considering for support of normal thinking, as if republicans would ever be able to count on getting the votes of the terminally stupid liberals anyway.

Wolfmoon on August 22, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Yes, really.

JPeterman on August 22, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Gosh…you guys go way out of your way to find some kind of attack on Mormon’s.

I imagine if one of the dems said “Hat’s off to him” you would find that an attack on Mormon’s…or “He is driving me to drink”…but, if you look at a painting long enough, you will see whatever you want or need.

right2bright on August 22, 2012 at 3:02 PM

The list of women associated with the Democrat Party is exactly why I’m a Republican Woman

Barbara Brainless Boxer
Nancy Pro Baby Killer Keenan
Cecile Let’s Kill Black Babies Richards
and Sandra “Pay me so I can have SEX” Fluke

Not a redeeming person among them

obsessedinga on August 22, 2012 at 3:02 PM

All I can say to Mrs. Boxer is, “Ma’am, you don’t know what you’re talking about.”

BKeyser on August 22, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Maybe the Democrats don’t like their daughters and want to kill them in the womb. What the hell is wrong with a people who think the “bad guys” are the ones who want the save innocent lives and the “good guys” are the ones who want to rip out babies limb by limb, alive!! “Extreme positions” on abortion? Uh, abortion is extreme Boxer!

gina4 on August 22, 2012 at 3:03 PM

– Barbara “Ma’am” Boxer

Senator Stupid

Resist We Much on August 22, 2012 at 2:52 PM

I think I am wiling to give Boxwer a pass on that one, I mean Dems are all for voting rights for the dead, and taxing the dead, so it would be easy for her to be even more confused on this topic than she normally is.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on August 22, 2012 at 3:04 PM

The #1 reason on the list of why I’m ashamed to be a Californian.

aunursa on August 22, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Golden Bear,

Just do what millions of other Californians are doing. Move to Texas! :-)

UltimateBob on August 22, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I’m completely offended that the Democrats think that as a woman I should let my vote be dictated by my reproductive organs. (Never mind that my reproductive organs seem to have had different goals in life than theirs, I actually wanted all my babies.)

Can you imagine the outcry if a party demanded that men vote based on their penises?

LibraryGryffon on August 22, 2012 at 3:05 PM

The 2012 Democrat convention: Moonbat yahoos yelling about their hoohas.

Right Mover on August 22, 2012 at 3:06 PM

SPOT ON Ericka

Pop me in with you girlfriend

cmsinaz on August 22, 2012 at 3:06 PM

But, of course, those who died, their lives will never be the same again.”

– Barbara “Ma’am” Boxer

Yeah, that sounds like Boxer, alright.

Too bad her poor mother was punished with a baby.

The Rogue Tomato on August 22, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Boxer rocks!
Boxer rocks!
She’s dumb as a…
Boxer rocks!

Dexter_Alarius on August 22, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Democrats are so stupid because they think the Akin has provide more mud to sling.

Obama shouldn’t want this election to be about abortioin when his record of supporting infanticide could finally become a mainstream talking point.

All the Akin campaign has to do, right now while the press is red hot on him, is to say we believe that Akin has apologized for his regretable remark but we feel that he can still win and why not, America elected Barack Obama with his dispicable record of supporting infanticide.

Everytime Obama & the DNC bring up abortion the response should be well what about Obama’s record on infanticide?

Then move to the economy, jobs, debt, deficits, etc.

sheryl on August 22, 2012 at 3:06 PM

I completely agree and I don’t just say this to the choir here. I say this to my Obama supporting friends. It’s what we need to say to them now.
Abortion can wait until the 2014 or 2016 election. The abortion issue is a luxury of a wealthy society, which won’t include us if Obama continues to destroy the economy.

thuja on August 22, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Gosh…you guys go way out of your way to find some kind of attack on Mormon’s.

right2bright on August 22, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Where did I attack Mormons? Babs Boxer made the statement “first wives” as slam towards Mormonism, not me.

JPeterman on August 22, 2012 at 3:07 PM

I don’t like Boxer, but I miss my late Mom.

I also miss my long-late Dad.

I don’t much miss my ex-wife, any more than she might miss me (I’m not trying to speak for her or attack her–that’s just the way it is).

I despise liberal feminists, and the candy-cane liberal boys who thrive being PC among such females.

Pffft!

Liberal feminists always have something to prove, something to defeat and destroy.

Conservative women stand to their own selves, and are valuable because of that.

Realistically–what man worth his salt would want to stay with a liberal feminist?

Liam on August 22, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Erika – this has everything to do with that Uncle Fester from the basement Akin. He’s become the rock that’s tied to Romney/Ryan and they won’t be able to jettison it to keep from sinking. The democrats will answer every question with “well, with the war against women, I think that economic issues are paramount to winning and romney/ryan are wrong” – with that statement alone? nothing else needs to be heard by 50% of the populace!

Everything will be couched in terms of War against women from this moment on.

I’d like to thank those 14% SoCons who voted Cuckoo for coco puffs into the national spotlight as they cost us the election.

Romney/Ryan won’t survive with this guy in, if Akin pulls out now he needs the judiciary in MO to GRANT HIM THE OK to do so and they’re run by the dnc so don’t expect help there, a 3rd party option of a woman would be good but the 14% clingers are equivalent to Brokeback Mountain at this point and won’t drop down to zero if Akin’s name is on the ballot even if he’s dropped out of the race. They’ll vote for him just as a point of pissy-ness. Which let’s Claire-bear squeak in and the state go Obama. The rest of the country watches and the independents such as myself also decide to stay home as – why bother? I’m not getting involved in this mess and then have to cover my rearend if the Regime wins and starts pulling voter records.

Yes, I think the word went out from Obama to Boxer and other surrogate women pawns to start the War on Women mantra and it will carry from now until election day!

It will resonate because just like Obamacare where we don’t want our choices limited for our healthcare, women don’t want their choices limited (although they don’t plan on using the option they don’t want to be told what they can and can’t do) either. We’re adults. Too bad, the show me state had to ram it down our gullets one baffoon’s idea of what he thought magic juices in our hoo-hoo’s could do or not do on any given sunday.

By November 2nd I’m going to be so glad this election is over and War on Women will stop being in every sentence on media. Buckle your seat belts people, here we go…….

athenadelphi on August 22, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Babs Boxer has her head planted so far up her anal orifice it’s a wonder she can breathe.

GarandFan on August 22, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Actually Boxer is what Akin was talking about. If she was forcibly raped it would have to be Boxer who did the raping because no man would consider such an act with her. And then if she succeeded in raping some poor guy the fetus would self abort once it realized who its mom was.

inspectorudy on August 22, 2012 at 3:09 PM

She’s referring to this, from Chick-Fil-A:

“We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit,” Cathy said. “We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that.”

Alana on August 22, 2012 at 3:09 PM

I bet that helped the job situation.

faraway on August 22, 2012 at 3:10 PM

I must have used a moderated word. 8(

As an woman I am offended that the Democrats think that I must vote according to my reproductive organs (and my reproductive organs have had a different agenda than theirs; I wanted all my pregnancies and babies).

Can you imagine the outrage if a political party demanded that men vote according to their reproductive organs?

LibraryGryffon on August 22, 2012 at 3:10 PM

The [Lilly Ledbetter] bill was an issue in the 2008 Presidential election campaign, with Barack Obama supporting the bill,[9] and John McCain opposed to it.[10] The plaintiff in the case, Lilly Ledbetter, appeared in campaign ads for the Obama campaign and had a speaking role at the [2008] Democratic National Convention.

She’s a repeat

faraway on August 22, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Let the democrats go hog wild … they will eventually shoot themselves in the foot because they don’t know how to stop. They keep going until they look like the ridiculous a$$es they are.

darwin on August 22, 2012 at 3:11 PM

athenadelphi, you won’t hear the end of “the war on women” once the election is over. My guess is that I won’t hear the end of that for the rest of my life.

And you’re sitting home on election day isn’t going to matter at all. The notion that you’re doing so because of election records being pulled if the regime wins – well, talk about lily-livered. I’m pretty much of a chicken myself, but if millions upon millions of us are going down for how we voted, well, I guess I’ll go down with them.

Alana on August 22, 2012 at 3:13 PM

How many times has she been married and what do her kids think of her? Projection seems to define these folks.

DanMan on August 22, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Medicare reform, Social Security reform, the economy, and jobs ARE WOMEN’S ISSUES.

The Democrat establishment, including Boxer,clearly believes that the women who comprise their electoral base are ignorant of the issues that will keep food on their tables, a roof over their heads, provide a safety net for their seniority, and preserve the lifestyle to which Americans have become accustomed. How very cynical.

Its a sad state of affairs for the Democrats that they dare not run on a sitting Democrat President’s record. Sadder still that he has no plans to offer for the future of the nation on which the establishment might build a viable campaign.

thatsafactjack on August 22, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Between Pelosi’s botox and this one’s dye job, something rotten is seeping into the brain.

sherry on August 22, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Yes, Obama wanted to let babies who somehow made it through a botched abortion die in a closet! Why isn’t that headline news? It should be and maybe they would shut up.

gina4 on August 22, 2012 at 3:14 PM

OT:will the lsm report that dear leader cant spell Ohio

Wont hold my breath

cmsinaz on August 22, 2012 at 3:15 PM

– Barbara “Ma’am” Boxer

Senator Stupid

Resist We Much on August 22, 2012 at 2:52 PM

That’s right up there with:

“On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes — and I see many of them in the audience here today — our sense of patriotism is particularly strong.” – Barack Obama

Paul-Cincy on August 22, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Inaccurate headline. Boxer said “first wives”.

Why was it sanitized?

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on August 22, 2012 at 3:16 PM

athenadelphi on August 22, 2012 at 3:08 PM

If 50% of the populace are truly that bone-stick-stone-stupid to fall for that line after three miserable years of Obama, then one has to wonder what is worth saving? If we’re that far gone, maybe it’s best to let darkness hold sway for a few decades until the stupid is completely beaten out of us as a country.

squint on August 22, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Clearly Ms Ledbetter is unaware of a few things going on in the Obama administration.

tdpwells on August 22, 2012 at 3:17 PM

I am a woman and I just hate this kind of stuff..I just had a talk with a couple of people who thought Akin had not really said anything all that bad…well here it is…the Democrats in all their glory exploiting the situation for their political gain. Thanks, ever so much Todd. You idiot.

Speaking of idiots…how does Barbara Boxer keep her seat? I just do not get that.

Terrye on August 22, 2012 at 3:18 PM

How many times has she been married…

DanMan on August 22, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Liberals feminists describe marriage as ‘legalized rape.’

One leader of NOW said that a woman can’t be be truly ‘liberated’ until she has has at least one lesbian encounter.

What does that tell us?

Liam on August 22, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Or maybe she isn’t referring to the Cathey quote. Now that I look back, she may just be talking about divorce acrimony.

Alana on August 22, 2012 at 3:18 PM

tims472 on August 22, 2012 at 2:54 PM

But that wouldn’t make sense. A man who is divorced is likely to actually care less about his first wife than he is about his current wife. Or he could still care about any wife he may have had. So it would make sense to just say “wives”. Why does she refer to “first” wife if not a slam at mormonism?

jazzmo on August 22, 2012 at 3:20 PM

They really hit the jackpot with Akin. It probably cost Republicans that Senate seat and sticks us with no hope for Obamacare repeal, but are they really going to have an election based on rape and abortion? Wow, that’s uplifting and inspirational.

TonyR on August 22, 2012 at 3:20 PM

OT: midday comedy gold for you.

if you haven’t seen this yet….

ted c on August 22, 2012 at 3:20 PM

thatsafactjack on August 22, 2012 at 3:13 PM

He has plans, all right. It’s just that he can’t say what they are and still expect to win the election. I read an article the other day that laid out these plans – I forget now what it was, but it included such things as telling employers what they must pay their employees for each type of job.

Alana on August 22, 2012 at 3:21 PM

OT:will the lsm report that dear leader cant spell Ohio

Wont hold my breath

cmsinaz on August 22, 2012 at 3:15 PM

well, they’ve already had to admit that AND that they were fooled. See the wapo twitter over at twitchy. Heh. they friggin walked into the door on this one.

ted c on August 22, 2012 at 3:21 PM

jazzmo on August 22, 2012 at 3:20 PM

She’s hiding again. Sixty-three percent of divorces are initiated by the wives.

Liam on August 22, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Did I accidently get some Irish cream in my hot chocolate or did the headline change.
I could see the fried butter girl doing this, but not Erika.

AllahsNippleHair on August 22, 2012 at 3:22 PM